/jam/ - Japan, Anime, & Manga

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 452 posts, 96 files (96 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /jam/88525 Close window
Options
save file
image:139969345000.jpg(846kB , 850x610 , sample_479699c31423a59a42d23e2eee3c0d81.jpg)
Since One Piece is back on /jam/ for the time being, instead of making threads for the big three let's just make one big Shonen Jump thread for everything Jump related, like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, World Trigger, Assassination Classroom. Stuff like that.
No.88526
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
World Trigger is pretty cool. This latest arc shows that the author is actually pretty decent at juggling lots of characters being involved in a big battle scene, which is rare.

It's only just beginning so there's still plenty of time for it to go Full Retard, but hey. I'll take it over Bleach and Naruto right now.
No.88551
Anonymous
Replies:>>88552
>>88525
I'm not comfortable having One Piece share a thread with those other two turd pies.
No.88552
Anonymous
Replies:>>88553
>>88551
Suck it up fanboy.

This is a thread for all those type of series.
The quality and lack of posts on the /op/ board of the old plus4chan shows it doesn't need the space to itself.
No.88553
Anonymous
>>88552
Nor are all OP discussions going to take place on your shitty conglomerate thread. New OP chapters are still getting their own threads.
No.88555
Anonymous
Actual OP here. The only reason I started the thread so we wouldn't be cluttered with different threads. I meant no harm by it. This was just gonna be a temporary thing until we get word from on high about the other threads who aren't here. It's stupid to fight about it.
No.88556
Anonymous
Replies:>>88560
I propose a compromise, which is the way we used to do OP threads before /op/. One Piece will get a One Piece thread. Everything related to One Piece goes in the One Piece thread including the weekly chapters, anime stuff, and stream announcements. When it fills up and autosages off the board, we will make One Piece thread #2.

Otherwise, this thread will be transformed into OP Gen anyways, with the exception of one or 2 posts every week talking about how bad Bleach and Naruto are.

Every other series can stay in this thread. Then again there isn't really a purpose to this thread unless you specifically what to quarantine Bleach and Naruto away from /jam/ general. Every other series is generally ignored, or would fit into /jam/ general without causing any ruckus. I guess if you DO specifically want to toss Bleach and Naruto into an easily hideable thread we could make something like "The Naruto and Bleach support group thread".
No.88560
Anonymous
>>88556
This, having just one OP general seems like the best idea. New chapter threads were always usually just 30 posts or so.
No.88561
Jumpman
File deleted
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/05/12-1/new-naruto-sun-storm-revolution-screens-feature-narutos-mom

Naruto's mom is cute.

There. I said something positive about Naruto.
File deleted
*fans self*
No.88577
Anonymous
Replies:>>88579
I think this is the worst Kenpachi has ever been jobbed.
No.88578
Anonymous
Replies:>>88580
>Samurai Admirile is a douchbag.
>Pica has a stupid high voice.
>Dom appears to love his crew like family.

One Piece still going strong.
No.88579
Anonymous
>>88577
Kenpachi is a douchebag, I'm happy for him to get jobbed just like he jobbed Captain Mom.
No.88580
Penguin God
Replies:>>88581
>>88578
The Doflamingo family is such a great batch of villains. the family/professional combo works perfectly, and having a team of total monsters who nonetheless care about each other very much is hilarious. I can't get enough of them.
>>88580

Eughhhh... I dunno, I've found their designs to be ugly as sin. I think that's the point, to be as bizarre as silly-looking as possible, but they're far from being my favorite villains. I also don't think they've been developed all that well yet, or at the very least they haven't been developed to the point where I would care about any of them. It's tough in my mind to top the Baroque Works as their agents got several arcs all to themselves before Crocodile was brought in, whereas here Doflamingo got a lot of appearances in previous arcs before his underlings showed up, and as Doflamingo is the more interesting character I have a hard time caring about his subordinates. He simply overshadows them with his presence, in my opinion.
No.88591
Anonymous
>there are people who honestly read Jump for anything other than OP nowadays

I mean seriously think about why you are doing this besides just "let's see how bad it can really get"
No.88592
Anonymous
Replies:>>88650
Jesus so much chaos in chapter 747 of One Piece

Brief fights all over not to mention Dofla showing he has something even he stands up for

Also although the anime isn't worth bothering with nowadays I'm curious as to what Pica's voice will sound like
No.88648
Anonymous
Does anyone know a good place to read World Trigger?
No.88650
Anonymous
>>88592
And now for things to get even more chaotic.
No.88654
Anonymous
I love how Law is literally being dragged kicking and screaming through this beautiful stupidity.
No.88658
The Sneaky Tiki
I love you One Piece, this level of dumb is magic!
No.88671
Nøpe
This is turning out to be the best arc.
No.88700
Anonymous
Replies:>>88746
I'm pretty glad that all the important members of the Usopp cult did not give in with Dofla's game. Even Abdullah and Jeet, whom are pretty scummy are there all the way.

I wonder if the Funk brothers, Jean Ango, Acilia, Rolling Logan, Kaido look a like, Shaman mummy, Tank Lepanto, and Damask are also gonna charge later on and there just wasn't enough space for them or if they are too irrelevant now, or some decided to get the bounties.

You guys have a favorite colloseum participant? Besides Barto I mean. I love Suleiman, dude's a fancy nationalist gentleman.

Also so much for Bellamy's return to the story.
No.88704
Anonymous
Replies:>>88710
Whoops, bad news everyone. After tomorrow's chapter, OP will be on a two week break because Oda's going to be hospitalized. I know it's impossible for Oda to read this message, but get well soon and take it easy.
Replies:>>88708
save file
image:140125786000.jpg(184kB , 728x1178 , jesus h christ.jpg)
...oh come on. Does this seriously mean we're setting up for ANOTHER dumb boss battle?

Christ almighty.
No.88706
Parasite !0IWTTbo3jA
Replies:>>88707
worse, we might be setting up for Madara to "finally open his eyes" and suicide himself to save the world while saying "thank you Naruto".
No.88707
>>88706

Probably both.

Jesus titty-fucking christ, every time I think this series can't get any dumber.
No.88708
Anonymous
Replies:>>88711
>>88705
I'm probably looking too far into it but isn't it a little fucked up that one of the most powerful women in the Naruto universe is just out and out evil?

Also those dreams were a laugh riot.

I honestly think the guy gave up half way through.
No.88710
Anonymous
>>88704
I'll pray for him.
No.88711
Replies:>>88712
>>88708

If Kishimoto wasn't so consistently terrible with his female characters it would be worth giving him the benefit of the doubt but. Well. He is. So no, it's going to be terrible.

