/baw/ - General Discussion

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 414 posts, 49 files (49 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /baw/394774 Close window
Options
save file
image:141646933100.gif(328kB , 800x397 , 1415704532273.gif)
Six Nights at Speak Your Mind

Most recent one hit the bump limit.

We’re almost at the end of the year. How was your 2014? Mine wasn’t all that good or bad. Just kinda…meh.
No.394776
Anonymous
I'll answer the OP question later, but right now I'm going to speak my mind like I came here to do.

For some reason when I try to fantasize sexually about a real person, I always end up fantasizing about something bad that I don't actually want to happen. One day, I want to kiss a girl so hard that I faint on her (fun times for all), another day I imagine that she was raped and me beating up and prosecuting the guy who did it. I always spoil the moment to ask if she has an STI and without a doubt I will say or do something stupid or awkward that I wouldn't dream of IRL. I don't want for us to get injured, I don't want to become a blubbering, nervous beta when she decides to be adventurous, and I don't want for some SJW in the cubicle next door to rudely interrupt us and whine about thin privilege only for me to have to tell her she is delusional, mid-coitus. I just tried fantasizing right now and three seconds in, I think 'and then her mum comes in'. It's like a part of my brain wants the other parts to spaghetti out in some act of self-depreciative schadenfreude. I don't have any humiliation/sub/etc. fetishes (occasional femdom is the closest fetish I have to it) and I don't enjoy this weird habit at all.

Back to the OP, 2014 has been pretty good. Among other things, I have improved greatly in art (even if it is still dA-tier), started trying to sort out a persistent health issue that I keep bringing up in these threads, have strengthened some friendships and made new ones, manned up and asked out the new girl who is out of my league, started using the gym's weights room (although going to the gym one time a week isn't doing much), gotten a new part-time job and work experience starting in the next two weeks, am going surprisingly well in NoFap. It should probably create its own thread like in old /baw/, improved my social life in general, and discovered another great cartoon.

If any of you fuckers say you achieved nothing positive, you are a dirty liar. Even if some bad shit happened, you must have achieved something worthy of admiration.
No.394777
Anonymous
My 2104 has been average.

Not that nothing happened, but really good things happened and then so did really bad things so they balanced out to create average
No.394778
slowmobile
I miss comrade. I had some pretty radically different views from her, especially seeing as how I've been straightedge most of my life, but she was a pretty cool dude. I don't have any other chef friends, I don't know who to talk about recipes with anymore :(
No.394780
F-ing
I've had a decent 2014 now that I think about it. Lots of moving forward with my own art, forward with therapy, and finally getting some decent money as a freelancer.

You know what, 2014 as a whole was pretty great! The good far far outweighs any bad.
2013 was pure putrid shit was what.
save file
image:141654912200.png(38kB , 600x360 , cat sauna massage wat.png)
Is what exists real? Does what's real exist? Things exist if we can prove they are real, and they are real if they exist.

What is real?
No.394792
Anonymous
>>394789
I can't prove you exist, Twister.

Are you real?
save file
image:141655558900.png(815kB , 945x1181 , DA__Patorik__Squirrel-Girl.png)
>>394789

…screw your philosophizing, I’mma sit back and just enjoy life as best I can. ?
No.394795
TeethandHunger
//youtube.com/watch?v=HdrORwZzlBkyoutube thumb

We where fools not to take this game more seriously. FOOLS!
No.394796
Jumpman
http://www.clickhole.com/splitpic/where-did-these-daddies-go-1474

I love Clickhole so much.
No.394797
Anonymous
Replies:>>394798
I wonder if it would be possible to stop your head from producing oil for the hair and preventing greasy hair altogether. Or if that would be such a bad thing.
No.394798
Mister Twister
>>394797
Being born with better genes is your only option. I wasn't very lucky.
save file
image:141662576900.gif(925kB , 367x309 , 1411704108415.gif)
>>394789
Nah man, we're just in a dream of the godhead, none of this crap is for realzies. You're only hope is to attain a full understanding that you are everything and everything is you, and proclaim that you are still an individual even though you aren't anything at all, and achieve CHIM.

And then you can go and fuck up Morrowind by being a narcissistic asshole and not destroying a meteor when you could have so you can have an ever-present threat looming over your city to keep people worshiping you.
No.394800
Tora Dora !n0CyHpL66I
I PASSED THE BAR!!! I'm still not officially a lawyer because of the other stuff, but the hardest part is over!
No.394801
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>394800
Congratulations!
No.394805
F-ing
>>394800
Congrats!
No.394825
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
So I've been on Venlaflexin ER for about two months now and therapy for almost as long. Both seem to be having a very positive effect and I feel much better overall. I've only had one "down" in the past three weeks and it lasted only two days or so, when in the past it would last many more days and come and go about once a week.

It's not enough of a change to really get me moving in doing things like becoming more social or going to a different, better job, but I am more assertive in general and slowly getting some smaller tasks done that I've put off for forever.
Replies:>>394864
save file
image:141676878500.gif(339kB , 432x432 , 132923574677.gif)
>>394825
>Autonymoose's life is not depressing to read about for once
What fresh paradise is this?

But for real, glad to hear things are finally coming up Auto.
No.394831
Tora Dora !n0CyHpL66I
>>394825

Glad things are going better for you Autony! Just take it one day at a time.
save file
image:141678545800.png(522bytes , 32x32 , WIP-Sprite.png)
An actual WIP piece. Yay me~
No.394837
Anonymous
Replies:>>394839
You guys saw Interstellar, right?
Am I wrong for having actually liked it?

Yeah, I admit the story has some problems, but they always maintained the emotional gravitas to the film which is super essential to any story - and the science was actually well researched for sci fi.
There's a scene based on an actual event that happened to Buzz Aldrin and people are calling it unrealistic?
Then people take literally any scene with anything they found irksome and they keep citing "Nolanisms" and such to discredit the guy?

????
save file
image:141680046900.jpg(78kB , 621x480 , am I kawaii uguu.jpg)
>people who post pictures on facebook with the brightness and blur cranked up to max which makes their face detail on par with moe anime characters
>"so beautiful!!!"
>"hey handsome ;)"
>you can barely tell where their nose is
No.394839
Anonymous (Australia)
Replies:>>394840
>>394837
Everyone I've talked to liked it. One even said it was the best movie he's ever seen.
I haven't seen it yet, though.

In other news, I threw up last night into a full paper-bin. Feeling better now.
No.394840
Anonymous
>>394839
>One even said it was the best movie he's ever seen.
You know what, I can totally understand that.
save file
image:141684132900.png(1kB , 64x32 , WIP-Wrestler-Sprites.png)
More progress!
No.394853
Anonymous
I got rope-a-doped into signing a contract I shouldn't have. And now I'm having a massive anxiety attack.
No.394858
F-ing
I find it funny how whenever I get super feelgood about stuff and start going all "Oh man, the world is great, I love all of yous" people get all worried about me thinking I'm super depressed again.

I'm not. I'm feeling good, people.

So if anyone sees me getting like that, please understand I really do mean it when I say I feel good.
I'm enough of a crybaby to let the whole world know otherwise.
No.394861
Anonymous
Wow, fuck you, lady, now you care what I think?
No.394864
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>394826
>>394831
Thanks!

>>394853
Depending on circumstances surrounding the signing, you may not be legally bound to it. See thee a lawyer.
No.394867
Anonymous
Aaaah fuck America.
No.394868
Nøpe
Time to go without internet for a month.
And no, don't fuck America. Fuck the exact people that let this happen. Because America is the people who would stand against it too.
Otherwise, it sounds like an admission of defeat.
Good luck and Godspeed.
No.394869
Anonymous
As a possible aside to this story my ABC station instead of showing the late night news that normally plays from 1 AM to 5 AM is playing country music instead.

Yeah.
No.394870
Anonymous
Replies:>>394871
>>394868
Fuck you. And fuck America.

That's the system.
That's America.

Not the disenfranchised.
But the people who wear a uniform with the flag.
No.394871
Nøpe
>>394870
All who live in it take the name. It is the whole. It's the grand and the meek. It is the good and the evil. For better and worse, everything in America is America. Being personally selective like that does absolutely nothing but hide the hurt. It's easy to blanket blame, but it isn't fair, it isn't right, and it isn't logical.

We can't act on pain and bitterness. Stand strong and move forward with reason and compassion. Because that's the only true way to end hate and oppression.

I'm sick to the stomach by what happened. I hate the fact that police have so much power and protection. I hate the fact that they can end lives with little to no consequence. I hate that they can call in a heavily armed force to silence protest under the guise of concern. I hate that S.W.A.T. teams exist.

But I can't let that hate command me. And I can't blame people who aren't involved.
No.394872
Anonymous
Replies:>>394874
Nøpe,

Nope. Fuck you and your pseudo deep shit.
No.394873
Anonymous
Replies:>>394875
These discussions are always silly because when someone says something like "Fuck America" they aren't literally talking about every single American.

They're saying fuck this place and the people who let it get this way. Don't get into this semantics stuff because it's silly. You know they aren't talking about every single American (and if you do, get your hyperbole sensors checked) and arguing this point is doing nothing to forward the discussion.

I am an American, born and raised. I take no offense to his "Fuck America" comments. And neither should you.
No.394874
Nøpe
>>394872
Well, let me understand your point of view.
What exactly are you upset with me about? What have I said that you disagree with and why?

I am willing to listen. And I'm willing to be wrong.
No.394875
Nøpe
Replies:>>394877
>>394873
>(and if you do, get your hyperbole sensors checked)
Yeah, well, maybe I should.

I still don't think it's the right thing to say. It just sounds so defeatist.
No.394876
Anonymous
Replies:>>394878
>>394868
#notallamericans
No.394877
Anonymous
>>394875
>It just sounds so defeatist.
That's because this IS a defeat.
No.394878
Nøpe
>>394876
Yeah, I never really got this #notallX shit.
I don't think it's right to generalize like that. Why use a term for an entire group if you're only really targeting a few?
No.394879
Anonymous
Replies:>>394880
>>394878
If it really were just a few, this literally would not happen, nøpe.
Come the fuck on.
No.394880
Nøpe
Replies:>>394885
>>394879
Relatively speaking, it is. And even if it isn't, it's still implies blame on people that had nothing to do with it. It's a term that encompass the entire country anon. When you say America, you mean America. Same with any group.
So, I'll ask again in clearer wording:

Why use a term for a whole if you're only really targeting a portion?

I find that it's the same sort of base ideology that breeds bigotry in the first place, and that's dangerous to get yourself caught up in that.
No.394881
Nøpe
Right. 3:00 AM was not a good time to have this discussion.
No.394882
Anonymous
Replies:>>394885
...Soooo what happened?
No.394885
Anonymous
>>394878
>>394880
Did I not just explain to you how these semantic arguments don't push forward the conversation? You're seriously going to sit here and keep on posting this BS after I explained that poster wasn't literally saying "Fuck all Americans"?

You aren't helping the discussion. No one here is saying "Fuck every last person in America." The person who said that probably IS American. I don't even know why you continued to go down this route when it was already explained to you in clear terms what he meant.

>>394882
Cops murdering folks again and getting away with it. You know, just another day in the USA.
No.394887
Anonymous
>>394878
>Yeah, I never really got this #notallX shit.
It means you are turning someone else's venting session into a discussion about your feelings. "Everything has to be about me and my feelings." When someone else is victimized and complaining about the bad things that a group is guilty of, and you as a member of that group feel the need to say "I don't think it's fair to blame all members of GROUP X," you are trying to make the conversation about you. And it is a really shitty thing to do.
No.394888
Anonymous
>>394885
And sorry if this sounds harsh, but there's a reason you're getting the response that you are. It's because there's an important issue to discuss here, and it's not "People are being unfair to America."

When you try to turn it around and police language (police may be a strong term here, but you understand what I'm saying) it acts as a derailment. Especially when it was explained to you why.
No.394890
Anonymous
>>394887
>you as a member of that group feel the need to say "I don't think it's fair to blame all members of GROUP X," you are trying to make the conversation about you

Remember, if GROUP X happens to have the moral high ground by default, then #notallX is a valid argument and not derailment. Disagreement with the former statement will result in bears.
No.394891
Anonymous
Replies:>>394925
I got out of the contract. I'm so glad.
No.394892
Anonymous
Replies:>>394925
>>394887
>It means you are turning someone else's venting session into a discussion about your feelings.
A statement which relies on the presumption that the conversation started as and is in an appropriate place for a venting session to begin with. Which in this case is sort of true, though SYM is everyone's venting session and thus already about anyone's feelings.
No.394894
Jumpman
Killer Mike fucking nailed it.

