/mtv/ - Music, Television & Film

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 301 posts, 46 files (44 image(s), 2 video(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /mtv/44330 Close window
Options
Replies:>>44331
save file
image:144921824100.png(572kB , 800x600 , Scott Weiland.png)
/mtv/ General - Scott Weiland Memorial Edition

The frontman for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver died yesterday. As the old /mtv/ General stopped bumping, we needed a new one, so this one’s for you, Scott.
No.44331
Anonymous
>>44330
Cripes he was just in his forties, expected a little older for some reason.

Other music news, Coldplay will be doing the Super Bowl. Had not heard of them in a long while.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/coldplay-to-headline-super-bowl-2016-halftime-show-details-w158906
No.44333
Anonymous
Replies:>>44334
Seriously? Bullshit. Who's fucking next on the chopping block.
No.44334
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44335
>>44333

Robert Loggia.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/heres-the-late-robert-loggia-in-the-immortal-piano-scene-from-big
No.44335
Anonymous
>>44334
>http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/heres-the-late-robert-loggia-in-the-immortal-piano-scene-from-big

Dang, so we've got one or two more in this cycle?
No.44336
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44337
Well, here’s a trivia note for the future:

http://www.amny.com/entertainment/celebrities/pamela-anderson-covers-playboy-s-last-nude-issue-1.11190243
No.44337
Anonymous
Replies:>>44342
>>44336
So what will they do when not being a skin mag?
No.44342
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44337

They’ve been putting out non-nude versions of the magazine in various overseas markets for years, and it’s done well in those markets. (The brand name still has at least some value left in it.) It's been moving towards being more of a generalized men's magazine for years, and the non-nude move will put it there for good. The magazine will still feature sexy pictorials, but they'll no longer have nudity.
No.44352
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44353
The MST3K Kickstarter has managed to reach the "nine new episodes" level. On top of that, Mark Hamill, Jerry Seinfeld, and Joel McHale have expressed an interest in doing cameo appearances for the new episodes.

Neat.
No.44353
Anonymous
>>44352
Would like the digital editions to be put someplace decent. Rifftrax would be nice as they've been rather consistent at keeping my account from going to crap, unlike the site I bought some Cinematic Titanic which has long since died.
No.44381
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=XRVD32rnzOwyoutube thumb

Justin Lin what the fuck have you done
No.44382
Anonymous
>>44381
Tweaking Trek. Sounds like a good name for a Abrams Trek documentary
No.44384
Anonymous
>>44381
Man, I really hope that "untitled Star Trek streaming series" turns out to be a bit more highfalutin than these movies have been.

Well, at least this one doesn't have Khanberbatch.
No.44385
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44386
While I have a moment to say something about Star Tr3k: damn, why y’all so salty, tho’?

Ohnoes! Shitloads of action! That’s all the movie is gonna be! Why must the trailer give away every bit of the movie like that? …jeez, it’s like you guys don’t even know what marketing is. NO SHIT the initial teaser is gonna show lots of action and shit—did you really expect a Picard-esque speech? And besides that, so what if there’s a lot of action? TOS used pulp space adventures and (for its time) "holy shit" visuals to draw people in, then offered up the social commentary and morals and whatnot. If ST:B can deliver an action-packed film with a solid message/theme lying underneath (and Fury Road proved that such a thing can be done), it will actually be closer to TOS in both spirit and execution than the first two NuTrek movies combined.

Seriously, get yer panties unbunched and give the film a sporting chance. At least wait for the next trailer before writing it off.
No.44386
Anonymous
>>44385
Because look at the first 2 movie trailers. Orchestrated music, epic emotional undertones. It felt like Trek. It showed action, but not for literally 100% of the entire trailer, cut to the fucking Beastie Boys of all things. I can understand if that was for a TV spot, but a reveal trailer is supposed to give us first impressions of what the film will be like. And my impression is that it's going to be a cheesy Marvel-style action flick.

It's being directed by someone who has only ever done brainless action movies, stuff on Community and some of the shittier episodes of True Detective. Definitely not my first choice when it comes to Star Trek. Though I guess it would be for JJ who has admitted he hates Star Trek in the past. You'd think he'd give the franchise a bit more respect after the last two movies but apparently not.

In all honesty it may very well be a decent movie. But the trailer is an embarrassment.
No.44387
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
Replies:>>44389
I never expect any Star Trek movie to feel like Star Trek. The only one that managed to bottle the lightning successfully was The Motion Picture, which everyone hated for some reason.

(I mean, I can think of a couple reasons, but it's still my favorite of the film franchise)
No.44389
Anonymous
>>44387
Uniforms could have been better, plot was fine.
No.44390
T4 was here
Replies:>>44391
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-hasbro-gi-joe-universe-848920?
Yay~
No.44391
Anonymous
>>44390
>http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-hasbro-gi-joe-universe-848920?

Matt Tracker head of the G.I. Joe Mobile Armor Strike Kommand

//youtube.com/watch?v=O5C0G9Ol7_Qyoutube thumb

Have Hondo show up with his '57 Chevy.

"Looks nice, but we need firepower."

"Oh she's got firepower."

Course we've got to have VENOM being the COBRA equivalent because you've gotta have Miles Mayhem
No.44394
rasputin_zero
Replies:>>44396
>>44393
Looks like big dumb schlocky fun just like the original. There's been a lot of speculation about what would happen in the aftermath of the first movie, how different this post-invasion world would be to ours, so I'm happy the sequels's going to go into that.
Replies:>>44396
save file
image:145029908600.png(1.23MB , 1080x721 , DF-08024_rv3.original.png)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/12/16/ghostbusters-first-look-kristin-wiig-melissa-mccarthy-kate-mckinnon-leslie-jones/77413576/

Guess its just because they are stacking up against the original. Feels like somewhat high grade cosplay.
No.44396
Anonymous
Replies:>>44398
>>44395
Not-Ray and Not-Egon look great, but I am not getting anything from Not-Peter.

>>44394
I am diggng that it took 10 years after the events in the first movie to finally beat the aliens.
No.44397
Anonymous
>>44381

Huh, apparently that G'Kar looking fucker is played by Idris Elba...
No.44398
Anonymous
>>44396
Not Peter is some bookish professor that distanced herself from the group. If that is the Bill Murry of the group.
No.44404
Deon
Darn it, I bought a bunch of movie blu-rays and now realize that I've lost the remote for the player, and the stupid thing only has playback buttons on the front panel.
I can't navigate menus to view those extras I enjoy so much!
I wonder if I can ask for a universal remote for xmas...
save file
image:145037990200.jpg(143kB , 612x907 , ghostbusters1.jpg)
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/12/17/ghostbusters-reboot-busts-out-character-posters/

"character" I think is going a bit far. More just mouths being serious.

Why focus on the lips?
No.44406
T4 was here
Replies:>>44407
>>44405
>Why focus on the lips?

Because women?
No.44407
Anonymous
>>44406

Okay yea, I forgot that was the most important part of the movie.
Replies:>>44409
save file
image:145039474500.jpg(67kB , 435x580 , ghostbusters-435.jpg)
>>44405
Uuuuuuhm... is this movie still a comedy like the original?
No.44409
Anonymous
>>44408
No clue, they say there is a teaser trailer to come out soon but no official word on it from the usual source that I've seen that being Feig and his twitter.

But part of that reason for those pics if they've got to be serious because they are women.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/17/ghostbusters-poster-kristen-wiig

And we continue to be told fek all about anything but get more tough talk like "paranormal warriors". I've no clue were things are going other than it sounding like some kinda MiB with ghosts mashup according to that old Sony pitch.
save file
image:145040639100.png(262kB , 599x438 , Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 21.38.39.png)
Have you ever seen Ritchie Blackmore smiling?

//youtube.com/watch?v=bYPbSPisb5Yyoutube thumb
Well, now you have.
No.44434
Anonymous
Replies:>>44440
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Leslie-Jones-Has-Perfect-NSFW-Message-Her-Ghostbusters-Haters-100797.html

So I'm guessing she's going to be loud and in your face as opposed to Winston who was a cool and along for the ride everyman.

And still missing the point of some of the criticism and focusing on the fringe complaining about them being women.

