/baw/ - General Discussion

File allowance: 8MB jpg, 12MB png, 8MB gif, 8MB mp3, 16MB swf, 16MB webm, 16MB mp4

Stats: 94 posts, 9 images (total attachments: 9)

Toggle poster info Replying to /baw/419846 Close window
Options
save file
image:158466769326.png(3kB , 116x116 , plus4chan.png)
I've updated the board frontend to the latest work in progress version. This is a total rewrite that purges nearly all old code, which is why it took so long to make. It does not yet have everything I want to add, but it is already five times more powerful than the old site and makes the place so much easier to use. With this update, we are closer to parity with other imageboards out there, both in features, and in site layout, but we are not there yet.

Some highlights are:
- entire front-end rewritten from scratch, with nearly all of the old code base purged from this side (the backend has not been touched to avoid compatibility issues).
- new responsive layout, with a more old school imageboard mode. The layout is based on the browser window size. On desktop PCs, it looks like a traditional imageboard, but on tablet or collapsed windows, it looks like the previous plus4chan layout. I may make a switch later to force either style, should you guys have a preference.
For now, if you prefer the old style, just resize the browser window to half width (under 1180px). On Windows you can do this just by dragging the tab to the side border of your screen.
- new, fixed position "popup" style quick reply. This one has a huge amount of additions which I hope will make posting much easier, thereby encouraging our posters to be more active. Note that most of these enhancements require Javascript.

About the new quick reply:
- fixed positioning, and on desktops you can drag it around.
- "currently posting" status and file upload progress are shown.
- warns you if you close the quick reply with a post written inside.
- counts down until you can make your next post. You can queue your next post during the countdown. This makes it easier to make image dumps without running into flood detection errors.
- quoted posts get highlighted while you are posting.
- keyboard shortcuts added for Spoiler, (ctrl+s), Bold (ctrl+b), Italic (ctrl+i), and Underlined (ctrl+u) text. Also, ESC will close the quick reply. More shortcut suggestions are welcome.
- always shows name fields if you use a name; automatically hides the name fields if you post anonymously (it was the other way around previously, and as a result posters tended to forget about resetting their names, usually when using the name field as a makeshift thread subject).
- speaking of which - after a long absence, the subject field is back.

Theme changes:
- retired the Ghost theme (it was terrible, really).
- Greygreen theme re-added from the old boards.
- Buri and Futaba tweaked a bit to look closer to the classic Kusaba and Kusaba X versions.
- Babby removed (it was pointless)
- new template: Plus4, based on our static pages.
- new template: Heroes, based on Heroes of Might & Magic III.
If you find any issues with the templates, please post them here.

other minor changes:
- font sizes increased.
- Replies to a post are now listed.
- backlinks can now be copied into a post and still work.
- images are now lazy loaded (natively, without javascript).
- the post number is broken up to two parts, the "No." part will link to the thread, while the post number will open a quick reply.
- there's a new "permalink" icon in the corner. You can use that to link to any post and have it highlighted by default.
- report and delete buttons now have loading status indicators.
- inline reference has a loading status indicator too.
- hovering over the >>postnumber will highlight the referenced post.
- WEBM/MP4 expansions now use the same design as the youtube and vimeo windows. Additionally, the "close video" trigger was moved to the top, so they don't conflict with the seekbar controls.
- post passwords are set to last only your current session, so if you close your browser, they are gone. This may be tweaked in the future.
- thread hider fixed and can store much more posts now.
- rss feeds were tweaked to use the thread numbers as feed categories.
- NSFW images on NSFW boards will now say "VERY NSFW" on the thumbnail. You can also make "VERY NSFW SPOILERS".
- fixed a bug that prevented janitors to view the janitor board (which is not as funny as you think, since our janitors actually do their jobs).

Now that the new code is live, I'll be able to add new stuff more frequently. So expect more frequent updates from now on.

Please report any bugs here, so I can fix them as soon as possible.

I'd also like to ask you to post any suggestions or additions you would like to see on the site. Lastly, please use the site as much as you can!
And please, spread the word: plus4chan is alive.

