/mtv/ - Music, Television & Film

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 306 posts, 35 files (35 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /mtv/46400 Close window
Options
Replies:>>46405
save file
image:146652774300.png(40kB , 1600x1066 , justice-league-logo-black.png)
http://collider.com/justice-league-movie-synopsis/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/21/justice-league-willem-dafoe-plays-aquaman-character-vulko
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/justice-league-will-one-standalone-movie-shooting-35mm/
http://mashable.com/2016/06/21/justice-league-set-visit/

Lotta things to this one. Justice League will be just one film. Flash will be the comedic relief. Steppenwolf is the main villain, and just him. Lets see what happens.
No.46401
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/a-hater-tours-the-justice-league-set
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/21/ben-affleck-interviewed-on-the-set-of-justice-league

>I was invited to the set because I was a hater. But the mission wasn’t to humiliate me or to take me down a notch. It was to convert me. It was to show me that things were going to be different with Justice League. Hell, if I had to sum this entire set visit up in one quote it would come from producer Debbie Snyder, talking about the lessons she and Zack learned from critical and audience reactions to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: "We learned that people don't like seeing their heroes deconstructed.”
No.46402
Anonymous
>>46401
But isn't that a whole character arc in Marvel. Deconstruction by having their beliefs flipped on them. People seem to be okay with those.
No.46403
Anonymous
Replies:>>46404
>>46401
Except Marvel did and has been doing it just fine. Sounds like he's just trying to cover his ass by making his inability to understand the characters on a fundamental level more profound than it really is. Making the same exact mistake 90s comics writers did when trying to ape stuff like Watchmen and confusing generic edginess for deconstruction.
No.46404
Anonymous
>>46403
Justice League is the perfect point for deconstruction. To that point Clark and Bruce discussing if what they are creating will be a force for good.

But to have that conversation we need an established Superman that has clearly communicated what he stands for.

To this point they've been rather shit at that. That hearing would have been a great setup for a real Superman moment. But nah let's just go exploding wheelchairs and piss.
No.46405
Anonymous
Replies:>>46406
>>46400
>>46400
>Steppenwolf is the main villain

I wonder if this confirms that thing in the "Communion" deleted scene from BvS was Steppenwolf after all
No.46406
Anonymous
>>46405
From what has been said about the posters being shown. Yea that's supposed to be him.
No.46407
Anonymous
for a brief second I though that said Willem Dafoe Plays Aquaman

and there, in that moment, lived and died the one chance I might care about the DC movieverse or aquaman
No.46409
Anonymous
Replies:>>46411
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/former-wonder-woman-lynda-carter-confirmed-major-supergirl-role

Supergirl gets President Lynda Carter. This show is crazy.
No.46411
Anonymous
Replies:>>46412
>>46409
Nice throwback. Wonder what other former DC actors will be next.
No.46412
Anonymous
>>46411
They've got a sizeable list of characters incoming. I'm actually intrigued on what could happen. Just leave their James someplace and not make him a focus like other shows have done to their detriment.
No.46413
Anonymous
YUSSSSS

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dcs-supergirl-and-the-flash-will-hit-netflix-much-/1100-6441086/

>According to Variety, the deal could mean CW shows are made available on Netflix as quickly as two weeks after their season finales.

Good news compared to earlier reports of all CW stuff being pulled from Netflix because CBS wants to shove all their stuff on their own streaming service.
No.46437
Anonymous
Replies:>>46438
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1527369/suicide-squad-is-finished-and-the-director-has-this-warning-to-fans

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/suicide-squad-new-footage-of-jared-letos-joker-in-lil-wayne-wiz-khalifa-and-imagine-dragons-music-a7102601.html

//youtube.com/watch?v=-59jGD4WrmEyoutube thumb

http://www.eonline.com/news/774157/why-viola-davis-wanted-to-pepper-spray-jared-leto

>It was previously believed that Viola Davis, who plays Amanda Waller in the supervillains superhero flick, didn't receive any of Leto's infamous gifts he sent to the cast during filming.

>Turns out she did receive a box of bullets.

>"It was a little worrisome," Davis said. "It made you a little bit nervous and I'm pretty tough. You know I got into a few fights when I was growing up...but it scared me a little bit."

He's a mad man I tell ya. Mothers will flip many tables.

21 Pilots Squaddy Music Video

//youtube.com/watch?v=UprcpdwuwCgyoutube thumb

Run time and actual tone of the film are still unknown other than that its PG-13. So its not going to be a Deadpool with a Harley and Joker sex montage and her pegging him with a rubber chicken.
No.46438
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46437

Jared Leto: King of the Tryhards.
No.46439
Anonymous
Replies:>>46440
>>46438

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/suicide-squad-star-jared-leto-calls-joker-role-lifetime

I feel in the scheme of it all he'll come off as a rather pedestrian take on the Joker.

I'm seeing a review now "For what edge the movie proclaims to have, its a rather dull one."
No.46440
Anonymous
>>46439
>>46438
The early buzz from people who have watched the test screenings, is that Leto's Joker is OK but not worth all the ABSOLUTE MADMAN hype, and that Robbie did a better job as Harley Quinn.
No.46441
Anonymous
>>46440
Unsurprising.
No.46443
Anonymous
>>46440
Well that makes more sense if rumors pan out that he's just the b plot.

//youtube.com/watch?v=iaUcLzxMFq4youtube thumb

But hey people always love playing the Joker.
save file
image:146787982800.png(395kB , 636x359 , tmp_5591-hogrugbaj85zominb1ri-1807014215.png)
http://io9.gizmodo.com/aquaman-and-cyborg-get-their-close-ups-in-these-batman-1782901327

Kinda hope they go to the cartoons for some of Cyborgs personality.

Being upbeat would be a nice contrast to his look and history.
save file
image:146835396500.jpg(72kB , 500x742 , CnI5K3AUcAA0eCO-7eee0.jpg)
First look at Wally's Kid Flash costume in live-action. Nice.
No.46519
Anonymous
Replies:>>46521
>>46518
Such a strange thing. Television goes pretty hardcore at paying homage to costumes and characters, for the most part.

And movies literally shoot them in the face for Lulz.
No.46520
Anonymous
Replies:>>46521
>>46518
This for the show or the movies? I actually like it, so I'm thinking the show, because I can't imagine the movies allowing Kid Flash to look that good.
No.46521
Anonymous
Replies:>>46524
>>46520
the Flash tv show.
>>46519
It depends a little, as some of the TV costumes can be shut and some movie costumes can work, but generally, yeah. The TV shows do a much better job, as seen here. I liked Jay's costume too. Can't wait to see what else they can do with the characters, costumewise.
No.46524
Anonymous
>>46521
Ah damn. Knew it. Have we gotten a good look at the official design for Flash in the movies? Only reason I still care at this point is because Rick Famuyiwa is directing. Hopefully he won't get chased out like the guy who was originally going to direct it.
No.46525
Anonymous
http://www.blastr.com/2016-6-27/justice-league-costume-designer-what-expect-flashs-big-screen-redesign

>"Okay, so when Zack and I started talking about Flash, he loved the idea that because this is the first time we're establishing this character in our cinematic universe, that's it's kind of like a prototype suit. He's discovering his powers, he's working out what his thing is, and he is testing things. Some things work, some things don't work. Some things are in development. And so this suit is incredibly beaten up. This is a suit that's being assembled. If you look this way, that is the full suit how it appears in the movie.

>It’s a prototype suit. It's something that is designed to protect him when he moves incredibly fast through space. And so we studied aerodynamics and vehicle design. What moves through space the fastest? We have this sense of rigid pieces at the front that deflect towards the back....There's a sense of a blade like in a plane wing here, and then venting back here. So it all feels very aerodynamic. He's testing different materials. You can see smooth materials like tech materials. We figured he's an incredibly smart, resourceful young man."
No.46526
Anonymous
Also wonder woman

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/12/wonder-woman-synopsis-revealed/

>“Wonder Woman” hits movie theaters around the world next summer when Gal Gadot returns as the title character in the epic action adventure from director Patty Jenkins. Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, when an American pilot crashes on their shores and tells of a massive conflict raging in the outside world, Diana leaves her home, convinced she can stop the threat. Fighting alongside man in a war to end all wars, Diana will discover her full powers…and her true destiny.

So not active for about 4,950 odd years give or take a little off for growing up. Guessing WWII is what burns her out and makes her go back into seclusion.

Same classic original origin just WWI instead of II
No.46531
Anonymous
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dark-sinister-new-speedster-zooms-onto-the-flash-in-new-set-photos
Looks like the season 3 big bad might be another speedster. Wonder who it is.
No.46614
Anonymous
It's finally time.

She's here.

//youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NMyoutube thumb
No.46615
Anonymous
Replies:>>46616
Justice League is here too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o
No.46616
Anonymous
Replies:>>46617
>>46615

Wonder Woman looks way better. Then again, Wonder Woman is closer to being finished.
No.46617
Anonymous
>>46616
I intend to see both, but I am less cautious about Wonder Woman. It looks like a better film so far.
No.46618
Anonymous
Wonder Woman looks pretty cool, but it's hard to tell if it's got anything going for it beyond being a cool action flick. I'm assuming it's a prequel since everything looks pretty WWII era.
The Justice League trailer looks better than the BvS ones but still not great. A lot of the dialogue is cringey.
No.46619
Anonymous
>>46618

World War I, actually.

And the Justice League trailer was awful. Way to bring up Aquaman's "talking to fish" powers as a gag line and do nothing to undercut the joke, WB. Classy move, reminding audiences that one of the main characters in a major tentpole film has been a cultural joke for decades. Should've just put him in orange spandex and gotten it over with.
No.46620
Anonymous
>>46619
I didn't mind the line as much. It wasn't very funny or necessary, but I don't think it undercut AquaDrago at all.
This trailer just seemed like it was trying too hard to ape the Avengers, but I did like a couple scenes in there. Also, speaking of cringe, that scene of Aquaman with the booze makes me think we're going to get a joke about him "drinking like a fish".
save file
image:146931254600.jpg(311kB , 1024x704 , jl.jpg)
So, they are not even pretending that Superman won't be back.

