/cog/ - Traditional & Video Gaming

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 307 posts, 31 files (31 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /cog/196830 Close window
Options
save file
image:143714103200.png(1.10MB , 1280x720 , vf_contradiction_ql_07132015_4000.mp4_snapshot_00.42.46_[2015.07.17_15.43.49].png)
New thread for LPs and other such things.
Old one's still gonna be on the first page for a while with how dead this place is, but here's a link anyway: >>193479
Also, you should all watch the Contradiction Quick Look on Giant Bomb. It's amazing.
No.196833
Anonymous
Wow, the ending of Her Story was seriously underwhelming, but maybe that's because I already saw the final twist coming from midway through the first video.
No.196836
T4 was here
//youtube.com/watch?v=nV01ZMI49EEyoutube thumb
There is something weird about this guy but I cant put my finger on it.
No.196837
Anonymous
Been genuinely playing Contradiction and I'm getting that all too familiar adventure game anger. Especially when something someone says directly contradicts what someone else said, but you can't nail them on it, because that's not how the game's internal logic works.
No.196848
Jumpman
//youtube.com/watch?v=dXxrOPXxhpAyoutube thumb

Dan: What game is this?
Arin: It's Sonic Adventure.
Dan: Excellent. Is it good?
Arin: No.

This and Mario Galaxy is gonna provide some good material in the coming weeks.
save file
image:143735744400.gif(1.60MB , 320x265 , tumblr_nrree1YC4m1qins7oo1_400.gif)
>>196848
No.196854
Anonymous
Replies:>>196857
>>196848
They have to be playing a glitched version of the game or something. In all my years of playing this and watching other people play it, this has never happened.
No.196857
Anonymous
>>196854
No, I believe it. They somehow introduced more bugs when porting the game to the Gamecube.

Also, most people were smart enough to just hold forward for those parts of the level, and the game (usually) handles that fine.
No.196858
Anonymous
>>196857
So Arin was intentionally stopping to fuck with the game's physics, just so he can go "See? That happened for no reason, this game sucks!" just to be a douche?
No.196859
Anonymous
>>196858
It'd be just to be a douche if he were playing on his own.

He's running a show and has to do something entertaining and people eat shit like that up. Why the hell do you think they're playing another shitty 3D sonic in the first place?
No.196864
Jumpman
Replies:>>196866
>>196857
>>196858

>Also, most people were smart enough to just hold forward for those parts of the level, and the game (usually) handles that fine.

That's not an excuse for the game fucking up, if it can't handle any direction that's not forward.
No.196866
Deon
Replies:>>196868
>>196864
Dr. Robotnik's nefarious speed traps.
No.196868
rasputin_zero
>>196866
Dr Robotnik's nefarious speed traps are exactly why Let's Players keep coming back to Sonic games. Even the Megadrive originals were often strung together with scotch tape and hope, made by programmers who crossed their fingers and prayed the players would do exactly what they were supposed to do - the more complex the engine they had to use, the more the games resembled a Jenga tower that would fall to pieces in a light breeze. Surefire comedy gold.
No.196873
Anonymous
Replies:>>196877
>>196858

If you count 'navigating the world using the standard control options but without doing the exact thing the game is praying you do' as 'fucking with the physics', sure.
No.196877
Anonymous
Replies:>>196879
>>196873
It doesn't matter that the game might break if you don't hold forward. The fact of the matter is what kind of idiot doesn't hold forward when you're automatically being pushed through dash pads in a straight line?
No.196879
Anonymous
>>196877

Well for one thing, up on the control pad only occasionally actually represents the direction Sonic is moving on the screen. For another, the game literally tells you to keep going whichever way you want when the camera angle changes. And for another, it most DEFINITELY matters that the game breaks if you deviate from the developer's exact vision. If the game can't handle any input but up without breaking hysterically, why not just take control away from the player during those sequences?
No.196880
Anonymous
Replies:>>196883
>the game isn't glitchy, he's playing it wrong!!!
>if you don't hold forward all the times you must be STUPID
>if you run into bugs it's your fault for not playing on autopilot

sonic fans, everyone

>The fact of the matter is what kind of idiot doesn't hold forward when you're automatically being pushed through dash pads in a straight line?

some people actually played the old sonic games and remember that those reward you for not just holding right all the time

the whole "go fast 100% of the time" nonsense is why most sonic games are shit - they're bad platformers and bad racing games
save file
image:143746198400.png(75kB , 200x238 , Uhhh_Sakura_Sandwich.png)
All I gotta say is, I didn't have nearly this much trouble playing Sonic Adventure on the dreamcast...
No.196883
Anonymous
>>196880
Not him, but that doesn't excuse that Arin is deliberately messing with the game. Sonic Adventure is not Sonic 06. Glitches like that during normal gameplay don't happen 80% of the time. Especially not on the Dreamcast original.
No.196884
Anonymous
Replies:>>196888
Its a gameshow where the main draw to a sonic game is seeing how its fucked up even if it means making it fuck up.
Yeah, its scummy and they're not really coming clean about it, but in a metatextual context its clear as day.
No.196885
Jumpman
Replies:>>196886
>>196883
>Not him, but that doesn't excuse that Arin is deliberately messing with the game.

You make it sound like Arin is entered some complicated Super Mario World algorithm crap (//youtube.com/watch?v=FkQdwUns7H8). He slowed down a bit and didn't hold forward. The game should NOT have fucked up like that. Either in the original version or the Gamecube port released five years later. Poor collision detection like that is inexcusable.
No.196886
Anonymous
>>196885
You're right. It shouldn't have. Because I just popped in SADX for the Gamecube just now, and played Emerald Coast. And I did the exact same shit he did, not holding forward. Guess what the fuck happened? Nothing. Sonic stopped for a bit and kept going. He made it through the loop. He didn't clip out of the world.

I replayed it 4 more times just to be sure. Same deal. Then I played it 5 more times and attempted to go backwards while being pushed instead of not pressing forward. I fell ONCE, but only because the camera screwed up and I accidentally walked off the edge. So if I can play the same damn part 10 times in different ways, and nothing fucking happens, then the Grumps have to be doing something wrong. This is not fanboyism. This is BASIC science.

I know it's the hip and cool thing these days to hate all Sonic games, but if Sonic Adventure was really this glitchy, absolutely nobody would see it in a bright light.
No.196887
Anonymous
Replies:>>196888
>>196886

Really, I think we all know what this is. Game Grumps has been shedding viewers so he's trying to recapture the Sonic 2006 attention.
No.196888
Anonymous
>>196883
>>196884
>>196886
>>196887
how about you present some fucking PROOF

if there is a way to deliberately produce the fuckups shown then someone probably already documented it
I'm not googling it, you're making the accusation, you have to present proof

>So if I can play the same damn part 10 times in different ways, and nothing fucking happens, then the Grumps have to be doing something wrong. This is not fanboyism. This is BASIC science.

because software (especially something from the late 90s, which also happened to be new territory for the company at the time) is totally guaranteed to be bug-free and anyone finding a bug is just some evil liar trying to make the game look bad

10 times? that's statistically irrelevant
do you seriously believe running a program 10 times without failure even counts as evidence towards proper functionality?
anecdotal evidence isn't science
I played through sonic 3 & knuckles like a dozen times and I fell through the floor for no discernible reason once; you'd now claim that I'm stupid for having it happen or I manipulated the game in some way, right? bugs? unthinkable in muh favorite nostalgia game, dissenters are just full of hate and hack games or apply TAS-level tricks to make them look bad!!!
also look up what probability is, you don't seem to understand the concept

this shit is fucking unreal, I can't believe fanboy retards can get this mad over someone running into bugs in a decade-old game and making fun of it
you sound like viral marketers