//youtube.com/watch?v=MQs7CWKHM9wyoutube thumb
No.394904
Nøpe
Replies:>>394917
>>394885
>>394885
>You're seriously going to sit here and keep on posting this BS after I explained that poster wasn't literally saying "Fuck all Americans"?
I get that dude. I get that he's probably American and I get that he's venting. But I am saying, what you mean and what you say don't match up when you start talking hyperbole like that. That is the point I am making. That's the point I've been trying to make sense I started. It's the only direction my discussion has been about.

This situation is fucking terrible, but I am so fucking tired of people using blanket statements like that and justifying it with "Oh I didn't mean it literally". It should not be that difficult to say what you mean. Do you not see that it doesn't help? Do you not see how it leads to the same issues of bigotry and ignorance that only lead to more hate?
This isn't about semantics, it's about base clarity and meaning what you actually say.

If you want, I'll just drop the subject here and now. I've ranted and you've probably heard enough of it.
No.394917
Anonymous
>>394904
OH MY FUCKING GOD
HE WASN'T BEING LITERAL YOU GOD DAMN ASPIE.
No.394918
Anonymous
Replies:>>394919
Jesus christ.

>am male for future reference
>outside walking down the road to class
>pass by Saudi student
>we have a lot of Saudi and Japanese foreign exchange students here
>stares at me as I walk by
>glance at him, give him a nod in a "sup?" sort of way
>glance after walking a bit more, he's still staring
>keep walking and almost clear building, glance again, still staring in an almost predatory way
>out of corner of my eye, see he's turning and walking in my direction
>he's following me, start powerwalking
>he continues to follow me and keep up through the parking lot
>confront him where there are people watching
>me: "hey, um, are you following me?"
>he barely speaks english
>him: "oh...no sir"
>me: "oh, it just seemed like you were"
>asks me for my number
>me: "excuse me?"
>him: "am I can be have of your phone number?"
>asks it softly, gives me a smile
>oh my god, he's fucking hitting on me
>me: "oh I don't give that information out, sorry man"
>him: "oh...ok"
>starts walking back to where he was going
>nope the fuck out of there

Now, I'm not entirely sure if he was actually hitting on me, since something like this has never happened to me before, but I can't think of any other explanation, since I'm a pretty feminine-looking dude save for facial hair. I think I know what tumblr girls mean now when they say things like "raping me with his eyes".
No.394919
Anonymous
>>394918
That dude is fucking creepy and thirsty.

>No, I am not following you.
>btw lemme get them digits boi ;)

>I think I know what tumblr girls mean now when they say things like "raping me with his eyes".

Sad thing is, women probably go through that shit a ton. I felt uncomfortable reading your story. Can only imagine how many more women have.
No.394920
Nøpe
Oop. Found a razor in my tire. I guess now is a good time as any to learn how to change it out.
No.394922
Anonymous
Thinking back, my 2014 has actually been pretty great. Like, there weren't any major events that made me happy, but thinking about things I've actually got my shit together now. I actually have a plan for my future now and so far it's been going really well, so that's nice. Got over the last bits of my depression throughout the year, and now I never really think about it anymore. Which feels crazy when I type it out, because it wasn't really THAT long ago when I thought such a thing would never be possible.

So yeah, 2014 has been really good for me.

Haven't updated my fanfiction in forever though so I feel bad about that. This is such a stupid fucking problem to have, but when something like this is the most of my worries, I guess that's a pretty good sign.
No.394924
slowmobile
I'm getting married in less than 48 hours.
No.394925
Anonymous
>>394891
Good for you! Do you mind explaining what it was?

>>'Fuck America' conversation
I don't see how America is responsible for a cop (but then again I don't know [nor care] much about what happened).

The cops over here are bro-tier. Two caught me and my friends ticket evading (the gates were open so we didn't bother tapping on) and just told us to go back instead of giving a $500 fine. Another bunch found me and a group with realistic but fake guns (for acting for his videos. note that they are completely illegal to possess, even in private) and didn't even make a big deal. They just got the director's name and checked all the guns to makes sure they were fake, and told us to call the cops before we filmed next time.

>>394892
Agreed. This thread isn't about Ferguson (make your own thread for that if you want), it's about speaking your mind.
No.394926
Anonymous
Replies:>>394928
>>394924
Thank god, maybe you'll finally stop coming here.
save file
image:141698089300.png(23kB , 116x137 , 346at95.jpg.png)
>>394925
Bet you're not black!
No.394928
slowmobile
>>394926
Don't forget, I'm here forever.
No.394929
Anonymous
Replies:>>394937
>>394925
>I don't see how America is responsible for a cop

Well first off, things like institutional racism have been allowed to prosper in this country.

Second off, and I can't believe this has to be said again, no one is referring to literally every American. I'm not even trying to be mean here, but are you people native English speakers? Because if you are, you're being kinda dense here and deflecting the issues people are talking about just to nitpick about someone's method of speaking.

If you think something is linguistically off about someone's statements, that doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand. Bringing it up when someone is trying to talk about the issue just makes you look silly.

Let's use this as an example to show you how silly you're being. You decide to go shopping on Black Friday. You encounter a number of pissy people, from customers to store employees. When you get back to your place, you say, "Damn, it's crazy out there. Everyone is so pissy today!" and your roommate responds, "Well, I'm sure EVERYONE wasn't being pissy."

You aren't forwarding the conversation. You're nitpicking when you knew exactly what was meant. You're trying to tell a story about many people on Black Friday are being unpleasant and your roommate decides to ignore that story for the sake of policing language, in spite of the fact that only a total fucking moron would assume you meant EVERY SINGLE PERSON outside that day.

>>394927
>Bet you're not black!

You'd likely win that bet.
>>394924
Congrats!
Hoping the best for you!
Btw, I've seen comrade's fb and she's been fine.
No.394931
Anonymous
Replies:>>394933
>>394930
>Btw, I've seen comrade's fb and she's been fine.

Now tell us where Moe is.

Then tell him to come back to us.
No.394932
Anonymous
Replies:>>394933
>>394930
>Btw, I've seen comrade's fb and she's been fine.
Isn't she, like, a super racist now?
>>394931
He's on the fb /co/ group (formerly administrated by Mr. B, who was kicked for it because he's Mr. B) and it's derivatives. I'll tell him your message as well.

>>394932
Huh? Not that I know.
No.394937
Anonymous
>>394927
I actually am black and living in Canada. It's stupid how everyone brings race into this. A black man shoots a black man? 'Shit happens'. A white man shoots a white man? 'Shit happens'. An Asian shoots an Arab? 'Who cares?'. A black man shoots a white man? 'Justice'. But when a white man shoots a black man, all hell breaks loose. It's not a racial issue; it's a police brutality issue.

I'm just pulling your leg. I'm a pasty-ass motherfucker who doesn't believe anything he just wrote.

>>394929
>no one is referring to literally every American
INCLUDING ME! I'm using it in the exact same way as the first poster was, I just think that instead of raging at the state of the country or a few people in the country, he should be blaming the cop who did it, not a group. It's like if a friend got beaten by a bully at school, and then I said "FUCK CANADA!".

I agree with your first point, though. Racism is still a big issue over there.
No.394939
TeethandHunger
//youtube.com/watch?v=5p56igk63esyoutube thumb

MST3K Turkey Day Marathon starts at noon. Before then enjoy Manos: The Hands of fate on loop.
No.394940
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>394939

FUCK YEAH.

Keep circulating the tapes…
No.394942
TeethandHunger
>>394939
it's on!
No.394946
Anonymous
>SJW friend I unfollowed on Facebook is now PMing me to join her in praying for the deaths of Darren Wilson and all the police in Ferguson (is that even halal?)
Sigh... I'm as disappointed with the verdict as anyone else but again I'm the type who doesn't see eye-for-eye vengeance or hatred as a solution. I'm half tempted to call her racist for assuming I'm Muslim just because I'm Indonesian, but I'm really not in the mood for another fight right now, especially not on Thanksgiving. And I feel like unfriending her will cause more trouble than it's worth. The best I can do right now is pretend I never saw it. Sage for everyone else sick of Ferguson BS.
No.394947
Anonymous
>there are people here who seriously think the verdict was wrong and that the cop killed an innocent man, despite all evidence toward the contrary

I've had it with this stupid fucking SJW-chan. I'm out.
No.394948
Anonymous
seriously what happened to having a separate politics thread, i just want to read about people's bowl movements without needing to filter though the /new/ information
No.394949
Anonymous
>>394948
bowel. I meant bowel. Same thing, really
No.394950
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
>>394947

>there are people who don't understand the difference between a verdict and an indictment
>fortunately, they're leaving
No.394951
Anonymous
Replies:>>394959
>>394948
I had some cereal today, if that helps.
No.394952
Anonymous
>>394947
And nothing of value was lost.

>>394948
This. We should make a SYM: Politics Edition that runs separately from here. Also, I took the weirdest shit just now.
No.394954
Anonymous
I like visiting my parents and all, but I just hate the traveling. It's always such a fucking hassle.
No.394956
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>394957
Can someone make it so JPEGs can be used to start a thread, or is that some sort of security feature or something?
No.394957
Anonymous
Replies:>>394958
>>394956
>or is that some sort of security feature or something?
It's exactly that. Either we spend the few extra seconds to convert the OP pic we want into .png or we get spammed by CP bots. I personally prefer the first option.
No.394958
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>394957

Hey, no problem at all, just wanted to be sure.
No.394959
Anonymous
Thanks, Stone.

>>394951
It does, thank you. Have you guys ever had the Malt-o-Meal cereals from Walmart? They're delicious, I actually prefer their cinnamon toaster things to actual Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
No.394967
slowmobile
>>394959
Malt o Meal Fruity Pebbles ruined Post Fruity Pebbles for me, they're so much better.
No.394968
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>Share office with outgoing female co-worker
>Other female co-worker comes in
>Both are fairly chill
>They start talking about NaNoWriMo
>Other co-worker says she still has 8 thousand words and world building to do
>I comment that she should just copy 50 Shades of Grey to get it over with
>Her and office-sharing co-worker start talking about the bad picture it paints of bondage
>Outgoing co-worker starts talking about an "anime erotica" she ones saw with fairies and squirrels, can't remember the title of it
>Have to bite my tongue from saying "Bondage Fairies"
Yeeeaaahhhh... even considering that they were the ones talking about it, and all I did was mention 50 Shades of Grey, I'm pretty sure that revealing such knowledge would have made things rather awkward...
No.394969
Anonymous
>>394959
I've recently started checking out some Chocolate Frosted Flakes with Marshmallows.
That shit is damn good.
Replies:>>394973
save file
image:141723013500.png(1.01MB , 1152x768 , 1403046628994.png)
Love is the best and the worst possible thing to ever happen to me
No.394972
Anonymous
Replies:>>394973
Do any of you guys know any good business simulation games?
I remember learning a lot from Lemonade Tycoon when I was in primary school so I could use a quick refresher!
No.394973
Anonymous
Replies:>>394976
>>394970
Consider yourself lucky. For a lot of people it's just the worst thing. Going full loner for the rest of my life is starting to look more and more like it should be Plan A rather than the back-up.

>>394972
Game Dev Tycoon is pretty highly rated but I've never tried it myself. You might want to look into it.
No.394976
Anonymous
>>394973
Loner is working pretty nicely for me.
Just remember to be respectful of other people and you're set!
Otherwise, you'd be a scumbag. Asshole + Loner isn't a combo you want to partake in.
No.394980
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>394982
For those what give a damn, TGFB is back (tgfb.us).
No.394981
Anonymous
My life 6 months ago and my life now are so radically different that it's bizarre. I don't think I've ever experienced so much change in so little time. All I can hope is that the next 6 months are peaceful.
No.394982
Anonymous
>>394980
Oh nice. You guys got some pretty ok porn there.
No.394983
Anonymous
Dear /baw/,

I hate myself.
And I'm okay with that.

I just wish other people hated me too.
No.394984
Anonymous
>>394983
Fuck you.

There, you're welcome. Bitch.
No.394986
F-ing
>>394983
Aheh. Boy, I have been there.
I think the best thing I can say is to Not act on those feelings - don't act on the urge to get people to hate you.
You'll wind up getting what you want, and not wanting it after a while.