>>46619
Aquaman being "that guy who talks with fishes" is something so deeply ingrained in how people see him, that avoiding it would do no good. IMO, it's better to not be afraid of that perception and in fact joke about it.
No.46622
Anonymous
Replies:>>46645
>>46618
>>46619
I don't know that much about the Wonder Woman comic mythos or Steve Trevor, but I wouldn't mind it if she stays an item with Trevor until he dies of old age some time before BvS, and she moves on with her immortal life, knowing it wasn't going to last forever but having had a good time with him until the end. Kinda like the opposite of Thor/Jane.
No.46623
Anonymous
>>46621

It's not the joke, so much as WB did nothing in the trailer to undercut its impact other than have Jason Momoa look either like a perfume ad model or a grumpy sourpuss. They didn't give him a badass moment or do anything to dispel the notion that he's a joke. Even the Ant-Man trailers had Ant-Man doing something "cool" to help off-set the "yes, I'm 'Ant-Man'" vibe.

I get that his action scenes may not be shot yet. But they should've waited for those scenes before making Aquaman a joke all over again. At least those action scenes would've helped undercut the joke.
No.46625
Anonymous
Today has been quite a day for live-action DC characters.
No.46626
Anonymous
>>46621
Much better Booyah.

Just get him to have a giant squid swat a dude or something else impressive with creature control.
Replies:>>46724
save file
image:146932762000.png(742kB , 900x506 , Roman_Reigns_bio.png)
Aquaman kind of looks like this guy.
Replies:>>46638
save file
image:146933352800.jpg(62kB , 609x401 , CoFAk18UMAAu3BY.jpg)
Wonder Woman looks awesome as fuck. Justice League looks generic as fuck. Fuck.

Getting vibes of Thor from The Ultimates when I look at Aquaman. That Batarang scene is classic Snyder, and by that I mean it's too over-the-top to take seriously and goes on too long. The vibe I'm getting from the JL teaser is that instead of WB telling Snyder to ape Christopher Nolan, he now has to ape all the Marvel movies. Grim or cheesy, Justice League is just screaming mediocre at this point.
No.46636
Anonymous
Still not sure if i like Cyborg's costume. New Flash looks unbelievably awful. I hope his solo film's costume isn't quite this bad. At least Aquaman looks good. But batting 3/6 with the costumes alone doesn't bode too well.
No.46638
Anonymous
>>46635

>That Batarang scene is classic Snyder, and by that I mean it's too over-the-top to take seriously and goes on too long.

But how are you supposed to know Flash is a speedster if you don't see the entire world slow down around him in a two-minute scene that could be accomplished in five seconds by showing him moving at super-speed in "real time"?
No.46644
Anonymous
Replies:>>46654
They're not even done filming JL at this point. I don't expect much from it because it's Snyder but that sneak peek doesn't have cause to make me super worried yet. Least of all a goddamn Angry Joe meltdown.
No.46645
Anonymous
Replies:>>46646
>>46622
The opposite of Captain America and Agent Carter too.
No.46646
Anonymous
>>46645

Still he'd been well into the modern era. Maybe they are already rewriting that bit of her being thousands of years old and the becoming a recluse up until BvS. Which I wouldn't mind BTW.
No.46654
Anonymous
Replies:>>46655
>>46644
>Least of all a goddamn Angry Joe meltdown.
Let me guess. He feels they're aping Marvel and they should've stuck with their CLEARLY DELIBERATE AND INTENTIONAL decision of making them dark?
No.46655
Anonymous
>>46654
He's convinced they're shafting Superman.
No.46657
Anonymous
Replies:>>46659
Perhaps I got it wrong, but the footage sorta implies that Bruce gives Flash his costume? The scene gave a strong vibe to Tony recruiting Spidey in Civil War, and I am not sure if I like that.

Also, say what you want about the talking to fishes joke, but IMO Aquaman had the best and coolest shot, him walking into the raging waves.
No.46658
Anonymous
At first I thought Rick Famuyiwa was a strange choice for Flash given who he was replacing, and they only hired him because he was an indie darling, but after seeing this Barry in action I think he's actually a really good fit for the characte.
No.46659
Anonymous
>>46657
I did like that. Also, I did kind of like Bruce throwing a batarang, but most of the trailer just didn't leave me excited. Then again, it's only the first trailer and the movie isn't finished yet.
No.46660
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=urBQ1a00xbEyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=wHZFAO9Vw0Yyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=F1O-SJFEDm4youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=xGfNDFILyYUyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=GozdxQ25eAUyoutube thumb

A whole bunch of trailers for DC tv shows. No Supergirl season 2 trailer yet, but Lucifer, Gotham, Legends, Flash, and Arrow are in there.
save file
image:146963949200.jpg(156kB , 1920x1080 , youtu.be-38Cy_Qlh7VM.jpg)
//youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VMyoutube thumb

Nailed it. Snyder is too focused being a "visionary" instead of being a good storyteller. The batarang scene from Justice League is another example of Snyder trying to make an iconic moment, instead of an actual scene.
No.46674
Anonymous
Ezra Miller sounds a lot like Chris Evans.
No.46675
Anonymous
>>46673
He's a great Cinematographer, he get needs a partner or a guiding hand director to really pull it all together.

All w got right now is a Cinematographer trying to be a director and falling short and not really understanding why.
No.46676
Anonymous
>>46675
Agreed.
No.46677
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46673

>that bit of 300

To borrow a phrase from the pro wrestling fandom: FUCKING BURIED.
No.46678
Anonymous
Replies:>>46679
>>46675
>He's a great Cinematographer

Actually, Larry Fong, the guy who's the Cinematographer in most of Snyder's films, is the great Cinematographer. He is the major reason why 300, Sucker Punch, Watchmen, and BvS look so great.
No.46679
Anonymous
Replies:>>46686
>>46678
Then what the heck does Snyder do then? Why is he always lugging around those giant cameras?
No.46680
Anonymous
Replies:>>46681
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/confirmed-geoff-johns-is-the-new-president-of-dc-entertainment
Welp.....
No.46681
Anonymous
Replies:>>46685
>>46680

Could be worse Dan DiDio could have gotten the job.
No.46685
Anonymous
>>46681
Yeah. That would have been significantly worse. Fucking Krankor.
No.46686
Anonymous
>>46679
Lugging around giant cameras isn't even the cinematographer's job.
save file
image:146973967500.jpg(96kB , 768x960 , 13892062_166913667052659_2174400278425199594_n.jpg)
No.46695
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46694

Holy fucking shit. That Superman looks like a doofus.
No.46696
Anonymous
>>46694
An actual Belt is a good idea.
No.46697
Anonymous
Replies:>>46698
>>46694
Man, that's some bad casting. Even if he can act the part, Superman's look has become so iconic at this point you got to have a guy with a certain kind of face or it just looks wrong, like he does there.
save file
image:146976586600.jpg(2.28MB , 1980x2819 , Tyler_Hoechlin_SDCC_2014_(cropped).jpg)
>>46697

I think its partly a bad photoshop and using those stupid Snyder filters that are the problem.

Seen other pics of him and I think he'll be fine. He face doesn't look near as narrow as it does in that promo.
No.46699
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>46700
>>46694
It's just a bad photo, he's not the best but he's passable, his costume is fucking amazing though.
No.46700
Anonymous
Replies:>>46701
>>46699
Well couldn't get one that would outshine the movie. Though if Cain comes back as Cyborg Supes. Now it's a party.
save file
image:146982973800.jpg(61kB , 640x1136 , 1469827441399.jpg)
>>46700
>outshine the movie.

Dunno, I like him better.
No.46703
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46702

Meh on the suit, but that is a much better-looking photo of him as Superman.
No.46704
Anonymous
>>46701
>>46702

I see some tabs on the corners of his shield. If he does the Superman 2 Shield pull shenanigans, I'm actually okay with that level of cheese. Especially if whomever he wraps up starts freaking out. "What did he just fling at me, WHAT IS THIS!!!."
No.46705
Anonymous
So, who's the guy who decided that the material the basketball balls are made of, is so awesome that superhero costumes MUST be made of it?

Because I want to punch that guy.
No.46706
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46705

I believe it has to do with the general look of such suits when being filmed. Spandex would look a bit dumb, and you can't really go full-leather like the X-Men outfits. “Weave” patterns are the best possible compromise between the two. (And at least with MCU!Black Panther, it makes sense given how his suit is made with a vibranium weave.)
No.46707
Anonymous
>>46705
Textured costumes look better from afar. Spandex tends to make them too shiny or unrealistic in motion.
Replies:>>46710
save file
image:146985712100.jpg(333kB , 1405x2108 , SPGSet01-0021.jpg)
No comment needed.
No.46710
Anonymous
>>46708
That camera guy knows whats up.
No.46711
Anonymous
>>46701
>>46702
He looks kinda like Brett Dalton.
No.46712
Anonymous
Replies:>>46713
So is he going to appear in his Street clothes? And will he be more Fashion Model or Beat Reporter. I think more the latter seeing how into the lore these folks are. Prepare to be embarrassed by Superman, "James".
No.46713
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46712

What do you want Superman to be, a fucking Wall Street stock trader? I’m not sure if you know this, but there are these things called “news wires”, and before the Internet was a thing, news wires were how newspapers and TV stations and such learned about events outside the local bubble before papers went out and broadcasts were aired. Superman—Clark Kent, really—became a reporter for what is essentially a fictional version of The New York Times precisely because it put him in a position to see tons of news wires and figure out where Superman was most needed.

If you’re upset about “the lore”, maybe think about why the lore is the way it is.
Replies:>>46721
save file
image:147000500600.png(287kB , 618x571 , Screenshot 2016-07-31 at 5.00.21 PM.png)
This ain't encouraging at all.
save file
image:147000582500.png(106kB , 606x426 , Screenshot 2016-07-31 at 5.56.01 PM.png)
>>46720
False alarm?
No.46722
Anonymous
Replies:>>46723
so according to early screeners.

No notions of abuse in the Harley Joker relationship.

