/mtv/ - Music, Television & Film

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 321 posts, 71 files (57 image(s), 7 audio(s), 7 video(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /mtv/47962 Close window
Options
Replies:>>417499
save file
image:149556155700.png(182kB , 600x314 , Roger Moore.png)
/mtv/ General: “Farewell, Roger Moore” Edition
Previous Thread: >>47158
No.47966
Anonymous
Man with the Golden Gun is still one of my top favorites. Along with Octopussy.
No.47970
Anonymous
So, what did you guys think of Alien Covenant?

The movie was pretty as hell, and had some very satisfying gruesome moments, this I can't deny. But damn, I left the theater with a hollow feelling of "been there, done that". As much as I criticize Prometheus at least that film didn't make me feel like that. I need to rewatch it to make a better judgment, but I think Prometheus even with all its lows is a better movie.

Also, two things:

I have no idea why David is doing all this weird freaky shit.

And, holy crap, the characters in the movie were DUMB.
No.47971
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=3I3y3_QmBsQyoutube thumb

So more rumors of the problems with the Star Trek Discovery show newest that its going to be facing some stiff competition form The Orville which looks to be playing the role of a Star Trek series better than Discovery.

http://trekmovie.com/2017/05/22/seth-macfarlane-the-orville-will-be-more-star-trek-than-futurama/

Also more evidence to those saying Abrams had to be dragged into doing Star Trek are full of shit.
No.47973
Anonymous
So I'm gonna get myself a Netflix subscription for a month to support Little Witch Academia, anything else absolutely neccessary to watch on there?
No.47974
Anonymous
DreamWorks Animation series are all pretty solid. Buddy Thunderstruck is decent fun. Series of Unfortunate Events is rather good along with Stranger Things.
No.47975
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47977
>>47973

I recommend “Voltron: Legendary Defender” and the new MST3K.
No.47976
Alpharius
>>47973
Knights of Sidonia and BLAME! if you haven't already watched them. And maybe The Witcher, but that is not out yet and is unkown if it will be good.
No.47977
Anonymous
Replies:>>47978
>>47975

While the host segments are kinda iffy the Mst3k revival is good. Guy doing Crow starts really finding his voice around episode 4.
No.47978
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47977

My main complaint lies with the reversed structure of the Invention Exchange segments compared to the original show. I would still call that a minor complaint, though.
No.47981
Anonymous
I think the between-movie segments are way better in the new show than they ever were in Joel's era (Mike kinda deemphasized them).
No.47982
Anonymous
Replies:>>47983
An actual budget does wonders for Joel physical effects focus.
No.47983
thatother1dude !!/PKS88+dMMc
>>47982
Those bits of Tom floating around in the theater and such are so dumb. I love them all.
No.47984
Anonymous
Replies:>>47985
I've only watched the first two episodes but my god Cry Wilderness is some, like, Space Mutiny/Santa Claus Conquers the Martians level stuff.
No.47985
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47984

“Cry Wilderness” is an instant classic.

…BANG
No.47997
Anonymous
>Netflix now doing a "That's so Raven" Revival.

Well okay. Netflix you keep shining on you crazy diamond.

Puts a notch in the idea that the Girl Meets World Showrunner may be pitching a continuation to them as well.

Oh and they are doing a Psych Christmas Special over on USA. Which could be a lead back into doing a continuation or spin-off.
save file
image:149682235900.jpg(164kB , 1920x1080 , mai musical instrumentfu.jpg)
Fucking beautiful:
//youtube.com/watch?v=9cRXOhqOFEMyoutube thumb
No.48006
Alpharius a go go
Replies:>>48007
Just saw Pirates 5. Not as shit as i thought it was gonna be. I kinda want to get it and 4 to put on my shelf now. I will keep my expectations low for Pirates 6 if that ever becomes a thing, and knowing current trends I it wouldn't surprise me.
No.48007
Mister Twister
>>48006
I'll watch it anyway. Everybody slammed 3, and I thought it was a good end.
No.48012
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48021
Adam West has passed away.
No.48021
Anonymous
>>48012
Yea dang shame to hear. Lotta people spent far too much time dumping on Batman '66 before coming to understand how great it was.
No.48039
Alpharius a go go
Replies:>>48040
I want to catch up on the Planet of the Apes prequels now. I had this expectation that the first movie would end with "And the Apes take over the world". Apparent they are playing a longer game.
No.48040
Anonymous
Replies:>>48041
>>48039
Seeing the Gorillas working with humans I hope there is a more advanced reason than "Humans bred them for that." And the Gorillas allied with them because they don't like the Chimps.

Be neat. Gorillas just don't care for Chimpanzees or other Primates yet somehow found some kinship with Humans.

Be a neat way for things to shake out in a retelling of things. Human/Gorilla society existing apart from the one that Cesar sets up.

But likely it won't. Free Gorillas from human masters blah blah blah.
No.48041
Anonymous
Replies:>>48042
>>48040
I agree, the plot of this movie that hasn't been released and we haven't watched yet surely sucks and is terrible.
No.48042
Anonymous
Replies:>>48043
>>48041

Not saying terrible just not expecting anything that differs from the standard oppression/rise stories.

Heck I don't even remember the film that came before this one.
No.48043
Anonymous
>>48042
First, pretty much all reviews seem to agree that this movie is actually the most character-oriented of the trilogy, and plenty mention that the apes working with the humans are there for a good plot reason. Apparently, they were Koba's followers who resent Caesar's rule, and voluntarily switched sides.

Second, Dawn was an excellent film. If you don't recall anything from it, it's clear you don't have an interest in the ongoing plot of the trilogy, so I am not sure why are we having this argument in the first place.
save file
image:149957966900.png(471kB , 853x480 , vlcsnap-2017-07-09-01h41m30s317.png)
Finally got around watching Firefly. Was afraid it would be corny; surprise, it wasn't.

Have a very awkward screenshot.
No.48063
Anonymous
Wow M.night, nice return to form on Split.
No.48066
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48069
Shit. George Romero passed away.
No.48067
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Martin Landau passed away, too.
No.48069
Anonymous
>>48066
Old people tend to.
No.48078
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
FUCK.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington committed suicide.
No.48080
Anonymous
>>48078
2017 taking a while to strike huh.
No.48083
Anonymous
>>48078
Someone needed to round off the Rule of Threes with George Romero and Martin Landau.
save file
image:150070503000.jpg(7kB , 275x183 , images.jpg)
Man, you know what people who love The Mist HATE? Monsters, it's so great that this series understands no one wants to see any monsters. Yup everyone is here for forgettable character drama complete with amnesia storylines. Soap opera drama with no monsters, THAT'S what The Mist should be!
Replies:>>48093
save file
image:150077653900.gif(1.02MB , 229x214 , sweet release.gif)
//youtube.com/watch?v=hC7IMj7WFyEyoutube thumb
Star Trek: Discovery premieres September 24th on... CBS All Access? The fuck is this paywall bs?
No.48093
Anonymous
Replies:>>48108
>>48092

CBS wants those digital bucks like all the others. But I really don't see the reason to pay months for the show and I doubt many others will either. Also rest of the world gets it on Netflix who knowing the Netflix releases they'll get all the episodes at once and it'll be spoiled right quick.

Not that it matters. Main Character is pretty much adopted by Sarek and is the most important person in the universe. Its the level of character writing I'm dreading will infect the New Doctor.
No.48108
Anonymous
>>48093
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-trek-discovery-lead-is-actually-spocks-adopted-sister

Straight up Spock now has an adopted human sister. Least in this universe.
No.48111
Anonymous
Replies:>>48112
All the more reason the Orville will be a better show.
No.48112
Anonymous
>>48111
//youtube.com/watch?v=tQcLLfzzKWAyoutube thumb

According to Midnight's Edge part of the fanbase has some to the same reasoning. In part because Seth MacFarlane seems to get the Roddenberry vision of the future more than this Kelvin offshoot series (as the video states all the prime timeline talk is just for show and the actual production will have nothing to do with TOS era stuff as its known)

Discovery = Dark and Gritty

The Orville = Bright and Optimistic

Honestly which one sounds more like Star Trek

And this tidbit

https://io9.gizmodo.com/apparently-you-cant-say-god-on-star-trek-1797301585https://io9.gizmodo.com/apparently-you-cant-say-god-on-star-trek-1797301585

No usage of god even in swearing. Though it seems that taking all faith out of the Federation is gonna seem rather odd when put against a group of Klingon who are very devout in faith. That's gonna be some uncomfortable parallels in its own right. The high minded federation that long ago "abandoned mysticism" vs the super religious Klingon.

Yea that's not gonna come off as heavy handed.

Also makes humanity the odd race out since pretty much everyone even Vulcan's still have some connection to deities.

Also since they have so much riding on retaining the license as the video title says they have another series in the back pocket if needed and that will go up on CW if Discovery fails (since CBS Direct will go with it, as I've thought was the case from the start)

That series will be "Prime" Timeline focused.
No.48114
Anonymous
Replies:>>48115
I'll believe a show by Seth mcFarlane and Brannon Braga will be worth the bits its printed on when I see it, and not a minute before.
No.48115
Anonymous
Replies:>>48116
>>48114
I mean to be fair, the new Cosmos was good, and Seth McFarlane was a major player in that.
No.48116
Anonymous
>>48115
ETA: Actually, looks like Brannon Braga was the director on that, too.
No.48117
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48118
Yeesh, that new “Death Wish” trailer may as well be a damned NRA ad.
No.48118
Anonymous
Replies:>>48119
>>48117
Fucking rock music? Embarrassing.

