/mtv/ - Music, Television & Film

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 306 posts, 37 files (35 image(s), 1 audio(s), 1 video(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /mtv/43714 Close window
Options
save file
image:143970534000.png(1.49MB , 1200x600 , Doctor-Strange-art-lightning.png)
Marvel General: (Fantastic) Fifth Edition
New info about Doctor Strange and Civil War at D23, X-Men 'verse is still going strong, and Fox still claims to be interested in doing a sequel to Fantastic Flop despite the critical and financial trashing it got.
No.43715
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>43717
>Fox still claims to be interested in doing a sequel to Fantastic Flop despite the critical and financial trashing it got

Give the studio a few months to properly defend the movie (and rush it out on home video to get whatever it can out of those sales). Once the full travesty of Fant4stic has passed, I doubt Fox will say anything about a sequel to one of the worst critical and financial superhero bombs of all-time.
Replies:>>43719
save file
image:143974251600.jpg(178kB , 1024x1297 , ronda_rousey_could_totally_play_captain_marvel_by_hugohugo-d95aban.jpg)
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/8/15/9160449/ronda-rousey-fan-art-captain-marvel-ufc-mma-movie
No.43717
Anonymous
Replies:>>43718
>>43715

So if not the Fantastic Four what will be the next thing Fox trades that Marvel will then weave into gold? I'm guessing some of the X-men Second String they've not used when they go for the TV show rights. Hooray now we've got an actual supporting cast for AoS and some more stuff to include in Netflix.
No.43718
Anonymous
Replies:>>43720
>>43717
According to some articles, Fox is trying to negotiate the right to even air an X-Men TV show, since the only rights they have from Marvel are for film. It would be the most logical deal. Dump the copyright that acts as a money sink for them in order to focus on the one they actually succeed with.
No.43719
Anonymous
>>43716
Shame she can't act worth a damn.
No.43720
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>43721
>>43718

I'm sure Marvel would be happy to trade away those TV rights and a shitload of dosh for the Fantastic Four rights (which also includes Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus—the latter two of whom would be great for a Cosmic Marvel movie or a future Avengers installment).
No.43721
Anonymous
Replies:>>43724
>>43720
I can see them charging as much as how much they lost from Fantastic Four, but they also might try to scalp Marvel because they know how much it's worth to them or out of spite.
No.43724
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>43731
>>43721

Uncle Mickey’s got enough money to handle The Big Bad Fox.
No.43731
Anonymous
>>43724
Yes, but does Uncle Mickey think the money he'd make back from securing F4 would be worth the hassle?
No.43733
Anonymous
>>43731
>Galactus
>Dr.Doom
>Silver Surfer
>Skrulls
>Annihilus

Skrulls alone would add a whole new phase on their own with Secret Invasion. And with Sliver Surfer we can have Planet Hulk done up right and finish fleshing out and with Annihilus and Super Skrull in house its time for the Cosmic Marvel to get going full speed.

Yea as scary as it is, getting that all back would open up another fifteen years of films.
No.43736
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>43733

And maybe a TV/Netflix miniseries or three.
Replies:>>43739
save file
image:143987376500.jpg(113kB , 666x491 , dawn of avengers.jpg)
This vector is amazing:

http://globegander.tumblr.com/post/126968896006/a-handy-vector-that-lets-you-decide-what-the
No.43738
Anonymous
Replies:>>43740
>>43731
>>43733
Don't forget Kang/Immortus.
No.43739
Anonymous
>>43737
Is it bad the first thing that popped into my head was Kiss from a Rose?
No.43740
Anonymous
>>43738
And Kang could be the method to get them into the modern era without needed a whole movie dedicated to it.
No.43741
Jumpman
Replies:>>43744
>>43733
It's almost like you don't need to make a Fantastic Four movie. Just take all the things people like from the series and put them in other movies. Make Dr. Doom the Iron Man villain he was always destined to be.
No.43744
Anonymous
Replies:>>43748
>>43741
Iron Man is an even worse superhero than Reed Richards, and what conflict would Doom have with Stark? All Stark's villains are basically just trying to steal Tony's stuff, and Doom is, at this point, so much smarter/more competent than everyone that he'd never need to steal anything.
No.43748
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>43749
>>43744

Hmm.

Just spitballing off the top of my head here, but what about Black Panther? Doom probably needs shitloads of vibranium for Doombots, and that desire could result in a nation-to-nation war between Latveria and Wakanda.
No.43749
Anonymous
Replies:>>43750
>>43748
But then they'd adapt Doomwar and nobody wants that.
No.43750
T4 was here
Replies:>>43752
>>43749
Why not, it sounds awesome.
Is it boring political stuff or something?
No.43752
Anonymous
>>43750
Terrible writing for T'Challa and Shuri. Also horrifically mangling Storm's character but she can't marry T'Challa (thank god) because she's not in the MCU.
No.43760
Anonymous
Evangeline Lilly says she's been fitted for a Wasp suit, so she'll be in either a Sequel or Infinity Wars possibly. If they could swing the budget I'd love a Netflix series of Hanks old adversaries coming out of hiding to have a go at the new duo.
No.43761
Anonymous
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/the-fantastic-four-movie-that-could-have-been-actually-sounds-fantastic
>So, how come we didn't end up with that version? Well, from what Birth.Movies.Death puts together, the version Slater planned was simply too much money. Fox wanted a cheap FF film -- considering how badly received the previous two versions were -- and wanted it done fast. So, instead, we get a similar opening act but stretched out for way too long, filled with hallways and indoor labs. You know, really cheap set pieces.

Ugh, if it's true it wouldn't surprise me. Although if Fox really was concerned about saving money then why did the final thing still cost $130 million? And surely they could've kept more of the Slater script without expense to the budget.
No.43762
Anonymous
>>43761
$130 million is pretty normal for a SFX-heavy action movie these days. Ant-Man was the cheapest movie Marvel Studios has produced so far (yes, cheaper than the first buch of movies made 6-7 years ago), and it cost just as much.
No.43764
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>43761

Part of the final costs included a bunch of re-shoots after principal photography ended.
No.43804
Anonymous
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/mrsundaymovies/news/?a=124464
The two sides of Civil War. Could be interesting.
No.43805
Anonymous
>>43804
A war of ten people, yay. That's my problem with the MCU adapting Civil War, in the comics the event involved hundreds of superhumans, here we have a registration act to regulate a handful of individuals, many of them with no real superpowers. It's kinda ridiculous.

Also, Vision alone could beat Cap and his team in seconds.
No.43806
Anonymous
>>43805
Having that many characters would ruin the movie to be shit though. It's only even Civil War in the first place because RDJ got greedy and they'll probably be fighting for the second act. The SHRA could stick around for future movies though.
No.43807
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>43805

>in the comics the event involved hundreds of superhumans

If this were a TV series instead of a movie, we could maybe—maybe—swing a couple dozen at most. A cast of hundreds is manageable in comics, where endless spinoff stories that aren't necessarily required reading can exist. In TV and movies, there needs to be a reasonably-sized core cast of main and supporting characters to weave a story around. This image imples an eleven-person “core cast” (you missed Ant-Man) for Civil War. There’s also Spider-Man, Scarlet Witch, Nick Fury/Coulson/SHIELD, whoever the villain is, and any other characters from the existing MCU that might have a line or two (e.g. General Ross, Bruce Banner) to consider. Keeping track of a cast that big would be a monumental task—just look at The Walking Dead, which has to keep killing people off to make room for new characters. Unless you want a movie where hundreds of superheroes exist only to die for the sole purpose of offering a “more accurate” adaptation of the comic storyline, lower your goddamn expectations a little.
No.43809
Anonymous
>>43804
Oh, hey. Hawkeye finally has an outfit that looks vaguely like Hawkeye.
No.43810
Anonymous
Replies:>>43812
>>43807
The problem with Civil War without the scope of HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF SUPER POWERS is that it ends up being even less justified than it was in the comics (where it was also dumb)

Making a big dumb deal out of registering powered people, when SHIELD already did that (and spent a lot of one of the last few movies being run by insane Nazis) just feels kind of empty.
No.43811
Anonymous
>>43807
Fury and Hill aren't going to be in the movie. Seems like the movie is going to ignore Ultron's ignoring of SHIELD being dead.
No.43812
Anonymous
Replies:>>43813
>>43810
Because it's not really about registering supers. Agents of SHIELD already has something just like that called the Index. It's about accountability and making sure they don't make a situation worse by being too reckless or whatever. I don't even know if the movie is going to call them Pro- or Anti-Registration, people are calling it that because the comics did.
No.43813
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>43812

