/mtv/ - Music, Television & Film

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 306 posts, 34 files (34 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /mtv/46850 Close window
Options
save file
image:147075212700.png(1.09MB , 1280x720 , Luke Cage.png)
Marvel General: “Sweet Christmas!” Edition
PREVIOUS ISSUE>>45437

Oh yes. We’re a little over a month away from the premiere of Luke Cage. So here’s the full trailer for the show to tide you over until September 30th: //youtube.com/watch?v=ytkjQvSk2VAyoutube thumb
Replies:>>46852
save file
image:147076773200.jpg(33kB , 350x465 , 1259799467460.jpg)
I haven't hear much about it, but I'm hopeful for Doctor Strange.
No.46852
Anonymous
>>46851
Well they've made the comments that Magic is Magic not Science. So that's a good start.
save file
image:147077887600.png(949kB , 1920x1080 , f24q8Ku.png)
They did it, the madmen!
No.46854
Anonymous
>>46852
Didn't Thor: The Dark World already established that? I mean, Loki's magic was shown as being legit, and that Frigga taught him.
No.46855
Anonymous
>>46854
People have still been complaining about it so they crew finally just shut them up.
No.46856
Anonymous
Replies:>>46857
>>46854
People are paranoid I guess? Some of Thor's comments led people to believe ALL of the magic on Asgard was science, but I honestly thought those people were always overblowing it.
save file
image:147079450100.jpg(253kB , 904x432 , Asgardian artillery.jpg)
>>46856
They were. One frequent argument was "Loki's illusions flicker, therefore they're holograms." As if there aren't enough smoke or sparkle effects to fit such a narrow idea of what magic should look like. I suppose they just wanted a more "traditional fantasy" approach to Asgard, but I like the Jack Kirby-esque, space opera look.

Even Asgard having heavy artillery like the AA guns seen in The Dark World isn't anything new.
save file
image:147080610800.jpg(82kB , 720x479 , 1308785046793.jpg)
>>46852
>Magic is Magic
Sounds good to me.
No.46948
Anonymous
Lotta talk saying Zendaya is going to be Mary Jane.
No.46949
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46951
>>46948

Black MJ? I can dig it.
No.46950
Anonymous
Replies:>>46951
>>46948
The original guy it comes from is notorious for making tons of shit up in the past though. I'll wait for a better source.
Either way if it's true I don't care what race she is as long as they make her hair red and give her a damn personality first before hooking her up with Peter. If they can't make her more interesting than even Raimi MJ I'm giving up on the other Spider-Man movies.
No.46951
Anonymous
>>46949
Archer Ringtone.MP3 But yea it's not really something that changes things dramatically.

>>46950
She's a good actress. I think they'll give her a slightly barbed personality. Not above putting in a friendly dig when she thinks it's needed.
No.46953
Anonymous
>Flash is shorter than Peter
>Mary Jane won't have red hair

Eh, I've already given up on this movie being good.
No.46955
Anonymous
Replies:>>46956
>>46953
Eesh, if that's a deal breaker, don't even look up the Raimi ones.
No.46956
Anonymous
Replies:>>46961
>>46955

If it makes you feel better, I gave up on the Ghost in the Shell movie being good when they announced Scarlett Johansson playing Motoko Kusanagi.

that's a lie i gave up on that being a good movie when it was announced because I still remember Dragonball Evolution
No.46957
Anonymous
Honestly, a non red head MJ is a deal breaker for me.
Mostly because that's basically all the character is. It's an issue of iconography for me.
No.46960
Anonymous
>>46957

They'll dye it just like the last one.

But really she's got the proper verbal swagger to carry off that "Jackpot" line to its full potential. I'm really keen on a Cocky self assured MJ. Even if some of it is forced bravado to hide a bad family life.
No.46961
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46956

Always expect the worst from live-action adaptations of animated material, no matter what. (If one such adaptation turns out to not suck, you can be pleasantly surprised.)
No.46962
Anonymous
Replies:>>46963
>>46957
has any mj been a natural red head
No.46963
Anonymous
Replies:>>46964
>>46962

Nope and in a amusing parallel no Gwen has been blonde.

This is all too funny.
No.46964
Anonymous
Replies:>>46965
>>46963
IIRC Emma Stone actually is a natural blonde
No.46965
Anonymous
>>46964
Yep, she's more famous with her red hair but blonde is her real color.
No.46966
Anonymous
Replies:>>46967
>>46957
But wanting MJ to be a redhead is just a code word for "I hate black people"!!!1! Even if you're willing to settle for black MJ as long as she dyes it, even expressing any hesitation is proof you're a racist!

God all these people on Tumblr and their inability to see anything other than pure black and white is so insufferable.
No.46967
Anonymous
Replies:>>46969
>>46966
Not all people who hate black MJ are racists.
But all racists hate black MJ.

Its both oddly simple and needlessly complicated.
No.46969
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46973
>>46967

>Not all people who hate black MJ are racists.

There’s at least a slight element of racism to their hatred, or else they wouldn’t be getting up in arms about it. Think about it: Why must Mary Jane be white aside from her history as a white character? What does MJ’s whiteness contribute to a romance/love story that can work just the same with a non-white MJ? There is literally no reason other than “she’s always been white!” to prevent MJ from being portrayed by a non-white actor in film/TV.
No.46970
Anonymous
who gives a flying fuck what her skin or hair color is
No.46971
Anonymous
>>46970

Primarily people just driving bait on both sides. Same nonsense like the talk about Hermione being black in the play and how that was good for diversity or something. Then the play was a joke and so we've moved on to the next "issue".

Bleh. She's fine and she's got the attitude down already.
No.46973
Anonymous
>>46969
There's also no reason beyond reactionary compensation to prove how not racist one us for her to be black either.
Which is itself a racist attitude as well, even if it's in the opposite direction rather than a hateful one.
No.46974
Anonymous
Replies:>>46975
>>46970
>who gives a flying fuck what her skin or hair color is

Did you say the same when people bitched about ScarJo in GitS?
No.46975
Anonymous
>>46974

>Character known for switching bodies semi-regularly looks different from a recent known incarnation.

That's the way I took it.
No.46976
Anonymous
>>46970

Surprisingly, people consider how a character looks to actually be important when they've existed in visual mediums.

This is why I brought up the Scarlet Johansson/Ghost in the Shell movie. I didn't like that, I don't like this. To me that's a fairly consistent position to take. Raceswapping characters is not a good idea and just drums up needless controversy and scrutiny.
No.46977
Anonymous
>>46976
Nah, you are just racist.
No.46978
Anonymous
>>46976
I'm mostly indifferent to raceswapping MJ since Zendaya's known for actually being an idol singer in real life so she's not a bad fit for MJ who's supposed to be a model. They're casting really young people so so it's a good enough way of showing her chops. But not giving her red hair would be ridiculous, because I'm on the traditionalist side in thinking appearance matters at least a little. I'd be pissed too if they made Supes a redhead or didn't give Tony Stark some sort of beard.

So no I don't hate black MJ like the real racists do but I am not going to be happy either until I can be sure they have that hair part locked down and I'm sure other people feel the same way. But some circles are convinced it's just lying to hide my inner Stormfront because they're so used to going all out they forgot being somewhere in the middle is a thing that exists.

We also don't even know for sure if she's actually going to be MJ or not since it's an unproven rumor coming from a guy who's famous for being untrustworthy so people might just be jumping the gun. If it turns out MJ isn't even in the movie or is played by a white girl after all I don't want it to be more ammo for the anti-SJWs to crow about their "victory" over the SJWs, or for the crazies accusing Marvel of whatever the race version of "queerbaiting" is over it like they did with the also fake rumors about "white Ganke".
No.46980
Anonymous
>>46978
Well said. It's very tiring being caught between extremes so often, so it's nice to see a measured response.
No.46981
Anonymous
Replies:>>46982
>>46978
>So no I don't hate black MJ like the real racists do but I am not going to be happy either until I can be sure they have that hair part locked down
Why? Like, if you're the guy that said being a redhead is MJ's one character trait, then what about the existing character do you find worth preserving, exactly? What if she's not a redhead but instead is given actual depth and texture unlike literally every other version of that character?
No.46982
Anonymous
Replies:>>46983
>>46981
That guy is not me, but like I said I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to character appearances so I do care that they try to retain at least some aspects of the original character design if it's something that's been a key part of them throughout the years.