You know what Death Wish one and two understood? The psychotic frenzy and soul crushing weight of murder.

//youtube.com/watch?v=HLIDEVrJoiIyoutube thumb

Listen to this score, how it explodes into an off kilter beat.

Kersy throws up when he kills, who would
>Eli Roth

EW EW EW EW EW EW EW
No.48119
Anonymous
>>48118
And then in part 3, Kersey just murders everybody in sight.
No.48120
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48119

With the full permission and support of an NYPD lieutenant, no less.
No.48121
rasputin_zero !!e9Z+3lbULwW
>>48119
Shoots a black youngster in the back for nicking his groceries and everybody applauds.

That people clearly feel there's a massive market for this shit now is why we're living in the Worst Timeline.
No.48122
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48121

>there's a massive market for this shit now

There has always been a market for this. Hell, there is a latent strain of fascist thinking underneath the vast majority of cape flicks (and the very notion of superheroes themselves).
save file
image:150189631500.jpg(12kB , 400x301 , The_giggler.jpg)
>>48121
Okay you've got so much twisted there that I am shocked.

So lets try and breakdown all the ways in which you got it wrong.

A) You are talking about the Giggler who was based on a real serial killer.

B) The Giggler was a Latino man in the film.

C) He worked at the behest of Fraker who was a white man.

D) Kersey doesn't kill him for stealing his groceries, he kills him because he was the main thug enforcer who terrorized the neighborhood and killed at least two people, one being Charlie and the other an unnamed girl whose head rammed a switchblade into.

E) The "groceries" were a two hundred dollar camera in 1985 which Kersey used as a lure to get a clean shot as the Giggler was incredibly fast.

F) The people who cheered were predominately mixed in race with the woman who screamed out cheers and adulation being a black women so happy she didn't have to live in fear of him having been previously victimized.

G) Go fuck yourself for not even getting basic details of the film right, Death Wish 3 is dumb as fuck but it's not racist and doesn't need your bullshit misrepresentation comparing to this Eli Roth fucking sludge.

Is it really so fucking hard to watch a youtube clip?

//youtube.com/watch?v=1L2_jgZQRNYyoutube thumb
No.48124
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48125
>>48123

Also: Kersey was Asian-American himself, and his killings were not limited to people of one specific ethnicity. One could argue that he was working as an agent of a White power structure (the NYPD), but that would still ignore how his killings targeted people of multiple ethnicities, including the White leader of the gang terrorizing the neighborhood in which Kersey set up shop.
No.48125
Anonymous
>>48124
Though at the time the NYPD was a crippled entity. Pretty much not running after dark and nowhere near the manpower to serve the entire city.

Death Wish was pretty reflective of the time as that was when Vigilante Squads arose to protect the neighborhoods the cops had abandoned.

Been listening to the Last Podcast on the Left which does a lot of Serial Killer coverage. So that era comes up.
No.48126
Replies:>>48127
>>48123
Alright, fair enough, I was going by memory and the particulars slipped my mind.

Still, you gotta admit, the scene is kinda ridiculous.
No.48127
Anonymous
>>48126
Kinda? it's downright fucking surreal.
No.48134
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Puttin’ this here instead of the Marvel thread because fuck it, that’s why:

http://observer.com/2017/08/disney-netflix-marvel-streaming/

>There are four moves a streaming consumer might make once Disney’s service launches. In all four, consumer utility per dollar goes down. If consumers pay for two services, even one dollar more per month, that increases the price for the same amount of content. If they just subscribe to Disney, the consumer will get less content per dollar for that subscription, so the marginal price goes up even if the out-of-pocket cost decreases. If they just do Netflix, they get less content per dollar for the old price (and lose a premium provider), so the value of their Netflix subscription drops, though the out-of-pocket price doesn’t change. If they don’t do either, they’ll have more money in their pocket but lose the benefits (what economists call “utility”) of a streaming subscription, so they lose life enjoyment (which is its own kind of price). It’s lose-lose-lose-lose.
No.48135
Anonymous
Replies:>>48136
Though with Netflix I can see them expanding their field to create more content to fill the gaps.

Disney I don't see CREATING content for the digital platform as much as just having a place to PUT things. And as we've seen with Makers their age group they want to go after seems to be at odds with image projection. Flatly we won't see Punisher on the same service as Mickey Mouse. And that not even going into the "vault" and keeping some content away.
No.48136
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48135

The biggest issue here lies in just how far Disney—and CBS, and every other major broadcast and cable network—thinks people will go to keep up with all this content. Netflix was considered a huge value because, hey, hundreds of movies at your fingertips and no ads or censorship or physical media to worry about. (Side note: If you want guaranteed access to the media that matters most to you, buying your own content is the way to go. I still pick up the occasional Blu-ray.) That Netflix has original programming now is a bonus, just as it is for Hulu or Amazon Prime Video.

Disney could have made their service look much more alluring by keeping Disney content on Netflix. Families who occasionally watch Disney movies on Netflix can keep doing so, while families who use Netflix almost exclusively for Disney-style content could conceivably switch over to the Disney service and lose nothing of value. But Disney decided to make people explicitly choose between Netflix and Disney, and that is not going to end well for anyone in the long run.
No.48137
Anonymous
Replies:>>48141
CBS according to Midnights Edge and their industry sources has it all riding on Star Trek Discovery. A few executives don't like the expense of the show combined with no chance for advertising revenue.

That combined with Netflix putting a lot of money into the production and getting cut out of the largest market which has lead to rumors of possible legal action. If Star Trek Discovery isn't a hit from the start the CBS is said to be looking to scrap the whole project both Discovery as a larger show with a ending they filmed showing it to be a one off series anthology and the next series going on CW who happens to have a distribution deal with Netflix.

I can see Disney thinking they can do this with little problems as they are old hands at the premium channel concept. But they were at the forefront of things back then and a good square of their content is almost interchangeable with content from Nickelodeon who also have a sizable number of premium channels but have fallen out of favor with providers services for pretty much the same reason. They think they are the reason people want such services and greatly overvalued themselves which has crippled the Viacom viewership numbers across the board.

Because when it came down to doing without or paying inflated prices for content. People decided to just do without.
No.48141
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48137

Disney is one of only a handful of major media conglomerates that could pull off a “company-only” streaming service and make it work beyond the success of a single show or movie. It has an established brand, nearly a century’s worth of content, and the money to make it happen. I could actually believe that families would buy into “DisneyFlix” based on the notion that it is a “family-friendly” service. But that still does not change how “DisneyFlix” would ultimately be a bad move for both Disney and consumers.
No.48144
Anonymous
>>48141
Its the "family-friendly" thing that would really cramp it. Also I could see it being similar to how HBO Direct is treated. Sign up watch the show that you want and then unsubscribe. Reason HBO is putting out year round content like Sesame Street to keep parents on the app even after GoT or West World is over.
No.48146
Anonymous
Replies:>>48147
>>48141
>It has an established brand, nearly a century’s worth of content, and the money to make it happen.

Plus, between Star Wars, the Marvel movies, their live action remakes, and the recent string of highly successful in-house CGI movies, Disney has been obliterating the competion at the theaters for a while. That probably makes the execs confident enought that they can do the same in the streaming business.
No.48147
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48148
>>48146

That still gets into whether people will see enough value in subscribing to Disney’s service just for Marvel/“Star Wars” content. I can fathom a few megafans doing that, sure, but not enough to make it worth Disney’s while.
No.48148
Anonymous
Replies:>>48149
>>48147
I swear that was kinda they backed down on the Netflix takeover. Just not enough content to fill it out. But then that's the same problem they have going it at alone with a smaller distribution idea. Not enough content to be viable.

Its why CBS will fail and NBC/Universal back down from the plans after they acquired Dreamworks. Not enough content to be a viable revenue stream. Netflix was able to swing it because the streaming started off as a kinda bonus to their mail service. And so they were well settled with a subscriber base before they kicked into gear.

But starting from gear one with nothing. Its why they've given themselves till 2019. See how it pans out for the others.
No.48149
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48151
>>48148

Disney has enough content to be viable, especially if they put their entire film and television library online without the “vault” bullshit. But content alone will not save this venture if customers decide that they’d rather not pay another ten dollars per month just for Disney/Marvel/“Star Wars” content.
No.48151
Anonymous
Replies:>>48152
>>48149
The Vault will be a sticking point. They've built decades of using their Vault Cycle to boost revenue with scarcity. Someone is bound to choke when contemplating ending that nonsense.

Another note some of that content in HD and Blueray when it comes to their older movies is utter shit. Sword in the Stone being one of the worst remasters.

IF and its a HUGE "IF" that if they actually go back and put new versions from the original prints remasters as part of the service instead of those failures than maybe they'll have something worth looking into.
No.48152
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48151

The kind of people who would be placated by that kind of move would probably just wait for a new Blu-ray/4K release. While I could appreciate actual remasters going up on the service, I do not see that as a legitimate “selling point” for the average person.
No.48154
Anonymous
Replies:>>48158
I think one of the other things was Netflix being "in debt" which made Disney pull back. Though listening to Midnight's Edge followup on the Star Trek stuff which they reveal the new proposed show if Discovery falls is a Khan centered show. They also note that while Netflix has a lot of bills to pay they are also good money and always pay up.

