/mtv/ - Music, Television & Film

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 150 posts, 35 files (34 image(s), 1 video(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /mtv/47827 Close window
Options
save file
image:149089909700.png(313kB , 640x360 , batgirl_1280_720_81_s_c1.png)
DC General: Beware the Batgirl Edition
PREVIOUS ISSUE: >>46400

Why Batgirl? Because Warner Bros. has apparently decided to give Joss Whedon a shot at writing, producing, and directing a Batgirl film: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/03/30/joss-whedon-will-direct-batgirl
No.47829
Anonymous
So they going to put this out before or after the proposed Gotham City Sirens movie?

Because Stand Alone sans Batman I can see but Stand Alone sans other prominent females in Gotham I do not.
save file
image:149090986900.jpg(43kB , 500x384 , 1284552723295.jpg)
>>47827
Batgirl + Whedon? This I might actually watch. But I will wait for reviews, like I tend to these days.
No.47834
Anonymous
As long as they put a leash on him compared to Age of Ultron.
No.47864
Anonymous
Dolph signed on to Aquaman. I'm cool with it. Again I hope it all works out. Cool that he's in that and Stallone is over in Marvel.
No.47902
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47903
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/powerless-pulled-from-schedule-by-nbc.html

Welp, that should be the end of that.
No.47903
Anonymous
>>47902
If only they hadn't screwed with the original it really could have worked. Civil Court cases against Superheros about damages. We could have Harvey Bridman'd this show. it could have been funny and great. Instead of a shitting disaster of failed Batman jokes.
Replies:>>47928
save file
image:149425573100.jpg(92kB , 1280x720 , WONDER WOMAN – Rise of the Warrior [Official Final Trailer].mp4_snapshot_00.58_[2017.05.08_11.00.00].jpg)
//youtube.com/watch?v=VSB4wGIdDwoyoutube thumb

So we've got Wonder Woman Trailer out and its the Final One. Plus is that we've got conformation that Doctor Poison is in the film.

Problem is that the CGI is still terrible and the composite shots look unfinished. They really need to get someone else to be their CGI guys.
No.47928
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47926

Man. After a couple of actually good trailers, this one feels underwhelming. Not-so-good CGI, giving away practically the entire story arc of the film, the weak-ass song choice…bleah.
No.47929
Anonymous
Well we know Doctor Poison will be overshadowed by Ares since Wonder Woman has to kill a god.

That is a Chekhov's gun if ever there was one.
No.47937
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47942
Just for the record: “Powerless” has officially been shitcanned.
No.47942
Anonymous
>>47937
Yea. I do feel bad for them as the original was so much better. Wonder if anyone from that convention will leak a cam of that.

I mean normal people struggling to get on an equal footing with Superheros sounds like like a great gimmick.

Just the mental picture of some poor sap trying to get the Amazons to settle up in court and they call in fucking Themis to represent them. It just makes me smile.

Hell you could make it so that an entire season builds up to just the case because one would expect it to be really fucking hard to get a Superhero into the courtroom. Heck four episodes alone could be the plot of just trying to get to Paradise Island and serve the papers.

Also I'd tap Ambush Bug to be part of the cast as the B plot would be him working to get various D and Less Lister to settle up on lesser insurance matters. Part of me would want Ambush Bug and Lobo duo but that's maybe too much.
save file
image:149498629300.jpg(617kB , 900x1273 , itifr2b3dwxy.jpg)
Chinese poster for Wondies upcomming film.

I think at this point I'll go see WW in theaters if any of my friend or family decide they want to go see it.
No.47960
Anonymous
Replies:>>47964
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455

Damn. Well best to him and the family in getting through this.
No.47964
Anonymous
>>47960
Wow. That really fucking sucks.