What he said. Civil War isn’t about registering supers because most of their identities are already public knowledge (Tony leaked his own, Cap’s was already in the history books, and any others would’ve likely become public when SHIELD’s secrets were leaked in Winter Soldier).
No.43814
Anonymous
Replies:>>43817
They already said Civil War wasn't going to be like the comics except in the barest sense so it's still too early to judge. Depending on the way the story goes having many more characters may even defeat the point the movie is trying to make.
No.43817
Anonymous
Replies:>>43821
>>43814
>They already said Civil War wasn't going to be like the comics except in the barest sense

Which is good, because Civil War was a dumb story.
No.43820
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Via /co/ prime:

>Meanwhile, at Fox's executive offices:

>Well, we made a bomb.
>We've burned the bridge with Trank. He'll never work for us again.
>We're definitely not gonna make back our budget, that's for sure.
>“Fantastic 5%”, I believe the term is now?
>The F4 name will never be taken seriously again, what with two bombs in a row.
>Not like the first one did that much better, either.
>And to top it all off, we can't even make that X-Men crossover anymore.
>…
>BUT AT LEAST WE GOT TO KEEP THE RIGHTS!
>HELL YEAH, MOTHERFUCKER!
>[Turn Down For What intensifies]
No.43821
Anonymous
>>43817
Least its a better setup than "reality show D-list Superheros nuke a school"
No.43841
Anonymous
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/marvel-shake-up-film-chief-819205

Hmm. I wonder if this will mean movies getting more diverse. It was Perlmutter who claimed nobody wants to see female-led movies and put his foot down against them. I don't know what effect this will have on the TV series though.
No.43842
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>43844
>>43841

And like the article said, Ike is a notorious spendthrift. Now Marvel Studios will get to spend Disney levels of dosh to make its movies.
No.43843
Anonymous
>>43841
Hrm. But Jeph Loeb and Perlmutter remain in charge of TV properties.
No.43844
Anonymous
>>43841
This is a good thing. Perlmutter is an asshole, and not all but a lot of Marvel Studio's more disagreeable policies (lack of protagonist diversity, the spite towards Fox properties in the comics, refusal to pay actors and staff a decent salary, forcing them to pay for their own amenities when nobody else in Hollywood does that) largely come from him.

>>43842
>spendthrift
I think you got your words mixed up there. Spendthrifts are people who spend money willy nilly, you probably mean miser. But I do look forward to seeing how the movies will look now that they can afford to splurge a little more. They've managed pretty well with the budgets they've currently been allowed.
No.43845
Anonymous
Replies:>>43846
Now that Ike is gone I hope that increases the chances of Marvel being willing to make a deal with Fox over the Fantastic Four rights.

What's Alan Horn like? Apparently he's somewhat involved in Kingdom Hearts stuff, which is cool.
No.43846
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>43845

>Now that Ike is gone I hope that increases the chances of Marvel being willing to make a deal with Fox over the Fantastic Four rights.

The only deal I could really see being made would be an exchange of rights (Fantastic Four film rights for the X-Men TV rights) and dosh, so it would probably involve Perlmutter in some way.
No.43847
Anonymous
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/marvel-studios-ike-perlmutter-kevin-feige

While it's great the movies can afford to spend more sprucing up their films I'm not sure if it's wise to change their practice of choosing talented lesser known and cheaper actors for their big roles because of the extra money. If they shoot for too many A-listers they'll end up with Batfleck syndrome where the actor is TOO famous and overshadows the role. It's already kinda happening with Strangelock Cumberbatch.
No.43855
Anonymous
Replies:>>43856
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/09/02/the-marvel-creative-committee-is-over
Ok now THIS is interesting though Faraci is kind of a Feige fanboy so I dunno how true it is.
No.43856
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>43857
>>43855

If it’s legit, it could be a game-changer. The possibility of no more Edgar Wright situations (and actual goddamn Black Widow merch) would be huge.
No.43857
Anonymous
Replies:>>43858
>>43856
Though too many are saying it was them that made him quit instead of him dragging his feet for almost a decade and then running into the Marvel Cinematic Universe that had come about make his project woefully outdated with what had come to pass.

Was the creative committee slow? Sources point to yes, was it their fault expressively that made Wright walk, no. I'm just pointing at this because I think acknowledging the problems that arose in that relationship, I believe Wright could still have a place with a Marvel Film. Howard the Duck I think would do well by him. Though I think it would be a better Netflix series.
No.43858
Anonymous
>>43857
>him dragging his feet for almost a decade
To be fair to Wright he had no idea his friend would get cancer.
The whole thing got screwed over by outside forces.
No.43859
Anonymous
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/03/welcome-to-feige-island-why-kevin-feige-canned-the-marvel-creative-committee-of-dan-buckley-joe-quesada-and-brian-bendis/

Plot thickens. Although since the people being ditched are Joe Quesada and Brian Michael Bendis, I'm inclined to think this is a good thing.
No.43860
Jumpman
>As The Hollywood Reporter first reported Aug. 30, Feige and his highly successful film division now will report to Disney Studios chief Alan Horn instead of Perlmutter, the New York-based executive who oversees the Disney-owned company. Multiple sources say that Feige's years of frustration came to a head in part over the making of the third installment of the Captain America series, which recently completed filming in Georgia. Others say it was a move whose time finally had come because the film division slowly has gravitated toward Disney and now will based on the Burbank studio lot.

>Sources say the budget on Civil War ballooned accordingly, which didn't sit well with the famously frugal Perlmutter. “New York wanted to scale it down,” says one insider. Marvel and Disney declined to comment.

>“New York” in this case wasn’t just Perlmutter, 72. It was also Marvel's so-called "creative committee," a group of execs from Marvel’s various divisions including publishing as well as Alan Fine, Perlmutter’s right-hand man. The collective has been around since nearly the inception of Marvel Studios in the mid-2000s, offering critiques of creative choices as well as input on business decisions. Insiders say that with Feige breaking free of Perlmutter and the New York side of the company, the committee will not be disbanded but its influence over the Marvel movies will be nominal at best.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-civil-war-why-kevin-820147
No.43861
Anonymous
>>43860
How big and stupid do you need to get when Bendis and Queseda start telling you to rein your shit in?
No.43862
Anonymous
>>43860
>Sources say the budget on Civil War ballooned accordingly
That's kind of to be expected when you've got RDJ. He alone accounted for like a fifth of Age of Ultron's budget.
No.43863
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Speaking of Civil War, Mark Ruffalo has confirmed that Hulk won’t be showing up.
No.43864
Anonymous
>>43863

Maybe Tony spaced him before things went down because he knew he'd be a liability.
No.43865
Anonymous
Replies:>>43872
>>43863
Good, he wouldn't make sense in that movie except as backstory justification for the SHRA analogue. Showing up in person would fuck the point of that up.
No.43872
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>43865

I think Hulk will be part of the justification, but if the leaked spoilers about Civil War are to be trusted, another part of that justification will be the Avengers fucking up their fight with Crossbones and causing another round of collateral damage. The SHRA analogue exists in this film so the world governments can regulate when and where the Avengers operate to minimize collateral damage. It’s literally a “who watches the watchmen” situation.
save file
image:144147205400.png(167kB , 663x511 , Screenshot 2015-09-05 at 11.48.20 AM.png)
>The Marvel Creative Committee was responsible for all the good movies
>All the bad movies were made without the MCC

Yeah, I'm not buying it. It's becoming desperately clear BC is being used to downplay all of Feige's involvement with Marvel Studios.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/04/which-of-the-marvel-studio-films-did-the-creative-committee-influence-most/
No.43876
Anonymous
>>43875
Yea I really doubt that, just so happens the most lackluster films are the ones they had the least influence. I guess to the layman that doesn't read comics for long periods and doesn't know the styles of that Braintrust could be fooled by such a claim.
No.43877
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>43875

This seems too coincidental. I can't believe it without more evidence.
No.43880
Anonymous
Replies:>>43881
It's true IM2 was harmed specifically because Feige himself meddled too hard in it, so I'm wary of him having sole control. But the author is trying too hard to spin correlation into causation and rely on the (probably not entirely true) implication that the MCC's involvement is inversely proportional to Feige's, when a positive report of the degree of Feige's input on each movie would've been the more meaningful thing to report on if there was actually a pattern to be found in it. I mean, some of the people on this committee are Quesada, Millar, and Bendis. They can barely idea their way past the comics medium, let alone live-action.

Also go ahead and laugh, but I enjoyed IM3 and AOU and hated GOTG and Thor 2.
No.43881
T4 was here
>>43880
Okay I have too ask... What was wrong with GotG?
No.43882
T4 was here
>>43881
Wait I get it!
Both that brooding boars who wants to kill everyone with a magic rock as a bad guy.
They even have kind of the same look.
That fucking sucks when you think about it and if that goes away with Feige(whoever that is) that I may give a shit.
save file
image:144158359600.jpg(60kB , 640x640 , Ronan Malekith.jpg)
No.43894
Anonymous
>>43881
I found most of the humor really unfunny and fratboyish. Star-Lord was such a manchild it became actually annoying and was only saved by being Chris Pratt. Gamora was bland and underwhelming. And yeah, Ronan was a really awful villain, though I think bad villains are Feige's fault since the Sony emails showed him pushing for focus on heroes over villains.

