/mtv/ - Music, Television & Film

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 326 posts, 41 files (41 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /mtv/45350 Close window
Options
Replies:>>45353
save file
image:145706602000.png(763kB , 900x563 , batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice-593860.png)
DC General Edition 4 (You)
http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-review-early/
Someone who saw the movie early gives his thoughts on BvS. Sounds... not terrible, probably better than Man of Steel though not the critical smash hit WB would like it to be.
No.45353
Anonymous
>>45350
Few concerns about this. Part of the Warner Bros soul searching before some reason letting Snyder do whatever with Man of Steel was the thought "People have grown tired of the overall grim Batman stuff."

That was about four years ago with Rises.

Maybe things will be different.
Replies:>>45371
save file
image:145711819800.jpg(65kB , 612x459 , batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-000220568.jpg)
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/663267-batman-v-superman-ultimate-cut
>There’s not a lot of blood in our movies. The ratings board also judges their PG-13 and R ratings by what they consider to be a level of intensity and how much that intensity goes throughout the entire movie. There are some pretty intense scenes in Batman v Superman, and if they went on longer and had that same level of intensity, that might cause the ratings board to shift their rating.

That's a bit of a relief, not that I expect the fight scenes to be that great anyway.
No.45371
Anonymous
Replies:>>45373
>>45358
Batman looks like a jilted ex-lover there.
No.45373
Anonymous
>>45371

Batman is a doctor losing a patent on the table and needs to step back and refocus but instead DOCTORS HARDER.

Affleck and get unhinged intense Batman but can he be just aloof wary Justice League Batman? Superman's Pal?
No.45411
Anonymous
Replies:>>45412
I wonder if this would have been better as just a straight up Batman and Superman film. No Wonder Woman, no Doomsday and maybe even no Lex. Just those around Bruce trying to drag Bruce back from the Abyss that he feels so keen on throwing himself down into.

Alfred showing up at Clark's apartment right before the final confrontation. Not knowing how its going to go making a plea of restraint against a man who is very ill and needs help.

I'd be really cool with just that angle.
No.45412
Anonymous
Replies:>>45413
>>45411
Something like World's Strongest? Definitely, but they'd also have to relegate Snyder to cinematographer only. Get him out of that director's seat.
No.45413
Anonymous
Replies:>>45415
>>45412
Yea for sure. I mean they could have a really good story there and a great bit of bonding. Clark does all he can not to hurt Bruce who nearly kills himself. Bruce passes out and Clark flies him off to the farmhouse.

Maybe Bruce could then have that "Omega Nightmare" though none of that Evil Super Legion crap and just him in his Duster and Goggles looking out across the wasteland of Gotham and that giant Omega Symbol carved into the earth as fire shoots out around him.

Bruce up delirious and panicked falls out of the bed he's in (Clark's Old Room) Finds a note atop a pile clothes (shirt, jeans. boots etc) "Guess we're about the same size." Breakfast is in the kitchen.

Bruce comes tottering down the stairs. Martha is doing some clean up in the kitchen, various food stuffs cups and plates are on the table.

Martha looks over as Bruce enters the kitchen.

M:Oh, you're up. Clark was afraid he'd been too rough. Boy does his best.

Bruce moves over to the table steadies himself as he sits carefully picking up a biscuit looking at it cautiously.

Martha brings over a pot of coffee and sits it on the table.

M:Go on, eat. Nothing to be afraid of here.

Bruce gets a cup and pours some coffee

M:Brewed a fresh pot. From what Clark says about you work you could use a cup.

Bruce takes a sip..then gulps down the cup pouring himself another and then starts chewing on the biscuit before getting more food from the table and devouring it.

Clark walks in clad in similar clothes (Red Shirt, Jeans and Work Boots)

C: Fixed the fence line in the back field, should keep the McGreggor cows from getting into the corn.

Clark looks over at Bruce as he gulps down another cup and starts in on a piece of ham.

C: Ma, could you give us a moment alone please.

Martha nods and heads towards the door outside.

M: I'll go check the wash on the line, be easy on him Clark.

Clark nods pulling a chair up to the table and getting himself a cup of coffee as Bruce still quietly eats.

C: Good Coffee

B: *Grunts*

C: *sigh* All of this was a misunderstanding you know, I never did what you think I did. What you were told I did.

Bruce stops eating not looking up.

B: I know that.

Clark takes a drink setting the cup down in front of him.

C: Then why?

B: You we're an unknown, I had to test you.

C: Find out if I could be trusted?

B: No find out if you were dangerous.

C: And?

B: Not to the extent I thought you were.

C: *chuckles* Well, that's a start.
No.45415
Anonymous
Replies:>>45416
>>45413
I hate ideas like this because they're way better than what we will actually get and it makes me sad.
I really want this.
No.45416
Anonymous
>>45415
Its what should be the focus not that batman is just crazy and angry. But that he's sick and needs help and that is what Clark will offer. So I hope that somehow comes through.
No.45453
Anonymous
It will probably end up being shit, but I am kind of interested in Powerless, if it manages to get off the ground.
No.45529
Anonymous
Replies:>>45530
http://www.newsarama.com/28451-which-beloved-dc-hero-will-join-legends-of-tomorrow.html
If this is true, smart money is on Booster.
No.45530
Anonymous
>>45529
>Booster Gold
Yes please.
No.45550
Anonymous
Replies:>>45551
Mexico Anon dripping some premier knowledge over in /co/. Going just about as well as expected.
No.45551
T4 was here
Replies:>>45552
>>45550
Is everthing on fire?
No.45552
T4 was here
>>45551
No, they just started a race war so never mind.
Atlest I want to see this shitstorm first hand this time.
save file
image:145849168400.gif(1.11MB , 500x208 , Spoiler image)
Whoops!
No.45554
Anonymous
Replies:>>45556
>>45553
What soo the new movie batman shoots people? He's Purple Gloves?
No.45555
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45553

>the guy in the back of the truck disappears just before the explosion happens
No.45556
Anonymous
Replies:>>45557
>>45554
Really nothing new. Both Nolan's and Burton's Batmen used live ammo and explosives on people.
No.45557
T4 was here
Replies:>>45558
>>45556
And yet people get butthurt when Superman does it, even when he also kill Zod in Superman 2 the RD cut.
//youtube.com/watch?v=LakXRQbdiUYyoutube thumb

What a cluster fuck it going to be!
No.45558
Anonymous
>>45557
Plot does seem a bit jumped if Snyder is still pushing both his nihilistic ideas of good and that Christ analogy still as the leaks have put out.
Replies:>>45570
save file
image:145868898300.jpg(43kB , 916x354 , CeL_exVW8AEqbyn.jpg)
The funposting has begun at /co/.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/batman-v-superman-review
Replies:>>45571
save file
image:145869355800.png(74kB , 1818x262 , That is not okay.png)
>>45569

It's a goddamn bloodbath.
No.45571
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45570

I think we’d all do well to stay away from /co/ Prime for…shit, at least six months. Civil War will have come and gone by then.

Fuckin’ capeshit cola wars.
No.45572
Anonymous
>currently sitting at 41% on Rotten Tomatoes with 44 reviews
Damn, I never expected it to be great but thought it would at least hover at a respectable 60-70.
No.45573
Anonymous
Replies:>>45574
At least most people seem to be happy with Wonder Woman and Gadot's performance, which is a relief.
No.45574
Anonymous
>>45573
And also troubling since that is a very low bar.

Oh Angry Joe is going to be heart broken. Be fun to see him rage though.
No.45575
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
As of this post, BvS is at 38% on RT, which is lower than Batman Forever (41%) and Daredevil (44%). Its next “target” is Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (37%).

Eh, it’ll make a billion anyway because there’s nothing else out right now that’s aimed at its target audience.
No.45576
Anonymous
Oh jeez, that's really depressing. I really don't want the DCCU to fail, if for no reason other than to provide the MCU with some competition to keep them sharp, since most of my favorite DC characters are ones they're unlikely to make movies for. Unfortunately Warner Bros being what they are I don't think they'll learn any of the right lessons from this movie tanking.
No.45577
Anonymous
Replies:>>45578
>>45576

I'd watch a Doom Patrol Film so bad. Tell it from Garfield's perspective and imply he's already with the Teen Titians. Tell it as a story from his past that maybe leads into a movie with the current Doom Patrol roster.
No.45578
Anonymous
>>45577
Yep. Shame they won't touch it with a ten foot pole. Especially not Morrison's run.
No.45579
Jumpman
>>45576
If Suicide Squad ends up performing better with critics (which seems entirely possible), expect big changes from WB.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/batman-v-superman-could-dcs-entire-slate-be-in-jeopardy-fandemonium
No.45580
Anonymous
Replies:>>45581
>>45576
They'll probably keep making solo films like what they had with Batman and Superman Returns and such. Maybe once Snyder bows out and they decide to have another Universe Supervisor, it'll work. Starting slow, not with the big guys.
No.45581
Anonymous
Replies:>>45582
>>45580
It's what they should've done from the getgo. Instead of giving everyone a solo film whether they need it or not.
No.45582
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45581

Avengers worked because Marvel gave us the solo films first; they built up a fictional universe and showed us how the characters exist within it and gave us reasons to care about the primary Avengers, then brought them together for the first time at the end of Phase One. DC’s rush to mimic Marvel’s success left DC thinking it could do a few fanboy-friendly cameos in BvS (and maybe Suicide Squad) before Justice League and call it a day. It’s partly an “assumed empathy” problem (“Batman and Superman are in the Justice League, and people like Batman and Superman, so people will like these other Justice League members”), but it’s mostly DC taking away all the wrong lessons from the failures of Superman Returns and Green Lantern—as well the successes of The Dark Knight Trilogy and Marvel’s “shared universe” gimmick.
Replies:>>45584
save file
image:145872493500.gif(1.55MB , 480x270 , dc-fans.gif)
https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/
No.45584
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45585
>>45583

It really is amazing to see them brush off criticisms that have nothing to do with “DC SUCKS” and everything to with things like narrative structure and characterization—and all so they can have this fantasy that their grimdark superserious superhero movie will be vindicated as “The Superhero Movie That Did ‘Mature’ Right”.
No.45585
Anonymous
Replies:>>45586
>>45584
>“The Superhero Movie That Did ‘Mature’ Right”

Unbreakable.