Also with some irony, apparently Joss Whedon will be taking over for what's left of Justice League.
No.47965
Anonymous
Which doesn't bode well least for a tonally consistent film. But hey maybe Joss can weave some narrative between all of Snyder's cinematic moments.
No.47967
Anonymous
Replies:>>47968
Justice League finished filming months ago. Whedon will be directing a few planned reshoots (because that's the craze nowadays) and complete the post-production, but the finished product will be 99% Snyder's. I *seriously* doubt Whedon is going to change things noticeably, especially given the circumstances.
No.47968
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47969
>>47967

Snyder finished directing the principal photography. WB has already released trailers. Whedon cannot change anything major about the film at all at this point. At best, he can add a few minor scenes and maybe tweak some dialogue in what will likely be green-screen-heavy reshoots. The film already has a direction and a tone and all that; Whedon coming in to wrap things up cannot and will not change that, especially with studio execs looking over his shoulder.
No.47969
Anonymous
>>47968
Well... that's exactly what I said, but with more words!
No.47972
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47979
The Alamo Drafthouse in NYC decided to run a women-only screening for “Wonder Woman” during the film’s opening weekend. The response to this from certain corners of the Internet (read: the women-hating caves of MRAs and their PUA brethren) was so strong that the Drafthouse took decisive action—by adding another women-only screening to the schedule.

Fucking beautiful.
No.47979
Anonymous
>>47972
Also it should be noted said women-only screenings are meant as a fundraiser for Planned Parenthood more than anything else.
No.47980
Anonymous
Well the critics seem to like it take that as you will. We'll have wait and see what the public comes out of this thinking.

Company wars trolls over on /co/ are being insufferable.

It'll get worse if this craters in the box office. I mean I hope it does well. Just everything I've seen Gadot still isn't that good. She seems enthusiastic I guess. Maybe it'll work out.
No.47986
Anonymous
Replies:>>47987
Won't watch it until next week but my friends are also saying it's good. A little conventional and the third act is what you come to expect from these kinds of movies but it's solid and well made, not an editing clusterfuck like Suicide Squad and less melodramatic than the Snyder films.
No.47987
Anonymous
Replies:>>47988
>>47986

One of the things I read is that she actually acts like a hero. Which appears to be a massive positive.
No.47988
rasputin_zero !!e9Z+3lbULwW
>>47987
Who woulda thunk, people actually like there to be heroes in their superhero movies.

I haven't seen it yet, but knowing Diana dancing with General Ludendorff is in it has doubled my enthusiasm to do so.
No.47994
Anonymous
Replies:>>47995
Boy this wanted to be Cap 1 so fucking bad
No.47995
Anonymous
>>47994
Which is good because Cap 1 is one of the better Marvel films.

And IMO, the "World War" aspect in Wonder Woman was better handled and more interesting. One of things that I didn't like in First Avenger was that after Cap frees the soldiers, almost all the WWII action is left in a 2 minute long montage.
No.47996
Anonymous
>>47995
WW1 movies written like WW2 movies are suffering
No.47998
Anonymous
Replies:>>48000
>>47995
Agreed. WW also used its Howling Commandos equivalents much better too. It was right at the point you mentioned that Cap 1 started to fall apart. Overall I think I still prefer Cap 1 better but WW was more consistently good even if it didn't reach the highs of Cap 1.
No.48000
Anonymous
Replies:>>48001
>>47998
Something I did like better in First Avenger was the climax. Cap Vs Red Skull wasn't exactly an incredible action scene by any means, but I did appreciate that it was a very oldschool fistfight. WW vs Ares is yet another generic CGI lightshow, pretty much any of the earlier action scenes were more exciting and in fact I consider it the weakest part of the film.

... actually, now that I think about it a lot of Superhero films do suffer from that, weak final confrontations between the the main hero and the antagonist.
No.48001
Anonymous
Replies:>>48003
>>48000
Yeah. Also they were fighting to take control of the bomber whereas in this movie it feels like they just fought because they felt the movie needed a big bad guy fight. Though I think Ares was fine until they went full CGI. Part of me wishes they used more to get rid of that stupid looking mustache.
No.48003
Anonymous
>>48001

Squad ran into that as well. Third act just being there for someone to trigger their super move and battle the villains.
No.48089
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/22/dc-confirms-slate