"arin's an angry moron who likes to bitch about games, therefore he manipulates muh grorious sonikku game into glitching out to trash-talk it artificially; that's 100% sound logic, don't you dare to disagree you SONIC-HATER"

are you fuckheads listening to yourselves?
"not fanboyism" my ass

>if Sonic Adventure was really this glitchy, absolutely nobody would see it in a bright light.

hello there stranger, welcome to the internet; you have a lot to learn

if sonic 06 had been the first 3D sonic game, you'd never hear the end of the rampant apologism; sonic fans would praise it as a classic despite all the bugs and shit gameplay because being the first grants a lot of leeway

same as pokemon genwunners calling the first game challenging or "deeper" or "better designed"

if you believe that arin being arin is proof enough that he "manipulated the game", you either need to go back to 8chan or apply as a videogame journalist because you clearly favor your personal narrative over actual logic
Replies:>>196891
save file
image:143747551600.jpg(30kB , 600x457 , a41.jpg)
>>196888
Not him, but pic related. Jesus.
No.196891
Anonymous
>>196889
yes, I mad

fanboyism is retarded
No.196893
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>196894
>>196888

I'm not typically prone to saying this, but I believe it fits here: your autism is showing.
No.196894
Anonymous
>>196893
did you pay your 10bux yet, mr wannabe e-superhero?
No.196895
Anonymous
Replies:>>196896
>>196888
>10 times? that's statistically irrelevant. do you seriously believe running a program 10 times without failure even counts as evidence towards proper functionality?
As a game tester, I can tell you with 100% confidence that yes, running something 10 times is the standard to test issues amd functionality. Especially for prioritizing fixes.
No.196896
Anonymous
>>196895
and that's why games are pretty much bug-free oh wait even AAA games ship with bugs

but sure, let's pretend that proves arin somehow produced a bug that doesn't occur otherwise because insulting sonic is hipsterism but hating game grumps is a right opinion
No.196897
Anonymous
Replies:>>196898
>>196896
I don't care about Arin or Sonic.
I'm just telling you the industry standard for Q&A as set by professionals against your personal opinion.
No.196898
Anonymous
Replies:>>196902
>>196897
okay

>>196886 is going to take it as proof for his claims anyway, that's how these things always go
save file
image:143749778900.png(202kB , 640x480 , uhhhhh_Starfire.png)
>>196896
>but hating game grumps is a right opinion

...but hating Game Grumps IS the right opinion.
No.196901
Anonymous
Replies:>>196902
So are we suggesting that Arin is somehow competent enough in anything to be able to purposefully break the game?

And of course they're trying to recollect Sonic 06 here. Hell Arin even made a Jon esque noise in the second episode, but the problem is that Danny is a place where jokes go to die. He just says "right" or "Sorry I wasn't paying attention" most of the time. The two do not mesh well together and due to Dan's unwillingness to carry on a joke or concept, Arin has had to step up the zaniness to 12 to try and make up for it.

That said I have never really been into Sonic games at all so I can't tell you if this one is as busted as the other 3D sonics seem to be, but I can say from an objective standpoint that it does not appear to be a good game from my own personal standpoint glitches or no.
No.196902
Anonymous
Replies:>>196904
>>196898
How about everyone else who's played this game on Youtube and that glitch never happened? Or the ridiculous amount of people who reviewed it and didn't say one word about glitches happening for no reason? Plus the suspiciousness of them trying to rekindle the Sonic 06 flame like >>196901 says.

No it's not proof, there's a substantial amount of evidence here.
No.196904
Anonymous
Replies:>>196905
>>196902
>No it's not proof, there's a substantial amount of evidence here.
No, you have a conspiracy theory. While saying that other tubers haven't commented on any glitches is not to say that do not and cannot exist. 3D Sonic games are certainly no stranger to bugs and glitches. How would they be able to possibly glitch the game out in the loop twice on disk if it "totally never happens"? Are you suggesting they have a way to trigger such glitches on a whim? Or perhaps that the editing team has the time and resources to edit video to match what Arin and Dan say (which would need to be scripted)?

I would suggest they may be playing on an emulator or with a cheat device however which can cause code to break down a bit from time to time depending on the quality of the emulator, rom, and/or what codes were used.

That said, the single instance of a glitch we've seen thus far, fake or no, does not counter just how poorly the game has aged.
No.196905
Anonymous
>>196904
All I'm saying is that the probability of glitching the game out multiple times in a single section of the first level is EXTREMELY unlikely and uncommon. Yes, 3D Sonic games are no stranger to bugs and glitches. But the ones before Sonic 06, especially SA1 and SA2, have SUBSTANTIALLY less. To where the average player will most likely never encounter one. The reality is that if this were a common thing, people would be pointing out every time they review it. But they don't. They comment on the game's poor design choices, yes, and I would never suggest that the game has aged well. But glitches? They seriously, honest to god don't happen as often as the Grumps are suggesting them to.

>I would suggest they may be playing on an emulator or with a cheat device however which can cause code to break down a bit from time to time depending on the quality of the emulator, rom, and/or what codes were used.

This is what I'm suggesting, that they're emulating the game and using that as being indicative of the game's quality. I once joined a stream of someone playing the Dreamcast version on an emulator, and it was buggy out the ass. That has nothing to do with the actual disc and the actual system.
No.196906
Anonymous
Guys.

What if

Sonic just sucks.
No.196907
Anonymous
Replies:>>196908
The Grumps don't emulate games, so if they were running this one on emulator it would be a pretty big divergence from how they've historically played. Plus, the Dolphin emulator shows text on the top left of the screen whenever the memory card is accessed, and has a persistent glitch with SADX where some text is invisible. No sign of that so far.

And how exactly do you propose this whole thing went down? Did Arin play through a chunk of the game, decide it wasn't glitchy enough to be entertaining, and then went back and played it again on an emulator, all for the purposes of tricking us into thinking the game is glitchier than it truly is? Please. Even when the game's working perfectly, it's still brazenly shitty enough for ragging on it to be entertaining.

The simpler answer, and the far more likely one, is that they just stumbled onto a glitch. The Sonic Adventure games may not be the bug-laden disasters that Sonic 06 and Boom were, but they're not exactly known to be bug-free, and the Sonic Adventure DX rerelease is well known to have added in some extra collision detection issues. Maybe it's some idiosyncrasy of how Arin controls the game, or maybe some sort of weird situational factor that's causing it to trigger more easily for him than for you. But regardless, there's no reason, except blind fanboyism, to suspect foul play.
No.196908
Anonymous
Replies:>>196909
>>196907
No reason other than knowing Arin is a total scumbag.
Replies:>>196910
save file
image:143752232800.png(610kB , 586x487 , 1324085652679.png)
>>196908
>Makes games you like look bad
>scumbag
Settin' the bar low here aren't we.
save file
image:143752291300.jpg(91kB , 600x450 , StrawMan2.jpg)
>>196909
Literally has nothing to do with me thinking he's a scumbag.
No.196911
Anonymous
Replies:>>196915
Holy shit, I am so sorry. I did not intend for a running argument with my comment.
No.196912
Anonymous
Replies:>>196913
>>196910
Oh that clears it up, then. Now I know why you think a random-ass person is a total scumbag because you're a pissbaby.
No.196913
Anonymous
Replies:>>196916
>>196912
Arin isn't a random-ass person. He's an e-celebrity. Hating him doesn't make me a baby, it makes me a normal fucking person who's followed him for years.