Also hair dye is a thing and many black women use it in real life. There's no good excuse for them not to give MJ red hair other than to be needlessly rebellious. Fyi I don't consider the race thing an example of that, like I said I already don't care about that or Valkyrie being a black woman either (also Valkyrie's design isn't iconic in the way Thor or MJ's are so it's fine if she's not a blonde with a long braid as long as she's got some sort of Asgardian armor on).

For what it's worth I'm also extremely annoyed they didn't bother to give DCEU Superman his spit curl or homage Zemo's costume or any part of his backstory in CW at all even though they had plenty of chances to.
No.46983
Anonymous
Replies:>>46984
>>46982
>There's no good excuse for them not to give MJ red hair other than to be needlessly rebellious.
Or because it doesn't matter. If you're already changing ethnicity, why would hair color matter?
save file
image:147182711100.jpg(38kB , 300x207 , Mjface.jpg)
>>46983
Not him, but MJ's red hair is iconic to the character, it's a very integral part of her visuals. Hell, in her first real appareance, we saw her hair FIRST.
No.46985
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46984

Seriously, I’m for the raceswitch and hope Zendaya does well in the role and all that, but if you’re gonna keep anything about MJ aside from the name and the relationship with Peter, you’re gonna keep the red hair.

(And FYI, MJ’s debut there was the unexpected payoff to what everyone thought would be a gag where MJ was uglier than sin.)
No.46986
Anonymous
>>46984
And again, if the ethnicity is being changed, why not the hair? Shouldn't you be able to name literally anything else iconic about a character besides just that? If not, then there's clearly no value in the supposedly "iconic" base character.
No.46987
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46986

>Shouldn't you be able to name literally anything else iconic about a character besides just that?

Why should he have to? I’m someone who is for the raceswitching, and I still think MJ should have her red hair because it’s what I’d call her “visual aesthetic”. I’d be arguing for Black Cat to have silver hair if Marvel decided to raceswitch Felicia Hardy because it’s a key part of the character’s visual aesthetic. On the flipside, I’d be asking Marvel to keep the black and red Spider-Man suit if they ever decided to make a Miles Morales-based Spider-Man movie because that suit is Miles’s visual aesthetic. You can tweak the aesthetic, yes—just look at Iron Man—but completely abandoning it makes no sense, regardless of factors like raceswitching.
No.46988
Anonymous
Replies:>>46989
>>46986
>why not the hair?

You really want to keep going into circles.

Answer me, WHY change the hair? Answering with a "why not" or "because they can" are not good answers.
No.46989
Anonymous
Replies:>>46993
>>46988
>Answering with a "why not" or "because they can" are not good answers.
But they are. Why not? Iconography? Status quo's been changing all the time.

You can't hang on to this like another "The Proton Packs Are Too Small."
No.46990
Anonymous
Replies:>>47009
She could have a red stripe.
No.46993
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46989

>But they are.

No, they’re not. It’s pretty much a version of “Says who?”, and if you’ve been following politics lately, you know how dumb that argument is. If you think MJ doesn’t need the red hair, you can provide an argument and a justification for said argument that is more than “Says who?” or “Why not?”. Give me a solid, reasoned argument as to why a black MJ doesn’t need red hair, and I’ll listen. I may end up disagreeing with your argument, but I will listen to you. So give us an argument worthy of being taken seriously.
No.46994
Anonymous
Replies:>>46995
So people running off the cuff with rumors. So what if she isn't. Bit concerned if she isn't Mary Jane because that will be its own wave of backlash.
No.46995
Anonymous
Replies:>>46997
>>46994
Such is the nature of fandom and its inability to detach itself from headcanons and wishful thinking. I've seen it happen when shippers get so into pairings that that they get it in their heads it has to be canon or else. Then go berserk on anyone tangentially involved with the making of the show as if it's their fault for never explicitly denying something that's not even their business to. The Twitter debacle with that one Steven Universe staffer is just the latest example of that.
No.46996
Anonymous
>>46993
Not that guy, and mostly apathetic to spider man in general, but depending on the skin tone, red hair on a black woman could be absolutely hideous. Brighter hair colors mostly don't match darker skin.

There are exceptions, but...
No.46997
Anonymous
>>46995
>berserk
er
do you wanna make a fuck
No.46998
Anonymous
Replies:>>46999
>>46993
Because having red hair is irrelevant to the role that character nominally plays in the story of Spiderman. It's as irrelevant as her being white and the only reason to keep hair or skin is inertia (which isn't really a reason). Stop supporting dog whistlers.
No.46999
Anonymous
>>46998
>Because having red hair is irrelevant to the role that character nominally plays in the story of Spiderman

It isn't irrelevant. The redhaired imagery has alway been tied with a person with aggressive disposition, fiery temperament, and sharp tongue, all trairs MJ possesses. Again, look at her first appareance posted up there, from a quick glance the visuals are meant to convey that she means business, and the hair color is part of it.

Also, you have failed to give a reason as to why change it, what's there to gain. Like previously mentioned your "why not" argument is very poor, because hey, why not give Peter a green and purple mohawk while we are at it?
No.47000
Anonymous
Replies:>>47002
>>46999
>The redhaired imagery has alway been tied with a person with aggressive disposition, fiery temperament, and sharp tongue, all trairs MJ possesses. Again, look at her first appareance posted up there, from a quick glance the visuals are meant to convey that she means business, and the hair color is part of it.
I mean if your argument is entirely based in visual stereotypes then you can easily apply the same logic to a black lady.
No.47002
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47003
>>47000

You keep telling yourself that. Point is, you have’t provided any real reason that MJ’s hair color must change if Zendaya actually is playing Mary Jane. (I said I’d listen to you, even if I disagreed with you. And I disagreed.) “Going against the inertia of the franchise” does nothing to convince me that taking away MJ’s red hair is a good decision, regardless of who plays the role. That reasoning would justify any change to the mythos or the visual aesthetic of any given character—as >>46999 suggested, giving Peter a mohawk—without actually getting into what makes that change necessary (or a good idea).
No.47003
Anonymous
>>47002
I'm not arguing about what makes the visual change "necessary." That's the logic the dog whistlers you are defending use. I'm arguing that it's irrelevant, because it is. The performance and script, that's what matters, visual elements need only be pleasing and avoid being incongruous. If she can play the role, then give it to her. Arguing that the movie is ruined if she doesn't match this arbitrary visual stereotype is insanity.
No.47004
Anonymous
Replies:>>47005
>>47003
It is irrelevant for you, but some here it isn't. If you are going to dismiss everbody who disagrees with your aregument as a "dog whistler", this discussion obviously has reaches a dead end. Also, nobody has said that the movie is ruined, don't exaggerate for the sake of your point.
No.47005
Anonymous
>>47004
>Also, nobody has said that the movie is ruined
Ahem
>>46953

> If you are going to dismiss everbody who disagrees with your aregument as a "dog whistler"
I'm not dismissing everyone as such. I know Stone isn't. He's merely guilty of defending them. There's ample reason to suspect others of such since, ya know, we objectively have alt-right posters on plus4.
No.47006
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47008
>>47003

>Arguing that the movie is ruined if she doesn't match this arbitrary visual stereotype is insanity.

Yeah, uh…I only want her to have the red hair because it’s the primary visual aesthetic associated with MJ. I ultimately don’t care either way, so long as whoever plays the role can act and whoever writes the role gives MJ some actual depth.
No.47007
Anonymous
>>47003
>visual elements need (...) being incongruous
Like MJ not having red hair, which would be incongruous to the visuals of the character.

