/coc/ - Projects

Board updated. Please use this thread to report bugs.

Mods & Janitors: If you've forgotten your login details but would like to continue helping, please e-mail me: [email protected]

radio
6MB jpg, 6MB png, 8MB gif, 12MB swf, 8MB webm, 8MB mp4
163 posts, 19 images (total attachments: 19)
Anonymous
savepng1.16MB
melusine_03_by_theeyzmaster-d8dn64s.png
A guy on /co/ was translating Melusine comics, and I figured it's worth a thread here. Just in case it dies off like every other attempt so far.

Mélusine Volume 01 Magic spells
https://mega.nz/#!llB1wAxZ!9Cjqcs4HCP4CQVVedbJ_ohjoUwCVKl5MTM8hY4vGJp4

Melusine 24 - The Phantom City (Scanlation)
https://mega.nz/#!dJAgQaja!PZZ3xR7jBfoLKmP-qESg28yrjCXQsQYEx2zQ9cEeZks
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I believe it's two different guys; one started from the beginning and is skipping any volumes Cinebook translated and the other started with the more recent stuff where the series shifted to longer adventure stories from one-page gags.

With a third volume being proofread now it's already a pretty impressive result. Add that to the five mediocre Cinebook releases and almost a third of the series is done.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
First proofer here, I don't give a flying fuck about being credited. I'd actually prefer if 4chan isn't mentioned at all in the release.

As for the filename format, just use the one from #24 in the OP.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Melusine 03 - Inferno (Eng) .cbr
https://mega.nz/#!swYCXCgT!DHVT7woQftqRZpC9Sj0KcsPuPSOY0btAfhzm-lUM-XI
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Volume 04 ready for proof reading
https://mega.nz/#!E5YnyRpB!vfomLcWA33eHzYLmvz2oIr9QlskeO5oJJiQse_SRItg
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417380
First here, I'm on it. Want a pastebin here or in the win-o/euro thread if one is up?
I'll have it done by sunday at the latest, but most likely before that.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
https://pastebin.com/LdzYJ8xy

My notes. There's quite a bit of capitalization fixes and such for the little story at the end.

And reminder that, for the sake of consistency and easier future searching, the filename should be

Melusine 04 - Stories To Read By The Fire (Scanlation) ([your nick here, if you care for that]).cbr
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Ok, here's volume 04 fixed. thanks again for your help.
https://mega.nz/#!NwhXVRyC!FHhDXS89HOlTMxDapW2o4t5yQelpAu1A9h0KFj0LU3s

Doing volume 06 now
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Thanks! I was waiting since 2007 for these.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Nice. I noticed you missed winter -> winters in the short story, but that's hardly worth making an (F) for. Also, good job on learning to gimp.

Note: If you do decide to make changes after releasing stuff, then the new file should have an (F) in it, otherwise you can't tell if you have the Fixed version or not.
Using this as an example, the filename should be
Melusine 04 - Stories to read by the Fire (F) (Scanlation) (TranslateAnon).cbr

In case another fix is needed for a file that already has an (F), use (F2), (F3), etc. as needed.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Noted.

Volume 06 to proof read :
https://mega.nz/#!x0oXkJbJ!PtUZwuv51TQ9jDBWJmRv0MzewWWTLKEnIyhpGAP4nGQ
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417386
First here, I'm on it. I expect to be done by sunday or monday, depending on how much there is to fix.

I'll be offline for approximately 2 weeks, starting around the 10th.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Thanks for the update. I saw no new threads about it, so I was worried that the project went the way of the dodo due to lack of feedback.

Rest assured that we really appreciate what you are doing.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417386
2nd Anon done with proofread:
https://pastebin.com/DTnA24BY
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417386
1st here
https://pastebin.com/4mJPrKQG
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg980.891KB
Melusine_T06-digital-44.jpg
Thanks to the both of you for your work. missed quite a lot of things in this one.

few things :

>18
>p6
>book titles untranslated

Those are not in French, I don't think they mean anything.

>38
>p11 b1
>supreme of vegetable -> creme of vegetables
>i'm assuming there's a pun here with "supreme" and some french word for "soup" sounding similar

It's just a dish name based on the chicken supreme dish, Supreme spell > vegetable supreme >laugh ensue ( It's not a very good joke )

>44
>p6
>"changed victims" sounds weird. i'm not really sure what melu means by it

I wen't for metamorphosis victim as the other anon suggested.

>p7 b1
>melus response sounds like there's some wordplay in grumblots bubble, but it doesn't really makes sense

I'm assuming you're talking about the last panel, the joke is, Mélusine notices the Korrigans are victim of a transformation spell, and wants to free them, when she does, turns out they weren't people to begin with but cooking ustensils. and Grumblot makes fun of her.
So I changed grumblot's bubble with "wahaha, I'm sure they're grateful, mélusine!"
Then, I misunderstood the meaning of the expression " put a lid on it"
I thought it meant " shut up", plus it worked well with the ustensils theme.
So I changed it to "put a sock in it."

Tell me if this it better.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417391
>Then, I misunderstood the meaning of the expression " put a lid on it"
>I thought it meant " shut up", plus it worked well with the ustensils theme.
>So I changed it to "put a sock in it."
No, you were right; "put a lid on it" DOES mean "shut up" and is a funny follow-up to the cooking pots reveal. Please change it back.

You are still missing a question mark in panel 6, though.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Alright. It's done.

volume 09 is going smoothly. It's the funniest and the lewdest yet.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417393
>Alright. It's done.
Link?

>It's the funniest and the lewdest yet.
Oh ho! Looking forward to it!
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg924.441KB
Melusine_T06-digital-01.jpg
here you go

https://mega.nz/#!plZU2LJQ!2_5IkD9iFBsYwpzs-lM02VidPbXBhubFfsI5IkftUtM
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417395
Thanks.

>9 lewdest
oh_my.gif
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg148.7KB
Melusine_T06-digital-10.jpg
>417395
Haha, nice job on page 10.

I am having trouble with page 44, though. It wouldn't display in CDisplay although when I unzipped it I could open it in image-editing programs and it appeared fine.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Hypothetically speaking, if you were to come up with a misunderstanding that an idiot like Melisande might mishear from the word "divorcing," what would it be? The French "ourson" doesn't make sense in English.

>417397
I have the same problem with page 44.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417398
Are there any entanglements with the mishearing pun? If it's replaced with something rather different, would it interfere with other jokes?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417399
Not really, she just makes a stupid remark and gets disregarded, and then she comes back to it a few pages later and is again ignored.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417398
>417400
divorcing -> the forcing

divorcing ->diversion

divorce-> devour
You'd have to rewrite the line a little but something to consider.

All of us can always give it some work as part of proofreading the whole volume
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417401
1st here, reminder that I'll be offline the next ~2 weeks starting friday.

