/tnt/ - Tournaments & Events

This board is for hosting tournaments and other organized competitions, be it either events, contests, or anything where a winner must be determined through votes or otherwise. Just for this board, image duplicates are enabled and the bump limits are set extra high. Roleplaying is encouraged, unless event hosts ask otherwise.

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 13 posts, 2 files (1 image(s), 1 video(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /tnt/95105 Close window
Options
save file
video:170692262188.webm(66kB , 211x158 , ricardoshock.webm)
When, if ever, is it alright to campaign and host at the same time?
>In main tournaments
>In side (/tnt/) tournaments
I'd like to hear your perspective since I'm not sure there's a concrete perspective.
I figure a lot of us who campaign have the will to host, but fear that we'd lose the ability to campaign because of it.
No.95106
Anonymous
sounds gay
No.95107
Anonymous
>>95105
Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't rig the votes, but that's not an issue with campaigning, that's an issue with the host.
Still, best you don't say who you are campaigning for since some people will get mad and think you are definitely rigging (even though you wouldn't need to campaign to rig).
No.95108
Anonymous
>>95105
It's only alright if you campaign and rig for Goku
No.95109
Anonymous
Replies:>>95111
>>95105
If you're campaigning in a tournament you don't host, it can be forgiven. If you can somehow campaign the way Psyanon does where you can cover everyone fairly, I can't think of any issue with that type of campaigning while hosting. Otherwise, hosts should not be campaigning at the same time and should be as unbias as possible. Hosts campaigning leads to issues of being accused of rigging and every example we have had has actually had rigging. There should be no time to campaign anyway. As a host, your job is to make sure things run smoothly and to be present as much as you reasonably can to respond to concerns. You can also joke around in the threads if you don't writefag/roleplay particular characters or have melties over some, like NSA. 
No.95110
Anonymous
>>95105
There's nothing wrong with it. Just don't rig or advertise that you as a host are campaigning for a specific character. Furthermore make sure getting the hosting part done takes precedence.
No.95111
Anonymous
>>95109
This,
No.95112
Anonymous
What if there are multiple hosts? If they confirm that they all have equal ownership of the forms, would that absolve an individual host if they want to drop OC?
save file
image:170692808726.jpg(918kB , 3400x4231 , ladykiller moth.jpg)
it's really a trust thing, it's fine to campaign as long as you're not rigging (or ignoring rigging) for characters you support.
finding out Nightshift was being a biased petty asshole is bad, but it's not the sole reason for her removal. it's more the straw that broke the camel's back. the person we are trusting to be fair and impartial has been revealed to be petty and spiteful. there's also her complete lack of transparency, and general incompetence, and the fact that we have other options who are trustworthy and (hopefully) willing to host in her place.
that last point is especially important. i think if someone like coayynon had been around after Ms. /co/ 2022, Nightshift would've been replaced a lot earlier.
No.95114
Anonymous
>>95105
I think it's better to just not do it due to the issues that may arise. But there's nothing wrong with the act itself.
No.95115
Anonymous
Replies:>>95116
>>95105
I don’t think it’s that bad, but Numnuts and NightShift have really damaged its perception.
No.95116
Anonymous
>>95115
Don't forget the Caprigger who nominated him.
No.95119
Anonymous
>>95105
THAT'S RIGGING!