Well, enjoy the new board, and let's hope I did not leave any critical bugs in there.
No.419847
Black Hand ## Developer
Also, in case some bug breaks posting, please bring it to my attention either through twitter, or by sending an email to [email protected]
No.419849
Anonymous
save file
image:158468641451.gif(973kB , 312x213 , It's Happening.gif)
No.419861
Mstr Twstr
Replies:>>419865
Not a bug, but I noticed drag-n-drop no longer works for posting files.
No.419865
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>419866
>>419861
I didn't realize you could do that on the old board (or that anyone used it for that matter). It was something I experimented with before though.

Should be working now, and on the entire QR box not just on the file field.
No.419866
Mstr Twstr
Replies:>>419868
>>419865
It seems to be working, and not working. There is an option now, but it tells me my browser does not support drag-n-drop feature. Bull fucking shit.

For the record, my daily browser is Palemoon.
No.419868
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>419869
save file
image:158491166031.png(12kB , 468x425 , 1307826394290.png)
>>419866
I checked Pale Moon. It needed an about:config tweak to enable file dropping, it was identified as Internet Explorer 11 in online feature tests, and it could not understand ssl certificates. So plus4chan, as well as every other webpage (including its default search engine), gave errors. Feature support wise it was about five years behind modern browsers. You should consider getting an alternate support because this is just dumb.

>it tells me my browser does not support drag-n-drop feature. Bull fucking shit.

It's a bit more complex than that. Since I used the Drag & Drop API, I had to copy over the file data from the "drop zone" into the form field. But old browsers, including Pale Moon, do not support updating the "files" property of a form field. I originally put the error popup there so the entire QR box does not get stuck with the file drop overlay when you attempt to drop a file in with IE11.

Either way, I made a workaround (all file fields operations now use a virtual filelist property which is copied over into the ajax form field on submission), and it seems to work. As a side effect it also works on Internet Explorer now.
No.419869
Mstr Twstr
>>419868
Well, drag-n-drop works on every other websites. It also worked on the old version of +4.
No.419870
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>419871
On the old code there was a file upload field hidden with 0% opacity. You can natively drag into normal upload fields, but only on SOME browsers. It's also why it had no styling applied whatsoever, because it was a trick.
No.419871
Mstr Twstr
save file
image:158492680696.png(259kB , 633x900 , 99-little-bugs-in-the-code-jordan-a-chamberlain.png)
>>419870
Well, works now. Thanks, good job, quality person.
No.419872
Mstr Twstr
Oh, and I will keep using Palemoon no matter what. Freedom isn't free, and if using an """outdated""" browser is what it takes to give the middle finger to Microsoft, Google, and Mozilla, I'll keep on dragging my cross.

Palemoon uses less RAM than Waterfox, so there.
No.419873
Anonymous
Replies:>>419903
>>419872
That's admirable but you will very soon start finding sites just incompatible with the browser (I would know, I use IE).

I don't even get why they'd fork the browser if they don't plan on updating it.
No.419896
Anonymous
save file
image:158496399629.jpg(18kB , 474x271 , LINX MASTER RACE.jpg)
>>419872
>and if using an """outdated""" browser is what it takes to give the middle finger to Microsoft, Google, and Mozilla, I'll keep on dragging my cross.
If you're not blocking certain JS and if you're not using a high-quality proxy or TBB master race then I feel that middle finger is in vain.

For those who aren't techies:
https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
+ a grain of salt.
No.419903
Mstr Twstr
Replies:>>419906
>>419873
>why fork
When Mozilla stops caring about you and goes in a direction you don't want, you fork.

t. constantly checking the forums and talk with the developer often.
No.419906
Anonymous
Replies:>>419907
>>419903
That's not the problem, the problem is that if they completely stop all development then the fork is completely useless; you might as well just keep using the old version and not update.
No.419907
Mstr Twstr
Replies:>>419908
>>419906
They are developing, to the beast of their ability. Again, I check the forums daily.
No.419908
Anonymous
Replies:>>419909
>>419907
If it's stuck with 5 years old standards support then it doesn't sound like they are developing it at all.
No.419909
Anonymous
save file
image:158500723255.png(1kB , 462x326 , dev.png)
>>419908
I checked, surprisingly they are still developing and updating. They just aren't modern. That isn't their goal. (Which one died? I must be confusing it with IceWeasel or WaterFox...)