Which ironically was produced by Disney .
No.45586
Anonymous
>>45585
And some critics still shit on because people "read" it wrong as a Superhero movie they enjoyed and didn't laugh at.
No.45587
T4 was here
http://moviebob.blogspot.se/2016/03/review-batman-v-superman-dawn-of.html#morehttp://moviebob.blogspot.se/2016/03/review-batman-v-superman-dawn-of.html#more
Oh boy cant wait for his angry angry vid-review.
No.45588
Anonymous
>>45587

Angry Joe is going to have it worst of all. Maybe he'll call Spoony and they can have a drink while they work through this mess.

Oh and he Midnight Screening will likely be filled with just as much rage. Half in the Bag will also be a treat.

Common theme "HOW DO YOU FUCK THAT UP!?" To wit the answer is you let Snyder and Friends run the show and utterly tone deaf executives that think they need to be the polar opposite of what they think Marvel films are.

The films setting up where a now disillusioned Super Solider and a PTSD ridden Billonare Playboy come to blows over how much they should be controlled by the government.
No.45589
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45588

>Half in the Bag will also be a treat.

Man, what I wouldn’t give for Plinkett reviews of MoS and (eventually) BvS.
No.45590
Anonymous
I still can't believe that "Batman being carried through the air by a cloud of bats in a christ-like pose" crap wasn't /tv/ trolling but actually something in the movie. There are people, several people, who had to give their approval to such scene, and some probably even thought it sounded like a great idea. Think about it.
No.45591
Anonymous
Replies:>>45592
>>45590

For me, it's the Pa Kent dream where he talks about hearing the screams of drowning horses. Like... what the fuck, movie? I had to double check multiple reviews to make sure people weren't just shitting with me about that scene.
No.45592
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45590
>>45591

Batman decides to not kill Superman when Superman reveals that his mom is also named Martha. This is a thing that actually happens in the film.

If this movie tanks, Snyder’s head should roll first.
No.45594
T4 was here
>>45587
And it was worth the wait.
//youtube.com/watch?v=OTKDtoBR-2Myoutube thumb
>>45588
If his twitter is to be belived, he injoyed it.
Hope he team up with Doug again for round two.
No.45596
Jumpman
Replies:>>45598
On the bright side, Gal Gadot's (brief) performance as Wonder Woman is being praised, and Ben Affleck works as Batman (Snyder's portrayal of Batman is another story). And considering how the movie ends with Superman pushing daisies, it leaves room for a brand new take on Superman.

In a way, Snyder did his job. There's great material here for a cinematic DC universe, but he has no idea what to do with it.
No.45597
Anonymous
>sitting at 38% on Rotten Tomatoes
>Critics Consensus: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice smothers a potentially powerful story -- and some of America's most iconic superheroes -- in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action.
"Grim" is the perfect word for it.
No.45598
Anonymous
>>45596

>Gal Gadot's (brief) performance as Wonder Woman is being praised

There is actually very little to praise, because she is barely in the film, "brief" is actually a good descriptor. I am not sure how can anyone give a good solid opinion on her WW, other than "she looked good in costume".
No.45599
Anonymous
Replies:>>45602
Also, I must add this.

I hated, hated, HATED Eisenberg's Luthor. Easily the worst part of the film for me. I actually went expecting him to be terrible because of how lame Luthor was in the trailers, and somehow it was even worse.

IMO, worst miscast ever in a big budget superhero movie.
No.45600
T4 was here
Replies:>>45604
http://www.moovienews.com/20160323-major-shakeup-for-warnerbros-and-dc.html
No.45601
Jumpman
At least we got a sweet Batmobile in Rocket League.

//youtube.com/watch?v=qhRkL3YFYacyoutube thumb
No.45602
Anonymous
>>45599
That wasn't even the role he was brought in for. I swear from his allusions about who Snyder was bringing him to play in the first place he was going to be that movies Joker before Squad got up and runinng an got Leto.

And this is the reason why the Marvel creative Roundtable is a good idea.
No.45603
Anonymous
>If [Batman V Superman] makes less than a billion, [Zack] Snyder is out and Justice League will be delayed 8 months.
>Chris Nolan is being courted as a producer and George Miller, David Yates, Louis Letterier, and Vincenzo Natali are all being courted to take over Justice League.
>Wonder Woman is undergoing major rewrites. Specifically, WW needs to be reworked as a standalone film incase of a soft reboot. Aquaman, Cyborg, and Green Lantern Corps are all on the chopping block too."

Please let 75% of these things happen.

>Investors are planning a major takeover if [Batman V Superman] flops and have plans to install a board that will order the universe to be rebooted
Freaking morons.
No.45604
Anonymous
Replies:>>45606
>>45600

>Chris Nolan is being courted as a producer

NO! Its his crap that Snyder is aping.
No.45605
rasputin_zero
>>45598
>There is actually very little to praise, because she is barely in the film, "brief" is actually a good descriptor. I am not sure how can anyone give a good solid opinion on her WW, other than "she looked good in costume".

On the other hand, it augurs well for the WW movie's prospects if her brief appearance was memorable and well-received by audiences, even that reception was built on a foundation of "OH SWEET FUCKING RELIEF THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT STOP."
No.45606
Anonymous
Replies:>>45610
>>45604
Yeah but that's more because Snyder is a crappy director in general. Nolan himself is overrated for sure but BvS would've been way less terrible if he was in the director seat and Snyder was just the cinematographer and producer.
No.45607
Anonymous
>>45598
On the other hand the fact that she didn't immediately stand out as terrible despite her sparse resume is a good sign, and the positive reception to her in this film is a good way to build legitimate hype for her solo film.
No.45608
Anonymous
>>45594
>If his twitter is to be belived, he injoyed it.
AngryJoe is delusional at this point.
No.45609
Anonymous
>>45594
Well he did think Man of Steel was awesome so who the hell knows what's up with him.
No.45610
Anonymous
Replies:>>45612
>>45606
Bullshit, Nolan had already amply demonstrated that he hadn't got a clue what actually makes up the core odd the characters involved. He's a good director as long as he's not trying to work towards a specific character.
No.45611
Anonymous
>>45608

Poor man. DC broke him.
No.45612
Jumpman
Replies:>>45613
>>45610
Nolan understand these characters better than you think. Batman never killed senselessly under his watch and Superman wouldn't have either, as Nolan told Snyder and Goyer not to go through with the neck snapping in Man of Steel.

>In the original version of the script, he just got zapped into the Phantom Zone. David [S. Goyer] and I had long talked about it, and Chris [Nolan] and I talked long about it. And I was like, “I really think he should kill Zod, and I really feel like Superman should kill him.”

>This account is backed up by Goyer, who, in the same podcast, said that Nolan told them there was no way they could have that ending. He flat out told them not to write it.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-brief-history-of-zack-snyder-defending-the-end-of-man-1763888746
No.45613
Anonymous
>>45612
>Batman never killed senselessly under his watch

How about all those ninjas that were his buddies in the nepalese ninja academy?
No.45614
Anonymous
Damn, the RT score is actually going down
No.45615
Anonymous
Don't think anything will bring it above fifty. Just such a baffling thing. Reviews for first said the problem was that it was making Superman so dour that killed it.

Second one. Just double the scoops and dump brooding and doubt all over the pile.

Superman and Batman work as a CONTRAST same as the cities they protect. You screw that up then you've lost everything.
No.45616
Anonymous
http://www.avclub.com/article/if-darth-vader-can-destroy-cities-so-can-superman--234208

>I went, really? And I said, well, what about [Star Wars: Episode VII—The Force Awakens]? In Star Wars they destroy five planets with billions of people on them. That’s gotta be one of the highest death toll movies in history, the new Star Wars movie, if you just do the math.
No.45617
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45618
>>45616

Welp, that seals it for me: Zack Snyder legitimately hates Superman.
No.45618
Anonymous
Replies:>>45619
>>45617
I think the problem is that he is confused and thinks Superman is a villain.
No.45619
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45618

Same difference.
No.45620
Anonymous
>>45616
Snyder's such a twat. And now I'm remembering that time from SBFC 111 when Pat and some Marvel actor took the piss out of him for saying another stupid thing.
No.45621
Anonymous
Replies:>>45622
What I did really like:

The opening scene with Bruce's POV of the Supes Vs Zod fight, really sells his whole attitude in the movie.

In fact, pretty much everything about Affleck's Batman, barring a couple of LOLWUT moments, was brilliant. As expected, he was the best part of the movie.

New Batmobile rocks.

Cavill once again was pretty cool, and I wish Snyder would just let him be Superman.

Hmmm... that's it.

What I did really dislike:

Eisenberg's Luthor. So grating and annoying. Why we can't have one solid good live action movie Lex Luthor whereas there are tons of good Jokers, I have no idea.

That awful pee joke, holy shit.

Pacing was awful, the editing was a all over the place. I wonder if the longer R-Rated cut is going to feel less disjointed.

