/mtv/ - Music, Television & Film

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 210 posts, 34 files (33 image(s), 1 video(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /mtv/40262 Close window
Options
Replies:>>40946
save file
image:139967644500.jpg(8kB , 183x275 , Conchita.jpg)
MTV General

Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a P…youtube thumb

I haven't cried at a performance like this in a very long time.
Replies:>>40268
save file
image:139973790900.jpg(27kB , 500x507 , tumblr_n5bnr7Q98T1qgxab9o1_500.jpg)
Community didn't get pick up even though 4 might be it's best season.
No.40268
The-Bard
Replies:>>40270
>>40267
Season 1 didn't know what it wanted to be it was formulaic and filled with non parody drama . The best season was 2. 4 was unwatchable. 3 and 5 were too self-referential and zany.

The show was getting bad and needed to be ended before it turned to massive trash, which it was already on the way to being.
No.40269
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>40270
Season 4 was poor but watchable; I loved everything in Season 5. I'm sad it got cancelled; hopefully Netflix will pull an Arrested Development with it to finish off six seasons and a movie.
No.40270
The Sneaky Tiki
>>40268
>>40269
I honestly confused Season 4 with 5 because 4 was so forgettable I thought it only had 4 seasons.
No.40271
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Damn CBS canned just about all their Comedy Block Stuff, Again. The Mother Replacement was DOA IMO. Little Surprised with Crazy Ones.
No.40272
The Sneaky Tiki
The most impressive new comedy to me this season has been Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
No.40283
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Indeed I've rather liked the way that show plays out. I've found USA Sirens to be similarly enjoyable.
No.40284
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/10/canceled-shows-renewed-shows_n_5301669.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Wow such lists. Really CBS renew list isn't that impressive. Also why The Millers renewed?
Replies:>>40296
save file
image:139985162200.png(199kB , 511x431 , 1350840734429.png)
http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/film-tv/5481/supernonsense/
>Comic-book geeks have invaded Hollywood and turned mainstream movies into an endless parade of overblown, juvenile drivel. Kevin Maher says: they must be stopped before it's too late.
MY SIDES
No.40296
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>40295

Yeah, because Lord knows superhero movies have taken over cineplexes year-round in the same way westerns did.

Oh wait.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/10/can-cinema-withstand-the-current-glut-of-superhero-movies/
Replies:>>40302
save file
image:139985499300.gif(2MB , 320x252 , tumblr_n58d8nWdWc1qdlh1io1_400.gif)
Godzilla is getting it right.
No.40302
T4 was Here
>>40297
Just booked my ticket~
No.40311
Anonymous
Replies:>>40312
>>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-wants-to-riff-godzilla-live-in-theaters-n40297

Rifftrax looking to do the '98 Movie but need the scratch for the rights
No.40312
Jumpman
>>40311
Gonna donate when I get my check. Attended the Starship Troopers riff and loved it.
No.40321
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
File deleted
Zack Snyder tweeted the first image of the new Batsuit and the new Batmobile.

I dig it.

Now let’s all hope Batman vs. Superman doesn’t suck.
No.40323
Anonymous
The Batmobile kinda looks like the child of the Batmobile from the Tim Burton movies and the Tumbler.

The new costume definitely gives me Dark Knight Returns vibes.
No.40324
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Based on that single image, I have to say I like it. The short ears remind me of the 60s show, and the Batmobile looks interesting. It's not as "plated" as the Nolanverse Batman, but that's not a bad thing.
No.40331
Jumpman
File deleted
>After weeks of rumblings that he was the frontrunner, sources have told Variety that Skydance and Paramount have tapped Roberto Orci to direct Paramount and Skydance’s “Star Trek 3.”

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/roberto-orci-to-direct-star-trek-3-1201180140/
No.40353
MESIAS
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/10826867/Viggo-Mortensen-interview-Peter-Jackson-sacrificed-subtlety-for-CGI.html
>Aragorn was a life-changing role for him – the one that made him world-famous, and a bankable star. But he was cast very late, replacing original choice Stuart Townsend, who was fired by an unsatisfied Peter Jackson a day before filming started.[...]Now, 14 years on, Mortensen has enough distance from the series to admit that the process of making it was more or less complete chaos.

A pretty interesting interview.
No.40355
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>40358
Star Wars VII filming started.

Rumors say Disney might release the untouched original version of the Original Trilogy on Blu-ray by the time VII hits theaters.
No.40358
MESIAS
Replies:>>40361
>>40355
Let's hope for that. What's-his-face pretty much almost ruined them with all that CGI vomiting/pandering.
I wonder if Lucas still has the originals one locked down on his, ranch or if Disney took them already as part of the deal.
No.40361
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>40358

Even if Lucas doesn’t want to give ’em to Disney, plenty of other people have damn-near pristine prints of the Original Trilogy to use.

Disney knows people want ’em. Disney knows the next film’s release will mark a huge moment for the franchise. Those Blu-rays would make Disney tons of dosh, and Disney has the dosh needed to jump any hurdles.
No.40371
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>40372
Except that Fox has the rights to distribution of A New Hope in perpetuity, and the others (including prequels) until 2020. So if Disney did want to release a "master original" of the first trilogy, they would have to dance with Fox to do it, and I can't see that happening without some huge concession to Fox that Disney would take a long time to mull over.
No.40372
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>40371

Both Disney and Fox would make a mint. They'd be dumb as fuck not to work together on it.
No.40396
MESIAS
Replies:>>40397
Am I the only one who is pretty indifferent towards The Watchmen movie and Zack Snider in general?
No.40397
rasputin_zero
>>40396
I believe Watchmen's problem (and Snyder's problem in general) is that if anything it's too faithful to the comic, or at least to what the comic looked like. It doesn't make any allowances for the medium, its narrative arc is a mess. It had a brilliant intro, but with Watchmen's episodic structure I think I would have preferred it as an HBO or Showtime miniseries, with the freedom to break off and explore the individual characters in a way the original serialised comic did.
Replies:>>40399
save file
image:140069546200.jpg(94kB , 600x405 , The-Case-Of-Batman-V-Superman.jpg)
…goddammit, DC/WB.
No.40399
Jumpman
Replies:>>40400
>>40398
I don't know why people are surprised by Batman's name going first before Superman's. We've been calling it Batman/Superman for months now and it just rolls off the tongue better. Using a 'v' for "vs" is fucking dumb, though.
Replies:>>40403
>>40399

>We've been calling it Batman/Superman for months now
> it just rolls off the tongue better.