To a large degree I believe in security through minimalism, but if you are running something that old for browsing, it will break functionality. It's a trade-off and devs are rarely interested in maintaining access to the one or two people who demand backwards support.
No.419936
User 9
>>419872
I'm been using Pale Moon and Seamonkey, the latter partly because I have noscript and RequestPolicy on Pale Moon and some stuff doesn't work well with that even if you enable all permissions for it.
No.419947
Anonymous
Replies:>>419948
seems like the pedo spambots is back, just reported a thread started by such on /jam/
No.419948
User 9
Replies:>>419967
>>419947
Removed. While I'm at it, some notes on the janitorial interfaces:

Pressing the delete button from the koba panel still does nothing, you still have to go to the thread to remove a post.

Janitoring does not work on mobile. There's no way to bring up the menu for the link to the reports page, possibly because nothing counts as hovering the mouse when you're using a touch screen interface. And for some reason, when you go to delete something, Safari renders the CSS layer that dims the rest of the page on top of the pop-up control, making it impossible to interact with.
No.419949
Anonymous
Replies:>>419958
There might be a more sophisticated form of spambot targeting /co/.

Not only the OP but the first reply are pretty suspect yet formed in a way they could at a glance pass for sincere.
No.419958
Anonymous
>>419949
Now they are just a bit more active in general. Remember to report them everyone.
No.419967
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>419987
>>419948
>Pressing the delete button from the koba panel still does nothing, you still have to go to the thread to remove a post.

Can you elaborate on this? There's a bunch of different menus where you can get to that button. I know that it works when you delete a post while doing a ban, and when you just use the mod view and go to delete post from there, it drops you into the same page that loads when you'd click delete inside a thread anyway. Both work on my end.

>Janitoring does not work on mobile. There's no way to bring up the menu for the link to the reports page, possibly because nothing counts as hovering the mouse when you're using a touch screen interface.
I'll do an ugly workaround (it's already up on the beta site). Note that the koba panel is in nothing short of a catastrophic state, and much of the code is unreadably archaic. If you know any other older bugs, please tell me, chances are you've been using it for longer than I did.

>when you go to delete something, Safari renders the CSS layer that dims the rest of the page on top of the pop-up control, making it impossible to interact with.
This seems to be a z-index bug with OP posts, probably due to how I set up the "post a reply" sticky button on mobiles. I'll look into it.
No.419972
Anonymous
Not gonna lie, the heroes pop-ups get annoying, especially after declining them and changing theme. Might turn off JS again.
No.419980
Mstr Twstr
>>419972
I want the feature to stay.
No.419982
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>419983
>>419972
This. At least give us the option to turn off the pop-ups.
No.419983
Anonymous
Replies:>>419993
>>419972
>>419982
Look at the date, dumb fucks.
No.419987
User 9
Replies:>>419988
Finally, some style. I appreciate the clover and flying chan city.

>>419967
Here's a screenshot, it's the X button that's doing nothing for me. I click it, get redirected to the main koba panel, go back to the reports, and the report is still there.
No.419988
Anonymous
>>419987
Post the screenshot on the janitor board pls.
No.419993
Anonymous
save file
image:158586669186.png(156kB , 480x480 , me irl.png)
>>419983
Timezones and work stress took me for a spin. Joke's on me.

Anyway, it was fun. Thanks Black Hand.
No.420015
Anonymous
Replies:>>420016
Minor bug: Highlighting text, dragging it and releasing inside the quick reply results in a permanent Drop File Here overlay. Can be done accidentally when highlighting text within quick reply.
(Windows, Firefox)
No.420016
Black Hand ## Developer
Update:

- fixed file dropper in the Quick Reply triggering when non-files are dragged over it
- fixed error message when uploading mp3s with Chrome (it listed mp3 as audio/mp3 instead of audio/mpeg and the board checked the mime type only)
- tweaked the mobile view a bit, it now uses a centered thumb without wraparound text, and the fonts are a tiny bit larger. OP post no longer gets covered by the delete/report overlay (I'll need to redo those buttons complete because they are too small to be useful on mobiles).
- tweaked the loading icon a little
- added hover effect for viewing off-screen post quotes. Also works with inter-thread and inter-board quotes, with some mandatory loading. Note that while it is loading, you can't open an inline reference (it's the same process).
- other minor bug fixes, mostly in the css

If you got stuck with the Heroes theme from April 1st, remember that we have the style switchers on the bottom, press Default to return to whatever style the board originally uses.