Just hang in there. Thats not really you talking.
Replies:>>394989
save file
image:141741652800.jpg(38kB , 268x298 , 1408572320374.jpg)
>Watch transformers toy reviews on youtube
>See the" personalized reccomendations" at right
>"Anti-Feminist, Pro-Equality by The Amazing Atheist"

Seriously?
Fuck you youtube.
No.394989
Anonymous
>>394988
Hehe. That is amusing.
No.394990
Anonymous
Replies:>>394993
I will very occasionally have truly wonderful dreams. They'll have strange art styles and people who actually seem to care, and it's really the only time I feel comfortable in my own skin and now I'm crying a bit and angry and I don't know.
No.394993
Anonymous
>>394990
well... Hey. Tell me more about it, anon? How would you describe the art? Do you know any real world artist that works that way?

I used to be super into learning about dreams and all that dream science stuff as an early teenager. So dreams like that are fascinating to me! Most of my dreams were based around memories and places I've been to. I'd occasionally get something with an interesting premise and architecture.
But that's as far as I'd go with art in dreams!

Seems like an interesting subject!
No.394994
Anonymous
You know how fashion trends and stuff are said to always go in cycles? When do we get the powdered wigs back? That shit was hilarious.
No.394998
Nøpe
Looks like Hanukkah ends on Christmas eve this year. Neat.
save file
image:141750530500.jpg(62kB , 680x515 , Kornheiser_Why_Zordon.jpg)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tvtropes/the-tv-tropes-revitalization-project
Are you fucking kidding me?
That project and video are totally cringe inducing.
No.395004
Anonymous
>>395003
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tvtropes/the-tv-tropes-revitalization-project
The thing is, that "Thematic Relationships" thing is actually a good idea that I've been hoping someone would use TV Tropes as a springboard for for a long time. It could be the basis for the TV/Movie equivalent of the Music Genome Project that lead to Pandora.
No.395008
Mister Twister
>>395003
Didn't watch it and refuse to. The site is perfectly fine without some bullshit remodeling.
save file
image:141756616400.png(157kB , 433x649 , 1409696777139.png)
>>395003
Jesus tap-dancing christ. Look at all of that free money they are gonna be rolling in.
No.395010
Anonymous
Clearly TVtrope's formatting problems would be easily solved by transferring the site to gopher.
No.395030
Anonymous
you know what's super irritating

when someone tells you they're going to do something and then like an hour later changes their mind without telling you until you ask

and it happens constantly, over everything from whether they're going to visit their parent next weekend or if we're going to do something together later

CONSTANTLY

it's so fucking annoying and i've called you out and you still don't understand and it's fucking ridiculous
No.395032
Anonymous
WOW
FUCK AMERICA

FOR REAL THIS TIME
save file
image:141767213100.jpg(67kB , 600x600 , 1228791729136.jpg)
>>395032
What's the prob?
Replies:>>395040
save file
image:141767399100.jpg(8kB , 383x231 , steel chair effect.jpg)
>>395032
No.395040
Anonymous
>>395037

I'M MAD
No.395043
Anonymous
Replies:>>395053
It feels like nothing can hold my interest anymore. I'm not unhappy or anything, but I don't really feel invested in stuff. There's nothing I can be genuinely passionate about.

Meh.
No.395044
Anonymous
Replies:>>395053
people keep posting depression symptoms in this thread and im growing concerned
No.395053
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>395043
That's how I was a few months ago. If you can, I urge you to see a doctor. I'm on Venlafexin now and, while I'm not at my height, I'm enjoying things I was already doing a lot more.

It could also just be boredom. Try looking into other hobbies or entertainment you might not have considered before.

>>395044
Welcome to +4
No.395059
Anonymous
god DAMN my dad's a passive aggressive douchebag.
No.395068
Anonymous
Friendly reminder that I hate life and would not mind dying all of a sudden.
No.395069
Dr Goblin
Replies:>>395076
Oh my god, Plus4chan fits in my browser.

>>395068
Friendly reminder that I love life and would not mind dying all of a sudden.
No.395071
Anonymous
I need you all to be less wary of mole people invading your brain waves. Can you do that for me?
save file
image:141780911000.jpg(6kB , 167x163 , 1336705453866.jpg)
>>395069
>>395068
it keeps happening
No.395105
Anonymous
Replies:>>395106
I made the best lasagna I've ever eaten.
But I made way too much of it and now I don't know what to do with it. I'm not sure it'll keep for four days, because that's how long it'd take me to eat it all.
No.395106
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>395116
>>395105
Portion it out and wrap each portion fairly tight in plastic wrap. It will hold for those four days in a good fridge.
No.395107
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>395116
You could also freeze half the portions, but the frozen ones might be a bit soggy if they're not packaged well.
No.395109
Anonymous
So I think I'm going to ask her out this week.

I don't need advice precisely, but I'm so nervous. I've asked girls out before (and been rejected) so I know it's not the end of the world if she says "no." But she's become special to me over the time we've been friends. And there's been a lot on her mind lately, so I'm worried about throwing more on the pile....but she's started dating again. And if I wait until things are "perfect" before saying something, I'm going to be waiting forever.

Wish me luck.
No.395111
Anonymous
>>395109
Go get her tiger.
No.395112
Anonymous
Replies:>>395114
I don't understand the deal with women and being cryptic. Girl asks guy out and he refuses, he straight up tells her he's just not interested in her. Guy asks girl out and she refuses, she lies and tells him she'll be busy that night. God.
No.395114
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>395115
>>395112

Most men don’t have to worry about getting sexually assaulted by a woman if they blow her off.
No.395115
Anonymous
>>395114
Doubt a potential assailant would care much if a women is busy that night or not. Unless by assault you mean verbally pestering by a dumb guy who thinks they just need to be persistent.
No.395116
Anonymous
>>395106
>>395107
I solved the problem by just asking a friend with an appetite to eat the rest with me.
No.395120
Anonymous
Replies:>>395124
>>395115
I dunno, dude. Most guys get pretty aggressive if you don't want any interaction because of THEM.
You gotta be "oh, man this is a genuine dilemma! but I have a previous engagement, but don't worry - its not because of you!"
No.395122
Anonymous
Replies:>>395174
>>395115
>pestering by a dumb guy who thinks they just need to be persistent.

Pretty sure this is the main problem. I've known plenty of girls who have had to deal with annoying guys who wouldn't stop texting them. It wasn't full on stalking or anything, but still. So I don't blame girls for being evasive, but it does suck for those of us who actually know how to handle rejection. I'd rather be told no than be left hanging not sure if I have chance or not.
No.395124
Anonymous
Replies:>>395131
>>395120
>Most guys
What sample size are we talking here? Because I'm pretty sure that's actually not the case for "most guys".
No.395129
Anonymous
Replies:>>395133
I want to kill each and every person around me.

I mean, literally. I am not going to be happy until I have a knife and am stabbing the shit out of everyone who's done me wrong.
No.395131
Anonymous
>>395124
>What sample size are we talking here? Because I'm pretty sure that's actually not the case for "most guys".
Let me guess: YOU wouldn't do it.
No.395137
Anonymous
>>395109
So I told her how I felt. She took it well, but didn't give a hard "yes." So I'm taking it as a soft "no." But then again some of the things we talked about afterward made it almost feel like she was thinking about it. So I'm left a little confused about the whole thing.

But at least it didn't make things awkward between us. We're still friends, and nothing's really changed between us in how we act. That was my biggest worry about coming clean.
No.395144
ℳℴℯ KING Tripfag !REDREDLOGo
Replies:>>395146
save file
image:141803783800.jpg(29kB , 240x323 , 1369520423330.jpg)
What's everyone not doing with their lives?
No.395146
The Sneaky Tiki
>>395144
Trying to complete my Bachelor of Education.
No.395174
Anonymous
RE: Women lying when not wanting to date you.

It doesn't matter that YOU'RE not a rapist. The idea is that she has no idea if you are or not. Don't take it personally and keep it moving. It's not a personal attack on your character. She does it to help protect herself. And before you get defensive and say, "But I'm nice! Like actually nice!" consider how many rapists actually come off or try to come off as genuinely nice people.

I'm also a genuinely nice person who would not assault a woman. But I don't take the rejection personally because I know it's less about me and more about the possibilities of what could happen. And as it stands, some dudes tend to get super violent and aggressive when they're simply told no.

>>395122
>I'd rather be told no than be left hanging not sure if I have chance or not.

Same here. But that's for a perfect world, and we live far from it.
No.395177
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>395178
>>395174

>It doesn't matter that YOU'RE not a rapist. The idea is that she has no idea if you are or not.

Schrödinger’s Rapist.
No.395178
Anonymous
>>395177
That's actually a very good way to describe it.
No.395179
Anonymous
>>395174
I'm not blaming her for what she's doing, but it's annoying when I have no idea if I should continue pressing to see if she really is just busy, or drop it altogether. It seems like an obvious soft no to her, but it's not obvious at all.
No.395180
Anonymous
>>395179
Don't press, especially in situations where you've made it abundantly clear you want to date. The ball is in her court.
No.395181
Anonymous
>>395179
The whole idea is to keep you from further pressing the issue to begin with, so pressing the issue for a slightly different reason sounds like an undesired response.
No.395184
Anonymous
>>395179
Once is a bummer, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern. If you've been rejected three times, even if it's only a "I'm busy then" rejection, take it as a full rejection. At that point if she were really interested she would offer an alternative suggestion.
save file
image:141812639300.png(779kB , 847x360 , tumblr_nf7f6t7kqG1tc3wpso5_1280.png)
WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT 1973'S BLOOD AND FURY?

FUCKING AWESOME ASS GAMBLING PICKPOCKET LADY GOES ON A RADICALLY CHOREOGRAPHED MULTI-MAN MURDER SPREE
No.395197
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
//youtube.com/watch?v=llmgFZz3Iioyoutube thumb
This is what happens when you let the internet loose in real life.
No.395205
Anonymous
I'm so disappointed in myself
No.395207
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>395197

Y’know, I know the concept of furries and what they’re into and all is amusing on some level, but nineteen people were hospitalized due to an intentional chemical attack and alls they can do is laugh at the hobby those people share?

Fuck them. Fuck them all.
No.395208
Anonymous
>>395207
To be fair, the guy on the right didn't seem to be a total prick and tried to actually cover the story. This is the price of the news media presenting this shit as entertainment.
No.395209
Jumpman
Replies:>>395221
>>395207
Yeah. People being seriously injured is tragic, no matter their fetishes.
No.395210
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
I think the shot of her running away could be used in the same way of the "Survivor" gif that labels the three people "Normal", "Internet", "4chan". Gal is "Normal", dude trying to play it straight is "Internet", and dude laughing is "4chan"
No.395211
TeethandHunger
Welp, I drank half a 1.75L bottle of vodka (not in one sitting).
I really wanted to make peppered Vodka and Tomato vodka (with real tomatoes).
Now I'm gonna have to buy a new bottle.
No.395213
Rametarin
Replies:>>395216
"Why does she keep being evasive rather than just tell me no?"
They want you to choose, voluntarily, to retract your offer without them having to tell you no or make excuses, at all. Why? What on earth do they hope to gain from this pointless gesture? I can hear you ask. It makes no sense. A simple no would be direct, absolute and would send you on your merry way. No fuss, no ambiguity, no uncertainty.

Because they simply do not want to be remembered as someone that told you no.
No.395216
Anonymous
Replies:>>395222
>>395213
>Why? What on earth do they hope to gain from this pointless gesture?

It's not pointless. Read my response somewhere above. Some men don't react well to rejection, with it sometimes getting violent. They have no idea if you are one of the violent ones or not.

Just take it as a lesson and learn to see the cues in the future. It's frustrating initially, but it's not a huge deal at all and totally understandable.
No.395217
Anonymous
>>395197
Wh why did she run away.
Did they tell her about the orgy thing?
Did they straight up drop the CSI on her?
No.395221
Anonymous
>>395209
I don't know your opinion, but I'm sure pedophiles wouldn't get much sympathy from the public.
>inb4 'molester vs pedophile'
No.395222
Rametarin
>>395216
That question was hypothetical. I stated the answer in my post.
No.395224
Anonymous
>>395221
Difference being one of those fetishes is harmful.
No.395225
Anonymous
A friend of mine is a scriptwriter. We used to go out frequently with our other friends and talk about writing conventions and movie ideas and movies/tv shows we saw.
Now one of them's becoming pretty famous, since they (deservedly) finally got a thing greenlit after working hard for a pretty long time.
But they're networking now and maybe its because I'm an insecure baby but I feel like if I don't do something I'll be forgotten and replaced by their new friends and
No.395226
Anonymous
Replies:>>395230
>>395221
Adding to the conversation there, Mr. I-can-think-of-exceptions-to-things.
No.395229
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
I cannot express in words how good it feels to take a giant poop. Even if the act itself is quite painful, it's like my entire body releases all pressure at once after it's over. I feel a million times lighter, more awake, more flexible, everything just seems better. It's my anti-krytptonite, my Senzu bean, my Scooby Snack.