>If she can play the role, then give it to her.
Absolutely, and dye her hair red.
No.47008
Anonymous
Replies:>>47010
>>47006
Then you don't actually represent the opposition and have no reason to argue for them.
No.47009
Anonymous
>>46990
Or several. Dying her whole head would look weird but a nod to the original design wouldn't go amiss.
No.47010
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47008

I can see the reasoning on—and thus consider—both sides of this pointless, silly-ass argument while still expressing a desire to see a redhaired black MJ.
Replies:>>47014
save file
image:147190289300.jpg(89kB , 736x478 , b406aee8c4326aac57e98cc9884ae9ee.jpg)
>>46996
I think Zendaya can pull it off just fine. They don't have to make it rocket red, just auburn or something more orange. Not that hard at all.
No.47012
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47013
In Thor: Back to the ’80s news:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/22/could-mark-mothersbaugh-be-the-composer-for-thor-ragnarok
No.47013
Anonymous
>>47012
Double checked and it's also from Umberto Gonzalez, but it's a minor enough element of the film that he doesn't have much to gain by making stuff up unlike the Asa Butterfield Spider-Man rumor. Or the Zendaya thing if he's indeed bullshitting us (yet again).
No.47014
Anonymous
Replies:>>47015
>>47011
>>46996
YMMV but I actually do find the contrast between dark skin and bright red hair to be more visually striking.
save file
image:147192049200.jpg(67kB , 640x480 , 016a5ba41dc5428cb34d127a640ada25.jpg)
>>47014
Yep, it's a cool look.
No.47026
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47027
Thanks to the Russos, we now have an MCU Canon Update: As of the end of Civil War, Steve Rogers is no longer Captain America.
No.47027
Anonymous
>>47026
We going Nomad?
No.47028
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47030
>>47027

Doubtful, considering how close we are to the Phase Three Avengers films. He’ll be Cap again by the end of those.

(I just hope he picks up Mjolnir. WE NEED THAT SHIT IN A FILM, GODDAMMIT.)
save file
image:147219678700.jpg(151kB , 412x678 , iqt74k0uekhx.jpg)
>>47027
I hope so.
No.47030
Anonymous
Replies:>>47031
>>47028

Thor loses the Hammer in the fight with Thanos. Thanos starts in on Thor and then gets clanged upside the head by Mjolnir flying in from another direction.

Mjolnir flies back to Steve who casually flips it around while walking towards Thor.

"Its got great balance, decent heft. But I think I'll stick with my shield."

Flips Mjolnir around presenting the handle to Thor.
No.47031
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47030

No quips, please. Just…no. I dislike the Age of Ultron Third Act Superbattle partially because of the amount of quipping from the Avengers.
No.47032
Anonymous
>>47031
Whedon overused the device as he always does.

As far as I'm concerned that would be a disarming bit of banter to put Thor at ease of the situation and so he'd not be too freaked out at the mortal flipping his hammer around like a toy after just getting his butt kicked. Also the only bit for that scene before the continuation of battle.

But I do agree that Age of Ultron soured the pot on battle banter.
No.47033
Anonymous
Replies:>>47035
>>47031
Ant-Man and Civil War's airport battle scene was full of them. I think it's just the quality of the quips not the quantity. Whedon overdoes them and feels like he's mugging through the characters, while in the other films they're not so over-the-top that it makes the characters all seem like the same cocky and insufferable asshole.
No.47035
Anonymous
Replies:>>47036
>>47033
IMO the airport battle gets a pass because it isn't a serious fight, as it's basically a bunch of friends, close colleages, and superpowered fanboys going medieval, they are not fighting ultimate evil or saving the world. The only person with a muderous intent was Black Panther, and accordingly he doesn't quip at all.
No.47036
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47035

I’d also give it a pass because, for the scant few minutes he’s on-screen, the fight gave us the closest-to-perfect version of a live-action Spider-Man ever put to film. (Dat suit, tho’. Finally figuring out how to do the Ditko Eyes was a stroke of genius.)
No.47037
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=1_v76eV55B8youtube thumb
This vid is pretty great.
save file
image:147310373800.jpg(37kB , 480x480 , tmp_15313-1473102246154-934262129.jpg)
Rockem Shockem
No.47082
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47077

I like it.
No.47083
Anonymous
Replies:>>47084
>>47077
Those magnificent madmen, they actually made it quilted!
No.47084
Anonymous
>>47083
Is it? It just looks like shading from the yellow tarp at this resolution unless there are better pics out there.
No.47091
Anonymous
So they're bringing Ghost Rider to Agents of SHIELD.
//youtube.com/watch?v=gSkkI3OaOAYyoutube thumb
Seems like a waste since nobody's watching this show any more. Robbie deserves a Netflix series. But maybe it'll be good.
No.47156
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
So, who has thoughts on Luke Cage? The common refrain I’ve been hearing is the usual “everything is good but the pacing sucks so much ass” line that comes with every Marvel/Netflix series.
No.47157
Anonymous
Replies:>>47216
Liking it so far. I don't really mind the slow pace building,
No.47186
Anonymous
Replies:>>47216
I actually like the pacing of some of these Marvel Netflix series. They do have more of a "Long Movie" vibe than a series with an over arching story at times, but I'm feeling this one's got a nice Beginning Middle and End to every episode.

You get the bingewatch itch you usually have in the former, and you can consume it bite size like with more episodic stuff.

There's nothing so far on the level of Daredevil Season 1 I think. But Mike Colter really carries this nicely!
Good job, imo.
Replies:>>47192
save file
image:147570471900.png(2.91MB , 2048x1365 , zqo7h2w7ienlnfnycnjz.png)
MEANWHILE, IN THE FOX UNIVERSE: The last Wolverine film (or the last one that’ll star Hugh Jackman as everyone’s favorite mutant, at any rate) has a title—Logan—and a “mission statement” of sorts; you can read that in the attached image, tweeted out earlier today by director James Mangold (who said it’s the second page of the screenplay).

There’s also a bit of new information about the film’s plot, courtesy of The Wrap’s Umberto Gonzalez. Spoiler warning, just so you know. http://www.thewrap.com/logan-wolverine-3-plot-details-revealed-exclusive/
No.47192
Anonymous
>>47191
I'm super skeptical given the source but a plot about mutants on the decline plus a plot element called T__igen seems like the kind of swipe they'd take at Marvel comics.
No.47216
Anonymous
>>47157
Same here. I think the 2-hour format is too constraining for movies to satisfactorily resolve everything in my weird detail-obsessed perspective so having them be lengthy miniseries like this is good.
>>47186
Colter was fine but I actually think Missick is the one who really carried this show for me. If Colleen Wing is this good in Iron Fist I'd kill for a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff.
No.47219
Anonymous
So after Punisher when will we get Moon Knight?
No.47220
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
A Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 teaser dropped today.

//youtube.com/watch?v=AaY5r-L_gokyoutube thumb

BABY GROOT. WITH A RAVAGER JACKET. [insert squeeing sound here]
No.47221
Anonymous
>>47220
Never did like Guardians' style of humor, and I'm still getting that too cool for school, laugh at how clever we are vibe from this one. Hopefully it'll be more story and character focused this time, as those were the best parts of the original.
save file
image:147693209200.jpg(42kB , 432x589 , 1422664308423.jpg)
>>47220
My only problem with this sneak peak is they should have chosen a different song. Meme magic can only get you so far.
No.47223
Anonymous
Nice to see Nebula back, even if her return was a pretty obvious thing.
No.47224
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Logan got a teaser trailer, too:

//youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZoyoutube thumb
No.47250
Anonymous
Replies:>>47252
Looks like reviews for Dr. Strange are mostly positive (again). Most of them point out that the movie is too much like Iron Man, but that worked in Ant-Man's favor.
No.47252
Anonymous
Replies:>>47253
>>47250

Kinda Marvels bag though isn't it.

Person gets fucked up and then becomes a hero.
No.47253
Anonymous
Replies:>>47254
>>47252
Yeah but did they have to copy it so hard? Ant-Man mirrored IM's plot but still had some originality. Dr. Strange seems to have aped the hero's whole character arc outright.
No.47254
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47255
>>47253

It's an origin story formula that worked; of course Marvel is going to mine that shit for all it’s worth.