>417395
Seems like an (F) is needed. I get a broken file on 44 as well and I'm using CDX. Oddly enough the proofing version had no issues.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Page 44 is indeed broken. This one should work.

https://mega.nz/#!I4BQzZ6L!AvrQ66CcvGhHQTCdqpHcQg7zgaN7hOd1q9QNiwZZPTs
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng150.604KB
snip.PNG
Hey, here's a thing to look over.
https://mega.nz/#!BYA3HKQI!vq-mUCwR5fAuU6xW2v1kGQU1fz8etP9AdXvfVXa-hts
Original for reference https://1fichier.com/?0m9u1pmxh3&af=2473494
I'm working on getting the filesize lower atm.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I spotted 2 or 3 spelling errors, I'll list them once back at hom.

It's a bit odd ot pick the latest book for translation, since it has a bunch of references to past volumes (even if just support characters making an appearance).

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. You could say I'm used to Melusine books being translated in random order.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
The other translator seems to be doing a good job with the gag-a-page volumes, and he's going in order, so I picked later volumes so I could work at my own pace. I can take requests for books too.
I can't actually find 25 though.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417403
Thanks.

>417404
Wish I could, but I'll be offline the next ~14 days so you'll have to rely on 2nd proofer only.
>lower filesize
For what purpose? Highest possible quality is always the best option and ~120 MB isn't that much. It's a wee bit over 2 MB/page which is fairly reasonable. Had it been 500+ MB I could see the point, but not for this.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417406
Fair enough, I just thought it would be better to do those in order as well, especially since they are building up a support cast and a story (more or less). Nice font on the title card, by the way.

>417407
Regarding the filesize, I'd consider the goal to get roughly the same size as the raws, maybe a little bit higher, but not significantly so. I understand that recompression of lossy jpeg leads to quality loss and you aim to reduce that, but modern compressors (at least the one in Photoshop, anyway) are good enough for this to not be a significant issue.

Like if the raw is 60MB and the scanlation is 120MB, that's pretty noticable. 10-20% more or less, no one would bat an eyelid.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417408
Oh, I thought the raw was ~120 MB. That's reasonable.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417409
I'm not the translator.

The raw for that volume is probably not 120mb. I'd need to check, but I'm pretty sure it is smaller. From memory I remember something like ~50mb per book. I could be completely wrong without checking for sure however.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
2nd Anon here. I'm happy to continue proofreading but I don't know if they should be considered to be done if it's just me going through them. There always seems to be things that only 1st Anon or only me find so it'd be better if 1st Anon take a look before it's "officially" done.

There might be the problem of building up a backlog while 1st Anon is away, though.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
checked it, book 26 raw is 55mb. In my opinion, a 120mb scanlation is a bit large for that, unless there are some major quality issues at lower sizes.

But it ultimately doesn't matter, what matters is that it gets translated. I'll happily take the 120mb version.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417404

OK, I only wanted to list typos, but on a second read through I found a bunch of sentences that sound really odd, so I looked up some of the terms. Apologies if my suggestions betray that I don't speak french, since I don't.

the archive filename is "black and pink" instead of the correct order in the title, "in pink and black"

cover: if you squint, you can still make out some part of the old logo, particularly in the upper right ("rose") and bottom left corners ("noir").

0008.jpg panel 1:
"don't come and don't tell me" <-- "don't come and tell me"

0009.jpg panel 1:
"our truffle dragons finds a desposit" <-- shouldn't this be "our truffle dragons find a deposit"? I don't know for sure what is the grammatically correct way here, I could be wrong.

0010.jpg panel 1:
"blah blahblah" <-- maybe could be "blah blah blah"? it's prettty minor detail, but I feel it maybe paces better?
Also the 2nd bubble has two "blah"s, instead of three.

0011.jpg panel 3:
"...a lesson the the new kid..." <-- typo? should be "...a lesson TO the new kid..."?
panel 5:
"he said that you're..." <-- it is not clear who is the "he" who said that about Melusine. Is this an error?
correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this sentence supposed to mean "It is said / they say that you are a real hotshot!"
last panel:
"My parents, are african hermits" <-- this should be either "My parents, they are...", or "My parents are..." without the comma.
"african hermits" <-- really odd translation for marabouts (a muslim religious teacher), I understand that it's not a common word, I had to look it up too, but the translation is not accurate so I'd maybe leave it as is. The guy is supposed to be a muslim immigrant (oh, wow.).
"we're leaving the countryside" <-- "we had to leave the country"
"faced with your friends" <-- "facing your friends".

0013.jpg panel 3: "the the same respect" instead of "to the same respect"
last panel: is it normal for a wizard to exclaim "Good God"? Considering that the church wants to kill them, I find that strange. I don't suppose there is an alternate translation for "bon sang", or does that exclamation have ties to the church in french as well? "Good God" might be correct, it may be just me finding it strange that it is used by a wizard here.

0016.jpg panel 7 (second to last):
"Winston who came and found me, madam tells us to sit... what has happened?" <-- I think it may be: "Winston comes to pick me up from school, madam tells me to sit... what's going on?"

0018.jpg panel 3:
"We're going to go to" <-- "We will go to", since he is implying to do an action, not stating that it must happen.

panel 4:
"ones to be loved" <-- "loved ones"
"less than 24 hours" <-- "in 24 hours" or "in under 24 hours".

panel 7:
"sterilizing" <-- "sterilization"

panel 8:
"I know who to talk to" <-- "I know just who to ask"

0019.jpg panel 2:
"My family history isn't a secret to her" <-- "My family matters hold no secrets from her"

0023.jpg panel 5: "who would like my questions answered" <-- "who would like to have her questions answered"

0024.jpg panel 5: one speech bubble is missing.
panel 7: "lawyer for" <--- "lawyer of"

0025.jpg last panel:
"he must have a secret passage" <-- "there must be a secret passage"

0029.jpg panel 1:
"takien" <-- typo, "taken"

0033.jpg panel 2:
"you don't need to be outside" <-- "you shouldn't be outside"
panel 4:
"What happens?" <-- "what happened?"

0034.jpg panel 6: This might be just me, but I didn't knew the word "fey" as an alternative to fairy. Could "Fairyland" be a better alternative to "the fey lands", or is it just me?

0039.jpg panel 4: "a bad taste it my mouth" <-- "a bad taste IN my mouth"
panel 8: "diguised" <-- "disguised"

0040.jpg panel 4: one word balloon has wrong colour font

0041.jpg panel 1:
"All our plans, for your father and me, risked being discovered" <-- I don't think word-for-word translation works for this. how about "All our ploys, your fathers and mine, would be known..."

0043.jpg panel 2:
"reurn to world of..." <-- "return to the world of..."

