Old boards are now "officially" closed and are in archive status, so I thought it time for a new thread now that most kinks have been worked out and to get the GIANT FIRST POST off the front page. See below for a brief Q&A. Also use this thread to report any technical problems you run into.
Special thanks to Secret for their help in getting these new boards set up.
>“Overall, I'm disappointed in it,” Quinn said to me in an email about the report. “It's an important subject that deserves to be addressed but how it's addressed matters just as much, if not more. Unfortunately, it feels like the issues with the report might have ultimately kneecapped an otherwise potentially useful resource.”
OH LOOK. EVEN SHE THINKS THE REPORT ISN'T ALL THAT GREAT.
>The report says on page 48: There is widespread representation of VAWG [violence against women and girls] in mainstream culture, including in contemporary and popular music, movies, the gaming industry and the general portrayal of women in popular media. Recent research on how violent video games are turning children, mostly boys, into ‘killing zombies’ are also a part of mainstreaming violence. [emphasis added] >As White and others have pointed out, the quoted phrase “killing zombies” is sourced from this extremely questionable article from 2000 that links school shootings to video games. It refers to spree killers like the Columbine shooters as “Nintendo killers,” predicting a scourge of violence brought on by video games. At a later point, the article calls Pokémon a “killing game designed for toddlers beginning at 2 and 3 years old.”
I’m sad about it, and I’ll definitely miss her, but I’ve come to terms with her passing and all. My mom’s completely broken up about all this, though. She’s always hated to see any of our dogs sick or in pain, and when things got like this for some of our older dogs, she almost always took them to the vet so they wouldn’t have to suffer. These things always hit her the hardest because she loves animals, and that goes double for the ones that are family.
>400869 >Would you be able to deal with people looking down on you constantly and still be happy knowing you made the right choice for your own life?
I had a wild night tonight. Went to a friend's birthday and got quite drunk. Met a person there who I think was trans or going to be trans. Or maybe just extremely gay, I dunno. The reality is so different from the fantasy, and I definitely don't plan on transitioning.
I don't think she's going to win, she's a trap for democratic voters and her record speaks for itself.
1. Her one job as first lady was her health care initiative, which failed monumentally.
2. She only got a senate seat because her only opponent, the far more popular Rudy Guiliani, got cancer.
3. Despite serving two senate terms and being the most recognizable name in the senate, she doesn't have a single piece of legislation actually pass with her name on it.
4. She mostly worked alone in the senate, she never reached across party lines to the other side, and she never got anyone in her own party to co-sponsor a bill.
5. Despite being the most recognizable candidate, during the height of terror fears and a failing economy she lost the presidential nomination to an anonymous marxist black man whose middle name is Hussein and last name rhymes with Osama.
6. Her pity job of Secretary of State had one major goal: Resetting relations with Russia. I don't know if you're checking major news networks, but we're pretty much entering a new cold war with them.
7. The same Secretary of State position also has a single basic objective, to protect embassy staff. Without this staff protected, the country loses links to other nations which makes diplomacy hard. Bazing-*cough* I mean, Benghazi. A really cool sound bite of her saying it doesn't matter, which her opponent can replay 24/7 on TV.
8. Feminist vote? Forget about it, she's on record giggling about defending a rapist she knew was guilty. Another sound bite to play on television campaign ads 24/7.
9. Oh I suppose women might throw her a pity vote because Bill mouthfucked a girl in the oval office... If they didn't know that Bill Clinton has been sterile from birth due to a medical condition. Guess where Hillarys daughter comes from... think about it... ding ding ding! A fucking affair.
10. Her book, which contains the juiciest presidential scandal in living memory, somehow managed to flop.
11. She manufactures gaffes like a dedicated asian child laborer. Pic related.
tl;dr She's disloyal, dishonorable and incompetent. Any presidential opponents she fights have a mountain of historical dirt to throw at her if they want to. Her only hope is that they take pity on her and pull their punches.
The older I get the more I realize that I want to be a normie. I don't want to know what the latest dank memes are. I don't want to be the hip anti-mainstream guy with radical opinions. I don't want to be a "true" nerd. I just want a life outside of the internet.
>399375 Your very sentence is disingenious, you're saying: >34 innocents dying to every 1 self-defense But the study itself says >34 innocents dying to every 1 self-defense DEATH >5 cases of self defense NON-DEATH to every 1 innocent dying
Back when I was moving out, my mother taught me how to sew. But whenever an essential button comes loose from one of my pieces of clothing, I just throw the whole damn thing away instead of sewing the button back on.
Guess I'll ask this here. Anyone know any good antivirus software. I'm getting a new computer and I'm trying to get it ready. I know enough to get Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should be looking for.
Recently got my hands on a nice Shuttle X case, but the guts are 2003 low-tier stuff. Okay for a file server, but I want to use it as an HTPC. I have an SSD and DVD burner already, and I think the 240W power supply on the box already will be sufficient, so I just need a new mobo, proc, and RAM. I'm looking to spend <$200 and am looking at the following combination at the moment: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128565 AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Processor - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Memory - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231276
Good? Bad? Suggestions for alternative parts? It would be nice to use Big Picture mode of Steam on it, but not necessary. My current HTPC is basically just used to play Hulu.