There are FOUR dream sequences in the film. Why.

The actual Batman Vs Superman fight breaks due an absolutely stupid, hokey, ridiculous reason.
Bruce's mom was also named "Martha", which apparently means Clark has to be a good boy .

The final fight with Doomsday was a mess, by the end I could barely understand what the hell was going on. Plus, even after growing all his bone spikes, they somehow still managed for him to not look like the Doomsday in the comics.

The worldbuilding towards the JLA was so incredibly forced and akward, in comparision it made Ironman 2 look natural and organic in its pushing for Avengers. The scene where you get to see the cameos literally serves no other purpose than showing you those cameos, and the movie has to screech to a halt for it. Worst part, it wastes one of the few vital scenes with Wonder Woman that should have been spent developing her at least a bit, but instead she is sitting in front of a screen with a blank expression on her face.

For all the hype, WW was an afterthougth, she is barely there. If you delete all her scenes, the movie doesn't suffer at all.

All in all I didn't hate the movie (in fact, plan to rewatch it during the weekend), and would put it above half of the Marvel films, but at the end it is a tremendous waste to potential, resources, and talent. The hype was simply too high, and I should have seen coming that Snyder wasn't the man capable of delivering on it.
No.45622
Anonymous
>>45621

Really they should have come together before the end of the film. Confont Luthor as a combined force and then he releases Doomsday on them. Who probably should have been Bizarro and not Doomsday.
No.45623
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45624
http://heroichollywood.com/zack-snyder-explains-batmans-methods-bvs/

WHY DOES HE INSIST ON DIGGING THE HOLE DEEPER
No.45624
Anonymous
Replies:>>45625
>>45623

>Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up (...) I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

Really?

>A little more like manslaughter than murder

REALLY?

>There’s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy’s machine gun

Miller himself has said that no, Batman doesn't kill the Mutant thug in that scene, he wounded him.

ZACK, DUDE, YOU KNOW MILLER'S PHONE NUMBER, YOU COULD HAVE ASKED HIM DIRECTLY.
No.45625
Anonymous
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wb-batman-v-superman-faces-high-expectations-1201729887/

800 Million projected to break even. Under a billion will consider it a failure.

>>45624

Batasshole of Manslaughter
No.45626
Anonymous
The Al-Queda didn't kill anybody in 9-11, guys.

They only intended to blow up the buildings, not the people inside.
Replies:>>45628
save file
image:145885405400.jpg(113kB , 1552x979 , 1458853798893.jpg)
http://superheronews.com/zack-snyder-looks-absolutely-crushed-by-poor-batman-v-superman-reviews/

Ah fuck. Those faces are soul crushing. Reminds me of Beyond Two Souls.
No.45628
Anonymous
Replies:>>45629
>>45627
I'd feel more pity for him if he didn't have a history of acting like a stuck-up douchebag over his movies.
No.45629
Anonymous
>>45628

Snyder got off too easy after MoS. Really hope this makes him understand a change in behavior is in order. Amy's face is tragic. Gadot looks embarrassed. Ben and Henry been here before Ben multiple times.
No.45630
Anonymous
Replies:>>45631
>>45629
From Daredevil to Batman. At least we know for sure it's not his fault this time seeing as people are saying he's one of the only good parts of the film.
No.45631
Anonymous
>>45630

He may have gone a bit too much BatGod but that can be remedy by bringing in some levity into the mix.

Maybe a Robin.
No.45632
Anonymous
Replies:>>45633
>>45629
Whatever happens, I hope they never let him near the director's seat for these kinds of movies ever again. He's not totally incapable of making OK movies, but not these. Please.
No.45633
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45636
>>45629

>Snyder got off too easy after MoS. Really hope this makes him understand a change in behavior is in order.

He should try to understand actual heroism and why people like superheroes. If he can’t, >>45632 has it right: don’t let him ever direct a superhero film ever again. (I really hope WB is scrambling to push Snyder off of Justice League.)
save file
image:145887357100.jpg(103kB , 680x453 , wonderwoman_large.jpg)
So, this is how the Amazons in the DC movieverse do look like.
No.45635
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45634

I'm okay with this.
No.45636
Anonymous
>>45633
He's stuck in the Watchmen mentality.
No.45638
Anonymous
>>45634
Boob cups aside not bad. This movie is almost definitely going to be better just because Snyder's not making it.
No.45639
T4 was here
>>45608
Your right, he did go nuts.
//youtube.com/watch?v=LMaIhAP7aeoyoutube thumb
Also James & Mike feat. a huge beard.
//youtube.com/watch?v=uTJyfNPWRuYyoutube thumb
No.45640
Anonymous
>>45639
oh jeez, Jimmy and Mike. Really hoped you would not have touched that hot potato.
save file
image:145890217500.jpg(82kB , 500x667 , 1429671457061.jpg)
>Doomsday kills Superman at the end
Pleaaaase for the love of god leave Superboy out of this. Especially emo Clex Superboy.
No.45642
Anonymous
>>45639
Joe why do you have those guys with you if you neither give them a good mic and you tell them what to say
No.45644
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUwyoutube thumb
Oh dear. And the RT score still keeps dropping.
No.45645
Anonymous
Replies:>>45647
>>45643
>WAY TOO SOON

Yes, absolutely, the death (not going to bother spoiler this because, holy shit Doomsday is in the movie and he fights Superman, come on) is pointless because he is a Superman that has been around for so little, the impact simply is not as potent as Snyder think it is. It isn't that I don't care for Superman, but I don't care yet enough for *THIS* Superman. Shit, I felt worse for Coulson's death in Avengers.
No.45646
T4 was here
Saw it.
Its a pretty but pointless fireworks display that sets fire to the houses of DC movieverse and comicfans.

Fun times!

My dad thought it had a dumb plot and that it dont got shit on Marvel.
No.45647
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45645

>It isn't that I don't care for Superman, but I don't care yet enough for *THIS* Superman.

And we'd probably care (more) if Snyder!Superman wasn’t such a fucking asshole.
No.45648
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://kotaku.com/what-we-liked-and-hated-about-batman-v-superman-1767082297

>For a lifelong fan like me, watching these characters get twisted into nigh-unrecognizable form is like torture. There’s no optimism here. Seeing “good” triumph over “evil” here is like watching a snuff friends where they kill the Superfriends.

This movie's gonna drop hard after opening weekend. (Hell, I’m legitimately hoping Zootopia can hold on to the top spot at the box office.)
No.45649
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45650
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen

>We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go, and we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?

Zack Snyder must never be allowed to direct, write, or otherwise work on another superhero film for the rest of his life.
Replies:>>45651
save file
image:145895231200.jpg(14kB , 400x320 , novakpalm.jpg)
>>45649

>The actor he wanted ended up becoming Lex Luthor instead.

>“I thought, if it were Jesse Eisenberg and he got out and he goes, ‘I’m Jimmy Olsen,’ you’d be like, oh my God, we’re gonna have Jimmy Olsen in the whole movie, right?’” Snyder says. “And then if he got shot, you’d just be like, ‘What!? You can’t do that.’”
>As Eisenberg thought out loud in rapid-fire bursts, Snyder watched the nervy, jangled young actor and started thinking of withdrawing the Jimmy Olsen offer. And after the 32-year-old actor left the meeting, Snyder turned to his wife: “I was like, ‘Wow, that guy is crazy… Debbie, what about Jesse as Lex?”

>At that point, they had were still interviewing actors about the Luthor role – most of them older, more imposing figures, such as Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston.

>“We talked about the usual suspects that you would imagine; any actor who has been bald, probably,” Synder says. “Bryan Cranston would have been great, right? And by the way, he’s an amazing actor. Can you imagine how different the movie would be?”

>Instead, they decided to take a chance and experiment with a younger, weirder, and more frenetic Lex. Eisenberg said yes, but that wasn’t his first impulse when it came to the Jimmy Olsen part.

Jesus christ. One, they should've stuck with the original plan of Eisenberg as Jimmy and Cranston as whoever as Luthor. Sometimes the safe boring route really is better. I mean, Marvel's had a surprising amount of success with risky castings, but that's because they have at least some people with a measure of competence running the whole thing.

Second, that's one of the stupidest ideas I ever heard. Fridging Jimmy. Fucking. Olsen. Cutting myself on all that edge.
No.45651
Anonymous
>>45650
So that's what Eisenberg meant by being the complete opposite. Also Gadot being Catwoman for most the film.

What would have been. Clark and his pal Jimmy. Both about the same age and fresh to the game.

Dammit Zack.
No.45652
Anonymous
That "The Death Star blew planets so it's okay if there were thousands of deaths in MoS" shit

That "Batman doesn't kill you, it just blows up the car you are in" crap

And now this.

Snyder has to be trolling on purpose.
No.45653
Jumpman
Saw the film today. Not as bad as most critics are saying, but that doesn't make it great. Much like Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman v Superman is just going through the motions. This did not need to be a near three-hour film. You could lose 45 minutes of footage and the "story" wouldn't suffer for it. Most critics have been pointing towards the third act as the worst, but honestly, that's where the movie decided to drop its guard and have a bit of fun. The Doomsday fight was a mess, sure, but having all the characters finally being on the same page gave the movie the much needed spark if needed, if only briefly. Batman's comment towards Superman's mom about being a friend of her son got a lot of laughs at my theater. The audience also went wild for Wonder Woman.