It just doesn't make sense to make this film when the other one did everything so well.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/12/16/national-film-registry-2015-ghostbusters-top-gun-shawshank-redemption/77247406/

Other news Original Ghostbusters is going to the Library, of Congress.
No.44440
Anonymous
>>44434
>http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Leslie-Jones-Has-Perfect-NSFW-Message-Her-Ghostbusters-Haters-100797.html

Those tweets seemed more humorous in intent than 'in your face', but maybe that's just me.
save file
image:145071531700.jpg(133kB , 620x874 , enhanced-buzz-9864-1422774378-5.jpg)
>http://time.com/4156751/jk-rowling-black-hermione-granger/

Hermione is now black, for the films..and I guess the books(?).

Never minded the art they did of her as it was rather cute. Just doing that for the films seems a bit odd given past casting since its supposed to be the same character (I think).

I didn't think they'd get Emma Watson since this is supposed to be a distant sequel or something. Chalk it up to be an AU like the Flash. Warner Bros needs that Harry Potter Dosh again.

Shit flinging over the fanart from the usual suspects is going to be fun. SJW fucks telling children to kill themselves for making her white and stuff..ugh.
save file
image:145071627900.png(659kB , 1577x548 , totally not traced from Moon Over June.png)
>>44442
That's a pretty cute pic of black!Hermione. Better than most crap of this kind which is the expected outcome of all the harassment that comes from Tumblr if you DON'T portray nonwhite characters 'with exaggeratedly racist traits. I've seen fanartists literally get shat on for whitewashing because they refused to draw their black characters with Sambo face or give their Asian characters literal slits for eyes and sallow skin.
save file
image:145071702800.jpg(64kB , 736x877 , 6bb126b9cf38ce00826e2223b8abfd2c.jpg)
>>44445
That's a disturbing and bizarre trend. But its Tumblr which has increasingly turned into inmates running the asylum over the past few years.

Most Hermione art goes pretty well.
No.44447
Anonymous
>>44445
>gay transman married to a transwoman
Maybe it's just me but isn't that a paradox? Or are they basically, y'know, implying that transwomen are still men after all? Either way it's stupid.
No.44449
Anonymous
Replies:>>44452
>>44445
>aromantic demisexual

... what the hell does that even mean?
No.44452
Anonymous
>>44449
Probably another dumb paradox. Since aromantic means you don't feel romantic love regardless of whatever sexual desires you might have, and demisexual means you can only feel sexual desire towards people if you also have romantic interest in them first.
No.44453
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44442

>Hermione is now black, for the films..and I guess the books(?).

Uh, no. If anything, this is more about Rowling having no problem with people—including the theatre group putting on the Harry Potter play mentioned in the linked article—interpreting Hermoine as being black. Hermoine’s race was never explicitly stated in the books. Why couldn’t she be black?
No.44454
Anonymous
>>44453
There is a moment in Prisioners of Azkaban (I think) where Hermione was described as "very brown". In context, most likely the "brown" is her getting a tan, but it could be easily taken as her being black. In all honest, this is a non-issue.
No.44456
Anonymous
Replies:>>44462
>>44453
She could always be, or not. But try to make that arguement with the Tumblr crowd now they have "confirmation". Anyone that says otherwise is going to be shat on and bullied.
No.44457
Anonymous
Replies:>>44462
>>44453
She's racially ambiguous, which technically means no particular group is right. If you still want to think she's white, that's fine. If you think she's black, that's also fine. If you think she's Jakartan, well things get iffy, but if your headcanon includes the justification that she's adopted, biracial, or has a step-parent, you're still not wrong. Everybody wins. But to a large swathe of Tumblr, if you choose to depict such a character as belonging to any group other than the most stereotypically disprivileged ever, it makes you a bigot. Even if you are such a Jakartan just looking for some self-representation of your own, some people are going to jump on you anyway with the logic that "black people need the representation more", or that you're __washing a "canon" black character (even though no such thing was stated).

It's happened a lot of times in other fandoms. If you know anything about the infamous Hanji Zoe gender drama, the official statement is that Hanji is literally whatever gender you think they are including nonbinary, cis woman, or binary trans (wo)man. Basically, another "everybody wins" situation, but a lot of fans instead took this to mean Hanji is nonbinary only and anyone who admitted to headcanoning otherwise or used he/she pronouns got flamed and sent death threats. The same thing is happening with the player character from Undertale, even though a lot of the "guilty" party are East Asian artists whose English probably isn't good enough to even understand why people are yelling at them.
save file
image:145073461000.png(295kB , 341x448 , bfrnt.png)
My headcanon is that Hermione is a blue Twi'lek.

Whenever the book makes mention of her "frizzy hair", it's actually talking about her pubes.
No.44461
Anonymous
Long as she's still British I guess? Besides, it's not like she's replacing the book and movie versions. It's just another interpretation. I'm sure it will be fine.
No.44462
Anonymous
Replies:>>44471
>>44456
>>44457
You are strangely obsessed with Tumblr, and what Tumblr thinks.
No.44471
Anonymous
Replies:>>44472
>>44462
Because Tumblr is where I spend a lot of my time these days, and thus I've witnessed a lot of this first-hand. I'm not being hyperbolic. These are things that actually happen at a far too high frequency to be healthy. I thought I gave up on 4Chan to avoid dickery, not submit myself to more of it.
No.44472
A gay
Replies:>>44473
>>44471
I stopped watching the people who where being militantly PC. I lost some good content but I enjoy the whole experience more. Besides, old mutuals will reblog the better stuff. I still get the occasional bites of insanity, but it's far easier to ignore.

Tumblr is what you make of it. Of you see SJW insanity it's because you're following people who reblog it.
No.44473
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44474
>>44472

>If you see SJW insanity it's because you're following people who reblog it.

Or you're not using New X-Kit or Tumblr Savior to block those kinds of posts.
No.44474
Anonymous
>>44473
I do but it can be harder than you think. Sometimes things are worded in a way that they leak through, the terms are so ambiguous or are as frequently used to support good causes or call out things that actually deserve it as for hate.

And sometimes the people I follow are on the receiving end of the hate. I'm not going to unfollow a good content creator for that. It's like that one Rose Quartz meltdown. Even if the creator is a perfectly fine person, once some douchebag motivated by a petty personal grudge, fan of a rival pairing, or maybe a complete stranger who wants to start shit identifies something problematic in their work (then comes up with some warped justification for their original callout post if it becomes clear they were wrong in the first place), they gets tainted with an undeserved reputation for bigotry which invites continued unpleasantness from bandwagon jumpers long after the original incident has faded.

It's not like it's unique to Tumblr but the reblog system which the site is built upon is especially easy to twist for this purpose.
save file
image:145124550400.jpg(44kB , 960x274 , 35JTbB5.jpg)
So year is close to closing out and still no Ghostbusters Trailer.

http://www.scified.com/ghostbusters/paul-feig-promises-ghostbusters-trailer-before-end-of-year

Will they make it?

Will say the Ghostcorps office looks nice. Now we just need it back on TV.
save file
image:145132236200.jpg(44kB , 578x289 , rsz_hateful_8-578x289.jpg)
I was expecting a Western, I got a horror movie game of Clue.

I am happy with this result but be advised, whatever you thought this was it isn't.
No.44554
The Sneaky Tiki
>>44552
Which I guess is why the main theme released so late, otherwise you'd know it was a horror.

//youtube.com/watch?v=zHpza9bQAkYyoutube thumb
No.44556
Anonymous
Replies:>>44560
>>44552
Maybe that was one of the reasons that one theater backed out.
save file
image:145135460400.png(424kB , 807x642 , lemmy-vodka.png)
Good night, metal prince...
No.44558
Anonymous
The Kilmister is dead, long live the Kilmister
No.44559
Anonymous
He apparently died of an extremely aggresive cancer that was found two days ago. What the fuck.
No.44560
The Sneaky Tiki
>>44556
This is easily going to be one of his most controversial movies yet.
No.44624
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>44625
I really like that as the stakes escalate in Ash Vs Evil Dead the tone becomes progressively closer to the original series.
No.44625
Anonymous
Replies:>>44643
>>44624
Wish it would come to digital. Sounds like a good show.
save file
image:145177876800.jpg(52kB , 800x441 , evil-dead-2-1.jpg)
>>44625
It really is, if the show had a single problem it would be that all deadities have the same "Vampires in Buffy The Vampire Slayer" look that is waaaaay lamer compared to the movie.

No multiple sets of teeth or transforming, they have the moving in impossible ways down though.
No.44655
Anonymous
Replies:>>44657
Just watched the entirety of Ash Vs Evil dead, was very good. I wonder, what did the hardcore fans think of the ending? I could see some fans not particualry enjoying Ash's way to handle the problem (Pablo and Kelly certainly didn't).