>>420015
I knew it had some bugs left, thanks for reporting. Luckily there's a way to check what type of content you are dragging, so it was possible to fix it easily.
No.420061
Black Hand ## Developer
Update:
- tweaked the off screen post quote hover to be less likely to get stuck on the window, and to have better performance.
- fixed a rounding problem in the automatic post timer.
No.420072
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>420117
plus4chan is 14 years old today.
>>420072
Been a long time since I was here last.
No.420131
Mstr Twstr
Replies:>>420132
Heroes theme randomly disappears on /jam/.
No.420132
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>420133
>>420131
Unfortunately I can't reproduce that issue.

It's possible it happens because your cookies are full. The old board code saved so much stuff in there, that it sometimes ran out of space (cookies only allow less than 4k of data). I'll do a mandatory delete on those if found.
No.420133
Anonymous
>>420132
Deleted all +cookies, and cache. It seems like I have to re-enable on every board, for some reason.
No.420134
same poster believe it or not
Replies:>>420135
>>420133
It seems like this bug has been active on my end all this time, since /pco/ was always red for me until today when I called for the heroes to return.
No.420135
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>420136
>>420133
>>420134
all boards have their own individual styles, so if you want to see the Heroes style everywhere, you have to enable it once on all boards. This has been the case in the old design, and I kept it like that so there's a visible indication between blue and red boards, for at least as long as on the first visit.

If you had problems in the old design, with hidden threads not saving, then your cookies were definitely full. Someone mentioned that problem once, not sure if it was you. The old design used cookies to save hidden threads too and it ran out of space faster (I switched that to use localStorage since it always requires scripting anyway).
No.420136
same poster believe it or not
>>420135
EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE NOW

Thanks.
No.420177
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>420179
Update:

- fixed inline quotes, when opened, not having the proper color on all text.
- slightly tweaked link colors on futaba theme. It may get reverted, I'm not sure...
- for popups, clicking the overlay will now close them (after the close button appears).
- quick reply can be now closed while it is submitting a post. This is to prevent the window becoming stuck in case a post takes too long to submit.
However, note that the post will still proceed with submission regardless, so if you don't let the quick reply auto close, and attempt to make another post, you may get flood check errors. This will need a more robust solution in the future, but for now, we don't have so much traffic that it should matter.
- fixed a bug where posts may get multiple hide/show icons.
- fixed greygreen theme missing hover color on the "view omitted responses" link.
- tweaked loading state on post references, so they don't force text reflow by changing the length of the reference. This doesn't apply to the replies list on the top of each post, but as far as I know there's no way those could link to anything that needs to be fetched with ajax (or is there?).
- the "message too long" got the same treatment.
- added missing box-shadow to the "reply to thread" boxes on the board index, making them have the same style as posts.
- style switcher will now leave less junk in the cookies: if you use the default style of any board, it does not need to save it to cookie, and so it won't.
- when Quick Reply is opened, it will check the screen boundaries to make sure it does not spawn off screen. This check runs whenever you call the QR window, so doing as much as clicking any "reply" button will pull it into focus if it went off screen due to a screen resize.

I need to add a proper Settings page and fix the mobile view, but I have no concept on how either should look.
No.420179
Mister of the Twist
>>420177
Never noticed anything wrong 2 days ago, but thanks anyway.
No.420194
Anonymous
Seems to be a new spambot, pretty energetic since its basically hitting every board.
No.420195
Black Hand ## Developer
>>420194
Somewhat ironic, considering that I'm currently working on refactoring the code that handles bans.

Additionally, to any active mods/janitors: please send me your email contacts (post it on the janitor board), I want to add them to the system so I can contact you. Also I may set up something like automatic email notifications for incoming reports.
No.420291
Anonymous
>>420194
Some sperg @ 4chan said loli and shota will be banned. Is this true or another baseless fact from a prolapsed anus?
No.420292
Anonymous
>>420291
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
No.420293
Anonymous
>>420291
It is not because he is talking about that new 8chan site, not plus4.
No.420295
Anonymous
>>420293
And would you be shocked if suddenly 4chan started deleting this too? Given that only /b/ allows it, and that the "zomg none" applies to moderators too, they can just silently nuke everything they don't like without it being "official".
No.420297
Anonymous
>>420293
>>420295
I knew that dingleberry was talking out of his shitcrusted ass!
No.420298
Anonymous
Replies:>>420299
>>420295
This site is not owned by Hiro so they have no say in what goes on here just like how 8chan and every other chan can do what they want without 4chan's blessing.
No.420299
Anonymous
Replies:>>420313
>>420298
Yeah, but 4chan is a honeypot and 8chan is getting shitcanned from every online host there is, so both of those banning loli would not come as a surprise at all.
No.420300
Mister of the Twist
Hot take: loli is this super controversial thing, but also an indicator. Those who stand by people's right to post it are the vanguard of free speech, those who don't stand by it, are at risk of being completely taken over by bootlickers.
No.420304
Anonymous
Their /aco/ drawrhreads are a spectacle of shite. They start off decent but soon as certain anonymous request something that doesn't fit the criteria, it devolves into childish fecal tossing.
No.420305
Anonymous
>>420304
oldnews.
No.420306
Anonymous
>>420304
I've stopped checking drawthreads completely on 4chan since they have 240 reposts and 10 posts divided between new requests and deliveries. Pretty much the only way you can use them is to post, subscribe to the thread, and look on the thread watcher if you got any replies or not.