Anyway, I hope Oda's health problems aren't anything major.
No.88712
Anonymous
>>88711
>Anyway, I hope Oda's health problems aren't anything major.
Honestly, it's probably just exhaustion from overworking himself. He's that kind of person.
save file
image:140126492600.jpg(85kB , 720x1227 , tonsillitis.jpg)
Apparently he's getting his tonsils out. No big deal, he'll just eat jello for a few weeks.
No.88714
Anonymous
>>88713
Kinda jelly. I've been needing that operation since years, but I can't afford it. The pain can be kinda tough at times.
No.88715
Anonymous
So in review

Naruto: Sasuke calls two of his compatriots useless garbage and everyone's ok with that. Everyone else get's stuck in stupid dreams which either play off of what little development they got or in the women's case they all get their dream boats with the exceptions of TenTen who just want her boys to do good. And after all that hemming and hawing about how unstoppable he is, not only does Madara get one shot-ed by a Zetsu controlled corpse, he's not even the main villain which turns out to be the Rabbit Lady which is really sad if you think about it.

Bleach: Number 1 intensifies and the Quincies remember that they have bows and uses them as we realize that Kubo probably shout switch it out to a monthly if he's going to go at this pace. Also the bad guys are on the move because of course Bach had a plan for New!Ichigo.

One Piece: The Luffy train continues to have no breaks except for Law's back story and Oda's tonsillectomy.

Can we talk about World Trigger for a while? or Assassination Classroom?
No.88716
Anonymous
>>88713

Oh, thank goodness. I thought it might have been something major. Well, it's pretty nice that he basically gets to take a small break.
No.88717
Anonymous
Naruto and Bleach are so terrible, why are they drawing out their ending arcs for eternity.

Also fuck Madara, he has gone through what must be double-digits amounts of bullshit power ups in THIS SINGLE BATTLE, and he's still a pathetic guy who turned out to be worthless despite said bullshit god-like powers. He's even worse than Aizen.
The rushing Power Creep in Naruto isn't impressive, its just stupid and lame.
No.88718
Anonymous
Pica turning out to be a swordsman just because zoro will be the one to fight him is pretty lame.
save file
image:140129049600.jpg(189kB , 800x1181 , naruto-4979273.jpg)
The one good thing about Naruto has always been the side characters.

Hilariously everyone of their dreams is 100 times more entertaining than the actual story.

>>88718
What did you want him to fight with?
No.88720
Anonymous
Replies:>>88723
>>88719
His original stone abilities?

Actually there's no reason for him to stop using them like this and switch to attacking them in person with a sword EXCEPT for to make him yet another Zoro sword-fight.
Its pretty unimaginative from Oda.
No.88721
>>88718

Oh no a pirate with a sword what a shocking development.

>>88719

For a brief instant during the Gaara section he actually remembered why people used to like this manga.

And then promptly forgot again.
No.88722
Anonymous
Replies:>>88731
>>88721
A guy with such powerful stone-manipulating abilities foregoing them just to run up himself and attack them with a big sword where they can harm him directly is a pretty stupid development.
Replies:>>88724
save file
image:140130092200.jpg(179kB , 800x1171 , naruto-4979277.jpg)
>>88720
He doesn't seem to work like that though, this is a guess but unlike most Logia I don't think he can control stone too fluidly, like if you think about it he only seems to be able to make himself and he doesn't seem to be able to withdraw it.

>>88721
I know exactly what you mean.
No.88724
Anonymous
>>88723
>>I don't think he can control stone too fluidly
He was manipulating stone of the palace earlier and then later used his powers on a wide-scale to shift the positions of it and the factory

Having him give up his rock powers and resort to mundane combat just seems like a cop out now, otherwise the heroes would be unable to land a blow on him.

He's not a Logia either, he's a Paramecia
save file
image:140130188800.png(180kB , 847x656 , 1401301651213.png)
No.88726
Anonymous
Replies:>>88727
This chapter of Naruto was a pretty staggering insight into why Kishimoto has no idea how to right a good female character. And it's simply because he can't for the life of him possibly imagine that a female could have any aspirations or goals for her life other than wanting a man. Period. Even the two hokage's. They're not dreaming about their villages prosperity, or being great leaders to their people, or reigning in an era. Nope! The only thing they could possibly want is a man because vaginas.

Jesus tap dancing Christ!

This also probably stands out to me more than it usually would since I'm currently re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood which has more than its fair share of well written female characters. None of whose motivation is getting on a penis.
No.88727
Anonymous
>>88726
Huh, you are right.

The only girl who doesn't seem to be obsessed with romance to a dude is Tenten who is just hanging out with her team and giving her bowl-cut comrades "stylish" hair styles.
And I'm sure Tenten/Neji shippers would take her standing beside Neji as PROOF PEOPLE regardless.

Though I would give alot to have Winry on my penis
Replies:>>88729
save file
image:140130304000.jpg(225kB , 900x1300 , 011st.jpg)
I was wondering why Dan was the Hokage in Tsunade's dream world, but he did have that as an ambition didn't he? At least the wiki says he did, I've forgotten so much of the series since I dropped it.
No.88729
Anonymous
Replies:>>88736
>>88728

I vaguely remember that Tsunade had a dead brother and boyfriend that both wanted to be hokage and that the fact that Naruto reminded her of them was the reason she decided to stop being a hobo and become hokage herself.

At first I didn't really want to share a thread with Naruto since I was getting used to ignoring it's existence. It doesn't seem so bad now, though. For some reason it's bringing back memories of when Naruto wasn't aggressively terrible. When was that, like 10 years ago now?
Replies:>>88732
save file
image:140130878300.png(561kB , 1589x1150 , grizzly magnum.png)
>>88722

Because it was working so well thus far?

Pica's powers are very strong. Great potential for mass destruction and it makes him almost impossible to damage. However, it's also very clearly FRIGGING SLOW. It takes a lot of time to shift that much rock around, and in the meantime Luffy and his merry band are just running a train on him.
No.88732
Anonymous
>>88731
So now he brings himself down to their level where Luffy or Zoro could beat him.

Its pretty obviously just a way to make him beatable where before even with their biggest attacks they couldn't touch him controlling the very material that made up the island and he would be able to keep regenerating his stony projection.

If Luffy didn't leave to make this fight a one-on-one swordfight it would be over even faster.
save file
image:140131100700.jpg(135kB , 848x605 , 1401307777215.jpg)
save file
image:140131276500.png(482kB , 900x1300 , Seriously Sakura why are you even here_ At least Kakshi is a cool guy.png)
No.88735
Anonymous
>>88732
Why do you assume it'll be a straight up swordfight?
No.88736
Anonymous
Replies:>>88750
>>88729
>It doesn't seem so bad now

What, did the fight with Madara end yet?
No.88737
Replies:>>88738
>>88732

They would have beaten him as-is, because in this context 'beat him' means 'get past him to Doflamingo'.
No.88738
Anonymous
>>88737
In that case he's already lost since he's failed to stop anyone but Zoro.
No.88739
>>88738

Well spotted.
No.88744
Anonymous
Replies:>>88754
>>88738
Yes, that was what he was implying

>>88732
While it's true that it was done partly to make him beatable look at it through Pica's point of view. He seems to be a very no-nonsense guy, insisting to Dofla that they directly attack Luffy/Law instead of waiting for them to get there.