This has gone from being an argument to you acting like a 12 year old and throwing childish insults at me to start shitty drama.
save file
image:143752429000.png(165kB , 794x988 , 1335770359465.png)
>>196910
>I-its not b-because I like S-sonic, baka!!
No.196915
Anonymous
>>196911
It's not your fault. This shit just happens sometimes.
No.196916
Anonymous
>>196913
>He's an e-celebrity
>Hating him [...] makes me a normal fucking person
>you acting like a 12 year old

The lack of self awareness here is astounding.
No.196917
Anonymous
I don't like Grumps or Sonic.
No.196918
The Sneaky Tiki
That game is busted on Gamecube yo, everyone knows that.

So what if he does a video series to parse some of it's shittiness?
No.196919
Anonymous
>Matt is a fan of Jason Aaron and his run on Thor
>doesn't like Trad Moore's art for All-New Ghost Rider
Man all this shit taste.
No.196920
Anonymous
>>196919
This is the podcast that gave us Superman Is a Genre, how can you be surprised?
save file
image:143758783500.jpg(198kB , 544x249 , ghost-rider-01-2014-fight1.jpg)
>>196919
>liking Trad Moore's art in Ghost Rider

Let me guess, you're also a huge fan of Humberto Ramos Spider-Man, right?
No.196925
Anonymous
Replies:>>196927
>>196922
And let ME guess. You think adhering to a house style on a western comic is appropriate for a book regardless of genre or aesthetic outside of the penciller's ability to draw something that isn't static and anatomically stiff.
No.196926
F-ing
Replies:>>196927
>>196922
Is that supposed to be an example of Tradd Moore not being good?
save file
image:143759969400.jpg(152kB , 720x480 , U_Mad_Raven.jpg)
>>196925
>>196926

I'm a person who can recognize that highly stylistic, rubbery-bodies aren't going to appeal to a large audience and therefore is NOT surprised when someone states they don't like it.
No.196928
F-ing
Replies:>>196931
>>196927
But at the very least you don't pass it as "Objectively Bad", anon.
No.196929
Anonymous
Replies:>>196930
>>196922
Looks fine to me. It's not the most realistic but I don't see the problem here.
No.196930
Anonymous
Replies:>>196931
>>196927
>aren't going to appeal to a large audience
And yet somehow cartoons with that style get orders of magnitude more viewers than comics. And Archie, for all it's terrible, gets more readers than DC or Marvel.

>>196929
Certain comic book nerds want all their comics to look the same and get very distressed when things fall outside the allowed styles.
save file
image:143760486500.jpg(102kB , 500x372 , INTERNET_ARGUMENT.jpg)
>>196928
>>196930

I think I'm free to pass it as "objectively bad" just as much as you are for saying someone has shit taste for not liking it, because essentially all we're doing is screaming our aesthetic opinions at each other like a bunch of retards.
Replies:>>196934
save file
image:143761372600.png(99kB , 472x354 , 134522558910.png)
>>196931
Well 'taste' is subjective...
No.196934
Anonymous
>>196932
I believe that's part of his point.
No.196938
Anonymous
Replies:>>196943
>>196931
Now you're moving the goalposts. Your initial argument was that it wouldn't appeal to a wide audience. That's not a question of your taste or my taste, that's infinitely more objective. You may not be able to show what's "objectively appealing," but you can definitely provide evidence of what's mainstream and what isn't.
No.196940
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>196941
Dawko got to release the first video of gameplay footage of Five Nights at Freddy’s 4:

//youtube.com/watch?v=km3J6z-9c-syoutube thumb
No.196941
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>196942
>>196940

And Razzbowski, the other LPer who got early access to FNAF4, put up an FNAF4 gameplay video of his own:

//youtube.com/watch?v=lVbeFpkJzbIyoutube thumb
No.196942
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>196941

Night 2: //youtube.com/watch?v=kUoAbUZsWgQyoutube thumb
Night 3: //youtube.com/watch?v=GiTukMmOsHQyoutube thumb

And that’s as far as the demo goes.
No.196943
Anonymous
>>196938

I'm not moving goalposts, I still maintain that Trad Moore's art isn't liked by the mainstream. If it was, why did Ghost Rider crash and fail so badly despite how hyped up it was? There was significant marketing around the book, it debuted at 50,072 issues, a very good start for a Ghost Rider title, and then fell to 29,429 at issue #2. Even taking into account typical drop-off from #1 that is shedding a huge amount of readers. The series continued to lose people all the way until #11 and its cancelation (12,490).

Compare this to Ms. Marvel, another title that received a significant amount of marketing push that also debuted at 50,286, yet only dropped to 38,357 for it's second issue, and maintained 29,851 readers at issue #11 (which is more than Ghost Rider had as of issue #2). Heck at issue #15, with a new artist, it jumped back up to 32,156.

But let's compare it to the title you mentioned earlier, Thor, which seemed to have stabilized at 69,000+ at issue #5. (and checking the most recent numbers, issue 8 was back up to 86,000). Any Thor title that manages to stay above 65k is an impressive feat, no matter how many anons on /co/ complain "Whor is ruining muh comics!"

So, given the numbers, it doesn't surprise me when someone says they enjoy Thor but didn't like Ghost Rider. I'm more surprised when I find someone who says they DID enjoy Ghost Rider, given the absolutely abysmal numbers. Now we can argue that Thor is a character with much more marketing pull because it has a successful Marvel movie, a longtime character/Avenger, etc. That's why I included Ms. Marvel's numbers (who debuted nearly identical to Ghost Rider). I point to the fact that the sales of Ghost Rider went off a cliff by issue two as problems people had with the art style. I don't think writing can "turn off" people on a book by issue #2 like that unless it is an absolute travesty (even then you'd have to wonder as one of the chief criticisms leveled at Thor is its weak writing). It has to be the art, which doesn't have mainstream appeal. In fact Moore's Ghost Rider is more analogous to Ubeatable Squirrel Girl which debuted at 41,693 and dropped to 24,621, or She-Hulk which debuted at 41,921 and dropped to 26,675. These titles have art styles that don't have a wide appeal, and the books shed readers as a result.
No.196944
T4 was here
Replies:>>196960
No.196945
Anonymous
Take it to /co/, boys.
No.196958
Anonymous
I'm the original poster and I'm sorry for even bringing it up. Wasn't meant to be serious. Though I still stand by calling Aaron's Thor(s) shit.
save file
image:143770837400.png(134kB , 525x353 , I've been waiting for this.png)
>>196944
I've been waiting for this!
No.196978
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
Vinny has been getting far too powerful of late, the return of Creeper Cam is just what's needed to quell any rebellious vassals.
No.196979
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
Also god damn Jeff is the eternal master of mugging
No.196981
Anonymous
>watch the tail end of GBeast stream
>holy crap, Vinny upped his Rocket League game! it's gonna be way tougher for the San Francisco team this time
>Ryckert posts a video of himself playing solo matches
>nevermind
That dude is at nigh pro level at this point. He really does get obnoxiously competitive with stuff like this.
No.196982
Anonymous
Replies:>>196989
//youtube.com/watch?v=n_EPOFr_4hoyoutube thumb

Matt, Woolie, and Liam embark on Rareware's final adventure before the Microsoft era.
No.196989
Anonymous
>>196982

>Sitting through another half-hour of Liam exclaiming "no, but everyone is wrong, this game is REALLY good!"