It wasn't all bad though. Yondu was pretty badass, the Collector was cool for the short amount of time he was on, and Rocket provided some genuine emotional drama.
No.43895
Anonymous
http://www.nerdspan.com/rumors-marvel-studios/

Even if the Creative Committee did have more input on some of the movies considered "good", that's not to say the advice was of any value, or that it was even taken. Their plans for how the first Captain America movie should go were awful, and it was Feige who pushed for Rocket Raccoon.
No.43924
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>43925
Jessica Jones gets a teaser trailer—and a release date:

//youtube.com/watch?v=ywZE-NEJ2Ikyoutube thumb
No.43925
Anonymous
>>43924
Over/under on Paul Rudd showing up as Scott Lang?
No.43926
Anonymous
Good I'd say. Be a good world to put She-Hulk doing her law thing into
Replies:>>43972
save file
video:144268795600.webm(1.66MB , 852x480 , Gag.Reel.Avengers.AoU.ST1.webm)
Guys, something that occured to me...

What if Marvel Studios goes full trolling with the teasing, and Cap NEVER says it?
save file
image:144272689300.jpg(62kB , 852x480 , ade86ab89ba8dca31e5f57786454b3a3.jpg)
>>43970
Hehehe, cool reaction image fodder.
No.44006
Anonymous
Replies:>>44008
>>44005
It's noticeable that they admit it is not a bad movie at all.
No.44007
Anonymous
>>44005
I like that the sanest package of criticism for this movie comes from a goddamn comedy series.
No.44008
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44006

It’s not really a bad movie, so much as it’s a mediocre one, especially when compared to a 2015 flick about a road trip across a barren wasteland. (And no, I don’t mean Vacation.)
No.44009
Anonymous
>>44005
While I do agree with almost all points in the honest trailer, there is also this

>the heroes fight a lot of faceless generic bag guys

See, this is a very common complain about the movie, and I just don't get it. Superheroes punch a LOT of generic goons, it comes with the material.

Let's take the Nolanbats trilogy (not really trying to stir the Marvel Vs DC fires, just taking what's considered the cream of the crop of the superhero genere), in Begins the cannon fodder that Batman punched for most of the nmovie were generic mafia thugs and generic Ninjas. TDK had the Joker's goons, which were generic and unremarkable (at least Burton's Joker had good ole' Bob!). TDKR had a ton of League of Shadows mercs, and besides Bane can you name any of them, or remember any that was particulary interesting?

In Man of Steel, besides Zod and Faora, the only other Krptonian baddie who isn't just background noise is Nam-Ek, and the guy literally was faceless. Ironman had the generic Ten Rings cannon fodder. Captain America had the generic Hydra cannon fodder. In X-Men DOTFP, I don't recall Nimrond Sentinel #1 having a nuance that distinguished him from Nimrond Sentinel #2 and #3.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate when a movie does give some color and personality to the henchmen (yes, Fury Road is a great example of this), but complaining about something as normal, standard and commonplace as "the heroes punch lot of faceless cannon fodder" is a bit silly to me.
No.44010
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44009

>Man of Steel
>the only other Kryptonian baddie who isn't just background noise is Nam-Ek

…CUE THE DBZ JOKES.
No.44011
Anonymous
There is no such a character as "Nam-Ek" in Man of Steel.

No, seriously, there isn't. I know everybody reffers as Nam-Ek to the big guy who assists Faora in the fight with Supers, but check the film's credits. No character goes by that name.

The guy who often gets credited as playing Nam-Ek is Revard Dufresne, but in the actual movie he plays a Kryptonian named Dev-Em.

Perhaps the Dev-Em guy is not actually the same guy fighting alongside Faora (Dev-Em noticeably wears a different armor), and people mistakenly assumed so because the actor is pretty tall. Perhaps that character is indeed Nam-Ek and it doesn't have credits because in the fight he is a CGI construct, I don't know.
No.44012
Anonymous
Replies:>>44013
>>44009
In the Marvel movie case it's because an indeterminate number of faceless goons isn't a very exciting climax, and both armies have the indeterminate number of faceless goons as the main theat. Man of Steel has faceless henchmen, but the big exciting battle at the end of the film is Zod. Batman films end with complicated schemes and the main villain personally matched up against him. But in Avengers, both films end with the big threat being... a bunch of easily dispatched mooks who are only considered dangerous because there's a lot of them.
No.44013
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44017
>>44012

It’s why the climax to Winter Soldier was so good: while Cap and his compatriots had to deal with the larger threat of Hydra's overall plan and take down loads of faceless goons, each of the major showdowns from the climax were personal affairs (Cap and Bucky, Black Widow/Fury and Pierce, Falcon and Pierce's right-hand man). Compare that to the climax of Age of Ultron, where all of the Avengers were almost exclusively fighting Ultron’s army, the final defeat of Ultron came down to a “post-battle” scene with Vision, and nothing about the “final fight” felt as personal as the Winter Soldier climax.

Even Guardians of the Galaxy suffered from the “impersonal climax” issue by having most of the final fight come down to Ronan and his army vs. the Guardians, the Ravagers, and the Nova Corps. Yeah, you do get to see some personal moments in that huge clash, but the Nova Corps’ sacrifice feels pointless because they’re essentially an army of “good guy goons” that you’re given no real reason to care about, and Ronan’s threat never felt specifically personal to any of the Guardians. Again, compare that to Winter Soldier, where Cap thought of Hydra’s plans as an attack on both America and the ideals for which the country stands—ideals for which he fights. Even Man of Steel took a similar approach by turning two of the climactic action scenes into personal clashes between Superman and Zod/his henchmen despite the larger threat of Zod’s plan.
No.44017
T4 was here
Replies:>>44020
>>44013
>Pierce's right-hand man
You mean Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones, right?
No.44020
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44037
>>44017

Yes, wasn't sure of the name.
No.44036
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=pxIfBEQ9IiUyoutube thumb

Test audiences are morons.
No.44037
T4 was here
>>44020
And that makes the point of marvel using its rouge gallery or something I forgot where I was going with that.
Anyway lego //youtube.com/watch?v=JlS1BZ0ufUUyoutube thumb
No.44042
Anonymous
So Taika Waititi is all but confirmed for Thor 3. His forte is in comedy and the very premise of Thor Ragnarok seems like it's going to be a really serious movie so I'm not sure if it's the best match, but then again it worked magic for The Winter Soldier, and they did say this one is going to be Phase 3's equivalent of that.
No.44049
Anonymous
http://marvel.com/news/movies/25244/marvel_studios_phase_3_update

Big Phase 3 update. I'm actually pretty excited about the Ant-Man sequel. Glad it's going to be more about the Wasp this time around. Always did like her better.
No.44050
Jumpman
Replies:>>44052
Marvel continues to take baby steps in making a female superhero movie by delaying Captain Marvel and making Wasp second fiddle to Ant-Man.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/25244/marvel_studios_phase_3_update

In fairness, Thor and Black Panther are getting delayed as well for Spider-Man.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/10/8010257/marvel-delays-thor-black-panther-captain-marvel-inhumans
No.44051
Jumpman
Wait, my mistake. Black Panther got pushed up Feb 2018. And Thor 3 is set for Nov 2017.

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-phase-4/
No.44052
T4 was here
>>44050
>Marvel continues to take baby steps in making a female superhero movie
Atlest this is still coming up.
http://www.therobotsvoice.com/2015/10/new-jessica-jones-teaser-for-purple-man.php

Also with her having been cast, Carol can totally show up early in someone elses movie.
No.44053
T4 was here
No.44054
Anonymous
Wish Wasp had her name put at the forefront of her movie title, but I actually don't really mind Captain Marvel getting delayed. It's disappointing that they're so slow to make a female-led movie, but KSD's Captain Marvel reboot is... really damn mediocre. Like, it's not terrible, but it's really boring, and the Carol Corps is kinda Sueish. She doesn't have enough strong material to make me excited for her in the way that I am for Black Panther. Black Widow might've only been good in one out of the four movies she showed up in but even she's got a stronger foundation.
No.44056
Anonymous
>>44052
>Also with her having been cast, Carol can totally show up early in someone elses movie.

Looking into this comment, apparently people are assuming Rhonda Rousey is going to be Carol?