So yes, he could just keep on regenerating his stone giant and slowly attack them again and again, but any attack of Pica's would be as innefectual as Luffy's or Don Chinjao's so it makes sense for him to want to just stop screwing around and attack Luffy directly with a big ass sword since that's his rubber body main weakness and be done with it fast.
So it's not only about giving Zoro another sword fight. And he can still use more stones along with his direct attacks.
No.88746
Anonymous
>>88700
I dunno! There's every chance Bellamy's gonna pull a Sanji here and pop up super unexpectedly and help save the day.

It's not super likely, but not entirely outside the realm of possibility.
No.88747
Anonymous
Replies:>>88751
Guys

Guys

Pica is literally a stonecutter

>WHO ROBS CAVE FISH OF THEIR SIGHT? WHO RIGS EVERY OSCAR NIGHT?
No.88750
Anonymous
>>88736

"It" as in merging the WSJ threads into one.
No.88751
Anonymous
>>88747
He is also a soprano bastard.
save file
image:140139031700.png(160kB , 880x1300 , 004.png)
http://readms.com/r/rock_lee/34/2390/1

Great character development, Probably the best Naruto chapter I've read in a long ti-what? It's the spin-off?! Well thanks for the design at least, Kishi...
No.88754
Anonymous
>>88744
>so it makes sense for him to want to just stop screwing around and attack Luffy directly with a big ass sword since that's his rubber body main weakness and be done with it fast.

Uhh, isn't Luffy immune to swords now because of Haki?

Personally I find Pica having a big sword and revealing his true body to be dumb and terrible, but what are ya gonna do we gotta get past this mid-boss somehow.
No.88755
Anonymous
>>88754
More immune because Luffy's really fast and some fat fuck like Pica has no chance of landing a sword slash. By making himself a target he's lucky Luffy doesn't feel like crushing him letting them all just move past instead of doing this classic shonen/one piece one-on-one stuff.
No.88756
Anonymous
>>88752
Now if Kishi would only go to this effort with his writing~
No.88757
Anonymous
Replies:>>88761
>>88752
The Hanabi design is legit. As was that chapter.

If only it didn't make me depressed when contrasting against the original recipe.
No.88758
Anonymous
>>88754
No, he's not "immune", his devil fruit powers still apply just as usual. Like the Hody fight illustrated, hardening haki does offer a lot of defense but it doesn't take away that weakness, since despise Luffy's haki being very strong it still wasn't enough at that level to stop Hody's steroid-powered bite to wound Luffy deeply enough to put his life at risk from the blood loss.

I don't think Pika attacking personally is dumb and terrible. I don't think he's retarded battle-wise and he probably feels confident enough about his own stamina and the power of his attacks to think he can hurt Luffy more effectively that way than with his stone giant, which would just be a constant cycle of it being destroyed and then regenerated. He's definitely not afraid of receiving a Grizzly Magnum or Don Chinjao's drilling head himself.

Plot-wise sure, they have to pass him to make his fight be one-on-one and don't drag the pace more but it's far from terrible. I think that from what we have seen of Pica, his actions make sense to the way he seems to think and it's not a bad desicion fight-wise except for understimating Luffy's speed.
save file
image:140140090400.jpg(572kB , 900x1300 , image.jpg)
>>88757

Yeah, I dig Hanabi's new look. Too bad Kishimoto couldn't be bothered to actually use it.
save file
image:140143111800.jpg(62kB , 630x882 , Bo0ivqGIEAAMIMn.jpg)
tee hee
Replies:>>88768
save file
image:140145409300.png(202kB , 905x1300 , img000020.png)
Why do I keep doing this to myself? I can't stop. Please send help.
No.88765
Deon
Replies:>>88766
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods …youtube thumb
A theater run? Interesting.
No.88766
Sports Thread
Replies:>>88767
>>88765
How big?
No.88767
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>88766

Not very. The typical kind of limited theatrical run that Funimation does for big-name movies like the Rebuild of Evangelion series.
Replies:>>88807
>>88764

You say that like you DON'T want to see Tsugami in a bunny girl outfit.
Replies:>>88798
save file
image:140189205200.png(368kB , 550x500 , mf-130103-2814287094487938560.png)
>Kaguya refers to Earth as her "nursery"

I told you motherfuckers.
No.88793
Anonymous
It's been too long. I have no fucking idea what's even going on in HxH.
No.88794
Anonymous
>>88793
I'm not sure I'd know what the fuck's going on even if I'd just read the rest last week. There's so much politics it's making my head spin.
No.88797
>>88793

It's not just that it's been too long, it's also stupid complicated and incredibly bogged down in WHO THE FUCK CARES politics.
No.88798
>>88792

I guess it MUST be aliens because otherwise who the hell is she going to be using these White Zetsu soldiers against?

Also is anyone else getting a serious end-of-Kill la Kill vibe off of this whole setup?
No.88803
Anonymous
Holy shit this thread is a clusterfuck.

Is Luffy immune to Hanabi's politics? I can't understand why HxH's Kaguya is at the end of Kill la Kill.

Also, Pariston's 5000 Chimera Ant soldiers are totally going to be White Zetsus.
Replies:>>88813
save file
image:140199672500.png(125kB , 614x1298 , 1401976803478.png)
>>88768
I hate to admit it, but I did enjoy that. A lot.
save file
image:140201220700.png(71kB , 986x278 , zenith of my rotten life.png)
>>88807

bless nisekoi
No.88823
Slowpoke
Replies:>>88824
Huh, in the sketch version of the Naruto coverpic, the characters are actually all pretty distinguishable by their facial features.
Maybe it's Kishimoto's assistants that ruin everything, not the guy himself.