So what the Hollywood Media touts as a "problem" isn't one really.
No.48158
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48154

And last I heard, the actual amount of the debt that Netflix owes was overblown.
No.48160
Anonymous
Replies:>>48161
Wouldn't doubt it. Lot of Hollywood don't like Netflix being Netflix. Even though about a decade ago they were looking into streaming movies as an alternative to theater releases since revenue was down before that new wave of blockbusters.
No.48161
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48160

Hollywood hates Netflix because Hollywood doesn't technically own Netflix. If one or more of the major studios had a ownership stake in Netflix, they would love the fuck out of it.
No.48162
Anonymous
Replies:>>48163
And to more happy things than just industry trying to come out of its death spiral.

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/6te87g/life_is_now_stef%C3%A1n_karl_stef%C3%A1nsson_lazytown_actor/

The internet really is magic.
No.48163
Anonymous
Replies:>>48164
>>48162
Uh, I don't understand. Stefan had pancreatic cancer, pretty much every source on his illness confirms it, but that reddit post says he is cured of liver cancer?
save file
image:150274506900.png(212kB , 504x602 , tumblr_ounbcavd0f1r1d24uo1_raw.png)
>>48163
No.48165
Mister Twister
Every modern trailer ever:
//youtube.com/watch?v=KAOdjqyG37Ayoutube thumb
Replies:>>48170
save file
video:150279749200.webm(1.35MB , 1280x720 , TISM - Save Our TISM Telethon Show 2003.webm)
Watched my first TISM concert (a recording; they essentially retired a decade ago) and it's everything I expected, just chaotic. An iconic part of the band is their use of bandanas (as well as other extravagant costumes) to conceal their identities at least two turned out to be high-school music teachers. However a couple of the band members just dive into the crowd and emerge in only underwear, with stage crew members dragging them back toward the stage and putting new bandanas on them (I think one random audience member just threw their own bandana onto the stage for the band members to use). It's almost like watching a piranha horror movie except with rock music and drunk yobbos. Half the footage from the 43 minute mark onward is damage control from the stage crew.

webm related: I believe the white-shirt who runs on stage is stage crew, TISM singer bloody drags him off the stage into the crowd
Replies:>>48171
save file
image:150279814500.jpg(77kB , 1280x720 , looks like a gimp.jpg)
>>48168
Ok, 20 minutes left and one (the singer) has already emerged from the crowd completely naked, and I'm guessing that he just tied a ripped shirt into a makeshift loin-cloth. The music is still going without issue though.
No.48171
Anonymous
>>48170
And I think they dragged a random guy from the audience and he's lead singing now. Yes, I found this article and it confirms. http://timchuma.com/writing/saveourtism.htm
save file
video:150279993900.webm(6.46MB , 1280x720 , TISM - Save Our TISM Telethon Show 2003 01.webm)
Sorry for spamming the thread, this will be my last post:

People are literally pegging coins at this guy. Do you know how much it hurts to get hit in the head with a metal projectile? This guy is doing a seriously impressive job.
No.48176
Anonymous
>xHamster has approached the sisters Wachowski about doing season 3 of Sense8

Weird.
No.48177
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48176

Well, it’s not the worst idea in the world. xHamster gets lots of visitors; has the infrastructure in place to handle demand; and hosts content that would never air on broadcast, cable, or even premium cable networks. The only differences between them and Netflix are how Netflix doesn’t host porn and how xHamster gives a damn about Sense8.
No.48178
Anonymous
>>48177
Though its the cost that I think could be a stumble. Its one of the reasons Netflix is said to have cut it. But hey its a interesting notion. Get more of their product out there.
save file
image:150314536500.jpg(43kB , 580x604 , Mika Wachowski.jpg)
>>48176
>>48177
>" [...] while Inverse wrote the Wachowskis would never take their show to a platform that uses pejoratives to refer to transgender people.

Off-topic, but shouldn't they be the Wachowska Sisters now?
No.48180
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48181
>>48179

Not unless they choose to identify that way. Until such time as they do, they are “the Wachowskis”.
No.48181
Anonymous
>>48179
>>48180
They were born in America, and generally Americans don't do the "different surnames depending on gender" thing even if their parents' culture would have done so.
No.48183
Anonymous
Replies:>>48184
Oh Jerry Lewis died.
No.48184
Alpharius a go go
Replies:>>48185
>>48183
News to me.
No.48185
Anonymous
>>48184

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/20/movies/jerry-lewis-dead-celebrated-comedian-and-filmmaker.html

Yea a few days ago.
No.48195
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48196
Raise your chainsaws to the sky. Tobe Hooper, director of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Poltergeist, has passed away at the age of 74.
No.48196
Anonymous
>>48195
We've had a few of the bigger more obscure names going the past few weeks.
No.48197
Anonymous
Don't waste your time on the Netflix Death Note movie. Not even as a so bad it's good film. It's fucking shit. Wait for someone to compile all the Ryuk scenes and that's it.
No.48198
Anonymous
Damn, I had no idea that Sonny Landham (Billy in Predator) had died two weeks ago.
save file
image:150439382900.png(287kB , 400x364 , rf worried soldiers.png)
>finally watched Firefly
>about to watch Serenity
>decide to see the trailer first
>do so
>quickly realize the movie might be a shortened AU version of the show (in other words, reboot)
>feel awful
>check Wikipedia
>says the film is really a sequel
Heart skipped a beat there.
save file
image:150440195600.png(342kB , 853x480 , contempt River.png)
Okay, watched Serenity. Could not have imagined it is possible to satisfyingly, and believably, conclude a cancelled TV show of high concept with a 2 hour movie, but by Jove Joss done it. Pretty much all major plot threads tied. The most important mysteries explained.

I have no complaints. Which is more than I can say about Samurai Jack season 5.
No.48218
Anonymous
Saw the Orville. Not bad had a lot of notes that felt like early TNG. Its got a base and now its just finding itself. If its allowed to continue past the first season I thing it could be something people have been looking for a long time.
Replies:>>48226
save file
image:150537228000.jpg(122kB , 945x1400 , 1505333492304.jpg)
Your new movie Hellboy.
save file
image:150537265600.jpg(161kB , 1200x907 , david_harbour_hellboy.jpg)
No.48226
Anonymous
>>48223
>>48224
Almost looks great, but what's up with that Right Hand of Doom? Looks cheap, like it was made of plastic.
No.48229
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Lionsgate has announced the theatrical release date for John Wick: Chapter 3: the 17th of May 2019, which is either just before or right at the start of the 2019 summer blockbuster season.

Hells yeah, motherfucker.
No.48230
Anonymous
>>48224
Hellboy uses so much makeup you can't really tell it's not Ron Perlmann under there anymore.
No.48232
Anonymous
Finally got to watch the new IT.

Was actually pretty decent, but damn, Pennywise is actually the least scary thing in the film. I didn't find Curry's Pennywise scary either, but at least he was fun to watch. The new Pennywise is played so ridiculously over the top, it was just silly. Plenty of good scares in the movie but none of them involve the clown, and worse, some are actually kinda ruined when he appears.
No.48233
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
https://twitter.com/jamieleecurtis/status/908760232016322560

So, this raises a few questions.
No.48234
Anonymous
Replies:>>48237
>>48233

I'm fine with it. Good Grief she's hot.
No.48237
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48234

No argument here—on either statement.
No.48238
Anonymous
Replies:>>48239
>>48233
>So, this raises a few questions.

Hopefully they are going to ignore everything made after part 2.
No.48239
Anonymous
Replies:>>48240
>>48238
Shamrock masks were all treated with a fire retardant chemical that had a similar effect as acid it was all a really trippy dream.
No.48240
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48239

>ignore everything made after part 2
No.48241
Anonymous
The Orville did great in the ratings for a sunday show and overall was one of the highest numbers that Fox has had this year.

Here's to tonight keeping some pace.
No.48242
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Bobby “The Brain” Heenan—arguably the greatest manager, and inarguably the greatest color commentator, in pro wrestling history—has passed away.

Fuck.
No.48243
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48244
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/09/18/eleventh-halloween-film-to-potentially-ignore-nine-other-sequels

Well, that is…uh…hmm.
No.48244
Anonymous
>>48243
Halloween 2 is decent but if they decide to ignore it, it's not a dealbreaker for me. Who knows, perhaps the new writer asked Carpenter how he'd do it if he actually cared for the sequel (instead of, you know, hastily writing "they are siblings" late at night to be done with it), and they came up with a cool new twist.
No.48249
Anonymous
Hope The Orville rebuilds some of its steam. Apparently the sudden change from Sunday to Thursday caused a drop. For me in part because I expected it to be NEXT Thursday to be the new air time not the Thursday after airing on Sunday. But its Fox the king od shit Episodes seem solid though "About a girl" seems to be making people twitchy.

Though in all its not that different a discussion than what has appeared in Star Trek shows before. Questions about species/race/gender and conformity.

This is still a great Star Trek show and folks that wanted this to be Family Guy in space. Well I feel bad for them. For having such horrendous taste.
No.48251
Anonymous
To be honest, I feel a bit twitchy about it as well, fully aware that this is hardly a new direction for Star Trek. I think it just comes down to the fact that it was a bit more transparent on its issues and today's ideological climate makes it a more touchy subject given, not the subject, but the sort of individuals that would get involved in the debatethese days.

It was still a decent episode, but it really still is a bit early to try to make statements as weighty as that episode wanted to.
No.48253
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48256
Hollywood is remaking the anime film Your Name.