I don't really love or hate this film. I'm indifferent towards it and that's the worst feeling to have for a movie starring two comic book icons. Everyone else at my theater loved it, though. Applauds before and after the film. It's gonna be interesting to see how fan reaction will impact the movie's box office.
No.45654
Anonymous
Replies:>>45655
I saw it. Moderately pissed that nobody mentions how Mercy is introduced and then summarily killed by the Luthor cripple-bomb.

It is a dour, drab movie. Exhausting is a word I would use to describe it. I think Luthor is the only person who smiles during the entire thing. Frankly his scenes were a breath of much needed fresh air compared to everything else. I wouldn't say he was a good Lex Luthor but he made for a fun and interesting antagonist to pit Batman versus Superman, even if his motivations were a garbled mess.

There are some good elements and scenes in this twisted wreckage of a movie but I believe it earned its review score. This is a worse movie than Man of Steel in every aspect.
No.45655
Anonymous
>>45654
It's like how in MoS they intoduce Doc Hamilton only to kill him off.

WHY.
No.45656
Anonymous
Replies:>>45660
>>45655
Or how Jimmy Olsen has like 2 minutes of screen time before he's executed by terrorists.

>The audience also went wild for Wonder Woman.
Every time they showed her picture and hinted at her being Wondy or just the first time Gadot's on screen?
No.45657
Anonymous
Replies:>>45658
Did Wonder Woman show up at any time other than the end in her suit?
No.45658
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45657

From what I’ve read, she is Wonder Woman only during the Doomsday battle and Diana during all her other appearances.
No.45659
T4 was here
Replies:>>45661
>>45655
>It's like how in MoS they intoduce Doc Hamilton only to kill him off.
Wait did he not get sucked in to the Phantom Zone?
No.45660
Jumpman
>>45656
When she suited up for the Doomsday fight.
No.45661
Anonymous
Replies:>>45662
>>45659
I don't think he did, at least that isn't how it was presented in the film. The plan carrying the Phantom Zone thingamajig crashes into Zod's shit and then the portal opens, so Dr Hamilton had to survive that. That Colonel dude even brings back that "a good death" bit, so the implication is that he (and thus Hamilton too) died.
No.45662
Anonymous
>>45661
>The plan carrying
>Zod's shit

I won't ever, ever again post using my phone.
No.45665
Anonymous
Replies:>>45666
BvS would have been a better movie if they had made first a Batman solo movie and MoS 2.

agree/disagree?
No.45666
Anonymous
>>45665
Completely. BvS should've been saved as the DCCU's Avengers, followed by the Wonder Woman solo. Not sure where Suicide Squad would fit in, but I'm hoping it and WW save the DCCU from collapsing completely.
save file
image:145903009800.jpg(158kB , 741x601 , Spoiler image)
Okay my two cents on the "Bat-brand" before I go to bed.

First thought, good job ripping of the Phantom DC, real nice of you.

Secondly that he did NOT brand Lex at the end is bullshit and even more so if tat Joker dont have one or more as well.
Fucking Pussy...
No.45671
Jumpman
>"Aquaman is a character that a lot of people have made fun of over the years and I just think it's fun to actually show a really different, cool, badass side to this character, but at the same time, let's not forget to have fun with it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/aquaman/james-wan-promises-a-fun-aquaman-very-different-in-tone-to-batman-v-a132677
No.45672
Anonymous
Replies:>>45675
//youtube.com/watch?v=VGsrMaxx8N4youtube thumb
Red Letter Media throws in their two cents. Wonder if we're getting a Plinkett after all.
save file
image:145911271200.jpg(436kB , 774x1200 , Spoiler image)
BvS:DoJ Batman vs Normal Batman.
Thats the joke.
Replies:>>45676
save file
image:145911820800.jpg(206kB , 800x765 , DOWANT.jpg)
>>45672

>DC should just pull a Sony and just throw the characters at Marvel and say "SHUT UP, YOU MAKE THE MOVIE!"
>Suggest we'd get a movie based on the Marvel vs. DC comics

....I want.
No.45676
Anonymous
Replies:>>45677
>>45675
Ike Perlmutter's too much of a douchebag to let that happen.
No.45677
Anonymous
Replies:>>45678
>>45676
He's not in charge of the film division though. That's Feige and Alan Horn.
No.45678
Anonymous
>>45677

I do want to see what they can come up with now they've had their limiter removed.
No.45679
Anonymous
Replies:>>45682
I really hope that this can be kept below a Billion so Snyder can be removed if that one article holds true. Else he'll just keep making these to a Bay level consumption.Makes me kinda ill to think about that.
No.45682
Anonymous
Replies:>>45683
>>45679
Yeah. I want the DCCU to do well, but so long as they remain financial hits WB has no incentive to not stick to its awful status quo because the people in charge of it are idiots.
No.45683
Anonymous
>>45682

Marvel dodged the late 90s-00s era where they'd made Avengers into gloomy edgy schlock and likely ended the Superhero genre.

DC has a solid film series (well for the most part) in that era and then seeks to establish themselves in the new Era.

Yet their films feel they are stuck in that dreary era still. Even more they seem go back to the more violent films of the era.

Now we've got the defense that they've had a "successful" weekend even though it appears drop from day to day paces with Rises returns. They are using Preorder tickets to cover some of that drop off.

I really think that drop off will be massive this coming week.
No.45684
Anonymous
Replies:>>45685
You know, the moment when the movie lost me, was that scene with Superman almost in tears telling Lois that he feels the worlds doesn't let him be good. I am not exaggerating, for while I felt sick, like, why in hell did I pay to hear fucking Superman saying this depressing bullshit.

I am officially off Snyder's wild ride, not going to watch anything else involving the DCEU, at least not in theaters. For all their many, many faults, at least the Marvel movies don't make me feel like shit afterwards.
No.45685
Anonymous
Replies:>>45686
>>45684

This version of Ma and Pa Kent disgust me. They seem to have very little love and a very Nihilist outlook on the world and through that have made Clark a self doubting wreck.

While in another place and time.

//youtube.com/watch?v=PGlb1YKs3ugyoutube thumb

Pa still dies, but its impact is much different.

You know I could have gone along with this younger Lex. If he somehow had visions or something so that he could see the "Pre-Crisis" version of Superman.

Be much like Harrison Wells from season one the current Flash. He wants Superman to be great he wants that embodiment of all that is right with the world, because what's it worth if he cannot defeat the best version of the Man of Steel.
No.45686
Anonymous
Replies:>>45687
>>45685

Ma Kent is not that bad. Yes, her words to Supes were a bit harsh and could easily be misconstructed as "fuck them", but it was basically "save them because you feel like doing it is the right thing, not because you owe them crap"

Now Pa... dang, that scene in the snow was Snyder trying to come up for a reason for Pa's psychotic behavior towards his son, but if anything made me think the guy is even worse in the head than before.
No.45687
Anonymous
>>45686

That's a fine lesson but their attitudes toward Clark don't seem to bolster that into a positive philosophy that would make him the moral compass by which all the rest of the league check their actions.

I'm kinda scared of a League founded by Batman and Wonder Woman alone. From what's been seen it would be a kinda violent secret police rather than an watchful guardian.

Sure it would be an interesting elseworlds one off mini series. But I don't want that as the image a generation sees the league and their heroes by. Young Justice was bad enough with that bullshit.
No.45688
Anonymous
Snyder plans to make Superman a villain, this is clear to me.

Darkseid is going to bring him back from death, and turn him into a lackey.
No.45689
Anonymous
>>45688
Snyder must be stopped at all cost.
No.45690
Anonymous
I'm torn. On the one hand I wanna see this movie so I can laugh at all the ridiculous things my friends tell me about it, like Baby Bruce Bats, the dreams, Lex, and the Two Marthas. On the other hand I don't want to risk giving this movie any more money than it already has in case it keeps Snyder in the director's seat, even if it does turn out that I actually manage to enjoy this one film.
No.45691
Anonymous
>>45688
But Krypton's face-changing robots are right there and looking so cool!
No.45692
Anonymous
Replies:>>45693
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2016/03/28/batman-v-superman-sets-record-with-worst-friday-sunday-drop-for-superhero-pics/
Hmm. Looks like the bad press is having an impact.
No.45693
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45692

Not as much as the film’s quality likely had on potential repeat viewings over the weekend.
No.45694
Anonymous
http://www.newsarama.com/28592-aquaman-director-aims-for-swashbuckling-sea-monsters-more.html
This film will probably be shit or shelved but it sounds like what I want out of an Aquaman movie. Swashbuckling and sea monsters. That's not impossible to fuck up though.
No.45695
Anonymous
>>45694

The problem with the Aquaman movie, I feel, is Jason Momoa. I mean he has an impressive physique, but I think you kinda need more than a stellar bod to carry your own movie.

I don't know. The last Aquaman I ever liked was OUTRAGEOUS!Aquaman, I've never been a fan of the Namor-lite attempts at revamping him into a "serious" character.
No.45696
Anonymous
>>45694
It doesn't need to be jokey like the Marvel movies to be fun. It just needs to have that high-octane hamminess and sense of adventure that was missing from BvPretentiouS.
No.45697
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45696

In other words, it needs to not be up its own ass about being "a serious film for serious filmgoing adults who want serious seriousness".
No.45698
Anonymous
>>45696
It'll be fine if it's serious as long as it's not pretentious like you said. Captain America Winter Soldier was serious and thought provoking but people liked it because it didn't feel full of itself like BvS which would still be dumb even if they added more jokes and silliness.
save file
image:145929333200.jpg(91kB , 700x327 , Topo-Arrow.jpg)
If the Aquaman Movie dont have Topo in some form I will be so pissed!
Replies:>>45701
save file
image:145929339800.jpg(1.27MB , 1984x1840 , Topo_-_New_52.jpg)
>>45699
And I do mean ANY form!
No.45701
Anonymous
Replies:>>45702
>>45700
>>45699
Watch. We won't get Too but it will have Jason Momoa throwing a Polar Bear.