0044.jpg panel 1:
"happd" <-- "happy"
panel 5:
"halp" <-- "help"

0048.jpg: missing the text below the panel, the one that says "end of the first part".

missing the last two pages, but I guess they are not important to include.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417413
Spot on. And man, there are a lot of typos. Too much time on the chans probably made me reliant on spellcheck.
The whole sentence is a mistake on my part. Il can be "he" but in this case it's "it," and the verb should be "seems" not "said." "It seems you're really smart" is literal, I think a good fit would be "they say you're really smart," to fit the previous sentence.
>is it normal for a wizard to exclaim "Good God"?
"Bon sang" is most often "Damn it," but that doesn't fit the tone of surprise in this case. She does say "bon dieu" later in this book.
I'm going to come back to the French for the African kid. It comment about sterility and impotence makes it look like a "love doctor" joke I just didn't understand the first time reading it. Melusine basically just gets up and walks away.
>missing bubble
Whoops, I have the text box typed, but the layer invisible. "Your mother received this photo yesterday, and I don't know where it came from."
"lawyer for" sound more natural to me but "of" doesn't sound wrong.
"What could happen?" might be better. She recognizes that something happens, and it leads into the fireworks. Maybe "what happens outside?"
>fey vs fairy
Maybe It's too much d&d on my part. "Fée" can mean a lot of things, pixie/fairy/sprite/fey. I'll can change it if you think people won't recognize it.
I half agree, "ploy" sounds too combative imo. I think "lies" or keeping as "plans" works better.
>missing the last two pages, but I guess they are not important to include.
It's just advertising stuff. I'll include it in the final cbr.
>Read these other comics
>Find Melusine in Spirou Magazine

Also I do want to ask if all the pastry translations were ok. The French used gâteau/cupcake/cake and more words for cakes, so I took a few liberties.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
On second though, "Au pays des fées" rhymes. Not sure it translates. "Fairy area?" "Fey's place?" They sound too weird.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Raaaa, I want to help but I don't want to be spoiled.
What are the pages with the cakes?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417414
> I think a good fit would be "they say you're really smart," to fit the previous sentence.
Does "fortiche" mean "smart"? I looked it up and most translations give it a sarcastic tone, like hotshot or smart aleck or something like that. I'd go with hotshot simply because it would describe Melusine in more ways than just calling her smart, but that may not be an accurate translation.

> It comment about sterility and impotence makes it look like a "love doctor" joke I just didn't understand the first time reading it.
Yeah, the thing the kid says about his dad is all like a big advertisement. Cures all ailments! In under 24 hours! Or you get your money back! Call now and we'll throw in a giant bag of green M&M's for free!

>"lawyer for" sound more natural to me but "of" doesn't sound wrong.
Yeah, on second thought I don't know which one is the one to use here. I'd look it up or ask for someone else to chime in.

>Maybe It's too much d&d on my part. "Fée" can mean a lot of things, pixie/fairy/sprite/fey. I'll can change it if you think people won't recognize it.
I think it's just me not being erudite enough. Others might recognize the word.
But I do think that Fairyland sounds like a place that readers might be more familiar with. And now I'm imagining Gert (from I Hate Fairyland) running into Melusine.

>I half agree, "ploy" sounds too combative imo. I think "lies" or keeping as "plans" works better.
I think "plan" would suggest that there is something more to what they were doing, when in reality they were just pulling a ruse. But yea, "ploy" might be too strong too. "All our lies, your fathers and mine, would be discovered...", maybe this is better?

I don't know about the cupcakes.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
First translator here.

>Does "fortiche" mean "smart"? I looked it up and most translations give it a sarcastic tone, like hotshot or smart aleck or something like that. I'd go with hotshot simply because it would describe Melusine in more ways than just calling her smart, but that may not be an accurate translation.

"Fortiche" isn't necessarily sarcastic ( I'm guessing Melisande is saying this) , It's a childish/naïve way of saying "strong", in a sense "you're good"
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417418
It's the african immigrant "new kid" who says it (yeah, the book goes there).
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
2nd Anon here.

I finished my proofread of volume 26: https://pastebin.com/DdUdTULq

Regarding marabout, I wonder if it should be left untranslated because it doesn't seem easily translatable; hermit only implies he chooses to live away from others, and monk doesn't seem to fit since he has a son.

The word does appear in English dictionaries although I wouldn't expect the average reader to know it.

Maybe "sage" would work, although it does lose the African denotation that marabout has.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng1.54MB
meluswimsuit.PNG
Volume 09 to proof read.
https://mega.nz/#!hhoHyJIa!UnBZtxLQEjlUGuD3CrXoidw43LqIWXcA3GjfPoG3WiY
This one needed more work than expected but I'm starting to get a good hang of gimp.

And this means that the first 10 volumes of mélusine are now available in english, yay!
Finally, I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks ( I'm gonna play games and shitpost on /v/ mainly) so don't expect new translations from me during this time. ( things could happen but I make no promises )
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
1st here. Turns out I do have internet the next 2 weeks after all.

Assuming it's the same as #24, I'll probably be done around monday. Give or take a day.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417421
1st here, I'll take a look at it when I'm done with 26. I'll most likely have it done by the end of the week.

Breaks are important, don't burn yourself out.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
There a thread on /co/; someone's pointing out the download for volume 24 is dead.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417421
2nd Anon proofread: https://pastebin.com/EbCebV1A

Got this out quickly in case you want to get the polished version finished before you go on vacation.

Enjoy your time off in any case.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I'll also do a proofread tomorrow.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
1st here.
~15 pages left of 26, I expect to be done today.

Regarding Mathys dad, he seems to be a voodoo priest so "houngan" ought to be the correct choise.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417427
Wikipedia tells me houngan is associated with Haitian voodoo but that marabout is associated with African Islam.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I'd keep it as a marabout since the guy is meant to be an African immigrant, no doubt a jab at the current political climate in Europe.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
1st here, #26 done.
https://pastebin.com/1kdLrhdu
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Alright, I've gone through it. Just a couple more things to discuss.
https://pastebin.com/y6ttsS9B
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417431
>0006 last panel
What about "they undersold our best merchandise..."?

>0009 b2
>Maybe change to "sniffing dragons" or "gold-sniffing dragons"?
I disagree, truffle is fine. It may not be a common word, but let the kids learn. I had to look up what coryza means when I first attempted translating these for myself (Melusine frequently says "eczema and coryza" as swearing... I only knew about eczema because I had it.).

>0026
>I changed it, but just curious, why "pillar" over "column"?
Not that guy but pillar is indeed better, it specifically means the tall construct that holds something up, a column is more ambiguous in that it describes the shape itself. Say, a column of army tanks coming your way.