Because boourns to that casting, Katee Sackhoff is Carol Danvers.
No.44057
Anonymous
>>44056
I don't think anyone's been considered yet. Much like they haven't cast anyone for the Iron Fist show, they haven't figure out what they want to do with it yet.
No.44058
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44056

It's not so much people are assuming Rousey will get the role, so much as people think she’d be a good fit in terms of having the right “look” for a role like Carol.
No.44060
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44064
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/09/nycc-15-inhumans-movie-cancelled-by-marvel-as-film-goes-to-war-with-tv/

Hmmm.
No.44061
Anonymous
meh I think its more

>We don't really need an inhumans centric movie.

And they are right, I mean most of it would be them sitting around in their shining castle in the ocean or the dark side of the moon. And we get that with Thor already.
No.44062
Anonymous
Also the movie was 4ish years away, cancelling is the same as delaying in that time frame. If this was news about Dr. Strange getting cancelled (not just from a rumor at that) then I might need to check my jimmies for rustling.
No.44064
Anonymous
>>44060
>Rich Johnston
>"In the New York bars last night I heard from other well connected sources"

This is the same guy who was spewing all sorts of conspiracy theories about Feige vs. Perlmutter even though multiple sources over the last few years explicitly contradict the things he said. I'd take everything he says with a minefull of salt.
No.44065
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbMyoutube thumb

Ultron: The Lizard King.
No.44066
Anonymous
Replies:>>44067
To be entirely fair, an Inhumans movie is becoming sorta redundant as the TV show is turning into Marvel's Inhumans of SHIELD.
No.44067
Anonymous
Replies:>>44068
>>44066
The Inhumans movie would presumably deal with the Royal Family of Attilan, while AOS focuses on them frmo the ground level.
No.44068
Anonymous
Replies:>>44069
>>44067
Best case scenario, that movie would have been three seasons deep from SHIELD starting to do Inhumans. That's plenty of room to hit the Royals. Just with a worse budget.
No.44069
Anonymous
>>44068
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/marvel-is-indeed-still-releasing-inhumans-to-theaters-in-2019
It looks like Marvel already cordoned stuff off from AOS so they could save it for the movies, which is unsurprising. Also this article essentially confirms the movie will be focused on the royals.
No.44082
Anonymous
Replies:>>44086
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hellfire-legion-television-series-marvel-fox-fx-1201618177/

Hmm, so far official sources are denying that FF rights are back at Marvel, but it's possible they have another Sony Spider-Man situation on their hands and are waiting for the movie to leave theaters/hassle out some final bits on the contract. I can't think of what else Fox might give back in return for these rights.
No.44083
Anonymous
Replies:>>44084
Also, apparently the Hulk is going to be in Thor 3. Good for those of us who don't really care about Thor.
No.44084
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44085
>>44083

Good for Hulk, too. Until Marvel can suss out an idea for a Hulk movie that isn't Planet Hulk or another retread of the same material that Incredible Hulk and the two Avengers films covered, making Big Green part of the supporting cast is the best way of using him.
No.44085
T4 was here
>>44084
Hope they let Hulk have personalty this time.

Also I'd love seeing Banner freaking Jane and C/O out.
>Hey guys I brought an avanger scients buddy
>Oh, I'd love to meet Mr. Staraahhhhh!
No.44086
Anonymous
>>44082
Well the rumor mill is putting two X-men related pieces on the floor. As bad as Fox mucked up they may have to settle for Giving back all of FF and just getting joint ownership of TV X-men.
save file
image:144530083300.jpg(151kB , 900x1366 , baron-zemo-vs-captain-america.jpg)
http://uk.businessinsider.com/captain-america-civil-war-baron-zemo-does-not-wear-purple-mask-2015-10?r=US&IR=T

>"He does not wear the mask," he said, referring to the purple cloak the character is famous for wearing after a vat of powerful adhesive, known as Adhesive X, spilled all over him during a fight with Captain America, preventing Zemo from ever removing it.

>"You would be surprised, it's different than what you'd think," said Brühl, talking about the Zemo character we see in "Civil War." "It's loosely connected to this character. But that's what I like about the Marvel guys, some of the characters and things they're dealing with always reference to current events so my character is from a different area than you would think."
No.44102
Anonymous
>>44096
Good, I like the mask but it would frankly look pretty stupid in live action.
No.44104
Anonymous
>>44102
They'll probably put it in a picture or coat of arms though.
No.44106
Anonymous
Replies:>>44115
>>44102
I don't know. The Helmut version of the mask is basically just a purple balaclava, and that should barely raise an eyebrow.
Replies:>>44116
save file
image:144563344500.jpg(57kB , 750x750 , 2014-New-Lycra-Full-Face-Mask-font-b-Balaclava-b-font-Winter-Ski-Beanie-Stretch-Cap.jpg)
>>44106
Yup.
No.44116
Anonymous
>>44115
Dunno, that looks kinda dorky. Perhaps if it was on a darker shade of purple.
No.44119
The Sneaky Tiki
>>44096
That's disappointing on a profound level.
No.44123
T4 was here
Replies:>>44124
>>44122
>oh for got to say something
Speaking of Purple, this looks to be a way better bad guy because fuck.
That policestation clip.
No.44124
Anonymous
>>44123
So Punisher DareDevil we've already got establish in the gritty streets of marvel. Others I feel fit into this tone are Moon Knight. Sleepwalker and Darkhawk.
No.44131
Anonymous
So, I guess the "purple" part of the Purple Man is when he uses his powers
save file
image:144641528400.jpg(236kB , 1024x682 , 6Sw3PHa.jpg)
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/660714798657630210
No.44173
Anonymous
Awww lil Beast
No.44174
Anonymous
Awww lil Beast
No.44175
Anonymous
>>44172
Man, I wish he could have had a chance to have also commited this level of enthusiam to being the Flash, rather than settling for Green Lantern....
No.44176
Anonymous
>>44172
Shit, that's adorable.
No.44180
Jumpman
>REESE: And we had some angels on our shoulder too, this movie had some very quiet unsung heroes. One of them was Jim Cameron, who’s a friend of Tim Miller, and read the script at a key moment a few years back. He said he would read it and we were like, [Sarcastically] “Oh yeah, he will read it.” And literally he read it that night and got back to us the next morning.

>WERNICK: He was procrastinating I think on Avatar 2.

>REESE: But he read it and he went to Jim Gianopulos and he got it on the radar in a really big way. David Fincher was another guy who was a big help for us, he’s also a friend of Tim’s, and he loved the script and he pushed forward with the executives at certain key moments. Having guys like Fincher and Cameron pushing certainly didn’t hurt and we very well might not be sitting here if it hadn’t been for those two guys.

http://geektyrant.com/news/deadpool-writers-reveal-james-cameron-and-david-fincher-helped-get-the-movie-made
No.44219
T4 was here
Replies:>>44220
I just want to say that I want to watch Iron Fist series over Punisher.
Magic Kung Fu Fighting > Grimdark Gun Guy
No.44220
Anonymous
Replies:>>44222
>>44219
Well, you are getting it, so... yay?
No.44222
Jumpman
Replies:>>44225
>>44220
I believe recent rumors point to Punisher getting its own Netflix series, while Marvel will produce an Iron Fist movie for Netflix. With the cause being Marvel is unsure how to adapt Iron Fist and everyone being incredibly pleased with Jon Bernthal as Punisher.
No.44225
Anonymous
Replies:>>44231
>>44222
I've seen that rumor, and it comes from a [i]really[i] dubious source so I wish people would stop parroting it without further verification. It's possible that it may be true, but we can't say at this point.
No.44231
T4 was here
>>44225
But we Iron Fist fans still need to make our voices heard just in case.
No.44237
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44239
Ronda Rousey got her shit kicked in (near-literally) last night.

I’m guessing that’ll put an end to those “Rousey will be Captain Marvel” rumors.
No.44239
Anonymous
Replies:>>44240
>>44237
After watching Sicario, I'm seriously pulling for Emily Blunt.
No.44240
Anonymous
>>44239
A lot of people are, and she was this close to being cast in the MCU twice, but apparently nobody's approached her for Captain Marvel yet. Maybe she's a little too "grim" looking for Carol but she's definitely got the chops acting wise.
No.44248
rasputin_zero
>>44240
She's typecast as the "badass action lady" a lot (which I think Sicario brilliantly subverts since she's the one trying the pull the brakes on a pack of 'roided assholes acting like "badass action dudes"), but I'm not sure she's the right fit for Carol. Danvers is more of a go-getting reach-for-the-stars character, there's a strain of optimism to her badassery. Although Blunt should be able to capture Carol's often-conflicted willingness to leave friends and loved-ones behind to explore the cosmos.
No.44249
T4 was here
So JJ is up.
DAMN! That first episode.
>>44240
The grim level just went up.
No.44251
T4 was here
Replies:>>44252
And so far the biggest complain is "Just call SHEILD on his ass already".

