/tnt/ - Tournaments & Events

This board is for hosting tournaments and other organized competitions, be it either events, contests, or anything where a winner must be determined through votes or otherwise. Just for this board, image duplicates are enabled and the bump limits are set extra high. Roleplaying is encouraged, unless event hosts ask otherwise.

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 8 posts, 2 files (2 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /tnt/72892 Close window
Options
save file
image:170190779745.jpg(221kB , 843x1280 , stupid sexy superman.jpg)
it's become clear recently that the "randomized brackets" are not truly random. i supported them previously, but it's for this reason that i believe we should return to seeded brackets.
save file
image:170191215374.gif(575kB , 220x220 , 1675263528230259.gif)
>>72892
On board with you.
At first I was also alright but after these years of seeing multiple matches that seem a bit too good to be coincidences, I think we drop it and come back to the old seeded brackets.
No.72944
Anonymous
>>72892
I was always against it. It was something implemented basically to be an underdog boost and stop what people thought were "boring" match-ups. Meta shit. Tourneys should just be traditionally formatted and stop with the unnecessary fuckery.
No.72945
Anonymous
>>72892
All rigged by me btw
No.72963
Anonymous
Replies:>>72967
Even if people hate it (as they should) do you ever actually think it's going away? That they will just give up power when NSA, Balls, and whoever else openly get to personally pick the first round matchups to their whim?
Why else would you think, despite /co/ openly railing against it all last tournament and wanting it to vote, they refused to put it to vote but put in the way less popular "losers bracket" (twice) and even specifically non-/co/ characters being allowed in (with NSA picking of course)?
Because they will never give it up, and I can call their bluff right now because I can tell you 100% a question to remove the randomized brackets will not appear in the end of King /v/ or any tournament
No.72967
Anonymous
Replies:>>73267
>>72963
Once a ruling is a thing it becomes very hard to remove I noticed. In large part people just come to accept certain aspects such as E8 and series limits as innate parts of the process and they'll never change even if put to vote.
No.72975
Anonymous
Had a feeling we were going to have this discussion sometime
*Ahem*
No. I'll take Nightshift editing one of the 64 rounds for a gag any day if it means we don't have the first 3 rounds being predictable drivel again.
Perchance keep seeded brackets for other things like /an/lympics doe since the voter base is much smaller
No.73267
Anonymous
>>72967
Because E8 and series limits have been here almost every year.