Ha ha nope, fuck that shit.
No.196990
Anonymous
>>196989
Adventures was good.
No.196991
Anonymous
>>196989
Adventures wasn't good as a Star Fox game, but once you get past the superficial stuff like the stupid item names and made-up language, and the fact that it's such a blatant Zelda clone, it was a fine game on its own.
No.196992
Anonymous
Replies:>>197005
>>196990
>>196991

I don't think I can remember a single part of Adventures that I would categorize as "enjoyable."
No.197005
Anonymous
Replies:>>197016
>>196990
>>196991
>>196992
Adventures, looking at it as a single entity in a vacuum, is at best a mediocre game. One that would have simply faded into obscurity long ago had the StarFox franchise not been stapled to it.
No.197016
Anonymous
Replies:>>197020
>>197005
A lot of that is because of it getting shoved into development hell. When it was Dinosaur Planet on the N64, a lot of the graphics and stuff were seen as pretty great for the system, and I believe it was less of a Zelda clone. While getting pushed to the Gamecube allowed it to boost the graphics a lot, stapling Star Fox on it required the game to become "safe", in order to not tarnish the brand, and turned it into more of a Zelda clone. And then it tarnished the brand anyway.
No.197020
Anonymous
Replies:>>197031
>>197016

I can't think of any stage of development where Prince Tricky, an escort quest that constantly needs to be refueled with mushrooms, was a good idea. I just can't see it. That's not a fun game mechanic no matter how you slice it.
No.197031
Anonymous
>>197020
>Escort Mission
Not quite. He couldn't die and result in hours of lost gameplay like every other escort ever. He was more of a set of abilities that they tied to a secondary character for some reason with a little bit of virtual pet added to the mix. Also he was vaguely important to the plot maybe.
No.197032
Jumpman
//youtube.com/watch?v=pvVq3Cth6FMyoutube thumb

More Sonic and Zack Snyder love.
No.197048
thatother1dude !!/PKS88+dMMc
//youtube.com/watch?v=CTeZca7tIpkyoutube thumb

I figured they'd be doing Rising Thunder since the Street Fighter V beta shut down. I've got a code for anyone who's interested.

UXGV6-UULQO-IF7ZL-0232Z-YD96M
No.197060
Anonymous
I actually haven't watched Best Friends in a while. None of their current playthroughs really interest me. I just want more GoT and Life is Strange, but it looks like those won't happen for a while.
No.197061
Anonymous
Replies:>>197067
>>197060
I kind of feel the same. Most of the games they've been doing lately just aren't my thing. The Starfox one is OK, not because I like the game though I don't care enough to be bothered that they do, and more because I find the furry snark amusing.
No.197067
Anonymous
>>197060
>>197061

I'm surprised, given how amazing the Ride to Hell LP was.
No.197089
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
Enjoyed Film and 40s, but Dan's ignorance of... everything really burns when he's talking about my academic focus (Cold War).

Also boy did I lose my shit when Jeff's joke prediction of Halo Wars 2 came true.
No.197096
Anonymous
Replies:>>197107
//youtube.com/watch?v=iAqCGhzqNg0youtube thumb

Oh my god they just keep adding more and more animations to Fox's item getting, and they happening over and over, I'm going to lose my mind and it's only part 5.

WHO LOOKED AT THIS AND THOUGHT "YEAH, NO, THAT'S OKAY! THAT'S GREAT! LOVE IT!"
No.197107
Anonymous
>>197096
Possibly the same people who thought that making players run through each level of Donkey Kong 64 five times was a good idea.
No.197108
Anonymous
Man it's hard to feel the drama in the Game of Thrones game when half the time the sound doesn't even work. Also on a side note I just found out Beskha and Nanafua have the same voice. That explains why the voice acting for Nanafua always sounded a little off to me. Too obvously a young woman pretending to be old.
No.197160
Anonymous
Replies:>>197172
//youtube.com/watch?v=KIOXBEcxtAkyoutube thumb

Matt and Liam are really bad detectives.
No.197166
Jumpman
Dan explains why he's been pushing to play FFVII and how important GG has been to reintroducing him to games.

//youtube.com/watch?v=aY_bJEGWs40youtube thumb

Dan: Ocarina of Time. When we do it, not if.
No.197172
Anonymous
Replies:>>197207
>>197160
Saw someone deduce what the ending will likely be and the reason for the time erasure storm. Knowing what the game feels like I say they are probably right.
No.197182
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2XJkJMpC8youtube thumb

>Liam trying to figure out the code

It's the Shrine of the Silver Monkey all over again.
No.197185
Anonymous
This Spindash Quick Look is a hell of a thing
Replies:>>197187
save file
image:144005454000.jpg(39kB , 441x228 , tumblr_inline_ntb56sN1DH1ri743n_500.jpg)
>listening to Liam break down into tears defending Inafune from the internet "haters"

ha ha ha holy shit
No.197187
Anonymous
Replies:>>197197
>>197186
I have never in my existence used the phrase "get a life" in earnest.
But in this case.....
No.197193
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=ciaYKjBxneAyoutube thumb
I've reached the other side.
No.197194
Anonymous
Replies:>>197197
>197186

>He doesn't agree with /v/'s inexplicable obsessions and hate-boners, such a dumb fellow!

Good thing he didn't laugh at the 60-fupps dilettantes and has a penis. He'd need police protection by now if not.
save file
image:144010460600.jpg(12kB , 316x316 , LeaveBritneyAlone.jpg)
>>197187
>>197194

He cried because people said mean things about a businessman on the Internet. No matter how much you try to spin it, that will never not be hilarious.
No.197206
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=pckfTImQAEUyoutube thumb
>Defending the Test of Strength

No, Liam. Stop it. Stop it right this instant.
No.197207
Anonymous
Replies:>>197208
>>197172
Link? I'm curious.
No.197208
Anonymous
Replies:>>197210
>>197207
It was on twitter in response to relationship developments and the spiral from saving the father to a LPer

Chloe's death is the central point and the more Max saves her from dying the worse things become. Though that could be invalidated in the last acts with something crazy which will let Max save her, maybe bringing her old girlfriend back so that she's safe, but Max cannot be with her. First part is their speculation second is my idea how things could pan out since it feels a lot like a David Cage style French game.
No.197210
Anonymous
Replies:>>197211
>>197208
So like Madoka then?
No.197211
Anonymous
Replies:>>197212
>>197210
That's the theory going into the stretch, I've not listened to the best friends LP of it for a couple of parts since they all started ending with massive stinger cliff hangers. Wouldn't be surprised if Liam starts talking about similar going into the final acts, then we are handed something that flips the script.
No.197212
Replies:>>197219
>>197211
>Wouldn't be surprised if Liam starts talking about similar going into the final acts, then we are handed something that flips the script.
He did already in the most recent video.
No.197219
Anonymous
>>197212
I'm too far behind in the series to care now. Yeesh. Its not fun enough for me to keep to it as background sound that I use with LPs while I work or game.
save file
image:144073298600.jpg(64kB , 576x1024 , CNdgfeNVEAAuzjH.jpg)
No.197240
Anonymous
Replies:>>197241
Ross and Holly episodes are actually pretty entertaining. BFP... rustlemania 2 needs to be over.
No.197241
Anonymous
>>197240
Rustlemania has been great, Zone-tan's drunken intro was hilarious.
No.197259
Anonymous
Replies:>>197260
Mario Party Party 5 might be the best live show Giant Bomb has ever done, the crowd was perfect and you couldn't write the perfect series of twists and turns it is comprised of.
Replies:>>197305
save file
image:144122493700.jpg(157kB , 1280x720 , Scary Game Squad Until Dawn.jpg)
It is a crime that no one's mentioned the return of the Scary Game Squad.

//youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2mwlWZMzkyoutube thumb

//youtube.com/watch?v=cAdom-W5iGkyoutube thumb

//youtube.com/watch?v=cVnNXzKZvoMyoutube thumb
No.197303
The Sneaky Tiki
I think my favorite let's play right now is Two Best Friend's play Until Dawn.
No.197305
Anonymous
>>197302
I really hope it gets scary, that is when the Squad is at their best. Drunk and Scared and screeching at every shadow.
>>197303

I'll take a look at that.