I don't know about that, but I can see a few arguments as to why Batman's name would be first. Most obvious is that alphabetically, B will be higher on any list whereas S will end up near the middle/bottom, so any film with an A-B-C-D sort of word at the beginning will get the benefit of being seen. The other reason (and one I think had the most play here) would be that when people shorten the name of the movie down, it will be "Batman" instead of "Superman." I imagine they tested the phrase "Do you want to see that new Batman movie" vs. "Do you want to see that new Superman movie" and found that Batman came out with a higher percentage of favorable responses.
No.40401
Anonymous
The real reason is that Batman is a bigger moneymaker than Superman. Plus, if they put Superman first, then they would also have to put Cavil before Affleck in the poster and all the movie materials, and that ain't gonna happen.
No.40402
Jumpman
Replies:>>40404
No.40403
Anonymous
>>40400
There's actually a little understood....THING about lists / groups in English, and I don't know that they've ever really codified it or figured out how to put the rules in words. But some words come before others. They say this often trips up people learning English as a second language because no one ever really explains it to them and no one can really give them the rules, they just know it sounds weird if you don't do it.

Alphabetic order does seem to have SOMETHING to do with it, but it's not a rule as much as a tendency. A similar tendency seems to come in the idea that it's better for words with fewer syllables to come before words with more syllables.

But as an example--"cats and dogs" sounds better than "dogs and cats." "Apples and bananas" is preferred over "Bananas and apples." But on the other hand, it's "Up and Down," is better than "Down and Up."

But the point is: They're right. Batman/Superman DOES sound more correct in terms of the rules of English than Superman/Batman.
No.40406
TeethandHunger
http://fathomevents.votigo.com/fbsweeps/sweeps/Riff-This-Flyaway-to-Minneapolis-Contest

"To enter for your chance to win, take your best stab at riffing the provided image from Sharknado. The entry that receives the most laughs from the Fathom team will win, so give it your all – you will only have one chance to enter!"

I know you guys are funny. Make with the funny and win a prize.
No.40407
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
I did a decent one, slightly highbrow and riff referencing
No.40408
Minifig
Thoughts on Eurovision:

Ukraine: Well, the guy on the big hamster wheel was kinda neat. As it is, it's just typical Eurovision fare.
Belarus: This is more like it. Teo knows it's all a bit of fun, and he's got much more stage presence.
Azerbaijan: Sweet little ballad. I should hate something this serious, but it's just so damn well-done.
Iceland: These guys are okay with me.
Norway: I'm a sucker for heart-felt ballads, so I like this.
Romania: Again, typical Eurovision fare... but an infectious performance from the singers and a circular piano make it good for me.
Armenia: Well, it took a while, but we've finally got to a song I actively dislike. Po-faced drivel from a guy who can't sing, using pyrotechnics as a crutch. Next!
Montenegro: Cute song, and one of the few times that choreography and lighting have made things better.
Poland: Yeah, this is what Eurovision means to a lot of people... and thank God for that. REALLY glad I didn't watch this with my parents.
Greece: Not my sort of thing, but the lighting effects are almost as effective as Montenegro. Also, trampolining!
Austria: Yeah, Austria deserved to win this one.
Germany: They get bonus points just for having an accordion. That, and for somehow being sexier than Poland.
Sweden: If it had been any other year, Sanna Nielsen would've won.
France: Only the second silly song so far, but it's definitely fun.
Russia: Definitely the best Russia's done this decade, but it's not quite enough for me... frustrating.
Italy: Going "rock" is a risk for Eurovision, but Emma proves it's one worth taking.
Solvenia: It's hard not to damn this with faint praise... but it was pretty good.
Finland: Oh goody, a boyband at Eurovision. Yaaaaay.
Spain: Much better - one of the better singers this year.
Switzerland: It's so wonderful to hear this - it's great to know that Western Europe are upping their game.
Hungary: Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Malta: A country song? At Eurovision? That's... brilliant!
Denmark: Anybody who calls their Eurovision entry "Cliche Love Song" is fine by me.
Netherlands: Wow... Malta was kinda country, but The Netherlands have gone full Parton... God, I love Eurovision.
San Marino: I like this song... I could see this being used as the main song on an indie video game's soundtrack.
The UK: Remember when I said Western Europe upped their game for this year's Eurovision? Turns out the UK joined in. My country's had to deal with the shame of po-faced ballads for too long, and knowing that this year's entry was genuinely, sincerely loved has honestly got me a little choked up.
No.40415
Jumpman
Replies:>>40418
Gareth Edwards is moving up in Hollywood, thanks to Godzilla.

http://starwars.com/news/gareth-edwards-and-gary-whitta-onboard-for-star-wars-stand-alone-film.html

>In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Also, wow, Gary Whitta went from Editor-in-Chief of PC Gamer to film writer.
No.40418
Jumpman
>>40415
And it looks like Garry Whitta went back to NeoGAF to delete all his posts slamming the changes made to the original Star Wars trilogy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=113074744#post113074744

May have been writing the new Star Wars movie for three months now, judging by the edit dates on those posts.
No.40434
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>40435
Hearing Red Letter talk about ASM2 I see BvS going the same way, lots of plot lines trying to setup the heroes and their reasons to unite in the end but it never feeling like a solid movie.
No.40435
Anonymous
Replies:>>40436
>>40434
Less of a movie and more of a two hour trailer for Justice League.
No.40436
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40435
And only a handful of threats could be seen on the same scale as Loki and his invasion chiefly among those being Darkseid. His Intro should be primarily Superman based via Intergang which could include Parasite and Metallo as the Foes maybe leading into some of the Furies trying to take out Superman before escaping through a Boom Tube ending with a scene on Apokolips. But the that would be a a Superman lead movie, which we aren't getting.
No.40446
Jumpman
Edgar Wright - How to Do Visual Comedyvimeo thumb

Why a majority of Hollywood comedies suck and what they could learn from Edgar Wright. So tired of visual comedy being neglected in favor of "funny" awkward conversational humor.
save file
image:140145093900.jpg(20kB , 647x277 , Utopia.JPG)
Why did I not know about this show?
Why did I learn about it's music score before I knew about the show?
Why is this so fucking good, seriously how did I not know about this?