Odd choice in my opinion given who we are dealing with. But we'll see how it pans out.
No.46723
Anonymous
Replies:>>46725
>>46722
Could indicate that they're intending to dodge that bullet altogether rather than try tackle it clumsily and make things worse due to not having any Paul Dini to pull it off properly.
No.46724
Anonymous
Replies:>>46727
>>46630
Marvel Namor.
No.46725
Anonymous
>>46723
Just turning them into Bonnie and Clyde is a bit of a loss IMO

But hey maybe it'll work for them. I doubt it since Joker being an abusive ass and Harley coming to understand that his love wasn't something she needed was a growth point and without that I don't see what they can do with the one they are grooming to be their Deadpool
No.46727
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46728
>>46724

…Roman Levram?
No.46728
Anonymous
Replies:>>46729
>>46727
He's not a good Atlantean.
He's not a bad Atlantean.
He's the Atlantean.
No.46729
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46730
>>46728

AND HE STILL FUCKING SUCKS
No.46730
Anonymous
Replies:>>46731
>>46729
Aquaman, Namor, or Roman Reigns?
No.46731
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46732
save file
image:147006134300.jpg(25kB , 736x414 , c3d5414896f3f1667d249e3f798171ea.jpg)
>>46731
No.46735
Anonymous
Speaking of things of Wrassle and DC. Cody Rhodes will be in Arrow next season. How cool would it be that Arrow just turns into a simulacrum of those 90s MMA Shows they'd air in the late afternoon on Saturdays.

Episode always ends up in a Ring type arena, for reasons. Plenty of former Superstars around nowadays that could join in on the fun.

Ollie is the Face with the bitchy Heel manager that nobody likes. Shorter than Raw and a lot more storyline. Just like the old Attitude Era (I miss it so much).
No.46736
Anonymous
>>46735
That would be interesting, though I am still not sure. However, it makes me really want to see Brock Lesnar as Blockbuster with Paul Heyman as Roland Desmond.
No.46737
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46735

>How cool would it be that Arrow just turns into a simulacrum of those 90s MMA Shows they'd air in the late afternoon on Saturdays.

Probably not so much.

>Just like the old Attitude Era (I miss it so much).

=====b

No but seriously your nostalgia blinds you to the fact that 90% of the Attitude Era was unwatchable shit, but you loved it because you were younger and it felt “rebellious” to watch a show aimed more towards the drunken adults in the live audience than the more “family-friendly” shows put out by WWE these days. I suggest getting into Lucha Underground if you want “pro wrestling meets hour-long adult-oriented campy drama”.

OKAY back to DC discussion dammit.
No.46738
Anonymous
Back on the subject of DC, I am curious about season 2 of Supergirl and also the big crossover coming between that, Flash, Arrow, and Legends. The obvious route would be Crisis on Infinite Earths, but I am still a bit unsure about that. As cool as it would be, would it be too large scale for the DC tv universe, or too soon at least. Plus, that storyline killed off Supergirl and Barry Allen (only for them to come back) so there would definiyely have to be differences. If anything, I can see them scaling it down, not killing those characters for obvious reasons, and just using it to bring Kara and her cast into the main universe.
Replies:>>46740
save file
image:147008867100.jpg(128kB , 1920x888 , 1470071245067.jpg)
Gal Gadot is actually very well cast as a giant women.
No.46740
Anonymous
Replies:>>46741
>>46739
Never got those complaints about her. 5'9" is actually rather tall for most women. If it's about not looking bulky enough, I've seen Daisy Ridley deadlift a really heavy barbell at girl's ottermode.
No.46741
Anonymous
>>46740
Yeah, but I wouldn't cast Daisy Ridley as Wonder Woman.

She's lovely and beautiful and absolutely someone I'd gleefully gay date, but muh Wondy is a brickhouse.
No.46743
Jumpman
Replies:>>46744
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/

The funposting never ends.
No.46744
Anonymous
>>46743
Shit. Now Wonder Woman's got even more riding on its coattails.
Replies:>>46747
save file
image:147016889300.jpg(73kB , 1199x237 , Co3zPjcVMAAy1De.jpg)
No.46747
Anonymous
>>46746
/tv/ is in full frothing-from-the-mouth mode right now.

Alos, if it is true that the Joker barely has five minutes of screentime in the movie, damn, that won't help to put good word of mouth out there. The hype train made a lot of people think they were going to see the Joker at least as a secondary character, not just an extended cameo.
No.46748
Anonymous
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/02/fans-start-petition-to-shut-down-rotten-tomatoes

This is getting ridiculous.
No.46749
Anonymous
>>46748
>We need this site to be shut down because It's Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews, Like
>DC Extended Universe

...Extended from what?
No.46750
Anonymous
Replies:>>46751
>>46748
>"RT is mean to DC films!"
>all the Nolan films have good to great reviews
uwotm8
No.46751
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46750

And RT only aggregates reviews; it doesn't write them.

And RT is partially owned by WB.
No.46752
Anonymous
My thinking. Waller gets the okay to form the Squad. Then proceeds to round up the villains from all their hideouts and hangouts. Harley being last on the list.

They go after Jokers hideout he's just sitting there.

"I was wondering when you'd come and get me. I baked a pie for the occasion."

Joker tosses a pie at one of the team *Splat* and they go down screaming and gargling. Eastwood rushes forward and smacks Joker in the gut with his rifle and pins him to the ground.

"Woops, *haughtily* "Caution: contents may be hot". HA HA HA HA!!

Eastwood cracks him in the face with the rifle. "Stuff it clown. Where's Quinn?"

Joker a bit bleeding blows a raspberry at Eastwood. "Why do you want the help? I thought you wanted the "Best of the Worst" HA HA HA HA!"

Eastwood leans down and whispers in Jokers ear who's face changes to wry understanding grin. "Remind me never to get on the bad side of your boss. Worse than the Bat from the sound of it. HARLEY!!!!"

Door opens near the side and in walks Harley.

"What's up puddin?"

Two of the team move up behind Quinn and grab her by the arms.

"Hey! Whats the big idea?"

Eastwood gets up off the Joker and starts moving back towards the exit keeping his gun trained on him.

Joker brushes himself off. "Bye bye, Harl. Do try to make it back in one piece. If you can HA HA HA HA."

Better Cameo for Joker than what we got from the sound of things.
save file
image:147023150100.jpg(219kB , 817x1222 , tmp_26568-1470200627314-1497643276.jpg)
In other news, feeling quite Super.
No.46756
Anonymous
Replies:>>46767
>>46755
>still shorter than Jimmy
Why did they think making Jimmy Olsen into a coolcat sexpot was a good idea again?
save file
image:147025174400.png(854kB , 1080x1920 , 1470233721260.png)
Replies:>>46760
save file
image:147025191000.jpg(67kB , 349x524 , suicide_squad_illo_by_jonathan_carlson.jpg)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693

>Though the studio believed there was enough time to get the movie done, a source with ties to the project says it was a sprint from the start. "[Ayer] wrote the script in like, six weeks, and they just went," he says, arguing that the whole process would have benefited if Ayer, 48, had been given more time to work.

>Seasoned directors are expensive, meaning studios turn to those with less experience, relying on instinct that they will be up to the job. Sometimes it works (Colin Trevorrow on Jurassic World), and sometimes it doesn't (James Bobin on Alice Through the Looking Glass).

>A key concern for Warners executives was that Suicide Squad didn't deliver on the fun, edgy tone promised in the strong teaser trailer for the film. So while Ayer pursued his original vision, Warners set about working on a different cut, with an assist from Trailer Park, the company that had made the teaser.

>Other sources describe a fraught process — one cites "a lot of panic and ego instead of calmly addressing the tonal issue." Clearly all wasn't sitting right with Ayer, who in June suddenly dropped his longtime agent at CAA and defected to WME, though the agency won him back in a day. "He was under a lot — a lot — of pressure," says one person with knowledge of the situation, arguing that Ayer was exhausted and needed time to process conflicting ideas.

It's sort of amazing how fast everything falls apart.
No.46759
Anonymous
Oh for fuck's sake I was afraid this was going to happen. The execs panicked after BvS and went too far in the other direction out of fear over Ayer's film.
No.46760
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46758

How’s that “filmmaker-driven” line workin’ for you now, WB/DC? Yeesh.

Also, on the subject of the DC fanboy backlash to critics of the DC Cinematic/Extended/“Filmmaker-Driven” Universe (or whatever nickname they’re using these days), this is a good tweetstorm: https://twitter.com/normwilner/status/760874186378244097

But hey, at least Ayer didn’t metaphorically compare the film’s negative reception to the Mexican Revolution by quoting Emiliano Zapata!

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/david-ayer-responds-to-suicide-squad-mixed-reviews-by-comparing-his-plight-to-mexican-peasants

…oh.
No.46761
Anonymous
Now people are concerned that Flash won't make it across the finish line since its already pretty troubled with production issues.
No.46762
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46761

I’m beginning to think the Batfleck film won’t even make it into production. Diminishing returns and all that.

To think that DC’s film universe depends on a kind of film that has historically done poorly with critics and bombed at box offices—a female-led superhero film—is astonishing.
No.46763
Anonymous
>>46762

It looks solid enough and it could work since it sound like they know what they are doing and what's been seen so far looks good. But then there is the part that is unseen and that is the meddling Executives that don't understand and start demanding edits even though they don't know what they want either.
No.46764
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46763

The WB execs know, on a base level, what they want: Marvel Studio’s success, but with DC characters. But beyond that…yeah…
No.46765
The Sneaky Tiki
WHAT? WB is a clusterfuck that poisons everything?

The clearly gonna be a clusterfuck from day one Suicide Squad movie is a clusterfuck?

I for one am shocked by these events.
No.46766
Anonymous
>>46762
>>46763
Batman has always been able to put butts in theater seats, so I doubt WB will bail out on that, specially considering the consensus even among people who disliked the film was that Affleck was a fine Batman. Hell, even the disaster that was Batman & Robin made enough bank to (barely) not be considered a flop.
No.46767
The Sneaky Tiki
>>46755

Nice.

>>46756

Because Superman regards Jimmy as a friend and equal so what the fuck difference does his height make?
No.46768
Anonymous
Replies:>>46769
>>46761
>BvS
Plagued because they let Snyder have too much control when Nolan and others wanted him to reign it in. Also because execs also screwed up his movie with shitty editing when his uncut movie is far more coherent, though still not great.
>Suicide Squad
Executives run roughshod over Ayers' original vision, in a less extreme mirror of what happened with Daredevil.