I just wish I knew how to make it happen more often/on command, cause the time leading up to that event can get really shitty.
No.395232
Anonymous
Replies:>>395233
>>395230
Yes, and?
No.395233
Anonymous
>>395232
I don't know. You tell me.

Speak your mind, chump.
No.395236
Anonymous
Replies:>>395238
I just sent my client my first paid comissioned art. My heart is fucking racing. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this.
No.395238
Anonymous
Replies:>>395249
>>395236
Good going! Mind if I give it a look?
save file
image:141846262900.png(688kB , 632x5904 , txVorJn.png)
This shit is why people hate the Tumblr userbase.

Tumblr itself is a good service, but the userbase...Jesus Christ.
Replies:>>395253
save file
image:141846480500.png(45kB , 600x380 , logo klein.png)
>>395238
It's just a shitty little vector graphic I did for a local plumbing company. It's not even in my style. Suffering major impostor syndrom right now. Can't believe I got money for a quick little sketch I did in a day and feel they're gonna call any time and demand a refund. I've hardly slept last night. I need to get used to this shit, if I really want to make this a job.
No.395250
Anonymous
>>395248
Yet more proof that Tumblr and 4chan's userbases are goddamned identical in every meaningful way.
No.395251
Anonymous
>>395248
I've never exactly liked her stuff but those fuckin "special little snowflakes" really crossed a god damn line there.
No.395253
Anonymous
Replies:>>395254
>>395249
And this is the logo?
Interesting.
No.395254
Anonymous
Replies:>>395255
>>395253
Well, he just wanted the picture. Apparently he had the logotype that goes underneath it already planned.
No.395255
Anonymous
Replies:>>395256
>>395254
That's not exactly the sign of a well-planned image strategy...
IN WHICH CASE, YOU'LL BE FINE.

Was this a local deal? How much are you getting from this, if you don't mind the question?

I've personally had a few short stints in graphic design and corporate image work. I'm still dabbling here and there. But I can never really talk about this sorta thing with too many people.
No.395256
Anonymous
Replies:>>395257
>>395255
Well, yeah. It's just a small local company. I got €40, which I realize is kind of a shitty deal, but I was just excited that anyone would want to pay me for drawing stuff.
No.395257
Anonymous
>>395256
Its not that bad for local. Especially considering you're a beginner from what you've said.
There's still brilliant GDs out there who don't get paid for their work.

Hell, did you know the Nike Swoosh was bought out from a graphic design student for $5 US dollars?

Just chillax. You'll grow into the job.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or for advice, either!
No.395258
Anonymous
Replies:>>395261
>>395248
Felt like I was reading a /b/ thread, holy shit.

This mentality is terrible. Someone said something you didn't like? Better attack them and ruin their life! And I'm sure they'd look down on 4chan doing the same thing
No.395261
Nøpe
>>395258
I've been reading that people believe pleb-comics attacked herself.

Which seems to be the go-to response for "our side could not possibly do it".
Though, as always, I'll only blame the people directly involved in this bullshit.
No.395262
Anonymous
Replies:>>395263
>>395248
Freehaven confirmed for GROSS MISOGYNERD PISSBABY®
No.395263
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>395262

If I weren’t bisexual, I’d be a cis-hetero shitlord.
No.395264
Anonymous
Replies:>>395265
>>395248
>Tumblr itself is a good service
Really? I'd think by now people should be expecting a service that allows multi-tag searches, OpenID based verification, and Advogato-inspired trust metrics while separating comments from reblogs and providing RSS feeds.
No.395265
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>395264

I said ‘good’ service, not ‘perfect’ service.
No.395268
Anonymous
>>395248
I think it's unfair for people to claim she did it to herself because it's fucking stupid and no different from the tinhats who accused ZQ and Sarkeesian of doxxing themselves or being professional victims, but honestly, Plebcomics is a malicious asshole who goes out of her way to provoke people so I don't really pity her either. She tried to retweet Sarkeesian child porn in the hopes of getting her arrested by the FBI (a retarded plan that didn't work), and even though I heavily dislike Sarkeesian for being a poor spokesperson for feminism in gaming, that's fucking low. I hate SJWs/SRWs too for their holier-than-thou attitudes and intolerance for moderatism or pacifism but her comics abuse the strawman fallacy so hard that everything she posts makes me cringe.

And before people jump on me about it, by SJWs/SRWs I don't mean just anybody who's complaining about racism but specifically the kinds of people who are convinced Athena and Cleopatra were blacks whitewashed by the ancient Greeks, reblog long-disbunked "racist" hoaxes and conspiracy theories without factchecking, and post about how genociding all white Americans and cop assassination are appropriate forms of self-defense after Ferguson, and that any black person who disagrees is a race traitor, and so on.
No.395269
Anonymous
>>395268
By the way this doesn't mean I approve of the people doxxing her at all. That's excessively cruel and proof that simply ignoring SJW/SRW culture and letting it fester doesn't do any good. I'm just saying that she, as an individual, overstepped the bounds of what's "victim blaming" far enough that I can't be arsed to feel bad for her either beyond "sorry you got doxxed".
No.395270
Anonymous
>>395268
>reblog long-disbunked "racist" hoaxes and conspiracy theories without factchecking

This is what truly pisses me off about SJWs. Their inability to listen to other sides of the story, read documented facts, and operate based on nothing but their own biased hurt feelings. Complete disregard for logic and reasoning. Strawmanning everything, and thinking completely in black/white terms. They combine the absolute worst aspects of religion, including the inability to get in trouble for it.
No.395271
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>395268

SJWs are an annoyance, but so long as they’re not actively advocating for violence/revenge in one form or another, I say let them show their stupidity as much as possible. (‘Better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you a fool’ and all that.) SRWs are a whole other breed: they want vengeance, and they’ll look for it in any form possible/necessary. These are the people who think they’re right because they can make you regret saying they’re wrong. You disagree with them or mock them even a little, and they start looking to dox you and hack your blog/Twitter/whatever and doing whatever it takes to ruin your life.

I don’t generally have much issue with SJWs so long as they’re not being malicious—but I have a massive problem with SRWs, and they can all kindly go fuck themselves with an inanimate carbon rod.
No.395272
Anonymous
>>395268
>are appropriate forms of self-defense after Ferguson

What do you propose as an alternative? I'm not saying that this is the answer, but what do you even do when police are America's biggest gang that get away with literal murder? Answer in the politics thread if you like, but I'm cynical after heavily armed police started attacking protestors (real protestors, not looters). How do you even respond to someone who responds to peaceful protest with violence?
No.395275
Anonymous
I'm a little reluctant to trust anyone who uses the term SJW unironically these days.

That being said, I'll take them (the SJW) any day over their counterparts who just want to spew hatred because they're scared of the bubble around them bursting. At least you could argue that SJW were, to some extent, trying to do good, even if they went about it the wrong way. That's always going to be worth more points than someone who's knowingly acting like a fucking cunt.
No.395276
Anonymous
>>395275
The problem is what constitutes "acting like a fucking cunt".

To SJWs, making a racist joke around my black friend, despite him being ok with it and we both finding it funny, I'm a bad person for telling it in the first place and I clearly am racist and support racial stereotypes.
No.395277
Anonymous
Replies:>>395279
>>395276
And to 'anti-SJW' you're a race traitor for having a black friend in the first place.
No.395279
Anonymous
Replies:>>395280
>>395277
That's...what?
No.395280
Anonymous
Replies:>>395282
>>395276
>and I clearly am racist and support racial stereotypes.

Depends on what the joke was. Because I'm black and I consider certain black people who put up with certain black jokes to be, if I may be blunt, fuckboys. Him being okay with it doesn't necessarily make it cool in my eyes. You can say practically anything and try to pass it off as "Well, it's just jokes."

Keep in mind here that I'm not necessarily judging you or him, as I don't have the entire context. But I don't find the logic of "Well this one X person is okay with it." to hold up as a defense. I mean, you two can keep on doing what you want to do and I'm not here to stop you. But something about the way you explained it just doesn't sit with me.

And in regards to acting like a fucking cunt, you know exactly what I'm talking about. As someone who just told me he jokes around with his black friend, can you really not understand context, and the difference between someone making a joke with friends and someone legitimately trying to be hurtful? Not to excuse your jokes, but let me put it this way: Whatever you said to him, you certainly wouldn't say it to me or some other random black person you saw walking down the street.

>>395279
He's saying that hardcore anti-SJW, whatever term we're using to refer to them these days, would be disgusted with you for having a black friend. They'd claim that you were only doing so to be progressive or some other bullshit.
No.395282
Anonymous
>>395280
>You can say practically anything and try to pass it off as "Well, it's just jokes."

But it IS just jokes. Different people find different things funny or offensive, those two things are subjectory. You're telling me you've never told or laughed at a similar "offensive" joke in your entire life? Are Dave Chappelle and Katt Williams, two of the most famous black comedians ever who make shitloads of racial jokes with shitloads of black people in the audience laughing their asses off, race traitors? Or is it somehow different in that context? If so, I'd love to hear how.

>But I don't find the logic of "Well this one X person is okay with it."

What about the logic of "Well this one X person is okay with it, and he's one of MILLIONS that would be"?

>Whatever you said to him, you certainly wouldn't say it to me or some other random black person you saw walking down the street.

Fucking duh. What's your point? As said, humor is subjectory. And yes, of course hurtful comments and jokes are different in context. My argument is that SJWs don't understand this context, and treat both as one in the same. Based on that logic, making a joke about, idk, Billy Mays selling stuff in heaven, "isn't cool" because it would hurt one of his surviving family members if I told it to them.

>He's saying that hardcore anti-SJW, whatever term we're using to refer to them these days, would be disgusted with you for having a black friend. They'd claim that you were only doing so to be progressive or some other bullshit.

That's...absurd. I've never once seen an anti-SJW (As in, someone against SJWs) who was racist/sexist to the point of acting like a random guy in the U.S. in 1861. Nobody would ever listen to or pay attention to them, if they do exist, whereas plenty of people sympathize with and praise most batshit insane SJWs, who are "progressive" to the point where I can't imagine anything but a dystopian future with their mindset.
No.395283
Anonymous
>>395275
Except that sometimes they're eager to go on ideological witchhunts of their own people and cow them into line for not following extreme dogma. When I criticized people for trying to paint Imperial Japan as innocent victims of the Allies' white imperialism and whitewashing all their numerous war crimes I got called a white apologist, and then when I brought up the fact that the point is that white people have fuck all to do any of it and I'm angry because my own grandmother and her baby sister barely escaped while the Japanese were off massacring, raping, and pillaging her village and many others, I get told to shut up because I'm threatening the cause or that I'm betraying my heritage because us POCs' solidarity against the white man is more important than my own personal issues or some bullshit.

Fuck these people. I dare them to say that to the face of an actual Asian person who lives outside their shitty Eurocentric bubble. You don't get to complain about white people's oppression of POCs and historical revisionism while trying to enforce the same exact bullshit on the very people you claim to identify with and fight for when they follow through on the cause you espouse. These people may not necessarily engage in active hate on against "privileged" groups on the level of social revenge assholes, but they certainly are trying to do just as much social damage anyway by actively whitewashing the sins of an oppressive empire in the name of "social progress" and clamping down on anybody who dares inconvenience their narrative with the truth.

I'm fortunate that the issue of Imperial Japanese war crimes is largely a nontroversy in most parts of the world but it reminds me of how back in the Cold War days Communist parties in the West did the same to their own members for daring to speak out about the Ukrainian genocide or Stalin's purges. White supremacists are some of the lowest shit, but they personally don't bother me as much because at least they don't try to pretend to be my friend and ingratiate themselves with me only so they can backstab me when they realize I'm not content with being a patsy they can feel good about themselves over.
No.395284
Anonymous
Replies:>>395287
>>395282
Nah, The Red Pill and A Voice for Men sometimes like to pull the "anti-SJW" card when people call them out on their misogyny. Though I agree that just because extreme social justice crusaders are unpopular with hardcore racists and sexists doesn't make them in the right anymore than hating openly fascist organizations means you're a good person either. Plenty of people all over the political spectrum do, including lots of anti-SJWs, who run the gamut from actual rightists to leftists who agree with the broad ideas of what SJWs say but just not in how they deliver the message.
No.395285
Anonymous
Replies:>>395286
>>395282
>What about the logic of "Well this one X person is okay with it, and he's one of MILLIONS that would be"?

So how are you going to ascertain these numbers exactly?

>Fucking duh. What's your point?

Speaking of people not getting context.