Also, those Rednecks are so going to return in the second season.
No.44657
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>44660
>>44655
It was totally in character for him, you can't beat him, he will incompetence out luck you or out endure you if not straight up slaughter you, bargaining is a hilarious and effective way of combating him.

Further more it demonstrates his complete lack of understanding of even the concept of what is at stake.
No.44660
Anonymous
Replies:>>44666
>>44657
I think it does show a tiny bit of character development for him, I mean, Ash DID reject the easy way out at first. Thing is, even if he had used the dagger, they still were in the cabin. Ash knows that he can survive the night, but Pedr-- Pablo and Kelly won't.
No.44666
The Sneaky Tiki
>>44660
On the contrary I think he saw "just kill her" as the easy way out in the first encounter, hence "NOTIFIKILLYOURIGHTNOW"
No.44667
Deon
Catching up on the Hobbit movies, I kind of wish that Smaug didn't shake off the gold so easily and was just an awsome solid gold dragon from then on.
No.44672
Mister Twister
A musician I love released a CD when I thought he had joined the "digital only" bandwagon forever. Instead, he put his latest digital stuff on a flat plastic disk. I am overjoyed.
No.44678
Anonymous
Replies:>>44680
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/03/rise-of-the-reboots-creed-ghostbusters-rocky

Articles catching why things like Creed and Force Awakens worked with the mix of Reboot/Sequel. But miss the films that tried to be just reboots and failed. Fantastic Four and Robocop being two of the films that come to mind for me.

Really wish the coming Ghostbusters had that same blend. Three down and out academics losing credibility working to redeem themselves. Find one of the old franchise tapes Ghostbusters Inc sent out. As a lark they send off for the franchise start up kit. We get more time the three they have their "Library Ghost" encounter and rush back to their HQ to find a slightly slimy and dusty crate with the faded Ghostbusters Logo on the box. In the crate are formulas and blueprints for the equipment along with a Tobin's Spirit Guide and set of four time worn jumpsuits... with all their names attached including the fourth who now just shows up at the door "You ladies won't believe what I've just seen. *cue spooky music stinger startup* "Oh, I think we would."

But nah some kinda Government MIB thing hiding the ghost from the public and stuff and fighting hordes of mook ghosts. Least according to the leaked pitch.

Because the way it is now it divides the fanbase instead of bringing things together. Hope others planning Reboots in the future take this hybrid approach. I think it works a lot smarter.
No.44680
Anonymous
Replies:>>44681
>>44678
The problem with a reboot is that it is absolutely essential that the person at the helm gets it, what made the original work. It can be the "same thing only bigger" kind of remake, or taking just the basic elements and doing something different, but the spirit has to be there. Add the problem that a lot of these franchises that are being rebooted are from the 70s and 80s, and both Hollywood and the audiences being catered by Hollywood are simply not the same.

Like, just look at the recent Poltergeist reboot. It's essentially the same damn movie, but removing all the awe and wonder, the sense of adventure and challenging the unknow that complemented the horror so well in the original. My favorite scene in the original is that one where Tangina is explaining what's going in the house, and it's a fascinating moment of exposition, the impossible being elegantly described by writing, acting, and music. In the reboot, the equivalent scene basically was "hey mates, them ghosts be angry, yo". Way to miss the point.
No.44681
Anonymous
>>44680
Yea its what I feel is being a problem with Ghostbusters.

"Hey we'll just fill the movie with SNL cast."

"Old fans seem upset, well we'll just get almost everyone from the old films to cameo."

Whole lot of missing the point.
Replies:>>44694
save file
image:145221496300.jpg(130kB , 1330x750 , vacation-1920.jpg)
Speaking of nostalgia-fueled sequel/reboot hybrids...

This past weekend I finally got to watch pic related, and found myself surprised by how much I did NOT hate it.
No.44694
Anonymous
>>44692
The convertible bit in the trailer turned me off so I stopped paying attention. How did it do?
Replies:>>44706
save file
image:145223291500.png(52kB , 318x470 , 1420656186669.png)
http://www.scified.com/pacificrim2/universal-likely-pulling-the-plug-on-pacific-rim-2#ixzz3wbyaa9wV
>Unfortunately, not all of these giant monster films may see the light of day. One in particular is heartbreaking. According to sources speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Pacific Rim 2 has been taken off the table at Universal and shelved indefinitely.
The dream is dead. Everybody go home. And why does Guillermo del Toro have such bad luck?
No.44702
Anonymous
Replies:>>44705
>>44552
I just saw this. I definitely enjoyed Cowboy Reservoir Dogs and recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

i don't know why it was called the hateful 8 though. There were more than 8 hateful characters.
No.44705
Anonymous
>>44702
This

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magnificent_Seven

same reason the Sandler Film is The Ridiculous 6
No.44706
Anonymous
>>44700
I am honestly kinda relieved. After the bizarre box office returns of the first film, there is no way Del Toro would be left to do what he wanted to do with the sequel, exec meddling by the studios was guaranteed. I think it's better that PacRim is left as a one-hit wonder.
No.44707
Anonymous
>>44706
Still a shame how any projects he had his heart in and executives fucked it up for multitude of reasons. I still think Warner Bros shorted the Theatrical on Pacific Rim to pump Man of Steel released about the same time.
No.44709
Anonymous
Replies:>>44714
>>44706
Thats odd to think of, though. Because due to GDT's swift and efficient production, he left being an exec darling. He's the dream director for so many suits. Creative, stylistic, underbudget, ahead of schedule and friggin' loveable.
No.44714
Anonymous
>>44709
Thing with Del Totoro is, he's got a knack for genere stuff that is difficult to sell to mainstream audiences. To this day I still think it's a miracle that Pan's Labyrinth became so popular, awesome as that movie is.
Replies:>>44790
save file
image:145237580000.jpg(107kB , 1024x812 , CYKfDfyUAAElqGe.jpg large.jpg)
https://www.inverse.com/article/10000-the-ghostbusters-reboot-has-a-serious-identity-problem

Some starting to wonder what kinda film is being made.

Mattel Prototypes have come out. Meh pretty much what one would have expected from Mattel.
No.44761
Mister Twister
Fantastic Planet of Love:
//youtube.com/watch?v=6jA0bBQluyEyoutube thumb

I cannot imagine anyone disliking this song.
Replies:>>44775
save file
image:145248119500.jpg(31kB , 460x516 , angusphantasm2_big.jpg)
And 2016 started quickly taking away cool people.
save file
image:145249640600.jpg(191kB , 1000x1107 , bowie_aladin_sane_1000px.jpg)
>>44772
It certainly did.
No.44777
Anonymous
>>44775
WHAT THE FUCK
No.44778
Anonymous
https://youtu.be/4B5zmDz4vR4

Journey on Starman
No.44782
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44775

FUCK THIS FUCKING YEAR ALREADY.
No.44785
Anonymous
Battle with Cancer. Damn never heard about that. Did he keep that private?
No.44786
Anonymous
Still feels like he was taken too soon, but at least he got to live a relatively full life compared to many of his ilk.
No.44787
Anonymous
I swear I saw a falling star when he must have died.
No.44789
The Sneaky Tiki
Geez I hope Ravager is good, poor Tall Man.
Replies:>>44791
save file
image:145251949900.png(425kB , 661x529 , gb femcrew tumblr_o0r5f0FqaT1qz4l57o1_1280.png)
>>44730
As long as we get a new cartoon I dont care who bad the movie will be.
Its just a better format for it.
No.44791
Anonymous
Replies:>>44792
>>44790
Dunno, nowadays there doesn't seem to be any interest in cartoon tie-ins. The last one was what, Tron Uprising? And awesome as that cartoon was, it bombed hard.

Shit, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Pacific Rim cartoon gets offed now that the sequel has been cancelled.
No.44792
Anonymous
>>44791
Had no idea there was even going to be a Pacific Rim cartoon. Double damn.
No.44793
Anonymous
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-01-11/charles-dance-confirms-his-straight-man-role-in-the-ghostbusters-reboot-he-just-doesnt-understand-the-whole-ghostbusting-thing

So he's going to be a less evil Peck?