Go and watch Utopia. All of it's on youtube, except for episode 3.
Here, I'll make it easy: Utopia S01E01 VOSTFR 720p HDTV x264 SALEMyoutube thumb
save file
image:140156983000.png(47kB , 211x408 , umwait.png)
Just watched Fargo for the first time.

I don't get it.
No.40458
Probe
Replies:>>40460
You mean the movie?
No.40460
Snes !v68zTeBMI.
Replies:>>40502
>>40458
Yeah. It was fine, but with all the praise I've heard for it over the years I expected something much more impressive.
No.40490
Anonymous
I think it's going to be difficult finally watching the last season of Fringe when I can't stop thinking that the setting is basically Half-Life if the Combine were ruled by 1950s aryans instead of potatoes.
No.40501
Probe
I put the Kamen rider stuff in /jam/ if you're looking for it

http://boards.plus4chan.org/jam/t88885.html#p88885
No.40502
Anonymous
>>40460
Have you watched other Coen Brothers movies? Personally, of the ones I've seen I'd go Big Lebowski > O Brother Where Art Thou > Fargo = Raising Arizona > Barton Fink = Burn After Reading. But all of them are great movies--it's just that in this list, they're competing with even better movies. So if you've seen, say, The Big Lebowski or O Brother Where Art Thou already, I wouldn't be surprised if Fargo just didn't live up to the expectations set by those movies.

I haven't seen their more serious stuff like No Country for Old Men, though.
No.40516
Anonymous
/cd/ probably hates Conchita Wurst.
No.40528
Jumpman
Tim Burton's Hansel & Gretel short has finally been found.

Tim Burton's "Hansel and Gretel" (1982)youtube thumb

http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Tim_Burton%27s_Hansel_and_Gretel_(1982_Short_Film)
save file
image:140305876600.png(583kB , 964x664 , good ol' fashioned nightmare fuel.png)
Replies:>>40548
save file
image:140329085000.jpg(29kB , 550x310 , Rian-Johnson-Looper-Interview.jpg)
>As J.J. Abrams continues to work on Star Wars Episode VII, it seems his successor is about to get to work. Looper writer/director Rian Johnson is expected to be announced as the writer and director of both Star Wars Episode VIII and Star Wars Episode XI.

>Deadline broke the incredibly massive, exciting news. Lucasfilm could be making it official any moment. We’ll have more soon.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rian-johnson-star-wars/

He also directed some of the best episodes of Breaking Bad.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Rian_Johnson
No.40545
Anonymous
Replies:>>40552
More evidence that the Bayformers movies are all essentially the same script with some words moved around.

Half in the Bag: The Transformers Seriesyoutube thumb
No.40548
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40539
Hmm guess that means they'll have a different feel or maybe he's doing side movies instead that people just think are eight and nine.
>>40545
That was pretty terrifying, and a bit obvious by the time when the third one came out.
No.40567
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/30/community-sixth-season/

FUCK YEAAAAAAH
No.40568
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>40569
>>40567
>http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/30/community-sixth-season/

>Hulu

Neat a much needed feather in that networks cap if they get the deal.
No.40569
Jumpman
Replies:>>40571
>>40568
Hmm? The article said Yahoo got it, after Hulu said no.
No.40571
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40569
Sorry I misread I thought Yahoo was taking over funding and selling it, mainly because I didn't know Yahoo had gotten into the Digital Media Production game.
No.40572
Anonymous
Replies:>>40579
>>40567
At this point, I don't even care if they phone everything else in from here on in--just give us a movie and make the Prophecy come true. Six Seasons and a Movie. Fuckin' do it, Harmon. Go to Kickstarter if you have to.
No.40579
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>40572
I'd toss in five for a Kickstarter.
No.40607
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
EXTANT, what happens when you drop the scripts to A.I. and TNG The Child and then just staple whatever you can grab together. I'll watch it if only because I find it laughably stupid.
Replies:>>40611
save file
image:140522544100.png(333kB , 630x350 , 1405198979141.png)
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was fucking fantastic and so is its soundtrack.

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes…youtube thumb

Breath of fresh air to all the redundant superhero movies clogging Hollywood.
No.40611
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>40615
>>40610

Related:

http://badassdigest.com/2014/07/13/the-planet-of-the-apes-films-ranked-by-bummer-endings/
No.40612
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
IT STARTS

http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/weird-al-yankovic-gets-tacky-with-pharrells-happy/
No.40614
Anonymous
I'm not sure if Black Hole is something you should read to an ape
No.40615
Anonymous
Replies:>>40616
>>40611
> Burton's Apes isn't saying anything beside "I've seen the original movie and like monkey make-up". So it'd be impossible to rank.

AAA comment in there.
No.40616
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40615
I find it funny that some hate on the Burton one for sexy chimpanzee reasons. Part of that movie I did like was the one general freaking out over finding out the lineage. Overall those primates were chill dudes in that film.
No.40621
Jumpman
Replies:>>40622
Because everything has to have a cinematic universe now.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/universal-classic-movie-monsters/#more-776482
No.40622
Anonymous
Replies:>>40624
>>40621
Man monster moves were doing the crossover bullshit long before any superhero cinema tried it out.
No.40624
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>40622

And the last great monster movie crossover was Monster Squad.
BloodRayne - Nostalgia Criticyoutube thumb
It's good to see the three smuckheads again!
No.40628
Jumpman
Replies:>>40636
Black Jesus Expanded Trailer |…youtube thumb

Wasn't a fan of The Boondocks, but i think this has promise.
save file
image:140578501300.jpg(65kB , 500x332 , tumblr_n8k5hnJH721ram4lgo1_500.jpg)
Okay so you cast Egyptians as whites, I get it, Hollywood sells on it's actors who are predominately white.

It's disgusting but I get it.

WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD YOU BE STUPID ENOUGH TO CAST THE SERVANTS AS BLACK? FUCK THIS MOVIE
No.40636
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>40638
>>40628
So that is where all the funny went in that last season
No.40638
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>40643
>>40636

MacGruder didn’t have anything to do with the last season of The Boondocks outside of getting his name stamped on it (and it showed).