That wasn't a dig at you and your friend. I was explaining the difference between people who are joking and people who are trying to be hurtful.

Now I don't know what you two joke about and I don't care, but take this as an example: You call him a nigger and the both of you laugh about it. But you personally would not walk up to a random black person and call him a nigger. A person who wants to be hurtful WOULD. That's my point, and the reason I even used you in the example is because if you know you wouldn't say that shit to a person you didn't know, then you have at least enough empathy for another person not to do that shit. People who want to be hurtful lack this, whereas you apparently have it.

>I've never once seen an anti-SJW (As in, someone against SJWs) who was racist/sexist to the point of acting like a random guy in the U.S. in 1861

This is either a lie or coming from someone who literally does not browse 4chan nowadays.
No.395286
Anonymous
>>395285
>So how are you going to ascertain these numbers exactly?

The same way you get your numbers of black people who WOULD be offended. By knowing that humor is subjective and there's equal amounts of black people who have open enough minds to laugh at it, and those who find it personally offensive. Because everyone is different.

>People who want to be hurtful lack this, whereas you apparently have it.

But those people are going to be that way because they're just shitty people to begin with. They're not normal people who have normal social lives and black friends who randomly say "nigger" to someone they don't know because they assume it's ok and don't see what the problem is. The latter you can change, the former you cannot, no matter how much you complain on tumblr.

>This is either a lie or coming from someone who literally does not browse 4chan nowadays.

4chan. A community that is only respected by itself and has no noticeable effect on the world at large because nobody takes them seriously, 90% of whom being too chickenshit to actually spout their opinions in real life, because they know they're controversial and just plain wrong. That's your example?
No.395287
Anonymous
Replies:>>395289
>>395284
Just so you know, I wasn't referring to anyone being "right"

Both sides can be wrong and I can still prefer one to the other. It's really a choice of if you like diarrhea or vomiting better.

I can agree that people can get overzealous and misguided in their slacktivism. But my point is that some of these people, fools as they may be, are actually attempting to do something right. It's not like the movements that cropped up to them that opposed them just for trying to upset the status quo.

Think of it as feminism vs. MRAs. The former sprung up to address something that needed to be addressed, whereas the latter sprung up only to oppose the former. A person from the first group can get to be retarded, but it wasn't necessarily retardation born out of malice, as you would get from the second.

I didn't really want to use feminism as an example here because I don't wish to demean what they (and me, as I identify as a feminist) stand for by comparing them to internet slacktivists.
No.395288
Anonymous
Outside of /pol/ and /v/ 4Chan mostly likes to be offensive for contrarian reasons. In another decade they would flooded with pro-homosexuality posts just because it's what's the edgiest.
No.395289
Anonymous
>>395287
The fact that you think anyone against feminism is an MRA is the reason people hate feminism. That black and white mentality.

I don't even believe in the word feminist. The definition is: the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. Which is a very basic human ideal at this point. If I walked out onto the street right now and asked 100 random men "Do you believe women have a place in politics, should be paid equally and treated as equals?" I don't think I'd find many, if at all, who would honestly say "no". No, at this point, feminism has dissolved into meaning "I don't like being cat-called" or "I don't like how fat isn't attractive". Petty shit.

I've heard people defend feminism because it fights for rights for both genders. Well ok, if that's true, why the fuck are you calling it feminism? A word coming from "female"? Implying that the female point of view is the "right" one?
No.395292
Anonymous
Replies:>>395295
>>395289
>Well ok, if that's true, why the fuck are you calling it feminism?
Because women are still getting the short end of the stick on a fuckload of things.

You're getting too hung up on etymology and not focusing on the actual issues. It's bad form and deflection on your part.
No.395293
Anonymous
>>395289
>The fact that you think anyone against feminism is an MRA is the reason people hate feminism.

Also I never ever said this, nor did I imply it. Don't start putting words in my mouth to suit your weak arguments.
No.395295
Anonymous
>>395292
The etymology IS an actual issue, and a huge reason why the term incites hatred. Because it still implies a feminine point of view, which is not something men are going to pay attention to without being skeptical at first, because what IMMEDIATELY springs to mind in the human brain is "You should be feminine". If the primary focus is equal rights for both genders, regardless of women getting the short end of the stick, it should have a term that openly invites both genders. This is based purely on logic and science.
No.395297
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>395295

>You should be feiminine

If anything, feminism says "you should have the right to be feminine if you so choose". Also we should really move this to the politics thread.
No.395312
Anonymous
>>395295
>The etymology IS an actual issue, and a huge reason why the term incites hatred.

Etymology is never an actual issue except to people who want to distract from the actual issues. No argument has ever benefited from people breaking out dictionary definitions.
No.395313
Anonymous
Etymology has created controversy before, believe it or not. "Obamacare"
save file
image:141854737500.gif(2.88MB , 225x190 , gtfo.gif)
>take qt girl to event
>afterward realise girl isn't interested in me, now trying to get over her (slowly making progress)
>family and friends keep showing me images of her from Facebook and saying how cute we are together and how good she looks
*sigh*
No.395317
Nøpe
Replies:>>395320
I don't want to play, I don't want to work, I don't even feel like talking to people.
Why is it that I'm like this on my time off? It's so frustrating.
No.395320
Anonymous
>>395317
Wanting to relax and do or not do things on your own terms is a completely natural reaction to having time off.
No.395336
Anonymous
Replies:>>395339
All I want is a part-time job that pays like my full-time job. Is that really so much to ask?
No.395339
Anonymous
>>395336
You'd think with how there's not enough work to go around, that would be the trend we're heading towards, but instead fewer and fewer people are expected to work more and more hours for less and less pay.
No.395340
Anonymous
>>395339
Nah. Less work means less demand for workers, bringing less of a pressing need to attract them.
No.395345
Anonymous
>Facebook friends with a guy I knew in HS, is Bible-thumpy now after spending time as a drug addict
>lives in a not-so-good neighborhood
>has had packages stolen from door
>makes a FB post that he's thought of buying a gun, setting a trap, and shooting the guy "not to kill"
>only concern is if there is a Christian dilemma to shoot at all
So much is wrong with this that I just tried suggesting non-bullet-employing alternatives.
No.395354
Anonymous
Replies:>>395395
>>395339
The problem is the customer base. The world generally has less demand for product, so companies cant justify hiring people to build things that will never get bought.

Same when it comes to the recent oil crisis, the demand for oil in China and Japan dropped, so the price of oil is falling.

The supply of everything, including the supply of WORKERS, outstripped demand.

Also for some reason no one is talking about the fact that we might be headed into another recession.
No.395364
TeethandHunger
Ok, holidays are almost here and no eggnog in sight. TIME TO CHANGE THAT

Eggnog video:(2 min verson because Food Network has cracked down on Alton's videos on youtube)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/eggnog-0153114.html
Eggnog writen recipes:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/eggnog-recipe2.html

No fucking canned Wassail here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/altons-wassail-recipe-0174214.html

Want some Punch instead? Happy to give it to ya:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/altons-hot-toddy-recipe-0174966.html

Because fire is cool!:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/iron-chef-alton-on-bourbon-0144898.html

Enjoy!
No.395366
Anonymous
shit
No.395372
slowmobile
Replies:>>395374
Living on a Navy Base is so cheap, I just got like 8 pound of meat for $18, Jesus.
No.395374
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>395372
I remember the talks of rushes to the Commissary on pay day, buying up all the meat they had available. Only once did I actually go there on said day, and it was indeed crazy and 95% of the meat was indeed gone.

Since I was a broke E-4 and was forced to have a meal plan anyway I didn't buy much myself.
save file
image:141880023300.png(34kB , 172x166 , 1341548702440.png)
I find it kind of unnerving whenever a militantly anti-feminism or such blog follows me or reblogs my art.
...Puts me on my toes...
No.395391
TeethandHunger
They should remake the movie Nightbreed.
They should do it right now.
No.395394
Anonymous
I should probably post this on MTV, but I feel like you guys need to see this too.

//youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8youtube thumb
No.395395
Anonymous
Replies:>>395456
>>395354
Krugman talks about it all the time. It's why he always urges the government to start spending so as to inject money into the economy and get people buying things more.
Replies:>>395400
save file
image:141885973100.jpg(7kB , 256x192 , pluto.jpg)
>alone at home
>boyfriend drove up to his parents house since he's on break
>just want to go see him

I know it's silly but I I've never lived alone so being home alone (and sleeping in a house alone) feels so weird.

Also I just want to cuddle, seriously we do it every night while we watch Netflix and I think I might be addicted. Cuddling is the shit.
No.395400
Anonymous
Replies:>>395402
>>395396
>people of a *chan talk about boyfriend
>always try to guess whether they're a homosexual male or straight female
Replies:>>395405
save file
image:141886640600.jpg(51kB , 450x600 , iguana no musume planet toys.jpg)
>>395400
It's interesting to think about the reverse because I almost never assume someone talking about a girlfriend is a homosexual female browsing an imageboard, although it's possible.

In this case I'm a woman but I know /baw/ has a few gay men posting, too
No.395404
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Aw yes, my Staycation starts now. I don't have to do anything work-related until the holiday party on the 28th. Noice.
Replies:>>395406
save file
image:141887208500.png(45kB , 1095x797 , 1282195292706.png)
I've come to the conclusion that I romanticize smoking and drinking. I don't do either, and I know both are bad habits for your health, but I have a weird seance of respect for people that look cool while doing either. But if you look like a fool, well, that's another thing entirely.

>>395402
I'm just like you. When someone is taking about 'thier bf' I assume they are a girl until proven otherwise. But that might just be my heteronormaltive tenancies. And yes, cuddling is the shit.
No.395406
Anonymous
>>395405
>But that might just be my heteronormaltive tenancies.
Eh. Homosexuals make up about 5-10% of the population or something. Assuming that most people who have boyfriends are going to be women is not exactly prejudice. Admittedly on plus4chan the numbers are tilted a bit, but getting a good census of demographics on an anonymous image board is obviously problematic. I wouldn't be surprised if it's as high as 30% of the population on plus4chan is non-heterosexual, but even then I don't think it's problematic to assume that unless they state otherwise, a person talking about their boyfriend is female. It's just not surprising if they end up correcting you afterward.
No.395409
Anonymous
On regular 4chan if someone mentions having a boyfriend I'll assume they're gay, but just about anywhere else I'll assume the person talking is a woman.

Cuddling sounds nice.
No.395411
Anonymous
Replies:>>395412
>>395406
But why assume the gender in the first place. That's just you filling in spaces based on preconceptions.

I mean really, someone says that they have a boyfriend and the only solid piece of information you can get from that is that their SO is male.
No.395412
Anonymous
>>395411
Because sometimes you have to use pronouns to refer to people, and "it" is dehumanizing. Better to be wrong and be corrected than to pussyfoot around obviously awkward grammatical construction--that sort of thing sends a message of "otherness" to the person you're referring to that just isn't hospitable, to my mind.
No.395414
Anonymous
Replies:>>395415
>>395412
"They" is a pretty popular gender-neutral pronoun. Anon used it just now, in fact.
No.395415
Anonymous
>>395414
>
>Anonymous
>>395412
>"They" is a pretty popular gender-neutral pronoun. Anon used it just now, in fact.
>
Sometimes "They" works, sometimes it doesn't. When you're being gender neutral because you're talking about a hypothetical situation, for example, or talking about someone who's not in the room that you haven't met, it's perfectly fine because there's no connection between you and the other person in those scenarios. But if it becomes obvious that you're saying "they" to avoid making a guess about the gender of someone you're talking to, it becomes awkward and creates that "otherness" feeling in my mind. It'd be different if it were someone you knew to be gender-neutral, sure, but when someone becomes aware that you're intentionally avoiding the subject of their gender toward someone who *isn't* gender neutral it can come off as slightly inherently distancing.
No.395416
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>395421
I know this is more appropriate for a different board here and all, but holy shit Korrasami is canon and that’s fucking amazing.
No.395417
Anonymous
http://generalivan.tumblr.com/post/105562712390/if-anyones-interested-in-what-my-condition-is
Welp.
No.395421
Anonymous
>>395416
Haha nice try you can't troll me that eas-
>it's real

Time to get caught up on Korra.
save file
image:141898007300.gif(420kB , 225x236 , 2d73ab654fa936f51700496d20ed47a7.gif)
>Guy comes up and says he's got paying work, and I do some graphic design for him.
>Cool right? Except at the part where the client's like "okay, here's the pay"
>he goes "hah this is great! you're definitely getting paid when this design gets sold!" and I'm like
>...
>
>...
>he says like "hey, mind doing ME a logo to? start doing some concepts and we'll take it from there."
>draw up some fuckin good sketches
>send them to him
>saying "so, okay then! here's my rates for corporate and personal image work! Are you gonna pay in full or half in advance?"
>replies saying "yknow what, how about we leave it at just the first logo. We'll work on mine later."
>think at least we were civil about it
>few minutes pass
>he sends a message, basically saying "fuck you, I didn't want to pay you, ass."
No.395423
Anonymous
>>395422
>tell him you feel bad and that you designed him a logo
>send him a big, furry dick
No.395424
Anonymous
Replies:>>395426
You know you've given up on life when your roommates are all out of the house and the only thing you can think off is how you're finally gonna get some fucking laundry done.
No.395426
TeethandHunger
>>395424
No, you haven't given up on life. You've stopped being a dirty child slob. Doing laundry means you're a fucking adult doing adult things. Make that washing machine your bitch and tell it to wash it right or it gets the back of your hand.