Also there has been a distinct lack of one piece of tech, the ghost trap. The title of "ghost trapper" has been given to one of the new four but no sign of the prop.
save file
image:145256992900.png(282kB , 600x306 , oXYGbyf.png)
I've been debating it for awhile and I've come to a conclusion. I like Vaporwave. It's so fucking cyberpunk and I don't care if it make me a /mu/tant. It's not like I got to /mu/ anyway.
No.44806
Anonymous
Replies:>>44807
https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/686670931520057344
NOT DEAD YET
Replies:>>44819
save file
image:145257428200.jpg(527kB , 1920x1080 , 3182067-pacific-rim-robot.jpg)
>>44806
//youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryYyoutube thumb

Send her back in coach. She wants to hit something.
No.44811
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>44812
//youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8youtube thumb

HOLY SHIT DAVID ;_;

May the chorus of angels sing the to thy sleep.
No.44812
Anonymous
>>44811
Knew the end was coming, fought through six heart attacks to finish it all so it's been said. See ya, Moon Man.
No.44813
Tora Dora !n0CyHpL66I
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5PYvqa7DFNc

My favorite song of his. One of the most prayerful things he wrote, offered now as a prayer for him and his family. RIP
No.44819
Anonymous
Replies:>>44820
>>44807
Why it took so long?
Is like almost anyone here barely reacted.
No.44820
Anonymous
>>44819
People are pessimists.
save file
image:145279439500.jpg(15kB , 214x317 , MV5BMTUwNTc4MTg4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY2MjkxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg)
Adding to the sadness, RIP Alan Rickman.
No.44825
Anonymous
>>44824
2016 isn't playing around. Scared to think who'll be next.
No.44826
Anonymous
Are you shitting me.
No.44827
Anonymous
Also cancer too. Damn.
save file
image:145279821200.jpg(30kB , 600x300 , DearCancer.jpg)
>>44824
2016 could have waited a while before being utterly fucking awful.
No.44829
Anonymous
We are not even halfway through January.

2016 pls stop, I want to get off your wild ride.
save file
image:145281445900.png(114kB , 464x451 , DESPAIR.png)
Godamn Fuck You It's January is working way over time this year, holyshit.
No.44840
Anonymous
Who's next? Tim Curry?
No.44845
Anonymous
>>44840
Its possible he had a stroke a few years back. Word is he's doing better but rarely appears in public anymore.
No.44849
Anonymous
Replies:>>44851
>>44840
It's obviously going to be Paul McCartney.
No.44851
Anonymous
>>44840
>>44845
>>44849
No lie, they played Metallica at the end of a news break on the radio and went "Oh which one of them died then?"
No.44855
Tora Dora !n0CyHpL66I
>>44840
>>44845

I was *this* close to seeing him on Halloween. :(
No.44876
Anonymous
>>44840
He's 69, so.
No.44904
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
This is not the year to be a musician who made it past the age of 60: Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey has passed away at the age of 67.
No.44905
Anonymous
Replies:>>44910
>>44904
Damn gotta watch out for Ozzy or Rob Halford. Hopefully Ozzy did enough shit that his system is hardened against the problems of mortals.
No.44910
Anonymous
Replies:>>44911
>>44905
Genetic testing on him several years ago, no joke, showed he had several mutations that dulled the negative side effects of various narcotics.
No.44911
Anonymous
>>44910

cool, should bottle that.
save file
image:145317194800.jpg(64kB , 640x640 , blowfly.jpg)
>>44904
We also lost BlowFly as well. He was 76 years old.
No.44916
Anonymous
Replies:>>44918
http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/ghostbusters-preview-proves-popular-with-licensees-and-retailers/043253

This is going to be such a bizarre thing to see if they don't do a trailer at the Super Bowl. Everyone will have some experience with the film except the audience. T-Shirts, Hats, Lunchboxes, Travel Mugs and balloons for the kids but with no reference that a kid will have seen to know who these women are. Just like that Hospital Visit.

Or they retailers get the licenses and all they use is Slimer and the "No Ghost" Logo. Now where is Dennys with my Ecto Slimed Breakfast with Green Citrus Slime Sauce.

I mean last Week no new info aside from "Mayor from Original Films dies."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/ghostbusters/david-margulies-dies/
No.44918
Anonymous
Replies:>>44931
>>44916
>Or they retailers get the licenses and all they use is Slimer and the "No Ghost" Logo. Now where is Dennys with my Ecto Slimed Breakfast with Green Citrus Slime Sauce.
>
More importantly, where are my Ecto Coolers.
No.44931
Anonymous
>>44918
Trademark has been renewed, so it should be coming in the next few months.
No.44946
Deon
Last time I saw an Imax, the resolution kept bouncing all over the place, with establishing shots being much larger than the rest.
Are they still like that these days?
No.45044
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Awwww. Abe Vigoda died. (For real this time.)
No.45045
T4 was here
>>45044
Good thing I dont know who that is.
Replies:>>45050
save file
image:145385314100.jpg(67kB , 400x600 , abe_vigoda_2012_05_15.jpg)
>>45045
Man famous for 70s television and 30 odd years of erroneous death reports.
No.45047
Anonymous
No.45049
Anonymous
>>45045
Does that mean that you haven't watched The Godfather 1 and 2?
No.45050
T4 was here
>>45046
OH now I know who he is!
The old guy that needed a hot jacuzzi in Good Burger.
Replies:>>45052
save file
image:145401466800.jpg(101kB , 600x436 , abe 174698_600.jpg)
No.45052
Mister Twister
Replies:>>45053
>>45051
Shouldn't the angel have more hair? I thought Heaven was supposed to be a good place for you.
No.45053
Anonymous
>>45052
That's just saint peter, he's been at the job a long time and has handle all the questions by the newly dead, stress does that to a being.
No.45054
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45058
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jefferson-airplane-guitarist-paul-kantner-dead-at-74-20160128

Man, this month has fucking sucked.
No.45058
Anonymous
>>45054
Bad time to be a famous musician.
No.45059
Anonymous
Hits just keep rolling.
Replies:>>45061
save file
image:145426880400.jpg(17kB , 446x251 , TOGfather.jpg)
The fuck did we ever do to you to deserve this, January 2016?
No.45061
Anonymous
Replies:>>45062
>>45060
Who is that guy?
No.45062
Anonymous
>>45061
British BBC guy, hosted a shitload of Eurovisions.
No.45063
Anonymous
Afterlife starting it's own Eurovision
No.45064
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/bret-hart-reveals-he-has-prostate-cancer-makes-statement-206751

For fuck’s sake, 2016. Quit piling on the bad news.
No.45065
Anonymous
Replies:>>45067
Fuck cancer.
Replies:>>45068
save file
image:145445454700.png(636kB , 599x764 , tumblr_ms2preevDU1qk0gi0o1_1280.png)
>>45065
Time to call the Boss.
No.45068
Anonymous
>>45067
need a president to make that declaration.
No.45069
Alpharius
No.45070
Anonymous
Replies:>>45071
Lost another yesterday to cancer. Joe Alaskey voice of Daffy, Bugs. Sylvester and Tweety. Marvin the Martian (in Duck Dodgers) Plucky Duck list goes on as he was one of those that took over for Mel Blanc.

https://twitter.com/Paul_Dini/status/695108940502163456

Will VAs start going next. I'm scared.
No.45071
Anonymous
Replies:>>45072
>>45070
Bugs Bunny is dead.

February 2016 is going to carry on January's legacy and it's going to be terrible.
No.45072
Anonymous
>>45071
Well he stopped doing bugs in 2008, he also didn't like the loony toons show or the habit if management to keep swapping the voice cast around without contracts.
No.45073
T4 was here
Replies:>>45074
New X-files is good.
Silly Lizard-were-man was the best.
No.45074
Anonymous
>>45073
That was great. Poor Lizard man dealing with the urges of being human. They'd better have a Lone Gunman episode.
No.45077
T4 was here
Replies:>>45078
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=176&itemid=25896
Lego spoilers for new ghostbusters.
First look on the bad guy"?"
save file
image:145469993500.jpg(57kB , 721x1000 , 455d8c6eb80763d7590129331a58c9504f96efb5.jpg.cf.jpg)
>>45077
Says just Daemon so likely just a random one given that pitch email about the main guy controlling ghosts and such. New bit that Hemsworth (Kevin) gets possessed.