Also, new “Justice League” trailer: //youtube.com/watch?v=bEQ7GalI9dQyoutube thumb
No.48155
Anonymous
Replies:>>48156
Word around is that Whedon's influece in Justice League will be a lot deeper than just the expected "he's just carrying post-production duties", specifically he allegedly shot new scenes with Cyborg to make him less grimderp.
No.48156
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48157
>>48155

Ten bux says he now comes off as something closer to cartoon!Cyborg than whatever Snyder had in mind.
No.48157
Anonymous
Replies:>>48159
>>48156

We'll get a BOO YAH though likely as he puts down a baddie or something.
No.48159
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48157

That was likely to happen anyway. Now it's all but guaranteed.
No.48166
Anonymous
Replies:>>48169
http://www.batman-on-film.com/dc-comics-on-film_JUSTICE-LEAGUE_news_Cyborg-reshoots-IGN_8-11-17.html

The actor playing Cyborg's dad confirms that they are changing Cyborg's character.

Also, word is that the reason for the extensive reshoots is because the early cut of the film was considered unwatchable by the WB people.
No.48169
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48166

>the early cut of the film was considered unwatchable by the WB people

These people let “Suicide Squad” end up like it did. If “Justice League” is “unwatchable”, I can only imagine how bad it is in comparison.
save file
image:150279984500.jpg(232kB , 1920x1080 , mpv-shot0001.jpg)
>>48169
>considered unwatchable by the WB people
I tend to believe that studios will never pull anything for reasons other than legal issues and taboo/swearing issues. If they pull something on quality control, it must be seriously messed up.
No.48174
Anonymous
Replies:>>48175
>>48169
I'm worried, but it depends on what they consider unwatchable, because I'm led to believe Suicide Squad would've been better left alone than with the hackjob editing job it got.
No.48175
Anonymous
>>48174
Dunno Snyder kept becoming more and more disjointed so they very well could have been even less narrative cohesion then BvS. It very well could have felt like a few smaller films than one large cohesive piece.
No.48182
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48186
And as if WB needed more problems, it is now planning to make a “Joker origin story” movie.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/08/22/and-now-theyre-making-a-joker-origin-movie

Well, uh…at least it couldn’t be any worse than Catwoman, right? ?
No.48186
Anonymous
Replies:>>48187
>>48182
Isn't the whole point of Joker that he has no "true" origin story?
No.48187
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48188
>>48186

The closest anyone ever got to giving him one was The Killing Joke—the comic, not the animated film—and even that did not ultimately stick. But yes, the mystique surrounding Joker’s lack of a true origin is the largest part of what makes him a compelling character. Any attempt to pigeonhole him into a “definitive” origin or pre-Joker identity makes the character less compelling.
No.48188
Anonymous
>>48187
Even in the context of the comic, the "origin" presented in Killing Joke isn't definitive, it's there to leave you thinking if there is any truth to that sob story or if it is just something the Joker made up. It was stupid that later writers attempted to validate that origin in canon, since it would rob the subtlety of that plot point.
No.48189
Anonymous
Replies:>>48190
Given the recent revelations about Whedon and his old script for Wonder Woman I'm now terrified for the Batgirl film and its astronomical likelihood of turning out to be self-insert waifu garbage.
save file
image:150353545200.jpg(57kB , 729x488 , Starfire.jpg)
>>48189

In other news related to female DC characters, the upcoming live-action series Titans has a Starfire: Anna Diop, whose recent work includes 24: Legacy, The Messengers, and Quantico. She joins Teagan Croft, who will be playing the role of Raven.
No.48191
Anonymous
Writers need to understand that mysterious characters are cool because... well, because they are mysterious. Trying to shed light into the mystery often at best adds nothing of worth to the characters, and at worst ruins them. You have to be a really, REALLY good writer to pull it off.

