/jam/ - Japan, Anime, & Manga

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 12 posts, 1 files (1 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /jam/89635 Close window
Options
Replies:>>89739
save file
image:141027306000.gif(938kB , 500x246 , tumblr_m855ulfPWa1qd3iz5o2_500.gif)
Hey /jam/, do you like Code Geass?
No.89636
Anonymous
Replies:>>89637
I generally dislike mecha anime. Making them fruity doesn't really change that.
No.89637
Anonymous
Replies:>>89638
>>89636
Code Geass is the Jojo of mecha anime. Not because it's gay (although it is that and a billion other lewd things), but because it's actually about posing.
No.89638
Anonymous
Replies:>>89641
>>89637
Even Jojo has a better-thought out story though.
No.89639
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
I like the Mech designs; everything else is giraffe people and convoluted. I watched it solo, but it seems like one of those anime that you gather your well-watched friends for and sit around making fun of.
No.89641
Anonymous
>>89638
That's mostly an R2 issue.

I'd like a reboot. Geass had a good cast.
No.89643
Anonymous
I like Geass, but I am not surprised that a lot of people don't. It's a very rough and uneven anime, and is riddled with flaws. But it's just so enthusiastic about the things it is, and commits so fully to every nonsensical thing that it wants to be, that I can't help but appreciate what's going on.

Plus Jeremiah Fucking Gottwald.
No.89645
Anonymous
Speaking of Geass, I have good/horrifying news you guys!

//youtube.com/watch?v=QeMNekTCpYwyoutube thumb

The purple-eyed one once again walks among us
No.89693
Anonymous
It seemed like this really artificial anime. Like, it was just done as some cash in for product placement (which isn't wrong but...)

It never really bothered with doing anything original, setting aside.
It took elements out of High School stories, mecha anime, and even a load of Death Note in there.
Felt like one of those Hollywood mishmashes of "Just do what the kids like, I don't care, Here's money."
No.89737
Anonymous
Geass is riddled with problems and low points but boy those high points are really fucking high. The Black Rebellion is one of the best smackdowns ever put into a Real Robot series.
No.89738
Anonymous
People always hate on the noodle people, which has always confused me because a large part of what made Geass the sensation it was (best internetwide simulwatch of all time) was that strange theatrical style it had. And the reason it had that style is because Lelouch (a lot of characters, but particularly Lelouch) was made entirely out of joints.
No.89739
Jumpman
>>89635
No. Thought its mash-up of Death Note, Gundam, and England was terribly hollow. Only memorable scene from the series was that one chick humping the table.