That isn’t a good thing, though. People will eventually notice the similarities and stop giving a shit about origin story movies. Blade worked as an ostensible “origin film” because the entire “world” existed and Blade was already doing his thing before we got into the story proper; Marvel could take a lesson from that.
No.47255
Anonymous
Replies:>>47256
>>47254
>Marvel Studios' Blade: Johnny Blade was just a wealthy socialite who didn't give a damn about the world until his mother got eaten by a vampire. Blade then traveled the world to avenge her, and in the process he didn't just gain new vampire hunting powers, but also a heart!
save file
image:147764226200.png(806kB , 960x720 , [Descriptive Caption] [Anime] [Evangelion] Screams Geometrically.png)
>>47255
No.47287
Anonymous
Replies:>>47288
http://www.slashfilm.com/junkie-xl-leaving-deadpool-2/
>We already knew that the reason for Tim Miller leaving Deadpool was due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds. Word on the street was Miller wanted to create a bigger budget, more stylized sequel while Reynolds wanted to keep it smaller and let the raunchy humor and unique storytelling style do the heavy lifting. It sounds like Junkie XL has decided that he trusts Miller more than Reynolds, and honestly, it’s hard to disagree with him.

AWW LAME
No.47288
Anonymous
Replies:>>47289
>>47287
>it’s hard to disagree with him

Uh? I thought the general consensus was that the smaller budget and scope helped the first film work so well.
No.47289
Anonymous
>>47288
It did as that kept fox from having an excuse to messing with the pot. And going from Miller talk around the time of the films release he thought so too. Guess he was seduced by the bigger budgets that Fox started promising.

Because making it a 200 Million dollar Blockbuster (Number I've heard tossed about) No way would it be Rated R or have the same humor that it did because Executives would then be calling the shots.

Which from the rumored split on Cable with Miller strangely wanting somebody the Studio would try to push instead of someone that looks like Cable. He's a lost cause as its good he walked.

/co/ being their usual contrarian troll selves and a bunch Shitting on Ryan saying its his ego getting in the way.

Ryan knows how much a studio can fuck with a film. And he's not having that.
No.47290
Anonymous
Replies:>>47291
>>47289
>No way would it be Rated R or have the same humor that it did because Executives would then be calling the shots.
Did you SEE how much the last one grossed?
No.47291
Anonymous
Replies:>>47292
>>47290

Yea and Executives would work it in their heads. "If we'd just make this PG-13 then next time we'd break a billion!"

I know for a fact they'd not let a second one be the same kinda film if they had more of a say in things.
No.47292
Anonymous
>>47291
They made the new Wolverine rated R because of Deadpool.

You don't know jack.
No.47293
Anonymous
Replies:>>47295
>>47292
No it was always going to end up that way because of the tone and subject (hint hint it's a story by Millar).
I'm surprised the previous Wolverine movie was PG13 in the first place, I guess they got away with it by avoiding blood and doing cutaways to make the violence more cartoonish because honestly the fight scenes would've otherwise probably been a lot more gruesome.
No.47294
Anonymous
Replies:>>47296
>>47292
Wolverine solos have never been strong so they've nothing to lose letting that one go out the way it will since they'll be fielding a new Wolverine after this since this one marks Jackman's retirement from the role.
No.47295
Anonymous
>>47293
Overall I liked The Wolverine. Wish Raven Software was allowed to do another of those since it was the best part of Origins Wolverine.
No.47296
Anonymous
Replies:>>47297
>>47289
The rumors about Miller splitting because of budget reasons are just that - rumors. While there were likely creative differences between Miller and Reynolds/the writers, I can't think Miller wanted to make DP2 a big-budget blockbuster like the ones mocked in the first film.

>>47294
Might even be X-23, since Laura's in Logan and all.
No.47297
Anonymous
Replies:>>47298
>>47296

Have Laura team with Jubilee and a few of the other young X-men. Be a good Spot for Kitty Pryde to act as the Veteran of the group. Maybe even include Megasonic if she's not going to be in DP2.
No.47298
Anonymous
Replies:>>47299
>>47297
Jubilee deserves better after the theatrical run of Apocalypse completely and utterly tossed her to the side.
No.47299
Anonymous
>>47298

Feel really bad for her. I say Road Trip with them and maybe add a Bobby and/or Cannonball.
No.47300
Anonymous
Replies:>>47301
Man I'm really getting tired of RLM's pandering to anti-SJW types. Like, I don't care that they disagree with this stuff in private, because I know Tumblr types truly are insufferable. But it seems like with the Ghostbusters film they go more and more out of their way to piss on the fact that people care about race and gender stuff in the media in the first place. For what it's worth I agree that the Ancient One controversy was kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation but they didn't even try to give it a fair perspective. But for a bunch of guys who get annoyed by people pushing political agendas on the media they sure like to do it themselves.
No.47301
Anonymous
>>47300
They were 100% right on point about the Tilda Swanson controversy, though. Same goes with the ridiculous Matt Damon controversy, which only requires a tiny bit of digging on who is making the film to realize that it is like a 80% Chinese production.

Also, the whole "you hate Ghostbusters = you hate women" thing. If I truly hated women, I would want MORE terrible female-driven films like Ghostbusters that crash and burn at the box office, which only makes it harder for potentially good films featuring a largerly female cast to be made.
No.47302
Anonymous
>>47301
The problem with the Tilda Swinton casting wasn't just that she was replacing an Asian role, though it's not great either because roles for Asians even as tokens aren't very common. It's that she's dolled up like an Asian and doing all the stereotypical things that make the Asian master cliche racist in the first place. She's basically doing a more heroic Asian version of the Ali G thing. That's what most of the complaints are about.
No.47303
Anonymous
>>47302
Do you agree with those complaints? Because I found Tilda's Ancient One to be the best character in the movie. I am with the RLM guys in that it was cool to see Tilda playing a "wise mentor who is also a supreme asskicker" type of character, which is an archtype that we rarely ever see women playing.
No.47304
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47303

Someone can like something while calling out its problematic elements; if anything, doing so is the only sane way of really liking a given creative work.
No.47305
Anonymous
>>47303
You act like these things are mutually exclusive. The Birth of a Nation was a film that was both superbly constructed and executed while also being really, really racist.
No.47306
Anonymous
>>47301
>If I truly hated women, I would want MORE terrible female-driven films like Ghostbusters that crash and burn at the box office
Did you.... miss the part where a lot of people DID want it to crash and burn?
No.47307
Anonymous
>>47303
>Because I found Tilda's Ancient One to be the best character in the movie.
Kinda like Bagger Vance, eh?
No.47308
Anonymous
Replies:>>47317
>>47302
Those types would have complained no matter what because of the nature of the characters involved. The white man travels to the far east and appropriates the culture, becoming a hero because of eastern mysticism while the master falls short.
No.47317
Anonymous
>>47308

Its stranger in a strange land theme. Which effects a lot more things than people realize. Batman is prone to it and has even featured that thematic in both the comics and episodes of the animated series.

Iron Fist is going to be a big one. Though I feel it'll be a bit like Kung Fu series in theme.
No.47348
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47349
So. Inhumans is gonna be a TV thing now.
No.47349
Anonymous
Replies:>>47350
>>47348
Only way it would come close to not being shit.

A. Must be on Netflix.
B. Pretty much Game of Thrones on the Moon.
No.47350
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47349

>Must be on Netflix

It’s gonna be an ABC show. The first two episodes will air in IMAX theaters first, then premiere on ABC (supposedly with additional scenes). Sorry.
No.47352
Anonymous
Damn. For at the good Disney does with things elsewhere. Letting ABC handle this stuff is a dropped ball.

Sure we wouldn't need the Sex and Violence of GoT. But pacing would be much better on Netflix.
No.47353
Anonymous
Replies:>>47354
>>47352
Agent Carter's first season was pretty good but the MCU's ABC series are probably the weakest out of everything they've got.
No.47354
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47355
>>47352
>>47353

In fairness, Marvel’s film and TV divisions are handled separately, and Feige is only in charge of the film stuff (until the end of Phase Three). If the TV side sucks, blame the TV division of Marvel Studios. And Perlmutter.
No.47355
Anonymous
Replies:>>47357
>>47354
Film/Feige was in charge of Agent Carter including it's crappy second season, and the TV division responsible for AOS is also in charge of the Netflix stuff.
No.47357
Anonymous
Replies:>>47358
>>47355

Though with Netflix that is less Network oversite and they are more likely to pitch in since those series are big draws for them and is a much more vested interest than with ABC.