Oh god, if only.
No.45702
Anonymous
>>45701
No.45708
Anonymous
http://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-smith-batman-v-superman-2/

Kevin Smith seems to think they missed the core of the heroes in this one as well.

I hope it wasn't Affleck rewriting parts making it worse and just the overall script being garbage. Because I want good hero films coming out of DC.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/30/11331260/hans-zimmer-retiring-superhero-scores-batman-v-superman

And maybe a bit more originality in the soundtracks.
No.45710
Anonymous
Replies:>>45713
>>45708
It saddens me because I think DC has properties that could make for fun movies if they had competent people in charge. I would kill for a Doom Patrol movie.
No.45712
Anonymous
>>45708
>I hope it wasn't Affleck rewriting parts making it worse
The odds of that are slim to none.
No.45713
Anonymous
>>45710

Girl Meets World gets more right when having a discussion about Dark Knight Returns. Ironic in that bit.

But yea whole list of characters I want to see in films or better budgeted TV. Plastic Man would be great, for TV. or Ralph and Sue Detective show or a Blue and Gold one.
No.45714
Anonymous
>>45713
Ugh knowing WB they'll probably put Doctor Light front and center.
No.45715
Anonymous
Replies:>>45716
>>45713
>or Ralph and Sue Detective show

I still hold out hope for the episode of the Flash where Ralph Dibny finally snaps back into human shape.

Including him in the particle accelerator dead list was a mistake.
No.45716
Anonymous
>>45715
Same. Him and Bea DeCosta.
I would love Barry and Ralph teaming up.

Also, if that one office show featuring lesser known characters takes off, I can see Blue and Gold there.
No.45717
Anonymous
Replies:>>45722
http://screencrush.com/suicide-squad-reshoots-fun/

Welp.

>All the jokes in the movie were in the trailer.

Wow hope they remember to match shit properly. Else they'll get that slightly off look some films get in reshoots.
No.45722
Anonymous
>>45717
Ugh, Suicide Squad might've been the kind of movie that didn't actually need humor to work and the new scenes will just screw it up.
The problem with Batman v Superman wasn't necessarily that it was serious and without much humor. The Nolanbats films managed to get by. It's just that Snyder is a crappy director who's too full of himself. Stop learning the wrong lessons from everything OK, DC head guys?
No.45723
Anonymous
Replies:>>45725
One thing that bothers me immensely about BvS, is that presents a world where nobody seems to trust Superman. No, I don't count those people who see him as a divine messiah from the heavens. Besides his mom and the GF, at no point it appears that there are people who just think it's pretty damn awesome to have Superman around. The most painful example was how Superman was just seconds away from dealing with Doomsday, and then the goverment literally blew it up.

Also, as a friend pointed out after watching the movie, once the Doomsday fight starts, the trinity makes no attempt to coordinate their actions. Like, there was no need for Superman to be the one weilding the kryptonite spear, as WW probably actually knows how to fight with such weapon. Furthermore, going with what's shown onscreen, there wasn't even a NEED for the damn spear. WW sliced off one of Doomsday's arms, and it doesn't actually regenerate, it simply seals off the wound with bone growth. You can hurt and potentially disable this Doomsday.
No.45724
Slowmobile
Replies:>>45726
I did not go to see BvS because why would you go to see a ZS movie, you know exactly what it's going to be
No.45725
Anonymous
>>45723
Looked like it was regenerating to me, just slowly by extruding more spikes first.

Also, while throwing away and getting back the spear was a bit of a time-waste, I do like to think of Lois doing that because she realised that sitting next to a big 'ol chunk of radioactive rock can't be healthy for anyone, and that puting it underwater is actually a pretty good method of sheilding, groundwater contamination issues aside.
No.45726
Anonymous
>>45724
if you watches the Superman Animated Series Batman introduction you already watched a better version of all of this anyway.
No.45727
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45728
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/04/02/box-office-batman-v-superman-plunges-record-81-for-15-35m-friday/#3891d27935dc

>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice just broke a record for the biggest Friday-to-Friday drop for a major comic book movie. We can talk all we want about how the movie is more appreciated by the fans or its passionate online fan base than by the critics. But if this second Friday (and likely second weekend) figure is any indication, the majority of the general populace no longer cares. It’s neither a passionate embrace nor vitriolic hatred, but merely indifference. Yes, we’re still talking about a $15.35 million second Friday and a $50m+ second weekend, but in terms of legs, this film doesn’t seem to have any.

It’s official: BvS is the shitpile all the critics said it is.
No.45728
rasputin_zero
>>45727
I was rather baffled by how huge the movie's opening weekend was, but it looks like the "enthusiast audience" all turned up for the first four days and none of that enthusiasm rubbed off on the rest of the general public.

It goes to show how hard WB shit the bed on this. Fanboys alone contributed to one of the largest opening weekends in the history of cinema, and instead of building on this clear groundswell of love for the characters, they instead subjected them to two-and-a-half hours of abuse and perhaps permanently harmed their ability to repeat opening weekends like this.
No.45730
Anonymous
>>45728
Comicbooks do the exact same thing most of the time, anyone who still buys Marvel/DC is pretty much a battered spouse.
No.45731
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45732
>>45728

The fanboy/“enthusiast” audience will show up for Suicide Squad and whatever comes next from DC because they're fanboys. The trick lies in getting the “casual” audience—people who don’t follow the comics or have a fanboyish brand loyalty—to show up for whatever’s next. BvS got the big opening weekend because it was a holiday weekend and it had two hugely recognizable characters in it. The dropoff happened because the film didn’t connect with “casual” audiences on the scale WB thought(/hoped) it would, whether it’s because of the film’s tone or its narrative incoherence or whatever other reason.

WB will take BvS’s critical thrashing and box office performance into account going forward. I kinda hope they don’t start aping Marvel’s formula, though. It would be nice to see them do small-scale/“street level” stuff like, say, Daredevil or Jessica Jones with their future films—y’know, movies with lower-level stakes that are still action-packed. If they want to compete with Marvel, they should figure out what Marvel isn’t doing with its films and go hard in that direction. Fill the void left by the competition and you stand to make more money. (I’d imagine that’s part of the reason why BvS had a strong opening weekend: its “serious” tone is a stark contrast to the somewhat more “upbeat” tone of Marvel’s more recent films.)
No.45732
Anonymous
Replies:>>45734
>>45731
The problem is that WB attempted to do both, to do something different, while at the same time half-assedly trying to imitate the whole Marvel formula by pulling a shared universe without any sort of build up. Either go entirely in your own direction or follow the lead, such half measure was bound to fail.
No.45733
Anonymous
Replies:>>45735
>>45728
>I was rather baffled by how huge the movie's opening weekend was

It's a big budget action movie with Superman, Batman, and the Wonder Woman. Barring an act of god, there was no way such a movie wouldn't open strong.
No.45734
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45735
>>45732

The Justice League trailers scene and the Knightmare sequence could both be cut out of BvS without affecting the film's narrative. That level of laziness didn't help BvS, but it didn’t necessarily hurt the film, either.
No.45735
Anonymous
>>45733
it opened simultaneously on the international market which was part of the early boom.

>>45734
Still find is strange that a movie that spent a year in post had as many narrative problems as it did. Though according to Snyder they shot four hours or more of film so maybe it just took a year to weed him down to the two thirty mark on this edition.
No.45737
Anonymous
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/02/batman-v-superman-breaks-new-record-and-its-not-a-good-one

Making about the same as it was on Monday. Ouch.
No.45738
Anonymous
I know I'm a little late to the party here, but can we bitch some about the shit casting of Ezra Miller as the flash?
No.45739
Anonymous
Replies:>>45743
>>45738
I like him.
No.45740
Anonymous
Replies:>>45742
>>45738
Was another of those poor bastards that Snyder had in for another role and then went "nah let's go with this one"

Also, hey look it's a project with the guys that should be running the DC Cinematic Universe.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x41nkfy

They have no question as to how Batman should be portrayed, they just know. Which is part of the reason he needs the line he doesn't cross. Hell it's the reason they both do. To further the "one bad day" ideology and as DC and Warner Bros should want give the reason why Superman and Batman are the standards by which others check their behaviour.
No.45742
Anonymous
>>45740

I don't know how people aren't just sick of Batman media at this point. I long ago passed the threshold for batman media after the second Arkham game.
No.45743
Anonymous
Replies:>>45744
>>45739
I mean, it'd be great if the DC universe could be consistent and keep Gustin but after this, I'm glad they're not tainting the CWverse.
No.45744
Anonymous
>>45743
My fear was this doing so well they just nuke the CW Shows as being a uneeded expenditure. No worry of that now which is a good and bad thing. But hey Supergirl seems to be getting to where it needs to go with itself. I like a Kat.
No.45746
Anonymous
Replies:>>45747
What I find funny about Batman's characterization in BvS is that Snyder keeps defending it using TDKR, which makes me think he simply skimmed though the pages to see the pretty pictures and didn't actually read the comic. Batman didn't kill anyone in the comic, and certainly did not plan to kill Superman. Snyder even cites that scene with the Mutant thug and the kidnapped kid, which proves my point as had he read the comic he would realized how ambiguous that part is, and how the comic further develops points at Batman not having killed anyone.
No.45747
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45746

It tells me that Snyder took more of an interest in the “tangible details” of TDKR rather than delve into what made the story work the way it did.
No.45748
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45749
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/superman-inside-story-director-richard-879894

>Tom says, “You’re crazy. Get the f— away from me!” I said, “Tom, listen. You’ve got to read this.” I gave him all my feelings about what we should do. I said, “The most important thing when you look at it is this: Make a love story. And prove a man can fly.” So he read it and he called me that night and said, “You know, there’s a lot we can do with this.”
No.45749
Anonymous
>>45748
That's some good shit. Though that last bit is heartbreaking "You are no longer needed"
No.45750
Anonymous
Replies:>>45751
>I was brought up on Superman as a kid. There was a whole point in my life where I read Superman. So when I was finished with it, I was like, “Man, if they make this movie, they are destroying the legend of Superman.” I wanted to do it just to defend him.