Also I'd do Kaguya.
No.88824
Anonymous
>>88823
I guess we'll learn everything when it's all said and done. Either that or he'll take it to his grave.
save file
image:140208548900.jpg(24kB , 500x500 , 1402043733760.jpg)
No.88833
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>88832
Of course he would only need one hand to control.
Replies:>>88843
save file
image:140212246200.jpg(619kB , 1126x832 , Seraph.jpg)
This manga turned into Bleach fairly quickly.
No.88843
Replies:>>88863
>>88842

I might like that manga more if it didn't feel like reading a transcript of somebody's therapy session. Every line of dialogue is either a character going on about how they feel about family friendship etc etc etc, or else an invitation for another character to do so.
No.88863
Anonymous
>>88843
That's just what you talk about in a post-apocalyptic world that killed off mostly adults
save file
image:140228861800.jpg(375kB , 704x534 , Neko Majin.jpg)
All they need now is Tarble, Jaco and Gi-ne.
No.88889
Anonymous
So is Sasuke burring Sakura and Kakashi supposed to be a sign that he's the final boss or is Kishi just a hack?
No.88890
Anonymous
I don't have a goddamn clue what the hells even happening in Naruto anymore. It's just a clusterfuck of random things happening with no rhyme or reason to any of it. It's like Kishi had a fever dream about his own manga and decided, hell with it, that's where the stories gonna go because the storage locker where I keep all my fucks to give is now completely empty.
Replies:>>88892
save file
image:140251592800.png(272kB , 900x1300 , who the hell cares.png)
Peter Griffin Who The Hell Cares?youtube thumb
Replies:>>88894
save file
image:140251827400.png(287kB , 900x1300 , 05.png)
>>88891
This chapter is a quarter interesting and three quarters people needing to SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY
save file
image:140252798200.png(309kB , 919x1300 , 08.png)
>>88892

What gets me is that the world of Hunter X Hunter is so vaguely sketched out. Why the hell does Togashi think anybody's going to want to read political treatises on the interactions of systems and people that we largely haven't heard about until five minutes ago? Who the hell could possibly care?

I can't even keep track of who actually wants to go to the Dark Continent and who's just going because it'll put someone else in a bad position/someone dared them. It's that bad.
No.88895
Anonymous
I'm beginning to think Pariston's nen really DOES involve talking people to death.
Replies:>>88927
save file
image:140309402800.png(238kB , 901x1300 , 17.png)
>THAT jutsu
No.88923
Nøpe
Replies:>>88925
No! Not THAT jutsu!

Seriously, is this any better in its native language? It just seems like a cheap and corny way to make a cliffhanger.
No.88925
>>88923

Well, it's still a corny way to make a cliffhanger, but it doesn't sound as incredibly unnatural.
No.88927
T4 was here
Replies:>>88991
>>88922
*crosses fingers*
Please be Sexy! Please be Sexy! Please be Sexy!
No.88929
Anonymous
You know Ms. Rabbit/Demon mom is a halfway decent design. Too bad it's been wasted.
No.88933
Anonymous
It may not be the best storytelling technique to introduce the REAL MAIN villain of your (currently) 681 chapters long story in chapter 675 with literally no foreshadowing of any kind whatsoever, then expect us to give a shit as you then cram all of that characters back story and motivation into three chapters of expository dialogue.

I'm going to go out an a limb here and suggest that *gasp* Kishi just might be making this up as he goes along.
No.88935
>>88933

Maybe not completely as he goes along but it's a pretty safe bet he didn't come up with this any later than winter of last year.

http://pikabot.tumblr.com/post/87825972785/uhhhhhh-i-guess-we-know-what-kishimoto-was
No.88939
Deon
DBH | Dragon Ball Heroes Jakka…youtube thumb
I like how the actual plot of GT is so boring that the promotional videos only address it in the last few seconds.
Replies:>>88943
save file
image:140324351600.jpg(293kB , 784x1145 , feeling fine.jpg)
What he writes will be the window into his madness.
No.88943
>>88942

This shit has taken a turn.
No.88946
Anonymous
That's the "My Manga's ending better put everything in at once" turn.
No.88961
Anonymous
>>88933

He's robably not even the real main villain. The "Villain Ball" keeps getting tossed to someone else.

First we had Orochimaru.
Then we find out that he is only a (former) member of Akatsuki.
Then we find out Akatsuki is controlled by Pain.
Who is really just a dead body controlled by Nagato.
Who is being manipulated by Madara.
Who is actually just Obito.
Who is being manipulated by the real Madara.
Who is being backstabbed by Obito.
Who is being overruled by Madara.
Who is being manipulated by Black Zetsu.
Who is really just being controlled by Kaguya via parental love if you think about it.
And basically EVERYONE is being controlled by fate or destiny or God or whatever.

Which is controlled by this jackass we call Kishimoto.

(Also, I'm fairly sure he hasn't really planned anything after the Pain arc. Everything made perfect sense up until then if it didn't involve Sasuke.)
No.88962
Anonymous
HunterXHunter.

So we had several more pages of talking about boring crap that nobody cares about. There were some interesting things, though.

Mizai seems to think Kurapika will actually be useful. Maybe the Prince is somehow connected to the Ryodan?
HOLY SHIT GON CAN'T USE NEN ANYMORE!!
Random new Zoldyck member, possibly Zeno's father/Maha's son.
And apparently Ging's/Gon's ancestor is a centuries-old badass soloing the Dark Continent.
Replies:>>88964
save file
image:140347622200.jpg(65kB , 640x480 , FUCK_EVERYTHING.jpg)
>Entire Marine battalion being held off by Sabo

fuck off with this shit.
No.88964
The Sneaky Tiki
>>88963
Wait, why is this a problem? That's super in keeping with what Ace was able to do with it.
No.88965
Anonymous
Ace blew up a couple of ships of fodder, thats not really the same thing as holding off an Admiral and his boys solo? I guess its kind of weak Sabo becoming the new Fire Fist so quickly when it used to be mentioned alot that Logia abilities were something that took a long time to master. (I only saw the pages in threads in passing myself, I've kind of grown tired of OP)
No.88966
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>88970
If yo are tired of it why care? Ace is number 2 to Dragon, he could probably have done that pre-devil fruit.
No.88967
Anonymous
>>88965
He's holding off some important troops, but you can see in the panel that Basille and Fujitora haven't actually done anything yet. He's talking big, but if he doesn't come up with something insanely clever that kid is in trouble.
Replies:>>88989
save file
image:140349061000.png(543kB , 1580x1150 , 19-20.png)
Seriously, this? This is the whole scene so far. With how Sabo's done before he may have a chance as he is truly OP, but Fujitora is just as broken and Bastille hasn't shown off what he's about at all yet. Sabo's not going to be easily keeping these guys away from the Strawhats.
No.88969
Anonymous
Replies:>>88970
>>88965
>Logia abilities were something that took a long time to master.
Yeah, but it's also canon that Devil Fruit powers are just as powerful on Day One as they are after decades of experience. Having a long time with them gives you expertise, and creative uses of those powers, but it doesn't make you even a little bit stronger. Oda has confirmed as much.

So yeah, Sabo is exactly as powerful as Ace ever was right now.
No.88970
Anonymous
>>88966
Why so defensive? I wasn't the guy that posted the megaman reaction image I was just giving my two cents on what people were talking about.

>>88969
Remember how useless Luffy was with the Gomu fruit when he first had it?
Plus... because of power-creep Ace has started to look pretty substandard since the timeskip. If anything Sabo is just going to make him look like a chump once he really gets going.
No.88971
The Sneaky Tiki
>>88970
I'm not being defensive, Sabo is just kind of big deal, I mean so are they but it's pretty in keeping for the second in command of the biggest threat to the world government.
No.88972
Anonymous
>>88970
>Remember how useless Luffy was with the Gomu fruit when he first had it?