ABC budgets with a location that should look regal and majestic, but also alien and ancient. Lotta money to put into something that isn't directly their product.
No.47358
Anonymous
Replies:>>47360
>>47357
Disney technically owns ABC right? Therefore it's a television original of theirs.
No.47359
Anonymous
I hope. Other networks that boils down into petty minutia squabbles.
No.47360
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47361
>>47358

WB owns DC, and it still implemented the Bat-Embargo.
No.47361
Anonymous
>>47360
And so Fox now gets to play with it. And if Fox bails I bet Netflix would love to move into Gotham.
No.47388
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
SHOWTIME, A-HOLES! A new Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 teaser trailer has arrived.

//youtube.com/watch?v=dW1BIid8Osgyoutube thumb

Baby Groot is obviously meant to be the star of this trailer, but Drax ends up stealing the show at the end. God bless Dave Bautista.
save file
image:148081090700.jpg(271kB , 700x1120 , Drax - Oh Wait You're Serious.jpg)
I apologize for nothing.
No.47392
Anonymous
Oh boy, I didn't expect Mantis to be so cute :3
No.47393
Anonymous
She looks kinda spooky to me. It's the eyes.
No.47394
Anonymous
Replies:>>47395
So if she does Drax will it reveal his family abduction origin and his purpose. Setup the Moon Dragon reveal.
No.47395
Snes !v68zTeBMI.
Replies:>>47397
>>47394
Film!Drax's family was killed by Ronan. Besides, Mantis senses how you're feeling, not your life story.
No.47397
Anonymous
>>47395
Would his purpose being a feeling or moreover his hate for Thanos if he's still a killing machine.
No.47406
Anonymous
Replies:>>47407
//youtube.com/watch?v=xrzXIaTt99Uyoutube thumb

Lucky sevens and maybe third time's the charm. Let's hope their magic combines.
No.47407
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47408
>>47406

>Lucky sevens and maybe third time's the charm.

wut
No.47408
Anonymous
>>47407
I think he means this is Spidey's 7th big screen showing (including Civil War), and the third film after the Raimi trilogy? Dunno.
No.47412
Anonymous
>>47408
Also the date is 7/7/17.
No.47413
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
ANYWHO. I liked the trailer — dem bants at the beginning are grade-A Spider-Man material — but I’m still hesitant about the film itself. I’d have to see another trailer closer to the release date before I decide whether I want to see the movie.
No.47414
Anonymous
Replies:>>47415
It seems pretty obvious that the tech for the Vulture's rig is going to be related to or based on Falcon's wing pack but I wonder what methods they will go about making this bad guy for than a threat than he was to spidey apart from being a merciless killer who has access to some sort of big ray gun.
No.47415
Anonymous
>>47414
Actually it's supposedly based on the Chitauri technology left behind from The Avengers, and it seems like they went out of their way to make the wings look like it was based off different science than Falcon's wings (which were designed by Stark Industries).
No.47416
thatother1dude !!/PKS88+dMMc
>>47408
>and the third film after the Raimi trilogy?
Think he means the third Spider-man film continuity.
No.47584
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Behold, the last trailer for "Wolverine":

//youtube.com/watch?v=DekuSxJgpbYyoutube thumb
No.47586
Anonymous
>>47584
I hope the movie ends up as awesome as it looks.
No.47587
Anonymous
Man, X-23 is going to become real popular after this.
No.47588
rasputin_zero !!e9Z+3lbULwW
>>47584
Can't help but notice that the X-Men franchise has been managing "darker 'n grittier" an order of magnitude better than the DCCU has pulled off thus far.
No.47589
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47588

"Wolverine" manages it better because it has an R rating, which means it can show the actual consequences of violence without none of the "oh, can't let Little Timmy see blood" editing of the average PG-13 action film.
No.47593
Anonymous
>>47588
X-Men films are properly dark. DCCU films are closer to edgy if Suicide Squad was any indication.
No.47594
Anonymous
>>47588
Because part of that comes from the Character unlike DCCU which is trying to force that darker tone where it doesn't need to be.
No.47679
Anonymous
Replies:>>47680
So how about that Legion show? It's OK I guess, so far.
No.47680
Anonymous
>>47679

Better than the last pseudo X-men attempt
No.47681
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
//youtube.com/watch?v=sAOzrChqmd0youtube thumb — Watch the first behind-the-scenes look at the filming of "Infinity War". The end of Phase Three begins here!

//youtube.com/watch?v=f9OKL5no-S0youtube thumb — …but well before those two films arrive, the MCU has another Netflix series to show off: "Iron Fist".
No.47682
Anonymous
Replies:>>47684
>>47681
Guess they're going the Daredevil route with the outfit and just have him with the tattoo and casual stuff before suiting up in the classic green-and-yellow.
No.47683
Anonymous
>>47681
Watching the guy from the new fox future cop show APB I think he could play a good Anthony Stark if they go that direction in switching up the actors with Ultimate/Alternate versions of themselves further down the road.

He's got that similar cadence to how RDJ acts.
No.47684
Snes !v68zTeBMI.
Replies:>>47685
>>47682
So far, Daredevil (and, if you want to count him, Punisher) are the only Netflix-series heroes who retained their original looks from the comics. Jessica and Luke even had scenes making fun of their original super suits.
No.47685
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47696
>>47684

In fairness, Luke's original outfit would have looked goofy as all hell if he had kept it for the series. Marvel could have avoided using it at all.

Though I do understand the criticism of mocking the outfit (and critcism of the whole "this is really goofy" meta-commentary used by bits like that and, say, Hawkeye's speech to Wanda in "Age of Ultron").
No.47696
Anonymous
>>47685

I really didn't mind the hoodies or his altered motives for fighting the fight. Thought there was some humor that he kept getting them all shot up. Carhartt should have put out a line of Yellow ones though, maybe some Green too if Danny shops in the same store.

That would be a cute bit. Luke forgets his hoodie. Danny gets some and they are Yellow and Green.
No.47748
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/03/04/check-out-this-deadpool-2-teaser

A version of the teaser for the "Deadpool" sequel popped up online today. There are differences between the version running in front of "Logan" and this one, which are outlined in that article.
No.47749
Anonymous
I just noticed that the Old Man and the Sea crawl is a deadpool-fied version of the book's plot synopsis in Wikipedia.
No.47750
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47751
"Logan" is greatness. No other X-Men movie outranks it. No Marvel movie comes close to it. And Dafne Keen is extraordinary.
No.47751
Anonymous
Replies:>>47752
>>47750

Its good to have one. Because as much as I'd like it to be I doubt they'll make something like this again. Heck with the way they talked about transitioning away from Xavier vs Magneto stories I'd love to see some Blue n Gold era stuff they could do with a similar tone.

But I know they won't and there won't be a Ryan Reynolds on their team to stop them.

But they did the one that's the best so good job.
No.47752
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47753
>>47751

"Logan" should be a one-of-a-kind thing — in the sense that nobody should copy it for years to come.

//youtube.com/watch?v=VGsymY_mJ5gyoutube thumb
No.47753
Anonymous
>>47752
Oh for sure. But they'll try, and fail.

I'm just getting to the point that a good lot of the Blue and Gold Team era would make good play for somewhat serious stories. Cyclops and Storm stepping up as leaders to the X-men and dealing with the growing threats of Anti-mutant and Mutant Criminals.
No.47754
Anonymous
Replies:>>47756
So the reviews for the first half of Iron Fist are in, and they're not good. The MCU's first outright bomb. Lot of them complaining that Finn Jones sucks in the role and that the fight scenes are crappy, which is a big problem when your show is all about kung fu.
No.47755
Anonymous
Replies:>>47757
Thw well is so mucked up over this show I cannot trust any reviews cept my own. I'll watch it myself with an eye of someone that enjoyed the Kung Fu series of old which had a similar base theme. Outsider out to prove themselves.
No.47756
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47754

>The MCU's first outright bomb.