Really the only solution for DC is to go the Deadpool route and not chase blockbusters as much as do multiple smaller-budget projects and let them bloom organically, so if any of them turn out to be duds it won't hurt as much, and if they succeed, they can learn from that, and reap the rewards.
No.46769
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46768

>the only solution for DC is to go the Deadpool route and not chase blockbusters as much as do multiple smaller-budget projects and let them bloom organically, so if any of them turn out to be duds it won't hurt as much, and if they succeed, they can learn from that, and reap the rewards

This would honestly be the best approach. Shit, they can even go the Deadpool route by looking into the B- and C-list DC roster for potential standalone movies. (And standalone movies should be the goal here; the whole “connected universe” thing is part of what is dragging down Marvel’s efforts lately.)
Replies:>>46772
save file
image:147026497600.png(573kB , 752x719 , 1470264667187.png)
We are full on Sonic Cycling this.
save file
image:147026517700.png(11kB , 544x205 , 1470243282376.png)
This is even less kind than I thought.
No.46772
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46770

Can we call it the Crisis Cycle here?
No.46773
Anonymous
>>46771
>Worse than Green Lantern

Green Lantern asked the audience to buy into the idea that none of the Lantern Corps' members before Hal Jordan, not even the supposed elite, thought of luring Parallax near a star and then just punching him into it.

Suicide Squad might be bad, but I strongly doubt it's that abhorrent.
No.46774
Anonymous
Replies:>>46775
>>46771
>Worse than 'Fantastic Four'
Literally impossible. At least SS had decent trailers.
No.46775
Anonymous
>>46774
Maybe they mean the one with Chris Evans and Jessica Alba. I can believe that, I actually liked that movie as a guilty pleasure.
No.46776
Anonymous
>>46775
Yea I don't really mind those two. Chiklis was a great Ben Grimm.
Replies:>>46778
save file
image:147027521000.png(504kB , 1079x448 , the-dceu.png)
>>46762
>I’m beginning to think the Batfleck film won’t even make it into production. Diminishing returns and all that.

If anything, WB is gonna dump more millions on Affleck to make his Batman movie happen sooner than later. It's the only DC franchise WB has complete faith in, and they trust Affleck more than they trust Snyder with Justice League. The Batman will be left alone, but Wonder Woman and Justice League will no doubt face some executive meddling, following the poor reception of Suicide Squad. Justice League the most, because Snyder's fuckup with Batman v Superman badly damaged the DC movie brand.

There absolutely no excuse at this point. WB knows how to make good movies. Their history of making superhero movies is actually longer than Marvel Studios'. And yet, the highest rated DCEU movie is Man of Steel at 55%. It's frustrating. It's even more frustrating to see fanboys excuse these countless failures with piss-poor scapegoats such as

>Disney is bribing the critics!
>Critics didn't blindly hate Ghostbuster like I did, so how can I ever trust them!
>It was 2Deep4U and anyone brainwashed by Marvel's popcorn movies!
>ROTTEN TOMATOES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And it's not gonna get any better when the DC filmmakers are beginning to parrot the "Fuck Marvel" talk. This is the cinematic superheroverse you deserve, fellas.
No.46778
Anonymous
>>46777
>and they trust Affleck more than they trust Snyder with Justice League.

I wonder if they are going all the way through it, and just let Affleck direct the Batman movie.
No.46779
Anonymous
Replies:>>46780
>>46775
...I liked the part in the new one where they got their powers.
Really made it more... horror-y.
No.46780
Anonymous
Replies:>>46782
>>46779
Which is the wrong tone, Fantastic Four should be about adventure, not horror.
save file
image:147032867600.png(352kB , 318x355 , 1424551879994.png)
Wow, that anti-RT petition has over 10k signatures.
No.46782
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46783
>>46780

I don't think that was a horrible decision. Fox not trying to chase the traditional Marvel formula with Fant4stic could’ve actually worked.

The problem lied in the horrible, awful, no-good, very bad execution of the “superhero body horror” idea.
No.46783
Anonymous
>>46782

You want to tick the box and go Horror Adventure the you've got to go the route of 70s/80s Horror.
Replies:>>46787
save file
image:147033704200.jpg(193kB , 613x967 , 1470329770214.jpg)
I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up better than the actual film.

(Also: dat Killer Frost.)
No.46785
Anonymous
Replies:>>46786
It's now sitting at 28%. Jesus christ.
No.46786
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46789
>>46785

It's almost as if the film isn't all that good! But that can’t be it. It’s gotta be Marvel buying off critics! It’s because this was made for DC fans, so all the normies won’t get it! It’s because critics just hate superhero movies now! It’s because…because…uh, shit, someone got another weaksauce argument used by rabid fanboys to justify their unflinching, unwavering, uncritical devotion to DC?
No.46787
Anonymous
>>46784
Odd how they don't change any names, not even the title.

Also, not cool that Axel Braun is all HAW HAW MY PRON VERSION IS BETTER and shitting all over the movie on Twitter.
No.46788
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46790
http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-brief-history-of-suicide-squad-being-the-worst-place-1784804309

Question to WB, Ayer, and the cast and crew of this film: Was all that worth it?
No.46789
Anonymous
>>46786
Yet another reason I'm hoping WW will turn out good, though the fanboys will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot by claiming it's because the critics are all feminazis, and continue on with their oppression olympics as the DCfag underclass being stepped on by the Big Marvel Mouse Man.
No.46790
Anonymous
>>46788
>Method Acting: THE MOVIE.

That's the sorta thing a director is supposed to corral and temper NOT PARTICIPATE IN!!

That quote about Viral Horniness maybe some truth to Margot getting a bit of Spit Roast action from Will Smith and Ben Affleck. Give another reason to hold ones breath for five minutes.
No.46791
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=nsyNWktNYHAyoutube thumb

Good showing damn Corey was pissed having to hand down that Bullshit

RLM is going to be a treat when they get theirs out.
Replies:>>46797
save file
image:147038452200.gif(1.35MB , 400x214 , laughingevansss.gif)
And the Chris Evans gifs keep on coming.
No.46797
Anonymous
Replies:>>46798
>>46792
I don't even know where that's from but I love it.
No.46798
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46797

It’s an edit from Rocky IV, I believe.
No.46800
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46801
It was inevitable. It had to happen. But 20 minutes? Hooooooooooly shit.

//youtube.com/watch?v=X5tSpgU96WYyoutube thumb

*ding*
No.46801
Anonymous
>>46800
It's too bad CinemaSins are unfunny twats, in better hands it would be great.
No.46803
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46804
>>46801

On the bright side, their better “sins”—the ones that aren’t ridiculous nitpicking or bad jokes—are solid arguments about story structure, narrative thrust, and basic storytelling logic, which are necessary to know when you want to talk about why BvS sucked.

(At least the film got a few sins off for Batman badassery. You’re alright, Batfleck.)
No.46804
Anonymous
>>46803

think Affleck will confer with Kevin Smith about writing the stories for the Batman solo films.
No.46805
Anonymous
>>46804
So, we will see Batman pissing himself in live action?
No.46806
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=26vgMGS3INAyoutube thumb

Angry Joe seems to like it a lot. Though it's interesting that a lot of the things he praised are things the critics agreed were there but felt unearned.
No.46808
Jumpman
>>46801
There's always Honest Trailers.

//youtube.com/watch?v=NrjneJvS6dkyoutube thumb
Replies:>>46822
save file
image:147048585300.jpg(671kB , 985x1500 , Skeevy retcon ahoy.jpg)
>>46804
Kevin Smith is a fat greasy hack
No.46822
Anonymous
Replies:>>46823
>>46820
Really I don’t care as long as Joker isn't the villain. I don't want to hear another film being six months of method bullshit just because we get one that can't act without thinking he's crazy.

A Batman film with Leto Joker is not something I'd look forward to.
No.46823
Anonymous
Replies:>>46824
>>46822
On the other hand, I seriously doubt other director would be as permissive to sych antics as Ayer.
No.46824
Anonymous
>>46823
If Affleck can make him stop that bullshit that only ends up alienating the cast then fine.
No.46825
Anonymous
Replies:>>46826
Method acting is OK as long as it is something that you keep for yourself, suffering for your art is commendable, but not so much if you force others to suffer with you.

Like, what Daniel Day Lewis does may be a bit too much, but for the most part he only puts himself through the wringer. On the oner hand, I recall that during the filming of My Left Foot he spent all the time in a wheelchair, and the film staff had to move him around and give him food and drinks by hand, which I suspect wasn't fun at all for the involved.
No.46826
Anonymous
>>46825
Lincoln was apparently that way with him as well.

Those are the types that were parodied in Tropic Thunder as with RDJ character who kept up the gag even in the commentary and Ben Stiller's character had fallen from grace as a method actor that just took it too far. "Never go full retard." as the film quote goes.

You want to lock yourself in your room and pour over this stuff to get in character, fine. But don't be an abusive ass and subject the rest of your fellow actors to your bullshit because you don't have a reliable way to "turn it off" when the camera isn't rolling.
No.46827
Anonymous
Replies:>>46833
In essence, emulate Ledger as the joker, not Leto.
No.46831
Anonymous
Replies:>>46834
Apparently Suicide Squad is smashing the box office records so... uh... welp. Looks like we're gonna be stuck with this DCEU...

Is it terrible that I just wanted it to bomb horribly like Sony's second Spider-Man series? I just want a good movies of these characters. If these movies rake in the money though, it's just going to continue down this dark path...
No.46833
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46837
>>46827

Eh, I wouldn’t say that. It actually wasn’t a horrible decision to make Joker a gangster with a modern flair; for a good chunk of his history, Joker has been a gangster—an insane murder-happy gangster, but a gangster nonetheless—so a modern take on that could’ve turned out good. But Leto is a tryhard ass, the script probably didn’t do him any favors, and the WB-approved edits to the film sure as fuck didn’t help.

And besides, aping Ledger’s Joker would’ve gotten him accusations of being a Ledger wannabe, which…well, I doubt it would’ve hurt the film more, but it sure as hell wouldn’t have helped.
No.46834
Anonymous
>>46831

nah, kinda wanted it to underperform so maybe they'd refocus. Maybe it can still be saved since Geoff Johns only came on after all of these were too far along to manage.

might still blow out since despite the opening for BvS being strong it cratered the following week.

I really hope this can be saved from the Transformers "as long as it makes money." path.