/aco/ moderation has always been a joke, the only thing the janitors moderate is whether their waifus are posted or not. I've seen a ton of loli, bestiality, or anime posts on /aco/, since none of the threads were moderated except the drawthreads.
No.420313
Anonymous
Replies:>>420319
>>420291
>Some sperg @ 4chan said loli and shota will be banned
What do you mean?
>banned in US law
IANAL, varies regularly/geographically or something
>banned on 4chan
Pretty sure it already was, just inconsistently enforced at staffs discretion. Possible /b/ exception but probably just intentionally poor enforcement.
>banned on 8kun
That is the news, I believe it is officially 'banned' now. Certain boards have moved to bunkers as a result.

>>420299
>4chan is a honeypot and 8chan is getting shitcanned
Close, but wrong.
4chan is bloated and trying to become commercially viable (hence Hiro ownership, 4chan passes for voting saga, malware ads saga, 4channel, etc etc) combined with post-2016 election blunt force trauma.
8kun is recovering from the shitfest that /pol/ + media has inflicted on the entire site, combined with Jim's long-term efforts to monetize the site. Combine that with an admin focus on becoming a right-wing news site for Qoomers.
The ban was (accourding to a staff member) in response to lawyers saying precedence determines it is illegal and another reason the site could be taken down. 8chan/kun was getting shitcanned but that is not relevant.

>>420300
It's a decent litmus test for someone's motivation to defend something they personally dislike, because there are (certainly contested but nevertheless) reasonable claims it is victimless yet highly obscene and even revolting. It is also socially unaccepted.
Speaking of which, I've seen an anon come bitching on imageboards about how they got shadowbanned on voat and gab for 'telling the TRUTH'. If that person wasn't insane they would have learned those sites use 'free speech' as a bait for 'taboo/ultranationalist speech' (as in, they independently proved themself insane in their replies. I'm not extrapolating that from their choice in sites)
No.420314
Anonymous
>/aco/ moderation has always been a joke
Can confirm, it was a complete joke within the first few days.
No.420315
Anonymous
>>420300
That's a hot take for normalfag levels. You gotta get a lot hotter if you want to your take to deserve being called hot on imageboards.
No.420319
Anonymous
>>420313
>post-2016 election blunt force trauma.

The 2016 election "trauma" was a symptom, not the cause. 4chan has gradually implemented many changes in the past decade, that encouraged a wholly different kind of content. The site is now 100% archived, tracked, active threads last up to weeks, "general" threads are now encouraged, hiveminded posts get deleted in order to make the site look more "presentable". Unfortunately this also allows for infiltration and manipulation.

For example back in '08 or so, on /g/, nvidia was considered a laughing stock due to demoing a card that was literally a block of wood screwed together and had a sawed-off random PCB on its back. Every thread you mentioned them, you got the woodscrews housefire replies. Today, when a company does a blunder of the same proportions, threads mentioning it are removed by janitors due to being low quality. But half baked posts about how great their product is, those can stay because they are well written, "high quality" general discussion threads.

4chan, due to its rules, now encourages shill posting. This leads to getting infiltrated, either by commercial interests or political ones. And with the entire fucking internet imploding into public disobedience mouth karate because Trump got elected, 4chan now suffers from the same type of manipulation, and getting the same stupid shit content.