God, I hate Hollywood.
No.48256
Anonymous
>>48253

And they are so confused about wording nowadays.

https://deadline.com/2017/09/kung-fu-female-tv-series-fox-greg-berlanti-wendy-mericle-put-pilot-1202178645/

"Reboot"

Yet ID as a Sequel to Kung Fu set in the 1950s.

Its a continuation with another Monk. A woman looking for her stolen baby. Which honestly does feel kinda weird.
save file
image:150691082100.png(78kB , 224x224 , mpv-shot0493 (2) - Copy.png)
>watch one of the first gaming stream I've ever seen
>person has taken half an hour, and is still going, on a pretty simple level
I wish I could just grab the controller from his country and win the level for him.
No.48264
Anonymous
Replies:>>48265
>>48263
update: and he rage quitted
No.48265
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48272
>>48263
>>48264

Let me guess: Cuphead?
No.48266
Anonymous
Replies:>>48272
>>48263
I'm assuming this was either happening on a television channel or you posted on the wrong board and /cog/ is that-away.
No.48267
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48268
Tom Petty has passed away.
Replies:>>48269
save file
image:150698300500.jpg(87kB , 800x601 , Hell.jpg)
>>48267
//youtube.com/watch?v=nvlTJrNJ5lAyoutube thumb

Time for you to kick the Devil's ass Tom!
No.48269
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48268

NOT SO FAST

Initial reports of Petty’s death have since been retracted. The most anyone knows for sure at this point is that Petty is at least hospitalized.
No.48270
Anonymous
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/tom-petty-dead-dies-death-latest-cause-age-life-career-music-heartbreakers-a7979696.html
He's dead for sure now. RIP
No.48272
Anonymous
>>48266
My bad, forgot the v in /mtv/ wasn't for vidya

>>48265
Nah, happened to be some 500 sub youtuber playing Crash Bandicoot TWoC, second boss
No.48275
Mister Twister
New Marilyn Manson album sounds SUPER SWEET. If I was following him, definitely would buy.
No.48276
Anonymous
>watch part of sci-fi film (Elysium)
>programmer has code on screen
>it's actual Assembly code, compiles showing warning and error count, the whole h4xX0r stuff is passable
Holy shit. Like, you know when they have a blackboard full of maths? Now I know how a mathematician feels when they put a proper formula and not just pythag, quadratic formula or mass-energy equivalence. Or how a guitarist feels when they play real tabs instead of just strumming.
No.48289
Anonymous
Orville is being a really awesome Star Trek continuation. Easily believable to exist after Voyager.

Seth earnestly wants to be a good Captain portrayal and helps things immensely.

//youtube.com/watch?v=nMan7Ocuhucyoutube thumb

He's wanted it for a long time.

//youtube.com/watch?v=ABUzgAvubYgyoutube thumb
No.48291
Alpharius a go go
Replies:>>48292
I need to rewatch the new Blade Runner. I might like it better than the original. I do find it interesting how a prevalent theme in sequels to older franchises have a father/offspring dynamic in a bunch of them.
No.48292
Anonymous
>>48291
The main character is better in the new movie, that's for sure.
No.48296
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48295

…yeah, good point on moving it here.

As for MacFarlane and those who made jokes about Weinstein years ago: It is possible that they heard rumors and such without knowing what Weinstein had done. That said, even they should have spoken up a hell of a lot earlier or spoken a hell of a lot louder than an off-color joke.
No.48297
Anonymous
>>48296
Problem is and has been the same problem for decades. You may be an actor but they are the executives with the lawyers that will destroy you or in some as its coming out take you down with them as part of the whole seedy business. And then we've got the quotes for the likes of those that make their living interviewing like Barbra Walters who didn't want to go down that path because it would bring all of Hollywood down to know what some of their A-list talent does to the less known.

For those that are especially young like Cory Haim and his abusers and Singer and his whole cadre. They get fed the stories of "I'll make you a star" and "Its just the way things work." Or just beat you down enough where life isn't life anymore.

As for Seth word is his Co-star on Ted confided in him and that his barbs came from a very angry place.

Another of Hollywood's vile open secrets that none of them wanted to get out there.
No.48298
Anonymous
>>48296
For McFarlane it wasn't just a rumor, a friend of his told him about a bad experience she had with Weinsten.
No.48299
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48300
For whatever this is worth: The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted to expel Harvey Weinstein.

And yes, they have not yet expelled convicted sex offender Roman Polanski or similarly-accused sexual predators Bill Cosby and Woody Allen. One step at a time, here.
No.48300
Anonymous
Replies:>>48301
>>48299
Either that or they'll hold the expulsion of Weinstein as being "enough".

Because this shit encompasses a whole hell lot of A-list talent going back decades. They want to shut this down before all of Hollywood burns.

Cory and Elijah need to light that match.
No.48301
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48300

>Either that or they'll hold the expulsion of Weinstein as being "enough".

Their public statement on the expulsion suggests otherwise, but thoughts < words < actions.
No.48304
Replies:>>48306
>>48297
We went through a similar experience when Jimmy Saville's crimes came to light after he died. There was a sense that him being a creepy old sod was an open secret in many corners of the British entertainment industry (quiz shows would make jokes about it) but nobody dared voice them out loud while he was still alive. He was a major philanthropist and a "national treasure," which made him virtually untouchable.
No.48306
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48311
>>48304

Weinstein probably went down like he did because he was no such “national treasure”. He was powerful, yes, but he was not a creator—actor, director, playwright, what have you. We have proof of Polanski’s skill as a director, so we as a society overlook his indiscretion (read: his statutory rape of an underage girl and subsequent conviction for that crime). We have nothing to give us a similar connection with Weinstein; he fell faster and harder because he lacked that cultural “buffer”.
save file
image:150915456300.png(123kB , 240x319 , Sir Goldman does not know how to feel.png)
>decided to watch Vikings
>MC looks like slightly more badass Pewdiepie
Replies:>>48312
save file
image:150917506600.jpg(39kB , 656x272 , jesus, this is a nice limo.jpg)
>>48297
>You may be an actor but they are the executives with the lawyers that will destroy you
Maybe I just don't get it, but if you have proof, or you and a bunch of other people collectively testify that they got sexually abused, I don't think their lawyers can do shit to destroy your career, so long as you are fine working for other companies from then on.

>>48306
Definitely. People appreciate creators more than (I think these are the right words) managers and bureaucrats. I think people will more readily see a bureaucrat as abusing their power than an artist. Of course that probably isn't the case, but I think there's more of a cultural acceptance that a boss can use his (or their, kinda maybe) position to sexually exploit their employees. On the other hand, an artist will have fans, so it's easier to believe the act is acceptable for the victim.
No.48312
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48313
>>48311

Well, that is mostly the case, but think of it this way: Johnny Depp could be the world's biggest asshole and lots of people would still love him specifically because he was Jack Sparrow.
No.48313
Anonymous
>>48312
Oh yeah, that too.
No.48314
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Ahahaha, the people behind Jigsaw found the worst goddamn way to shoehorn Tobin Bell back into the franchise for at least that one film.
No.48316
Anonymous
Damn, Kevin Spacey...

Also, his response to the accusation basically being "sorry I don't remember being a pedophilic pervert to you, was too drunk, also BTW i am gay"... yesssl, blatantly using the gay community as a shield, what an asshole.
No.48317
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48318
>>48316

By making that statement, he not only made this situation all about himself, he enabled every anti-queer asshole who conflates homosexuality with pedophilia to point at him and yell “I was right”. The media will help him with that, too—because they are bound to make this story more about “Spacey came out” than about “Spacey allegedly sexually assaulted a 14-year-old”.
No.48318
Anonymous
>>48317
Yeah, that response was meticulously worded to minimize the "14 year old" part and just make it a gay thing, I doubt Spacey himself wrote any of it, it's the product of a team of lawyers and advisors.
Replies:>>48320
save file
image:150939586700.jpg(82kB , 448x448 , [yet another cartoon character with the catchphrase 'sigh'].jpg)
>>48316
>>48318
>Yeah, that response was meticulously worded to minimize the "14 year old" part and just make it a gay thing, I doubt Spacey himself wrote any of it, it's the product of a team of lawyers and advisors.
Absolutely. I just read it, and it's exactly how one might accept them to handle it.
>apologise but say it wasn't your fault and might have never happened anyway
>divert attention with BREAKING GOSSIP I'M HOMOSEXUAL
How about instead of coming out as gay, come out as a hebephile.
No.48320
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48322
>>48318
>>48319

Also an issue: He framed his coming out as “choosing” to live as a gay man, thus also emboldening all the assholes who think sexual orientation can be “chosen”. He threw every other gay person under the bus for his own sake. But at least he cannot enjoy that “win”—House of Cards got shitcanned by Netflix.
No.48321
Anonymous
Goddamn, I had no idea Neil DeGrasse had been accused recently or rape. What the hell.
No.48322
Anonymous
This current wave of accusations is bittersweet (although I thoroughly support it): unfortunately I believe it may encourage false accusations, which if found will injure the cases of actual victims (hell, someone might be smart enough to fake a false accusation to discredit their victims), and if more accusations come out, it will make a lot of people disappointed in Hollywood persons we respected.

>>48320
Yes, a few mainstream news outlets seem to be emphasising that, which is good to see.