Seeing Boba Fett as a dumbass kid didn't make him any cooler, knowing that the Xenomorphs were created by a crazy robot from earth only made me ask why the title is still "Alien", and the realization that Michael Myers was the product of some wacky celtic conspiracy gave me a headache. And certainly, I don't give a damn about what's the Joker's true origin. Some questions are better left without an answer.
No.48192
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48191

>Michael Myers was the product of some wacky celtic conspiracy

I thought we agreed, as a society, to never again speak of any Halloween films outside of the first two.
No.48193
Anonymous
Replies:>>48194
>>48191
I can forgive them if it ends up being a Rashomon type deal where Joker's backstory(s) act as a backdrop to characterize DCEU Gotham's underworld and the other Batvillains as a whole, but I don't trust them to be that capable.
No.48194
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48193

I don‘t trust them to even know what Rashomon is.
No.48258
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48259
http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/dc-wonder-woman-movie-strategy-universe.html

Took ’em long enough.
No.48259
Anonymous
Replies:>>48261
>>48258
That they didn't realize it earlier on when everyone was screaming in their faces is facepalm-worthy, but better late than never, especially if it means their future movies are as good as Wonder Woman.
No.48261
Anonymous
Replies:>>48262
>>48259
Well if Flash movie is used as Flashpoint lead into to a soft-ish reboot it could work. Just don't go retelling everything again.

Go with Rebirth model. It happened just a bit differently.
No.48262
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48261

>Just don't go retelling everything again.

Warner Bros. shoehorned the base-level origin story of Batman into BvS. It will retell everything again because it thinks audiences are morons.
No.48285
Anonymous
Replies:>>48286
>new Justice League trailer
I really wanna like Cyborg, but man i can't get over his atrocious design for these films. Flash neither but he has the luxury of taking his suit off.
No.48286
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48285

On the flipside: I love Aquaman's look, but FUCK, why did they have to make him a “bro”?
No.48288
Anonymous
Replies:>>48290
So Affleck is getting tagged in the Hollywood casting couch kerfuffle.

Looking like Flashpoint is pretty much a given going forward now.
No.48290
Anonymous
>>48288
Why isn't Jane Fonda getting any flack? She pretty much admitted that she knew about Weinstein's abuses for years and did nothing about it. Anybody who knew and remained silent need to be publicly ashamed.
No.48293
Anonymous
Replies:>>48295
>>48290
Well Affleck its both committing and aiding in the problem and Jane Fonda isn't currently a A list star. But yea its turning out a whole bunch of A listers did a bunch of muscling to keep the media silent on this. Either because they themselves were complicit or didn't want to rock the boat and ruin their careers.

Time for the surviving Cory to shine that light bright.
No.48294
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48295
>>48290

>Anybody who knew and remained silent need to be

…asked whether they stayed silent because they feared retribution from Weinstein, his production company, or his powerful friends. If they say “no”, they should be pushed out of the business for good.
save file
image:150795912200.gif(368kB , 200x150 , SypDHru.gif)
>>48294
>>48293
>be Seth McFarlane
>admit knowing of what was going on with Weinstein
>BUT ITS OK GUYS, I MADE A PASSING JOKE ABOUT IT 4 YEARS AGO

...Also, shouldn't this discussion be moved to the /mtv/ General?
No.48324
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48391
Bob Chipman, aka “MovieBob”, swore that if he were to ever do a “Really That Bad” episode of his “Really That Good” series (mainly-positive video essays about good films and why they are “really that good”), he would do such an episode only for the right movie, and it would only ever be a one-off. Turns out, he found that movie—in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

He put out a preview a few weeks ago about his reasoning for the two-part episode and why he chose that movie — //youtube.com/watch?v=_FzzIDgVLm8youtube thumb — and yesterday, he dropped Part 1 of his deep dive into why Dawn of Justice is…well, really that bad:

//youtube.com/watch?v=F9juReoJxI0youtube thumb
No.48338
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
The original plan for Justice League was making it a two-film story. After Warner Bros. axed that idea (likely spurred by the failures of BvS and Suicide Squad), the one-film story was shaping up to be another two-and-a-half-hour trek through the DCEU. Snyder left the film for a truly heartbreaking reason, so WB asked Joss Whedon to finish the damn thing. And now the reportedly 300-million-dollar film has been cut down into a two-hour story.