>0033
>"you come back at this hour?" sounds weird.
No, it is in fact fine. "you came back" implies a past action, when he is remarking in a stern worried tone that the kid just now arrived at that hour.
I'd go with "you come back at this hour?". Maybe even "you come home at this hour?" (but I didn't check if they say "come back" or "come home").

>0038
What about "Pink and sugary! This is it!", declaring that they arrived at the place the arab described??

>0044
>an herbal -> a herbal
This confused me on the first try too, but on second thought it sounded right... but you make a fair point, I don't know which one to use. Toss a coin.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417432
>I don't know which one to use.
It's A herbal. It's only AN before a H if there's a vowel sound. This generally only happens if the H is pronounced by itself. I'm guessing H in french being silently, when in front of vowel, only adds to the confusion.

Examples.
A herbal tea
An HDMI cable (the hdmi letters are pronounced individually, making H sound like it has a vowel in front).
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417432
I'm not sure people would think the column (the shape), given that there's a literal one running away, but I don't object to "pillar"
>0038
>0006
Sounds good to me.

>417433
>It's only AN before a H if there's a vowel sound.
Right. American English says 'erbal. "An 'erbal"
I swapped it to "a herbal"

https://mega.nz/#!lQhW2Yob!4mua75tCyPShFa2YZ_qJRp2-3C6xkd5pc6XRT2EMWyA
Here's the product so far. If there are no more objections, I'll change the filename later today and this will be the mega link.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417434
Just skimmed it really fast, looks fine at first glance. No missed bubbles or broken pages.

Melusine 26 - In Pink and Black (Scanlation) ([your nick if you care about that]).cbr
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>0008
"Underselling" is to sell something at a price below that of a competitor. Isn't the idea that the faeries are GIVING the gold away for nothing in return (because they don't care about commerce)? Isn't that what Ping Ho says on 0031?

>0041
Melusine's mother says "the Fey Lands" but I think you decided on "the Fairy Lands"
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>0008
I'm unsure. "[ils] donnent sans chercher quoi que ce soit en retour" Is, almost word for word, "[they] give without looking for anything in return." The dwarf says "bradent," And I can't find a source that says it means "to give away" rather than "sell at a low price."
>0041
Good catch
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417437
I'm a bit confused at what's supposed to be going on; the fairies stole gold from the dwarves because it's pretty, but how and why did the gold get from the fairies to the Chinese? Why didn't the fairies just keep it if they think it's pretty?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417438
I'm guessing the fairies are just acting flippantly with other peoples' things. They took too much, so they gave the rest away.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
https://mega.nz/#!REpjgSBL!d6Pt0CgYQkO4491GNVxXwZaTC9ApPVeXmQbpqu312wg
Updated, looks like this'll be the final.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417440
Noice. Niothing seems missing or broken after a quick skim.

I'm starting on #9 now. (1st here).
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng304.64KB
hat.PNG
Giving this a minor rewirte, but I can't guess what's behind melus hat. in the second to last lline. Any ideas?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg70.365KB
Hypnosis 018.jpg
>417442
Trying to guess from context, maybe "freed"?

Here's the original text (from a shitty raw) if it can be of help
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
"...le Prince en eut la coeur déchiré de chagrin véritable"
Lit. "the Prince had his heart torn/broken with genuine sorrow/grief"
Assuming the word behind the hat is the verb (it ___ the prince's heart), it looks like "teared," which is not a word unless it's referring to eyes watering.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417444
so "it tore the Prince's heart with true sorrow", then?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
The prince grabbed her by the shoulders and brought her close to him. "My heart aches for you", he said. Hearing those words, she softly wept

This is were I'm stuck, since sappy romance novels isn't really my forte. I'm open to suggestions about the last line-and-half.
Could it be something like the prince bursting into tears of joy?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417445
Translate anon here, That's it. "it tore the Prince's heart with true sorrow"

I wrote "teared" tho.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417447
I'm suspecting the "true sorrow" bit is a french idiom that just means heartbroken. Here's another take.

The prince grabbed her by the shoulders and brought her close to him. "My heart aches for you", he said. Hearing those words, she softly wept and the sight of her tears [broke his heart]/[left him brokenhearted]

I should have #9 notes ready within an hour or two.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
1st here, #9 proofed.

https://pastebin.com/PAmXyrSV
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I'm going to start working on another volume over the next couple days, any requests?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417450
are you the anon who did the early volumes or the one doing the latest ones?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417450
Assuming you're the guy that started on #24, ideally #25.
Or #23 and just work your way backwards until the two of you catches up.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I'm the one who did the later ones, but I can't actually find 25. I'd love to do it if you know where it is, but until then I'll start on 23 then.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg373.867KB
Melusine_T09-digital-01.jpg
First translator here.

Just finished Volume 9, thanks again to the proof readers.
https://mega.nz/#!ZkRg3I4Z!q5j6vlckid7ynDn5KaFcGZUXfWjpT9v9898nf8NPVbg

As usual here's some point I want to go back too :

>18
>p2 b2
>[...] -> The prince grabbed her by the shoulders and brought her close to him. "My heart aches for you", he >said. Hearing those words, she softly wept and the sight of her tears [broke his heart]/[left him brokenhearted]
>i'm a bit iffy about the ending

This one is intentionally extra cheesy doesn't really makes sense in French either.

>22
>p8
>above all, above all, -> above all,

She say it two times because she insists, so I wrote the second one bigger.

>39
>p4 b1
she's meant to use a double negative but that reads really awkward, maybe someone in the thread can come up with a better wording

This one doesn't make sense in French either. So I think it's ok to leave it like that. ( unless someone think of something better )

>44
>p2 b2
>text hidden behind melu

Same in the original.

>pg20
>p7
>goose of melusine

It's common in French to call someone a turkey ( meaning she is stupid ) The equivalent word reference gave me was goose/ silly goose so I went with that. if it's really too weird I can change it.

Also, The weird title on the second page is the original, and I don't want to change the font used when Cancrelune dreams because I really like how on point it is compared to the original.

I'll work on volume 11 now.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417456
1st here, thanks.

>22
In hindsight, that's actually correct. Even though I find it a bit unclear when all the letters are in caps. Had it been "above all, ABOVE ALL, don't laguh" it would be easier to spot but that's not an option for obvious reasons.
Could be reworded as "above all. DO. NOT. LAUGH." if you really want to.

>cancrelune text
Changing that is more of a personal preference, but I doubt I'm the only one that has a hard time reading it.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417456
Welcome back! Looking forward to volume 11.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417456
>>pg20
>p7
You changed it to "moron of Melusine" but Melusine still retorts with "bimbo goose sandwich" in the last panel. They don't match.