But I love how hard they are pushing Luke.
No.44252
Anonymous
Replies:>>44254
>>44251

SHIELD doesn't bother with Street Level. Least that has been the excuse in the past.
No.44254
Anonymous
>>44252
That is severely disproven by Agents of SHIELD, which has pissed about a lot on Street Level.
No.44255
Anonymous
So how does JJ compare to DD?
No.44258
Anonymous
>>44255
The first ep of Jessica Jones was better than the first ep of Daredevil, that much I can say.
save file
image:144813403300.jpg(423kB , 1023x1423 , drdoomPurpleMan.jpg)
3 episode for the end.
Hope Kilgrave lives so he can get pwned like this in the future.

But with like Vision or something instead.
No.44261
T4 was here
And its done.

The only bullshit was the "pepole refues to belive in supernatural" thing.
Mindcontroll have been around since the 40's in this universe, for fucks same!
Just call Shield and ask.(why they arnt on top of this)

They deserve to get stepped on by the next big bad with an attitude like that.
Like walk into a busy freeway with your eyes closed.
Fucking stupid.
>>44255
I like it better but then I am not much for street level.(Only when its like TMNT where ANYTHING can happen, muggers, ninjas, aliens, timewizards, its all good.)
Thats way Iron Fist is the one I want to watch the most.
No.44265
Anonymous
Eh, liked it, but it definitely wasn't as good as Daredevil. Pacing was all over the place, and while Killgrave was great, Fisk was much better used and developed in his show. Plus, the action scenes were meh, it's kinda annoying how the show conveniently forgets that Jessica has superstrength whenever it fits the plot.
No.44279
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44284
So…whose side are you on?

//youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFoyoutube thumb
save file
image:144843029200.png(147kB , 565x331 , CUomUA3UYAAEjyg.png)
And here’s a better look at Black Panther’s costume.
No.44281
Anonymous
>>44280
The angle makes me think of Magneto way too much.
No.44282
T4 was here
Replies:>>44285
No.44283
Anonymous
>>44280
That's...really good actually.
No.44284
Anonymous
>>44279
The most comforting thing about that trailer is that the cast looks a lot smaller than the early information let on.
No.44285
Anonymous
>>44282
1- People back out of contracts all the time.
2- If you think Joe Queseda isn't going to lie to you, you probably don't actually read comics, because man his BS levels are barely sub-Didio.
3- The Defenders ran like 156 issues in it's original series, back when people actually read comic books. Even as a low selling C-tier book, it probably sold better than anything Jessica Jones has ever been in before this TV show.
No.44286
Anonymous
Replies:>>44287
I really dig that this version of Civil War gives them a bit more personal reason for their positions and keeping it small I think is a boon compared to the comic. Much better than a bunch of Jackass D-Listers blowing up a school.
No.44287
Anonymous
Replies:>>44288
>>44286
Kevin Feige was saying from Day One that the movie would probably not have a lot in common with the comics. He knows it sucks, he knows people want the movie to be something else.
No.44288
Anonymous
>>44287
So far it works a bit better, Tony decides that after some soul searching that they need to some oversight. But given what Cap has gone through in fighting HYDRA within SHIELD he doesn't trust anyone taking the role along with their manhunt of Bucky.

Its a pretty good setup.
No.44290
Anonymous
Replies:>>44291
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/captain-america-civil-war-trailer-breakdown/
>“When people leave the theatre, they’re going to be arguing about who was right in the movie, whether it was Tony, or whether it was Cap,” says Joe Russo. “Tony has a very legitimate argument in the movie that’s a very adult point of view, about culpability, about the Avengers’ responsibility to the world, and the world’s right to have some sort of control over the Avengers. It’s a very complicated emotional arc for Tony Stark in this movie. Downey is utterly amazing in the part. I think he’s taking this character he’s been crafting for years and goes to some very risky places in the movie with the character.”
>no Tony the retarded Fuhrer

Thank you based Russos.
No.44291
Anonymous
Replies:>>44292
>>44290
We've already seen him go through more than we got in the comics, not having the damned Illuminati around I think is a boon to the growth.
No.44292
Anonymous
Replies:>>44293
>>44291
There are a lot of ways that MCU Iron Man is a lot better as a character than 616 Iron Man.

MCU Iron Man will probably not ever need to be rebooted AS A PERSON multiple times. Between Armor Wars, The Crossing, Civil War, and the Illuminati, (not to mention Superior Iron Man), Tony is basically a villain that sometimes saves the world.
Replies:>>44294
save file
image:144855015200.jpg(68kB , 500x409 , Anthony_Stark_(Earth-42777)_002.jpg)
>>44292
That isn't really something new, quite a few alternate stories have shown that Tony could easily outdoom Doom if he went full superviilain.
No.44294
T4 was here
Replies:>>44295
>>44293
And to bring it back to Purpleman, remember this?
//youtube.com/watch?v=OVX4buXghaAyoutube thumb
No.44295
Anonymous
Replies:>>44296
>>44294
Why do you haunt me with these visions of a past long gone?
save file
image:144866086200.jpg(873kB , 743x1117 , iron_spider_man___simon_gough_colors_by_spiderguile-d791wlu.jpg)
>>44295
Because it has Tony taking over the world.
Thats whats we are talking about right?

Also I hope when they first show of spidy it in the IronSpider suit, because I like that suit even if the toys can get the shine right.
And then we can get the awesome promo poster with Spidy in the middle doing the two-face thing with both suits with Cap and Tony on the sides with a red and blue background.
Being stuck in the middle was Spidy's thing in civil war after all.
save file
image:144901276300.jpg(36kB , 433x640 , Deadpool-International-poster.jpg)
>@$$
No.44309
Anonymous
Replies:>>44310
So I recently got a subscription to Marvel Unmilinted and I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for me. I've always been more of a DC guy so I haven't read much Marvel stuff.

So far I've read:
Cable & Deadpool
G.L.A.
Spider-Man Noir
Spider-Man Noir Eyes Without a Face
Moon-Knight (not sure what volume, but it was Bendis's run)
I've also read the first few issues of the current Ms. Marvel

So far I've enjoyed all of it. I'm open to just about any character or continuity so whatever you guys think is good feel free to recommend. My only preference is that the story (or story arc) is completed and that it isn't some big crossover event (I'd like to get to know the characters a bit more individually first).

I know there's tons of rec lists and stuff out there, I'm just wondering if anyone here has any specific suggestions. Whatever you think is good or 'mandatory reading.'
No.44310
Anonymous
>>44309
Whoops, sorry. Thought I was on /co/.
save file
image:144910771200.jpg(608kB , 612x816 , tumblr_nyqn4es0n81s90yt2o1_1280.jpg)
It's so dumb so why am I laughing so hard at this?
No.44317
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44315

That had to go through multiple people. At least two people had to agree on publishing that cover copy.

And they all thought it was a good idea.
No.44318
Anonymous
Replies:>>44319
>>44315
>he's tall, powerful and has claws a housewife would envy
Jesus christ.
No.44319
Anonymous
>>44318
Well REAL Housewife, which I guess is referring to any of those shit dramas about a bunch of bitchy women bitching about stuff. That's pretty topical....right?
No.44350
T4 was here
Okay, so I just learned that one of Kilgraves comic powers is a healing factor.
yay~
No.44357
T4 was here
Replies:>>44358
//youtube.com/watch?v=COvnHv42T-Ayoutube thumb
Well this dont seem to be fucking around.
No.44358
Anonymous
Replies:>>44364
>>44357
So Non Mystique and Battle Buddies.

Some of those CGI affects looking rather janky, Archangel looking really bad. And that Go Fast effect on Quicksliver is just horrible.

Which ends in the question did they cut the budget for this one or just run out in places.
No.44364
Anonymous
>>44358
The optimist's response is that the CGI isn't finalized. Then the optimist remembers that this is a fox property.
No.44365
Anonymous
>>44364

Fox is just so odd in their attitude with X-men, people were thrilled at seeing not black leather, then were back to that and worse for most the cast.

Apocalypse showing up would be a great way to bring in Cable since the bit with him is Apocalypse has to be dealt with at a time he's not at his final form and unstoppable.

Did like that once scene hint with him getting huge, but I can pretty much bank on that being in Charles head and not a real ability.

I'd really love a good X-men franchise, but they keep holding back too much and dropping the ball elsewhere.
No.44366
Anonymous
>>44364
What's so bad about Fox? Fant4stic seems to have been a fluke in terms of shittiness, their last X-Men was great and Deadpool looks like it will too.
No.44367
Mister Twister
Replies:>>44370
Music, television, and film.