Always count on lego to do spoilers.
No.45081
Mister Twister
The most scotish-hawaiian version of Whiskey in the Jar you will probably hear:
//youtube.com/watch?v=mSS5QpTKKQUyoutube thumb
No.45099
Anonymous
Replies:>>45119
http://www.scified.com/news/ghostbusters-opinion-before-trailer-new-pictures

One of the better even handed takes on how this Ghostbusters Reboot is shaping up.
No.45119
Anonymous
Replies:>>45120
>>45099
The first comment goes medievel and frothing-on-the-mouth as expected. The best part is the guy claiming that nobody cares about the look of Ecto-1
No.45120
Anonymous
>>45119

Yea its the iconic nature that holds with people that and their animal growl siren. Especially the siren. Just hope it keeps to the fresh and raw nature of the Ghostbusters as they head out. "Never had a proper field test." Huddling into the corner of the elevator as they flip the switch on the Proton Packs. And that is also an iconic sound.

So much if the filim is iconic. Sights the sounds the lines. Making it so much New York via Boston and CGI as noted means many landmarks not being seen or looking poor. Beyond that we don't know the story is and that while every other film coming out this year has already shown multiple trailers. Someone doesn't know how to promote a supposed Tentpole franchise leading film.
save file
image:145496659200.jpg(849kB , 1920x1080 , 75_WM30_04062014mm_0855-1578494858.jpg)
>Daniel Bryan announces his retirement

2016 is here to finish the job 2015 started.
No.45122
Anonymous
Replies:>>45123
So who's worth watching in wrestling? Last heard all the upper cards are pretty barren if they have to trot out Triple H
No.45123
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45124
>>45122

In WWE? Depends on which roster you follow. Right now, the main roster is pretty depleted due to injuries (a running joke on /wooo/ said Bryan was responsible for those injuries as a result of not being cleared to wrestle), but Kevin Owens (the former Kevin Steen), Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, Becky Lynch, and Sasha Banks are still worth watching. Down in NXT, there are plenty of wrestlers worth checking out: Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn (who is totally not El Generico without the mask, no siree), Bayley, Asuka (the former KANA), Enzo Amore & Colin Cassidy, Finn Bálor, Apollo Crews (the former Uhaa Nation), and American Alpha (Chad Gable & Jason Jordan) are all standout talents right now, while indie star Austin Aries and New Japan standout Shinsuke Nakamura are both heading to NXT soon.

Everywhere else? That's a bit of a toss-up, and it depends on your tastes in what you like in terms of wrestling. PWG is the "indie supercard" promotion, and while it does tend to showcase some of the worst traits of indie wrestling at times, it always puts on a hell of a show with top-tier talent. If someone works a PWG show, they're more than likely good at what they do. ROH is where D-Bry got his start, and while it has fallen a bit since the glory days of Danielson and McGuinness, it still holds its place as the "#3 promotion" (by virtue of TNA being the "#2" [in more ways than one]). If you're looking for something a little different, I suggest checking out Lucha Underground—it’s filmed and presented more as a traditional television show than as a sporting event, and it just started its second season, so catching up on the first season storylines won’t be too big a hassle. (I do recommend watching as much of the first season as you can, though. LU put on a lot of legit great matches in Season One, including GRAVE CONSEQUENCES, Aztec Warfare, All Night Long, and the infamous Cero Miedo match from the season finalé.) If you have access to the AXS network, they run an hour-long New Japan show every week that features English commentary and subtitled promos; Mauro Ranallo did commentary for the show up until WWE hired him for Smackdown (where he's doing a good job), and legendary commentator Jim Ross will eventually replace Ranallo.
Replies:>>45125
save file
video:145496892600.webm(2.26MB , 640x356 , [Wrestling] [Lucha Underground] Angelico's Sick Dive.webm)
>>45123

Oh, and while you won’t see shit like this every week, this here is a good taste of Lucha Underground. Shit is basically lucha libre meets Mortal Kombat; it’s fun as hell and each episode is only an hour long (as opposed to the three-hour slog that is WWE Raw).
No.45125
Anonymous
Replies:>>45126
>>45124
Trippy sounds like the old Saturday afternoon martial arts shows that were mostly ham and mortal kombat

So where can one see these things?
No.45126
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45125

WWE's two main shows—Raw and SmackDown—air on USA (Monday and Thursday, respectively). NXT, which is WWE’s developmental show/Triple H’s insidious plan to destroy the indies, airs every Wednesday on the WWE Network. ROH has a weekly show, but it’s only broadcast on stations owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group (which owns ROH), so check local listings to see if it even airs in your area. NJPW on AXS airs on…well, AXS—every Friday at 9pm East Coast Time, to be exact. Lucha Underground airs on the El Rey network every Wednesday at 8pm East Coast Time.

Oh, and if you want to watch all that and more, /wooo/tube—420chan’s home for wrasslin’ streams and YouTube videos and such—typically shows all of them (and any other wrasslin’ they can get their hands on). There are even dedicated blocks to specific kinds of wrestling (/britwres/ for British/Euro wrestling, /luchatube/ for lucha libre, you get the point). You can check out /wooo/tube at http://taima.tv/r/wooo (or http://taima.tv/r/woooalt for a macro-less chatroom), but be warned: in addition to the chat being macro-heavy, taima.tv runs on a shitload of Javascript that can slow your browser down while it’s initially loading.
No.45131
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
And just like that, Daniel Bryan has officially ended his career, and I feel pretty fucking certain that my wrestling fandom went with it. Won’t get any better than D-Bry, and I really don’t care about much of wrestling outside of Lucha Underground. So…fuck. Gotta find something new to do on Mondays (and PPV Sundays).
No.45156
Anonymous
Replies:>>45158
//youtube.com/watch?v=Zen753JD5kIyoutube thumb

Playing more like the opening to a transformers movie than Ghostbusters.

//youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfcyoutube thumb

Say the beginning base line from this.

Which then cuts to shots of their office and then ending with phone ringing and Kevin picking up and doing their equivalent of "Ghostsbusters whatta you want?"

This just looks like a teaser to every other big monster film.
No.45158
Anonymous
Replies:>>45162
>>45156
Even the music was all wrong, so somber and serious. I hope the teaser at least has some funny in it.

Man, what the hell, I was joking when I asked earlier in the thread that if the movie was still a comedy, but now I am actually worried.
No.45162
Anonymous
>>45158

I'm really dreading it'd going to be four funny women stuck I a horror movie. As that would be terrible and utterly miss the ball on Ghostbusters.
Replies:>>45173
save file
image:145563636100.jpg(150kB , 960x960 , 1455633804181.jpg)
http://www.gamesradar.com/new-ghostbusters-movie-ghosts-first-look/

Ghostbuster Figures revealing more detail.

Dunno if that is a form of Rowan or a ghost that he summons though. Again the trailer hopefully will tell something.
No.45173
T4 was here
>>45169
//youtube.com/watch?v=51GtaS9Vbowyoutube thumb
Wait, the ghost of the movie is the logo ghost?
Dunno know if that is clever or stupid, but I do know that I like the idea.
As long as they dont fuck it up.
No.45174
Mister Twister
Some music from Hell to spice up this thread:
//youtube.com/watch?v=np4uZz80B5kyoutube thumb
save file
image:145585357500.jpg(66kB , 600x731 , tmp_23033-Cbf9vjrWIAEILD0-81804901.jpg)
Ecto Coolers incoming. Sample boxes showing up on Ebay.
save file
image:145585676000.png(2kB , 136x140 , 1331334375822.png)
>>45184
Neat. I don't even care about the new Ghostbusters movie now that I can get my hands on sum Ecto Cooler.
No.45187
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45188
>>45184

If that is even remotely close to the original Ecto Cooler…FUCK YES, THE REBOOT WAS WORTH IT.
No.45188
Anonymous
>>45187

Word is its the same formula.
No.45192
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45212
2016 claims another victim: Harper Lee, author of To Kill a Mockingbird.
No.45208
Tiki
Went to see Deadpool this Friday and the God's of Egypt trailer came on, I roared laughing.

How could anyone ever think that was a good idea?
No.45209
Tiki
//youtube.com/watch?v=IJBnK2wNQSoyoutube thumb

Seriously, this is hilarious.
No.45212
rasputin_zero
Replies:>>45215
>>45192
>2016 claims another victim: Harper Lee, author of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Closely followed by who else than Umberto "motherfucking" Eco.