"Turkey" actually is understood as an insult in English (at least where I'm from) but it's kind of a silly thing to say, which would actually fit well here. Consider using it.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg74.214KB
1497484895389.jpg
Melusine #25 raw
https://www42.zippyshare.com/v/3iVLul2Q/file.html

Just in case the anon who asked for it in the win-o isn't the second translator.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417460
I keep forgetting that I should re-up all the raws in their HD formats.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417461
That would be nice. Then the remaining ~dozen tomes can get high res translations. And if either of the anons feels like pasting the script of the translated ones into high res raws that would be even better.

Ideally post them on libgen as well
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417460
That wasn't me in the win-o, thanks.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng189.59KB
badmelu.PNG
Volume 11 to proof read.
https://mega.nz/#!V0wDCaiK!I_woE_IACPTdiOfJDvMjruNe54vmpHnXudCfrwdbbms

Might have more mistakes than usual since I was more tired when working on it. Sorry about that.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417464
1st here, I'm on it. I expect to be done some time during the weekend.

You might want to hold off on the release a little, on the off chance that >417461 delivers.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417465
Yeah, there is no volume 12 HQ on libgen anyways. ( or I didn't find it )
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
1st here.
You certainly weren't wrong when you said there'd probably be more corrections needed than usual. I'm ~halfway done and going to call it for today. Depending on the amount of fixes needed for the second half, I should be done sunday or monday at the latest.

Is doctor notFrankensteins name really supposed to be the german word for potato?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417467
>Is doctor notFrankensteins name really supposed to be the german word for potato?

I recall it is. Doctor Kartoffel, was it?

quick check confirms it:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kartoffel
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417468
His name is Kartoffeln. It just sounds odd to me since I know what it means.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417469
It was a bit odd for me as well since I know a bit german, but it's not any more out of place in the comic than Cancer Moon (Cancrelune), Hazel Leaf (prof. Haaselblatt), or Amy the Person (Aymee Döperzonn, the ghost duchess of the castle). But I could name pretty much half the cast.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417464
2nd proofreader here with my effort: https://pastebin.com/MDhVw5TP
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417470
>Amy
Welll shit, that makes way more sense than waht's in the proofing copy. And now I feel a little miffed because I spent quite some time trying to make sense of it.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417467
yeah, It's kartoffeln, I'm guessing naming him doctor potato is a joke.

>417472
Does it mean something in german?,In french, her name sounds like "loved from nobody", 'cause you know, she's a bitch. There is probably something with the count's name but I didn't get it.
>417470
A "cancre" is a "dunce" her name is duncemoon.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417472
I could be wrong, Amy is just what it sounds like to me. What is her name supposed to be in german?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417473
>german
"dö" sounds like "the" when said out loud.
Her personality shouldn't have any importance for the name, just look at Haaselblatt. I'm convinced Amy ThePerson is the right meaning. Not that that should be used as her name, mind you.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
1st here
melu 11
https://pastebin.com/gzu4P3ja

Reminder to use e and not é when releasing.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417471
>417476

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Done, thanks again for your work, and like usual, few points to talk about

>title
>not too fond of "hexes". to me, a hex is a specifically negative thing, like a curse.
>School of Witchcraft/Sorcery/Magic/Somethingelse could work.

I went with hexes because in the original title the word "maléfice" is specifically negative.

>pg10 p4
>examination's -> examination
>either there's some joke lost in translation here, or "examination" is not the right word. it doesn't really make sense.
There isn't really any hidden meaning here, the exams just take place in a torture room .

>21
>p4 b2
>[...] -> huh? oh, trying to cure her/my aunt. did you need anything?
>diy doesn't make sense alone here

here, she doesn't want to tell the truth to the doctor she tells him literally she is doing some DIY, but I don't know any other ways to say it. "I'm doing some tinkering? fiddling?"

>pg24 note
>is there some kind of joke or a french idiom here? if there is, and it needs explaining, then the note should be moved to the bottom of the page.
if there isn't, i think it should be removed. remember the * as well

It's the traduction of the spell which is in french, It says " in your face", but a bit more vulgar. I made the "*" bigger.

>p8 b1
>wonky translation? "it's a prank" sounds really weird for the situation. "just kidding" would sound a little less >hamfisted but it's still a weird reaction for the situation
>"don't be scared! i'm a wi.. er.. i'll save you!" sounds more natural

The "guy" is scared because he saw the monster mélusine made. Hence why she starts by saying she's a witch, then says it's just a prank prank.

>pg18
p2
>triturate your brain -> triturating your brains
>triturate/triturating is an unusual word I had to look up. If he's supposed to be using an unusual word its fine >but if you want something more recognizable I'd suggest "pulverizing"

>"nails of knowledge"
>as in nails driven into wood? It seems an odd metaphor since triturate means to crush

I changed it to fiddling, and nails to fingernails.

>p2
>"I want you to feel at my home"
>The usual phrase would be "I want you to feel at home", but is there a joke I'm not getting?

That's the joke, it sounds kind but it's not. It's the same as monsieurs telling the doctor "Stay here as long as I'LL like."

>pg24
>p1
>open your grimoire Cauvinulphe page 212 -> open your Cauvinulphe grimoire to page 212
>"Cauvinulphe" is supposed to be the name of a wizard, I suppose?

This one is actually a reference to the french comic agent 212. a comic about french cops. Cauvin being one of the authors.

Thanks again for your help.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417478
>pg18
>p2
I guess I finally understand the joke; where Haselblaat should be using a metaphor for learning, he uses the image of vigorously scratching the head which is actually connotes confusion and frustration.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417478
p4
Examination and torture room makes me think it's meant to be something with a physical examination. Maybe use "exam(s)" instead to make it clearer?

p4
"just checking up on my aunt" or something along those lines could work. Just for clarification, does french have it's own DIY acronym or does it mean Do It Yourself in this context as well?

I'd make the asterisk more noticeable (in the proofing copy it looks like it's part of the spell text), move the t/l note to the bottom of the page and change it to "T/L note: Spell says "In Your Face!"

Re: Triturate
I kinda like "perforating your brains with the nails of knowledge". Sounds old-timey and sinister, but ultimately it's your call.
"plastering your brains with the nails of knowledge" could work as well, but I'm a bit iffy about it. I've been trying to come up with a synonym that's makes you think of Pinhead when Haaselblatt mentions the nails.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417480
>417478
>21
>p4

I think DIY is fine here. It's a funny, weird way to refer to attempting a magical cure.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417480
>417481

No DIY acronym in French, We use the verb "bricoler" It means making/fixing something as an amateur. think "man fixing his radio in the kitchen" or "making a chair himself in a shed in the backyard".

DIY seemed pretty accurate .
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417480

The triturate one is a translation error from my part, the word triturate in french means "grind to a powder" like in english, but in French it also means "handle/manipulate" but in a strong way. It's also kind of an idiom.

