banner

/baw/ - General Discussion

Board updated. Please use this thread to report bugs.

Mods & Janitors: If you've forgotten your login details but would like to continue helping, please e-mail me: [email protected]

radio
6MB jpg, 6MB png, 8MB gif, 6MB mp3, 12MB swf, 8MB webm, 8MB mp4
35 posts, 6 images (total attachments: 6)
Health and Fitness Thread
savepng2.927MB
fit.jpg.png
Welcome to the Health and Fitness Thread!

aka. Ask Slowpoke Anything: The Thread
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
how do i gains
replyreportdelete
Slowmobile
>404440
In order of importance:
>Eat a lot (or just already be fat and eat a regular amount)
>Sleep a lot
>Lift heavy
All 3 are required though.
replyreportdelete
read the sticky
>404440
OATS
N
SQUATS
replyreportdelete
Slowmobile
WOW OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTING IS REALLY HARD I'M GOING TO DIE
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng115.493KB
Tails_gets_trolled_0083.png
>been doing a routine for about half a year that involves chin-ups
>just realised I've been doing pull-ups this whole time
replyreportdelete
Slowpoke
Giving 5/3/1 a try, it's a very barebones minimalist program. If anyone wants a copy of the book, lemme know, I've got the pdf.
My current version of it
>Monday (Overhead Press day)
>OHP 5/3/1
>Lat Pulldowns 5x10 (will become chinups as I get better at chinups, right now I'm heavier than I am strong)
>Dips 5x10

>Tuesday (Deadlift day)
>Deadlift 5/3/1
>Bulgarian Split Squats 5x10 (these are absolutely brutal, highly recommend)
>DB Side Bends 4x20

>Thursday (Bench day)
>Bench Press 5/3/1
>Kroc Rows 3x20-30
>Dips 5x10

>Friday (Squat day)
>Squats 5/3/1
>Romanian Deadlifts 4x15
>Weighted Situps 3x10-20
replyreportdelete
Slowpoke
Kroc Rows, btw, are a gosh darn manmaker. Good Lord, approaching the end of your set, your grip's been failing for the last 6 reps, you've got 3 more to go, your lats feel like they're gonna just blow clean off, it's a beautiful lift.

Dips twice a week is pretty brutal too, I'd never really done them before, but they give a really nice pump.
replyreportdelete
Slowmobile
Using this thread as my personal journal i guess.

Having really really sore abs feels like you constantly have to explosively poop. Exact same feeling.
It's unpleasant.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>405399
Same as getting stung in the abdomen by a bluebottle, I suppose? It also feels like you constantly need to use the bathroom but stings as well.
replyreportdelete
Slowpoke
savejpg190.206KB
still so weak.jpg
Ayyy, managed 5 reps at 95% of last month's one-rep max.
Means a roughly 35 pound improvement to my ORM in 3 weeks, not shabby at all.
Still babyweight though.
replyreportdelete
Slowpoke
>405582
Also I completely crushed that pen moments later by accidentally dropping the weight on it.
I really liked that pen.
;_;
replyreportdelete
Alpharius on the move
>405582
Don't feel bad about using 'baby' weight when doing Olympic lifting. That shit is intense and baby steps is how you get better, you should already know that.
replyreportdelete
Slowpoke
>405584
it was deadlifts
replyreportdelete
Slowpoke
savejpg53.41KB
slowpokeandjoy.jpg
Janae Kroc commented on one of my IG posts

Senpai noticed me
replyreportdelete
Tora Doran0CyHpL66I
Underside of upper arm flab: How to get rid of? I'm asking for a friend who is too young and attractive and vain to have bingo wings.
replyreportdelete
Slowmobile
>405880
Spot-reduction is a myth, your genetics dictate where your flab ends up and what order you lose it in. I have very lean, defined arms and legs, a slight gut, and then huge disgusting love handles. Sucks brah.

But yeah, if you've got fat in an area you don't like, only way to lose it is to lose fat. Eat less or move more.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>405885
This is correct.