Clearly 2016 has moved on from the world of showbiz and turned its scythe towards more literary pastures.
No.45215
Anonymous
>>45212
Run to the wall George maybe death won't go there.
No.45216
Anonymous
Replies:>>45217
>>45209
Everything about this looks like a parody.
No.45217
Tiki
>>45216
RIGHT? How could anyone not laugh at this, even it's budget feels like a joke, 140 million?! Are you kidding me? The Flash TV series has better CGI.
No.45218
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45219
Just throwin’ this out there because I finally got to see it tonight: Magic Mike XXL is a fucking amazing movie. I’ve never smiled so much throughout an entire movie as I did during that one.
No.45219
Anonymous
Replies:>>45220
>>45218
Seriously? I heard that Tatum's shirtless scenes was the only reason to watch it and if you don't care for it or can't get past his potato face you're SOL.
No.45220
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45219

I barely even cared about seeing Channing Tatum or his abs, and the film was still fucking great. I haven’t felt that positive—that purely full of joy—after watching a movie since…shit, possibly ever.
save file
image:145603678400.jpg(223kB , 1280x720 , tmp_27200-maxresdefault-187416952.jpg)
I'm wondering who in Hollywood finally cracked the code and created the Reboot/Sequel.

Fuller House is another of those that seems to get it.

DJ is Danny
Steph is Jessie
Kimmie is Joey

But also bringing the originals back into the mix to keep that base but also allow for forward momentum with a new generation.

This looks to be a formula that works letting the older fans and those who know the story combine with it while having new characters around for new fans.

As someone working on pitch material I find this to be an intresting formula to have been created or at least perfected. And wondering why Ghostbusters went with the utter failure of the Reboot in Name only (pretty much another film entirely) method that made Robocop such a steaming pile.
No.45223
Anonymous
Its interesting how this is the only place online I've seen such negativity towards Ghostbusters.
Like, yeah you see it in other places, but its drowned out.
Here, where its just, like, 4 people posting... Huh...
No.45225
Anonymous
Replies:>>45227
>>45223
>>45223
Well, if you disagree, be the fifth guy and voice your positive opinion, nothing's stopping you.
No.45227
Anonymous
>>45225
I'd be interested to hear it. I'm down on this film because all indicators show it to be one of the bad reboots.

Maybe the trailer coming out in a week or so will change that but the leaked pitch which still matches up with all the information we've gotten.
No.45228
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45223

As funny and good as the original films were (YMMV with GB2), my liking those films does not entitle the “rebootquel” Ghostbusters flick to an automatic positive reception. You hang around places where people obviously believe otherwise. (Well, that, or they refuse to shittalk the film so they won’t be seen as sexist.)
No.45229
Anonymous
Replies:>>45230
http://www.refinery29.com/2016/02/103687/kate-mckinnon-ghostbusters-paul-feig-athena-film-festival

I get it that it's thought to be inspiring lady scientists being badass but also it's overlooking what's been a thing for decades women being part of the Ghostbusters team and both boys and girls dressing in the suits. But hey the cartoons don't matter I guess.
No.45230
Anonymous
Replies:>>45231
>>45229
>But hey the cartoons don't matter I guess.
Yes that is correct.
No.45231
Anonymous
Replies:>>45232
>>45230
Does kinda suck. Cartoons and the Comics having female lead mixed teams for while now and they coming along with the movie acting like this have never been represented before and they are the first.
No.45232
Anonymous
Replies:>>45233
>>45231
Because the truth is that nobody remember those cartoons or cares about them, whereas everyone remember the films, even 2.
No.45233
Anonymous
Replies:>>45234
>>45232
>Because the truth is that nobody remember those cartoons or cares about them

I am not even the guy you are arguing with, but seriously, speak for yourself. I hold in much better regard the The Real Ghostbusters cartoon than the second film, and you will find plenty of people in the fandom who share my opinion.
No.45234
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45236
>>45233

That's the Ghostbusters fandom, though. The general public, by and large, gives no fucks about Real Ghostbusters.
No.45236
T4 was here
Replies:>>45253
>>45234
Then its up to us in the fandom to remind them!
No.45256
Anonymous
Really if the movie doesn't have a scene where they wreck some shit on their first call testing the gear. I'm out.
No.45261
Anonymous
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/659933-steven-s-deknight-pacific-rim-2#/slide/1
It lives!
No.45275
Anonymous
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/brutally-honest-oscar-ballot-voter-868012

Oscar voter shitting on Leo is kinda funny. I liked them calling it a Road Runner Movie and voting Mad Max best makeup just to block Leo's film.
No.45279
Anonymous
Replies:>>45280
>>45275
I love Leo, I really do, but the Revenant was a weak shit movie on everything except cinematography. It was gorgeously shot, but lords it was a slog of crap otherwise
No.45280
Anonymous
Replies:>>45281
>>45275
>>45279
I'm not a fan of Leo myself, but I feel Inarritu's not given enough credit here. I mean, its HIS movie. If anything, it proved the guy can direct actors because god damn Tom Hardy was the best in the picture.

Now, Tom Hardy. That guy can do no wrong.
No.45281
Anonymous
Replies:>>45283
>>45280
Bane's an iffy case.
No.45283
Anonymous
>>45281
We don't talk about Bane in this house. (I mean yes we do but) Nor Star Trek Nemesis.

Oddly enough he showed he had a great "gruff and menacing" voice in Bronson, which he was cast as Bane for. But he went with the Late Show Host voice instead. That's weird, definitely.
But he's made up for it. Legend, while unstructured and unstoried, was basically the Tom Hardy power hour, where he was cut loose and let act for two hours in a very solid couple of performances, so was, again, Bronson and again in Revenant - and Mad Max, while not a character piece of performance show, he still did a solid job doing the strong silent type.

Which is always kinda weird because he is 100% bisho.
No.45287
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
So, this is a thing that’s happening:

//youtube.com/watch?v=0pOQR9hm-ykyoutube thumb
No.45288
Tiki
>>45287
This actually makes a lot of sense, both series have established that once you get involved you are fucked no matter what, they only way you could conceivably have tension is if they were fighting over who gets to kill you.
No.45289
Anonymous
Replies:>>45291
Uh, isn't Sadako MUCH more powerful than Kayako? I mean, IIRC Sadako is basically an eldritch abomination
No.45290
Anonymous
Replies:>>45293
>>45287
Japan Freddy vs Jason. I'm game.
Replies:>>45292
save file
image:145641689000.jpg(175kB , 1024x758 , erma__the_water_s_fine_by_bjsinc-d9394yo.jpg)
>>45289
>Sadako

People have so many biases to rooting for her.
No.45292
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45294
>>45291

I wonder if he's gonna do an illustration that references this new movie. Also Erma is neat and everyone should go check it out.
No.45293
Anonymous
>>45290
Funny thing, there are plans to reboot both The Ring and The Grudge, I wonder if we could end with an US version of this crossover.
No.45294
Anonymous
>>45292
Erma and her family go on a vacation to Japan.
save file
image:145660369500.jpg(418kB , 1224x1632 , CbnKbLcUcAAyv2E.jpg large.jpg)
http://www.eonline.com/news/743624/celebrate-the-new-ghostbusters-with-slime-filled-twinkies

so getting at least one more tie in with Twinkies.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25/ghostbusters-michael-k-williams

>“But I got to work with Slimer, dude. Like Slimer!!! I’m in a scene with Slimer! I’m a huge Ghostbusters fan and it was a dream come true.”

Cool some people look enthused to be in the film.

And looks like Slimer will have his scene.

>“I play the FBI agent who works for the mayor,” revealed Williams when he popped into the Entertainment Weekly Radio studios on Thursday. “Our whole thing is, we’re going to tell the people it was a flash in the sky and ‘Run along little women with your ghosts, we got this.’

>"Run along little women with your ghosts, we got this."

Really hope that's a one time line and not a running "gag".
Replies:>>45306
save file
image:145661396900.jpg(114kB , 569x489 , 1433175820204.jpg)
>>45303
I'm gonna buy a box of those twinkies and a pack of Ecto Cooler and rewatch Ghostbusters 1 instead of going to see the new Ghostbusters movie. I am 100% over the new movie at this point.
No.45306
Anonymous
>>45305
Trailer drops Thursday for what that matters. Also the 4k Edition Two Pack is on Amazon for Ten Bucks for those looking to get a copy. Heard its a pretty good Remaster.
No.45307
Tiki
>>45209
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-mn-gods-of-egypt-bomb-friday-box-office-20160227-story.html

It under preformed it's predictions of how terrible it would do, WOW.