OH! Wear a pimp hat. It makes youir clothes cleaner when you wear a pimp hat.
Replies:>>395452
save file
image:141903616600.png(271kB , 384x733 , 1335770359463.png)
>>395422
>guy emails me the next day asking if I have a fax machine so I can get a contract signing me as an associate designer.
No.395444
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>395449
Question for the ladies: Men sometimes hear the line "Don't stick your dick in crazy". Is there a female counterpart? "Don't let crazy stick its dick in you" or something?
No.395449
Anonymous
>>395444
"Don't fill your hole with crazy?"
No.395452
Anonymous
Replies:>>395457
>>395434
So you just have to find this machine and you got a job, not a bad deal.

Google what fax machines are and maybe go from there?
No.395455
Anonymous
>>395406
>Homosexuals make up about 5-10% of the population or something.
Homosexuals are 1.6% for men and 0.8% for women. Or one person in a room full of 100 people might be gay or lesbian.

Transsexuals are 0.003% for men and 0.001% for women. Or one person in a football stadium of 65000 people.

At that point it's just a personal preference what they want to be called as, and it really shouldn't make YOU feel uncomfortable. It shouldn't make them feel uncomfortable either, but I'd understand it easier if they were.
No.395456
Anonymous
>>395395
>urges the government to start spending so as to inject money into the economy and get people buying things more
"Doctor! The patient is losing blood!"
"Quick nurse, draw blood from his leg and transfuse it to his arm!"
No.395457
Anonymous
>>395452
that was literally somebody who said they didn't want to pay me.
no thank you.

I'm not starved for work.
No.395458
Anonymous
Replies:>>395481
>>395456
Its actually
"OH MY GOD, ALL THE BLOOD WENT TO HIS PINKY FINGER. LITERALLY ALL HIS BLOOD!"
"Quick, Nurse, transfuse that blood to his heart so it can go everywhere else!"

Not that it always, works. Usually, the heart keeps it to itself or send its right back to the pinky.
No.395459
Anonymous
>>395456
>compares macroeconomics to biology
>still expects opinion to be taken seriously
Sigh.
No.395461
Anonymous
>>395456
When no one spends money, a recession is the result. But when the economy is bad, people want to horde their money against a rainy day. Government spending is important because it means that no individual is taking the risk inherent in being the one to spend during a recession, and instead we distribute that risk across the entire country.

It works the same way that laying on a bed of nails distributes your weight over all the nails evenly so that none of them can pierce your flesh. Lack of government spending during a recession guarantees that recession will last longer and be more painful for everyone--because individuals aren't going to spend that money themselves.
Replies:>>395467
save file
image:141914941400.jpg(42kB , 773x65 , 54.jpg)
Well, ain't that the fucking truth, conceptart.org.
No.395465
Anonymous
Just came back from paintball. My skin looks like a badly-made cheetah OC, except skin-coloured.
No.395467
Anonymous
>>395462
PFFFFFHAH
That's depressing.

No work better than the one you make for yourself, I guess.
No.395471
Anonymous
>wikipedia's donations heading is actually more invasive and annoying than advertisements
Why don't they just sell ad space and shut the fuck up already? NOT EVEN A TENTH OF YOUR TRAFFIC WILL GIVE YOU $3, YOU DELUSIONAL IDIOTS.
No.395472
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>395471
Especially while they still have editing wars.
No.395477
Anonymous
>job wanted: position that my friend would be perfect for
>introduce him
>he's hired, praised by both friend and boss for finding him
>am fired a few months later
>friend is still at job
>has since been promoted
>am currently broke
>literally want to kill my friend now
No.395478
Anonymous
Replies:>>395482
>>395471
The problem with advertisements on a site like Wikipedia is the same that comes from the corporatization of the TV news, or of politicians getting campaign "donations" from lobbyists . When you rely on sponsors to keep your business afloat, you have to appease those sponsors, and that means if they don't like information the information you're publishing, you are going to be put under a lot of pressure to self-censor, or even lie to protect your sponsors.

Essentially, a corporate-backed Wikipedia is one where you can no longer depend on their objectivity about matters important to their sponsor. Which defeats the point.
No.395481
Anonymous
Replies:>>395486
>>395458
Keynesian economics never works and Krugman is a joke.

Learn the broken window fallacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_broken_window
No.395482
Anonymous
>>395478
So institute rules like Google or Facebook does.

When you have that much traffic you can EASILY get conservative ad agencies begging for space even if you're posting pro abortion stuff. At least enough ads to cover server costs.

The problem is that Jimbo wants profit on top of that, which is ethically wrong.
No.395486
Anonymous
Replies:>>395528
>>395481
Keynesian economics has worked in every situation in which it's actually been used. But supply-side conservatives tend to convince people to water down Keynesian policies or stop using them before they can pay dividends.
No.395488
Anonymous
>Internet forum "/baw/" makes stunning breakthrough in determining the future of global economic strategies and advantages.

>film at 11.
No.395496
Anonymous
I honestly don't mind this kind of discussion but it'd be better to put it in the political thread. That's why we made that thread.
No.395502
Anonymous
Or we could just keep making more threads!

>SYM: Economic Edition
>SYM: Social Justice Edition
>SYM: Bowel Movement Edition
>SYM: Work Edition
>SYM: Debate Club
No.395504
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>395568
>>395502

We had separate threads for SYM and political stuff on the old /baw/. What's the damage in doing the same here?
Replies:>>395508
//youtube.com/watch?v=f2ZAiX-fa6cyoutube thumb
There's a "grumpy cat" movie.
What the fuck?
No.395508
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>395507

This is what happens when TV people try to make sense of Internet things.

It all comes tumbling down.
No.395520
Anonymous
>>395502
>herp derp slippery slope
No.395528
Anonymous
>>395486
>Keynesian economics has worked
Can't stop laughing.
No.395542
Anonymous
It bothers me to no end how anytime the nostalgia critic talks about a movie he doesn't actually use the music from said movie.

also, he used to be considered /co/ material for all his cartoon talk but the guy really doesn't know shit about animation.
No.395544
Mister Twister
>>395542
He's afraid of legal bullshit. Some years ago he was less prolific, so he did use the music. But as his popularity grew out of control, he became a victim of his own e-fame.
Replies:>>395547
save file
image:141939367100.jpg(85kB , 740x362 , image.jpg)
>>395542
Speaking of critics, has anyone else watched the 'Toons These Days' rants?

>all those twelve year olds crying in the comments of every video
Brings me back to the fandom days...
No.395547
Anonymous
>>395545
Man, I would rather not.
I've just about had it with all the cynicism surrounding that sorta stuff.

There was a post around here sometime back with some thoughts on the matter and I'm starting to feel that way myself.
Hmm, tumblr just went full Festivus.
I really appreciate it.
No.395556
Anonymous
Since I'm likely to see this thread when I have to do a certain thing, and I'll probably forget otherwise, I hope you don't mind me using this space as a bit of a personal note:

DOWNLOAD MANGA STUDIO 5 EX.

Thank you.
No.395560
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>395565
I'm sure my mom (and maybe my dad) are quite ecstatic that we'll have the entire family (them, myself, and four siblings) at their home for Christmas this year, but I wish I could bow out without hurting any feelings. I know I've said this before, but while my family are good people, I get absolutely no pleasure out of being with them. In fact, it's slightly stressful, because I have to watch what I say and how I act and am not free to do whatever I like. Thankfully it's only for one night/morning and I can come back home tomorrow afternoon.
save file
image:141946228900.jpg(28kB , 250x300 , npa-860020.jpg)
They changed the box.
No.395563
Anonymous
Replies:>>395567
>>395562
:( RIP in peace the munch
No.395565
Anonymous
>>395560
That's how pretty much everyone feels. The reason you get together with family on Christmas even though it irritates you to be around them is because every year might be the last time you ever see these people. If that doesn't make you sad in any way, then sure, maybe it's time to stop going. But if you would feel bad about it, ust suck it up and deal with the fact that you're going to be irritated and stressed for a few days a year.
No.395566
Anonymous
Merry Christmas, /baw/!
No.395567
Anonymous
Replies:>>395569
>>395562
>>395563
Dudes, it's been that way since 2012.
No.395568
Anonymous
>>395504
Oh, by the way, that was meant as a joke, not mocking sarcasm. I was the anon that promote you to make the current politics thread, so I sure as shit have no issue with it.
No.395569
Anonymous
>>395567
Oh. It was honestly hard to care after /v/ corrupted it.
No.395579
Anonymous
Replies:>>395580
Merry Christmas, and happy holidays. Hope you all have a good time.
No.395580
Anonymous
>>395579
You too, Anon.

>tfw summer Christmas
save file
image:141954467900.jpg(202kB , 906x482 , 1371517830234.jpg)
Merry Christmas from [UNDISCLOSED LOCATION]!

I hope everyone has fun this holiday season with or without their families. And stay comfy wherever you bes, no matter the weathers! Except you bea. I hope you got a brick of coal and the deadly Japanese cold for Christmas.

(Almost) Sincerely,
Alpharius
No.395583
Autonymobile !x4vv0ZYuAo
Fucking snow, I'm stuck at my folk's home for another night because it's not worth what will be an hour+ drive amongst other idiots on the road when I have no big reason to get home aside from wanting to be on my own.
No.395585
Anonymous
It's amazing how much your mood can change in a day.
No.395586
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>395590
I hope everyone had as good a [Celebratory December Holiday] as possible. :)
No.395590
Nøpe
>>395586
I had a very good Christmas. I think most of us did.
Any other holidays from you guys? What's it like?
No.395591
Anonymous
Replies:>>395592
Oh goddamnit, I just realized Christmas came and went and I didn't watch Die Hard in time. Was trying to make that a tradition again.
No.395592
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>395609
>>395591

This was the first year in years where I didn’t watch A Christmas Story at least once during the 24-hour marathon. (I didn’t even watch a few minutes of it.) I watched Guardians of the Galaxy with my mom instead. :)
save file
image:141963867500.gif(1.02MB , 400x630 , 1419050363114.gif)
>Spent Christmas eating ham and watching Chinese lesbian cartoons

I regret nothing. NOTHING.
No.395609
Anonymous
>>395592
First here too, I guess since my brother was off with his wife's family.
No.395620
Anonymous
You ever have a dream where you know you're dreaming, but for some reason you can't wake up?
No.395622
Anonymous
>>395620
no, fuck off neo
No.395627
Nøpe
>>395620
Sometimes I get dream paralysis.
My technique is acting like I'm breaching water. Like I'm shaking off the dream and taking a big breath of air. It's usually enough to jostle me fully awake.
No.395629
Mister Twister
>>395620
I have learned how to keep my self awareness during dreams, but I can still wake up if I so desire.
No.395634
Anonymous
What the fuck is going on with Singapore Airlines?
Replies:>>395643
save file
image:141976236500.jpg(56kB , 398x400 , despondent1.jpg)
I can't tell if my mother was chemically poisoning me for two years in an effort to control me, or if I'm just paranoid.
For a time, I was suffering this weird breathing and panic attack problem. Getting too excited would cause that very annoying 'oh god it feels like I'm having a heart attack' thing. Exerting too much would cause me to see dots. My teeth became more susceptible to cavities, despite brushing and etc. Some weird, new problem where my heart would feel like it were beating out of my chest every time she started picking a fight with me, to where it was incapacitating. This didn't used to happen.

I honestly do not know if maybe she started sneaking something into my food thinking she needed an extra measure to feel in control of me, or what. For whatever reason, my body just started crapping out on me if she decided to pick fights. I literally felt as if I were on death's door whenever she made it clear she was going to start a ranting and raving shouting match, and my only options were shout back or just start beating the life out of her. Before it was just a matter of suppressing violence, and that was never an issue. But then it started feeling like something foreign was shutting me down whenever she'd pick a fight.