Here is to it making about 500k as that would be well below their projected returns but big enough that they'll let the new guy retune everything so that this will not be some bizzare echo of 90s edge.
No.46835
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46834

>might still blow out since despite the opening for BvS being strong it cratered the following week.

And word is that the film won’t play in China, either, which severely limits its overseas earning potential.
No.46836
Anonymous
>>46834
>I really hope this can be saved from the Transformers "as long as it makes money." path.

It's a funny coincidence because Transformers is the other thing I love a lot.

by funny I mean it makes me miserable inside.
No.46837
Anonymous
Replies:>>46838
>>46833
What I meant is in the method. Ledger creeped out his Co stars because of his method, but it wasn't because he set out to be that way like that loser Leto did. If you're going to do method, look at ledger's performance rather than this tryhard dweeb.
No.46838
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46837

>Ledger creeped out his Co stars because of his method

Wasn’t that mainly while he was doing actual scenes and not off-camera/“backstage”? I don’t recall hearing about him sending dead animals or gross-out items to Christian Bale or Michael Caine.
No.46839
Anonymous
Replies:>>46841
I think the thing that bothers me the most about the marketing and the reshot version of Suicide Squad is just how ridiculously Hot Topic it all screams.
No.46841
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46839

It’s a corporate version of “edgy”.
No.46842
Anonymous
>>46838
Yeah. There's literally videos of him shooting the shit with his co-stars between takes.
Hell, that's where the skateboarding thing came from too, wasn't it?
No.46846
Anonymous
>>46838
That's... Pretty much exactly what I'm talking about. How many other ways do I have to say "Leto was awful"?
No.46847
Anonymous
Replies:>>46848
According to Michael Caine, during the filming of TDK Ledger was a chill guy, he didn't pretend to be the Joker off-camera, was friendly and jovial (the whole skating thing), and showed pics of his daughter to everybody.
No.46848
Anonymous
>>46847

Which makes me feel really bad for how things went. And why Hollywood should really clean up their entire laundry list of underground behavior.
No.46859
Anonymous
Finally watched.

It was... okay. The movie is often an incoherent mess and you can feel the studio meddling at every turn, but it was fun and sometimes cool, nowhere near deserving the 26% on RT or the "worse than Green Lantern" claim. For the most part is an edgy version of GotG, which most likely is the reason why it's doing great at the box office.

The worst parts for me were any time the movie veered into the whole "LETS SAVE THE WORLD" plot, which was very generic and by the numbers. It didn't help that the Enchantress was a terrible and uninteresting villain.

Also, and this is coming from a person who admittedly doesn't read much of DC comics (perhaps it makes more sense there), but I still don't understand the point of putting Harley or guys who basically are "I am real good with this otherwise normal weapon" in a team that is explicitly made to take on Superman-level threats. They should have gone with the concept of a team of disposable misfits doing dirty work, keep it simple like that.
No.46860
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46861
>>46859

>I still don't understand the point of putting Harley or guys who basically are "I am real good with this otherwise normal weapon" in a team that is explicitly made to take on Superman-level threats. They should have gone with the concept of a team of disposable misfits doing dirty work, keep it simple like that.

I’m pretty sure most versions of the team lean more towards the latter than the former. (Someone feel free to confirm or correct me.) But since this film had to tie into the DCCU, WB went with the former.
No.46861
Anonymous
Replies:>>46862
>>46860

Which wears really bad on Harley being their poster girl for all of this. That and making her and Jokers relationship mutual and not a caustic mess. Really who thought that was a good idea.
No.46862
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46863
>>46861

>Really who thought that was a good idea.

The studio did. Ayer’s cut of the film supposedly laid bare the abusive nature of Harley’s relationship with Joker. But WB has spent years making Harley a “poster girl” for the DC brand—she’s on T-shirts, posters, and all other sorts of merchandise aimed at young girls and women—so the studio made the relationship more “palatable” to keep the merch train going.
No.46863
Anonymous
>>46862
Which could have been done here. We just go with the abuse she keeps going back and stuff but then at the point when he kicks her out of the chopper we start to get the idea that she doesn't want to be in this any more.

Heck you can even keep the ending, save no kissing just Harley smirks and Joker gets Batnapped and dragged out into the prison yard. Joker just starts going on a tangent about "You NEED ME. You'd be nothing without me!!! Just some two bit head shrink!"

She thinks about it for a second looking down on him Batman restraining him as he looks up.

Then Harley smirks "NAH!" Pulls a flower from a vine that was growing outside her cell. "I can do BETTA!!" Sticks her tongue out at him and just waves flippantly walking back to the other side of her cell out of frame.

Joker growls trying to lurch free from Batman who just punching him in the side of the head dazing him.

"Ohh, I'm seeing birds. Just like old times eh BATS."

Batman punches him a bit harder knocking him out.

"Shut up."

Shooters take up positions drawing a bead on Joker and Batman. Waller waves them off as Batman walks away toward his Batplane throwing the Joker inside and taking off.

Yea going a bit long in the setup and I'm writing way too much like BTAS but the idea of making her a Lovesick Moll cuts against what should be the setup if they want to keep Harley as one of their lead poster girls. Her being independent would likely go over way better.

That other bit is there because that is Paul Dini's plan if he ever gets/has to to write Harley into retirement. Harl and Red off into the sunset.
No.46866
Anonymous
Replies:>>46867
>>46859
Been hearing that a lot. It's not the worst film ever, doesn't deserve the RT beating it got but that doesn't make it good either. But stupid fanboys will use this and go HAR HAR GHOSTBUSTERS GOT GOOD RATINGS RT IS RUN BY SJWS AND MARVEL SHILLS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE anyway.
No.46867
Anonymous
>>46866
>doesn't deserve the RT beating it got
RT isn't a test score. Its just the percentage of critics who liked or disliked a movie.
No.46868
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46867

Yeah, lots of people seem to forget that RT is an aggregator of movie reviews, and its purpose as such is to offer an overview of what film critics thought of a specific film, not to judge the general public for liking or disliking a film with a certain score. A person who likes Suicide Squad isn’t a bad person for liking it despite (or even in spite of) the film’s RT score.

They’re a bad person if they go all Gamergate over said RT score, though.
No.46870
Anonymous
>>46867
I know that, I mean that most people seem to think it's still enjoyable enough for more than a quarter of reviewers to think it wasn't a total waste of their time. Although the audience/critic divide could be explained as the same thing the Mad Max game had.
No.46877
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46878
MEANWHILE, IN THE CW’S HALL OF JUSTICE:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/11/the-flash-and-supergirl-will-have-a-musical-crossover
save file
image:147094792800.jpg(98kB , 1920x1080 , 3076404-10.jpg)
>>46877
Now just get the Music Meister people want to see and everything will be golden. Wouldn't be his first time in the role.

You can't do a musical episode without him. It would just be silly.
No.46880
Jumpman
http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/an-open-letter-to-warner-bros-ceo-kevin-tsujihara-about-layoffs-zack-snyder-and-donuts.php

>What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn’t be such a mess. Don’t try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it’s another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over.

>Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn’t be such a mess. Don’t try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it’s another mess.

oh, good
No.46881
Anonymous
Replies:>>46883
>>46880

Its mostly the mentality. Marvel at its core since its inception had the Avengers as the goal to work towards and with or without Disney that is where things were going. All Disney did was allow them that extra room to move with a greater budget accelerate the time table and now with Kevin Feige on his own he's going to continue reaching as far has he can so see this work. Because at the core of this he loves it and that I feel as a lot to do with getting things right.

Geoff Johns I hope can right this ship. Not aping the tone of Donner but having that understanding of DC Heroes that Warner Bros has never had and Snyder just flat out doesn't get.

Though I wouldn't say its a bad idea bringing Donner in on maybe a production level. He made all of this possible in the first place. Assemble a brain trust of those that do get it and know how to write them and can reign in the other on some ideas.
No.46882
Anonymous
>>46880
I hate to be that guy, but what's this website's deal? Is it a blogticle site like Medium or is there actually editorial involved?
No.46883
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46886
>>46881

The primary problem with the DCCU is that the filmmakers are stuck with two major inspiration points: Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy and the “big name” comics of the ’80s and ’90s. Marvel lifted characters from the comics, but it didn’t try to go 1:1 with its adaptations or outright lift whole scenes and storylines from its most famous comics. They took specific ideas that worked, but let the characters and stories go in their own direction. Tony Stark was a bit of an alcoholic in the films, after all, but the Iron Man films never went down the Demon in a Bottle route (and that was arguably for the best). And while Marvel has its own storytelling “formula”, no MCU film has ever tried to fully duplicate another film’s aesthetic and “feel”; meanwhile, the DCCU is just trying to be “Nolanverse 2.0” with scenes and iconography lifted from ’80s and ’90s comics like The Death of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns for no reason other than “these are the books our target audience will remember the most”.

The DCCU Crew doesn’t seem to have a real understanding of the characters they’re using and why they’re so long-lived. As that video about BvS I posted earlier surmises, Snyder wants to have iconic moments without having earned those moments in the narrative. (The only “moment” in MoS that felt earned in any way was also the only “moment” that actually felt like it belonged in a Superman film, and that was The First Flight.) Marvel has “moments”, too, but they’re (mostly) earned and (mostly) feel like they work within a film’s given narrative; for as much shit people give Avengers for its flabby second act, the film earned that Avengers Assembled moment by doing everything possible to make viewers give a shit about how the Avengers would overcome their interpersonal conflicts and work together. I didn’t care about the Superman/Zod conflict (and the battle that resolved it) nearly as much.

I recall an axiom referred to as “The Eight Deadly Words of Storytelling”: “I don’t care what happens to these people.” If I don’t care what happens to the people in a story, I have no reason to give a shit about the story, no matter the medium. And if I don’t give a shit about a given story, why should I give a fuck about another story set in the same fictional universe with the same characters? That axiom alone creates all the difference between the MCU and the DCCU, at least for me—I tend to give a shit about what happens to Marvel’s characters because both the standalone narrative of a given film and the macro-narrative of the MCU give me reasons to care, but I give no fucks about DC’s characters because the narratives of the DCCU films never give me a reason to give a fuck.
No.46886
Anonymous
>>46883

>“I don’t care what happens to these people.”