At least it is a Netflix series and not a theatrical release. But yeah, I kinda figured Marvel would drop a dud during this Phase.
No.47757
Anonymous
>>47755
We already know Finn Jones can't act, he has zero prior fighting experience in a show that can't rely on stuntment to cover for you, and the show is run by the same guy who ran Dexter into the ground. I'll wait to see it for myself but I don't see any reason to be skeptical unless you're one of those /co/tards who genuinely think there's a HURDUR DEM LIBRUHL SJW REVERSE SHILLS conspiracy forcing them to review it badly for not making him Asian, because it sure didn't stop them from giving Dr. Bland great reviews and besides professional reviewers tend to be the last people to actually give a shit about that.
No.47758
Anonymous
Replies:>>47759
So just chalking this up as a fail. Would this along with the other budget complication moves maybe put Disney in mind to removing Perlmutter yet?
No.47759
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47758

So long as Marvel shows do not outright bomb (and Marvel avoids really shitting the bed in terms of comic sales), Disney has no real reason to remove him.
save file
image:148943427500.jpg(199kB , 641x950 , 1489378950023.jpg)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 comes out May 5.
No.47774
Anonymous
Replies:>>47781
I finally had time to start watching Iron Fist... and I totally don't see what's supposed to be so terrible about it.
No.47781
Anonymous
Replies:>>47782
>>47774
First six episodes really are mediocre as fuck and a drag compared to the other three series' front halves. Second half is better but on the whole it's definitely the weakest of the Netflix series even if it's not outright terrible.
No.47782
Anonymous
>>47781

His adventure to get to New York sounds like a cooler story to follow than him being in New York. Also it would have been better setup for things. Fighting in Hong Kong and Japan running into members of the Hand. Finding out the Hand is in New York and trying to expand by using his families company as a front.

First season ends with him walking into the Barbershop.

"Excuse me. I'm looking to get a trim."
save file
image:149041297900.jpg(194kB , 711x1080 , ono08hbmbeny.jpg)
Replies:>>47809
save file
image:149063214000.jpg(73kB , 564x564 , 1490624757039.jpg)
Will the new spidermans movie be good?
No.47809
Anonymous
>>47808
>Lego Batman is good
>Logan is fantastic
>Iron Fist is mediocre

Are the tides finally changing?
No.47810
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47809

Not really. “The Lego Batman Movie” and “Logan” sat well outside of the DCEU and the MCU, and aside from licensing approval (and maybe a little creative input here and there), neither film was as heavily “controlled” as a DCEU or an MCU film. Their quality comes from filmmakers having a vision and executing it without worrying about larger concerns such as “worldbuilding” or “merchandising”, not just from the licenses or who owns them. “Iron Fist” turning out to be hot garbage on nearly every level is also not a sign of change. No one gets it right all the time; even Marvel was bound to have its first major failure sooner or later.

Not to say that franchise fatigue is not a thing. Superhero films have dominated the film landscape (at least in terms of marketing and visibility) over the past decade, and they are not going away any time soon. But a few more contentious-in-quality films such as “Batman v Superman” or shows such as “Iron Fist” might finally make audiences tired of “capeshit” for a while. Marvel’s first major box office bomb will be the surest sign that franchise fatigue has kicked in for wider audiences.
No.47811
Anonymous
>>47809
If Wonder Woman becones a surprise hit, and both GotG2 and Spiderman Homecoming underperform, you could talk about "changing tides", but not with the examples cited.
No.47812
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47813
MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE SONY RANCH:

http://collider.com/venom-movie-rating-r/

“Deadpool” and “Logan” seem to have kickstarted an R-Rated Superhero Film boom.
No.47813
Anonymous
Replies:>>47814
>>47812
Deadpool and Logan being R worked because the R rating was done in service of the story they wanted to tell. This just feels like another case of Sony bandwagoning since we don't even know if the Spiderman movie is going to be any good.
No.47814
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>47813

Well, like the article said: “Sony still owns the cinematic portrayals of the web-crawler and something on the order of 900 Marvel characters. It goes without saying that they’d like to capitalize on that intellectual property.” I see them pushing “Venom” out as an extension of that, and making it an R-rated film builds on (read: tries to ape) the successes of “Logan” and “Deadpool” while also cementing a different direction than the MCU.

(Quick aside: Sony has the film rights to nine hundred Marvel characters? Jesus, Marvel. You really fucked yourselves on those movie deals back in the 2000s.)
No.47816
Anonymous
>>47814
Spiderman has a shitton of characters, I wouldn't be surprised if at least a hundred of them are just random classmates of Peter's.
No.47818
Anonymous
>>47814
>Jesus, Marvel. You really fucked yourselves on those movie deals back in the 2000s.

Bankrupcity tends to do that.
No.47819
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47821
Speaking of Spider-Man, the new trailer for “Homecoming” is out.

I would link it here, but it contains at least a few spoilers about the film, so…watch it at your own peril, folks.
No.47821
Anonymous
>>47819

Its not bad. I think this will work well.
No.47822
Anonymous
Replies:>>47823
Getting a bit tired of Iron Man.

He has no footing to be lecturing others about doing incredibly stupid shit at all since he's basically the root cause of many of the things that threaten the setting even beyond his own personally stupid actions that cause direct fallout.
No.47823
Anonymous
>>47822

Kinda the reason he's giving Peter a hard time. He wants him to be better than him. I'm okay with that role since we've got a history of with him failing and he's trying to rebuild from losing everything on a personal level multiple times.
No.47845
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47847
HEY GUESS WHAT SQUIRREL GIRL IS GOING TO BE IN A NEW MARVEL TV SERIES SO THAT IS BASICALLY THE BEST NEWS OF TODAY.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/squirrel-girl-tv-series-freeform-orders-marvels-new-warriors-991277

[squee]
No.47847
Anonymous
>>47845
>http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/squirrel-girl-tv-series-freeform-orders-marvels-new-warriors-991277

>Freeform

Eh I guess that's gonna be their place for the Young Teen Marvel shows. Okay I guess. Shannon Purser (Barbara from Stranger Things and now Ethel on the Archie series) Wanted to be considered for the role so I hope she has a chance to try out.

Pick her over Anna Kendrick please.

DC should do something similar. A Teen Titans show that goes midway between between the action of the old show and the slapstick zany of TTG could be a good fit. But can't because they've no longer got access to one of the most important parts.
No.47852
Anonymous
The Thor movie looks like its going to be Fun
No.47853
Anonymous
>Skurge with the AK47s is in
>Thor has his helmet
>Kirby aesthetics all over
>short hair Chris Hemsworth is hot as fuck
>evil Cate Blanchett is hot as fuck
>Valkyrie is a qt

I'm actually hype for this.
No.47854
Anonymous
>>47853
"Its okay Karl you don't have to... *sigh* he's already shaving his head isn't he?"

I admire Karl Urban and his pursuit of Character.
No.47855
Anonymous
>>47853
>evil Cate Blanchett is hot as fuck

Very yes.
save file
image:149186133600.jpg(12kB , 480x360 , hqdefault.jpg)
>>47853
>Skurge with the AK47s is in
save file
image:149186580900.jpg(809kB , 994x1528 , [Thor] #362 - P18.jpg)
>Skurge
>looking as if he is holding the bridge

It will never match this, but then again, few things can ever match the greatness of Walt Simonson.
No.47862
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47863
Deadpool has his Cable: Josh Brolin has officially signed on to play the role.
No.47863
Anonymous
>>47862
Excellent.
No.47883
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47884
Here is the first trailer for “Cloak & Dagger”, coming in 2018 to Freeform: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/854788218117607424

(Incidentally, I would love to know how the hell ABC/Disney managed to finagle out of the deal where the network absolutely had to have the word “Family” in it somewhere.)
No.47884
Anonymous
>>47883
According to Tom Ascheim president of the network that was all just an urban legend.
No.47919
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47925
Whether you wanted them or not, The Defenders are finally here.

//youtube.com/watch?v=4h3m7B4v6Zcyoutube thumb
No.47924
Anonymous
Replies:>>47927
So that GOTG2 eh? Does Gamora actually get to do anything this time?
No.47925
Tiki
>>47919
Speaking of hot people beating up and getting beaten up.