Remember how badass Kaku was even right after having eaten the Ushi Ushi fruit though? And that's without him having any former user of the Ushi Ushi fruit for him to have observed / heard stories about when coming up with his ways of using it.

Luffy was an idiot and a child, albeit a tough child.
No.88973
Anonymous
>>88970
>Remember how useless Luffy was with the Gomu fruit when he first had it?

Yeah, cause he was a kid and had no idea how to use his power. Sabo has likely had extensive contact (both friendly and not) with logia users for some time, thus having some idea of how to handle things.

Also Enel probably wouldn't have been able to electrocute kid Luffy.
No.88974
Anonymous
Replies:>>88980
This is more of an issue of basic storytelling. The majority of the audience has no reason to care about Sabo. Think of this scene and how it would be if one of the Strawhats, or really even one of the characters that have been developed more than Sabo has, were the ones holding the Marines at bay. If you've noticed many people feel he's been "forced" into the story. He isn't mentioned until after Ace dies (The crossed out "S" is super anemic as far as setup goes). It's just like, oh Luffy had this OTHER "brother" that hasn't been mentioned until now and he's super awesome and please care about him please here he is doing bad ass things please like him. It doesn't help matters that he's had any kind of personality seemingly sandblasted away in a series that lives and dies on its quirky characters (even Law for all the shit Jim gave him had more personality than this plank of wood). As such he's an Eleventh Hour Ranger without the sort of charisma or charm necessary to fulfill the role.
No.88975
Anonymous
>>88970
Luffy was useless with the Gum Gum Fruit because being rubber isn't necessarily an amazing power and he didn't really know how to fight yet. Kaku wasn't an immediate badass with the Horse Horse Fruit, and the whole fight he was learning how to control himself. So far, Sabo's been having trouble controlling it too: he's just already strong so he doesn't need that much control to use it well.

Also really all of Luffy's family was introduced this haphazardly, Ace was honestly put up as even more important and badass when he first appeared with literally no indication beforehand. Sabo's not amazing as a character, but as a rep for the Revolutionary Army he's alright.
No.88977
Anonymous
Can someone who was introduced in in the chapter ~500s in a currently chapter ~700s series that has all but been confirmed to last until the chapter ~1000s really be called an "Eleventh Hour Ranger"? I'm getting a bit tired of people's complete lack of perspective when it comes to this series. There is a difference between "I don't like this character" and "This character's introduction was poor writing." Barto wasn't actually in the crowd during Loguetown but nobody complains about HIM being "forced into the story" or whatever.
No.88980
Anonymous
>>88974
>If you've noticed many people feel he's been "forced" into the story.
Irrelevant. This is the internet. 90% of the population on the internet is fifteen year olds who think they're writers making criticisms and suggestions about how stories should be changed that make anyone with even a passing knowledge of story structure or criticism to laugh their asses off.

What you're doing right here, for example, is focusing on tangible details--you are focusing on Sabo as a reason to complain, when he's not the issue. Your actual issue is that the story has been going on too long and your tastes have changed since when you started reading. But absent the perspective necessary to understand that's what's going on, you look for something you can grasp onto of as your reason for why things have changed for you, and settle on Sabo.

The storytelling in One Piece has not really changed at all from how it was in the beginning. If you have a problem with it now, it's not because it's getting worse--it's because you are no longer interested in that style of storytelling.
No.88981
Anonymous
>>88980
Naruto and Bleach got worse, its possible for One Piece to have a decrease in quality too.
The difference would be you're a bigger fan of One Piece so you're quicker to find an excuse to deny anything like that.
No.88983
Anonymous
Replies:>>88994
Sabo could use a personality.
No.88985
Anonymous
>>88980
>>88981
I would say OP's changed its storytelling a bit since the beginning, although I don't agree it's for the worse. Sabo isn't that much less notable than Dalton or Gan Fall or Came. All he really needs is a joke, and he's set. He's even got personality, all he's missing is a gag. You can't be in OP without a gag and be beloved.
No.88986
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>88981
The difference is, I think, that Naruto and Bleach "jumped" super early on; Bleach after the first Soul Society arc (or even just going to SS), and Naruto when Sasuke runs away. One Piece has gone far longer and not hit a point where it starts to incessantly focus on one or two characters for extreme stretches, which is where Naruto and Bleach went wrong.
No.88989
Anonymous
>>88968
I think Bartolomeo is going to run into them and help Sabo out. With his barriers this is more doable.

But yeah, while some parts of One Piece story telling have changed, many others remain the same or still pretty similar. Ace's introduction was also a bit 'out of nowhere'.
And yes, Sabo does have a personality even if so far it's kinda bland. As a kid he was the understanding and supportive older brother and also a free spirit like the other two. You can also see that while he loathed his noble upbringing he liked showing good manners. Sabo might seem too similar to Ace's personality but that's because Ace deliberately wanted to change his violent/aggresive behavior after Luffy came in probably taking after Sabo and maybe even wanting to take the supportive older brother role he had going, and that's the Ace that got the most screen time and what people are familiar with.
Also, Barto's extreme fanboyism really pisses him off.

So yeah, he's only missing a gag.
No.88990
Anonymous
Only one thing to say about this issue Wall of Dicks no Jutsu
Replies:>>89111
save file
image:140370005800.png(664kB , 1803x2100 , 06-07.png)
>>88927

Looks like T4 wins the No Prize. For a second there I thought I was reading Rock Lee's manga.
No.88992
Anonymous
Replies:>>88993
In summary.

I never expected Naruto to even consider reusing the sexy no jutsu, but he did. That was a brief moment of levity.

Looks like Sabo might be a little bit nuts.

I literally flipped through Bleach in about 2 minutes tops.
No.88993
Anonymous
>>88992
Sabo's pretty draconic, even for a kid with a dragon theme. Didn't expect him to be so vicious, even without Ace or Luffy's temper.
No.88994
The Sneaky Tiki
>>88983
You were saying?
>>88994

Not him, but Sabo could use an INTERESTING personality I would actually enjoy reading about.

I liked the summoning of the meteor and it getting sliced up, the apologizing after it did all that damage. Issho is great, a fantastic character. However, Sabo himself feels like a black hole of charisma, and I am enjoying this arc less and less the more he is in it. Thankfully we got God Usopp out of the arc, though.
No.88996
Anonymous
Replies:>>88998
I hope Sabo is evil. Talking about cracking human skulls like eggshells is a little too off for a normal person.
No.88997
Anonymous
>>88994
I wasn't one of the ones against him?
No.88998
Anonymous
>>88996
It would be an interesting dynamic seeing long lost brothers clash over different ideals.
No.89000
Anonymous
Replies:>>89005
>No! Not THAT jutsu!