You are the hero we need, Mr. Donner.
No.45751
Anonymous
Replies:>>45754
>>45750
Could he save Superman?
No.45755
Anonymous
Replies:>>45756
Really dreading this turning into Transformers.

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/03/warner-bros-downplays-batman-v-supermans-big-second-week-drop/

Warner Bros keep pushing these out without any rules to quality.
No.45756
Anonymous
Replies:>>45758
>>45755
They really need some sort of Feige like overseer(s) or something similar in charge of it. Long as they're not Tom Rothman level of colossally stupid, a single flawed individual to supervise the franchise and possibly learn from mistakes is less likely to repeatedly fuck up than throwing the whole kitchen sink with some successes and a whole lot of garbage to taint it all.
No.45758
Anonymous
>>45756
Which is why everyone is dreading Snyder still being in control. Since all appearances he's learned nothing.
No.45760
Jumpman
No.45761
Anonymous
Still really pissed what they did to Mercy Graves. If Snyder cast her because he liked her in The Wolverine then why go through all this trouble if he's just going to kill her off like that? And for a stupid ass reason too. Same with Jimmy Olsen.
save file
image:145989013500.jpg(255kB , 1000x739 , Dual+Crossover+Posters.jpg)
Hope they keep doing these.
No.45763
Anonymous
>>45762
These guys actually seem to care about the characters they're adapting, compared to the DCCU guys who are just throwing everything out there without much real strategy.
No.45764
Anonymous
>>45762
They're doing Earth 2 Black Canary! And Alan Scott is in the season finale of Legends of Tomorrow! And the whole Jay situation is going to be explained when Flash comes back!

Our TV overlords are generous!
No.45765
Anonymous
Outside of Arrow which is till hung up on the earlier mandates and their problems running into DCCU grabs that trashed some of their season arcs. I hope they can recover from those stumbles and get Ollie his chilli and other quirks.
No.45766
Anonymous
https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/batman-v-superman-spoiler-special-with-zack-snyder-charles-roven-deborah-snyder

>"I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility..."
>"... more than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other..."

Ah Snyder, you really are out of your element.

Doesn't understand at all.
No.45767
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45766

JFC, Snyder. Get out while you can.
No.45768
Anonymous
Replies:>>45769
>>45766
Oh boy.
No.45769
Anonymous
Replies:>>45770
>>45768
Yea so good luck having any coherent League scenes since Snyder cannot handle the heroes around a table having a serious discussion.
No.45770
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45769

Or heroes fighting as an actual coordinated unit, if you take BvS’s Trinity vs. Doomsday fight into account.
No.45771
Anonymous
And there are plenty of people who still defend the shithead. Unbelivable.
No.45773
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45774
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-mulls-releasing-films-881265

So this is the lesson WB apparently took away from BvS.

[headdesking intensifies]
No.45774
Anonymous
>>45773
Man that clearly has a dislike for Superheros and doesn't understand then at all is going to be kept on their next big film. As they say its going to get worse before it gets better.
Replies:>>45776
save file
image:145997155900.jpg(67kB , 960x720 , 12417546_1045077132225414_1391501968367488374_n.jpg)
Now this is something I can get hyped for!
No.45776
Anonymous
Replies:>>45777
>>45775
Come on Guest Starring Spoony as the Spaz Lex.

I know they parted ways long ago. But he's the only one with the energy to do it.
No.45777
T4 was here
Replies:>>45779
>>45776
Well he has guest stared after the brake before...
I just cant remember when...
No.45779
T4 was here
Replies:>>45821
>>45777
FOUND IT!
http://channelawesome.com/nostalgia-critic-planet-of-the-apes/
Was bugging the shit out of me.
OH FUCK, Its past my bed time and I got work tomorro.
shit shit shit
No.45821
Snes !v68zTeBMI.
>>45779
Also here: http://channelawesome.com/nostalgia-critic-bloodrayne/
No.45822
Anonymous
Replies:>>45823
And now it got beat out by a McCarthy movie. Damn.

//youtube.com/watch?v=ta9To-tNEPoyoutube thumb

And yea while one knows CGI is needed for some things nowadays. The amount in some of these scenes. Just makes me kinda sad.
No.45823
Anonymous
Replies:>>45824
>>45822
One which is significantly worse than it. While it's nowhere as enjoyable as Pacific Rim and The Boss isn't quite Grown-Ups 2 level of terrible I still kinda feel bad for it.
No.45824
Anonymous
>>45823
The boss is basically a fifteen year old sketch script someone thought was a good idea to do now. Instead of you know when Martha Stewart in Prison was a topical thing.

Which makes it a bigger bummer IMO.
No.45825
Anonymous
Replies:>>45826
It seems entirely possible that BvS won't reach the 900 million mark. Hell, next weekend The Jungle Book is going to wreck it.

A movie with three veritable American pop culture icons, making 500 million less than Avengers AoU, a movie full to the brim with characters than less than a decade a go were nobodies. Unbelivable.
No.45826
Anonymous
>>45825

Well critics and the public keep telling them they aren't doing Superman right and you've got a director that doesn't like them interacting in costume.

Its an uphill slog and never going to become what they want it to be if they allow things to continue.
No.45827
Anonymous
Now don't let me bring the party down further

but apparently WB/DC were considering, prior to the launch of Snydergeddon a few years ago, letting George Miller make a justice league movie
No.45828
Anonymous
Replies:>>45830
>>45827
Considering? It was fully casted and basically reading to start filming until it got nailed by production problems.
No.45829
Anonymous
>>45827
That's older than raptor jesus
No.45830
Anonymous
>>45828
Honestly the cast for it sounded really iffy, though I liked that they were pretty much everyone into it. Armie Hammer as Batman? I don't know about that.
No.45834
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=twjaVkqQrwkyoutube thumb
New Suicide Squad trailer. The news about reshoots to add humor worries me, but if this is from the old shots then it's still fairly pretty solid.
save file
image:146056393800.jpg(782kB , 1280x1665 , tumblr_mz59dz4bjC1tp6rxbo1_1280.jpg)
So Benny got his solo Batmovie confirmed. I'd like to see it be original instead of aping something from the comics. But have him watch BTAS and talk with Bruce Timm and Paul Dini to get an understanding of the best tone for Batman. Dramatically serious not edgy up its ass serious.
No.45851
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=F3VSH9gqcPcyoutube thumb

More I hear about Leto and his zany antics, less I care to see his Joker.
Replies:>>45854
save file
image:146059519000.gif(1.57MB , 300x200 , 1336916962480.gif)
>>45851
You mean they weren't memeing about that shit? Well OK then.
No.45854
Anonymous
>>45852

If it was funny then it would be different. This all seems to be just a Joker who is "Twisted" and I really don't care for that line of Joker.
No.45855
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45851

There’s “tryhard”, and then there’s Jared Leto.
No.45858
Anonymous
Replies:>>45859
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/13/suicide-squad-a-dead-pig-wasnt-the-only-gross-gift-jared-leto-sent-his-co-stars

Getting the feeling a lot of people will want to see this Joker. But maybe not for the reasons they really want people to.
No.45859
Anonymous
>>45858
I think his performance will actually be pretty good, offscreen behavior aside.
save file
image:146072695400.png(313kB , 534x572 , 1460668965756.png)
>all these professional reviewers having to point out that no, they were not bribed by Marvel Studios to say that they liked the new Cap movie and that many of them actually stuck up for Batman v Superman when they covered it

Maybe instead of defending shitty movies and pretending they're good the crazy fans should be doubling down on going after the shitty directors responsible for making said movies shit and getting them the fuck out of the DCCU. Batman and Superman fans should be twice as pissed as anyone else at Snyder for fucking them up so bad. I know I am.
Although now that I think about it BvS setting the bar this low might mean future DC movies actually get reviewed a lot higher in the future. Even if Suicide Squad ends up being merely competent I still expect it to do well with the critics for having the accomplishment of not being as moronic as BvS was.
No.45872
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45865

>that image

On the bright side, BvS has a better score than the actual 1994 film Blankman.
save file
image:146081261300.jpg(51kB , 744x197 , cw tumblr_o5onl9TI2X1r4li6zo1_1280.jpg)
>>45865
Too add even more salt.

Yea, I know its to early to count for real but that dont make it any fun.
No.45875
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45876
>>45874

Now that’s comedy.
No.45876
Anonymous
Replies:>>45877
>>45875
I've seen that thing used as a copypasta at 4chan's /tv/.

