banner

/baw/ - General Discussion

Board updated. Please use this thread to report bugs.

Mods & Janitors: If you've forgotten your login details but would like to continue helping, please e-mail me: [email protected]

radio
6MB jpg, 6MB png, 8MB gif, 6MB mp3, 12MB swf, 8MB webm, 8MB mp4
14 posts, 5 images (total attachments: 5)
Anonymous
savepng87.4KB
ktph.png
Sup guys?
I'm in my mid thirties, matured, and have a stable life.
It's me: NEET. By definition no longer NEET age wise, and gee, the first thing I thought about was you guys. To the oldfags in here:

How has life treated you? Achievements, Failures? What's up?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Not much, just trying to deal with the fact that every community I've been part, or every media I consumed, has either dried up / disappeared or turned into something I dislike. I have trouble finding new things to have fun with, so I try to occupy myself with work, but that doesn't work because I am very bad at keeping attention at work. Meanwhile I notice more and more chances that I passed by due to laziness, and due to age, I may never have the chance to make up for those.

I think it's what people call a midlife crisis?

Work is okay and I still have awesome luck to get by on, but perhaps I should put more effort into saving up for my old age. Right now I only make enough to get by, but primarily because I work much less than I could.

In short life could be more eventful, but I'm too lazy to actually pursue things.
replyreportdelete
Mr. StonezWb42fBPMM
savepng270.765KB
a-summary-of-my-life.png
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg27.807KB
fuck my life.jpg
>417588
this is mine.
replyreportdelete
­
savejpg83.331KB
parallel.jpg
I arrived before the switch to the centre-aligned site. Does that make me oldfag enough? I'm 20

Life is still bittersweet. An odd mix, almost too much good luck. Overall things are going well. I'm not sure how long that will last. I can only wonder what my next autistic obsession will be.
In some ways I was very mature as a child, but in just as many ways I will be very childish as I age. My strange life experience won't ever cease to fascinate me.

I thought at this time in my life I would have become a drawfag, but I never did. I had other priories and lacked the discipline to fulfill that fantasy. There's just something magical about them.
replyreportdelete
User 9
>417587
>Not much, just trying to deal with the fact that every community I've been part, or every media I consumed, has either dried up / disappeared or turned into something I dislike.
Oh, I thought it was just me who specifically went around to communities and web comics that immediately go dormant/on hiautus soon after I arrive. Though, I guess that's because the alternative is often that they become so active I end up feeling crowded out of them.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417594
Oh, I don't mean that, I mean that the places I visited for years all changed or closed or have no users anymore. Makes me wonder, where did everyone go? Do people really just use twitter and facebook and discord even for more niche subculture discussions? Is there another site out there which is like 4chan used to be in the mid 00s?
replyreportdelete
Mr. StonezWb42fBPMM
>417595
>Is there another site out there which is like 4chan used to be in the mid 00s?

Not really, no.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417587
Confirmed oldfag.

>417588
I remember Mr. Stone!

>417590
Don't worry, if your under 30, that's completely normal.

>417591
Enjoy that shit as much as you can. Long-term goals should set in after you graduate and tried out a few things.

>417594
This site's appeal has always been it's community and slow pace.

>417595
Not that I know of.

Well, I'll let you be the judge.

I can afford a place of my own, 2 meals and a six pack a day, I don't have a car because everything is within walking distance, IRL I got maybe 50 friends, then family, but if SHTF I can rely on about 3 friends and my parents (Hey that's not bad for an introvert).
I'm going to inherit my Mom's land, so right now I'm saving up to build a house there.
I'm still single. I did some dating, lost my V, and everything, but... I don't even like it when my folks come over. Living alone is too awesome.

How did I do?
replyreportdelete
Meister Tweister
Let's see what happens within 7 days.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417628

It's been over 7 days.
What was supposed to have happened again?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg60.6KB
unimpressed.jpg
>417659
did he died?
replyreportdelete
Meister Tweister
>417659
A good thing happened.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417676
>417690

Err... no, and no.

It was unlikely I'd have all my shit stolen, lose my savings, and be evicted for no reason in 7 days in the first place.
replyreportdelete

File selected.