//youtube.com/watch?v=nI7HVnZlleoyoutube thumb
No.47927
Alpharius
>>47924
She gets a good arc with Nebula. I feel Gamora got a meaningful character arc, unlike Drax at least.
No.47933
Anonymous
Replies:>>47934
Random thought but Drax being an alien instead of a guy from Earth is a good change.

Comicbook settings are too obsessed with making everything from or related overly much to Earth (usually America specifically, and in Marvel its even more likely to be New York)
Replies:>>47935
save file
image:149443943900.jpg(267kB , 897x644 , fuck yeah.jpg)
>>47933
Only thing is it means no Moondragon though.
No.47935
Alpharius a go go
>>47934
Never say never. If Adam Warlock can come back, I'm sure Moondragon can come somehow.

Now what I want to see next in the cinematic marvelverse is Man-Thing, preferably as a tv series.
No.47951
Anonymous
Phya'vell is hunting the legendary "Dragon of the Moon" Guardians get called in to transport a survivor from a recent Dragon attack and Phya is hanging around hoping the survivor will be good bait.
save file
image:149533135800.jpg(1.14MB , 2049x3153 , bane_pod_image_01.jpg)
WE ARE VENOM
No.47956
Mister Twister
Well, Linkin Park have released a new album.

And it is mainstream pop.

Never knew I would be living in the strangest times.
No.47957
Eating
>>47956
Is it Mike Shinoda complaing about his ex girlfriend for a whole album again? Or did he get over it?
No.47958
Mister Twister
Replies:>>47959
>>47957
I do not know about the band, it just sounds like everything on the mainstream!pop radio.
No.47959
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>47963
>>47956
>>47957
>>47958

Psst. Look at the OP.
save file
image:149556997900.png(160kB , 520x545 , rf I am sorry.png)
>>47959
I am stupid.
No.47989
Alpharius a go go
Replies:>>47990
So I'm slowly catching up on the MCU and I'm currently watching Age of Ultron. So what was the reasoning on the Banner/Natasha relationship? I'm not super opposed to it, but it does feel out of left feild.

And the 'quipy-ness' is ok sometimes, but it is a tad thick in places.
No.47990
Anonymous
>>47989
>So what was the reasoning on the Banner/Natasha relationship?

Well, she is both the Hulk's handler and the person charged to keep an eye on Banner (ever since the first film), so I guess they became closer between movies.

I guess they felt since Cap, Thor, Ironaman and Hawkeye had some element of romance in their stories, Natasha too needed it. According to Whedon, he found the idea of the scenes of the Widow calming the Hulk to be romantic and intimate, and things developed from there. I'd rather her to not be in any relationship, but the romance is so light and downright platonic and doesn't really go anywhere serious, I didn't really mind. It's unnecesary, but not the RUINED FOREVER deal that some people exploded with back in the day.

IMO, if they wanted to make it interesting, Natasha should actually have been more interested in the Hulk than in Banner. Now that's a crack shipping that would take everybody by surprise.
No.47991
Anonymous
>>47990
Maybe that will be part of how he's in Ragnarok.
No.47992
Alpharius a go go
>>47990
>more interested in the Hulk than in Banner
As a fan of crack ships, that sounds deliciously absurd. It even had some weight with her line about needing the Hulk to get up to the city. I am happy about the platonic-ness more.

Just finished it. Yeah, the quips were more of a hindrance in my enjoyment, but on the whole Age of Ultron was fine. I didn't love it as much as my first watch of the 1st Avengers, but that was a right time n place for me. I'm not dreading watching Civil War like I use to any more, so that's a plus.
No.47993
Anonymous
>>47992
Civil War is no Winter soldier, but it's still pretty nice.

But be warned if you are a Zemo fan, he's a cool villain in the film, but far, FAR removed from how the character is in the comics.
No.48008
Anonymous
>>47992
Personally I loved Civil War. The quips are mainly in the airport fight but not that bad. The Cap trilogy in general tends to be light on the quips anyway.
No.48009
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48010
No.48010
Anonymous
>>48009
4chan's /tv/ reaction to the trailer is hilariously predictable, those guys don't put any effort anymore to the trolling.

Also, this happens after Civil War, right? Sebastian Stan is nowhere in the film's casting AFAIK, so I guess the plot thread with Bucky won't be advanced here.
No.48011
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48010

>this happens after Civil War, right?

Yep.
No.48013
Anonymous
>>48010
/co/ threads are also a fucking shitshow, which is weird because most of the other news threads for it like casting announcements have been relatively civil.

They might make Bucky's tube a Macguffin that allows him to cameo without Sebastian Stan being there or put him in the stinger since this movie is the last before Infinity War.
Replies:>>48015
save file
image:149723369400.jpg(266kB , 956x1280 , guardians of the ticket.jpg)
Saw Guardians 2 about a month after the premiere.

Twas fucking glorious.
No.48015
Anonymous
Replies:>>48016
>>48014
I felt that the whole sisters drama in the middle was shitty and forced, but the film more than made up for it in multiple ways. 8.5/10 unusual fight scenes are great
No.48016
Mister Twister
Replies:>>48017
>>48015
Me thinked the film had no flaws.
No.48017
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48016

As much as I want to vomit for saying this, it must be said: “No movie is without sin.”
No.48018
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48019
Spoilers for Spider-Man: Homecoming. (I know, I know: What the hell else is there left to spoil by now, given all the trailers and such?)

Remember all the fuss over whether Zendaya was going to be MJ? Turns out that all the racists pissed their pants for nothing. The film’s junior novelization revealed her character as Michelle Toomes—the daughter of Adrian Toomes, a.k.a. The Vulture.
No.48019
Anonymous
>>48018
I suspected as much. El Mayimbe is known to be full of shit half the time, and one of the trailers seems to have been heavily suggesting as much. Unless it's a fakeout, as the junior novelizations don't always line up with the actual movies.
No.48020
Anonymous
Replies:>>48022
>>48019
Much like toys sometimes based on earlier concepts before the finalized production designs/scripts.
No.48022
Anonymous
>>48020
>>48019
Seems like it would be too big of a plot point for them to go for it only to change their minds and drop it after 90% of the film is done.
No.48023
Alpharius a go go
Replies:>>48024
I hope Black Panther is good, like Winter Soldier good.
No.48024
Anonymous
>>48023
I have faith in them. All the names from the actors to the director, screenwriter, and cinematography look great and the comics they're based off of are some of my faves.
No.48025
Anonymous
Replies:>>48026
OK, I just saw the trailer to the Flatliners remake, which was something I had no idea that existed.

...WHY?
No.48026
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48025

Y’all really need to start checking the OPs before y’all post.
No.48037
Anonymous
Replies:>>48038
Response to Homecoming is (again) mostly positive, saying it's good if not amazing. At least they're saying the Vulture is a decent villain so the movies are improving in that front.
No.48038
Anonymous
>>48037
Still Sony is delusional if they think they can go at it alone again.
No.48059
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
In Marvel TV news, WE HAVE A SQUIRREL GIRL.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-new-warriors-squirrel-girl-cast-milana-vayntrub-derek-theler-topline-freeform-comedy-1019588
No.48060
Anonymous
>>48059
The lady from the phone commercials. Okay?

Just odd as again I thought with the New Warriors they'd shoot for a younger cast.
No.48061
Anonymous
>>48059
Looks good enough even if she's not as rodenty as Anna Kendrick.
No.48062
Alpharius a go go
Replies:>>48075
Just saw Spiderman Homecoming. Some of the high schooler shenanigans were cringy as fuck, but I think it's a modern classic.
No.48075
Anonymous
>>48062

It tried to emulate the 80s era teen films. To iffy success.
Replies:>>48085
save file
image:150049765000.jpg(38kB , 768x449 , netflix-punisher-series.jpg)
The upcoming “Punisher” series has a logo.
Replies:>>48084
save file
image:150061349800.jpg(113kB , 444x611 , 1445961839411.jpg)
http://www.cbr.com/legion-panel-x-men-sdcc-2017/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

>Before things wrapped, Hawley left the session with a major tease. “Because I’m at Comic-Con, I wanted to let you know about a movie I’m developing for Fox. The first word is ‘Doctor.’ And the second is ‘Doom.'”
No.48084
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48088
>>48082

Given just how badly Fox has fucked up on this particular character in the past, I have no hopes for this. At least that means I could be pleasantly surprised if it works out, though.
Replies:>>48086
save file
image:150068524800.jpg(877kB , 1256x1920 , VBY7oUf.jpg)
>>48077
“I think with Frank and with the world that he’s very much involved in, he’s a soldier, so I think there will be very much a military component of the show. It will be somewhat centered on that… I think that [the] Frank Castle that was in Daredevil is not in Punisher.”