Maybe I should go with knead your brain with the fingernails of knowledge?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417482
>417483
>diy
"DIY" alone doesn't make sense. DIY [thing you'd normaly hire a professional for] does, like "DIY carpenting".
I'm still partial to "just checking..." since it does make sense and it doesn't outright reveal that adrazelle is sick

>nails
I'd go with "knead your brains with my fingers of knowledge" if you're really adamant about changing it. It doesn't sounds particularly Haaselblatt sinister though.
Fingernails have even less of a connection to knowledge gain than nails have. At least in my language we (used to) have a saying involving writing something on a nail and hammering it into someones skull to make them really understand whatever was written on it, and I'm fairly certain I've seen a similar figure of speech used in english before.
The hard part about using "nails of knowledge" is finding a fitting synonym to put before it.

"I look forward to hammering the nails of knowledge into your feeble/weak minds/brains"
Slight rewrite, but preserves the "nails" bit.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417484
That does work really well, but it's fingernails, not nails
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417485
Well fuck. I read the proofing as the hammering kind of nails. You could still use it, fiction translations doesn't have to be literal as long as the meaning and/or joke is conveyed. In this case, Haaselblatt being the ominous bastard that he is.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg705.88KB
Melusine_T11-digital-01.jpg
Melusine 11 - At the school of hexes
https://mega.nz/#!14gjDSSD!supu9H_Xd2WqZmBmNKkxSHFIx2vDLwJUPcrs3xNUYW4

I'd like to start on volume 12 now, but I didn't find any HQ files on libgen, If an Anon can upload it, it would be great.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417487
Thanks.

You could just use Grodbeldekks 1100 pix raws as a base for the script. If >417461 hasn't posted anything by the time you're done, it'll probably never happen.

As long as you keep the gimp files, redoing releases with HQ raws shouldn't be too much of a hassle either. I'm just assuming Gimp works the same way as PS in that regard.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417487
Just did a quick skim, no broken pages.

t/l note
Any particular reason you kept the "loved from nobody" when ThePerson seems way more plasuble?

p2
in your -> into your
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417489
I'm pretty adamant on the translation of this one. her first name being aymée, which is pronounced nothing like Amy.
There is no doubt this is a joke they were going for.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I'll post the new raws this week.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I suppose Clarke and/or Gilson had second thoughts with the Doctor and his little entourage about adding so many new characters? I won't miss Nestor but I think I will miss Rosaria's chest, even in a series with this lead character.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417487
pg06
p5
wants -> want OR wish

This wasn't fixed from the first draft.

pg12
p8
>static
I'm going to to have to disagree with the 1st proofreader; "crackling" is a much better choice as it makes a pun; crackling static on a phone vs. a crackling fire (in hell).

pg24
p1
open your Cauvinulphe grimoire page 212 -> open your Cauvinulphe grimoire to page 212
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417490
I mentioned Amy for Aymée because it is the English version for the French surname, like Joe or John for the French Jean. As far as I know, anyway (I could be wrong). "ThePerson" sounds like a straight up pun to me. Asterix has many puns like that too, like the british chief was called Zebigbos (The Big Boss).

What is the german phrase that you think the name is a pun on? You could be right about it and I could be wrong.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417494
I dunno, some anon thought It made more sense since she was called Amy, but I have no idea what the joke is in German
The pun makes sense in French, I'm absolutely certain of that.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417495
1st here
I still think it's ThePerson that's the joke, since Gilson has shown he doesn't mind using non-french for shit n' giggles (Haaselblatt and Kartoffeln), but we'll have to agree to disagree.

"dö" is not german per se, but it's probably part of some words. The thing is that it sounds like "the" when said out loud and "perzonn" is really just another way of writing "person".

But, as previously stated, it's ultimately your call since you're the one putting actual work into this. The rest of us are just here to be helpful.

>417493
>crackling
Good catch.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Hey, I've been sitting on this too long. 23
https://mega.nz/#!Id4gAC6C!LXUb2b0fj9XxV2ez02V1HWXt0XWfBB0hU_iu3PmaLpY
https://pastebin.com/9U837TWH
Original for reference.
https://mega.nz/#!UdpCTKpK!TZ09NSuXJApvf0ofohBE09DePW1SeY1sMitPD0ZNpEU
I'd also specifically like feedback on any non-bubble text (signs, etc.), just to make sure it looks alright.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417497
1st here
On it. I will most likely be done by next weekend.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417497
2nd finished my go on volume 23: https://pastebin.com/4iCry3ri

I'm going to have limited access to internet next week so I might not be able to work on anything then.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
1st here
Minor headsup regarding #23. Had more irl stuff this week than expected, so a bit behind. I'll try to get it done today, but worst case I'll be done tuesday.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417497
melu 23
https://pastebin.com/LvqtMrxr

I prefer the title with Versus

p29
The butt of the joke here is that the dwarf drew all the students on the priests glasses, so the priest thinks they're there while he's preaching.

Unrelated drivel:
I prefer Krapellas old outfit, but a corset can be nice too.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
2nd here; my internet access is back to normal now.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Can somebody reupload vol 6? The links are dead.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Alright I looked over the proof-readings and made changes, hope I didn't miss anything. Here's an update and some comments.
https://mega.nz/#!JVwzDSxL!z4OM-U1YxBeIQ5hkTXXwNumMMfNgxGocmWqvdGHmLx4
https://pastebin.com/3enbnJZ3
>417504
https://mega.nz/#!kcpnlYpI!noDlEv8h_oFyVJpTJ8Pb8k8Ef8gWeOikYsNkZG_SITk
is the latest version I have.

Sorry it's taking a while, I'm going through a move and other irl stuff. I'm going to be busy almost all this week too, then after that I'll start on 25 since I skipped it before.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417505
1st here

Few options here.
Replace Bluebeard with an equivalent (urban) legend, which sounds like work.
No change, but add a t/l note at the bottom, explainng what it's about.
No change, fuck you and learn some culture.

I'm leaning towards 2 or 3.

The way I read it, the statues are meant to grade their work because the teacher is lazy. "feedback/tips" doesn't really imply that.
"we will look at that" "we will grade/correct that" could work.
Also, center text.

p5 b4
you pasted both my suggestions, you scamp.
[i'd...salami] -> i'd rather eat some salami
re-center text

p2
the punish -> then punish

I like the suggested changes for 24, they sound more natural.