>>48321
Neither did I.
No.48323
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48329
>>48322

>if more accusations come out, it will make a lot of people disappointed in Hollywood persons we respected

That aspect of this entire shitpile of a situation matters the least and you know it.
No.48325
Anonymous
Replies:>>48326
Brett Ratner too has been accused of sexual harrasment.
No.48326
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48325

Again?
No.48327
Anonymous
Replies:>>48328
Add Dustin Hoffman to he list.
No.48328
Anonymous
>>48327
Oh for fucks sake, I liked one of his movies.
No.48329
Anonymous
Replies:>>48331
>>48323
And you know I know it. It still sucks to find out your hero sexually harasses people.

(well no-one in Hollywood is my hero, but it's certainly the case for other people)
No.48330
thatother1dude !!/PKS88+dMMc
Replies:>>48332
>>48321
Source?

>>48322
>someone might be smart enough to fake a false accusation to discredit their victims
That doesn't seem likely. A baseless accusation would be passed over by every news media with anything resembling credibility (or concern with lawsuits), languishing so far in obscurity that the faker bringing it up would be suspicious. Setting up false evidence/witnesses that could later be disproved would be absurdly impractical.
No.48331
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48329

>It still sucks to find out your hero sexually harasses people.

When you put someone on a pedastal, their fall will hurt both them and you.
No.48332
Anonymous
>>48330
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredcows/2017/10/neil-degrasse-tyson-accused-of-rape/
This one?
No.48333
Mister Twister
Better than the crap on (burgerland) radio
//youtube.com/watch?v=BcBAIl_tSnMyoutube thumb
No.48334
TeethandHunger
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-1202606519/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-rumored-lord-of-the-rings-tv-show-could-be-ver/1100-6454684/

https://qz.com/1121335/amazon-dear-jeff-bezos-the-lord-of-the-rings-is-not-game-of-thrones/

Welp, time to slaughter Lord of The Rings story and turn it into a Game of Thrones clone. Like what CW did to Riverdale.
I hope it doesn't happen, but well.....
No.48335
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48334

I know the films—even the extended editions—did not get to everything that was in the books. But do we really need to make another, longer adaptation when we have those fucking amazing films?
No.48336
Anonymous
>>48334
I wouldn't mind a Silmarillion series but hasn't that franchise gone through enough abuse after the Hobbit trilogy and Shadow of Mordor?
Replies:>>48339
save file
image:151002694700.jpg(8kB , 159x219 , 1388903324206.jpg)
I'm finally getting around to my massive Star Trek franchise marathon/rewatch. TOS has so much charm to it, I am having a lot of fun.

Anybody watching Discovery? I hear it's either a dumpster fire or the least Trek-like Trek series ever.
No.48339
Anonymous
>>48337
It is a dumpster fire. Watch to see for yourself.
No.48340
Anonymous
Replies:>>48341
Related news The Orville got Greenlit for Season 2.

Hopefully any merger that happens if any won't end in its demise.
No.48341
Anonymous
>>48340
That is a better version of Star Trek.
No.48344
Anonymous
It's crazy how much the STD apologists are going crazy over people leaving the show to languish.
No.48347
Anonymous
>>48344

it was a poor move to make it CBS Digital in the USA and whatever Canada has and then Netflix everywhere else. Netflix money being the key reason its getting that Season 2.

Overall I've heard Discovery's biggest stumble is that the cast just isn't that likeable.
Replies:>>48349
save file
image:151008765900.jpg(17kB , 425x284 , PSP squirrel.jpg)
>>48344
>STD
No.48349
Anonymous
>>48348
Only after which they realized that folly did they try to get to just call it Discovery.
No.48353
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Dark Universe—an attempt by Universal Pictures to create a shared cinematic universe out of films featuring all the classic horror film monsters—has been shelved. Blame most likely goes to the dismal performance of “The Mummy”, which was the second of the Dark Universe films. (I say “second” because Universal tried to kickstart their shared universe before with “Dracula Untold”.)
No.48354
Alpharius a go-go
Replies:>>48356
>>48353
Good ridence.
No.48356
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48354

In fairness, the base idea of the Dark Universe—a bunch of horror/action films with connective narrative tissue working up to what would essentially be “Monster Squad for adults”—could have worked. Universal needed to make good movies for it first, though.
No.48357
Anonymous
Replies:>>48358
>>48353
It was a bad and confusing idea. Tom Cruise gets mummy powers or something and Jekyll/Hyde is the leader.

Last part could work fine it was just the execution of the first part and needing for the Mummy Powers that messed things up.
No.48358
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48359
>>48357

On the bright side, we got The Mummy Demastered out of that shitpile of a film.
No.48359
Anonymous
Replies:>>48360
>>48358
I love Wayforward but Mummy Demastered wasn't really that great, I dunno, 6.5 out of ten I felt.
No.48360
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48359

Still better than the movie.
No.48361
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48363
And the next shoe to drop as a result of the Weinstein Effect: Louis C.K.
No.48362
Alpharius a go-go
http://www.slashfilm.com/guillermo-del-toro-pinocchio-not-happening/
Goddamnit!
save file
image:151026628600.jpg(20kB , 257x92 , mpv-shot0001.jpg)
>>48361
Should have seen it coming, but still a shame.
No.48364
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Wow. Instead of doing some lame-ass “if I did these things, [excuse]” bit or denying the accusations altogether, Louis C.K. admitted that the accusations against him are true.

He is still a gigantic piece of shit for what he did, though.
save file
image:151037268600.jpg(156kB , 967x544 , mpv-shot0001.jpg)
>>48364
>Louis C.K. admitted that the accusations against him are true
He did? You're right, still a piece of shit, but at least he isn't lying.
No.48366
Anonymous
Replies:>>48368
Fucking hell, George Takei is one of the accused now? What the fuck man.
No.48367
Anonymous
Replies:>>48368
>>48364
Louis CK show was super honest to his life, one of the episodes is literally about him trying to rape a close friend of his. He's always been honest about being fucking wretched and his struggles to deal with it....

I think he's going to be the person this comes down to, what to we really do with flawed people? Not the ultra power and evil, but the flawed and mistaking humans who fucked up super hard? Jail time? Sure but that's not making them any less flawed, only more toxic.
No.48368
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48369
>>48367

>what to we really do with flawed people? Not the ultra power and evil, but the flawed and mistaking humans who fucked up super hard?

We treat them as we would the “evil”. We should not make exceptions for “flawed“ people if they are of sound mind and know the difference between right and wrong—both of which apply to Louis C.K. His honesty does not, nor should it, make his actions any less reprehensible. To wit:

>>48366

I have not yet read about the allegations of his behavior, but if they seem credible—and remember, the court of public opinion has a much lower standard than a court of law—his acting and activist careers should both come to an end.
Replies:>>48370
save file
image:151044820000.png(12kB , 450x388 , lord murderskull.png)
>>48368
>activist
Why should that come to an end? I do not know about it but it doesn't seem profitable.
No.48370
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48371
>>48369

If a sexual consent activist group employed Louis C.K., would you take it seriously?
No.48371
Anonymous
Replies:>>48372
>>48370
No, but I don't think that's a fair comparison. That would be a hypocritical (assuming you meant pro-consent) cause since his crime was due to a lack of consent.

If Louis C.K. campaigned for gay rights and anti-xenophobia I would take him as seriously as any other celebrity who did it. People who do bad things can also do good things. It doesn't make up for the bad things, but it also doesn't invalidate their good deeds. Invalidating a person's charitable actions by one aspect of their personality isn't something I can support.

If a Nazi acts like a good Samaritan to a random stranger, that should not be rejected just because they are an ultranationalist. It's easy to treat life like a Hollywood film or comic with "good guys" and "bad guys", but it's not really like that.
No.48372
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48371

Bad people can do good things—this, I do not dispute. But their doing good things does not make them good people if they keep doing the bad things.
No.48383
Anonymous
Replies:>>48384
AC/DC's Malcom Young passed away. RIP
No.48384
Anonymous
>>48383
Well, he died young.
No.48395
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=ZbDnQVtVraEyoutube thumb
I just want to share this fucking JAM with you all before plus4 gets nuked.
No.48410
Mister Twister
Just fucking listen
https://soundcloud.com/leila-wilson-woofle/never-stay-the-same-later-wip/
No.48425
Anonymous
I Want it I need it (Death Heated) is basically what all the "Yo I Go to tha Club and Fuck Bitches Grindin' on Me" [c]rap radio tracks should be jealous of.
save file
image:152301482200.png(825bytes , 146x20 , a very influential band.png)
lmao
//youtube.com/watch?v=YVrSzUUSTk4youtube thumb
So anyone knows if there is a torrent or download of Brad's Jesus Bro somewhere? I have looked for ages and did not find anything...
save file
image:152401278500.jpg(66kB , 630x429 , shin-sang-ok-with-his-wife-choi-eun-hee1.jpg)
Choi Eun-hee died. She was a South Korean actress who along with her (at the time) ex-husband was kidnapped by North Korea to make films for Kim Jong-il in the 80s. It's a wild story, not just because it seriously sounds like a meta-film plot itself.

RIP.
save file
image:152829064200.jpg(113kB , 784x720 , mpv-shot0004.jpg)
>the best part of the album is the cover art
save file
image:153053013300.jpg(9kB , 280x270 , Australia-the-lucky-cunt.jpg)
I think this is the most serious TISM interview in existence.
TISM - Music Jamboree - Humph Interview - Censorship of Australia The Lucky Cunt coveryoutube thumb
save file
image:154305420000.png(440kB , 768x432 , vlcsnap-2018-11-24-04h55m31s128.png)
1995's TV movie Tyson...... is a good movie.
No.417291
Anonymous
Replies:>>417292
So, people are still making demos and music for the Commodore 64
MULTISTYLE LABS 2018 MELLOWHOUSE (C64)youtube thumb
No.417292
Anonymous
>>417291
That does not surprise me at the least. A few years back someone even ported Prince of Persia to the C64, extremely faithfully too.