So, time for some music. This needs to be heard by lots and lots of people:
//youtube.com/watch?v=NyiZN7_mwa8youtube thumb
No.44370
Anonymous
>>44367
Did you post in the wrong thread?
No.44371
Anonymous
Replies:>>44373
People are frothing on the mout at Apocalypse but I honestly think he looks fine. OTOH, his voice sounds too normal, like it was just some guy. Should be very easy to fix in post-production, put some filters there dammit!
No.44373
Anonymous
>>44371
Sadly, Apocalypse will never reach the heights he hit in the Fox cartoon anywhere ever again.

Now THAT was a guy who monologued like a millenia old blight on humanity.
No.44374
Anonymous
>>44373
And he was basically unstoppable, unless you used Time Travel to kneecap his power level by messing up his regen cycle.
No.44379
Anonymous
>>44373
He was also pretty cool and menacing in X-Men Evo, and in the X-Men Legends 2 game the guy got shit done HARD. I mean, he nuked NY midway through the game. And he gets kudos for being the first screen-filling final boss in Capcom's fighting games.
No.44502
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44536
Surprise! This is a different kind of superhero story.

The “Even More NSFW” red band trailer for Deadpool:

//youtube.com/watch?v=ZIM1HydF9UAyoutube thumb
No.44536
Anonymous
>>44502
I like it, hitting lots of the comic beats.
save file
image:145131357600.jpg(159kB , 612x816 , Benedoctor Strangerbatch.jpg)
Hell of a thing to spring on us at the end of 2015, Marvel.
No.44550
Anonymous
>>44549
He's never not going to look like the feature of a Giorgio Tsoukalos show but the beard does go a long way towards making his face more human looking.
No.44553
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44549

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/12/28/more-magical-pictures-and-concept-art-of-doctor-strange
No.44563
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44564
So Marvel figured, hey, while we’re showing off our shit, let’s drop the new Punisher on your asses:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/12/29/netflixs-daredevil-reveals-the-punisher
Replies:>>44570
save file
image:145141251300.jpg(107kB , 826x967 , 4458406-daredevil.png)
>>44563
>
>http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/12/29/netflixs-daredevil-reveals-the-punisher

Is it wrong that I thing this Daredevil suit looks better?
It got the whole all bloodRed color thing going atlest...
Replies:>>44570
save file
image:145149268400.jpg(134kB , 1280x1768 , daredevil0002.jpg)
Such a strange helmet
No.44570
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>44576
I remember a really awesome redesign from a while back where the mask had no visible eyes and a cage over the ears to protect them while not obstructing them and in my head I was like "THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT DAREDEVIL'S COSTUME WOULD BE LIKE."

>>44566
>>44564
There is actually a really good reason why the new series costume looks worse than the movie costume, the series costume is hundreds of times easier to put on than the movies costume and far less expensive, furthermore if damaged props can whip up a section of it, pop off the damage and swap. That's why TV series have "tacticool" suits, they are waaaaay more cost effective. The Flash season 1 DVD has some great stuff on it where Grant Gustin is discussing how the first suit was EXACTLY the comics suit, took over an hour to put on, breathed like 6 feet of dirt and had to be entirely replaced every time it was damaged. Then they compartmentalized it, got it down to 10 minutes which and breathable enough he could actually run without keeling over, They took lessons they learned from Arrow and Marvel in turn took lessons for Daredevil, hence the current costume. Unsurprisingly the Daredevil movie costume was an absolute nightmare to wear.
No.44576
Anonymous
>>44570
>had no visible eyes

That would be dumb, revealing to his enemies that he is blind.
Replies:>>44580
save file
image:145152398300.jpg(417kB , 1688x1000 , daredevil-comic-cover-jpg.jpg)
>>44576
Yeah, I can't imagine him doing something like...that...
No.44580
Anonymous
>>44577

In the series it IS dumb, but he gets a pass because he just started doing the whole masked vilgilante thing and hasn't figured everything out. In the comics Matt counts on people not knowing he is blind, it's part of his battle tactics.
No.44591
T4 was here
>>44576
I think its kinda hard for them to notice with he jump you in the dark.
And works with the whole Batman "what is this badass even" thing.
No.44615
The Sneaky Tiki
>>44580
I can find absolutely no evidence of that in the comics, the eyes appear to be entirely stylistic.
No.44616
The Sneaky Tiki
>>44580
Also, it's FROM the comics that his mask has no eyes.
No.44725
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://www.wearewakanda.com/post/136893315817/

A closer look at the Black Panther suit from the Captain America: Civil War promo art.
No.44727
Anonymous
Replies:>>44770
>>44725
On one hand, basketball texture.

On the other, at least it's justfied bu the suit having the vibranium weave.
save file
image:145247748000.jpg(177kB , 1280x1825 , MiddleearthShadowofMordor_ConceptArt_Celebrimbor_Fairform.jpg)
>>44727
>>44725
I feel like it's what would happen if you made Celebrimbor forge a Black Panther suit.
No.44799
Anonymous
http://marvel.com/news/movies/25616/ryan_coogler_to_direct_marvels_black_panther

Awesome! Always thought he was a good fit for Black Panther, especially the Priest series which showed a more complex side to T'Challa.
Replies:>>44815
save file
image:145263410800.jpg(73kB , 1196x456 , deadpool lies 90fDoYI.jpg)
No.44815
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>44814

Deadpool lied
Relationships died
No.44818
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
And if the trailers weren’t a clue as to what the filmmakers were aiming for, Deadpool officially has its “R” rating (for “strong violence and language throughout, sexual content and graphic nudity”).
No.44881
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44886
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/01/16/punisher-spin-off-brewing-over-at-netflix

Well, there’s one big spoiler for Season Two of Daredevil.
No.44886
Anonymous
Replies:>>44887
>>44881
Marvel doesn't really kill off their main characters, not for good at least. Punisher dying was never a real possibility.
No.44887
Anonymous
>>44886
Get knocked about by Kingpin a bit, get turned into a black man for a bit and then hang out with Luke Cage for a bit.
No.44888
Anonymous
Wait, people thought The Punisher would die in the tv show? Why?
No.44889
Anonymous
Replies:>>44890
How does Rebels stack up to TCW qualitywise?
No.44890
Anonymous
>>44889
It's hard to say.

Rebels can only really be measured on an episode by episode basis, but it's started to pick up.
TCW had a pretty rocky beginning too after all.
No.44893
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Jessica Jones got its Season Two greenlight from Netflix.
No.44894
Anonymous
>>44893
Cool, wonder if they'll bring in another character to backdoor in that one. Jennifer Walters wouldn't be a bad choice.
No.44901
Anonymous
>>44893
I wonder who they'll use as the villain this time around, since the Purple Man was such a major part of her storyline. We'll probably get more Jessica/Luke romance this time around.
No.44902
Anonymous
>>44901
Plenty of street level villians to use in the Marvel Universe. Many that could actually cross and expand the world further.
No.44936
Anonymous
>>44901
Did they adapt the "Maddie Franklin gets kidnapped and turned into a living methlab" story?

They could do that, with most of the specific details completely removed.

Or something tying in to Civil War.
save file
image:145330815500.png(794kB , 1054x575 , why marvl is better tumblr_o0j7eqSEA61taohzgo2_1280.png)
I really hope this makes it into the movies.

Just Steven being a dork.
No.44951
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>44955
http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/netflix-marvel-character-can-get-tv-shows.html

An Unbeatable Squirrel Girl animated series when?
No.44955
Anonymous
Replies:>>44961
>>44951
Howard the Duck/She-Hulk Law and Order type show. Or how about a CSI type show with young heroes at a high school. New Warriors
No.44961
Anonymous
Replies:>>44970
>>44955
A She Hulk show could work, as long as it is comedy oriented.
No.44970
Anonymous
>>44961

Yea that could work. Hence the idea of fitting it with Howard the Duck. Be a good criminal investigation and defense prosecution setup.
No.44972
Anonymous
Replies:>>44976
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/martian-actor-nabs-key-doctor-858155?utm_source=twitter
Huh, so looks like they're going to have Wong after all.
No.44976
Anonymous
Replies:>>44978
>>44972
>Benedict Wong has been cast as Wong,

So, I guess they were just holding out on a guy ACTUALLY NAMED Wong?
No.44978
Anonymous
Replies:>>44982
>>44976

As they say two Wongs make it right.
No.44982
Anonymous
>>44978
You mean two Benedicts make it Wong.
Replies:>>45023
save file
image:145367488700.jpg(76kB , 600x537 , iron-man-3-lego-box-mandarin-ultimate-showdown.jpg)
http://comicbook.com/2015/12/17/captain-america-civil-war-lego-sets-may-reveal-giant-spoiler/
Ha... Saw that today when I picked up the new lego catalogue.
Looks awesome but FUCK me!
But dont forget about:
No.45023
Anonymous
Replies:>>45026
>>45022
Or the set with Hank Pym getting back into the Ant-Man suit.
save file
image:145373299600.jpg(428kB , 1500x1088 , antman lego 91lnsYm4UCL._SL1500_.jpg)
>>45023
Was that not just included so we could have a classic ant-man lego man?
Most sets in the price range has 3 minis as well, thats why the green lanturn set comes with space batman I guess.(also because batman I guess)
Still on my buy it when its on sale list.
No.45055
Anonymous
Replies:>>45056
//youtube.com/watch?v=YZEP6glW4AQyoutube thumb