But overall damn, the games that Sony literally throws money surprises me sometimes.

Also fuck you Ward, two girls vanished here last year so stop being an asshole.
No.197318
TeethandHunger
>>197317
>>197303

I like the contrast between these two. If I'm using the word contrast correctly.
No.197328
Anonymous
Eh the more they go down this game the less I'm interested in actually playing it. Sure seeing the player reactions but the whole bit of it doing EVERY horror movie setup just loses some of the bite.
No.197332
Anonymous
I don't think I can stomach Gunjumper Liam going through MGSV. I'll wait for Metal Gear Scanlon.
No.197333
Anonymous
Liam is good at Metal Gear and I don't get why some people are upset about that. Him casually slipping and diving through the world is hilarious.

It's like the people who said he was disrespecting Aria just because he had the game memorized.
No.197334
Anonymous
>>197333
Alot of people who watch lp's are the same sort of people that leave comments on youtube, dumb whiny shits.
No.197335
Anonymous
>>197333
I'm not saying he's bad at the game. I'm just saying the way he plays is bad for my heart.
No.197337
Anonymous
>>197336
Love they are playing it straight up Mystery Inc Style, getting the clues and solving the mysteries.
No.197343
Anonymous
I've heard that there is an everyone wins scenario and I think it includes the sisters as well. All plays I've seen so far cannot do this but does any know of one where they decided to "let it go" at the beginning.
No.197378
Anonymous
Was watching some old grumps things and ran across a mario party playthroughs after watching some runbow... and suzie really is the antifun.
No.197407
girder
Replies:>>197419
//youtube.com/watch?v=DdTCnj20m0

//youtube.com/watch?v=UAjhCup6a5Eyoutube thumb

//youtube.com/watch?v=cOXLoitZiK8youtube thumb

That was a damn good let's play.
No.197414
Anonymous
Hope we get more squad action on Halloween.

Also seeing quite a few LPer doing some streams recently now that Youtube is rolling out the stuff for that. So far the app looks better than Twitch.
No.197419
Anonymous
>>197407
Yea that was awesome. Loved how they played it by type instead of how they would aside from Matt. Also how invested they became about keeping them alive. I could watch the squad take on Life is Strange.
No.197423
Anonymous
Replies:>>197424
So did they fuck up or does Emily stay a bitch regardless? Kinda wish there was a option to Nuke the Windego Spirit, Hanna would likely still kill herself for what she did regardless even if she could be saved
No.197424
Anonymous
Replies:>>197425
>>197423
Emily stays a bitch no matter what happens. She does however have a little bit in the ending credits where she's genuinely concerned for Matt and a little remorseful about treating him badly, if he stays alive.
No.197425
Anonymous
>>197424
I do agree with them that was a cheap death, and they things tend to become a little less troubling when you realize there was only one real threat
No.197426
Anonymous
Replies:>>197429
//youtube.com/watch?v=NDaA1VY8agsyoutube thumb

The moral of this episode is: Always do the opposite of what Pat tells you to do.
No.197429
Anonymous
>>197426
In hindsight you can tell what that is. Windego trap
No.197430
Anonymous
Final Thoughts on the game story.

If this does get some kinda sequel or DLC that delves deeper into all of the goings on inside the mountain. I've got a feeling we don't know the whole story as to why there is a curse. We've gotten the "Don't do" stuff but for such a curse to manifest there has to be a "patent zero" and since after transformation these suckers appear to be mostly ageless I've got a feeling there is a First Nation Windego trapped or imprisoned deep within the mountain.

Maybe some bastard that fucked with a powerful chief and was banished and wandered deep into the caves before getting tapped transforming as he starved or someone that did something to anger the gods in the first place and was imprisoned deep within the mountain by the tribe as a repentance and punishment for their actions and they transformed and they've been reaching out over the centuries to those in the weakened state and then getting them to partake and share its curse. I mean there has to be some connection to that kinda thing. Miner Windegos were nowhere near as Spidery Long Limbed as Hannah.
No.197433
girder
Replies:>>197435
No.197435
Anonymous
>>197433
So kinda right. maybe. So the Omega Windego is the one that posses Hannah what of the others? Was it just that the Cabin and the Surrounding Area was her territory or was the fight between those groups something different. Again there is more history that I don't think it getting through. Next game should feature one of the Tribesmen and maybe some of this crew talking to them to get some answers. It wouldn't surprise me if part of the curse was linked to a massive tribal conflict that lead to tons of death resulting in cursed land. Wonder what it would take to cleanse the area.

You see this is a good seed for a horror series, giving some explanations but leaving out enough so they can go elsewhere.
No.197439
Anonymous
>oh hey the grumps are doing MGSV... That's not going to end well for anyone involved
>Arin and Suzie are doing it
My god it's like the anti-entertainment of let's plays. The antithesis of enjoyment to watch... I almost want to watch it now just to see how bad it'll go.
No.197440
Anonymous
>>197439
Arin's good when he doesn't go into games blind. Bloodborne was pretty enjoyable, ending notwithstanding.
No.197442
The Sneaky Tiki
>>197439
It's okay, just a husband and wife having fun playing a game they both like, kinda explains Arin's ego a bit too, Suzy really tries to pump him up all the time and he fishes for it.
No.197443
Anonymous
Yeah I mean, a silly game playthrough is no reason to want to murder somebody.
No.197449
Anonymous
>>197444
Dodger should be a squaddy. Though I don't know how she'd handle her Evan Williams.
No.197470
Anonymous
>>197468
These thumbnails do a great job of ensuring I'll never click on the video.

Not that you should ever watch a non-Giant Beast playthrough of Contradiction anyway.
No.197493
Jumpman
//youtube.com/watch?v=0XONd-_X7X8youtube thumb

A Link Between Worlds begins and Dan's thumbs are too big for the 3DS.
No.197523
The Sneaky Tiki
>>197520
Those are literally the easier ones he made.

Take a tip from Paul Anka on how to beat people like Ross.

//youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5Ayoutube thumb
No.197561
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=urfSEYWoXQ4youtube thumb

Between this and the soul-crushing ReBoot LP, Woolie's salt level is at an all-time high.
Replies:>>197574
save file
image:144288769000.jpg(7kB , 245x200 , 1423973375096.jpg)
>>197561
>those reactions to the final boss
No.197569
Anonymous
Woolie has said he's pretty stoked about the coming LP with Matt.

I hope to all things higher and powerful it's Undertale. The writing, characters, music and plot makes for truly fantastic moments. That game deserves more exposure.
No.197570
Anonymous
Replies:>>197574
>>197561

Haha oh my god, it's so much worse than I could have possibly imagined.
No.197571
Anonymous
Man, Liam was not kidding about Starfox making a return. What an upset.
>>197569
Woolie/Matt LPs are never that interesting.
No.197572
Anonymous
Replies:>>197573
I liked Wolf Among Us, Shaolin Monks and Def Jam. GoT has been pretty good as well. Matt and Liam is the weaker combo because they are too similar in disposition.
No.197573
Anonymous
>>197572
Aria and Berserk are both strong runs.
save file
image:144293626400.png(151kB , 654x482 , Undertale.png)
>>197562
>>197570
I'm honestly amazed I'd never heard (or at least didn't remember) something so stupid that happened before.

>>197569
>I hope to all things higher and powerful it's Undertale.
Matt retweet Slowbeef's post about it, so even if that's not what Woolie was talking about, they'll probably do it after not too long.
save file
image:144294411300.gif(444kB , 318x108 , tumblr_inline_ngle25dFCr1rmx4kc.gif)
>>197561
Aw that brings me back~

I still want a good General Scales fight...