However as far as C64 demos go, I don't think anything will ever top Edge of Disgrace for me. Hard to believe it turned 10 years old this year.
Booze Design - Edge of Disgrace | C64 demo, Full HD 50 fps, Real SIDyoutube thumb
It's not just the effects themselves which are impressive... well, you hardly see new effects on the C64 nowadays, and once you saw the plasma effect or the text scroller for the tenth time it becomes boring. But, here, everything is animated in a way so there are transitions. Most demos just show one effect, then switch to the next, etc. On Edge of Disgrace, you have small effects dedicated to the transition between each effect.

I mean it's such a subtle little detail, but it's impressive as shit.
No.417318
Anonymous
Quiet Place is a stupid horror movie, almost as bad as Signs.
No.417319
Master Twaster
No, I am not a Buffy phan (at least not now). I only watched a few episodes 10,000 years ago. But this was still enjoyable to watch, even though it made me angry:
The Great Tragedy of the Buffy HD Remasteryoutube thumb
No.417322
Anonymous
Are you down with the gangstas?

https://twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1123207343322222599
No.417323
Muster Twuster
Replies:>>417324
>>417322
Terrible music choice, nothing wrong about the Sonic design. See, the thing with Sonic, the original one is..... not good looking. You can only do so much without changing too much. Fucking monoeye, man.......
Replies:>>417325
save file
image:155671912063.jpg(97kB , 698x799 , D5ajaJoWkAIoPl8.jpg)
>>417323
No.417325
Muster Twuster
>>417324
I will not even attempt to decipher your point there.
Replies:>>417327
save file
image:155674007660.jpg(119kB , 1125x1228 , o3hzwfufnlv21.jpg)
No.417327
Muster Twuster
>>417326
Both are terrible, and that's sad.
save file
image:155679600244.jpg(60kB , 1125x613 , D5cVFn3XkAAaRs4.jpg)
No.417329
Muster Twuster
>>417328
Well, akshually...... it's gravity.
save file
image:155709102184.jpg(52kB , 750x762 , 3t4azl21mdw21.jpg)
No.417332
Anonymous
>>417328
>faster than light
>"sonic"
they had one job
No.417333
Anonymous
Replies:>>417334
Detective Pikachu was good. Watch it if you can in the big screen.
No.417334
Anonymous
>>417333
Really? I assumed it would be Emoji Movie-tier just because of what it is.
That's good news.
No.417339
Meester Tweester
Have some music from the famous Shadilay singer, this time written by him:
//youtube.com/watch?v=hVjmAoAKYXUyoutube thumb
No.417342
Anonymous
Scatman John, Lou Bega – Scatman & Hatman (Official Music Video)youtube thumb

- apparently, Lou Bega is still around (he was a one hit wonder from the 90s with Mambo No. 5)
- and he is still making music
- and it's a dubstep remix of a Scatman song, of all things.

I liked Mambo No. 5, but this is atrocious.
save file
image:156273278796.jpg(38kB , 350x500 , 51SiToINVyL__RI_.jpg)
Watched this one today, because the title reminded me of one of my favourite Iron Maiden songs. Turns out, the song was actually based on this movie.

It's a great flick, although a bit basic. It only goes in one direction, no plot twists or anything (other than revealing some facts about the main character which are already obvious by that point). I expected the ending a little bit, but that's only because I like the idea of characters getting redemptions, even if it's not much of a one and perhaps more like he was trying to keep himself out of jail.
No.417346
Mustur Twustur
The trailer for the definitely superior version of His Dark Materials has dropped:
His Dark Materials | THE EXTENDED TRAILER - BBCyoutube thumb
save file
image:156401772029.jpg(46kB , 620x413 , tears in the rain.jpg)
Rutger Hauer, age 75, died today. Gone, like tears in the rain.
Blade Runner - Final scene, "Tears in Rain" Monologue (HD)youtube thumb
No.417350
Anonymous
Watching the TV Series they made out of The Boys.
The way he's dressed up, I always mistake Karl Urban for Brad Pitt with a hair dye. I'm only up to the first ep, the story has a lot of changes, and makes some of the characters reasonings a bit different. Like, in the comic, Hughie was an emotional wreck who just wanted his girlfriend to be alive again, and Butcher actively coached him into the job, even if it was only revealed years later that he was doing so. The TV series makes doesn't really give the same emotion to Hughie in this regard.
They do not downplay the hedonism of the heroes though, but they don't show so much probably to keep the ratings down (the scene with Annie isn't that hardcore, I mean, they don't have three guys in there...). Homelander is presented a bit different too.

It's a shame that Hughie and Butcher don't look closer to their comic versions, but they did give a shout-out to him being a likeness of Simon Pegg, by making Pegg have a cameo as Hughie's dad (and yeah, he isn't the same character as in the comic).

Well, the spirit of the series is still there, even if the setting is a bit different. I'm gonna watch the rest, let's hope it's okay. I hate how they always have to change shit around for TV or Movie, even when a series would work as-is in that setting. With that kept in mind, it's not bad, as far as the first ep I watched so far.
No.417351
Anonymous
Replies:>>417352
>>417350
Also, props to whoever picked the music. Great selections so far. Clash, Iggy Pop... good shit.
Playing "London Calling" when Butcher goes medieval is probably a nod to his London origins in the comic too.

Oh! and he speaks just like in the comic. Same argot and all. That one brightened up my day, cause I really liked how he talked.
No.417352
Anonymous
>>417351
>>417350
After watching the rest of the season, I'm highly disappointed. Too many characters and storylines were cut, while the ones that stayed have dramatically different timing. Except for Starlight, nearly every characters is worse in the TV series than in the comics. The violence and gore is severly toned down, after the first two or so episodes there's few mentions of the supes deviances either.

The Boys team itself comes off as a bunch of nobodies without a reason to go along with this beyond owing something to Butcher. Butcher himself is just an asshole, not the manipulative bastard. Hughie is practically carrying the team on his own. The rest of the team are practically ineffective, and they don't even have company backing because Butcher is an impatient asshole. They are just a couple of rogues.
Frenchie and Female are alright, although Frenchie is less insane and Female is much less inhuman. Mothers Milk is a random nigga with a normal wife and a normal daughter.

For the supes, The Deep and A-Team are totally different and Deep in particular is so much worse. Jack from Jupiter is replaced with a different martian manhunter expy, a guy who can turn invincible as well as invisible (favourite occupation: jerking it off in womens bathrooms).
Stillwell is just some random company chick, not the Ultimate CEO from the comics.
Homelander is great though, steals the show whenever he appears. Maeve is okay, but nowhere near the broken mess she was in the comics.

Moreover, while the comic slowly steps up the game by going after smaller supes first, and then building it up to the more dangerous teams, the TV series goes after the Seven immediately. Butchers reasoning is particularly weaker, in the comic something truly horrible happened to him, in the TV series he basically got cucked by Homelander and that's all.

There's no Terror, Legend, Love Sausage. Terror has a half second cameo in a flashback.
On the upside, they managed to bring over a lot of the mannerisms for the characters they didn't change.

Also, they name dropped the artists of the book, Robertson and McCrea, as two senators. Had to rewind that part to make sure I heard it right, haha.
No.417353
Anonymous
I mean the comic itself is shit, really is just pointless edgy garbage from that wanker Ennis who has a hateboner for all heroes except Superman.
No.417354
Anonymous
Matrix 4 has been announced, directed by the Wachowski sisters, starring Keanu Reeves as Trinity and Carrie-Anne Moss as Neo.
No.417355
Anonymous
Replies:>>417356
>>417354
Which parts of this post are a joke.
No.417356
Anonymous
>>417355
>Which parts of this post are a joke.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/
No.417357
Anonymous
A new Matrix will feel odd with Reeves and Moss but no Fishburne, especially considering that Morpheus is the one who was alive at the end of the story. Of course, there is that rumor that Morpheus is in the movie but will be played by a younger actor, and I have no idea what the hell is going on any more.

>>417354
>directed by the Wachowski sisters
Only Lana is directing, Lily is busy with another project.
No.417358
Anonymous
Replies:>>417359
The Matrix should have just been a single film, it got worse with each following movie.

This sequel sounds like its beyond unnecessary.
No.417359
Mistir Twistir
>>417358
Even then, I would rewrite the first one a little.
No.417360
Anonymous
>>417353
Well to be fair, when you take a step back, modern superheroes are pretty ridiculous in concept and much more so in execution. It becames doubly ridiculous when people try writing them "seriously" or when you have the 90s grimdark bullshit. About the only exemptions are the classic pulp heroes, and Superman (and he is an exemption not because of his superpowers but because he is a genuinely good person).

The real parody in The Boys aren't the superheroes though, but the media machine behind them. That's what the series satirizes: the comic book industry itself, not the superheroes. But this is lost on most people because they just think it's all edgy bullshit drivel. Like the annual company-wide crossovers being just an excuse to have an orgy.