How many movies put out a testicular cancer PSA?
No.45056
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45055

From the comments:

>Seriously though, Deadpool is doing more of a public service than any other male cancer awareness programs out there. Hilarious and depressing at the same time.
save file
audio:145439666700.mp3(88kB / 00:18s / 40kbps , 22.05kHz / hawktheme.mp3)
From the archives. Old MP3 folder from olden days.
No.45104
Anonymous
save file
image:145490958800.gif(3.74MB , 650x269 , 1454898688726.gif)
Acting! Singer shall now bring X-men back down to X3 levels. How dare it rise to First Class heights ever again.
No.45109
Anonymous
>>45108
I still haven't watch Future Past because Singer sent everyone back to the leather bar again...
No.45110
Anonymous
Replies:>>45111
>>45108
Thank god Oscar Isaac is in makeup for this because I don't want people to remember him for this thing.
No.45111
Anonymous
Replies:>>45113
>>45108
>>45110
Is it really that bad? Besides X3 had nothing to do with Singer. That was Brett Ratner, and even then he was hamstrung by the studio execs.
No.45112
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=0L7iH3foZU0youtube thumb
At least the Captain America Civil War spot looks pretty cool.
Replies:>>45114
save file
image:145491759800.jpg(226kB , 655x380 , caxv3cpwqaa6tio-168325.jpg)
>>45111
Beast "fur" looks cheap and even with the promise of "they'll have more color" I doubt it's going to be for any length of time. Also no Jubilee in the promo sign. That's just some gal who decided to fill the hole.
No.45114
Anonymous
Replies:>>45115
>>45113
Yikes that's awful. Either go all out with the leather or stick with the old suits. Both of them look less cheesy than this.
No.45115
Anonymous
>>45114
I just end up being very confused. Some of the CGI looks atrocious to laughable and the suits. X-men they didn't even try Villains they just about all stopped halfway through and then cut their costume budget since it doesn't look anywhere near as high end as it should. I mean at a distance its okay but the closer you get. It just looks cheap.

Hell out of all of them Jubilee looks the most like she should. Probably because she didn't get much attention.

I'm just really confused. I mean this had to have a higher budget than Deadpool yet it looks a lot worse.

>"We did it with a relative pittance compared to most superhero films, but it really allowed us to explore the character. When you see the movie, you would think it's a $150 million film, but actually it's not at all."

Straight from Deadpool himself. Well Ryan Reynolds but same difference by this point.

//youtube.com/watch?v=e0T8dLAyT6Iyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=623O1V7zKz0youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=a2h1FRZMy7Uyoutube thumb

More Pool and a Interview
//youtube.com/watch?v=4LGs81Ip8cgyoutube thumb

Honestly can't wait for the Directors Cut.
No.45116
Anonymous
Replies:>>45118
Speaking of Deadpool, my brother somehow got tickets to an early showing and while he can't give me details on it he fucking loved it. And reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are also similarly positive. Looks like this could be another repeat of AOU and Antman where the sillier lower-budget movie ends up being way better than the film actually intended as the big blockbuster.
No.45117
Anonymous
I'll respectfully disagree about ant man.
No.45118
Anonymous
>>45116
I'm glad its getting the praise its getting. Maybe it can be on the Level of Robocop The good one. The Original.

Or Guardians of the Galaxy.

Though some will not understand that the Juxtaposition of Manic and Morose is who Deadpool is. Wisecracks to cover his torment.

Making jokes in battle one moment then the next frantically digging through a mass grave hoping his kid isn't among them.
No.45134
T4 was here
Replies:>>45135
//youtube.com/watch?v=Xp76j7IDQKAyoutube thumb
>cause tons of colateral damage over a coke mini
Haha, what assholes.
Good to see Ant-man getting play doh.
No.45135
Anonymous
>>45134
Hulk goes on coke-fueled rampage
No.45144
Anonymous
Well, I got everything I wanted out of deadpool.
No.45145
Anonymous
Replies:>>45146
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-makers-of-deadpool-had-to-slash-7-million-from-the-1758147495

seems that any project ends up being at its best when it has to work within restrictions
No.45146
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45147
>>45145

Restrictions are the lifeblood of creativity.
save file
image:145531423500.jpg(147kB , 1600x1200 , 345801245.jpeg)
>>45146
http://www.techinsider.io/colossus-motion-capture-in-deadpool-2016-2

Indeed. Doing it better than movies with nearly twice the budget from what I've been hearing.

Fascinating how a parody turned into arguably one of the most human characters there is in Marvel comics. A walking tragedy.

Also who should play the white haired time traveling son of a Summers. I think someone that looks like a body builder but also has the mind to make the science mumbo he'll spout sound authentic.

I keep thinking Dolph.
save file
image:145538782400.jpg(1.18MB , 800x1067 , 2016_Toy_Fair_LEGO329__scaled_800.jpg)
And Spidy is still nowhere to be seen.
GOOD!
No.45149
Anonymous
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/02/13/deadpool-box-office-superhero-fatigue-strikes-again-with-record-47-5m-friday/#71a38a527e5c

>The film cost just $58 million to produce.

So even less of a budget than first thought.

Which makes X-Men Apocalypse looks are even more a puzzle since its got about three times the budget.
No.45150
Anonymous
Replies:>>45152
>>45149
Yeah, but like a third of that budget is tight young PA boys for Singer to sexually abuse at pool parties.
No.45151
Anonymous
>>45148
is that Lego Giant Man?
No.45152
Tiki
Replies:>>45153
>>45149
Already out of date, set to break 100M tonight, super impressive for an R-rated movie.

>>45150
Does Singer have a history I'm unfamiliar with?
No.45153
Anonymous
Replies:>>45154
>>45152
>Does Singer have a history I'm unfamiliar with?
Famously yes.
No.45154
Tiki
Replies:>>45155
>>45153
I had no idea, that's unfortunate, what comedian needs to draw attention to it for people to care?
No.45155
Anonymous
>>45154
He's got a thing for young men and the "casting couch". Hollywood with its "open secrets"
save file
image:145553100200.png(284kB , 507x576 , Screenshot 2016-02-15 at 4.08.43 AM.png)
>While the assumption is that rival distribution executives always like to snark on the competition, this morning they were in complete awe at Fox’s success. One marketing executive applauded Fox’s unconventional marketing campaign and its ability to pull a good portion of women to Deadpool. Another suit got to the heart of the matter as to why Deadpool is truly resonating: “The film has a self-deprecating tone that’s riotous. It’s never been done before. It’s poking fun at Marvel. That label takes itself so seriously, can you imagine them making fun of themselves in a movie? They’d rather stab themselves.” (X-Men and Deadpool film rights were sold to Fox years ago; thus falling outside the Disney Marvel empire).

>In sum, the anti-superhero movie, complete with nudity and bawdy jokes, drew an A CinemaScore and a 97% excellent/very good PostTrak score. The latter polling org also stated that 52% of all moviegoers felt that Deadpool met their expectations while another 45% said it exceeded them. Amazing.

http://deadline.com/2016/02/deadpool-zoolander-2-how-to-be-single-valentines-weekend-box-office-1201699895/
No.45159
Tiki
Replies:>>45180
>>45157
Zoolander 2 is doing super well too, that makes me happy, execs put on blast as female demographics finally get some decent movies to enjoy.
No.45160
Anonymous
Replies:>>45164
>>45157
Yeah, besides the movie actually being good, the marketing team did a stellar job and their effort is a big part of why the movie got huge numbers over the weekend.
No.45163
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Yesterday was Valentine’s Day. Today? Punishment Day.

//youtube.com/watch?v=m5_A0Wx0jU4youtube thumb
No.45164
Anonymous
>>45160
Whomever was part of that need to get a promotion to lead their whole department. If they weren't some genie and vanished after the film was released.
save file
image:145560202000.gif(29kB , 557x605 , 1454183098975.gif)
Just got back from Deadpool. Fuckin' aces. Probably my 3rd favorite marvel film, behind Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier. Or 4th if I count Days of Future Past.

Good stuff. I am hyped for CABLE.
No.45166
Anonymous
Stephen Lang (AKA Col. Quaritch from Avatar) wants to be Cable.