>this post brought to you by the theme of yiff
//youtube.com/watch?v=OEDaQWIn7zEyoutube thumb
No.197620
girder
I have to say, I like how hype Matt and Pat are for the big plot twist. And the secondary reveal.

//youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHkwtn4u8youtube thumb

//youtube.com/watch?v=STQ7dGP_ORgyoutube thumb
No.197709
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=2ASF0SwsK9syoutube thumb

They got a mostly perfect game on a blind playthrough.
No.197712
Anonymous
>>197709
If you are keyed to the methodology of the movies its working with that can work.
No.197734
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=o_ePjBHCsCoyoutube thumb
Another great Kickstarter game.
No.197747
Anonymous
Replies:>>197748
>>197709
Who'd they lose?
No.197748
Anonymous
Replies:>>197750
>>197747
A bungled QTE cost them a portion of Mike's chase scene and they didn't get all of the totem pieces.
No.197750
Anonymous
Replies:>>197751
>>197748
Also, by failing to escape the "psycho" as Sam, they missed out on Josh's confidential files and messages from his therapist that show just how mentally ill he is. But they picked up on that before the end.
No.197751
Anonymous
Replies:>>197752
>>197750
They find the journal at the end, what was the reaction or had they already figured that part out. I already watched the Spooky Run and its to good a game for me to sit through it again without playing it.
No.197752
Anonymous
>>197751
I think they figured it out by that point.
No.197756
T4 was here
//youtube.com/watch?v=8h4A4goLdjcyoutube thumb
Pat really showed this alien balls on this one.
No.197765
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=uUbApOb1wWkyoutube thumb

For a guy who likes survival horror games and their puzzles so much, Pat really struggled with these.
No.197769
TeethandHunger
//youtube.com/watch?v=7RyL6flPbCwyoutube thumb

Super Best Friends Play - Transformers Devastation
I'd buy it. It looks good.
No.197789
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=bWUadx-fskQyoutube thumb
Let's Play fanfiction.net
No.197812
TeethandHunger
Replies:>>197823
//youtube.com/watch?v=IdvYBHpEWIYyoutube thumb

Watch the scrub lords (minus Liem no I don't care if I spell his name right) collectively lose their shit as they play Dong Dong Never Die.
save file
image:144452685700.gif(1.87MB , 515x449 , 1379771907106.gif)
>>197812
>tfw you have the same name as the hot cowgirl chick
At least we're not also from the same place.
No.197824
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
Replies:>>197825
I don't think I have ever been this mad about videogames before. Like, putting-off-the-phone-call-with-my-parents-I-had-planned-because-I'm-so-mad levels of mad.
No.197825
Anonymous
Replies:>>197828
>>197824
You're not really providing context, for instance what game?
No.197828
>>197825

Dota 2. Trying to get the last hero on my ten-hero challenge and it just will not happen. Six, seven games in a row of crushing defeat. And then when I finally find myself on the winning team, about ten minutes before we would have won, after like an hour of back and forth...the game just disconnects me, and refuses to reconnect. There's nothing wrong with my internet, it loads other things just fine, but it simply will not communicate with the game server at all.

And the real kicker is, because I disconnected and then didn't come back, the game counted it as an abandon, so now I have to play five games of low priority queue. In low priority, you have to play all random. You can't choose your hero. So I have to play five more games before I can even TRY to get back to getting this last hero.

The only time in recent memory when I was even close to this mad about video games was when I was trying to beat the Belfry Gargoyles in Dark Souls 2 with a dual caestus build.
No.197829
Anonymous
Replies:>>197830
I've seen how to beat The Ryckoning. Patrick is not going to beat The Ryckoning.
Replies:>>197831
save file
image:144467450400.jpg(219kB , 640x960 , 2788891-pdmm.jpg)
>>197829
Wait, is he STILL playing? He started right when I left for work this morning.

I had heard it was impossible to figure out but didn't know he was literally just going to bang his head on it forever.
No.197831
Anonymous
Replies:>>197832
>>197830
Nah, he's still just keeping to his regular streaming hours for now. I saw another streamer beat it.
No.197832
Anonymous
>>197831
Oh OK.

I think this Dan vs Pat stuff is fucking gold. I liked Pat as part of the team even if his written stuff was bad, it was sad to see him first exiled to Chicago and then cut from even Lang and Max's stuff and forced to go to the Koraku mines. It's good to have him back.
No.197833
Anonymous
Replies:>>197834
http://www.twitch.tv/sodiumeyes/v/20089234
No.197834
Anonymous
>>197833
This is a link to someone completing Ryckert's stage The Ryckoning. So spoilers if you want to know the solution or would rather go along for the ride with Patrick.
No.197843
Anonymous
Replies:>>197844
So I've got an idea for a stream show. Partly scripted other part playing physical games (board, cards etc) with people in the stream. Would such a thing work in Twitch or would it be more suited for the newer Youtube Streaming stuff?
No.197844
Anonymous
Replies:>>197848
>>197843
There have been LPs like that on SA for ages, often for wargames, so yeah that can work.
No.197848
Anonymous
>>197844
A copy of RISK 2210 is in the roster for one of the first I've got a thought for in my roster along with a selection of older card and . Was thinking of adding games from the 80s and 90s as I come across them. Also adding a "Potluck" game made up from various pieces of others if I cannot get a complete version.
No.197851
Anonymous
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r
Isn't he like in his 20's still? Fuck, man...
No.197852
Anonymous
>>197851
I thought he was like 30 something.
No.197853
Anonymous
>>197852
Facial hair ages you up.
Or down if you have peach fuzz in highschool.
No.197856
Anonymous
Replies:>>197857
>>197851
>>197852
He's 31, which is still extremely young. I do research on colon cancer for a living and the youngest person to provide samples was in their late 40s.
No.197857
Anonymous
>>197856
I remember a podcaster from the mid 00s that was diagnosed like that. Believe were in their mid 30s.

Glad to hear he intends to fight and I hope it goes well for him.
No.197864
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=AXnZs8XhAzAyoutube thumb
This is kinda surreal.
save file
image:144512708200.png(87kB , 608x588 , 2q06lGJ.png)
>We're in for a 4th consecutive week of Dave Lang's Asian Tour on Team GFB Radio
No.197870
girder
Replies:>>197884
//youtube.com/watch?v=I4Re5YiNSxQyoutube thumb

More Scary Game Squad!

Did not expect them to do SOMA. Last I heard they were hinting at Layers of Fear.
No.197872
Anonymous
Yahtzee is amazingly ignorant about Dark Souls.
No.197874
Anonymous
>>197872
And a lot of other things. Funny, but whenever he and Gabe try to have social commentary hour it's... I mean it's not Gamergate, but it's the sort of people who get fooled by it.
No.197878
Anonymous
Replies:>>197880
>>197872
That's why I don't bother to watch his videos anymore, even if I don't feel particularly strongly about the guy.
No.197879
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>197881
Yahtzee is the dumbest pile of shit.
No.197880
Anonymous
>>197878
Yea the nitpicking for nitpicking sake has grown thin
No.197881
Anonymous
>>197879
Not really. I mean he and Gabe have at best a faint grasp of politics but whoop de doo, let's players. He's a good comedian and a decent developer/writer. ZP is like, the most ancillary thing he does.

He really doesn't know as much about Dark Souls as someone who has played so much of it should though. How do you play DS2 4 times and not know what the jester set does?
No.197884
Anonymous
>>197870
Everyone else is tackling SOMA and people wanna see four drunk knuckleheads screech and get scared.
No.197885
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=8I0-8CxDS0wyoutube thumb

Getting some more Scary Squad action
No.197908
Anonymous
Replies:>>197913
https://youtu.be/CT8JySzk38QQ

Kleptaku reports: Dark Souls 3 is a Souls game
No.197913
Anonymous
>>197908
Know a person getting into this, may drop by their Discord server and see what is going on sometime.