Of course you can just watch it as "lol superheroes r bad" and you'll get your fill of satisfaction, but there was an actual narrative beyond all of that.
save file
video:157114757397.webm(15.87MB , 1422x800 , the_epic_of_gilgamesh_in_sumerian_peter_pringle 800p VP9 crf27.webm)
From https://www.youtubepp.com/watch?v=QUcTsFe1PVs - better VP9 encoding to supplement 4chan /wsg/ folk music thread
No.417370
Anonymous
>>417353
>who has a hateboner for all heroes except Superman.
I don't get it. Superman is one of the worst major superheroes in my naive opinion. He's donut steel as fuck. Is this an unpopular opinion? (t. I don't read super comics)
>he has all these powers like flying and super senses and super speed and x-ray vision and hypnotism and laser eyes and bullets don't hurt him and ......... !
>but he has one random weakness!
Replies:>>417372
save file
audio:157318744774.mp3(2.99MB / 03:11s / 128kbps , 44.1kHz / GODZILLA.mp3)
This movie was stupid, but god damn the soundtrack was worthy of the King.
No.417372
Mester Twester
Replies:>>417373
>>417371
That sounds like the obligatory credits song, not exactly the soundtrack. Just being technical here. Unless the song is used in the movie, in which case I am super wrong.

10/10 song regardless.
No.417373
Anonymous
>>417372
>That sounds like the obligatory credits song

On the actual soundtrack album, it is the first song.
In the movie, it does kick on when the credits start - note however that the main title itself is the last scene of the movie, and the credits start with various post-movie scenes news flashes, so not just your standard credit roll but more like a post-movie scene. Once the song ends, then the actual boring credit roll starts.

By the way, it's a remix of the Blue Oyster Cult original Godzilla song from 1977. That version is more hard rock but also great.
Replies:>>417378
save file
image:157378277429.jpg(67kB , 600x450 , power rangers apocalypse.jpg)
Watched X-Men Apocalypse. "Apocalypse" is an apt title; covers much of the quality of this movie.
It's MOSTLY all right, until around the middle of the movie, where it just gets idiotic. The action scenes are poorly done, disjointed, and they end up looking childish and cheap with fancy CGI doing what it can to cover that up. Apocalypse just doesn't feel like a threat, all he wants is get Prof X (ok, this is a threat in itself). But when it comes to big fights, he does nothing at all! Throughout the movie, they set him up as a godlike thing who can turn people into dust with a thought, and handwave an entire city away and raise a giant pyramid in its place. But he doesn't actually do much fighting beyond some mental imagery, and putting Quicksilver in his place. Otherwise he just sits in a force field while everyone is lasering him nonstop. The story uses several deus ex machinas to stop him, some characters get a heel turn for no reason whatsoever, and the fact that they just fucked up the entire world gets hand waved away with no consequences implied or otherwise.

It's a cgi bullshit movie and just doesn't feel heroic in any way. I'm not sure if it's even meant to be, in fact I'm not sure whatever it is supposed to be. The previous X-men movies at least had a plot and so, this one is... 1. evil guy shows up, 2. evil guy does evil shit, 3. evil guy jobs and loses to the heroes. Yawn.
No.417377
Mester Twester
Going to promote musicians I like:
https://anarchyclub.com/2019/11/18/new-music-new-news/
No.417378
Anonymous
>>417376
>Apocalypse just doesn't feel like a threat
Apocalypse is a major jobber in the comics so this seems apt
No.417379
Anonymous
Sunshine (2007)
poor mans Event Horizon, with some astronomical plot holes in the end. The concept was cool, though. 6/10.
No.417383
Anonymous
Replies:>>417384
So it seems like the last of the nu star wars trilogy is also bad.

Whouldathunkit.
No.417384
Anonymous
Replies:>>417385
>>417383
And it'll still hit over a billion, mark my words.
No.417385
Mister Twister
>>417384
As our Lord and Savior, Razorfist, said: "It's Star Wars. You can sell cereal boxes filled with nothing but used hypodermic needles, slap the Star Wars label on it, and you will run out of boxes before you run out of customers."
save file
image:157676657974.gif(3MB , 436x303 , 1359821799712.gif)
The best thing to come out of Star Wars was the Kinect dancing game.
save file
image:157680313431.png(580kB , 509x595 , rf happy Nome King.png)
>>417387
>fuck George and his bad writing
>Disney will make Star Wars great again!
>oh my God, it's just like the Original Trilogy™! Star Wars is saved!
No.417390
Anonymous
Replies:>>417391
Man, one has to wonder why Sheev still sticks with the force lighting, in all three trilogies it ends up failing him.
No.417391
Mister Twister
>>417390
Same reason Rey could pilot the Falcon™ better than Han, without a co-pilot, and without any practice. Same reason the New Republic would turn a blind eye to a terrorist organization for years on end, do nothing then get blown up. Same reason Luke decided to murder his nephew cuz he mite b-com eebil >:( Same reason Luke then abandons the entire galaxy to an oppressive regime "cuz if I die then the Sith will also die.... except that didn't work OOOPS" Same reason why we protect what we love, not destroy what we h8! Same reason as hope being like the sun, trust your government blindly and don't ask questions YOU HOT SHOT FLY BOI!

Actually, the reason is because Force Lightning™ is iconic, and people member it from Return of The Jedi.
No.417393
Mister Twister
This song drew a dumb grin on my face, and I cannot stop grinning on the inside.
Queen of the Crimson Nileyoutube thumb
No.417394
Anonymous
Ad Astra (2019)
The promise: a psychological thriller where they try to find out what went wrong with a deep space manned mission, with the ship now threatening Earth.
The reality: Brad Pitt monologuing about his daddy issues for 2 hours while looking at his own reflection. The outer space mystery thriller part amounts to "oh they went insane after years of isolation". Most boring space movie I've ever seen.
save file
video:157847220528.webm(2.96MB , 1280x532 , BEN WANNA SEE MY NEW CHAINSAW AND HOCKEY MASK.webm)
save file
image:157959172488.png(413kB , 720x540 , vlcsnap-2020-01-21-01h01m16s388.png)
Saw Lost in La Mancha. Terry Gilliam is such a unique man; being an american who spent a whole lot of time with brits, gave him an accent that is a blend of "general american" and "general south english".
save file
image:157959174793.png(463kB , 720x540 , vlcsnap-2020-01-21-02h04m56s681.png)
save file
image:157959179009.png(407kB , 720x540 , vlcsnap-2020-01-21-02h05m05s682.png)
save file
image:157976949416.png(537kB , 853x480 , vlcsnap-2020-01-23-02h54m37s282.png)
Finally took the Orville Pill. Almost lost my shit when saw them literally using gaming chairs.

Also, Seth McFarlane??? Really??? Could not have seen that coming.
No.417403
Anonymous
Replies:>>417405
... there's a movie where Jackie Chan fights Arnold Schwarzenegger.
THE IRON MASK Official Trailer (2020)youtube thumb
save file
image:158162234106.png(63kB , 430x556 , 10_10 sketchy girl.png)
>>417403
HOLY SHIT
No.417406
Anonymous
>>417322
Its amazing that in the end the Sonic movie turned out to be good. Took a great deal of revision.
Replies:>>417408
save file
image:158185919616.jpg(37kB , 400x563 , 1218530736783.jpg)
Terminator: Dark Fate
The premise of the movie is something that an 8 year-old kid in 1992 would come up with: a woman is targeted for termination by Todd McFarlene's Spawn. No, really. There's even a key scene where they use a long-ass chain as a deadly weapon. Unexpectedly, the writing itself is equally garbage fan fiction tier. The characters are bland, the main hero turns from sobbing little girl to miss badass in no time, there are glaring plot holes, and the movie never really builds up towards anything. It just relies on a rollercoaster of spectacular CGI pyrotechniques to hide the fact that it has no depth whatsoever. But it has Arnold in it, plus Linda Hamilton reprising her role as Sarah Connor, so it's a BIG DEAL! I've seen Asylum movies with more plot than this trash.
No.417408
Anonymous
Replies:>>417409
>>417407
They need to stop fucking making Terminator movies.
No.417409
Anonymous
>>417408
I'm a big sucker for Arnold movies, so as long as he gets a good role in them, I'm not against more Terminator movies. Incidentally the only single thing Dark Fate had going for it was Arnie getting some interesting character development (in fact the only character development in the movie).
save file
image:158266529175.jpg(185kB , 1280x639 , 156851532643.jpg)
>>417411
hahaha
Replies:>>417416
save file
image:158380323844.jpg(265kB , 1237x1500 , an image from the internet.jpg)
All 3 of the french Fantomas movies are now available on Blu-Ray, original language with english subs).
No.417416
Mister Twister
>>417415
A little context: Fantomas is a 100 year old series of french novels about a bored rich guy who commits crimes for fun, while constantly getting away from the law via clever use of disguises. The 60s movies are part "modern day" adaptation, part parody/comedy. The movies are well known in France and certain european countries, but not in America.
No.417417
Anonymous
Replies:>>417418
The name Fantomas was familiar but I couldn't say from where. Maybe I was just confusing it with The Phantom. But it could be the fact that it was a Louis de Funés movie.

I'll have to put those on my list of movies to watch.
No.417418
Mister Twister
>>417417
The first movie is cantered around an incompetent but driven gendarme trying and failing to catch Fantomas but always failing (think Inspector Zenigata). The 2 sequels are more of the same, so if the first one doesn't do it for you, neither will the rest.
No.417437
Anonymous
Annihilation (2018)

Slow pacing to make the horror build up properly, with the final moments being pretty chilling. The end twist was a bit lame or so I thought. It has two big problems: one is that Natalie Portman is the only person who can actually act horrified, the others just scream and pout like they are on permanent PMS. The other problem is that it's essentially a rip off of Lovecraft's Colour out of Space, but with more scifi, adventure, and girrrrl power.
No.417440
Anonymous
The guy who played Ted on Scrubs passed away from cancer yesterday.