>sorry
No sweat. Hopefully you're both doing this for fun so there's no rush.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng189.11KB
melu12.PNG
Mélusine volume 12 to proofread.

https://mega.nz/#!U0wx3IYb!33Wppcl6Sb9rTB2Jb2sEjz9R9q8nxqLAMLhPYQYlYv4

And here's volume 06 for the Anon above.
https://mega.nz/#!I4BQzZ6L!AvrQ66CcvGhHQTCdqpHcQg7zgaN7hOd1q9QNiwZZPTs
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417507
1st here
I'm on it. On vacation currently, so I expect to be done in a couple days, instead of the usual week.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
2nd here: there wasn't a whole lot I could find to comment on so I'm already done: https://pastebin.com/XgFCXBSs
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417507
1st here
12 done.
https://pastebin.com/BBXxvu0r

This may be on my end, but some of the pages seems like they have pixelated text in some bubbles. It's only for the bubbles that have fontsize one or two ticks lower than your standard setting.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Almost done, thanks again for your work, and as usual, few things to figure out.

Sadly I can't do anything about the font being pixelated, it's indeed because of the font size and in the page about cooking, melu and Krapella are whispering, hence the size.

>15
>p2
>the oldest copy -> a first edition
>necronomikon -> necronomicon

the K is on purpose. not sure if there's a joke though.

>31
>p6 b2
>it sounds a little wonky. i suspect there's a french idiom or reference to something here

It's a joke, it's only supernatural instead of "it's only natural" ...CUZ SHE A GHOST!

>34
>p3
>repulwhatever -> ???
>is there a lost-in-translation joke in the name?

Repulsive + urticaria. It's made up.

>36
>p3 b1
>a set animal -> ???
>i could see something like "vicious" fit, given context

The meaning here is that the topic is forced on her, she has to research this particular animal. I didn't know how to put it in english.

>p7 b2
>is there a joke with "elephantine" ?

No, It had a direct translation so I went with it.

>b3
>[...] -> or use the stairs, but your legs are stiff.
<the dialogue feels stiff, but i can't think of something better. i assume "they" refers to his legs

Actually, the word I was looking for is "steep" the stairs are steep.
I went with " you can either fly, but it's raining... ...or use the stairs, but they are a bit steep!

>p2 b2
>i assume "senor" is on purpose? otherwise "herr" would be fitting as the german equivalent

señor is on purpose, but this font doesn't have the tilde.

I like how Kartoffeln ends up speaking half german by the end of the book. i'm gonna miss him if he doesn't come back.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417511
13 p1
Crud, I just rechecked my notes and realized I made a spelling error. If you pasted directly from the notes then
wou -> you

I would go with the [dangerous animal] instead, because that's not really something you can convey with that little room. A small amount of artistic license is ok for fiction, as long as the meaning/joke is properly conveyed.
"those beasts are vicious" or something like that.

I'm not a particular fan of "elephantine", it just sounds weird and there's apparently no joke relying on it. I think Monstrous, Gargantuan, Humonguous, etc. would sound better.

That makes more sense.
b2
[...] -> you can either fly, but it's raining...
b3
[...] -> or you can use the steep stairs
b3 alternative
[...] -> or you can use the stairs, but they're steep
Not a fan of the alternative, because using "but" several times in what is technically a single sentence is bad writing.

>senor
I get the joke, I was just puzzled by Melusine suddenly using spanish. It just seems more logical to me if she had used the german "herr".
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417512
>I was just puzzled by Melusine suddenly using spanish. It just seems more logical to me if she had used the german "herr".
I think that's part of the joke; she uses a foreign form of address for the foreign doctor, but the WRONG one. Especially silly given how close Germany is to Belgium and how much further away Spain ins.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg479.246KB
Melusine_T12-digital-01.jpg
Melusine Volume 12 Beauty and the beast.
https://mega.nz/#!M54FmJBQ!5yb6qaUKdQfU6UliTCmk6MVeEjCLAifzIzR8ertzNr4

I'm going on a little vacation now, i'll start Volume 13 when I come back.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417514
Thanks.
Just gave it a quick skim. No broken pages.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I just wanted to say thanks a lot for your hard work translating these comcis.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Rejoice.
If either of you translators wants to make HD versions of the tomes already done then please let us know in advance, so we can give the current release a final check. Might as well get shit as close to perfect as we can in the first release.

Melusine T01 - Sortileges (1995) (2 covers) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/YUZ3g7Ft/file.html
Melusine T02 - Le bal des vampires (1996) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/93jl2HJA/file.html
Melusine T03 - Inferno (1996) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/Apo9yEBl/file.html
Melusine T04 - Histoires a lire au coin du feu (1997) (2 covers) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/tPJXG59O/file.html
Melusine T05 - Philtres d'amour (1998) (2 covers) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/GggDyZhR/file.html
Melusine T06 - Farfadets et korrigans (1999) (2 covers) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/Kw03DpaH/file.html
Melusine T07 - Hocus pocus (2000) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/C0s4Etch/file.html
Melusine T08 - Halloween (2000) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/WYAtym9b/file.html
Melusine T09 - Hypnosis (2001) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/rnc9CaBi/file.html
Melusine T10 - Contes de la pleine lune (2002) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/zuhiG7S3/file.html
Melusine T11 - a l'ecole des Malefices (2003) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/xtUrLSx4/file.html
Melusine T12 - La Belle et la Bete (2004) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/PrCuadow/file.html
Melusine T13 - Superstitions (2005) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/L745FfZ7/file.html
Melusine T14 - La cuisine du Diable (2006) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/XzFTClX6/file.html
Melusine T15 - L'Apprentie Sorciere (2007) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/cAlJ88rU/file.html
Melusine T16 - Ballet enchantee (2008) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/Mz6V4URB/file.html
Melusine T17 - Sang pour sang (2009) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/txteaamU/file.html
Melusine T18 - Malediction! (2010) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/10gEeWd5/file.html
Melusine T19 - L'elixir de jouvence (2011) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/qCZfDudC/file.html
Melusine T20 - Envoutement (2012) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/zHnPsOWp/file.html
Melusine T21 - Le Tournoi de magie (2013) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/WWGJo8zS/file.html
Melusine T22 - Cancrelune (2014) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/U3Cj6Lty/file.html
Melusine T23 - Fees contre sorciers (2015) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/UyGyJmAa/file.html
Melusine T24 - La ville fantome (2016) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/mkVIk6e3/file.html
Melusine T25 - L'annee du dragon (2017) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/dhUTCAQ6/file.html
Melusine T26 - En rose et noir (2018) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/weqAF43R/file.html
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Hey guys, I'm back. Working on Volume 13 now.

>417517
dude, thank you so much, It's gonna be so much better.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417518
Will you bother redoing the existing volumes for the HD rips, or is that too much to ask for?