>*crosses fingers*
>Please be Sexy! Please be Sexy! Please be Sexy!

I don't know how you guessed... but you called it! And damn, Naruto has good taste in men :D~

And it totally fucking wasted Kaguya! You know, for just a few seconds until she... summoned an ice world and froze them solid because whatever... but for a few seconds it actually freaking worked!
No.89001
Anonymous
Replies:>>89002
Also I just realized something. Sasuke now has the rear-veiw of That Jutsu ingrained in his brain for all time.
>>89001

You can even see that fact in his reaction face, it's great.
No.89005
Anonymous
>>89000
Wow, they really did it? It feels so weird to have even a little bit of respect for Naruto again.
No.89006
Anonymous
From /a/:
>Kaguya immediately makes an ice world in reaction
>the terraformer's equivalent to taking a cold shower
save file
image:140432806400.png(166kB , 826x374 , 15.png)
The humor in Bleach continues to be my favorite.
No.89050
Anonymous
>>89049
I'd be perfectly happy if Kubo and Kishimoto started doing gag manga when they finally end their trainwrecks.
No.89052
Anonymous
Meanwhile in Naruto:

Sakura will be useful again! But only as a chakra battery to power Obito's... Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Spacey Kamui Jutsu, being literally only as important as one of Naruto's shadow clones. Just brilliant, Kishimoto.

Hagarumo, aka The Ninja Formerly Known as Sage, continues to randomly and inexplicably appear before anyone who needs some exposition. This time it's the Four Hokage.

An Edo-tensei-ed Tobirama considers reviving Madara with Edo Tensei if he's actually dead. Yo dawg, we heard you liked Edo Tensei...

Sasuke is wandering alone in an interdimesional desert, and although it must feel good to be out of the rain, pretty soon he will remember his name 'cause there ain't no one for to give him no pain.

His hopes of being in an infinite dreamworld fondling Rin's perfect breasts having been dashed, Obito decides to go back to being a good guy instead of just... I dunno, hooking himself up to one of those mind-trees? I can't remember why that didn't happen to him already. The only reason Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi managed to avoid it was because they hid under Sasuke's Susanoo. Where was Obito at that time?? Fuck, I forgot completely.

Also, if the Infinite Tsukiyomi is a world where your dreams come true, what's stopping Shikamaru from teaming up with Captain Kirk and then using it to go back in time to before Doctor Ikari destroyed the Enterprise by activating Instrumentality?
No.89104
The Littlest Remora
>>89049
Rukia is to Bleach what Rock Lee is to Naruto.

ie a more interesting protagonist who would thrive in a better-written story.
Replies:>>89113
save file
image:140493542700.png(355kB , 474x354 , 127526502511.png)
So in Jump, Naruto resorted to his old standby of spaming clones in order to overwhelm what'sherface in order to open the gate or whatever where she get's okeydoked into killing a clone as Obito and Sakura hide from her until she goes away.

Meanwhile YWach and friends show up in inner heaven and pompadour guy throws scalding water at them. Also one of the four evil bitches is actually a due and got found out because Yumichika says he smells like semen. Yes you read that right. He then get's pissed of and summons zombie!Bambiata.

So yeah.
No.89111
T4 was here
>>88752
Huh, I wanted to post that today but it has been up for ages.
Wonder what else I have been missin
>>88991
!!!
No.89113
Anonymous
Replies:>>89115
>>89109

Meanwhile, there's lots more talking in HunterxHunter, and Ging continues to pack on the hype by besting everyone in literally every contest they can think of, from fine nen control to word games in obscure languages. Also, some scrubs started making trouble in the neighborhood, so he and Pariston are going to fuck them up.

Maybe we'll finally get to see them use their hatsu? Haha, lolno.
No.89115
Anonymous
>>89113
Ging's been hyped up so much I don't even care anymore. He and Pariston are just going to keep one-upping each other for another hundred chapters before they do goddamned anything.
No.89158
Anonymous
Replies:>>89161
Boy this war is just going in all sorts of little directions. The coliseum combatants are getting way more important than I thought they'd be.
No.89159
Anonymous
I wasn't expecting it to come out this early.
No.89161
Anonymous
>>89158
I know. I like it, and to think someone was complaining about Oda making all these cool but throw away characters.
Replies:>>89163
save file
image:140549049400.png(127kB , 282x299 , 1379293714768.png)
Hey, they're (including Toriyama) going to do another DBZ movie.
Good for them (including Toriyama)
No.89163
Anonymous
>>89162
To hell with that rot Deon.

We all know you are the #1 DBZ fanboy of the board but this was obviously coming with the "reveals" of the previous movie.

DBZ is at the same level of quality as Naruto but it came beforehand with nostalgia being much stronger when we had watched it as kids.
No.89164
>>89163

>DBZ is at the same level of quality as Naruto

No, that's not a fair thing to say at all...well, it's not fair to say about the manga, anyway. Toriyama has technical chops Kishimoto can only tearfully dream of, and although his storytelling is almost as much of a mess, it also takes itself much less seriously so it matters less that it's a mess. Even when Toriyama was actively trying to make people hate it so he could quit, he still wound up producing a far better manga than Naruto.
save file
image:140551808300.png(266kB , 900x1300 , 04.png)
I miss this Bleach. Bless you, Kubo.

>>89163
>DBZ is at the same level of quality as Naruto

It's not even a close comparison, particularly lately as Naruto was pulling Final Bosses out of its ass one right after another.
No.89169
Anonymous
Replies:>>89177
Yeah, especially when you take into account early Dragon Ball.
No.89176
Anonymous
Replies:>>89177
>Even when Toriyama was actively trying to make people hate it so he could quit

That's a freaking myth. Anything you've heard about Toriyama wanting to end Dragonball after the Frieza arc, or after the Cell arc, or anywhere else is a myth. Anything you've heard about the fans pressuring him to bring Goku back is a myth. The only things his editors did was give suggestions, where he then did stuff on his own. Stuff like "You know those Androids are kinda pathetic" to which he responded "You're right. I should make a new group of much more badass Androids." He decided completely on his own that Gohan just wasn't the fighting type and so had Goku defeat Buu.

The fact that Goku saves the world and does everything in absolutely every arc and movie has nothing to do with the fans, it's all Toriyama being in love with Goku.

>Yeah, especially when you take into account early Dragon Ball.

That's not fair. Naruto was exceptionally good in the very beginning, too. The difference is that most people agree Dragonball "peaked" in the Cell saga, while Naruto has been going steadily downhill since the freaking Chuunin Exams.

(And for the record, I hated Battle of Gods. The animation was crap, the fight was crap, the humor was okay, Super Saiyan God was utter crap, and Trunks and Goten evidently got stuck in a time-warp where they've aged four years since Buu yet ended up looking even younger. It's the only Dragonball movie, special, OVA, or episode [and that INCLUDES GT!] that I literally only watched once and then said "Never again.")
No.89177
Anonymous
>>89169
No, early dragonball just shows how much shittier z got.