What the BvS whiteknights never seen to explain is, if their DUMB PEOPLE WANT MARVEL argument was right, then why the Nolanbats movies were both box office and critical successes?
No.45877
T4 was here
>>45876
I dunno.
Maybe ask it podcast, they have a guy with the same argument.
http://btte.libsyn.com/episode-258-batsy-v-supes
No.45878
Anonymous
>>45874
>the masses can't comprehend Snyder's masterfully crafted Biblical symbolism
Ahaha oh jesus, one of the more common complaints about the movie I've seen was that Snyder laid it on way too fucking thick. If anything he needed to be less fucking obvious.
No.45879
Anonymous
Replies:>>45882
Fuck, that is some acrobatic denial.
Should someone mention that Sucker Punch was a thing? A thing directed by their Messiah and pretty much universally panned?
save file
image:146086742300.png(50kB , 1079x473 , bvstalk.png)
For something a little more funny in the regular way. Not sure which is the more appropriate thread for this actually.

Though apparently IMDB trolls are pouring out of the woodworks. What is it about that film that brings out the crazies? Because it sure as hell isn't longtime Snyder fanboys.
No.45881
F-ing
>>45880
It seems to be more blowback against Marvel than it is support for DC.
No.45882
Anonymous
>>45879
>Should someone mention that Sucker Punch was a thing?

Don't forget to mention that dumb owl movie he did.

>>45880
>that pic
>YOUR CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Gents, we have reached consolewars-level US VS THEM mindset, that very same terryfying and misguided sense of delusional loyalty.
save file
image:146087852000.jpg(172kB , 1024x660 , 1460877747518.jpg)
Glorious
No.45884
Anonymous
Replies:>>45885
>>45882
Comic company exclusionary fanboyism has been around for years before Console Wars even existed.

It's just getting carried forward to the movies by the same kind of idiot that picks fights over which company is better.
No.45885
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45889
>>45884

Capeshit Cola Wars are the worst thing.
No.45886
Anonymous
Replies:>>45888
>>45882
It's a joke. They're parodying the dialogue at the beginning of the first Batman v Superman trailer.
No.45888
Anonymous
>>45886

Shhh, Anon, don't interrupt them when their full of righteous indignation.
No.45889
Anonymous
Replies:>>45890
>>45885

Something I never wanted. I just wanted them to be good dammit. But we got a director who doesn't understand nor seems to even like Superheros. Especially Superman.
No.45890
Anonymous
Replies:>>45891
>>45889
Same. I hope the other directors do a good enough job that this ends up more like Fox where you've got a mixed bag of good ones and bad ones but not enough to sour the whole thing because everything I hear about the WB higher-ups' long term strategy tells me they just don't understand how dumb they're being.
No.45891
Anonymous
>>45890
They are working from the wrong direction. Marvel and LucasArts both had groups that tracked and prepared the paths their projects followed. Disney came in after they purchased but didn't restructure things save some bits of story that would have been difficult to carry but added to what was already working.

Fox not as lucky but lucked out with a couple of directors that really get it. They'd be served by putting who ever was in charge of the Deadpool marketing and its director and producers in a more central role. Not only doing it well but in an awesome tight budget.
No.45905
T4 was here
Replies:>>45915
http://channelawesome.com/batman-v-superman-nostalgia-critic/
Its out!(for free)
No.45915
Anonymous
>>45905
Hah, holy shit I didn't even realize the Nuclear Man connection until now.
No.45931
Anonymous
Replies:>>45932
http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-cast-willem-dafoe/
A few days late but that's interesting. First JK Simmons, now Dafoe. The DCCU really seems to like its Raimi Spider-Man actors. Let's hope they get writing worth their time.
Meanwhile Marvel/Sony tried to get Michael Keaton Bats for their new Spider-Man movie but that didn't go very far. Maybe they'll end up using someone from the Nolan trilogy.
No.45932
Anonymous
Replies:>>45934
>>45931
They say he's going to be Plastic Man. I have concerns. Not that he won't be good but the tone I think will continue to be pretty dark. Man who can turn into anything is a scary creature to let loose.
No.45934
Anonymous
Replies:>>45936
>>45932
Hey, Frank put him in Dark Knight Strikes Again so I guess he's not too silly for them to use after all.
No.45935
Anonymous
>>45933
Got a cassette of the Soundtrack around somewhere. Gonna have to get it out.
save file
image:146135491600.jpg(203kB , 483x750 , tumblr_ls7hx69yPl1qzekceo1_500-1.jpg)
>>45934

Well yea unleashed Plas can be nightmare fuel.
No.45938
Anonymous
Replies:>>45939
I love Pas, but people overhype him too much. Yes, technically you can't destroy Plas, but that doesn't mean he can't be beaten, extreme heat or cold has been shown to be very effective against him.

>but Fernus

He was the only hope against Fernus because he was the only one that couldn't be affected by telepathy, not because he was much more powerful than Superman or Flash.
No.45939
Anonymous
>>45938
Yeah i'm sick of that sort of character shilling, its one thing to "subvert expectations" by having the superficially goofy seeming character actually be super dangerous but then they go and take things too far and it snowballs into alot of power creep nonsense.
No.45940
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=VmGXN92wBiYyoutube thumb

Better just to play him for laughs.

Crud, Warner Bros DC is getting the idea "Hey lets introduce some of the less well known heroes, its worked for Marvel". But missing the reason it worked.
save file
image:146143457400.gif(3.89MB , 346x160 , 1461432819434.gif)
No.45950
Anonymous
>>45948
So that's what Batman looks like when he pisses himself. This is why you learn martial arts Bruce.
No.45952
Anonymous
Replies:>>45983
>>45948
Yep, that is exactly the kind of look MurderMan would give you. Good christ, Snyder.
No.45983
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45952

http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder

>I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.”
No.45985
Anonymous
>>45983
Snyder is a worthless human being
No.45986
Anonymous
>>45983
I can't believe he actually said that word for word and you weren't just paraphrasing.
No.45988
Anonymous
Replies:>>45991
>>45983
Jesus christ why does WB still let him work on their movies when he says shit like this.
No.45991
Anonymous
Replies:>>45992
>>45988
Well, that interview's from what, 2008? Back then that was the big hit with Comic book movies. Shit like The Dark Knight and what they thought, Watchmen.

They probably encouraged him to say it.
No.45992
Anonymous
Replies:>>45994
>>45991
Seeing the kind of stuff he still says about capeshit and his casual disdain for costumed heroes as anything but 'goofy' its likely straight from his heart.

I mean look at what he did to Jimmy Olsen and how he considers it 'a bit of fun'.
No.45994
Anonymous
>>45992
I'm increasingly worried about JL since he's going to have do deal with twice as many people in costumes interacting.

So either he'll learn to cope or this will fall apart into a even bigger mess than the last one.
No.46023
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>If the DC movieverse is truly filmmaker-driven, why remove choices from future filmmakers? And why do it in such a cavalier way that doesn't even offer a character or an emotional beat?

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/29/what-the-death-of-jimmy-olsen-really-means-for-the-dc-movies
No.46025
Anonymous
Replies:>>46027
>>46023
Zack Snyder is an idiot and so is whoever keeps giving him a job at WB.
No.46027
Anonymous
>>46025
He's the center of this whole damn thing with their production company in charge. Shits looking pretty fucked up.
No.46028
T4 was here
Replies:>>46029
>>46023
Good thing DC are the masters of retcons.
Right?
No.46029
Anonymous
Replies:>>46030
>>46028
We're now on Reboot Three with their films (Five with Batman maybe*?* and Returns counted no matter how they parse it)
No.46030
T4 was here
>>46029
I said retcon not reboot.
"What? No that was not Jimmy Olsen, no one in the movie said his name so here he is!"
No.46031
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46030

I’ve heard that they actually do identify him in the R-rated cut. (And God, I feel skeevy every time I remember that there’s going to be an R-rated cut of a Superman movie.)
No.46032
Anonymous
>>46030
>no one in the movie said his name

The guy appears as Jimmy in the credits.
No.46065
Anonymous
http://www.thewrap.com/supergirl-renewal-drama-talks-center-on-possible-jump-to-cw-budget-cuts-exclusive/

>Supergirl renew in question, may move to CW

Yea knew this would happen. Just too far outside their comfort zone.
No.46070
Jumpman
Replies:>>46072
>"I always had a really hard time getting into Superman as a kid," Joe Russo admitted. "There just wasn’t a lot of vulnerability there for me. I loved Batman. He’s the one DC character I really loved. I found that Martian Manhunter was the Martian Superman. Wonder Woman was the female Superman. There was repetitiveness in their characters."

http://uproxx.com/movies/russo-brothers-captain-america-civil-war/
No.46071
Anonymous
>>46065
That's bullshit, she's a way better Superman than the movie one.
No.46072
Anonymous
>>46070
So it's kinda confirmed Perlmutter was shitting things up from within then.
No.46081
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
Replies:>>46082
>>46065

I mean. It doesn't help that the show is kind of shit.
No.46082
Anonymous
>>46081

Yea. Its a shame since they've done good getting the lore into the show. Just some of the plot and setups are not as good.

I mean we've got the Dwarf Star Key, Fortress Robots and the Signal Watch. And for as little as Superman has actually appeared he's more Superman than the movie version.
No.46096
Jumpman
I really is impossible to talk about Batman v Superman and Civil War without comparing the two. Both films had stronger similarities than previously imagined. From the international conflict that kick starts it all to the millionaire playboys calling out for mom. And like so many have said, all the themes BvS tried to juggle were handled so seamlessly in Civil War.