I'd recommend doing at least book 11 and 12, since the old raws for those were very small.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417519
I'll probably go over them once all the untranslated volumes will be done.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg111.436KB
mel27_cv.jpg
oh boy.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
damn her waist got thinner.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417518
Welcome back; I'm looking forward to vol. 13.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng902.689KB
tumblr_peg11tUZoW1r7qtjvo1_1280.png
Some fresh Melusine fanart: http://aeolus06.tumblr.com/post/177666304609/mels-night-flight-melusine-goes-for-a-little
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Hey guys. just a heads up, I'm still working on the translation, I just happen to have a lot of work at the moment. ( and volume 13 isn't really good tbh.)

it's still coming.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
willilng to wait as long as it takes man.
thanks for working on it for us!
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417527
I've been waiting for translations for 11+ years, since someone first mentioned her on 7chan. I don't mind waiting a little more.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng130.8KB
melu13pr.PNG
Here's volume 13 to proof read.

https://mega.nz/#!FlRBxKCK!De5hD7sATkhzfSyKViUrpEtpNgzOs53F0iFd-Z1nKMw

Page 24 made no fucking sense to me.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417530
1st here, I'm on it.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng36.813KB
input.PNG
1st here, halfway done.

I got some input regarding page 24.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
2nd here done my pass-through: https://pastebin.com/SZGymXi3

>417532
>the signal when prey is spotted
In English that would be Tally-ho, which Wikipedia tells me is derived from the French taïaut.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417530
I finally got page 24; the wolves are howling because they sat on the snow and it's cold, just as Cancrelune does in the next-to-last panel.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417534
Holy shit you're right. I somehow missed the panel where Cancrelune was howling.
I get it now.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
1st here
https://pastebin.com/b1mDpvBP

If anyone can come up with a good replacement for the second fart noise on p37 (pata ponff) it would be neat.

Other translator are you still with us? It's been almost 2 months since #23 was proofed.
I hope you saved my notes because I don't have them anymore and I always set my pastes to expire after a month.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg306.5KB
Melusine_T13-digital-01.jpg
M2lusine Volume 13 Superstitions is done.

https://mega.nz/#!xwQ1jSyI!i9CiXA6oHipS8n1H2bD4aShdrmCDhGgwvSOpyU-TQys

Thanks again to the two proof readers for their input. As usual, a few things to point out :

>01+02 title
>"superstiotions" is plural in english, so the title ought to be "superstition"
The title is actually plural in French too.

>p3
>20/20 sounds weird, is that how grades are done in french?
Yes, Scores are out of ten or out of twenty in France. I switched to to score here tho.

>p3 b2
>[you...ok] -> you try them on and give them back, ok?
There was a "joke" here where all the verbs rhymed, obviously it was lost in translation, but i'm not sure about changing it all.

>p7 b1
>[...] -> never in my three hundred year career have i seen such a crap shoot not fond of "crap shoot" but i can't think of a better wording.
He's literally talking about a nest of crabs here. he's insulting the students.

>26
>t/l note
>pulverulentes editions -> pustulent edition
>i'm guessing it's just [something] Edition, like Deluxe, Collectors, etc. unless there's some wordplay and >pulverulentes sounds like something else in french
Oh shit, I thought it was a made up word but it's not. it translate by "powdered"

>
>p7
>god of war -> god of mischief/strife
I knew it was unaccurate but I didn't know If I should correct it. I did in the end.

Welp, That's it, next stop, Volume 14.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417537
Thanks.
Did a quick skim, here's some minor (F) things and some thoughts.

p9
Krapellas speech sounds pretty stilted and with the rhyming being lost in translation anyway, I like my suggestion better.

p12
I'm fairly certain the crab nest idiom is called something else in english (rats nest?), but I have no idea what to google to find out what it is.

p24
Still barely makes sense, I really think you should've used my suggestion. At least that somewhat explains the joke.
I'll agree with 2nd though, it is a pretty crummy joke. An extra panel to flesh it out could've made it work way better.

p26 t/l note
To keep up with the title of Mandraghors book, I think you should change "powdered" to "pulverized".
powdered editions -> pulverized edition

b4 p1
with two t -> with two t's (alternatively "with a double t")

p9 sign
methodsto -> methods to

p37
No (F), just wanted to say good job on pata ponff.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
One month with no posts. I hope this project hasn't run dry!
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I'm just grateful for what we got to be honest. I gave up on new translations years ago but this thread added a lot of translations I didn't think I would ever get to read.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417547
I mailed the translator and got no response.

I think this is it, folks. Can someone please collect links for the volumes we did get translations for? Just in case we missed any.
replyreportdelete
Does anyone know where to find volume 25?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417552
Reuploaded the old links:

Melusine T01 - Sortileges (1995) (2 covers) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/WQkU2WMH/file.html
Melusine T02 - Le bal des vampires (1996) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/NLWzkcib/file.html
Melusine T03 - Inferno (1996) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/6M6z7Pss/file.html
Melusine T04 - Histoires a lire au coin du feu (1997) (2 covers) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/DpCAcp6b/file.html
Melusine T05 - Philtres d'amour (1998) (2 covers) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/Eig5LqtZ/file.html
Melusine T06 - Farfadets et korrigans (1999) (2 covers) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/DtS33g4u/file.html
Melusine T07 - Hocus pocus (2000) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/nbZw47zQ/file.html
Melusine T08 - Halloween (2000) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/sFCRabgj/file.html
Melusine T09 - Hypnosis (2001) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/WoVdlUez/file.html
Melusine T10 - Contes de la pleine lune (2002) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/QLgTIpkM/file.html
Melusine T11 - a l'ecole des Malefices (2003) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/2sl7D4iu/file.html
Melusine T12 - La Belle et la Bete (2004) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/5se0PEeo/file.html
Melusine T13 - Superstitions (2005) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/5AuOdNiY/file.html
Melusine T14 - La cuisine du Diable (2006) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/bFkCu5O9/file.html
Melusine T15 - L'Apprentie Sorciere (2007) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/WoDBrEmh/file.html
Melusine T16 - Ballet enchantee (2008) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/k8UZpN9Z/file.html
Melusine T17 - Sang pour sang (2009) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/dl9fNdJV/file.html
Melusine T18 - Malediction! (2010) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/AIgid16t/file.html
Melusine T19 - L'elixir de jouvence (2011) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/dcpCQOKZ/file.html
Melusine T20 - Envoutement (2012) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/jcJ0AUe0/file.html
Melusine T21 - Le Tournoi de magie (2013) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/k3vhlaYH/file.html
Melusine T22 - Cancrelune (2014) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/3DqRJR13/file.html
Melusine T23 - Fees contre sorciers (2015) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/46KjfV7p/file.html
Melusine T24 - La ville fantome (2016) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/zfxulEv3/file.html
Melusine T25 - L'annee du dragon (2017) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/nvfvvcfH/file.html
Melusine T26 - En rose et noir (2018) (Digital) (Grodbeldekk-Empire) (HD).rar
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/JqCWYP2P/file.html
replyreportdelete

File selected.