How long do you think will it be until WB gives up on the DCEU?
No.48342
Anonymous
>>48338
Right now WB has no real reason to give the DCEU the axe, all 4 movies released so far have made a substantial amount of money. BvS underperformed a bit because they were aiming it to join the billion dollar club (don't forget, out of 17 films released so far Marvel only has placed 4 up there, it isn't exactly an easy feat), but still, 873 million worldwide isn't exactly spare cash. Justice League would need to be a disastrous flop for WB to consider giving up the franchise.
No.48343
Anonymous
Replies:>>48345
Justice league could theoretically flop HARD and they'd still let things play out for a bit longer since wonder woman earned a ton of good will and was a departure from the methods that made most of the other films fall.
No.48345
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48343

>a departure from the methods that made most of the other films fall

Translation: “It wasn’t a Snyder-helmed fuck-up that tried to be deep and ‘complicated’ but ultimately said a bunch of nothing while telling a story with unlikeable characters and less structure than a house made of sticks.”
No.48346
Anonymous
Replies:>>48350
>>48338
Didn't he learn from Age of Ultron why trimming down a film to have such a short run time can be a fucking terrible idea?
No.48350
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48351
>>48346

I would bet that Whedon did not make the call on final runtime. After all, a two-hour movie can be shown more times in a day than a two-and-a-half-hour movie, and more showings means more potential income. Whedon might have that notion in the back of his head as a tertiary concern; Warner Bros. executives, on the other hand…
No.48351
Anonymous
Replies:>>48352
>>48350
He claims he wanted to beat a personal record and that's why AoU is exactly one minute shorter than the original Avengers.
No.48352
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48355
>>48351

I was referring more to JL than AoU, but…good lord, Whedon, you fucking idiot.
No.48355
Anonymous
>>48352
Ultron had a lot of executive meddling involved so I can believe it being the studio's fault and Whedon is enough of an egomaniac to try to make it sound like his own idea.
Replies:>>48376
save file
image:151067615600.png(185kB , 787x342 , 1510645663314.png)
The Justice League Rotten Tomatoes score isn't going to be release until the movie comes out. How embarrassing.
No.48376
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48375

Reminder that WB owns a stake in Rotten Tomatoes, thus making this move look hella-unethical.
No.48377
Anonymous
Replies:>>48378
From what I hear from friends, the movie isn't that bad. Not great but still surprisingly good and not a total disaster.
No.48378
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48377

The general consensus I have seen from various review roundups goes like this: “It ain’t a great movie, but it is better than Batman v Superman, which was the singular low-as-fuck bar Justice League had to clear.”
No.48379
Anonymous
Replies:>>48380
The worst part of the movie was the Flash. Everything else was fairly serviceable.
No.48380
Anonymous
>>48379
Really? I heard he was one of the better balanced characters.
No.48382
Anonymous
It wasn't horrible. It wasn't depressing. It was fun. And I enjoyed seeing the characters doing their thing. I am happy.

And I totally wasn´t expecting to see a Green Lantern. Also, that perfect Deathstroke! And Luthor finally looking like Luthor! And that Injustice Gang sequel hook! I can¿t believe I am again excited about these movies!
No.48385
Anonymous
I almost feel dirty for defending a Snyder film... but there is no reason for the mediocrity of Age of Ultron to have a 75% RT score while Justice League gets destroyed with a 34%. The critics bias is clear here.
No.48386
Anonymous
Replies:>>48388
>>48385

Mediocrity is still better than crap. And didn't those same critics push Wonder Woman to a 92% RT score?
No.48388
Anonymous
Replies:>>48389
>>48385
It had built-up goodwill towards the characters and universe because of the previous movies. Justice League didn't and this was the first real look at many of the new guys so it's harder to give a shit.
>>48386
Yes and they also loved LEGO Batman as well. Face it Snyder is just a hack.
No.48389
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48388