Which has a greater point in the Snyder stuff since they used one of DCs crappiest missteps without improving on it one bit. In fact making it worse due to Snyder and his sloppy Christen Allegory. Death of Superman.

How can any fight Superman gets into from here on out have any weight to it?

I know these are hero movies and that they'll never actually die in the film but removing that bit kills the suspense that could be felt in close calls here on out.
No.46887
Anonymous
Replies:>>46888
>>46886
I think Death of Superman could've actually worked as an end-of-the-trilogy moment similar to "Tony Stark detonates his suits at the end of 3, says 'I am Iron Man'" or "Captain America throws down his shield at the end of Civil War". Even if he comes back, it's still the conclusion of an era within the DCCU that they can use as a passing of the torch to shift him into serving as a mentor figure for the rest of the Justice League or Kon-El and John Henry Irons.
No.46888
Anonymous
Replies:>>46889
>>46887

Oh for sure. Don't know if they'd ever want to use Steel again. But Kon-El could have had great possibilities
No.46889
Anonymous
>>46888
If they're gonna make an Aquaman movie and Supergirl TV show why not. Most people have either forgotten about the 1997 one or don't even realize it existed.
No.46891
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46886

>How can any fight Superman gets into from here on out have any weight to it?

That wraps back into the whole “earned moments” thing again. Snyder wanted iconography from The Death of Superman in BvS without doing much of anything to earn it. Now he not only has to deal with Superman’s inevitable return having no real impact whatsoever, he has to figure out, as you put it, how any more Superman-involved fights can have any dramatic weight to them. If audiences know Superman is nigh-invulnerable and able to return from near-death, how are they supposed to believe Superman’s ilfe is at stake in a fight with, say, Darkseid?

Granted, the best Superman stories aren’t about whether Superman will live—of course he will!—but about whether everyone else will live through whatever danger threatens the Man of Steel or his adoptive homeworld. But the DCCU crew doesn’t seem to get that, and I doubt they ever will. (And Snyder hates Superman, so of course he won’t.)
No.46903
Anonymous
Just came back from seeing Suicide Squad. On the whole it's not the worst movie, but parts of it really are flat-out bad. I've been finding myself disagreeing with Red Letter Media more and more but damn they were spot on with their criticisms of this film.
No.46904
Anonymous
My biggest problem with the film is how utterly boring and uninteresting the Enchantress and everything involving her was, she pretty much ranks Malekith-tier in the "i don't give a damn" factor. What's worse is that DC films always managed to have memorable antagonists (yes, even BvS Luthor, if for the wrong reasons), but other than her weirdass wiggle dance (which got old REAL fast), she's got nothing noteworthy going on.

Also, it needed to be R rated. Put nudity, swearing, gore, extreme violence in it. Not for the sake of being edgy, but it's kinda stupid to shy away from the fact that it's a movie full of bad people.
No.46905
Anonymous
Deadshot is definitely the most interesting part of the film and got the best lines, which is weird because they spent so much time playing up Joker and Harley Quinn. I don't know if it was the writing but they both just came off as a pair of edgy tryhards.
No.46906
Anonymous
Replies:>>46907
Deadshot was great, but my favorite character ended up being El Diablo, which is something I didn't expect at all.
No.46907
Anonymous
>>46906
Yeah Diablo was the other highlight of the film. Even if his role in the last act was a little out of nowhere. For some reason I was worried he was going to be a stereotype but he turned out to be a really compelling character.
Replies:>>46910
save file
image:147129593200.jpg(203kB , 938x604 , 1471291028926.jpg)
Don't really know what to think about this. So it really is the Krypton resurrection and he wasn't just weakened.
No.46910
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46909

Oh great, he's going Super Saiyan.
No.46938
Anonymous
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/16/dc-comics-comedy-tv-series-powerless-loses-its-showrunner

And the hits just keep coming.

DC can't catch a break anywhere outside of CW.

From what I saw of the pilot it was very much in tone with things like Middleman or the old Fox The Tick (animated or live action, your choice)

But I'm guessing they wanted something more in line like their old favorite The Office.

So yea this is going to take a turn. Didn't they do a similar shakeup to Constantine before its production start.
No.46939
Anonymous
Replies:>>46940
That's a shame, Powerless legit seems like a great idea.
No.46940
Anonymous
>>46939
Oh for sure. Be similar to the way She-Hulk plays out for Marvel. Guess it was too outside the box and made the executives flinch.

I can picture the meeting.

"We like what you are doing, but could you make it more..."
No.46942
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46944
And it’s “No, Snyder, no; they’ll tell of your missteps”
And every day he talks, DC gets two days nearer death

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/snyder-says-superman-isnt-dark-hes-relatable
No.46944
Anonymous
Replies:>>46945
>>46942
but that is why he's Clark. Clark is the one that is the good ol farmboy that decides to don the Superman guise so that he can help others.

>Clark had an Obit in BvS

Fucking hell I know where they are going and not liking it.

Clark Kent is not an impediment to Superman.
No.46945
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46944

From the comments:

>What is so awful about what [Deborah Snyder] says - and the fanboys who spew the same idiocy - is that ultimately it reveals what a low opinion they have of the average viewer. Not only that we need superheroes to be 'relatable' to be interested in them - because we don't have imaginations or our attention spans are shot or whatever it is they think - but also that our moral compasses are so skewed that we'd can identify with the warped morality of the characters they push. Like, we understand that Superman has to make hard moral choices. But that doesn't mean we're going to agree with the specific moral choices you make him have.

>[W]e can understand that deliberately punching your way through and exploding a gas station with people around it is not good, and nor is stepping gracefully over a thrown gas truck and allowing it to blow up the building behind you, and nor is letting a building full of innocents explode around you and flying off without saying a word, and nor is etc etc. Most of your viewers don't need to learn that these things are wrong, so why does Superman need to learn them? Because the people making the movie think the audience are morons.
No.46959
Anonymous
Replies:>>47016
Superman acts like he doesn't understand how to be a hero. But that goes against his actions earlier with the bus and on the rig as well as other places. Clark knows what it takes and that is why he's Superman.
No.47016
Anonymous
Replies:>>47017
>>46959
That movie was so full of contradictory character motivations and plotlines and just flat out inexplicable decisions I'm surprised you can even single that out as particularly egregious. Nothing about Snyder's Superman makes even the slightest bit of sense or rings true. Everything that happens happens because "this is when that sort of thing is supposed to happen in a movie," not because any of the events leading up to that moment actually lead to it.
No.47017
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47018
>>47016

Yeah, the film has very few “but, therefore”s and a lot of “and”s between scenes. (The constant flashbacks breaking up the narrative flow don't help.) This kind of thing happens when someone tries to make a character fit into a plot: Instead of plot points being the result of a character’s actions/decisions—mostly the protagonist’s—plot points exist for a character to run into. That kind of plotting creates a boring, shitty story where characters have little-to-no agency and no bearing on the plot itself.

Die Hard gives us a good example of a plot being created—and moved along—as a result of character actions/decisions. At the moment Hans Gruber and his henchmen take people hostage, John McClane makes a split-second decision to avoid the terrorists and find a way of getting help. His every decision and action from that point on changes the trajectory of the plot by way of fucking up Gruber’s plans. Example: When Gruber figures out someone else is in the building (“John alerts the terrorists to his presence…”), McClane ends up having to fight for his life (“…therefore John has to fight and ultimately kill one of the terrorists…”), and the plot moves on from John’s decisions and actions there (“…but McClane realizes he is just one man going up against a group of terrorists, therefore he tries to contact the authorities for help…”). The whole movie has tons of “but, therefore” connectors. Cause-and-effect storytelling really doesn’t get much better than Die Hard.
No.47018
Anonymous
Replies:>>47019
>>47017
We're dealing with someone who's just very uncomfortable with Superheros having a lot of time developing while in their suits. Them having a moment is fine but not giving the reasons they do what they do.

Like the utter fucking waste of the Congressional hearing scene. Could have been a great moment for Superman to explain why he does what he does. But nah just a bookend to Lex's damn piss tea.

Maybe it could have been a bit with Lex giggling like a jackass seeing Superman about to get dressed down by a hostile room and then Superman gives a speech and turns the tide of mistrust and apprehension they feel towards him.

Then he freaks out and detonates the explosives as he sees that he's losing a battle he thought he had won.

Such a damn waste of a scene.
No.47019
Anonymous
Replies:>>47020
>>47018
And it could've been used to at least motivate SOME thing or some reaction by Clark. But what do we get from him after the big earth-shattering kaboom?

//youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_Ayoutube thumb
No.47020
Anonymous
Replies:>>47021
>>47019
He looks like he just caught wiff of a fart or something. Looking somewhat annoyed at the death of a hundred so people around him.

Another note is that he was not approached to go under oath for the hearing. Nor was the gavel use to signify the start of the hearing (piss jar is sitting on her sound block).

Snyder just wanted his kaboom.
No.47021
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47022
>>47020

>Snyder just wanted his kaboom.

And that’s the problem when you want moments instead of scenes, as pointed out by the video linked to in >>46673.
No.47022
Anonymous
>>47021
I know he gets shit but I really like nerdwriter.
No.47023
Anonymous
I actually liked the Congress hearing scene, especially after the extended edition gives it further context and setup. It's one of the parts of the movie that works 100% for me.

It would have been cool to hear what Superman had to say, but this...

>Maybe it could have been a bit with Lex giggling like a jackass seeing Superman about to get dressed down by a hostile room and then Superman gives a speech and turns the tide of mistrust and apprehension they feel towards him.

IMO wouldn't work, as in the movie it isn't until the very end that Luthor isn't in full control of the events. While I am not sold on Luthor's mannerisms in the movie, I do enjoy that this is the most "mastermind" he's ever been in live action.

Like, when Mercy (WHY DID YOU KILL HER SNYDER, FUCK YOU) presents the Kryptonite and is all YAY MR LUTHOR WE WON, Luthor is surprisingly quiet about it. Later, when Batman breaks into Lexcorp, Luthor arrives and upon seeing that Batman stole the Kryptonite, he gives a very faint smile. A nice bit of acting by Eisenberg (It's notable that these scenes are the few where he isn't giggling like an idiot), because it shows that Luthor did NOT want to obtain the Kryptonite for himself, instead it was always his plan for Batman to get it. Pretty cool, I must say.

