/tnt/ - Tournaments & Events

This board is for hosting tournaments and other organized competitions, be it either events, contests, or anything where a winner must be determined through votes or otherwise. Just for this board, image duplicates are enabled and the bump limits are set extra high. Roleplaying is encouraged, unless event hosts ask otherwise.

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 7 posts, 1 files (1 image(s))

Replying to /tnt/130004
Options
No.130004
Would a Campaign Manager type Original Worls be fun in the tournaments??Anonymous
Replies:>>130170
Image:171659623065.jpg(38kB, 400x400)28843.jpg
I've noticed most of the recurring OC material (I'm talking the broad stuff, not tied to any specific candidate) can all be essentially put into one category: Coverage.

Psyanon is old timey positive news coverage, F4G News is tabloidly and cynical news, that...the one I can't remember the name of with the two greyscale characters is the 'duo bouncing off eachother' style of news. It's all news coverage.

So I got thinking, what would be a interesting alternate style of non-character OC, aside from going full RP like what 2020 did with Ramses.

I came to thinking of some sort of Campaign Manager or Underhanded Broker type, funding the candidates, talking subtle smack about having to sweep their dirty laundry under the rug, making jokes about playing both sides and trying to sabotage the competition, that sort of thing.
No.130006
Anonymous
Unlike the coverage ones it would be hard to keep it super broad, you'd have to stick to the handful you know well enough to poke. If you keep it just as mocking as it is praising and really stick to the 'playing all sides' angle though I could see it working
No.130168
Anonymous
bump for based Broker
No.130169
Anonymous
there should be a character mimicking over the top sports announcers
Soccer Announcer Goalyoutube thumb
No.130170
Anonymous
Replies:>>130171
>>130004
We need a host that's like vince McMahon