>>89176
Battle of gods and super saiyan god form really were just awful. Its as bad as like that bleach movie where ichigo goes to hell and gains a hell boner form.
No.89178
Anonymous
Replies:>>89179
>>89166
So, both of them are back? On ridiculous outfits?
Are they useful this time?
No.89179
Anonymous
Replies:>>89180
>>89178
Yeah. Tittymonster now wears an outfit that gives free access for tittyfucks, she is now actually worth having around
No.89180
Anonymous
Replies:>>89181
>>89179
It can be assumed that Chad has also become worth as well, right?
No.89181
Anonymous
>>89180
Eh, his titties are okay.
No.89182
Anonymous
Replies:>>89183
>>89166
Is this an actual page? Holy jesus even the art quality on the people has taken a severe nosedive.
No.89183
Anonymous
>>89182
trying too hard there
No.89184
Anonymous
Replies:>>89185
So how's One Piece been?
No.89185
Anonymous
>>89184
Pretty good. It's been hurt by the constant breaks, but it's been good with all the Coliseum participants becoming an army under Eggman.
No.89186
Anonymous
Better than pretty much anything else from Jump like usual, even if it has been fairly drawn out lately

I miss the old OP board, if plus4chan wasn't run like shit with a couple of really long down periods mixed with nearly constant posting issues which wiped out a lot of regulars than it may have survived
No.89187
The Littlest Remora
>>89186
Agreed, though OP's regular breaks meant posting would have dried up anyway, albeit not as fast.
save file
image:140562737600.jpg(531kB , 1120x834 , stealth symphony.jpg)
I always wonder how much of the stuff in between they had planned when they end their cancelled manga with a sudden timeskip.
No.89190
Anonymous
Replies:>>89195
>>89186
One piece fans are the worst, I know this from someone who reads One Piece.

The board devolving into no-content shitposting was going to happen eventually.
No.89193
Anonymous
He tried to fit in as much as possible but in the end I guess we'll never know.
>>89190
'Twasn't shitposting that brought down the board, simply low post rate.
No.89199
Anonymous
Yeah, the only person you could even call a shitposter (really though, he was just overall obnoxious and overtly opinionated at worst) doesn't even seem to be around anymore.
No.89200
Anonymous
For some reason I don't really care about OP anymore. It might be the breaks or it might be that you guys are pretty much all gone but sometimes thursday or friday comes up and I realize there was a chapter I didn't read. Honestly it's a bit sad.
save file
image:140573605100.png(914kB , 1024x619 , Bs3ie2DCEAABjyl.png large.png)
It seems like the plot of the new movie involves a wish on the Dragonballs.
Is it going to be like that Naruto movie where someone wishes for a world that's entirely different?
Also I haven't seen that movie but I think it was something like that.
Replies:>>89216
save file
image:140588531100.jpg(33kB , 527x556 , Brx4J7TCMAE19wi.jpg)
>Fairy Tail's author starts two new spinoffs, to be featured in a monthly "Fairy Tail Magazine"

I'm convinced Mashima doesn't experience time the same way we mortals do. It's the only explanation for how he can get so much done every week.
No.89216
Anonymous
>>89215
Too bad he doesn't spend any of that time writing a passable plot.
No.89219
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
>>89216

Fairy Tail's plot is a very special kind of forgettable where it has JUST ENOUGH detail to make sense in the very short term but you won't remember anything for more than 3 chapters so plot holes don't matter.
No.89220
Anonymous
Boobies though. Guys. Boobies though.
Also, Fairy Tail's not Jump.
save file
image:140590006800.jpg(49kB , 567x440 , oh_you_lucy.jpg)
>>89216

Oh Anon, but you say that about EVERY manga.
No.89244
Anonymous
Replies:>>89246
Imagine how horrible you'd feel if you managed to get Kanjuro's devil fruit but were even worse at drawing than he is.
Replies:>>89248
save file
image:140616558100.png(252kB , 900x1300 , 05.png)
Uhhhhh...
No.89246
Anonymous
>>89244
Is he even using a Devil Fruit? It seems a little ambiguous.
No.89248
Anonymous
Replies:>>89249
>>89245
It's better to signify how much more of a monster s/he is.
save file
image:140617392100.jpg(93kB , 676x482 , uh.jpg)
>>89248

Well okay but in the context of this page from a couple chapters ago...

Just, uh.
No.89250
Anonymous
It's nice to see Naruto using the same trick that has bested every opponent he's faced. "Ah yes, he's got a bunch of clones that are obviously protecting the one in the middle. That one is the REAL Naruto!" and then of course it turns out that one is also a clone, which leaves them open for counterattack. Classic Naruto before all the hax.

I called it like ten chapters ago that Kakashi was going to pull a Heroic Sacrifice, but Obito totally cockblocked him on that. I laughed. Why would Obito die of a silly stomach wound, anyway?? Everyone knows that the only way to die in Naruto is to have your heart destroyed.

Whatever. Still waiting for this manga to end already.
No.89252
Anonymous
>>89250
Oh but It's not over yet. We still got the movie epilogue coming.
No.89254
slowmobile
>delicious brown girl trying to rape a hypersexual crossdressing shota
If nothing else, Kubo knows his audience.
No.89255
Anonymous
She's not brown though. She's a zombie. So she's probably green or blue or something.
No.89256
Deon
Replies:>>89258
>>89250
I'm still waiting for Naruto realizes he can't copy the orbs so he has them floating behind another clone.
No.89258
>>89256

That's exactly what just happened.
save file
image:140632981500.jpg(32kB , 472x472 , miss_goldenweek_210.jpg)
Not sure if this is where this should go, but whatevs. We'll clear it up in time.
Thriller Bark stream. 347-356
http://www.livestream.com/thisfinetemperedstream
Happening now!
save file
image:140635352500.jpg(257kB , 1440x810 , 1404253304360.jpg)
I guess Soul Eater goes here aswell. Not like it's deader than Death or anything like that.