I like they gave the mana pool back and an easier way to refill that once you start running dry. Hope they are more into Co-ops taking on bosses with more than just a health boost to the boss.

Did that in Dark Souls 2 a bit and it was pretty fun baiting and then moving so another could get in the shot then hitting a few spells and laying down a heal or two.

Felt a lot more involved than "Memorize the pattern, then dodge and swing till dead."

I want the Co-op battles to trigger different move sets in a boss to make it a different experience.
No.197918
Anonymous
God damn it Choose Your Own Adventure is just going to turn into week after week of Life is Strange isn't it?
No.197919
Anonymous
>>197918
Maybe they take some of that over to Playdate, if they end up enjoying the game that much.
No.197926
TeethandHunger
//youtube.com/watch?v=lg-xoC-koYMyoutube thumb

I didn't see this one coming at all.
No.197930
Anonymous
>>197918
I kinda want to see Scary Game Squad play Life is Strange. Just to see how quickly they pick up on what the ending is. Save the girl or save the world/town Probably get wise to it after what triggers the first time jump.
No.197934
Anonymous
Replies:>>197935
//youtube.com/watch?v=XWs9eXStw6kyoutube thumb

oof getting some feels in the Squad.
No.197935
Anonymous
Replies:>>197944
>>197934
I can't believe how upset Davis got over that.
No.197942
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=vd4uERzFobQyoutube thumb

Now The Ryckoning was an asshole level, but this is straight up bullshit.
No.197944
Anonymous
>>197935
Would make a Life is Strange playthrough very interesting. Wonder if the endless falling down stairs tragedy of Chloe would deaden them to the ending
No.197945
Anonymous
http://fortune.com/2015/10/22/youtube-red-content-creators/

Guess its a good thing TBFP started their own site.
No.197948
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>197945

Wow. Fuck Google and YouTube for that shit.
save file
image:144557772100.png(25kB , 438x877 , 1319642253816.png)
>>197945
Is this real? Because jesus.
No.197951
Anonymous
Replies:>>197952
>>197945
>Guess its a good thing TBFP started their own site.
Which they've admitted has been a failure. Which has been the reason they started that Vessel thing.
No.197952
Anonymous
Replies:>>197956
>>197951
I wouldn't have had a problem with it if the vids on that site weren't of such low quality compared to being viewed on Youtube. They to hire a better computer engineer or something.
No.197954
Anonymous
>>197945
YouTube has a pretty strong monopoly in regards to video streaming, but I could honestly see this creating room for a competitor. They're shooting themselves in the foot here.
No.197956
Anonymous
>>197952
Site should have bigger vids for sure. I still listen to the podcast on a regular basis for news and whatnot.
No.197971
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=0uPoFGNASwgyoutube thumb

Questions answered which leads to more questions for the Scary Game Squad.
No.197997
Anonymous
Replies:>>198002
>Catching up on Metal Gear
>"Elementary School Abuse-chan"
Okay so I haven't and won't watch Ultra Despair Girls, but I at least need an episode and timestamp for when they find that shit out because I have to imagine Woolie fucking loses it.
No.198002
Anonymous
>>197997
Latter half of 14 I think. It's not as interesting a reaction as you'd expect.
No.198024
Anonymous
Replies:>>198028
Every time they host one of those "let's watch this press conference" videos, I am reminded how utterly fucking terrible the videoplayer on the SBFP site is.
No.198028
Anonymous
Replies:>>198034
>>198024
This is why I continue to watch them on Youtube. If they want an alternative it has to work.
No.198034
Anonymous
>>198028
Like the old Blistered Thumbs. That was a good setup. Still miss that site.
No.198035
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8ZwK8ERGIyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=qoxSNe4BX88youtube thumb

Still some people complaining about how the Squad is playing the game. But I like that they are in discussion on the nature of things.
No.198042
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=25idVTQMZ_Yyoutube thumb

Squaddy time continues
No.198043
T4 was here
//youtube.com/watch?v=KQJhucmYKYwyoutube thumb
This is still the funnies!
No.198046
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=yVEHR583hUcyoutube thumb

Another Two Best Friends adventure. Its SOMA but like Until Dawn I get a kick out of the different takes that are brought to the table when you have more than one person playing the game. Also noticing some of the common things that people miss.
No.198126
Jumpman
Ninja Brian is finally here to play Burger Time.

//youtube.com/watch?v=geMeTxDtF3wyoutube thumb
No.198135
Anonymous
Dan realized what Ash Ketchum was a joke about live on GB's Extra Life stream.
No.198140
Anonymous
Klepokalypse is fucked, but I still think The Ryckoning is Dan's magnum opus.
No.198141
Anonymous
Replies:>>198147
//youtube.com/watch?v=96sbmBUz5Ooyoutube thumb

Liam is trying so hard to make Warren the next Kenny.
No.198147
Anonymous
>>198141

Not like it matters given the endings Town full of assholes and broken toys or the death prone friend/love interest
No.198173
Anonymous
Replies:>>199362
//youtube.com/watch?v=WV6i6m9SEuUyoutube thumb

Anything to get rid of Warren.
No.198198
Anonymous
Today's CYOA is maybe the single greatest instance of FMVinny in Giant Bomb history. Maybe not quite the saga that is Contradiction but other than Harvester I can't think of anything matching it in terms of insanity besides Harvester.
No.198301
Anonymous
The first two places for Giant Bomb's GOTY this year seem fairly predictable given how much they all loved MGSV and how weirdly OBSESSED Jeff and Dan are with Mario Maker. Especially Jeff. Like, holy shit. This man won't rest until Mario Maker gets Game of the Century.
No.198321
T4 was here
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/best-friends-watch-fatal-fury-the-movie/
Matt's living the dream.
save file
image:144918600000.png(369kB , 484x543 , Screenshot 2015-12-03 at 5.38.28 PM.png)
Two Best Friends Grumpcade coming soon.
No.198417
Anonymous
>>198416
Woolie gets around.
No.198418
Anonymous
>>198416
That's cool, wonder what they'll play.

I like Ninja Brain being on board.
No.198419
TeethandHunger
//youtube.com/watch?v=qpZeMkthdZ8youtube thumb

Best Friends Play Final Fantasy X. Full LP this time, not just the card games.
No.198531
Anonymous
Replies:>>198532
The length of podcasts has gotten out of hand lately. Not that I'm complaining.
No.198532
Anonymous
>>198531
I like it, I have to do a lot of work at my computer so it makes for nice listening without making me feel like I'm missing out by not watching the video.
No.198567
Anonymous
That podcast with Plague had me laughing the hardest I ever had. Not just because of Plague, everyone, Woolie, Pat, and Matt seemed to be on their "A" game for quips. "I like it when I'm right on a macro level."
No.198570
Jumpman
//youtube.com/watch?v=hFEkpKXSiqcyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=bwmbgewZ3-oyoutube thumb

Getting drunk off of cheap wine is the most appropriate way to play Sonic 06.
No.198588
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=RhYgTP8JZFQyoutube thumb
This Old Hunter playthrough is amazing. So much better than the base game LP. Matt and Woolie yucking it up in the background while Pat is having his balls on full display is the best.
No.198599
Jumpman
//youtube.com/watch?v=GpuELrhx4toyoutube thumb

