/jam/ - Japan, Anime, & Manga

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 25 posts, 2 files (2 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /jam/89781 Close window
Options
Replies:>>89786
save file
image:141165157500.jpg(86kB , 600x315 , aldnoah-zero-cover.jpg)
Bigger than Gundam thread since it was eating the /jam/ general. Are we in Fate Zero territory or is Ei Aoki a hack and this is the second coming of Valvrape?
No.89782
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
I don't care what complaints you have about Aldnoah, it is not Valvrave. Valvrave S1 is feels like what Geass R2 would be if you didn't have Geass S1 to make you give a shit, and if it had the exact same plot as Gundam Seed.

Valvrave season 2 is a nap.
No.89783
Anonymous
Everybody in Aldnoah might be a jackass or retarded, but at least it makes some modicum of sense where we ended up. Valvrave just did stupid shit for shock value and likes to act like it never even happened, and if the rumors that they were intentionally trying to recapture the wackiness of Geass are true they still failed at that.

That said Ei isn't the greatest director (all those badly storyboarded scenes in Fate/Zero of people just standing there narrating to each other and unnecessary scene cuts are at least partly his fault), but he's no Tetsuro Araki trainwrecker either.
No.89786
Anonymous
>>89781
Ei Aoki is definitely a hack if Hourou Musuko is any indication but Aldnoah isn't even close to as bad as VVV.
No.89788
Anonymous
Replies:>>89789
Whatever else happened, let's just all agree that Sauce Boss is supreme.
//youtube.com/watch?v=72zPgy0JnkUyoutube thumb
No.89789
Anonymous
Replies:>>89790
>>89788
Saazbaum's mecha was basically a Grungust. TK field, boost knuckle, energy sword. All it lacked was a chest laser.
No.89790
Anonymous
Replies:>>89794
>>89789
You think this shit will make it into a SRW? It'll be odd since the character design style of this show is super cutesy even by mecha standards.
No.89794
Anonymous
>>89790
By its cross over nature, SRW is already a hellish mixed pot of contrasting and conflicting art design and aesthetics. I doubt the character designs will be much of a factor since we'll just be seeing a little portrait most of the game. The mecha designs aren't too shabby... although the movelist for pretty much all Aldnoah mechs are going to be super short, none of them really got any time to shine in that respect.
No.89795
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
New era mech shows have been pretty slow to sneak into SRW anyway (probably because most of them are trash). Like, I think the last two new ones to sneak in are still Geass and TTGL.
No.89796
Anonymous
Replies:>>89813
Well, Gundam AGE, Unicorn and Aquarion EVOL showed up, though to their credit I don't think Infinite Stratos is in.
No.89800
Anonymous
I actually want weird shit like IS, Star Driver, or hell even Valvrave to get in. SRW is the thing that fixed fucking Kira and Shin, it can do anything. Plus if Star Driver is in we have the possibility of a Takuto vs Lelouch Pose Off. Or the reaction of literally any remotely serious villains and heroes to the Crux.
No.89813
Anonymous
>>89796
It's about the company that owns the rights. Bandai is automatically in, pretty much. Any Gundam is pretty much guaranteed.
save file
image:141524077700.jpg(70kB , 576x1024 , Spoiler image)
No.90133
Anonymous
>>90129
Were people really expecting otherwise.Still keeping my fingers crossed for Odinaho to remain fanwank though. Even though I don't hate him, it would be a series-ruining copout.
No.90144
Anonymous
>>90129
They're really gunning for the Geass audience now aren't they.
No.90147
Omegon
>>90129
>get shot in the head
>gets put in a wheelchair

welp. They'll never surpass Gundam at this speed.
No.90148
Anonymous
>>90147
Uh
She was shot twice, remember? Once in the back which we saw impact, and one in the helmet which we didn't actually see do any damage.
No.90157
Anonymous
>>90147
The head one was only a graze wound. People have been pointing this out for months.
No.90680
Anonymous
Replies:>>90681
Might as well bring this back for S2. Not that I'm interested anymore since the writers are too spineless to take the truly interesting route.
No.90681
Anonymous
Replies:>>90682
>>90680
Apparently in the outline Uro gave the staff none of that finale stuff happened, that was just for the cliffhanger value.
No.90682
Anonymous
Replies:>>90684
>>90681
That's the shittiest reason to do such a thing.
No.90684
Anonymous
Replies:>>90687
>>90682
It was pretty funny to see Uro on Twitter saying "I just had Slaine kidnap her in my outline so Inaho would chase her, don't blame me for Aldnoah or for Psycho Pass S2!"

And then he went back to working on Gaim and his robot movie, both of which apparently rule and I haven't seen. But Aldnoah and Gargantia I have because fuck me I guess.
No.90687
Anonymous
Replies:>>90690
>>90684
Is Psycho Piss 2 any good? Got to about episode 11 or so of the first season before I got bored.
No.90690
Anonymous
Replies:>>90692
>>90687
Not as good as first season, but at least it's nowhere near as terrible as Darker than Black's second season.
No.90692
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
>>90690

I actually liked DtB's second season more than the first one.

Until the last ten minutes. Holy shit that was the worst possible ending imaginable. To this day, I don't think it's been topped.