Also: Lots of critics have far higher standards than the average moviegoer—which is a side effect of watching/reviewing/critiquing films far more often than the average person.
No.48390
Anonymous
Gods fucking damn, Ezra Miller is an irritating piece of shit, even in interviews.
No.48391
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48324

MovieBob continues “Really That Bad: Batman v Superman” with Part 2 of what will now be a three-part series (thanks in part to Justice League):

//youtube.com/watch?v=A8BPzCvrxLYyoutube thumb
No.48396
Anonymous
Well, unless a miracle happens, it seems that Justice League will end up as the lowest box office performer in the DCEU, not even making Man of Steel cash.
No.48422
Anonymous
Hearing they're going to use the upcoming Flash movie to soft-reboot the DCEU aside from Wonder Woman via Flashpoint.
No.48423
Anonymous
It won't fix ths problem, especially not with the flash.
Because Ezra Miller is trash tier.
No.48439
Anonymous
https://deadline.com/2018/03/ava-duvernay-new-gods-movie-warner-bros-dc-jack-kirby-1202338680/

I said "holy shit" out loud.
No.417260
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
https://io9.gizmodo.com/people-are-asking-at-t-customer-service-to-release-the-1826902634

Jesus Christ.
Replies:>>417264
save file
image:152937909300.png(333kB , 731x570 , tumblr_pajtbixIjm1sl7gimo1_raw.png)
Jesus Christ.
No.417264
Anonymous
>>417263
Really fires the neurons.
save file
image:157512121909.gif(3.60MB , 500x500 , 1575093671589.gif)
save file
image:161496860636.jpg(334kB , 971x2048 , bahgawd.jpg)
Christ did you faggots hear about Snyder's original plans for Justice League sequels?
https://imgur.com/a/hmBpUZX
Replies:>>417533
save file
image:161500878640.png(1.38MB , 2673x1750 , 1615003001925.png)
No.417533
Anonymous
Replies:>>417534
>>417532
ah, the sonic cycle. It's been so long I've seen that.
No.417534
Anonymous
Replies:>>417538
>>417533
When was the last good sonic game?
save file
video:161502033823.webm(2.98MB , 1920x1080 , just like my japanese animes.webm)
Alternatively
>Full recreation of anon's attempts at having sex with a chick during a Con
No.417538
Anonymous
>>417534
>When was the last good sonic game?

Generations which was half the old games remade, and Mania which was basically a fanwank romhack tier game but released as an official entry.
No.417539
Anonymous
>>417530
Apparently WB shut down the exhibit these whiteboards were part of and trying to get the images taken down from the internet, due to the response of people seeing them.
Replies:>>417542
save file
image:161505532482.jpg(83kB , 482x637 , terrible shirt design.jpg)
Would you wear a t-shirt with bat-sperm on it?
save file
image:161530361287.jpg(280kB , 2048x912 , 1615298625153.jpg)
No.417542
Anonymous
Replies:>>417543
>>417540
The fuck is this pic supposed to symbolize?
No.417543
Anonymous
Replies:>>417544
>>417542
That thing was an official t-shirt design for charity based on Zack Snyder's justice league scripts.

The tiny wriggling sperm dripping down from the Bat logo represents how he knocked up Lois Lane which was the key to everything that happens.
No.417544
Anonymous
Replies:>>417545
>>417543
So if I understand right the pic also means that Wonder Woman and Flash are about mingle their blood, Flash kills Superman, Cyborg is the ex-slave of Aquaman, and Superman stabs Bruce Wayne with six daggers and a sword?
save file
image:161531187648.jpg(189kB , 928x1530 , b8f1b99a9b1c5e2445c075f38c09766b.jpg)
>>417544
Makes about as much sense as the actual movies they had in mind.
Its honestly just a bunch of classic mythological symbology crudely ripped off and with a bunch of DC character logos slapped on it.
Because Snyder is a fucking hack.
No.417546
Anonymous
Replies:>>417547
Does Superman really get cucked by Bruce in Snyder's vision for the trilogy? As in, the son he and Lois had in the future is revealed to be Bruce's?
No.417547
Anonymous
>>417546
see
>>417530

So the plan was Lois and Batman were fucking while Clark was "dead".