13 million dollar opening on 150 million dollar budget plus a 20 million dollar marketing campaign.
No.45308
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45309
>>45307

That's not just a bomb, that's a goddamn nuke.
No.45309
Tiki
Replies:>>45310
>>45308
Especially since it's supposed to be the tent pole of a trilogy to replace Hunger Games.
No.45310
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45309

THAT'S EVEN MORE HILARIOUS.
No.45311
Anonymous
>>45307

huh first time I heard that considering how little there is at the bottom of this supposed Tent Pole. Maybe they'll double down on Deadpool.
No.45314
Anonymous
>>45307
Even without all the whitewashing, I could tell from the trailer and such that it was just gonna be a terrible movie all around.
No.45315
Anonymous
>>45303
"ghost" portion of the phrase aside, that's been the running gag of my life. it sucks ass.
No.45316
Anonymous
Replies:>>45317
Gods of Egypt really was pretty horrible, but damn I have to admit, I'd love to get my hands on the concept art for it.
There was a lot of really smart visual concepts going on in the movie, though they completely destroyed those with green screens.
No.45317
Tiki
>>45316
The actually flat earth and land of the dead I heard as stand outs in particular.
No.45318
Tiki
Replies:>>45319
Australia as it turns out, are the ones that got fucked on Gods of Eqypt, they gave the movie such enormous tax breaks that Lionsgate is only on the hook for ten million while the rest is Australia's loss as this was supposed to be to Australia what Lord of The Rings was to New Zealand. Which is dumb for a lot of reasons but mostly because it's FUCKING CALLED GODS OF EQYPT.
No.45319
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45318

Huh. You’d think that, being a former penal colony and all that, Australia would know when it’s being conned.
No.45320
Anonymous
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/gods-of-egypt-director-calls-film-critics-deranged-idiots/
Wow. It's not Trankwreck level, but man have some self-control.
No.45321
Anonymous
Replies:>>45322
Welp looks like Leo finally got it.
No.45322
Anonymous
>>45321
Kinda surprised seeing all the voters that were shitting on his performance. Now whats he going to do with himself?
No.45323
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45324
>>45320

I’d feel bad for the guy if he could actually admit that maybe, just maybe, he made a film that didn’t work on any level. But if he wants to blame the film’s failure on critics saying “the movie sucks”, he’s passing the buck. Critics didn’t make a shitty movie; he did. The film had failures on multiple levels, but as director, he has to take the credit/blame for not trying to prevent (or at least undo) those failures.

I understand his anger. I do. But blaming “innocents” for the failures of his film—a film he directed and oversaw and attached his name to with pride—makes him a gigantic ass.
No.45324
Tiki
>>45323
>>45320
This is less about Gods of Egypt and more about the fact every movie he's made since i, Robot, itself heavily critiqued, has been a failure. Ironically he's a really good director on smaller indie projects, one of which he recently did and also failed.

He's scared he may literally never work in the industry again, which is not an excuse but you can kinda get it.
No.45325
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45327
https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/704109155041349632

Just for the record: I likely never would’ve seen Attack the Block without someone from plus4 streaming it a few years back, and for that stream, I’ll forever be grateful for the existence of plus4.
No.45326
Anonymous
Replies:>>45328
I just want to know who thought "yeah let's take those classic, amazingly successful Clash of the Titans reboots and clone them."
No.45327
rasputin_zero
>>45325
John Boyega is a national treasure.

MOSES! MOSES! MOSES!
No.45328
Anonymous
>>45326
Clash of the Titans was actually fairly successful
No.45329
Anonymous
Replies:>>45330
http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/inside_track/2016/02/ghostbusters_g_man_spills_on_slimer

>In the reboot, Slimer appears during the Ghostbusters’ first official gig, we’re told.

Yea at the hotel

>The ’busters — Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones — are called to Rockefeller Center to dispense with the ghost of a fat Mafia guy.

Wait no.

>McKinnon — the Egon in this version — tests out her new Proton Pack on the ghost and shoots off his arms, legs and torso, leaving only a disembodied head. Voila, Slimer!

Stop.

>The head gets away, but videos of their battle with the ghost go viral. Unfortunately, everyone thinks it’s a joke and the evening news refers to the gals as “Ghostbusters.”

STOOOOP!!!

>VIRAL VIDEOS BEING THE SOURCE FOR FAME AND NAME.

*sigh*

I mean I hope they are bullshitting. But too much of that just seems like the common traits of "underdog" films currently with the internet celebrity and stuff. That and the need for someone that misses the point doing a reboot and feels they have to explain things that really didn't need explaining.
No.45330
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45332
>>45329

In truth, it's not an entirely horrible way to do that sort of thing.

Just not…y’know, with this film.
No.45331
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=_tZzlqkIQlUyoutube thumb
Becoming a galaxy seems like very irresposible parenting, as it leaves an entire galaxy to develop life from scratch.
No.45332
Anonymous
Replies:>>45333
>>45330
Well yea like say one of he smaller Superhero teams Teen Titans or Young Justice could work well as that kinda start up. Young Justice in particular I think could work that kind of social media angle.

This... we'll know tomorrow if works out. But some of those things just didn't need to be delved into and were better left as is or a mystery.
No.45333
Anonymous
Replies:>>45334
>>45332
But it wasn't really left a mystery in Ghostbusters? It's more like Ghostbusters was about treating ghost hunting as heavy duty science and egineering applied to pragmatically solve a problem, and none of those traits are accentuated very well in getting fame by looking funny in a video that got popular via chance occurance.
No.45334
Anonymous
Replies:>>45343
>>45333

Well we knew what Slimer is "Class Five Full Roaming Vapor" according to the CDI classification system. And all other information coming from the more common known Tobins Spirit Guide and the lesser mentioned Spates Catalog.

I'm just speaking on what/who he'd been. Something people really didn't care about. It was interesting to speculate but not crucial and added to the mystery to how Ghosts formed other than that Zuul the Traveler was pulling them all to that area.

I did like that is was mostly hard science applied to the metaphysical realm of ancient deities from the stars.

Good amount of the movie dedicated to them explaining the tech and doing experiments.
No.45335
Anonymous
Replies:>>45336
According to Dan Aykroyd, Slimer is the ghost of John Belushi.
No.45336
Anonymous
>>45335
Yea I remember hearing that. I can see it.
No.45337
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
No.45338
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXwyoutube thumb

I am one of the naysayers in this thread, and I am still not convinced that this reboot was necessary, but I liked the trailer. The tone feels right, and in fact reminds me a lot to the cartoon.

And I expected, Not-Egon is going to be my favorite character in the film, loved everything about her in the trailer. OTOH, I am not sure about Not-Peter seemingly being a legit scientiest this time around. Who knows, perhaps they will make that angle work.
No.45339
Anonymous
>>45338

Eh still feels off looks okay I guess but it feels more like a really earnest fan film than something on the level of Ghostbusters. I've a feeling they are going to play it too much like a comedy.
No.45340
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45341
>>45338

I’m still not convinced the film will be good, but damn, that Times Square stuff looks like it’ll be fun as hell.

SHE PUNCHED A FUCKIN’ GHOST. I WANT A GIF OF THAT.
save file
image:145702265000.gif(1.30MB , 450x187 , tumblr_o3gvnrgPXM1r3kmkso4_r1_500.gif)
>>45340

Seriously, this is easily the best part of the whole trailer.
No.45342
rasputin_zero
>>45338
I was honestly expecting something a lot worse than this, so colour me cautiously optimistic that it'll actually turn out alright.
No.45343
Anonymous
>>45334
Ah, I thought you meant more how they started than who Slimer was.

Also, watched Revenant earlier. I like it, though it is mostly just a simple western in a snowy forest.
No.45344
Anonymous
Replies:>>45345
>>45338
Eh, it's OK.
>those comments
Number one rule of Youtube strikes again!
No.45345
Anonymous
>>45344
Well yea. You've got trolls that are going to hit it for things and then others that are going to try to voice actual concerns and they'll be drowned out by those just shitting for the sake of shitting.

Also >Trailer sets it up like a sequel

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!

Also I fear Fem Egon is to Quirky for her own good not to become nails on a chalkboard as the film goes on.
No.45346
Tiki
Replies:>>45347
Superman V Batman is tracking at 110 million to 140 on opening, the question is how word of mouth is gonna effect the following showings.
No.45347
Anonymous
>>45346
It's length might do some of the harm. If all the setups in one film feel like a slog then they might pass on seeing it in theaters multiple times.
No.45348
Anonymous
Replies:>>45349
You know I have to say I didn't really expect a Black Stereotype increase from a 1984 production to a 2016 one AND YET
No.45349
Anonymous
Replies:>>45351
>>45348
Winston wasn't really a Black Stereotype either. He was more the Everyman paired with the three scientist going along for the ride, and the paycheck.