The most telling difference between the two was the surprise bomber scene, where one film treated the tragedy with sophistication, while the other had a piss jar.
save file
image:146292077700.jpg(92kB , 705x565 , CiH-r-AUUAEyjbd (1).jpg)
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/wonder-woman-director-shares-a-new-image-of-gal-gadot-in-costume-a141516
No.46118
Anonymous
Replies:>>46120
Here's hoping that this will be for WW what First Avenger was for Captain America.
No.46120
Anonymous
Replies:>>46125
>>46118
A movie that started off excellent but took a nosedive in quality towards the end in order to rush the character towards the next big crossover movie?
save file
image:146295538700.jpg(56kB , 800x450 , IDontKnowHowFilmCriticismWorks.jpg)
https://www.change.org/p/rotten-tomatoes-stop-disney-from-paying-critics?recruiter=538942757&utm_source=petition_show&utm_medium=copylink

This is just sad, guys, come on.
No.46122
Anonymous
>>46121
Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams!
No.46125
Anonymous
>>46120
>A movie that started off excellent but took a nosedive in quality towards the end in order to rush the character towards the next big crossover movie?
First Avenger owned
save file
image:146297934300.jpg(1,014kB , 1500x3000 , 1462806241488.jpg)
Perfect time for me to post this.
Replies:>>46139
save file
image:146297977300.jpg(1.06MB , 1500x3000 , Spoiler image)
>46128
>46129
>46130
>46131
>46132
>46133
That's all I have.
No.46135
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
And yet, all the lazy and obvious symbolism in the world can't make it any deeper than a puddle of more interesting than a hay bale.

>>46121

Oh lord, that's pathetic.
No.46139
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46128 >>46129 >>46130 >>46131 >>46132 >>46133 >>46134

I think I’m legitimately dumber for having read this. Also, fuck the “kino” meme. Also also, fuck /tv/.
No.46140
Anonymous
/tv/ has the uncanny tendency of taking their memes way, way too seriously. I mean, the board still sees baneposting on a regular basis, after all these years.

I don't expecy this "Capekino" idiocy to die down any time soon, not until Cameron starts pushing Avatar 2 for real.
No.46142
Anonymous
Replies:>>46143
>>46140
If I posted a big guy would you die?
No.46143
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46144
>>46142

It would be very annoying.
No.46144
Anonymous
>>46143
Still not as annoying as Mister Twisters existence.
No.46145
Anonymous
I finally saw this movie.

It sucked.
No.46146
Anonymous
>>46140
Ah Avatar 2, the film Cameron is no longer as enthused to make since he's not top of the movie pile anymore. Be better off doing Battle Angel and going for a niche.
No.46147
Anonymous
Replies:>>46150
>>46146
>no longer as enthused to make

Doubtful, considering that instead of three sequels, he now wants to make four, and he's filming all of them at once.
No.46148
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>46146

I think he handed Battle Angel off to someone else.
No.46149
Anonymous
So I know people have complained about a lot of things in this movie, but there's one ridiculous line near the start that I haven't seen anyone mention. There's a part where Batman says "That which falls, has fallen."

I mean come the fuck on. That sounds like something out of a parody.
No.46150
Anonymous
Replies:>>46151
>>46147
Kinda morbidly curious where he could go with that. Any actual interest in the series has been thoroughly spent among the audience.

Even Disney is not happy having to do that Avatar World addition. Since they now have two Billion dollar franchises and don't need it.

Had Cameron not spent so much time navel gazing they'd likely not be as put off with having to deal stuff for a supposed franchise with is pretty dead in the water till Cameron finishes.

Anywho enough other side talk. Warner Bros DC working things out, maybe.

http://swtimes.com/features/entertainment/warner-bros-dc-superhero-films-havenapost-displayed-power-roster-rival-marvel

Still love the bits about this being Filmmaker focused/driven. Yet it was the utter shambles of a higher up structure that drove their Flash director away. You've got his vision and then you've got a half dozen or more people above him that have no clue as to what they all want.

>Speaking to The Times in March, Affleck emphasized the importance of looking past any one film's performance in favor of a longer view, saying the studio will generate tremendous value over time from its "under-exploited" DC properties.

>"Will every DC movie be great and be successful? No," Affleck said. "But if I'm on the board at Warner Bros., do I look at DC as a plus for me? Yes. From a long-term portfolio perspective, they've already won."

That would mean pulling them away from the Batman teat Benny. Wonder if he'd actually do that.

How would people feel if he vouched and got Kevin Smith to be part of an actual brain trust that knows what the hell they are doing.

Some questionable writing choices aside over the years at least he enjoys the medium and isn't actually uncomfortable like Snyder in dealing with certain aspects.
No.46151
F-ing
Replies:>>46155
>>46150
I'm honestly just so willing to get on board the DC movietrain like you have no idea. If its Affleck and, hell, Kevin Smith? That shit would be in great hands as long as you keep the boardroom a pot-free zone.
No.46155
Anonymous
>>46151
Cept if they get into Swamp Thing. Then it needs to be a Head Shop so they can dive deep into The Green.
No.46173
Anonymous
Replies:>>46174
http://www.vox.com/2016/5/2/11565932/zack-snyder-justice-league
>Everyone says that about Batman Begins. "Batman’s dark." I’m like, okay, "No, Batman’s cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.
NO
BAD SNYDER
GO AWAY
save file
image:146330896200.gif(3.26MB , 640x266 , 1462958378974.gif)
>>46173
Is Snyder actually a pretentious teenage boy? Dumbass is obsessed with being DEEP and edgy.
No.46185
Anonymous
Replies:>>46191
>>46174
That gif is a thing of beauty.
No.46191
Anonymous
>>46185
>STOP INVINCIBLE SLUT
No.46194
Anonymous
http://www.newsarama.com/29344-report-new-dc-films-division-at-warner-bros-led-by-geoff-johns-jon-berg.html
No.46198
Anonymous
Replies:>>46203
Geoff Johns isn't great but he's still probably way better than Snyder.
No.46202
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>46208
I’ll take virtually anyone in DC over Snyder at this point. Just stop fucking aping the Nolan films and the surface traits of Frank Miller’s work, for fuck’s sake.
No.46203
Anonymous
Replies:>>46208
>>46198
Agreed.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/geoff-johns-wants-dc-films-to-include-more-hope-optimism

This. Also, actually well-written scripts with competent direction, please.
No.46208
Anonymous
>>46203
>>46202
Christ, even Dark Knight ended on the tone of "Wow, Joker, stop being so fucking cynical. People can be good."
save file
image:146542621600.jpg(649kB , 1705x2265 , snapper-carr.jpg)
http://io9.gizmodo.com/supergirl-is-adding-some-very-intriguing-comic-book-cha-1781353690

>Lena Luthor, Lex’s sister and described as escaping to National City to get out of her brother’s shadow (as well as the standard strong female character descriptor of “sexy and smart and determined to get what she wants”) .

>Nick Farrow, a journalist and son of a famous reporter. Farrow ruffles Kara’s feathers at Catco but finds “the hero in [himself] might come out” the more time he spends with her.

>Maggie, a lesbian detective heading up a metahuman-focused branch of the National City Police. She seems to be a version of Maggie ‘Maggs’ Sawyer from the comics, best known for her long-term relationship with Kate Kane (a.k.a. Batwoman) which was controversially ended by DC before the pair could marry.

>Snapper Carr, a former Justice League sidekick in the comics but an “old school” reporter in the Catco news division.

>The Doctor, a mysterious character who is the villainous female lead scientist on Project Cadmus (who could be comics character Serling Roquette).

SNAPPER MUTHA FUCKING CARR!!!

Supergirl diving headfirst into comics.
No.46354
Alpharius on the move
Replies:>>46366
If Suicide Squad is half as bad as its trailers it'll be an alright movie in my books.
No.46366
Anonymous
>>46354
I think a lot will be disappointed since according to leaks Joker isn't the main villain and just a minor B plot of him chasing Harley through the movie.
No.46422
Anonymous
Replies:>>47573
So apparently Snyder is going to take cues from Back Kirby' s comics for Justice League. That doesn't really mean anything, as Snyder is still attached, but I could think of worse influences.
It's still likely going to sick because Snyder. I guess just
wait and see.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/justice-league-will-draw-a-lot-of-influence-from-jack-kirbys-work
No.47573
Anonymous
>>46422
>So apparently Snyder is going to take cues from Back Kirby' s comics for Justice League. That doesn't really mean anything, as Snyder is still attached, but I could think of worse influences.
>
I mean this is a guy who managed to botch Watchmen despite making a scene for scene remake of the comic, isn't it?
No.417812
Anonymous
*necrobumps*
No.417992
Anonymous
Replies:>>417993
>>46140
>>46146
>I don't expecy this "Capekino" idiocy to die down any time soon, not until Cameron starts pushing Avatar 2 for real.
>Ah Avatar 2, the film Cameron is no longer as enthused to make since he's not top of the movie pile anymore. Be better off doing Battle Angel and going for a niche.
Boys I'm from the future, you'll never guess what is happening
No.417993
Anonymous
Replies:>>417994
>>417992
Funny that he ultimately did not make Battle Angel Alita, he passed it off to another director. Also, that movie is probably the most accurate anime to Hollywood conversion I've seen so far.

I don't follow capeshit movies any more, are they still being made? Last time I checked, they completely axed most of those and started a flood of TV series instead, since nobody was going to movies due to covid.
No.417994
Anonymous
>>417993
I didn't expect a reply, I was scrolling through since I saw this thread was from when BVS opened and found it fascinating to read.
With capeshit the short version is both Marvel and DC are in the process of rebooting or changing significantly. Marvel are seemingly building up to a large in-universe reboot and has been pulling from the 00s Pre-MCU movies lately also, meanwhile DC are completely restarting with James Gunn at the helm, remains to be seen if the much delayed Flash movie will be the one to pull the trigger on Gunn's reboot as it was meant to be a different in-universe reboot.

tl;dr marvel is going steady but stale, dc is currently fucked but Gunn is better than Snyder.