Superman was cucked into being evil in the bad timeline where she dies, but in the good timeline where Batman sacrifices himself to save Lois because he found out she was pregnant with his child Superman instead realizes his reason to live is to raise Bruce's child.

The epilogue of the final movie would be Lois telling the kid who his real father was, because "The World needs Batman" and he goes to Gotham to become the new one
save file
image:161548939667.jpg(76kB , 720x1004 , Osama Bin Joker.jpg)
No.417549
Anonymous
Replies:>>417550
>>417548
Give it another decade or two and this might be the kind of movies they'll make about the war on the middle east.

Also don't forget that time when Joker was the diplomatic ambassador to Saddam Hussein.
No.417550
Anonymous
Replies:>>417551
>>417549
It wasn't Iraq, he was the ambassador to the UN for Iran you're thinking of.
save file
image:161549771575.jpg(1.01MB , 1208x1624 , Bruce Wayne vs Joker.jpg)
>>417550
Right.
save file
image:161576066832.jpg(34kB , 1792x795 , 4252452.jpg)
>>417548
In Zack Snyder's world everyone is jesus, because its so deep
save file
image:161670065178.png(41kB , 611x502 , 58DEr8DAp7HWYocYBfd6gRzsmeUr1sjRgbM5xwRzH2Y.png)
save file
image:162250506589.png(2.87MB , 1496x1063 , MollyQuinnBabs.png)
I am once again shilling Molly Quinn for Babs.
No.417607
Anonymous
>>417606
Babs is a redhead, she'll automatically get cast to a black person.
No.417613
Anonymous
>>417607
Didn't they already make Batwoman black?
Replies:>>417615
save file
image:162283887125.jpg(375kB , 1448x1448 , 1622833858144.jpg)
>>417607
save file
image:162298538286.jpg(764kB , 1600x1000 , 1622919233955.jpg)
>>417607
>>417614
>What-if Opposite-day
No.417623
Anonymous
THE SUICIDE SQUAD Final Trailer (NEW 2021) Suicide Squad 2, Superhero Movie HDyoutube thumb

Is shooting Superman with a kryptonite bullet really much of an achievement to wow people? The bullet is doing all the work, a random child could manage that achievement since he's expecting the round to just bounce off him.

Though the suicide squad movies have always been stupid since their purpose is meant to be "We need an expendable super team to take on rogue supermans" and you have people like fucking Harley Quinn on it.
Yeah a dumb bitch with a baseball bat is really an anti-superman weapon.
No.417821
Anonymous
>>417606
Babs is the worst batgirl, literally just a token pair of tits in a bat costume and high heels.

That's why she gets passed around the bat family for the sake of terrible romance drama by shit writers.
No.417861
Anonymous
Replies:>>417891
>>417822
Why is the actor that played the Flash such an absolute fucking nutter.
No.417865
Anonymous
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/justice-league-the-snyder-cut-bots-fans-1384231/
Replies:>>417890
save file
image:165971690236.png(2.17MB , 1536x2048 , 1659670025372495.png)
>>47827
Funny coincidence that the OP of this thread happens to be that.

What with the Batgirl movie being cancelled after all this time.
People who worked on it are leaking stuff.
No.417891
Anonymous
>>417861
>>417822
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/paigeskinner/ezra-miller-felony-burglary-vermont
No.417894
Anonymous
>>417822
>>417891
This saga just gets more and more ridiculous