//youtube.com/watch?v=pzaQjS1JstYyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=NFX4fmldZFsyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=aLwKMkdVMnQyoutube thumb
No.45351
Anonymous
Replies:>>45352
>>45349
Yeah, I know, that's what makes it extra egregious. 32 years later you make something MORE RACIST! HOW!?
save file
image:145707301700.png(686kB , 1280x720 , vlcsnap-error231.png)
>>45351
That's her shtick on SNL. That is why they picked her.

//youtube.com/watch?v=-CPss95p3Ckyoutube thumb

So much this feels like Robocop reboot. Hitting some of the same beats but just being less tonally impressive.

Junked out Miller Meteor vs a pretty pristine 80s Cadillac hearse.

I wouldn't have so much a problem if it had also been a junked out POS prior to them turning it into Ecto-1.

I
No.45354
Anonymous
>>45352
It makes her absolutely hilarious in some cases like that one Kylo Ren skit but she doesn't have a whole lot of range.
No.45355
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45352

Y’know, as much as I prefer the design of the original Ecto-1, the new one being a hearse makes so much damn sense.
No.45356
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45361
So, 2016 decided to take someone else from the pro wrestling world…and boy, does this one hurt.

Eiji Ezaki, best known to his fans as Hayabusa, died yesterday of a subarachnoid hemorrhage. If the name Hayabusa sounds even remotely familiar to you in a pro wrestling context, I guarantee it’s because of one thing: the in-ring botch that paralyzed him back in 2001. But before that botched moonsault, Hayabusa was the “ace” for the FMW promotion in Japan. He was an amazing high flyer who carried that company on his shoulders and became an international sensation in the process.

Hayabusa became an inspirational figure when, more than a decade after his paralysis, he managed to walk again (albeit with the assistance of a crutch). Just last year, he did it again before a ceremonial ten-count, and he brought grown men to tears in the process. He’d always said that he intended to get back into a ring and wrestle one day; //youtube.com/watch?v=VTbOv9mZqt8youtube thumb is the closest we’ll ever get to that now, but goddamn if that ain’t a miracle in and of itself. Rest in peace, Hayabusa—you’ve damn well earned that right.
No.45359
T4 was here
>>45338
The music stings makes me think of this:
//youtube.com/watch?v=jQAM7jew-jEyoutube thumb
But I like what I see so far.
Also calling that Ray made the ghost device.

And I think its time for it to have its own thread.
No.45361
T4 was here
>>45356
Good for him.
No.45417
Anonymous
Replies:>>45418
https://variety.com/2016/film/news/andy-wachowski-transgender-lilly-1201725853/

Huh, two Wachowski sisters now. Wonder what they'll be up to.
No.45418
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45419
>>45417

It blows that Lilly had to be forced into coming out, but at least she rose above the Daily Mail’s bullshit.
No.45419
Anonymous
Replies:>>45429
>>45418

Some of the strongest women I've encountered have been transgender. Good article from her.
No.45429
Anonymous
>>45419
This seems like a sentence that could be misconstrued.
No.45430
Anonymous
>>45429

Yea I catch that now. Lets say some of the strongest willed women I've met have been transgender. Good solid ladies for the shit they have to go up against.
No.45431
Anonymous
Replies:>>45436
>>45429
Heh, didn't even notice until now. Is it OK to find that funny? Legit question.
No.45436
Anonymous
>>45431
Joke for yourself yea even I can see the accidental humor in the wording. But I wouldn't share it much. Know a few who would be very uncomfortable about that kinda thing.
No.45492
Anonymous
Replies:>>45493
Brothers Grimsby sunk. Someone must have signed Sacha Baron Cohen to a multi film release became I thought his star faded ages ago.
No.45493
Anonymous
>>45492
I already hated it from the trailer so that doesn't surprise me.
No.45499
Anonymous
Watched Ex Machine today since my dad rented it. Actually gets pretty good once it's past the initial conversations which were admittedly a lot like talking to an actual chatbot, or at least one not open to training from the public given the lack of obsenities. I'm also suprised how relaxed they managed to make the inventor guy seem at times. To bad for him that he didn't select a winner for thier understanding of conflit resolution.
save file
image:145798932500.jpg(73kB , 1200x1778 , preacher_custer_1200_1778_81_s.jpg)
Well, here’s a bit of unexpected new: AMC’s Preacher premieres after the mid-season finale of Fear the Walking Dead.
No.45517
Anonymous
Replies:>>45521
>fifth Indiana Jones movie announced
Seriously?
No.45521
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45522
>>45517

At least there’s a chance Shia Lebouf won’t be in this one, so that’d be a net positive from the get-go.
No.45522
Anonymous
>>45521

Dunno if he's still going with the life is art thing then he could be interesting
No.45523
Anonymous
Went to see Blue Man Group at Hershy theatre tonight. It waa very fun, but I was the only one to dance in place at the end during Shake that Thing. Everyone else just stood perfectly still, I'm dissapointed in them all.
No.45525
Anonymous
http://okbjgm.tumblr.com/post/140591060316/do-you-think-the-fans-reaction-to-lexas-death

So talk of new Xena production. If it gets produced then they'll hit relationship from the start. I'd wager a new Xena would go to Netflix. Tighter story to allow for that more concentrated exploration.
No.45527
Anonymous
Replies:>>45528
>>45525
Sounds gimmicky and exploitative, like they are going for HEY KIDS, LESBIANS as the main draw. Plus, the fandom loved that ship BECAUSE of the constant teasing.
No.45528
Anonymous
>>45527
Well they feel like bating it out wouldn't work nowadays. Which is kinda true as you'd get all manner of fans old and new raging over "queerbaiting" if they went that route.

I think it could work having "affection" but now being able to go further for warrior reason or something for a season or so in the show.
No.45531
Anonymous
>>45525

I'm not entirely sure we've ever seen an instance where a reboot of a show has ever been better than the show it was rebooting. Hell, the only movie I can think of that was actually better was the 1980s John Carpenter's: The Thing.
No.45532
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45531

What about Scarface?
No.45533
rasputin_zero
Replies:>>45534
>>45531
I haven't seen much of Battlestar Galactica, but I'm pretty sure that counts.

Also, in the same vein as John Carpenter's The Thing, there's David Cronenberg's The Fly. Remakes being better than the originals are rare as gold dust but they certainly exist.
No.45534
Anonymous
Replies:>>45535
>>45533
The remakes of The Blob and Invasion of the Body Snatchers certainly were better than the originals.

Also, pic related. Which is kinda funny because many of the people angry at the new remake, are not aware that the 1959 Ben Hur too was a remake of a movie from 1925.
save file
image:145832309400.jpg(379kB , 960x1440 , p2899_p_v8_ac.jpg)
>>45534
>pic related
>don't post a pic

goddamn

More liek BEN HURR DURR imrite
No.45593
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45637
NSFW: http://www.cinemablend.com/m/television/Watch-Trailer-Adventure-Time-Wild-Porn-Parody-126457.html

So…yeah, that’s a thing that happened.
No.45637
Anonymous
>>45593
>Its not Manyakis' game
No.45681
Mister Twister
>that feeling when an obscure band you like suddenly gets put on iTunes and automatically uploaded to YT
//youtube.com/watch?v=PeONixVkDXoyoutube thumb
No.45745
Anonymous
Replies:>>45752
>>45741
She's adorable, but sometimes I hate how absolutely fucking pandery Lum was designed to be.
No.45752
Anonymous
Replies:>>45757
>>45745
Console yourself with the fact that there is no over-the-shoulder ass shot that goes against her spunky, cheerful, fun character.
No.45757
Anonymous
>>45752
Thats kinda why I always liked that mangaka, though. The characters could be sexy and cute at times but never against their character. And that famous "no panty shots please" is refreshing - no making it feel exploitative either!
No.45790
Anonymous
https://youtu.be/2XopZymnuAw
No.45860
Anonymous
https://youtu.be/AGeo9oXwHKc
No.45867
Jumpman
Replies:>>45868
http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/time-to-start-appreciating-melissa-mccarthy.html

And people seriously think Ghostbuster will be a financial failure.
No.45868
Anonymous
>>45867
She's not playing her usual type as that role was giving to someone else. Also this is meant to be a tent pole for a franchise.

If it doesn't make more than 300 to 500 they'll consider it a failure.