That "series finalé" sucked so many dicks that Riley would probably call it gay.
No.40639
Anonymous
Replies:>>40640
>>40634
I was gonna vent at you for being an idiot and the whole thing being historically accurate because I assumed from only seeing this screenshot that the movie simply takes place during the Ptolemaic dynasty as most movies set in Ancient Egypt tend to, because I refused to believe that all these people involved in this could be this blatantly ignorant and racist. Then I looked up which movie this is and now I'm as flabbergasted as you are.
save file
image:140582214800.jpg(196kB , 1007x1500 , prince_of_egypt_ver2_xlg.jpg)
>>40639
>>40634
I think I'll just stick with Prince of Egypt.
No.40643
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40638
I think I saw at least five jokes that he'd have used as an episode base.
No.40652
Anonymous
http://www.thefader.com/2014/07/21/spotify-is-joining-forces-with-viacom-hopes-to-bring-back-the-music-in-mtv/
WHAT
No.40666
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>The Strain

So that is what RE4 would be like as a show.
No.40694
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>40699
I can't have cared less about a new Mad Max.

//youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpwyoutube thumb

Congratulations trailer editor, You have my attention.
No.40697
Anonymous
Replies:>>40698
Yep, that actually looks pretty badass. And as usual, it seems Max gets quite a beating in the movie.
No.40698
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40697
Kinda a running theme either he starts with his shit kicked in or ends up getting it done at some point.
No.40699
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>40694

That looks fucking awesome. Moreso knowing the original creator’s in on this.
No.40708
Jumpman
Preview of the new Run the Jewels.

https://soundcloud.com/productomart/rtj2-blockbuster-night-part-1-snippet
Replies:>>40717
save file
image:140682824200.png(412kB , 666x544 , lucy.png)
Hollywood using 10% percent of its brain.
No.40717
Anonymous
>>40716
Were those supposed to read more than just being lifted from a Chinese restaurant?
//youtube.com/watch?v=uJfLoE6hancyoutube thumb
Not the Birdman I was expecting, but this looks goood!
No.40761
Anonymous
Hear 'net rumblings about Ghostbusters and female cast. For a Sequel, yea adding a girl to the next gen crew I could get with, heck I bet Ellen Page could be a good fit. BUT Sony thinking of doing a all female comedian REBOOT, hell no. Psych said it best in regards to the reboot/remake. Only do that for things you feel failed the first time but you could do better with given another chance. You can't do better than Ghostbusters.
No.40762
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>40761

>Only do that for things you feel failed the first time but you could do better with given another chance.

That’s the chief problem with reboots/remakes these days, in all forms of media – they’re mainly done as nostalgia cashgrabs.

A good example of a reboot done right: Dredd.

A good example of a reboot done horribly, horribly wrong: RoboCop.
No.40774
Anonymous
>>40761
I heard so too, and that they're bringing the guy from Bridesmaids to do it. I mean I loved that movie but I don't think that approach would really work with a Ghostbusters sequel, all female cast or not.
No.40781
Anonymous
Replies:>>40782
http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-boyhood-and-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Mike and Jay are in the tiny minority of critics that aren't praising Boyhood. What's the movie's appeal, and why is every other critic going nuts over it?
No.40782
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>40781
Probably because the movie was made over a period of 12 years, going back and shooting portions as the main character's actor aged. I can't speak to the quality of the movie, but actually completing something like this and releasing it to theaters is extremely novel which is at least one reason why it's gotten so much attention.
save file
image:140738235500.jpg(344kB , 549x663 , BINGO corrected-thumb-550x663-103399.jpg)
http://www.pajiba.com/miscellaneous/bullshit-excuses-people-make-for-superwhite-comic-book-movies-bingo-version.php

Yup.
No.40784
Anonymous
>>40783
>super white Sue and black Johnny
I'm fine with making Johnny black but yeah. Unless they're step-siblings or adopted, well even in a superhero movie some breaks from reality are just too hard to swallow.
No.40785
Anonymous
Replies:>>40786
>>40783
I'm kind of torn on some of the reasons they bingoed out. "It's disrespectful to change the comics" can actually be a legit excuse depending on what they're doing with it. I can accept a nonwhite Captain America such as the Falcon taking over, or swapping in Isaiah Bradley, a preexisting character whose backstory makes him a meaningful replacement. But retconning it so that Steve Rogers Cap was a minority all along or born in the modern day to make the former more palatable? Yeah, that really does disrespect the comics and fans of the source material to make it in name only, especially since Steve's background contributes so strongly to his overall character.
No.40786
Anonymous
>>40785
>Yeah, that really does disrespect the comics and fans of the source material to make it in name only, especially since Steve's background contributes so strongly to his overall character.
Look, I'm not saying they *should* change it, but how does Steve's whiteness relate to his story at all? There were black soldiers in World War II. And none of his traits are peculiar to white people. I don't see how it would be "disrespectful" to the character to make him black.
No.40787
Anonymous
Replies:>>40789
>>40786
Not the same guy you are arguing with, but the answer is very simple: Because that isn't how the character was created.

No, it is not that Cap retconned into being a black guy would be bad because blacks are bad or something. The thing is, Cap is not black. It would be like changing Cap's shield into a sword, or giving a power armor (which happened already, and everybody hated it). Swords and power armor don't suck, but they are not Cap.

Let's say, we changed Black Panther into being a white guy. Hey, no problem with that, because there are white people in Africa, and some of them have had non-democratic rule over African nations, which pretty much is what T'challa does, right? No, it is not, because the Black Panther is not a white guy.
No.40788
Anonymous
I just don't get it, where is the victory in taking popular white male characters, and changing them like that to satisfy a quota? Why not make new characters which become popular under their own merits? This is not celebrating diversity, but making a mockery out of it, and the worst part is that people pushing for social change applaud such thing.
No.40789
Jumpman
>>40788
>>40787
And I just don't get why there's so much anger on the mere suggestion of it. New superheroes of color or sexual orientation are obviously welcomed, but why can't there be a black Spider-Man (which happened in the Ultimate universe), or a female Thor (about to happen in Marvel 616). Why is it that comic books, which were predominately white because of the times, can't have characters that reflect the modern society better in film and TV adaptations. And why is it that when change does happen in these adaption, it's only upon as "filling the quota," instead of the actor/actress absolutely nailing the part.

"That's not how a created was created" isn't a credible excuse. Batman is far away from the character Bob Kane first wrote in Detective Comics and he's all the better for it. Changes in comic books are abundant, so why are sex and race off-limits? And the last part about "What if Black Panther was white" fits one of the squares in the B.S bingo. Hollywood movies, comic books, nor any other form of entertainment are running low on white leads. So, changing one of the few minorities like Black Panther, the first mainstream black superhero, into a white guy would and should be frowned upon.

