/tnt/ - Tournaments & Events

This board is for hosting tournaments and other organized competitions, be it either events, contests, or anything where a winner must be determined through votes or otherwise. Just for this board, image duplicates are enabled and the bump limits are set extra high. Roleplaying is encouraged, unless event hosts ask otherwise.

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 26 posts, 4 files (4 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /tnt/63409 Close window
Options
save file
image:169558789941.jpg(80kB , 667x1000 , 61Hh8GPOFrL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg)
With Doomfags (aka Doomers or Doomposters) fully taking over and derailing Ms /co/ 2023, we need to discuss these spammers who are damaging tournaments and how to limit their damage.

>Who are they
Essentially, Doomers try to derail all discussion of tournaments with meta "sky is falling" mentality. They are not sincere in their intention or what they say, but want to cause as much chaos as possible for "fun" and/or try to get interest in tournaments to decline rapidly. They will make a talking point whatever side they think will cause more controversy while not beliving what they say.

Common signs of doomers include:
>Having fake mental breakdowns over even the most minor of rules changes
>Constantly trying to make entire threads a meta discussion about the hosts of tournaments or what hosts of tournaments are doing instead of the actual tournament
>Trying to "coup" hosts out or especially make splinter threads they hope will get mods to remove official threads instead of theirs
>Trying to asterisk any single character regardless of what happens, especially tournament winners. Fang in particular is brought up a lot, but they will hyperfocus on certain characters as "rigged" as well
>Mass spamming anyone who discusses anything outside their doomer topics with doom posts or trying to claim rigging
>Pretending they are "riggers" to seed doubt

What are the best ways to limit their presence?
No.63410
Anonymous
Replies:>>63419
Trip on, NSA. Oh, I forgot you don't have one here.
No.63411
Anonymous
tell the doomers to go kill themselves
No.63413
Anonymous
>>63409
How about you blame the retard host for causing so much shit and throwing tournaments into question instead of making more boogeymen for people you disagree with.
save file
image:169558937967.jpg(46kB , 736x862 , MeIRL.jpg)
>>63409
>pretending
No.63415
Anonymous
Replies:>>63416
>>63409
>What are the best ways to limit their presence?
To ignore them. Nothing hurts a spammer or falseflagger more than ignoring them.
No.63416
Anonymous
>>63415
This.
No.63417
Anonymous
*Doomer
No.63418
Anonymous
Replies:>>63423
>le anyone who is unhappy is [buzzword]
You're all as much faggots as them.
save file
image:169559198297.jpg(36kB , 613x531 , too cringe.jpg)
>>63410
I'm just kidding. To be serious, I think this thread grossly misinterprets the events and what caused the drama and so called doomfagging to create a new boogeyman possibly unintentionally. Email checks no matter how you feel about them are a pretty big change that you can't just go for without a consensus and uploading pie charts without the vote total initially of course people would see as shady. There were moments when people started to have fun then NSA would pop into the threads at bump limit to poorly respond to criticism in a way that made him look egotistical and leave when someone brought up good points against him leading to anger for the next several threads. NSA's bad communication extends to the other hosts with the drama at the end about the loser's bracket. It wasn't just the changes, it was how NSA handled them. People had every right to be pissed that this tournament made for the board was being handled by someone who doesn't care what the board thinks. NSA could not afford another year of mistrust and doing things impulsively after 2022 because people were especially tired of him following that year. There was actual trolling though. I think there were some good reasons made and actual genuineness to people saying this year should be asterisked, but going after specific characters was trolling. The campooners vs. anti-campooners funposting that was used to ironically declare this year rigged or legitimate and the IC feeding was some more of it. Debatably, the trolling came from the declining quality of the tournament.
No.63421
Anonymous
Replies:>>63430
>>63419
I think the campaign arguing stuff would've went down regardless cause it's been brewing for years and people predicted it would start. But the atmosphere of the tourney probably exacerbated it.
No.63423
Anonymous
>>63418
The same thing as the anti-campaigners "campooning" their pants
No.63424
Anonymous
Replies:>>63430
>>63419
I agree OP is also misinterpreting things, but there's a distinct contrast between anons expressing genuine concerns about NSA's actions and their potential impact on the tournament, and those who are merely using the host's mistakes as a convenient scapegoat for their personal grievances with the results (their picks losing, a character they don't like going far, etc). I can't find the post in question, but I vividly recall this exchange I had with an anon during late quarterfinals who pretty much told me "I'm going to keep complaining and filling the threads with shit just so you can't campaign for your shitty boring character".
No.63425
Anonymous
>>63419
Yeah, NSA was the biggest cause of the frustration in this tournament, he really needs to word and time his announcements better.
save file
image:169559579037.jpg(153kB , 551x701 , IMG_3549.jpeg)
Did someone say DOOM?!
No.63427
Anonymous
>>63409
>Fang in particular is brought up a lot
of course it's fangnigger cope
No.63430
Anonymous
>>63421
I also predicted it would be the big thing this year.
>>63424
Fair points. I still think the majority were not like that. I was pretty pissed at NSA and liked the elite eight.
No.63434
Anonymous
>>63419
no one cares what anons think in the threads, not even other anons
numbers speak however, if X gets voted enough then that's what everyone really wants despite what they might say in threads
No.63436
Anonymous
>>63434
We didn't even get a say on it in a poll that he could have posted on /tnt/ to avoid the perigger. He just went for it. Also, I think the threads devolving into nothing but constant drama is more than enough of a sign.
No.63439
Anonymous
>>63434
NSA"s rules and decisions never get voted on. That's kind of the big problem.
No.63442
Anonymous
>>63427
Industrycuck...
No.63443
Anonymous
We were on the verge of something new and different when we had the option to vote for Mr. /co/ to be the first tournament hosted and THEN Ms. /co/.
No.63444
Anonymous
>>63427
Industryfag…
No.63445
Anonymous
>>63443
I don't think a lot of things would have changed. If anything it's a blessing in disguise Mr. /co/ wasn't the test subject for NSA's retarded last minute decisions.
No.63448
Anonymous
>>63443
I doubt that kind of change would do much to shift to dynamic between the tournaments. If NSA applied email verification because Ms. /co/ qualifiers had cheating, it would have still happened if the event were to take place in October instead of September. Mr. /co/ ending with the double elimination drama sounds fucking hilarious though.
No.63476
Anonymous
>>63427
Do you really want to reveal your power level on blackhand's site?