https://www.cbr.com/ezra-miller-the-flash-reshoots-evade-authorities/
Replies:>>417908
save file
image:166231159987.jpg(377kB , 1080x1600 , 345763686438876.jpg)
No.417908
Anonymous
>>417907
yeah I've been meaning to re-watch Batman Forever.
save file
image:166568473191.jpg(158kB , 1080x1349 , 286157028_380529667386805_6302633487923651342_n.jpg)
Is the Black Adam movie any good?
I mean the Rock is just another egotistical former wrestler gone hollywood and they don't tend to star in good movies, though the movies CAN be fun ones.
Replies:>>417981
save file
image:166571899431.jpg(228kB , 1170x1249 , 1665690692038225.jpg)
>>417938
No.417940
Anonymous
>>417938
It's capeshit so it's a watch once, then forget type of CGI Fuck Fest. Also the super cute spunky Cyclone fell victim to Hollywoods hate for redheads which is a definite minus. The upside is that Rock is physically the closest to perfect as they could get for the role.
As for the Rock, he is actually a decent actor, but they keep typecasting him in c-grade action movies, so he never has a chance to show it. Watch some of his movies that bombed (Hercules comes to mind), and you'll see that there's more to him than showing off his pecs and raising his eyebrows - but that's what the audience always expects, so if he tries acting better, the movie bombs. It's kind of like how Arnie had to get a speech therapist to re-learn his "oozee nine millimetah" accent, because that's how everyone expected him to speak.

with that said, I did not see Black Adam yet.
Replies:>>418022
save file
image:166603798616.jpg(45kB , 780x438 , 221017113317-ezra-miller-arraignment-1017-exlarge-169.jpg)
>>417894
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/10/17/entertainment/ezra-miller-burglary-case-vermont/index.html

There's a different law for the rich and famous than there is for the poor and mundane
No.417980
Anonymous
Replies:>>417981
>>417938
https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/black-adam-box-office-100-million-loss-1235449487/
No.417981
Anonymous
>>417980
tl:dr; it's a mediocre movie which "only" made 400 million in theaters, not enough to recuperate its 200 million budget + 80 million marketing. Rentals will make it break even, but it's not the billion dollar seller that Marvel always makes.

>>417939
is this AI generated?
No.417983
Anonymous
Replies:>>417984
DC movies just don't seem to be doing well.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/wonder-woman-3-not-moving-forward-dc-movies-1235276804/
No.417984
Anonymous
>>417983
They never did. Except for maybe the original Superman.
save file
image:167127657946.png(276kB , 589x843 , RockShock.png)
This whole Black Adam thing might have revealed the Rock to be a bit of a cock.

Like he tied so much of his ego to the character he was playing in the DC movie he committed fraud to try and make the movie appear to do better than it did.
Replies:>>417989
save file
image:167154984408.jpg(40kB , 508x356 , gotta make it like the movies.jpg)
Why are major comicbook companies so shit?
No.417989
Anonymous
>>417988
Being drawn by The Rock actually fits Black Adam rather well. They should just not forget that he is, well, a genocidal maniac from ancient times.
save file
image:168143981259.png(427kB , 760x992 , Posted by Dwayne Johnson.png)
No.418022
Anonymous
>>417944
>>417894
>>417891
https://www.cbr.com/flash-production-designer-audiences-forget-ezra-miller-crimes

Forget Crimes, Consume Product
Replies:>>418025
save file
image:168395575831.jpg(205kB , 1079x1078 , abduction man.jpg)
>>418022
Fuck Hollywood and fuck comicbook movies.
No.418025
Anonymous
>>418022
>Ezra Miller
That dude looks like if Michael Jackson played the leading role in Twilight.

>>418024
>2023
>still reading capeshit
I shyggy dyggy
No.418056
Anonymous
The Flash movie is extra fucked beyond the actor of the lead character being an actual criminal and the effects being shit.
They CGI'd a bunch of dead actors who played superheroes to do their alternate timelines retreading Flashpoint yet again, as if its the only thing about the Flash that exists.
And when I say a bunch I mean it, a ridiculous amount of digital zombies on display. Almost like the hologram Kanye West made of his wife's dead dad but in movie form.
save file
image:168750384447.jpg(45kB , 640x272 , jedi ghosts.jpg)
>>418056
That sounds like this.
No.418068
Anonymous
>>418022
>>418056
The Flash movie fucking bombed at least, small mercies in the world.

https://thedirect.com/article/the-flash-box-office-flop-superhero-movie-history