As a Hispanic who can count the number of fictional role models with similar race as mine with one hand, I was happy to see a Hispanic Blue Beetle and a Hispanic Ghost Rider. So, yes, I will applaud that and see no reason to stop.
No.40790
Jumpman
>>40789
*"That's not how a character was created"

Still waking up here.
No.40791
Anonymous
>>40786
Steve Rogers is a bad example, as Steve Rogers is one of the very few characters where being white honestly is a trait that's mildly important for his character. Most characters, this doesn't matter even slightly: being white doesn't affect them at all. Spider-Man can be black, Superman can be black, Green Lantern can be black, nothing changes. Steve Rogers is an old-time propaganda piece from the 1940's though, so his race does come into question if just because of how we picture the past's media.

Most minority characters being turned white is a problem because a) half the time it does majorly affect the character as their race is a part of their character and b) whitewashing is bad overall. You never want whitewashing.

>>40788
People don't buy new characters, and seriously what's negatively affected by making it so instead of 50 white heroes you have 40 white heroes, 2 black heroes, 2 latino heroes, 2 Asian heroes and 2 Native American heroes? It's not the BEST way to inject some diversity but it sure as hell isn't a mockery and it doesn't destroy anything so long as the writing's still quality.
No.40792
Anonymous
Replies:>>40794
>40789
My point when I brought up Steve Rogers wasn't that you should never racelift white characters into minorities. In general I agree with most of the other squares and I'm perfectly fine with racelifting characters like the Fantastic Four, Cyclops, whatever, where race isn't a big part of their background. I fucking loved Jaime Reyes, and he's a great execution of a minority superhero. It's just that I think "it's disrespectful to change the comics" in particular does have at least a wee bit of legitimacy and the existence of people like Steve means it's unfair to dismiss that particular one offhand compared to the other excuses given, which are 100% bullshit.

Steve's entire schtick is his embodiment of the 40s American ideal man, which had a very specific set of traits (one of which was, well, being white) so changing him like that would pretty much change the nature of his character. For a race-inverted example of this, say in a world where Latinos were the privileged majority and the big battle was against brownwashing, someone like Renee Montoya could be changed into a white, black, or Asian character just fine since her key trait is that of a Gotham detective. Whereas Jaime being a Mexican American teen hero, while not absolutely essential, is still a pretty big part of his character, his origin, and his design (dat luchador), so unless they were able to find a lucky rough equivalent among the minority groups for this alternate world, I'd be a lot more hesitant to them changing him like that.
No.40793
Anonymous
Replies:>>40795
>>40789
> I was happy to see a Hispanic Blue Beetle and a Hispanic Ghost Rider

I don't see how is that the same thing. The hispanic Ghost Rider and Blue Beetle are new characters taking up a mantle (as in, they didn't just turn Ted Kord or Jhonny Blaze into latin people), which is perfectly fine. Same goes with Sam becoming Cap America or Carol becoming Captain Marvel, nobody in their right mind would complain about that. I do know that there was a strong initial resistance towards the black kid Spidey in Ultimate Spider-Man, but barring the usual trolls a LOT of those complains were mostly readers pissed off that Peter was offed in such a shitty manner, which is understandable.

Also, I am posting from South America, so the race card doesn't really work for me. But if I must make myself clear for the sake of the discussion, well:

Black guy becoming a new Captain America = perfectly fine, I have no problems with that. And in the same way, if there was a story where T'challa had to temporarily stray from being the Panther and gave the mantle to, let's say, Iron Fist, pretty cool then.

BUT, if they suddendly made Steve Rogers, a character that since its creation has been white, into a black guy, sorry but I am not going to support that. If this makes me a self-hating racist (since I am not white, and apparently only whites can be racist), so be it.
No.40794
Anonymous
>>40792
>Steve's entire schtick is his embodiment of the 40s American ideal man, which had a very specific set of traits (one of which was, well, being white) so changing him like that would pretty much change the nature of his character.
I fail to see where this would affect Steve on a fundamental level at all.
No.40795
Anonymous
>>40793
Honestly all those new minority heroes do tend to get a fairly large chunk of racist backlash. And really, would you have this backlash if Booster Gold had been black, or if Superman was played by an Asian man, or if Spider-Man is Danny Glover? These characters were created white, yes, but being white is in no way an integral or important part of their character. Nothing is lost if that's changed, so the comics aren't really disrespected any more by that than they are by giving Norman Osborn a hairstyle that isn't red horizontal lines.
No.40796
Anonymous
>>40794
Are you being obtuse on purpose? Look, I'm Chinese and I sorely wish there were more superheroes like me who aren't just kungfu dragon ladies like Lady Shiva or overthetop crappy stereotypes like the Great Ten. Jubillee, Cassie Cain, and Ryan Choi (fuck DC) are a good start but we're probably even farther behind than blacks in terms of representation so I'm not just some butthurt white dude.

But if Steve Rogers was a queer womyn of color then their life's trajectory would have had more in common with The Invisibles than the Cap we currently know. His decision to join the army, willingness to let the US government use him as a guinea pig and posterboy, and stereotypical patriotic design was the product of his "conventional" background. Steve would have been changed on a fundamental level, because it's natural for the audience to assume a series is like reality unless specified. For New!Steve to still be the same character would require a slew of AU justifications such as where blacks were never slaves, women always had the right to be soldiers, the sky was pink, people naturally had magic powers, or whatever. At this point they're just better off as a new character with a thematic connection to the Cap name, which is totally fine too. Consider the existence of AU or legacy Caps like U.S.Agent/Isaiah Bradley (whose backstory and how he was treated compared to Steve is a very good example of why you can't go and make Steve black just like that). But it's not wrong or racist to believe that some characters have more leeway for deviation than others. That's all I'm saying.
No.40797
Anonymous
>>40795
Well, to paraphrase a thread I saw on the old /cog/, Mario being a fat male Italian plumber isn't anywhere near integral to his character which is a person who jumps on things, has multiple talents, and defeats a giant dragon in a fantasy world, but if Mario were to suddenly be turned a Taiwanese woman for the sake of diversity that would still be an excessive break from "reality", just as a WWII FPS starring a multiracial Mexican-Japanese female four star general who isn't treated as unusual or justified by the setting being an alternate universe where such things are more tolerated would be. Certain changes are considered more dramatic than others regardless of their ultimate impact on the character.
No.40798
Anonymous
Replies:>>40803
>>40795
Superman might not be such a good example either. He's a hero whose appearance is downright iconic and as someone who notably doesn't wear a mask it's going to be harder to justify an appearance that diverges from that. Even +4 had plenty of rage to go around over them changing the costume. Asian actors can usually get one or two of these things down, but if he isn't really tall and buff, has a masculine jaw, cleft chin, dark hair with pale skin to contrast, and bright blue eyes, or at least 90% of these things, people are reasonably going to be upset because the design is so strongly associated with this particular character.
No.40799
Anonymous
>>40794
Because the living embodiment of Hitler's ideal human beating the shit out of Hitler is like 200% the intent of the character.
Replies:>>40801
save file
image:140745695300.jpg(42kB , 570x400 , ghostbusters-3-logo3.jpg)
>Believing any Ghostbusters 3 rumor ever