Lookwise he is a match, but I am not too sure about his odds to be cast. I mean, the man is already 63, and that may scare off Fox that he wiill be too old for future sequels. Plus Cable is supposed to be a full head taller than Deadpool, and yet Reynolds would tower over Lang. Yes, there is movie magic to fix that, but they would need it any time the two characters are onscreen together.

Also, holy shit Rob Liefeld's tweeter. The man's ego has grown a size or two in the past few days.
Replies:>>45171
save file
image:145564580700.jpg(839kB , 2448x3264 , zfZZ0us.jpg)
Looks like the final Wolverine film will be rated R, thanks to the success of Deadpool.
No.45171
Anonymous
Replies:>>45172
>>45170
Wait, the sequel to The Wolverine is also titled The Wolverine?
No.45172
T4 was here
Replies:>>45176
>>45171
No, its The Wolverine 2017.
No.45175
Anonymous
>>45166
Which is hilarious since they took literally every opportunity to rip on him in the movie.
No.45176
Anonymous
>>45172
No, it is The Wolverine III

What happened with part II, nobody knows.
No.45177
Tiki
I think it's actually suppose to be The Wolverine *clawmarks
No.45178
Anonymous
>>45166
I heart Lang, but I gotta give it to Dolph if its doable. The man is huge, smart and would definitely rock the part.

>>45157
http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/james-gunn-worried-deadpool-teach-wrong-lessons.html?mid=twitter_vulture
No.45179
Anonymous
>>45148
There was an article on this a while back, apparently the main reason they can't show Spidey is because Marvel and Sony are still working out the kinks on their merchandising contract.
No.45180
Anonymous
>>45159
I thought people hated Zoolander 2. Honestly I'm not even sure why it was made. The previous film ended fine the way it was.
No.45182
Anonymous
Replies:>>45183
>>45180
Watched it with the GF, and we both loathed the movie, terrible and pointless all around. It honestly felt like a cheap parody spoof made by Friedberg and Seltzer instead of a proper sequel to Zoolander.
No.45183
Tiki
>>45180
>>45182
Having only just seen it I agree and retract my previous comment.
save file
image:145587649000.jpg(70kB , 900x513 , golden-girls-funko.jpg)
Putting this here as its likely Deadpool and his Golden Girls hijinks he's been doing for months is parts of this.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/the-deadpool-phenomenon-and-the-american-male
https://deadline.com/2016/02/deadpool-ryan-reynolds-tim-miller-fox-success-no-one-can-explain-1201704587/

And Hollywood still wonders "Why?"

https://www.change.org/p/lorne-michaels-have-deadpool-host-saturday-night-live

And that would be such a great bit. Though sadly I don't think they could handle a revisit to the land of Samurai Futaba
No.45190
Anonymous
Replies:>>45191
>>45189
I did expect it to do pretty decently but I'm surprised and also glad it's as much of a smash hit as it turned out to be. Let's hope Fox doesn't stick too much of its meddling fingers into the sequel, although now that Tom Rothman's gone that won't be as much of a problem.
No.45191
Anonymous
>>45190
Fox did it best by giving it little budget and ignoring it. Continue that path for greatness.
Replies:>>45195
save file
image:145591298200.png(1.33MB , 933x763 , marvel fiddlefaddle tumblr_o2svwfheOk1taohzgo1_1280.png)
What I want out of Jessic Jones season 5.
No.45195
Anonymous
>>45194
awww to just get to that point of Jessica getting happy.
No.45221
Anonymous
>>45189
Ye gods it's funny to watch popular media try to make sense of the success. It would be funnier if they realized the reason they don't get it is precisely because they're part of the parody.

People are sick of their shit and the movie doesn't play by their rules.
No.45235
T4 was here
Replies:>>45237
Saw Deadpool yesterday.
It was great.

Only nitpick is that his face is not fucked up enough.
But we all knew that already.
No.45237
Anonymous
Replies:>>45241
>>45235
Yeah, that was pretty much my only real gripe with it too. His face wasn't near as grotesque as it should be. But to be fair, maybe it'll get more grotesque when he regrows it after it gets shot or something.

Another nitpick was the chimichangas reference was completely random and without context. Even all my college nerd friends only laughed awkwardly at that.

Other than that I was pleasantly surprised by how balanced it was and it stayed true to Deadpool's character. Like, ACTUALLY true. I genuinely expected him to start referencing outdated memes, but it never happened.
No.45240
Anonymous
Replies:>>45244
Civil War leaks from the motherland. *SPOILERS*

http://pikabu.ru/story/kadr_iz_quotpervyiy_mstitel_protivostoyaniequot_s_mertvyim_kapitanom_amerika_4006839

can't say I didn't see this coming
No.45241
Anonymous
>>45237
If Deadpool didn't go kek, that makes the chances of Leto Joker doing it astronomically higher. Oh dear.
No.45244
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45240
1.) That’s fake as all fuck.
2.) Some rumors have said the Civil War crew are actually filming several different death/funeral scenes to throw off potential spoiler reports and such. I don’t know if there’s any truth to those rumors, but I could believe it.
3.) Even if that pic is fake as fuck, I expect Steve to bite the big one here and somehow return for Infinity War Part II.
No.45245
Anonymous
In more certain news apparently Martin Freeman's playing Everett Ross. So I expect to see him in the upcoming Black Panther movie too, and it seems like basically a confirmation they're going to do one of the Priest storylines rather than McGregor's or Hudlin's.
No.45247
Anonymous
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/we-dont-want-150-million-to-go-make-the-next-movie-deadpool-writers-talk-sequel-x-men-plus-vfx-reel-and-more-20160222

I like the cut of these guys jib. They know how things worked best and are going to continue down that path. If had the chance I'd shake all their hands. Much respect.
No.45295
Anonymous
Replies:>>45297
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25/finn-jones-iron-fist

Ugh really? I know a lot of MCU actors get shit thrown their way about being miscast before they get a chance to prove themselves, but it's usually less about whether they're good at their job or not and more about whether they're the right fit for the role. This guy though? He just can't act.
No.45297
Anonymous
>>45295
But can he do sick kung fu shit?
Because I would take that.
No.45298
Anonymous
>>45297
Sounds like he's in a similar situation as David Carradine was back in Kung Fu. Fighting Skill wise. I'll wait and see.
No.45299
Anonymous
Replies:>>45313
>>45297
All I know about this guy is that he was on Game of Thrones.
No.45300
Anonymous
So when will Tumblr click over from hating him to wanting Luke to go Sweet Christmas on his Hershey Highway.
No.45313
Anonymous
>>45299
Just saw Deadpool and Ed Skrein who was abysmal in GOT as the first Daario was actually kinda cool and threatening here. So maybe we'll see the same thing happen with Jones as Iron Fist.
No.45367
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>45368
When asked by a shareholder about Deadpool's success and whether it might have an impact on Marvel films, Disney CEO Bob Iger had this to say: “We don't have any plans to make R-rated Marvel movies.”

Thank motherfucking God.
No.45368
Anonymous
Replies:>>45370
>>45367
Doesn't mean they can't make R-rated Marvel shows. Daredevil inches veeeeery close to that line.
No.45370
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45368

The Netflix shows are an entirely different matter, yeah. (And a Punisher series would practically be R/TV-MA by default.) But the MCU movies are where Disney stands to make the most dosh, so going four-quadrant PG-13 with those is the best possible bet.
No.45372
Anonymous
Replies:>>45377
Supposedly the new Iron Fist series will have Shang-Chi in it, which would help make up for some of the stereotypes the casting for Danny Rand might've caused.
No.45377
Anonymous
Replies:>>45379
>>45372
Yeah, the son of Fu Manchu will definitely counter any kind of negative stereotyping.
No.45379
Anonymous
>>45377
Shang-Chi is a pretty cool character in his own right and legally they're not allowed to use Fu Manchu anyway so they might replace him with someone else.
save file
image:145738486000.png(550kB , 960x540 , [Anime] [Sailor Moon Crystal] That's Bullshit.png)
>>45399
No.45403
Anonymous
Replies:>>45404
>>45399
>stupid comments on Youtube
Nothing new to see here.
No.45404
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>45403

Facebook, actually. But yeah.
No.45405
Anonymous
Replies:>>45406
>>45399
Boy howdy, she is in for a surprise once she realizes which "team" is actually on the government's side.
No.45406
Anonymous
Replies:>>45408
>>45405
Also she apparently didn't watch Winter Soldier which is almost criminal. I'm surprised so many people continue to think Steve is a Lawful Stupid type after that movie came out. Must have seen him in the Avengers films only.
No.45408
Anonymous
>>45406
Even in Avengers what she says doesn't really apply, he did become suspicious of SHIELD and found those secret beam weapons.
No.45421
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
New trailer for Civil War drops tomorrow. Rumblings in the underbelly of Hollywood suggest this trailer—the final one before the film’s release—might feature the reveal of the MCU Spider-Man.