Holy shit I can't believe I am actually praising BvS.
No.47024
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47023

If you removed the Congressional hearing scene and all its related context, how much of an effect would that editing ultimately have on the story as a whole?
No.47025
Anonymous
>>47023

It could have worked but the whole film is just a mass of unearned moments trying to tell us that this is working and even the extra material doesn't do enough to make this feel like it exists where it should.

Putting Gotham across the bay from Metropolis could have been a great contrasts and bringing people into this world but both are shit with those silly filters he loves so much that wash out things and make my eyes hurt.
No.47085
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>47086
http://www.wsj.com/articles/warner-bros-s-new-strategy-on-dc-lighten-up-superheroes-1473350000

Johns is now DC's Kevin Feige.

Backpedal harder motherfuckers, it's the only chance you got.
No.47086
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47088
>>47085

Hey, thanks for pointing us to something we can’t read thanks to the WSJ’s stupid-ass paywall! ?
No.47087
Anonymous
Replies:>>47088
Not to mention this news is months old.
No.47088
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>47090
>>47086
Fucking weird, I don't have subscription and I could read it.

>>47087
Johns appointment is months old, his stance is new.

We weren't sure where he was going to take things, especially because he was a primary culprit in the darkening and grittying of the DCU.
No.47090
Anonymous
>>47088
Aside from Arrow which did do that whole Gritty bleh at its start and then quickly went it comic books when the other shows came out. Maybe he's learned and will not make things worse by even more terrible characterization of Superman.
save file
image:147421174300.jpg(447kB , 1280x1919 , tmp_2478-1474157919478-678738876.jpg)
So finding out this is supposed to showcase J. K. Simmons for JL instead of just someone making a really arty Batman piece.

It's okay I guess. But I don't really feel anything from it.
save file
image:147646249000.jpg(344kB , 1000x1605 , supermanrooftop.jpg)
You know, last night I was watching Man of Steel along with some friends, and there was some chatting about our problems with how Superman is being potrayed in the DC cinematic universe.

One thing we reached a consensus is that a big issue is that Superman is given too much emphasis to the SUPER and not the MAN while in costume. Every time he does something in these movies, it's a huge display of power that feels very impersonal, like he is just another force of nature in play. And when he isn't doing that, he is treated as a silent object of quasi-religious adoration by the massess, which furthers disconnects him from those people he is protecting.

In the old movies with Chris Reeves he stops normal crimes. He talks with the cop. He visits the White House and salutes the president. He gives friendly advice to the people on the street before tunneling into it. He saves Frisky the goddamn cat from that tree. Even in dull-ass Superman Returns, you have calling back that deliciously hokey "statistically speaking" line after catching the plane. This all makes him relatable, human, a good guy that just happens to be SUPER. Like he presents himself to Lois, a friend.

This is something that the new Superman sorely needs. Yes we know that Clark is pretty damn nice dude, but Superman's connection with his world is just so goddamn dry, formal, and distant. I mean, it is too much to ask something like pic related from the movies?
No.47210
Anonymous
>>47209

It all chalks up to two of Snyder's biggest problems. The mentioned fixation on the movies moving from moment to moment because that is what Snyder sets up.

That and he just can't handle heroes interactions as normal people in costume.

BvS Hearing Scene is a great example of how he doesn't let Superman be SuperMAN.

That could have been a great scene. Superman turning the tide of mistrust with a rousing speech about Truth and Justice and then Lex freaking out and triggering the explosive as he sees that he's losing the argument.

Instead of a lot of people dying and him just looking a bit annoyed.

Really in any other media that would have been enough for Clark to take the gloves off for a bit. Not wait till MARTHA.
No.47211
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47209

Part of the problem lies in the sincerity of moments like the one in that image or the whole “stopping normal crimes” thing from the ’79 film or even the “statistically speaking” line—in that those moments actually have an ounce of sincerity behind them. “The Man of Murder” doesn’t have that, or any, kind of sincerity; Snyder’s take on Kal-El is about as insincere, cynical, and practically hateful as any possible interpretation can get without flat-out turning Superman completely evil and giving him no chance for redemption.
No.47212
Anonymous
Replies:>>47214
You know, that's actually a good point, we have two movies with Superman and he hadn't been involved with any street-level stuff. Hell, he technically aided criminals to escape by stopping Batman and then flying away without caring who were those guys with machineguns and rocket launchers roaming around in his city.
No.47214
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47215
>>47212

In the DCEU, Superman's job isn't to save people, it's to be a beacon of hope. Or something like that.
No.47215
Anonymous
>>47214

They failed in the first movie to really make that a stand out characteristic. Second one they attempted but failed to really make him connect on that level and then went right into making him a symbol that Batman and Wonder Woman will build the Justice League around.

Gonna be a great many lines about "What he would do" Which is going to sound hilariously stupid since neither spent any time with him to get to know who he is.
No.47232
Anonymous
Replies:>>47233
So what will the pending Merger do to screw things up for the whole Warner Bros/DC plan?
No.47233
Anonymous
Replies:>>47241
>>47232

It's doubtful that the merger will go through before the upcoming movies are finished. The two parties may have agreed to the merger, but the FTC and other regulatory agencies need to sign off on the deal before it can be finalized.
No.47241
Anonymous
>>47233
Even then could end up like the DreamWorks purchase for Comcast/NBC Universal

Plans they had ended up being too much a hassle so they've pretty much left the place untouched.

Also hearing that Viacom was the one talking up this merger. And I wonder why.
No.47280
Anonymous
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/rick-famuyiwa-the-flash-creative-differences-1201742111/
Jesus, again?
No.47281
Anonymous
Replies:>>47282
No.47282
Anonymous
Replies:>>47284
>>47281
>We've got to set this in WWI so it won't be compared to Captain America

>Bookend it as a Flashback film.

*sigh* Dammit DC. I want you do do good.

Also their CGI still looks subpar.
No.47283
Anonymous
Replies:>>47285
Damn, those crazy Germans simply can't stop making doomsday superweapons.
No.47284
Anonymous
>>47282
Nah, Captain America was sepia. This movie is blue and yellow. Totally different.
No.47285
rasputin_zero !!e9Z+3lbULwW
Replies:>>47286
>>47283
I was expecting a smidgen more ambiguity given how infamously futile the Great War was, but that might just be the trailer selling action fun to the general public.
No.47286
Anonymous
>>47285
Dreading this is going to be WWI Nazis in all but name. Scientists acting like Nazis and even guys sorta dressed like SS
No.47378
Anonymous
Replies:>>47379
http://io9.gizmodo.com/lego-batman-movie-cements-position-as-best-dc-movie-of-1789527280

So Billy Dee Williams is finally going to play Two Face in the Batman Lego movie.
No.47379
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47380
>>47378

Fucking amazing.
No.47380
Anonymous
>>47379

Over twenty years for this.
No.47426
Anonymous
Replies:>>47427
So Powerless has been revamped. Pilot was scrapped after show-runner left. Its no longer a Insurance Agency but actually part of Wayne Enterprises now.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/11/nbcs-superhero-series-powerless-gets-bought-wayne-enterprises/

>In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Full of confidence and big ideas, Emily quickly learns that her expectations far exceed those of her new boss (Alan Tudyk) and officemates, so it will be up to her to lead the team toward their full potential and the realization that you don’t need superpowers to be a hero.

>Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises

So people being not Batman comedy series, or is it not a comedy anymore. Maybe a "Mysterious Boss" they never see or something.

Overall this feels a lot more complicated than "Insurance company having to deal with Super hero aftermath" Especially since Bat Embargo means there won't be any Batman or Adult Bruce Wayne stuff. If they do cast Bruce then I might be interested becausethat could be fun. Since Bruce in the Telltale Game can be played for some near Archer level comedy gold.

I mean Gotham has most the stuff and whatever they don't have Supergirl has the rest.

What's left? Lucius?
No.47427
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47426

Well all of this just sounds meh.
No.47428
Anonymous
Yea I'm prepped for this to hit the same fate as their Wonder Woman. Scrapped maybe both pilots will get leaked and we can see how much better the original would have been.
save file
image:148409365400.jpg(108kB , 950x634 , PHO8aGNzApSwSR_2_l.jpg)
http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-tone-ben-affleck-batman/

>In a new interview, Aquaman screenwriter Will Beall talks up Justice League as “much more fun” and “much poppier” than its somber predecessors.

They are really missing the point. It's not that they films aren't "fun". They just aren't good stories.
No.47562
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47563
>>47561

>everything about that picture

I'm out. The DCEU will just never be for me. Like, I can handle some ridiculous-looking bullshit in superhero films, but all that just looks awful.
No.47563
Anonymous
Replies:>>47564
>>47562
This. They all look so awkward, like they all would be rather be elsewhere. It's mind boggling that somebody would look at that pic and say " yessss this is it, this is the one"
No.47564
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47567
>>47563

>like they all would be rather be elsewhere

I can believe that all five of those actors would rather have been anywhere else at the time their pictures were taken. (That shit has to be a composite, if just because of Cyborg.)
No.47565
Anonymous
>>47561
Wondy and Aquaman look OK but fuck Cyborg's design is awful.
save file
image:148416226000.jpg(90kB , 491x702 , 6781028275_28a59f62cd_b.jpg)
Aquaman looks "kinda" alright (I fear it may because he is the less visible of the bunch), but WW's pose looks disheveled, like Gadot didn't hear that they were taking the pic and it took her by surprise.

Also, Cyborg's crotch totally is Megatron's face.
Replies:>>47570
save file
image:148416868400.jpg(61kB , 960x606 , BATMAN-TACTICAL-SUIT-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-2-1200x758.jpg)
>>47564

Well he is most likely going to be walking CGI with a floating head. Which is going to look terrible with whatever second hand CGI effects producer they keep going to.

Also whoever thought making Batman look more like Owlman, no.
No.47570
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47567

>whoever thought making Batman look more like Owlman

I want to say Snyder did it, but I cannot be sure of that claim. Does he have any kind of role in working on this movie?
No.47571
Anonymous
>>47570
As Director he might have a good deal of say over some choices especially since his wife heads production. But until they start dropping more trailers and talking about the film its largely guesswork onto why some costume changes were made.
No.47574
Anonymous
>>47570
>Does he have any kind of role in working on this movie?