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/ghostbusters-3-rumors-timeline.html

I don't know why anyone would want this. I mean, I know why the studio wants it; not so much anyone else. Ghostbusters 2 rehashed everything from film one and the video game just rehashed things further. There are so few comedy directors these days that are actually good. Phil Lord and Chris Miller I would trust, along with Edgar Wright, but that's all from the top of my head. Max Landis pitch wasn't bad, though.
No.40801
Anonymous
Replies:>>40802
>>40800
>and the video game just rehashed things further.

Man, that game was good, no need to talk crap about it just to make a point
No.40802
Anonymous
>>40801
We don't even need a third movie, that game was enough of a proper sequel.
No.40803
Anonymous
Replies:>>40806
>>40798
Superman's appearance is totally iconic, but you can change his race and keep like 99% of those iconic traits intact. He doesn't need to be pale skin, and he honestly doesn't need to be that tall either.
No.40806
Anonymous
Replies:>>40807
>>40803
He also doesn't need to be a man. Or even super at all.
No.40807
Anonymous
Replies:>>40810
>>40806
No, those would probably have to stay. Superman not being extremely tall is done a lot in the comics though, and we've seen many little Elseworlds and other-Earths with not-white Superman that worked just fine. Being white isn't important to Superman at all. Hell, it might be better i he was a little ethnic, he IS the ultimate immigrant.
No.40810
Anonymous
Replies:>>40811
>>40807
Uh, wasn't one of the points intended by the original writers for Superman that he was an allegory for the Jews? He had a white appearance that would blend in with any other "typical" American but was still an outsider for reasons other than appearance despite that. They might not own him anymore, but it's been an indelible part of his character for a while and sure you could claim Jews don't need representation anymore because they're "privileged" but it's always better to create anew than to appropriate, plus I feel like taking that away from him would be a disrepect to their original vision. And if you want to make a black Superman or something, why not go with Steel. Steel is awesome. As has been said on the issue of fairytale adaptations, why do a racelifted "Chinese Cinderella" (which implies that minority culture ultimately depends on handmedowns from white people) when you're better off doing a straightup adaptation of Ye Xian, a story that was Chinese to begin with?
No.40811
Anonymous
>>40810
Superman does not look very Jewish. Hell, he's a Methodist. He's an immigrant and a messiah far more than he is Jewish.

Steel is not Superman. At all. This isn't about making a Black Superman, this is just "can Superman be black?" The answer is yes. There is no disrespect for opening that option.
No.40813
Anonymous
>>40811
If he was an actual Jew then he'd stop being an allegory.
save file
image:140768809300.jpg(55kB , 434x578 , Mad-Max-bandage-spanner.jpg)
Watched the first Mad Max.

It contained literally nothing that I associate with Mad Max outside of generic cars and violence.

And Mel Gibson in leather pants.
No.40829
The Sneaky Tiki
>>40827
Yeah the first one is a precursor, it wasn't even that popular, it wasn't until The Road Warrior that it's popularity exploded.
No.40838
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
>>40827
And that's why you just watch Road Warrior and the parts of BT actually set in the Thunderdome.
No.40839
Anonymous
>>40827
Yeah, there is a severe disconnect between the first movie and the sequels. I mean, in Mad Max the world is facing severe problems but organized society still exists. Then Road Warrior came and ROCK FALLS, EVERYBODY WEARS ASSLESS LEATHER CHAPS. Hell, when the sequel was released in the US, they actually tried hard to hide the fact that it was a sequel.
No.40841
Anonymous
>>40811
>"can Superman be black?" The answer is yes.

And there are plenty of people who will answer with a "no". I hope you don't assume they are all racists.
No.40842
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>40843
>>40841

Let’s hear the justification as to why he can’t be black and decide on the merits of that argument, then.
No.40843
Anonymous
>>40842
Already being made several times in the thread, there is no real point to repeat every point in full. Basically, it's a mix of disliking towards tokenism, nostalgia, and purism with the creator's original designs. We already had two anons who claim to not be white saying that they would not agree with such changes.
No.40844
Anonymous
>>40841
I don't assume they're very racist.
No.40852
Anonymous
Replies:>>40853
What the hell, Robin Williams is dead.

2014 has been pretty shitty for celebrity deaths.
No.40853
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>40852
Considering how fast this appeared on the news feed/Facebook feed and the voracity with which it spread, there's a possibility it's a hoax.

I'm super assuming it's a hoax, because of Robin Williams can't handle life then what the fuck chance do I have.
No.40855
Jumpman
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robin-williams-found-dead-in-possible-suicide-1201280386/

Jesus Christ. I'm reading this and I just can't believe it. I honestly don't know what to say. Damn.
No.40856
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40853
Depression is a hell of a thing, specially the really low places. Man was one of those that put on the face of a clown to keep others happy though he was tortured inside.
No.40857
Anonymous
>>40853
CNN is reporting his death, so if it is a hoax, its a pretty damn good one.

It seems that he was suffering from sever bouts of depression, which is something I can hardly comprehend. I mean, it's Robin Williiams, the last man you'd figure would be depressed to the point of suicide.
No.40858
Anonymous
Welp.