If the site was still as fast and crazy as it used to be, even /pol/ wouldn't be able to exist to begin with, because by the time I write a post this long, the thread would have already gotten purged. Of course then you couldn't efficiently moderate it for adult content, or for mass nude leaks or shit like that either, and advertisers would balk at the site.

Speaking of which, what happened to stuff like j-list ads? They were hilarious, and you could leave 4chan running without adblocks because the ads actually looked great.
No.420338
Black Hand ## Developer
save file
image:159033649456.png(4kB , 512x512 , lockblue512.png)
Update:

- On attached images, data-hash was changed to base64 encoded data-md5, to keep it more in line with other imageboards.
- hide/show icons were not added to newly made posts (they aren't too useful there, but it's to keep a consistent look)
- spoilered text is now properly inline when used in text, they do not break into new lines.
- opened inline references too.
- Quick Reply stays open if there was a posting error - it no longer eats your post by closing.
- Quick Reply won't empty if you press ESC and hit cancel (IE only behavior for textarea).
- Report and Delete boxes do not have the move-all cursor on the title.
- Report and Delete box positioning tweaked so they do not push the Replies field around, forcing a repaint.
- Report and Delete boxes can be closed by pressing ESC or clicking the overlay. Clicking the post does not close the box. Note that while you can highlight the post in this state, you cannot click on it, as this could launch actions that would interfere with the report/delete boxes.
- SWF Flash files should now show up when you open the file browser. This will still need a future fix to respect per-board file allowances.

Earlier this month I started rewriting the code that handles banning, but things came up and I never finished it, so it's not yet included. Getting that done will be a big step forward in replacing and documenting legacy code.

I wish I could get ahold of the original coder of this board software, but I couldn't find any contacts for him, only a tumblr that was mostly reblogs and hasn't been active since 2019 and doesn't accept messages, so it's probably about to get purged.
No.420358
Anonymous
Replies:>>420359
Yeah 4chan suffers from the same shitty "ads" scanlation sites are afflicted with.
No.420359
Anonymous
Replies:>>420365
>>420358
Which scanlation sites?
No.420365
Anonymous
Replies:>>420366
>>420359
Mangakakalot/Manganel and mangareader among others.
The ads contained stolen art not to mention potential malware/redirects/popunders.

Some idiot uploaded frozen porn sfm on /co/ not your /co/ mind you.
No.420366
Anonymous
>>420365
Oh you mean manga translations, I thought european comics and the like.

And yeah, I know which ads you mean - the ones with sensationalist titles and downright disgusting images. I used to read 4chan at work all the time, but ever since Hiro fucked it up, I do not dare to. Reading the site is one thing, getting the machines infected is quite another. Remember that time when they had bitcoin miners on the site, and if you adblocked them, the site stopped working (the scripts deleted all images/stylesheets)?
No.420369
Black Hand ## Developer
update:
- fixed a bug where the Quick Reply failed to attach a file, if the same file was previously attached and then removed. It only affected some browsers...
- the Quick Reply now warns if you try to upload a file that already exists in the thread. It only works on images which are currently visible, so replying on a board index will usually not trigger this - you need to have the thread open for the best results.

I put that last one together rather hastily, let's hope it does not broke anything. It may make it slower to attach a file, but I hope not by much...
No.420370
Black Hand ## Developer
For now it only works if you select a file, not when you drag a file into the QR, I'll fix that tomorrow...
No.420401
Anonymous
Replies:>>420402
The HoM&M April fool stuff still randomly pops up at times when I switch between boards, though it doesn't seem to happen consistently.
No.420402
Black Hand ## Developer
>>420401
There's a 1 in 255 chance for it to happen.
No.420431
Anonymous
Replies:>>420432
Something odd, randomly the latest/new post in a thread will be hidden requiring me to expand it to see it. Doesn't seem to be related to any specific board.
No.420432
Anonymous
Replies:>>420433
>>420431
hm, that's odd. Does it happen to your own posts as well, or only those made by others? Do you use the report/delete function?
No.420433
Anonymous
Replies:>>420434
>>420432
Sometimes it happens to my posts as well as those of others.

I do make use of the report function to tag spambot posts.
No.420434
Anonymous
>>420433
oh, I think I know what's happening then. When you report a post, the post is then set to hidden. Then, the post gets deleted, and when a new post is made, the ID gets re-used - and your browser still has it stored as hidden.