Snyder is both the director and a writer.
No.47575
The Sneaky Tiki
Why do they still not realize he is terrible?
No.47576
Anonymous
Replies:>>47577
>>47575
He got cred with the whole "I filmed the unfilmable" thing with Watchmen which made WB think he was the guy to go with comic book adaptations, and he is still riding on it.
No.47577
Anonymous
>>47576
Also 300 was OK, but Superman is not 300 and you're a fool to think that being able to make a film out of that would mean you must be good at other stuff.
No.47578
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47575

A few Warner Bros. executives probably do know that Snyder is a terrible overall filmmaker, but cannot do anything about him for one of two reasons: higher-ranking executives like him too much, or he has an ironclad contract that runs through "Justice League".
No.47579
Anonymous
Replies:>>47580
Speaking of Snyder, have anyone of you gets watched that owl movie of his? Any good?
No.47580
Anonymous
>>47579
It was a bit hokey. They could've done a real Lord of the Rings type deal with it, but it felt a bit cartoonish by the end.
I say give it a watch, its a good time at least.
No.47650
Anonymous
So Ben Affleck is no longer directing the Batman solo movie. There goes any interest I had in that.
No.47651
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47650

And the script for "The Flash" has been slashed in favor of a page-one rewrite.

DC's cinematic efforts seem pretty fucked.
No.47652
Anonymous
Replies:>>47653
>>47650
Cheer up, perhaps Zack Snyder will end up directing it!
save file
image:148603123000.gif(517kB , 263x200 , {Cartoon} [The Simpsons] Welp.gif)
>>47652
No.47656
Anonymous
And Powerless is as cringe as people thought it would be with crap gags and calls to the comics.

Really should have been Lex Corp. As Lex Luthor is president in their Universe
No.47657
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47656

>Powerless is as cringe as people thought it would be

I figured as much. I doubt it will last past six episodes.
No.47658
Anonymous
Replies:>>47659
>>47656
Well that's super disappointing. DCEU's TV shows usually seem to be their strong spot.
No.47659
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47658

"Powerless" was supposed to be less "wacky comedy" when it was initially announced as a thing that was happening. Best I can remember, it was actually supposed to be a dramatic series when it was in the planning stages. (I could be wrong on that, though.)
No.47660
Anonymous
Replies:>>47661
Well for part of that. Regular folks dealing with the aftermath of events. Played straight it could have been an interesting drama akin to how a She-Hulk show should be done if Marvel ever looks into that.
No.47661
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47660

A She-Hulk series would probably lean more towards, say, "The Office" — a more "grounded" comedy with a little drama now and then. Straight-up drama or "wacky" comedy probably wouldn't work.
No.47662
Anonymous
>>47661
Speaking of which Marvel Studios should really get on that since that niche is still unfilled, and Civil War opened the way for that kind of exploration.
No.47664
Anonymous
>>47661
I could see it as Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law meets Archer.

Come to think of it, if DC wanted to sweep the rug out from under Marvel, they could use Power Girl to do the same thing, if they set the show at Starr Industries and based it on the Amanda Conner run.
No.47665
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47667
Speaking of the changes made to "Powerless":

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-10-biggest-changes-powerless-made-from-its-original-1791963975
No.47667
Anonymous
Replies:>>47668
>>47665

Nine and Ten are oddly sad, as that's the very embodiment of Warner Bros problem. If its not Batman, add Batman. If Batman ADD BATMAN.
No.47668
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47667

As it stands, "Batman" has been the most successful superhero franchise in DC's arsenal. Of course WB will milk it for all it is worth (and then some). Superman may be as well-known as Batman, but the former has a specific problem — the supposed "Superman is a boring boy scout" problem — that the latter does not. And every other DC superhero is playing second through three-thousandth fiddle to The World's Finest.

I would have loved for "Powerless" to have gone all in on being a show for DC fanboys that still made room for non-comic geeks. ("Justice League" and "Justice League Unlimited" did exactly that, and look how good they turned out.) But now it is merely one of two shows about Batman that do not actually feature Batman — and I doubt "Powerless" is better than "Gotham".
No.47669
Anonymous
Replies:>>47670
The DCEU has massive problems with commitment and rewriting shit to what they think will be a bigger hit with audiences. They have zero faith in any of their creations, which in turn makes potential audiences less likely to tune in, even the hardcores. Say what you will about Marvel arguably pandering to the lowest common denominator but at least they go about it with some sort of confidence.
No.47670
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47671
>>47669

Marvel puts its faith in Blast Hardch—I mean, its ideas for the MCU working well enough to draw in general audiences. "Guardians of the Galaxy" made shitloads of money and got positive reviews partly because Marvel had faith in the movie to work that magic. And now with Disney backing every play, Marvel can damn near do whatever the fuck it wants (until the "superhero movie" bubble bursts). Warner Bros., on the other hand, seems practically embarassed to have the DC archives at its disposal.

WB also went hard on the "shared universe" stuff way too early. Where can the DCEU go after "Darkseid versus the Justice League" if WB refuses to dig deep into the DC archives like "Justice League Unlimited" did? Granted, that is also an issue with Marvel and the MCU — assuming the bubble does not burst for a few more years, where does the MCU go after "Infinity War" and the end of Phase Three?
No.47671
Anonymous
>>47670
Supposedly they said they're going to dial it back after Infinity War and move into smaller projects which sounds like a good overall strategy. By then people will probably be looking for something different. This is the kind of niche DC should've been following in the first place, smaller stories that don't need the bombast of the Marvel films. And the kind of stuff Fox seems to be catching onto with films like Deadpool and Logan.
No.47672
Anonymous
Replies:>>47673
>>47671
Marvel Films after Infinity War go for the more obscure slightly darker stories. Sleepwalker, DarkHawk, MoonKnight and such.
No.47673
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47674
>>47671
>>47672

Yeah, more "personal" stories — stories with more one-on-one conflicts that do not end with world-threatening events — would be a good approach to take in the future.
No.47674
Anonymous
>>47673
There is actually lots of material to be used in that. For both DC and Marvel. Plenty of good personal stories with smaller stakes than global catastrophic crisis for Superman and Batman if they want to keep those in the front along with Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Only one I've got concerns for is Cybrog as most of his development into a character came with Teen Titans in particular the last decade of Animated Shows. Which is a decent character even if TTG really leans on the nostalgic 80s Kid part of that personality.
No.47720
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/02/23/now-warner-bros.-is-making-a-nightwing-movie

Oh, Warner Bros. Do you really need to pack the DCEU schedule even more?

(Also: Matt Reeves has signed on to direct "The Batman".)
No.47721
Anonymous
Replies:>>47722
>>47720
Warner Bros still believes they need to play catch up, Even though they don't because if they took their time they'd be setting up getting into the meat of their series while Marvel is transitioning into their one off period of stories.
No.47722
Anonymous
>>47721
Also because Lego Batman, the one DC film that wasn't dogged by these kinds of obligations, was the one turned out the best of the lot. But all they'll see from it is "hurr add more dumb kids jokes", not "let it develop organically".
No.47723
Anonymous
>>47720
So how many years until he ditches the project like Affleck and all the other people who were put on the Flash film?
No.47724
Anonymous
Replies:>>47725
Would argue it'll be months before things fall apart. Especially if Womder Women and Justice League go south.
No.47725
Anonymous
>>47724
Wonder Woman is already done, and reports say that whether it's good or not at least production went smooth compared to Suicide Squad.
No.47726
Anonymous
Well going with reports. Pine steals the show and Etta Candy is introduced and killed off to deliver "this is serious" moment for Wonder Woman.
No.47727
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Meanwhile, at the Razzie Awards:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/2017-razzie-award-winners-970378

"Batman v Superman" won four of them, though (perhaps mercifully) it did not walk away with Worst Picture honors.
No.47728
Anonymous
Replies:>>47732
Goddamn, Bill Paxton died.
No.47732
Anonymous
>>47728
FUCK! Damn I was really digging the Training Day TV series. He was a righteous monster.

Makes that last scene him talking with his dead partner on the other side of a grave damn prophetic.

Also he was a glorious asshole on Archer. He'll be fucking missed.
No.47798
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
//youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYwyoutube thumb

Can you feel the JUSTICE?
No.47799
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47804
>>47798

And after having watched the trailer, it seems as if DC/WB want to sell this movie as a “fun” counteragent to all the grimdark of “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman” — but the jokes and the “Come Together” needledrop feel out of sync with the rest of the super-serious “this world is under attack” stuff.

Also: Holy shit, Snyder, would it kill you to use a color other than blue or sepia-brown?
No.47803
Snes !v68zTeBMI.
Replies:>>47805
Flash writers: "Let's have a crossover with Supergirl with singing and dancing and fun and love winning in the end!"

Arrow writers: "Let's physically and psychologically torture our hero until he admits that he kills criminals because he likes it and gives up being a hero!"
No.47804
Anonymous
Replies:>>47805
>>47799
>Also: Holy shit, Snyder, would it kill you to use a color other than blue or sepia-brown?
And can they stop forcing other movies like Wonder Woman to use it too?
No.47805
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47806
>>47804
Fuckin’ WB.

>>47803
I really do need to give “Supergirl” a look-at one of these days.
No.47806
Anonymous
>>47805
Supergirl is fun in part because of Kara's growing harem of ladies that want her to fly them into the sky.
No.47807
Anonymous
>>47798

Still feels really claustrophobic to me. Even in the supposedly open scenes everything feels really tiny. Really wish both franchises would go out for physical sets as Depth is always a problem with CGI for me. Feels fake.
No.47815
Anonymous
Replies:>>47817
In other news for the Second Week Powerless has been pulled from the schedule.

http://hiddenremote.com/2017/03/24/what-happened-to-nbcs-powerless-this-week/

So things aren't looking good for the show.
No.47817
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47820
>>47815

Everything I have read about the show’s chances of staying on the air say “the show is dead”. I would expect to hear a cancellation notice dropping any day now.
No.47820
Anonymous
>>47817

I knew it would be. Once they retooled it and stripped out the broader range of humor for more directed gags it was just going to spiral.

They tied it way too closely to a situation which will never work for a half hour sitcom. A Batman show that cannot have Batman.

Some points for including the very obscure Wayne Cousin but that character was never going to work.