/tnt/ - Tournaments & Events

This board is for hosting tournaments and other organized competitions, be it either events, contests, or anything where a winner must be determined through votes or otherwise. Just for this board, image duplicates are enabled and the bump limits are set extra high. Roleplaying is encouraged, unless event hosts ask otherwise.

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 20 posts, 2 files (2 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /tnt/2188 Close window
Options
save file
image:163726526815.png(126kB , 1000x1000 , 1632101221796.png)
Was Betty Boop possibly our only Based Winner for 2021?
Derpy is pretty good as well if she wins.
No.2189
Anonymous
Replies:>>2190>>2192
>>2188
I don't follow /v/. Do people hate the loli winner?
No.2190
Anonymous
Replies:>>2198
>>2188
I don't think so. Grievous and Recette have been great winners too.

>>2189
I personally was rooting for Madotsuki, but most people seemed content with the result.
save file
image:163728601817.png(2.64MB , 1920x1080 , merchants.png)
>>2189
To me, Grievous was by far the best winner of all Mr. /co/, and Betty too of Ms. /co/. I gotta be honest though, Recette was the least interesting winner of all Queen of /v/ so far. However I do find characters like Morshu and any of the merchants as perfect kings to match with her, but mostly Morshu given how her game is about item shop and all that stuff.
No.2193
Anonymous
Grevious and Betty were good winners.
Recette is a bit of a meme win but then what did you expect from /v/. I still remember when they tried to rig the Gamespot contest so Bub & Bob would win. It was going fine up until they beat one of the Nintendo characters (I think Link) at which point Gamespot reversed the votes in a recount, so they'd lose.
No.2196
Anonymous
Replies:>>2201
Is there any winner you would swap out with their respective runner-up?
>Raven instead of Spinel
>Daffy instead of Tom
>Doomguy instead of Armstrong
>Madotsuki instead of Recette
For me.
On another note, I'm still suprised this Ms. /co/ was the tightest final out of all the tournaments we have had until now.
No.2198
Anonymous
Replies:>>2199
>>2190
>/tv/ character in the /co/ competition on a technicality
>great winner
No.2199
Anonymous
>>2198
Neither made his debut in non/co/, nor is he more prominent in his non/co/ media. And most probably voted for him in spite of being a SW character, not because of it.
No.2200
Anonymous
Replies:>>2243
Betty was easily the best winner of 2021, especially because she snuck in when everyone was trying to one-up each other and was actually deserving
Grievious sucks because it's just Star Wars circlejerking, isn't being voted for /co/ really and the board has way better characters then that. He was a good OC machine though
No.2201
Anonymous
>>2196
Tom and Armstrong are fitting winners at least. Don't know about Recette. Spinel yes, but I would have had a redo final between Frankie and Raven.
No.2202
Anonymous
Replies:>>2204
>>2188
Welp... the Derpy lost.
No.2204
Anonymous
>>2202
Good, she was always a dumb meme background character.
No.2207
Anonymous
Replies:>>2243
Betty Boop saved her tournament at the last minute.
I agree with the other anon on Grievous possibly being the best winner of Mr. /co/lympus to date.
Recette won on merit of creating a massive campaign in one single year. I didn't care much for the result in this case.
No idea about the /mlp/ contest cause I don't care about ponies.
No.2211
Anonymous
Grievous is... eh. I don't really get it. I would've preferred Hank. Bravo remains by far the best /co/ king imo, and Jenny the best queen, just as far as representing the board. They deserve to go down as the originals.
Jenny > Boop > Monarch > Spinel
Bravo > Tom > Kronk > Grievous
No.2214
Anonymous
>>2188
Didn't know Hilda and Johanna made this far this year, stopped caring about 4/co/ since early this year. I was considering making a similar event on hispachan, but I don't really know how yo hice It an interesting twist, on top of that since they are way fewer people I only think that it's going to be the same thing but slower and lame.
No.2243
Anonymous
>>2200
>>2207
don't kid yourself, every member of that elite 8 was horrible
No.2251
Anonymous
Regardless of whoever wins King /v/ I'm ready to tell OP he was fucking wrong.
No.2870
Anonymous
Replies:>>2965
Batter > Betty

Though Betty and Grievous pairing > Recette and Batter pairing
No.2965
Anonymous
Replies:>>8227
>>2870
It's unny both boards had at least one black&white winner the same year.
Batter/Betty could actually make for a very aesthetic couple. Not sure how and interaction between Grievous and Recette would play out.
No.8227
Anonymous
>>2965
Grievous would be a better father figure for Recette than Batter, unironically