I'll change it tonight so the post report does not hide posts as a temporary fix.
No.420460
Anonymous
A bit offtopic but I lost a decent chunk of Star vs Toonrotica on my new pc due to the recycle bin getting corrupted. Recuva is useless and easeus is hella vague
No.420461
Anonymous
>>420460
I run so many backups nowadays that I don't even know what tool I used for recovering deleted files... I think it was O&O Unerase, but it's a very old version. It's not 100% reliable either, I only use it for quick checks if necessary. But I've used the built-in Windows "old file versions" tool much more recently. Of course, that assumes that you have it set up in a way that makes recovery possible.
No.420462
Anonymous
Replies:>>420463
>>420460
>corrupted
Ask /g/ first but I'd stop using immediately and consider trying a chkdsk to see if it's recoverable. The more you use a system, the more chance a deleted item (marked as 'free space') is overwritten.
Is the issue that you stored them in the recycle bin and can't access the bin anymore?
Of course, if there wasn't original content then you might as well just redownload it.
>tfw lost hundreds of original drawings and the site was partially archived but all of those drawings are absent from the archive
No.420463
Anonymous
>>420462
using chkdsk will also likely overwrite any recoverable files, in fact even more so.
The question is, how did you lose files due to a recycle bin corruption? Did you use the recycle bin as storage or what?

You can try going to the folder the files were in and checking for older versions of that folder, in Windows 10 you just right click on the folder, select properties, and check the older versions tab. If you had proper backing up set in Win 10, that should suffice.

Otherwise do a full sector scan with Recuva, and restore all those vague files (onto a separate drive, so you don't overwrite any of the content you are recovering), and you'll need to sort them out one by one. It will be "hella vague" because it will only be able to restore the data, not thing things like file names or dates.
No.420469
Black Hand ## Developer
Replies:>>420470
Hotfix: youtube thumbs were not showing.
No.420470
Mister of the Twist
>>420469
Definitely works now.
No.420505
Anonymous
Blatant shitposters from 4chan have started moving to plusfour. As in regurgitating the exact same posts.
No.420506
Mstr Twistr
>>420505
See the good in this.
No.420509
Anonymous
Replies:>>420512
>>420505
For example? I did notice a few spambots posting irrelevant texts in random old threads, but those were just repeating a random line grabbed from the thread. I usually delete those posts.
No.420512
Anonymous
Replies:>>420513
>>420509
Most obvious is the random spammy foot fetish thread started on /co/ is identical to one started on prime /co/.
No.420513
Anonymous
>>420512
Just hide those threads? It's inevitable that there will be posts made that you don't agree with, but I'm not gonna start moderating stuff on the grounds of "I don't like it" (not unless it turns into mass spam).
No.420545
Anonymous
Replies:>>420548
Apparently someone got tired of the Sakura spammer on /aco/ and uploaded this: https://s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/aco/image/1592/42/1592429569095.jpg
No.420548
Anonymous
Replies:>>420552
>>420545
>Sakura spammer on /aco/

Did I miss something again, I can't even name a western series with a character called Sakura.
No.420552
Anonymous
Replies:>>420562
>>420548
It's some shitty toy brand robot called best friend Sakura or whatever.
No.420562
Anonymous
Replies:>>420565
save file
image:159260783460.jpg(91kB , 500x600 , d16ptu5-5a1619df-a760-4908-9c4c-29c9a39c0945.jpg)
>>420552
I looked it up, it's pretty cute actually. Reminds me of Drossel von Flugel or Scarlet Rain (both have very good Figma figures).
No.420565
Anonymous
Replies:>>420566
>>420562
sadly it's considering an anathema no thanks to the anon who keeps spamming for requests and starts arguments with who other anons who call them "vulture".
No.420566
Anonymous
Replies:>>420567
>>420565
I found that the best way to get something hated and immediately removed on sight on 4chan is to spam it obnoxiously, to the point that even people who legit like that topic will get banned for posting it. Seen it happen on /g/ before.
No.420567
Mstr Twistr
>>420566
Basically this
https://boards.plus4chan.org/baw/143370849000.png
No.420571
Anonymous
Replies:>>420572
no one in aco has told or even asked sakuraspammer to make a different request and the asshat who keeps calling "vulture" is making the situation worse as it lead to flamewars.
No.420572
Anonymous
>>420571
That's even better, a good flamewar is more entertaining than the shitty repost spam drawthreads on /aco/.