(how did I fail making this comment three times?)
replyreportdelete
Alpharius on the move
Bump.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>406593
thanks, I couldn't see it on any page. My browser a shit.
replyreportdelete
Alpharius on the move
Going to the gym at night is almost makes me forget that I'm fatigued and would rather be home on my computer.
replyreportdelete
Slowmobile
>408335
I had to pop in for a minute at like midnight because my elbow cancer was seriously flaring up from all the pressing i do and i skipped curls earlier.
Really nice. Very quiet.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
I hold a weird simultaneous state of self-deprecation and self-confidence, so I feel I really need a reality check or two. After exams, I think I'll make a post in /soc/'s "rate" threads. Any other suggestions?

Also, been skipping the gym for over a month due to exams (I tell myself) and probably lost a kg or two due to mild stress. Fug.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>409038
Finally want to gym for first time in months. I hope my legs hurt tomorrow.
replyreportdelete
Slowmobile
Starting two weeks from today, I begin BUILDING
THE
MONOLITH
https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101078918-building-the-monolith-5-3-1-for-size
Including the diet plan (at least 1.5 lbs of beef + 12 whole eggs per day).
Probably gonna get fat. Probably gonna get some serious tendinitis from all that volume. Definitely gonna get stronker.
I'm so excited.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>409038
True confidence can only come from within. Exercise might be helpful in building confidence only in the positive effect it will have on your mental state--external validation from things like /soc/ won't make you feel any better other than for a short and ultimately hollow moment. Exercise and eat right because they make you feel better, or to look the way you want to look, not to become "attractive" which is a nonsensical and subjective thing anyway. Learning to love yourself will do far more to make you attractive than getting rid of your love handles.

If you can't find internal validation from self-improvement and becoming the person you want to be, you might want to talk to a psychiatrist about your confidence issues as well, since they could be indicative of depression or anxieties that should be treated with drugs. But keep in mind that you'll generally feel an overall improvement of mental state from healthier lifestyle, too.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savepng527.93KB
Ren's prayer.png
I hope Santa brings me huge pectoral muscles.
replyreportdelete
Slowmobile
>411970
Same, same
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Starting a loose diet, more of just meal planning. I under-eat, so I've planned out times to have meals and a few choices of things to have for those meals.

I've lost like 5kg during finals last year.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg462.668KB
_fit_ pickup lines.jpg
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
My appetite has decreased to a point that I eat only 1 or 2 meals a day now. I still don't have the energy to get back to the gym to work on my cardio.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
One black pooping isn't a sign of impending critical health issues is it (Just something you should watch out for continuing)?

Been sick the past weak with a kidney/bladder infection or something and on the antibiotics, not been eating so much so I wasn't pooping, only a couple of tiny lumps put out like twice (which were the normal brown color) during that period.

Today, its the end of my course of antibiotics, not totally 100% but feelings much better than back then, has an actual meal and everything to herald my return to health.
Had a proper lengthy shit this afternoon and just had another one tonight which not overly painful but a bit of a strain after so long without, and I look down noticing the water is too clouded/dark to see the leaving but you think maybe that's partly the urine as well.
I wipe and take a look at the paper and the smear on the paper is a really dark brown-black which is worrying.

Black poop is sign of blood in it right, but is it possible to just have this sort of thing as a one-off without a serious cause? Like maybe its just something that happened from all that illness and now my body is starting up again its the dross getting worked out of the system?

30 years old if that matters overall.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>416086
Well shit, I wouldn't know.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>416086
>Black poop is sign of blood in it right, but is it possible to just have this sort of thing as a one-off without a serious cause? Like maybe its just something that happened from all that illness and now my body is starting up again its the dross getting worked out of the system?

It is entirely possible for poop to be black without being full of dried blood. For example, pepto bismol will turn poop black.

The water should probably be turning a little red if the poop is full of blood, even if the poop itself is black.

That said, the age doesn't matter much--ulcers are one of the number one killers of young men, but on the other hand, antibiotics would be the prescription for curing an ulcer, so if you were on antibiotics you don't need to be as concerned.

But talk to your doc if you're concerned. Also, if your urine is so dark it's making the water hard to see, you should probably be drinking more water--diarrhea and other stomach bugs often get you dehydrated quick, so if you haven't been drinking extra water to compensate, you're probably low.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Randomly looked up the common side-effects of contraceptive implant. Amongst others (some pretty serious sounding) there is-

>loss of interest in sex

That just seems like the universe taking the piss.
replyreportdelete

File selected.