WHat is you guys favorite Williams film? For me, it's definitively The Fisher Prince.
No.40859
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40857
Its a strange feeling depression its there yet also not part of you I know it and I've been at the bottom, I was close and its damn scary. I heard he had problems after Reeve passed. My thoughts go out to Zelda in this.
>>40858

Always been partial to Popeye myself.
No.40860
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>40858

Aladdin and Good Morning Vietnam.
No.40861
Anonymous
Replies:>>40868
>>40857
I dunno, I knew for a long time that he was battling some serious mental health problems (it's a common saying that the best comedians are the most depressed), but I always thought he would be able to barely keep above it all in the end. I'd have expected him to OD on something by accident first.
No.40868
Anonymous
>>40861
Robin Williams had bipolar disorder. It's important not to conflate that with depression, although depression is a part of bipolar disorder. I hope this spreads awareness of both and gets more people to seek treatment.
No.40872
Anonymous
>>40871
> Robin Williams will never buy you a garish-looking bicycle to cheer you up.
No.40876
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
The new Rifftrax Live marks the cinematic debut of Harry Fucking Partridge.
save file
image:140808660700.jpg(31kB , 570x460 , episode 7 stormtrooper helmet.jpg)
With a new trilogy comes a new look for the stormtroopers.
Replies:>>40879
save file
image:140808664800.jpg(23kB , 570x435 , ep7 stormtrooper helmet.jpg)
No.40879
Anonymous
Replies:>>40882
>>40877
>>40878

Perhaps these will be called "somethingelse-troopers" to make the distinction?
No.40880
The Sneaky Tiki
>>40877
THAT IS HOW YOU FUCKING REDESIGN SOMETHING!!!

Like, it literally looks like an improved version of the same thing, it's great.
No.40882
Anonymous
>>40879
The first one could get away with still being called a stormtrooper, but the second looks like a new kind of sandtrooper.
No.40883
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
The upcoming Wonder Years complete series DVD set will have over 96% of the licensed songs from the original broadcasts intact (285 total music clearances).

Aside from the Adam West Batman series finally coming out on DVD/BD, this is basically the miracle of miracles in regards to TV shows on DVD. No one thought they'd ever clear enough of the music to make a DVD release worth it. Hell, even Daria had to replace all the licensed songs save for the opening theme.
No.40895
Jumpman
Replies:>>40897
Grade A video right here.

//youtube.com/watch?v=XLZOjLv0_6kyoutube thumb
No.40897
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>40895

>funny video
>actually tells people where to go to donate for ALS research

THAT’S HOW THE FUCK IT’S DONE, PEOPLE.
Replies:>>40899
save file
image:140859544400.png(439kB , 641x480 , laughing mutitude.png)
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/08/20/frank-miller-cant-watch-the-dark-knight-or-any-other-batman-movie/
No.40899
Anonymous
>>40898
Dunno, that's quite expected from an author, especially someone as "intense" about his ideas as Miller. He even says he isn't condemning a guy like Nolan for those movies.
save file
image:140862493500.jpg(91kB , 658x499 , 69fb8ac1.jpeg)
New Run the Jewels set for October 28th.

https://soundcloud.com/massappealrecs/rtj-blockbuster-night-part-1/

http://pitchfork.com/news/56139-el-p-and-killer-mike-announce-run-the-jewels-new-album-rtj2-share-blockbuster-night/
save file
image:140875985800.gif(989kB , 500x281 , tumblr_n8nzuxJXJd1sf0vylo4_500.gif)
THAT IS SOME AWESOME IMAGERY
Replies:>>40921
save file
image:140892093600.jpg(43kB , 615x409 , Richard Attenborough.jpg)
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28923074

Rest in peace, John Hammond.
No.40921
MESIAS
>>40915
Funny thing, a day prior to his dead, Jurassic Park was on my local tv.
Oh wow.
Replies:>>40947
save file
image:140919542300.jpg(71kB , 1280x720 , 1409193778946.jpg)
>>40262
Not gonna put this in MCU, cause this is bad.
Replies:>>40950
save file
image:140919545200.jpg(69kB , 720x960 , 1409193688058.jpg)
>>40946
Real Bad
No.40948
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>40949
Y’know, wasn’t really looking forward to the new F4 movie.

Now I know I can avoid it like the plague without missing anything worthwhile.

Yargh.
No.40949
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40948
just a messy CGI covered cash grab and so they won't lose the license, though treating it this way. I'd think this would hurt their reputation more and isn't worth trying to squeeze a few more million out of a deal.
No.40950
Jumpman
Replies:>>40951
>>40947
Who knew an unfinished costume from a context-less shooting wouldn't look as a finished product?
No.40951
Anonymous
Replies:>>40952
>>40950
So, they are filming an unfinished costume? That doesn't make any sense.

And the context is clear, everything in there will be CGI *but* Dr Doom, the lack of any tracking markers on the costume is pretty telling.
No.40952
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>40954
>>40951

It's possible they'll enhance the costume via – you guessed it – CGI, but just on a base level, that costume still looks like shit.
No.40954
Anonymous
Replies:>>40959
>>40952
Doubtful. Again, whenever there is any sort of CGI enhancement there should also be vivible markers markers, or else it will be real difficult for the animators.
No.40959
Anonymous
Replies:>>40962
>>40954
Nah, Animation technology (plus talented animators) can manage fine without markers.
Those are just there as a mathematical algorithm to provide reference points in stuff like character acting. Faces and body gestures.

Fun fact, people think the markers are a big part of mocap. It's severely overrated.
No.40961
Jumpman
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/syfy-cancels-wil-wheaton-talk-729254

And nothing of value was lost.
No.40962
Anonymous
Replies:>>40967
>>40959
It measures the timing of each position, really. It doesn't really do much with that information.
It's mostly left up for the animator to interpret and use for their tools.

But its definitely not as important as DVD extras claim it is.
No.40965
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-richard-attenborough-statue/

Neat.
No.40967
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>40962
hence why some stand ins are just balls on strings or sticks.
No.40973
The Sneaky Tiki
save file
image:140986392500.png(149kB , 575x256 , I Hate Everyone...Starting with Me.png)
http://www.eonline.com/news/576078/joan-rivers-dead-at-81-celebs-react-to-the-comic-legend-s-passing
No.40991
Anonymous
>>40990
Fuck you 2014

Though I can't really be mad at you at this point. She lived a long decent life.

But fuck you all the same.
No.40992
Anonymous
>>40991
I bet Christoper Lee dies in Dec. 31, just to mock us with its unbound cruelty.
No.40993
Anonymous
>>40990
Never was the biggest fan of her, but I'm still sad to see her go.
Well, and Gustavo Cerati is on his way as well. ;_;
//youtube.com/watch?v=Srsxjpc_LBsyoutube thumb

>>40991
At least she lived plenty of years, Cerati was on a coma since 2010 and he was only 55 years.
At least he died at peace.
No.40999
Jumpman
Replies:>>41000
>At the Toronto Film Festival to premiere his new comedy St. Vincent, Bill Murray has been talking to both press and the fans. According to SchmoesKnow, Murray answered a question about the female Ghostbusters movie that was directed at him by Access Hollywood.