Is there anything that a crazy, narcissistic psychobitch nurse could hide in Dunkin' Donuts decaf coffee to screw up your neurochemistry before starting shit with you? Because it was incredibly, incredibly hard to argue in volume matches when one feels like there's something wrong with their lungs and heart.
No.395643
Anonymous
Replies:>>395658
>>395639
>Is there anything that a crazy, narcissistic psychobitch nurse could hide in Dunkin' Donuts decaf coffee to screw up your neurochemistry before starting shit with you?
Not unless she's a neurochemist with access to experimental drugs I don't know of.

All known environmental factors are detectable by blood test.
Go to a clinic, tell them you've been working with disposal of unknown chemicals and don't feel so well, and ask them to do a simple blood test if you're poisoned.
It's like $40 dollars.

But considering you think she's a psycho, this is far FAR more likely a case of
>genetic predisposition for brain disorders
>paranoia
>lethargy
>panic attacks
>heart palpitations
>spotty vision
>dental problems
Textbook schizophrenia.

Which you need to get diagnosed and treated immediately. I don't know what your job is but operating any sort of machinery on untreated schizophrenia makes you a biiiit of a danger to coworkers.

In fact your MOM might have undiagnosed schizophrenia too, which might explain why she's hard on you. Maybe if you both get treated there might be some reconnect.
No.395657
Anonymous
Okay. So there this girl. I've asked her out before and she said the timing was bad and that she had a few other concerns, like the long distance thing and that she doesn't know what we would be like romantically. Now she's invited me to visit her and stay at her place for a week. I'm pretty sure this is just a platonic invite. But is it wrong of me to want to use this visit as a chance to give her a taste of what it would be like to be my girlfriend? Would that be creepy of me? I'm not talking full on seductive behavior our anything, I just mean being flirty and charming and subtly affectionate. Our would that be taking advantage of her trust in an ugly way?
No.395658
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>395666
>>395643
Ram's mom is, from what he's said and as far as I understand, not someone who will get treatment or allow him treatment, she's made him financially dependent and her beast of burden.

You are most likely right but given Ram's history I'd say his mother is worsening his illness if not outright the cause.
No.395660
Anonymous
Replies:>>395669
>>395657
Did she invite anyone else?
No.395662
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>395669
>>395657
Did she give a specific reason/event for the invitation? If she invited you over knowing your feelings for her, it may well be because she wants to test the water herself. Be careful as you tread and make sure to read body/suggestive language as closely as possible, but if it's just the two of you being flirty and charming doesn't sound out of the question. Be ready to stop at a moment's notice, though.

Of course, you could straight up ask her if it's about testing the water, but that would surely be an awkward conversation.
No.395666
Anonymous
>>395658
A better option for him might be on the streets, if that's the case.
No.395669
Anonymous
>>395660
Not on this particular visit, no. I don't think in the first friend she's had visit though.

>>395662
Not a particular reason, but she first started saying it might be nice before I told her how I felt. Admittedly she probably suspected before I told her, but I think that while you might be right that she could be thinking the same thing I an (we think a lot alike) I doubt that's the main reason for the visit in her mind.

But yeah, I think you're right and I need to just pay attention to body language and tone of voice and pay attention to if she starts to feel uncomfortable. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't inherently creepy of me to be thinking this way.
No.395671
Anonymous
Replies:>>395678
If cartoons taught me one thing, it's to never sign a contract ever.
No.395678
Anonymous
Replies:>>395679
>>395671
Not without reading it thoroughly and asking every little legal question you can think of.
No.395679
Anonymous
>>395678
>reads for ten seconds.
"Excuse me, is this legal?"
>reads for about 2 seconds.
"Excuse me, is THIS legal?"
>gives the paper a short glance
"Excuse me, there is NO way this is legal!"
No.395682
Anonymous
Lesbians seem to be a popular subject for pushing acceptance these days.
You think it's because people are more comfortable with lesbians than they are male homosexuals? Do you think people will start pushing for male gay relationships more in the future?
No.395683
Cooking With Slowpoke™
Your fortune: Good Luck

it my birthday
No.395684
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>395683

Congratulations!
No.395685
Mister Twister
Replies:>>395686
There should be a punishment of sorts for everyone who says "not that there is anything wrong with that".
No.395686
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>395683
Happy birthday!

>>395685
I think they should be spanked (not that there is anything wrong with that.)
>>395683
Happy Birthday Slowpoke.
No.395692
TeethandHunger
>>395683
Happy Birthday!
No.395693
Anonymous
Holy shit who knew netflix would be so good?!
I see what so many people like about it!
No.395694
Anonymous
Replies:>>395695
My aunt gifted me an incredibly beautiful ornate glass bowl that probably cost a fortune (she's rich, my uncle was the CEO for an international trade company specializing in cooking oils and grains before retiring a few years ago). Now I'm eating Snyder's Pretzel Pieces from it and I'm not sure wether I should feel bad for using it in such away or happy that I found a use for it at all.
Replies:>>395696
save file
image:142005448400.jpg(197kB , 1296x728 , 10453090_726060726859_6222865535398501167_o[1].jpg)
So I was using this very large tackle box for organizing Legos until recently, when I moved them into other organizers I had. I then put the tackle box on Craigslist, mentioning that I used it for Legos. One guy contacted me asking about it, and also if I was looking to sell the Legos. I hadn't considered it, but I haven't actually done anything with them in quite some time; I keep them primarily for nostalgia and "well, one day I might..." So I sent him the photo at the left and said I hadn't thought about it, but was willing to discuss an offer. He offered $300. This is actually higher than the number I had in my head ($200), but I don't think it's enough for me to let go and I don't know if it's even a good offer for these. Anyone here trade in Lego sets? Should I ask for more? My brother said I should ask for $600 as a pie-in-the-sky number, but I don't know if it's a fair deal (though I would let them go for that price.)

I also have two dozen instruction manuals in good condition, not pictured.

>>395694
The pretzels probably taste better from that bowl, it's a good thing.
No.395696
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>395695

I’d go for $400; if he’s not willing to pay that, use $400 as the ‘high end’ for a price you feel okay with—but whatever you do, don’t sell them for any less than $300.
No.395702
Mister Twister
No.395703
The Sneaky Tiki
Rot 2014, you were one of the worst years ever.
save file
image:142008995900.png(15kB , 387x55 , Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 00.21.48.png)
In a thread where everyone named their waifus before the end of the year, someone (jokingly?) confessed to not having found her yet.

This was the reply, and it's beautiful.
No.395705
Anonymous
2014 was an absolute dogshit year.

Here's hoping 2015 is better.
No.395706
Anonymous
Replies:>>395709
I liked 2014

It was pretty good to me personally and it ended on a high note
._.
No.395709
Anonymous
>>395706
Yep, I'm with this guy. 2014 treated me pretty well.

Well, a happy 2015 to each and every one of you. You're all awesome, even my fellow namefags.
save file
image:142012506600.gif(953kB , 330x300 , 1390056743617.gif)
All my cookies have reset for some reason. I know this is just a minor annoyance, but goddamn is this not helping my mood right now.
No.395714
Mister Twister
Sometimes, when I look at a thread, I wonder... is OP pretending to be retarded, or actually is?

Because sometimes I truly cannot tell.
No.395717
Asshole
Does anyone else kind of just want a legitimately shitty person in their life, someone who none of the people you care about knows of, just so you can fuck up their life? Like, I mean a person who does not deserve to live anymore so you can vent any aggression towards them and it would be justified.

Or do I have to just stick to 4chan and tumblr?
No.395718
Anonymous
Replies:>>395732
>been a pothead for a while
>never been much of a drinker
>new year's resolution to quit smoking pot because I've become dependent on it lately
>first day of 2015 and I've lost track of how many shots I've had

Hm.
No.395728
Mister Twister
Less of a wild thought, and more of an observation. If one wants their browser to be healthy, and feel smooth and fast, it is necessary to completely delete all cookies and website data at least once a month. Flash cookies and cache should be deleted after each session.
No.395732
Tora Dora !n0CyHpL66I
>>395718

>no booze
>no weed
>2 months in

Kill me now.
No.395733
Anonymous
>but muh logins
I've been meaning to change to firefox, but I've used chrome so much I don't want to lose all my easily-replaceable junk. It's like Internet Explorer II.
save file
image:142026506400.gif(2.35MB , 356x200 , w-what.gif)
>work experience at a game design/animation academy (had a really good time)
>walking past a room of students, look in through the glass wall to see what they are making
>one person is at his computer
>the background is a demotivational-poster style image with 'PINECEST' in big fucking letters
No.395742
Anonymous
Replies:>>395744
When is the internet gonna get out of holidays mode? I can't deal.
No.395744
Nøpe
>>395742
February 19
Replies:>>395749
save file
image:142032393100.jpg(24kB , 500x281 , Y'dun goofed!.jpg)
>25 years old two days ago.
save file
image:142032404000.png(201kB , 285x312 , Untitled.png)
>>395748
Fuck you, stop deleting my name.
No.395751
TeethandHunger
So...I've learned a very important lesson life yesterday about drinking.
Well, I've there is a point where should people should stop drinking. I crossed that line the other night. I vomited twice and spent the whole day with a BAD hangover. It was like I had the flu but without the fun.
I don't recommend over drinking at all. I'm not going to be drinking for a while.
Oh, don't drink and drive.
save file
image:142034626300.jpg(23kB , 480x392 , tumblr_ndjubzwOKV1rc29i6o1_500.jpg)
How do you explain that when you don't want or only just a little bit of sauce or gravy, you don't mean "give me fucking soup"?
No.395754
Mister Twister
Replies:>>395755
The description of 8chan, from ED:

8chan is an Internet hostel for users of 4chan, mostly from /b/, /pol/ and /v/ that were annoyed with the faggotry that lurks around most chans, which instead allows anyone to make his own board making sure that every single one of them is shit.
No.395755
Anonymous
Replies:>>395778
>>395754
>ED
Shit, that place is still around?
save file
image:142038484200.gif(566kB , 496x280 , me and mr wolf drink.gif)
>>constantly escalating series of bets results in me making porn
>>actual porn
>>awkward as hell but didn't mind it that much
>>already agreed to do it again
This the weirdest my life has been in a long, long time.
No.395764
Anonymous
>>395757
Get payed?
No.395766
Anonymous
>>395757
Hey, I recognize that gif. The Real Tuesday Weld makes some pretty good music.

Share your porn with us.
No.395768
Anonymous
>>395757
guy or gal?
No.395771
Anonymous
Replies:>>395775
Was at the grocery store waiting to use a lotto machine, and a gal (older teen, if it matters) was going on break or something and checking out. I guess she was like 10c short except for a $20 she didn't want to use, and was asking all her coworkers if they had nine cents. None did, and Ssnce I was waiting I walked over, handed her a quarter without a word, and then left.

I am not good at social, and the possibility didn't hit me until afterward, so I have to ask: Was this creepy/weird?
No.395773
Anonymous
Oh great gods of careers, this is not what I wanted. I am unhappy. Please let me find something that I want to go to every day, please let me find something that doesn't consume my life, please let me find something that makes me happy.
No.395775
Anonymous
>>395771
>Was this creepy/weird?
Odd. But nothing extraordinary, really.
No.395778
Anonymous
Replies:>>395779
>>395755
Previous owner (girlvinyl) went full SJW and tried to shut-it-down to make knowyourmeme, but a few of the old ED mods said "fuck you slut" and mirrored the website.
No.395779
Anonymous
Replies:>>395780
>>395778
Ah I see.

Now for real, what happened?
No.395780
Anonymous
Replies:>>395803
>>395779
Not him but that's exactly what happened, except she had nothing to do with knowyourmeme, instead she made something called "Oh Internet" which was basically another KYM except way worse.
No.395789
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
NPR featured one of my comments on their recent no-kill shelter stories during their "Letters" segment on All Things Considered today. Neat.
save file
image:142051577900.jpg(43kB , 700x500 , fnaf3.jpg)
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is in development

How does that make you feel?
No.395791
Anonymous
>>395790
Oh sweet! I wonder how much gameplay I'll have to tolerate so I can keep getting into the story!

Guess I'll just fast forward the youtube videos!
No.395792
Anonymous
>>395790
Bordering on indifference. I'll likely watch an LP of it, but I'm hoping he branches out even more beyond static images and jump scares. I want more psychological horror fucking with your head, less twitch reaction.
No.395795
Anonymous
File deleted
Fuck the sad panda.