That is a really good sign that they get him, apparently Punisher is gonna be sort of a bubble continuity. He'll be The Punisher in crossover stuff like Daredevil, but he'll be THE Punisher when he stands alone.
No.48086
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48085

Optimism rising.
No.48088
Anonymous
>>48084
On the other hand it's being handled by the guy who did Legion and apparently reviews for that show are pretty good, saying it's Hollywood-level stuff.
No.48090
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
//youtube.com/watch?v=ue80QwXMRHgyoutube thumb

This just keeps looking better and better.
No.48091
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48096
Also, in “Captain Marvel” news: It will be set during the 1990s, it will feature Nick Fury (with two eyes!), and the good Captain will be fighting THE MOTHERFUCKING SKRULL.
save file
image:150083415100.jpg(155kB , 519x475 , 1500829426537.jpg)
A trailer for Infinity War was leaked apparently but it was taken down from Youtube before I could watch it.
No.48095
Anonymous
Replies:>>48097
>>48094
Between this and Winter Soldier the Russos really like Metal Gear Solid don't they.
No.48096
Anonymous
Replies:>>48099
>>48091
>SKRULL

Them in general or have we got Kl'rt in the mix?
No.48097
Anonymous
>>48095

And Metal Gear likes them back. Least the part of Metal Gear that matters.
Replies:>>48100
save file
image:150084419900.jpg(125kB , 605x807 , 1500828378841.jpg)
WTF, I love Infinity War now?

Stupid sexy beards.
No.48099
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48096

In general. Marvel showed off Skrull concept art at SDCC as part of the “Captain Marvel” part of the MCU panel.
save file
image:150086005800.jpg(27kB , 309x309 , grid-cell-6583-1434393132-7.jpg)
>>48098
>the three Chrises are amalgamating
No.48102
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>48103
>>48101

…shit, I’d watch it.
No.48103
Anonymous
>>48102
According to Kojima we already kinda did. Least a Sons of Liberty movie.
No.48104
Mister Twister
>>48101
>non-interactive MGS
No.48105
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48104

So, MGS2?

(There really needs to be a Kappa equivalent in emoji.)
save file
image:150098066100.jpg(428kB , 1920x1080 , 1500979454774.jpg)
No.48107
Anonymous
>>48104
>non-interactive MGS

That's too easy of setup for a joke
save file
image:150140176900.jpg(757kB , 540x2528 , a1947bbff35ebdf5e0783a3ae3f1be4a.jpg)
>>48101
Replies:>>48130
save file
image:150216431900.jpg(110kB , 750x749 , bpXcPlP.jpg)
Yes! So much yes.
No.48130
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48128

There better be a Viper Beam joke somewhere in that movie, goddammit.
No.48131
Anonymous
and then there is this bit of crazy. Starring The Hoff.

//youtube.com/watch?v=3MMMe1drnZYyoutube thumb

they actually got old equipment to record this.
No.48132
Anonymous
So Disney is planning on pulling out of their Netflix partnership in 2019 and starting their own Streaming Service.

Puts the future of the Marvel shows in question.

Stupid idea to be honest. Nobody wants a multitude of services. Its why the CBS Direct thing will collapse and why HBO service is pretty much a seasonal affair.

Hell if Amazon service wasn't part of Prime I wouldn't have it regardless how much I like some of their series.

Though for Disney to give up on trying to acquire Netflix says something about Netflix position. Its pretty strong.
No.48133
thatother1dude !!/PKS88+dMMc
Replies:>>48139
>>48132
>Nobody wants a multitude of services.
People are fine with several at once, but only like 1-3, not 10. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime together are still much less than most cable packages people want.
No.48139
Anonymous
>>48133

And part of that push is some surreal attempt to save ESPN. That albatross has been in a spiral for years. Guess that whole dividing content into more and small niche premium channels wasn't such a good idea.
No.48143
Anonymous
>>48132
I hope not. Only reason I watch Daredevil and the like is because I already own Netflix. And I don't care enough about the rest of Disney's stuff to sign up for it. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same, so I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to a drop off in viewership.
No.48246
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hEyoutube thumb

Love how they worked the gun sounds into the music beats. Its like a longer version for Doom intro.
No.48247
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48246

And Frank certainly knows how to rip and tear.
No.48248
Anonymous
>>48246
>Metallica
I'm fucking dying.
No.48303
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
And now, the official trailer for Black Panther:

//youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPUyoutube thumb
No.48308
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Netflix’s The Punisher finally gets a release date: the 17th of November.
No.48315
Alpharius
So after a long time procrastinating, I got around to watching Civil War. It felt like a hybrid of the first Avengers and Winter Soldier. It's major flaws being Tony's first thought to get more hands on board was to blackmail Sipderman into a mook, that fucking X-Men level 'line up and punch each other' and Zemo. Just, goddamn. It almost surpassed Winter Soldier in my books, but at least I'm properly hyped for BLACK PANTHER. Watching homecoming before wasn't that big of a mistake as I thought it would.
No.48374
Anonymous
Thor Ragnarok did the impossible, it made me like the MCU version of Thor.
Replies:>>48394
The Punisher reminds me of JAG and NCIS, like, a lot.
No.48394
Anonymous
>>48387

A bit. Reminds me of some of the "drier" Punisher arcs. Yea sure we get some killing and stuff and a the one guy who's head gets so messed up he can't cope and ends up getting in the way and Frank has to deal with him.

Overall not the best Punisher story but still it was a solid one.

Jigsaw will be right on time for season 2 so I'm hyped for that.
No.48424
Anonymous
Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer is out.
//youtube.com/watch?v=fmrdsRdYZlgyoutube thumb
Looks kinda fun.
No.48426
Anonymous
Replies:>>48427
Well... Pretty sure people are going to misinterpret the message black panther tries to instill.
No.48427
Anonymous
Replies:>>48428
>>48426
That isolationism and xenophobia are bad?
No.48428
Anonymous
>>48427
That racially motivated violence is okay as long as you hide behind the idea of oppression.
No.48429
Anonymous
Replies:>>48430
>>48428
It's pretty obvious what you're supposed to think since he's the badguy of the movie.
No.48430
Anonymous
Replies:>>48433
>>48429
Some people really aren't going to see him that way
No.48433
Anonymous
Replies:>>48435
>>48430
Yes? And there are people who see the Nazis in Inglorious Basterds as the real victims or heroes too. I don't see why you should give a shit about them, unless you're the kind of person who gets easily spooked by Ess Jay Doubleyew boogeymen.
No.48435
Anonymous
>>48433
More worried about the militant members of BLM in the area actually.
No.48437
Anonymous
>>48435
Ah, so it is Ess Jay Doubleyew boogeymen.
No.48438
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>48428
Except no, that is not the case at all. Killmonger had a good idea in “we should do more for those like us in places that are not Wakanda”; where he went wrong was “and we should start by becoming the African equivalent of Great Britain”. That people can sympathize with his view of Wakanda as a “lost son”—as someone who never knew of his homeland, but grew up knowing his homeland would rather hide from the world instead of helping Black people around the world—does not mean he was right to believe violence and colonization were the answer.

>>48435
Damn, son, does it hurt when you clutch your pearls that hard?
No.417232
Anonymous
Replies:>>417474
[non-/mtv/ discussion continued in /baw/politics]
No.417240
Anonymous
So Forbes made an article that's nothing but Infinity War spoilers deliberately to troll people. What a bunch of assholes.
No.417246
Anonymous
New thread up now for anyone who cares.
No.417474
Anonymous
>>417232
>[non-/mtv/ discussion continued in /baw/politics]
Wait a second. The backend allows posts to be moved to different boards? I thought it only worked on the same board.