>Murray said, “It sounds great to me. It sounds as good an idea as any other! There are a lot of women that could scare off any kind of vapor! No, it’s a grande idea, I don’t know who they’re talking about, but it’s a good idea, I would watch it! I mean, I love Robert Palmer’s videos, so why wouldn’t I love the female Ghostbusters?”

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/06/bill-murray-gives-his-blessing-to-female-ghostbusters-3/

I don't doubt the sincerity in Murray's comments, but I'm sure another reason he's for it is "Hey, as long as I don't have to be in it, it's fine by me."
No.41000
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>41001
>>40999
A Continuation I can go with but the idea of it being a remake makes me cringe.
No.41001
Anonymous
>>41000
A continuation would necessarily mean new main characters, which I am not too keen about.

Hell, I can imagine it, Ghostbusters 3, starring Shia LeBeef and Chuck Venkman, the Peter's son!
No.41002
Anonymous
Replies:>>41003
Dan Aykroid is the only person in Hollywood who is really pushing for a new Ghostbusters movie. Anyone else saying something positive of the project, is just trying to be nice to Dan and not make him look like a whacko.
No.41003
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>41006
>>41002
i fucking super hope they go with that female team idea.
No.41006
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>41003
But not as a remake. Those never go well. Go with the Extreme Ghostbusters angle. Have Ray be teaching some class on the occult and then some of the students show interest in his old work for various reasons.
No.41008
Anonymous
Or a Bridesmaid redux. Shit would just get stale and half the reason it was so good anyway was Kristen Wiig.
save file
image:141029652500.jpg(1.30MB , 2181x1005 , arenahd507_o.jpg)
What would the original Star Trek series have looked like if NBC had used widescreen cameras back then?

Well, one guy decided to figure that out.

http://cargocollective.com/nickacosta/Star-Trek-in-Cinerama
No.41023
Anonymous
http://www.thecinemasnob.com/midnight-screenings/midnight-screenings-the-identical-and-when-the-game-stands-tall

>"I would rather watch Smurfs 2 than this movie."
>Jake on the Identical
No.41024
The Sneaky Tiki
Broad City is fucking hilarious.
save file
image:141064421000.jpg(199kB , 1920x972 , j9zJiuI.jpg)
Season 4 of Louie is even more gut twisting than before.

Also via re-watch the Robin Williams send off is even more incredible.
save file
image:141079363800.jpg(42kB , 800x800 , rtj2.jpg)
New Run the Jewels!

http://www.self-titledmag.com/2014/09/15/run-the-jewels-oh-my-darling-dont-cry/

https://soundcloud.com/adultswimsingles/oh-my-darling-dont-cry
save file
image:141170623100.jpg(95kB , 720x405 , 720x405-63dcf99a-a0ca-46be-993d-dc5197eac22c.jpg)
http://www.spin.com/articles/pink-floyd-the-endless-river-song-preview-album-art-track-list/
//youtube.com/watch?v=UHtlwQNVQeoyoutube thumb
AWWWW YEEEEAAAAAH
Replies:>>41100
save file
image:141256446800.png(312kB , 600x336 , 1337508798887.png)
>>41088
>whistlesinexcitement.wav
No.41099
Anonymous
>>41088
What if it's a video game sequel like Ghostbusters? A lot of the original actors are dead/old and busted.
save file
image:141258224600.jpg(57kB , 927x531 , QUALITY - the game.jpg)
>>41098
>yfw Twin Peaquel's Andy replacement is an extremely moe Adrien Brody lookalike with a secret yandere side
Clear the way, best DP waifu coming along.
No.41104
Anonymous
Replies:>>41109
http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2014/10/06/the-twin-peaks-sequel-is-actually-a-thing
Ohh yeah. Wonder how many fans of Silent Hill and so on will tune in.
No.41109
Mister Twister
Replies:>>41110
>>41104
But didn't the GENIUS that is David Lynch say he never intended to finish the story because not ending a mystery is 2deep4you and he likes that? Did someone pay him 9,000,000 dollars to change his mind?
No.41110
Anonymous
>>41109
IIRC Twin Peaks already had a 25-year sequel hook built into it, plus it was screwed over by executive fuckups and the series got cancelled just as Lynch came back to make the plot interesting again. It's not about necessarily answering the mystery.
No.41117
Anonymous
Replies:>>41520
So the Paul Feig Ghostbusteresses thing is legit. Kind of meh on the whole thing, would rather it be an original film because Ghostbusters never needed a sequel in the first place.
save file
image:141291957800.jpg(21kB , 200x250 , Alfonso Ribeiro.jpg)
//youtube.com/watch?v=KU6jmHF8orAyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=1d_KCUm6X_Ayoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=zE_D2RZ2OKEyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=F2ROkuG2mAoyoutube thumb
Regardless of whether you enjoy Dancing with the Stars, you have to admit that this is just some damn fine dancing.
No.41520
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>41549
>>41117
Dude, this is gonna be a thing for ladies, don't trample it.
No.41549
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>41550
>>41520
If its a sequel then fine. Being a remake would really hurt it I believe. Like Robocop.
No.41550
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>41551
>>41549

Agreed. If this is just gonna be ‘Ghostbusters with women’, what the hell’s the point. I want women who are Ghostbusters instead of female versions of Venkman and the crew.

There’s a good movie to be found here. It can be done and done well. But if it’s going to remake the first film or make the mistake of goddamn near every comedy sequel ever (rely on recycling old gags with a slight twist/nod to the original gag), I’d rather watch Ghostbusters II because at least that has the crazy fucking museum guy (who was the best thing about that film).
No.41551
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>41550
Idea about it, Gillian Anderson is Egon's estranged sister who comes to NYC to deal with things after his passing and immediately butts head with the rest of the original trio since she never believed in what her brother did and considered it a waste of his talents. Maybe get some Spengler family backstory as to why Egon was into it paranormal research and she finally starts to understand.

Who else would be good to round out a quintet? Anne Potts or just allude to some TRGB lore that she did wear the pack for a period of time. I really don't want anyone that is gong to "try" and be funny. That would just be cringeworthy. Slapsticky bullshit would ruin the film.