The Blanks - Hey Ya! (Official Video and Outkast cover by Ted's Band from Scrubs)youtube thumb
No.417441
Anonymous
RIP Florian Schneider (of Kraftwerk)

RADIOACTIVITY - KRAFTWERK - HD Liveyoutube thumb
No.417443
Anonymous
Replies:>>417444
Jesus H. Christ, that Artemis Fowl movie, what the fuck were they thinking. Probably the worst adaptation of *something* since TLA, and I think it is even worse (I don't want to rewatch TLA to compare, thats for sure).
No.417444
Mstr Twstr
>>417443
Isn't Artemis Fowl like Harry Potter, but does not really get higher in its maturity past book 4?
Replies:>>417447
save file
audio:159403545002.mp3(6.63MB / 05:07s / 180kbps , 44.1kHz / Chi Mai (from 'The Professional').mp3)
RIP Ennio Morricone
Replies:>>417448
save file
audio:159403583681.mp3(4.45MB / 03:25s / 182kbps , 44.1kHz / The Ecstacy of Gold ('The Good, The Bad and The Ugly').mp3)
>>417446
Gonna post a few more, because this man wrote some of the most beautiful music ever made.
Replies:>>417449
save file
audio:159403585130.mp3(4.28MB / 03:31s / 169kbps , 44.1kHz / Man With a Harmonica ('Once Upon a Time in the West').mp3)
>>417447
Replies:>>417450
save file
audio:159403590429.mp3(4.11MB / 03:06s / 185kbps , 44.1kHz / La Resa dei Conti (aka Sixty Seconds to What) ('For a Few Dollars More').mp3)
>>417448
Replies:>>417451
save file
audio:159403612884.mp3(3.42MB / 02:42s / 177kbps , 44.1kHz / 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' (Main Title).mp3)
>>417449
save file
audio:159403666599.mp3(4.39MB / 03:45s / 163kbps , 44.1kHz / Once upon a Time in the West ('Once Upon a Time in the West').mp3)
>>417450
No.417452
Anonymous
We need more love in the world

The Axis of Awesome: How to Write a Love Songyoutube thumb
save file
video:159929444167.webm(2.29MB , 480x270 , 1599271393687.webm)
Fuck Disney
Replies:>>417455
save file
video:159929446921.webm(2.83MB , 720x302 , 1599279106575.webm)
>>417453
No.417455
Anonymous
Replies:>>417456
>>417453
>>417454
What is that, the new Mulan?
No.417456
Anonymous
>>417455
Yup.

She's born with special chi powers.
No.417457
Mstr Twstr
The funny thing, the new Mulan is a perfectly fine cheesy kung fu film. But the timing of its release is awful, so the film becomes awful too.
No.417458
Anonymous
Replies:>>417459
The new mulan movie is so bad apparently even China hates it, and they are the market being explicitly shilled to.
No.417459
Anonymous
>>417458
Thing is, China wouldn't be interested in the movie even if it was good. Same way how Japan gave no shits about Pacific Rim or all the American made Godzilla movies. They have their own industry making better of the same, so why should they care about western attempts at that?
No.417460
Mstr Twstr
Replies:>>417461
>>417459
Did Japan REALLY not give a shit about Pacific Rim? Fucking good movie it was.
No.417461
Anonymous
Replies:>>417462
>>417460
>Did Japan REALLY not give a shit about Pacific Rim?

Japan already had a life-size Gundam statue by the time Pacific Rim was out, like I said, to them the movie was the cultural equivalent of what we consider chink shit.
No.417462
Anonymous
>>417461
And beyond the cultural thing, they get dozens of movies and anime in that genre every year, last thing they care about is plus one more gaijin made one.
No.417463
Anonymous
Replies:>>417464
>>417459
China liked Kung Fu Panda.
No.417464
Anonymous
>>417463
fuck China.
No.417466
Anonymous
Replies:>>417468
>>417465
Maybe, but that's neither a cute song nor a cute 3d idol.
No.417468
Anonymous
>>417466
That's the point.

It's better.
No.417469
Anonymous
Replies:>>417471
>>417468
Nah. It's a shit song with shit lyrics.
save file
image:160027447141.jpg(148kB , 1280x720 , maxresdefault.jpg)
>>417468
The best Hololive is Kiryu Coco specifically because she's not cute idol-like
No.417471
Anonymous
>>417469
Yer mum's a shit song with shit lyrics.
Replies:>>417476
save file
image:160088080099.jpg(50kB , 480x478 , 14-1-1596646050.jpg)
Watching The Boys season 2
so far, the series is both getting further away from the comic and also in some aspects getting closer. They introduced Terror, Female had a completely different origin but now started doing Mafia jobs and tearing peoples faces off, Frenchie is just a gangbanger crook and not the batshit insane fellow he used to be, and Black Noir is some kind of ninja.
Maeve is a lesbian, and Stormfront is an influencer chick with a sidecut who has been around in different alias since at least the 70s, killing random niggers, and it has been implied that she re-makes her own image over the years to become a new hero - possibly because she does not appear to age. I was disappointed they didn't go with the ubermensch origin, but right now it feels like they will do that, but just through a different route. Last episode had her and Homelander wrecking an entire apartment while hatefucking.

According to the trailer, Love Sausage will also appear in later episodes, can't wait to see that.

And Terror still fucks anything when Butcher tells him to.
No.417476
Anonymous
>>417473
Love Sausage was just in the last episode. He's just a random inmate in an asylum where Vought is running experiments to stabilize the Compound V. He doesn't have superhuman strength or brake fluid vodka or any of that, which kind of sucks. His power is having a prehensile penis that can stretch long enough to strangle a man from the other end of a room. He doesn't even have a single line, and MM mentions that the dude's got a love sausage when seeing him on camera, but that's before he almost gets strangled by his dick.
So basically he just makes a cameo, nothing else.

Stormfront is revealed to be pretty much the same thing as her comic version, just gender swapped, and better at hiding her racism. She is the wife of the scientist who cooked up V back for the Nazis, instead of just a random Hitlerjugend. She looks up to Homelander like a soul mate and wants him to lead an army of V'd up people and cleanse the world of inferior races. Homelander then kisses her (he wanted to kill her before the reveal scene) so he probably likes the idea.
Replies:>>417481
save file
image:160203950168.jpg(119kB , 1202x1776 , Eddie_Van_Halen_at_the_New_Haven_Coliseum.jpg)
Eddie Van Halen died today of cancer.
No.417481
Mister Twister
>>417480
Miraculous cancer recoveries aside, I wonder of the cure will be allowed to exist within my lifetime.
No.417483
Anonymous
>>417482
reminds me that I should play the rest of the MC Collection.
No.417490
Mister Twister
Replies:>>417491
I am once again visited by the thought of Doctor Strange 2. Will it ever be made? Will it be good (well written)? I don't know, want to know, and yet afraid to think about it.
No.417491
Anonymous
Replies:>>417497
>>417490
Dr. Strange was about the only one of the recent marvel capeshit movies that I genuinely liked.
No.417497
Anonymous
Replies:>>417498
>>417491
Hated how he was used in the big crossover movies.

The whole "I have foreseen the one and only timeline where we succeed and thus things must go as such" is such contrived writer bullshit.
No.417498
Anonymous
>>417497
The writing in capeshit movies usually is.
save file
image:160415242958.jpg(306kB , 524x595 , SeanConneryJune08.jpg)
>>47962
Sean Connery has passed away, aged 90.
No.417500
Anonymous
>>417499
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824
No.417501
Anonymous
>>417499
He died as he lived: not aging.
No.417512
Anonymous
Watched the Cloverfield trilogy the last few days.

First movie is... a monster movie but with that goddamn stupid "shaky hand cam" style like the Blair Witch project. I consider this a horrible idea, especially when I was hoping for a monster movie. It's not bad as a movie though, there's suspense, catastrophe and bloodshed. I just don't like this direction style. And the movie kind of has no ending whatsoever.

Second movie (Cloverfield lane) is much better, and makes for a good thriller, even if it is somewhat predictable. The aliens in the end kind of ruin the movie sadly, they should've played a bigger role earlier on. Goodmans character could've had proper radio and some cameras set up too in his bunker, not just a VHF radio that wouldn't detect anything. The apocalypse scenario of it all should have been more emphasized, because without that the ending felt really out of place. The main character goes from a fashion designer to fighting aliens with Molotov cocktails in a span of ten minutes.

Third movie was a PG-13 version of Event Horizon but with all logic removed and the supposedly highly trained astronauts unable to look at the stars to determine where they are. And the entire twist ending was twice as out of place as in the previous movie and made me laugh out loud for a minute. It could have been better if they give it a better explanation as to why they are dealing with unexplainable phenomena, and, again, properly show what is happening earthside instead of just leaving it as a retarded twist in the last scene.

Over all, the second movie felt the best, the first was good but not to my liking, and the third was something that has been done before and done better.
Maybe they should finally make a version which is about actually fighting the monsters.
save file
image:161369042724.jpg(367kB , 662x960 , p694fry76bi61.jpg)
So how about them live action disney movies huh?

Just coming and coming and coming all over the publics faces.