Great video. This is an interesting game, but it seems horribly one-sided in the baby's favor.
No.198618
Anonymous
I am perpetually amazed by the box Yahtzee and Gabe live in for two people who do regular shows and include a critic. Listening to them recount the Game Awards and not know who anyone is or recognize half the titles is kind of mind blowing. I guess Gabe has the excuse of it being a hobby but Yahtzee is ostensibly part of the industry.
No.198620
Anonymous
The infinite power of Vinny, now in video game form

http://youtu.be/RCjakvJHsiU
No.198824
Anonymous
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/drew-scanlons-top-10-games-of-2015/1100-5353/
>no Halo
>no flight sim
>Monster Hunter
Drew, you continue to be a mystery.
No.198830
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=zQ4ZNEkqDT4youtube thumb
Game Grumps featuring only Arin
No.198834
Anonymous
Austin I know you have a lot of indie friends, and you are absolutely right that it's good we can have personal narratives in commercial games now

HOW did you get Cibele in there
No.198835
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=SXhE4douAPoyoutube thumb

So many people in the comments are salty about blitzball.
No.199029
Anonymous
I'm happy Yahtzee and Gabe opted to skip the DLC because I can stop watching them now.
No.199153
TeethandHunger
//youtube.com/watch?v=yijoBOz-Ptwyoutube thumb
Shitty Games Done Slow - Mindjack by the Best Friends
Saturday Feb 13th, 6pm EST

http://www.twitch.tv/superbestfriendsplay
No.199173
T4 was here
http://yukimeansnow.tumblr.com/post/138907243349/pat-gets-in-and-out-of-bed-in-7-easy-steps-1-you
No.199267
Anonymous
Replies:>>199268
>>199261
Oh I thought that'd still be Vessel exclusive.

Yeah it's real good but I think Woolie and Liam will have destroyed Pat by the end, he can't take it.
No.199268
Replies:>>199269
>>199261
Remember: Ghosts are involved.

>>199267
It was uploaded Tuesday night and says "72 hours", but they probably didn't want that and Fisticuffs to go up at the same time.
No.199269
Anonymous
>>199268
>It was uploaded Tuesday night and says "72 hours", but they probably didn't want that and Fisticuffs to go up at the same time.
Matt mentioned they've been having trouble with videos just shitting themselves and can't fix it until they get back from magfest so the schedule this week is supposed to be fucked up.

Is Xcom on yt yet because you non-vessel folks are in for some shit, Woolie is straight up a collaborator.
No.199285
Anonymous
Replies:>>199286
oh my god the 2nd Xcom video is EVEN BETTER
No.199286
Anonymous
>>199285
Pat, as it turns out, can't handle the pressure
No.199291
Oh my god, Pat's making all these dumbass mistakes and saying things that are wrong and it's rustling my jimmies and

is this what being a Blitzball fan is like?
No.199305
Anonymous
>Xcom 3
Lol, Pat managing to barely scrape out a win only for the AI to use all of its remaining moves killing civilians so he still fails the mission.
No.199312
Anonymous
Yeah nothing was gained by posting that Friendcast. A shame.
No.199327
Anonymous
>Something awful paywall popped back in today
Exhausting day ruined even further...
No.199357
TeethandHunger
>Pat's X-com 2 run.

I'm not enjoying this at all. The mission fails, the death of most of his squad members, the "oh no, I've made many mistakes despite playing this at home" (implying that the mistakes are on purpose for comedic effect), and woollie's matt-like attitude toward this play though kills it for me.

I can't watch "NBA: Spike Lee's NTR Sim" ether.
Replies:>>199361
>>199357
NBA may very well be my favorite playthrough they've ever done.

I wish X-com was on an easier difficulty, because absolutely nothing pat has done was on purpose, that's all failure par the course for the kind of run they are doing.
No.199360
Anonymous
>>199357
>implying that the mistakes are on purpose for comedic effect
lol no they aren't, Pat is 100% eating shit for real, the increasing sloppiness of it is also totally in line with how he handles shit going bad in general and with being forced to play fast while talking (it's also in character for someone used to savescumming and playing on lower difficulty settings)

I think the utter devestation of it is great, if you want someone playing Xcom well just go watch Beaglerush, if you want Collaborator Woolie and all 3 of them loosing their goddamn minds at guns that are INSIDE THE ALIEN missing it you watch SBF
No.199361
>>199358
>I wish X-com was on an easier difficulty
Being doomed to end quickly was kind of the point of a going Ironman on Commander, but Pat said they might do a full LP on Veteran once the game runs better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/704084850568011776
Replies:>>199363
save file
image:145671722200.jpg(64kB , 544x960 , tumblr_npbzkeQw611s897f9o1_1280.jpg)
>>198173
This is old shit, but I'm just now catching up on SBFP stuff and I got to vent some shit, specifically about their Life is Strange LP
>At the top of it, Liam and Matt shit on Woolie and Pat for making shitty choices for the hell of it in these kinds of games
>Liam proceeds to make shitty choices throughout the game, usually for the hell of it or as he put it, "Because I want to see"
>That final choice. Like, come on. Them being wishy-washy about the ending they got is how I feel about watching them get the ending that we got of watching them play this game with the ending they got, which is a really dumb sentence.
And after typing this all out, I'm now over it. So I guess we're good. Still clicking Submit though.
No.199363
Anonymous
Replies:>>199364
>>199362
Ending is kinda meh. Its either Lesbogeddon or "Kill the Girl save the Town" So I've heard.
Replies:>>199365
save file
image:145672085200.gif(1.44MB , 960x540 , tumblr_nps2yqSQkk1s897f9o2_1280.gif)
>>199363
The Save the Town ending at least gives some nice closure of everything, also runs for a hell lot longer than the other. Destroy the Town really is just the game going, "...really? Well alright, here you go, I guess".
No.199365
Anonymous
>>199364

Well they pretty much aligned the town being mostly scumbags so weighting the choices a bit. Town feels like the one that was written first. A bitter note that no matter what she can't be saved and must die. Number of times one has to roll back the other times she dies kinda cements that. The gun practice death is still a riot. And sets off her black comedy of errors.
No.199366
T4 was here
//youtube.com/watch?v=6A9r1V1qHy0youtube thumb
They are not bullshiting about the animals.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/naruto-shippuden/episode-185-animal-district-558876
No.199374
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=LDJKvrzJMCUyoutube thumb

ONE BOSS. FORTY-FIVE MINUTES. ZERO COMPETENCE.
No.199380
>>199374
It was pretty bullshit that trying to removed Haste failed several times in a row, but they really couod have done more to prevent a KO every turn. Like having Auron lower Magic Attack of a few turns of Cheer.
No.199381
Anonymous
>>199374
Seriously, against that boss? These two are so incompetent it isn't even comical.

Glad I didn't follow this lp.
No.199389
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=xdYMCKAAbSMyoutube thumb

I'm no RPG expert, but boosting the physical attack of your resident spellcaster seems like a pretty pointless endeavor. This LP has become a comedy of errors.

Who's up for Evrae Round 2?
No.199429
TeethandHunger
Sword of the Berserk Guts Rage Grumpcade with Ego and Ross. That's right two 's's, fuck you Ross.
//youtube.com/watch?v=bBzBm4SfPT0youtube thumb

Posted that because their has been a over abundance of Best Friends in the threads.
Now to post three Best friends LPs.

Two Best Friends Play Deus Ex Human Revolution part one I'm replaying this myself.
//youtube.com/watch?v=1v65VTFv3Csyoutube thumb

Super Best Friends Play SUPERHOT 55 min long Looks like the game will go some where.
//youtube.com/watch?v=LPrz3JkvuNsyoutube thumb

Best Friends Play Far Cry Primal 45 min long Badgers have same affect on monsters .
//youtube.com/watch?v=09CN4U4cEzUyoutube thumb