I even tried editing my cookies and playing that retarded RPG I'm talking about exhentai.org, before you ask
No.395796
Anonymous
Replies:>>395798
>>395795
Remember that if you edit your cookies, you need to delete all previous cookies you've gotten from sadpanda.
No.395797
Anonymous
>>395795
There's a firefox extension that let you check it without said fucking panda. Can't remember it's name now.
No.395798
Anonymous
Replies:>>395799
>>395796
I know, I deleted every single cookie I had, then I tried it with only e-hentai cookies. I've tried everything.

>>395797
And it didn't work for me. I'll try it again but it didn't work.
No.395799
Anonymous
Replies:>>395811
>>395797
>>395798
I use the "Sad Panda" extension on Chrome, hasn't failed me yet. The ones I tried for FF never worked.
No.395803
Anonymous
>>395780
Oh Internet was the predecessor, the KYM guys stole the idea and girlvinyl bitched they didn't pay her for it.
No.395811
Anonymous
>>395799
I tried both FF and Chrome, nope.

I'm not even a fan of hentai, I just wanna get past the fucking panda.
No.395817
Anonymous
>>395790
I'm kinda surprised it's getting made this soon, not for production reasons so much as a lot of the game's interest is due to the sense of mystery. Hard to keep that going while pumping out games so fast. But hey, I haven't given the creator a cent yet, so why expect him to care about my opinion?
Once I have a job though, his earlier coffee robot games are up there on the list of games I want to buy.
No.395826
Anonymous
Anyone know any surefire suicide tactics?
No.395828
Anonymous
>>395826
Sharp something to a major artery will kill you before EMTs get there, and there's plenty of untreatable poisons.
No.395834
Anonymous
>>395826
Swallow ammonia and bleach with rat poison, while sprinting toward and insulting a group of violent people or police and yelling 'Haloo Snackbar'.

Or you can try the ED list, I'm a fan of the 'The Hero':
>1. Find a tall building and get an iPod.
>2. Play any heroic theme you can ear-blastingly loud. (The Captain Falcon Theme will do)
>3. Do a nose dive off the building and scream your heroic monologue as loud as you can.
>4. Cock your fist back halfway down and yell out the name of your attack- if you can't think of one, try "Faggot nerd killing punch"
>5. As you hit the pavement plant your fist at the speed of sound into an evil doer right before you strike the ground. If successful, you just committed murder, congratulations faggot.

But seriously, don't commit suicide.
No.395841
Anonymous
Replies:>>395847
>>395826
Go to a country that allows it and speak with a medical professional. If you don't have a good reason, they'll probably do better convincing you not to than I could. Just know that I value your existence, along with that of intelligent life in general.
No.395847
Anonymous
Replies:>>395849
>>395841
>along with that of intelligent life in general.
Make up your mind already.
No.395848
Anonymous
Replies:>>395853
>>395826
draw muhamad cartoons for 10 years
No.395849
Anonymous
>>395847
But if you're not intelligent, how did you manage to form that clever retort?
No.395853
Anonymous
>>395848
too soon man
No.395882
Anonymous
Okay. So I've been crazy about this girl, who also happens to basically be my best friend, for months. A while back, I tell her how I feel. She says she's interested, but she just got out of a relationship and wants to play the field still--fine by me, I don't expect her to commit right away and I know me being interested doesn't give me any claim over her heart or her sexuality. She agrees to go out on a date with me, but due to schedule things, we can't make it happen till the end of this month. Privately I knew there was a danger that she would fall for someone else first, but I also knew it wouldn't be fair to ask her to wait for me.

So she ends up falling for this other guy she starts dating while she's playing the field. They're not officially a couple or anything, but we end up deciding not to pursue things between us. I'm heartbroken--way more than I thought I would be. I've dealt with crushes before, and been rejected, and it didn't hurt like this. This one hit me so hard I had to call in sick because I had gotten myself physically ill from moping so hard.

Here's the thing--she's the one who councils me through the heartbreak. I tell her what I'm going through and she's SOOO understanding, and supportive. She is doing everything in her power to help me feel better about things, and it actually works! I'm kind of coming to terms with the fact that things are never going to happen between us. I tell her that I know things are never going to happen between us, and that even though I wish her well in her relationship with this other guy, there's always a part of me that will think she would have been happier with me, and she even admits that I might be right, but that's not the path she's chosen for now. We have come to terms, blah blah blah.

Thing is--I think I'm still in love with her. Maybe more than before. How am I supposed to NOT be in love with a girl who's so sweet she helps me through it even though both of us know my suffering is all my fault for getting too attached to her when she wasn't ready for that sort of thing? And who can be mature enough to talk about this shit with me honestly and not shy away from either of our feelings or do anything to make me feel worse, even when she would have every right to tell me to deal with my shit myself?

Is it unhealthy to just....stay in love with someone you know you can never be with? Not as a "Wait until she's ready to be with me" way, just in a "I love you, you don't love me, that is how things are" way? I could still look for someone else and maybe even be happy with them, but I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get this girl out of my heart.
No.395897
Anonymous
>>395882

Maybe you should ask /lgbt/? I don't know how many lesbians frequent this board.
No.395900
Anonymous
Replies:>>395901
>>395882
>even though both of us know my suffering is all my fault for getting too attached to her when she wasn't ready for that sort of thing?

Don't blame yourself for having feelings.

>Is it unhealthy to just....stay in love with someone you know you can never be with?

Probably.

>I could still look for someone else and maybe even be happy with them, but I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to get this girl out of my heart.

As long as you think you can still be happy with someone else, you'll do fine. Sometimes you can't help loving someone who you can't be with, but the important thing is to acknowledge they aren't the only one out there for you. I don't envy your situation, it's a hard one to be in. But heartbreak isn't permanent, and you'll fall in love with someone else eventually.

I hope things turn out well for you.
No.395901
Anonymous
>>395900
>Don't blame yourself for having feelings.
I didn't mean so much "I'm a bad person for having these feelings" as "my suffering is coming about because I became too attached before she felt the same, not because she failed to return my feelings." Like less "I made a mistake" and more "this is my problem, not hers."
No.395903
Anonymous
How many artists still come here? And I mean actual professional "I'm putting my time and money into my craft as an investment because this is my job" type artists, so sorry hobbyists.
I'm asking cuz /draw/ is deader than roadkill and I'd at least like a couple of people's opinions regarding art. Since I'm sure artists aren't always interested in drawing boards I thought maybe one or two would come by here.

I know Coelasquid and Maya Nord used to frequent here, and I'm sure a few others as well but I thought I'd ask.
No.395909
Anonymous
Replies:>>395911
>>395903
Hobbyist here, and /draw/ has always been pretty dead (which is a shame).

If no-one turns up in /draw/, you could try 4chan's Art Critique board /ic/ or some other drawing chan. Reddit could be useful too.
No.395911
Anonymous
>>395909
I wanted to know about *here* specifically.
But thanks.
No.395912
Mister Twister
Replies:>>395913
Posters on imageboards like to blame others for the state of things, but they never think of blaming themselves.
No.395913
Anonymous
>>395912
So its MY fault there aren't any artists here?
No.395914
Anonymous
>>395903
The whole site's not been that populated since the switch the new boards, and I don't see how professional artists would really be particularly drawn here. There are some people who draw, but I don't know how many have done professional work, or aspire to do so. There is some drawing done on the porn boards, and maybe some artists there that don't bother visiting /baw/ since they only come here to post images.

>>395913
It's not like you're blaming anyone else for the lack of artists to begin with, pretty obvious that it's not the userbase driving people away and just the incomplete move to a new board system.
No.395915
Mister Twister
>>395913
I meant: posting retarded disgusting shit and then complain about retards posting disgusting shit. I was talking about hypocrites.
No.395916
Anonymous
Replies:>>395919
I wish I had friends, but I know I can't handle the pressure of having friends.
No.395919
Mister Twister
>>395916
You are afraid of getting hurt/betrayed, but it is a common fear. Fears release their grip on you when your mind becomes stronger.

Become a stronger individual, and your social life will get fixed immediately.
save file
image:142110767800.gif(726kB , 446x251 , regi whats wrong with you.gif)
>girl is sending him pictures of herself

This bitch.
No.395923
Anonymous
>Anti-feminist tumblr blog.
>Full of badly composed pinups and porn.

Well.
That's not telling at all.
No.395926
Anonymous
>>395923
Yeah. I have no idea why so many straight up dickbags follow me.
No.395933
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>395936
Is there a way to stop specific people from commenting on your Facebook posts? I have an uncle who is apparently driven to post some stupid wise-crack on every single freaking thing I post. If not a wise-crack, then something about how Jesus will save everyone. I don't want to unfriend him, but these are getting super fucking annoying.

I could just ask him to stop, I guess...
No.395934
Anonymous
Replies:>>395939
>>395923
>Anti-feminist
Welcome to 2015.
Replies:>>395938
save file
image:142128395700.png(35kB , 501x332 , custom.png)
>>395933
Change who can see your post. Pic related, click custom and type in his name. He'll never know it was there.
No.395938
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>395936
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I'll have to remember to do it in the future, thanks for reminding me!
No.395939
Anonymous
Replies:>>395940
>>395934
Sweetie, its existed for centuries.
No.395940
Anonymous
>>395939
Only my wife calls me that. Are you my wife? Dottie is that you?
No.395947
Anonymous
Here's something to think about. I'd post it on /co/ but you /co/.

http://www.itinthed.com/16328/what-taking-my-daughter-to-a-comic-book-store-taught-me/

I feel like his comic shop was probably just garbage, but he does make good points. That being said, I don't think there's going to be any change anytime soon.
No.395948
Anonymous
>>395947
There are so many great options for girls that age (or any other age, or gender, or whatever) if people would stop treating DC and Marvel as the only people making comics. A few diamonds in the rough aside, DC and Marvel have become irrelevant as anything other than the source material for movies.

And yes, that's largely the comic shops' faults rather than the people visiting them, but it doesn't help that customers keep buying the shit that DC and Marvel are shoveling. There are so many comics that are not only less sexist/offensive/whatever, but also better written and often even prettier to look at. The only thing that keeps DC and Marvel selling is momentum, not anything approaching superiority of quality over the other options out there.
No.395949
Anonymous
>>395947
As a European I'm always completely baffled by how fucking demonized sexuality is in the US. It's like you guys are stuck in the Victorian era.
No.395950
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>395953
>>395949

America is stuck in the Victorian era, least as far as sexuality goes. Some of us (particularly Southerners) still believe the delusion of ‘abstinence-only sex education is actually effective’, after all.
No.395951
Anonymous
Replies:>>395958
>>395948
Comics didn't even enter the mainstream again until all the different movies came out. Literally the only reason Marvel and DC are selling is because of the movies.
No.395952
Anonymous
>>395947
Comic book stores are really terrible when it comes to accommodating kids, although that story feels fake as hell. The owners generally don't know what to give out, and the kids comics are always sequestered into a little section out of the way. You have to go actively searching for the stuff, which is especially bullshit when comic shops are usually out of the way as is.
save file
image:142143624500.jpg(150kB , 800x533 , annoyed33031886.jpg)
>>395950
>particularly Southerners
No.395954
Anonymous
>>395948
The thing is is that with video games, movies, and cartoons giving certain characters more exposure some of them will be looking at the more popular brands rather than the indys. The girl's favorite character in the Lego Batman game way Harley Quinn and we all know what's going on with that.
No.395958
Anonymous
>>395951
Are you retarded or was your childhood just after 80s and 90s?
No.395959
Anonymous
>>395949
Okay, you're being kind of disingenuous here. The problem with comic books is not "sexuality." No one who is commenting on this shit is talking about comics like Saga or Sex Criminals or Sky Dolls that have sexual themes and deal with them like adults. It's the sex-negative, commodified, and juvenile exploitation of sexuality present in more mainstream comics that is the problem.

Seriously, I would be less embarrassed to read Empowered--which is unabashedly softcore smut--in public than some of the shit that DC and Marvel try to sell.
No.395961
Anonymous
>>395959
>It's the sex-negative, commodified, and juvenile exploitation of sexuality present in more mainstream comics that is the problem.
This. SO much.
No.395962
Anonymous
Replies:>>395963
Why do online stores make things so complicated
DON'T YOU GET IT?
I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING FROM YOU!
No.395963
Mister Twister
>>395962
It's your MONEY, for fuck's sake. Don't rush with that, if you don't want them stolen from you.
No.395965
Anonymous
Replies:>>395971
New thread where?
No.395971
Anonymous
>>395965
When this sinks down or you do a new one.
Whatever comes first.
No.396030
Anonymous
>>395959
By sex negative do you mean fat feminists being jealous of comic book heroines with better figures?
No.413858
Old thread, testing markup
bold
bold
bold
bold
bold