So, yeah. SoL Soul Eater NOT! ended. So that's a thing. Anybody know if the last chapter of NOT! happened and/or when the volume 3 translations will be out? Or, heck, any Soul eater news is good news to me.
save file
image:140640916700.jpg(130kB , 809x1000 , 1301095066765.jpg)
Usopp vs Perona
Zoro vs Ryuma
Sanji vs Absalom
Nami vs Absalom

That is what is in store for tonights OP stream at 7pm EST. 357-366
No.89280
Anonymous
So the kids fucked up super bad in Assassination Classroom.
save file
image:140672391800.jpg(66kB , 800x1199 , Spoiler image)
I'm almost impressed he had the balls to do this to one of the most popular characters in Bleach, like I'm sure it means nothing but I'm somewhat impressed.
No.89283
Anonymous
Replies:>>89285
Franky vs Senor Pink fight: Manliness turned up to 12
No.89285
Anonymous
>>89282
You know as soon a Gigi dies everything will reset.
>>89283
Smile Boss for Strawhat.
No.89286
Anonymous
>>89282
I liked that this happen at the same time as the publication of the character popularity chart.
Also I'm pretty sure he's gonna get free of it at some point, Kubo didn't milk his super nex bankai enough.
No.89288
Anonymous
Today's Naruto chapter: I almost felt a tear coming in my eye, but it went away.
save file
image:140680685600.png(156kB , 922x1300 , 17.png)
oldschool vs newschool
No.89293
Anonymous
Replies:>>89294
Man, this week's One Piece is just plain odd.
No.89294
The Sneaky Tiki
>>89293
You've just never seen what a true fight between men looks like.
No.89296
Anonymous
Yup, OP was pretty great this week.
save file
image:140692867600.png(725kB , 640x480 , One Piece - 048.avi_snapshot_20.57_[2013.12.07_19.28.47].png)
Tactics 15, Nightmare Luffy, Shadows Asgard and Kuma.
These are the few thigs you may see tonight on the usual OP stream. 7pm EST

On a side note, yeah I've been lazing quite a bit with not doing my usual titlecard/poster thing. I'm going to have to get back on doing that eventually.
save file
image:140701835800.png(305kB , 1280x720 , Rape Zoro.png)
Yeah not gonna do the titlecard today either. Juet get in for the final 5 episodes of Thriller Bark.
377-381
Replies:>>89321
save file
image:140708424700.jpg(78kB , 300x492 , image.jpg)
Broly intensifies.
No.89321
Anonymous
Replies:>>89323
>>89320
Man what a load of stupid horseshit.

As if Legendary SSJ3 Broly wasn't dumb enough.

Its like all the cancers of the DB sequels condensed into one character.
No.89322
Anonymous
>89321

Meh. It's not like we didn't know this was coming. Eventually, they're going to make literally every character into a Super Saiyan, and then SSJ2, and then 3, and then 4.

It might take another decade, but we'll get SSJ4 Pan and Bra and Goten and Bardock and Paragus and all them, too.
No.89323
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>89325
>>89321

It’s limited to a videogame.

Feel grateful that this didn’t get announced as the next movie.
No.89325
Anonymous
Replies:>>89336
>>89323
The god of destruction out of nowhere and his lolevenstronger martial arts master are about the same degree.
No.89336
Deon
Replies:>>89337
>>89325
King Kai's Planet is small and Old Kai was sealed in the Z Sword because Beerus.
No.89337
Anonymous
>>89336
Thats called a retcon Deon, it was something invented after the fact not originally written that way and trying to act like its a fitting justification is silly.
Infact, the way Vegeta was reacting to the God of Destruction and showing he had met him previously was far worse than having him give up against Broly, at least then his obsession with the power of "the legendary supersaiyan" was an integral part of his character from early on and him losing his nerve for a moment against the new antagonist before manning up was a fitting plot thread. Here him having had a God who's power far dwarfed even Majin Buu's literally visit his father just so he could randomly be the one to reveal he knows about him but never mentioned such an entity before was contrived as heck.
>Remember what Tobirama said about the Sharingan? To speak metaphorically, the Sharingan is not a condition, but a symptom. The condition behind it being an Uchiha's special chakra, which awakens the Sharingan, forcing the eye to transform. By giving him his (Uchiha-)chakra, Obito forced Kakashi's own eyes to transform.

Huh, well that's an interesting explanation using mechanics I had forgotten about.
No.89350
Anonymous
>>89348
>That chapter.

What the fuck...?

What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck.

*deep breath*

What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck. What the fuck.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!
Replies:>>89352
save file
image:140740465400.png(319kB , 884x1300 , Nisekoi134_04_RHS.png)
These goddamn sisters.
No.89352
Anonymous
Replies:>>89353
>>89351
Japan's overwhelming fetish for embarrassed girls is confusing
No.89353
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>89354
>>89352

>Japan is confusing.

Fix’d.
No.89354
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>89353
Right. From the faces you'd think they were nude up there or something.
No.89355
Anonymous
I'm still not sure what a slice of life shojo manga is doing in shonen jump.
No.89356
Anonymous
>>89355
Eventually all that will be left of manga is Berserk's on hiatus, and moe.
No.89359
Anonymous
>>89355
Which manga are you talking about?
No.89364
Sanji, the bartending chef
One Piece marathon stream
Saboady Archipelago 385-394
No.89390
Anonymous
Replies:>>89391
I think Naruto would have been better off if the Akatsuki really was just 10 ninja who wanted to make a giant monster and use it to rule the world. Maybe Itachi as the one traitor.
No.89391
Anonymous
Replies:>>89392
>>89390
That rubbish STILL not over yet? Whats he doing to drag out the current section of the so called "final" battle now?
Replies:>>89393
save file
image:140804189900.jpg(460kB , 885x1300 , image.jpg)
>>89391

Trust me, you don't want to know.
No.89393
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>89397
>>89392
Are they fighting a bag now? Kishi can't even think of a full humanoid to give hax to?
No.89397
Anonymous
>>89393
Black Zetsu was hiding in the robe of the mother of Ninja. Naruto cut the arm off and sealed its movements. Kakashi was powered up by Obito's spirit's chakra, giving him double Mangekyou sharingan, despite Kakashi having lost Obito's eye.
No.89401
Anonymous
>>89348
Wait, then how are people able to just take Uchiha eyes and transplant them onto their bodies?
No.89403
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>89401
Maybe the Uchiha store the majority of their chakra in their eye(s)?
save file
image:140814305700.jpg(138kB , 780x439 , url.jpg)
Double dose of pompous leaders of their people.
Amazon Lily + Emperors New Groove
No.89405
>>89401

I think the idea is that the Uchiha chakra causes a permanent biological change in eyes, which persists after removal. You don't need Uchiha chakra to use a sharingan, but you do need it to create one.

I don't give a fuck, beyond thinking that Obito passing on his chakra after he'd already disintegrated is pretty fucking stupid.
No.89410
Anonymous
>>89401

Maybe the Sharingan are chakra-borne parasites that infest Uchiha eyes at birth, and then later do fuck-all whatever they want. You have to admit that they pretty much have a mind of their own as to when and where they activate and upgrade, and it would also explain why they're magically able to function when just plopped into a random eye socket with no surgery or finesse whatsoever. It's as good a theory as anything else, at this point.

Really, everything involving the Sharingan is pretty fucking stupid.
No.89419
Anonymous
Replies:>>89422
As shitty as bleach is, I love it when it gets really dark as fuck like it did this chapter. Man, he's never going to get in trouble for being an utter monster will he?
No.89420
Anonymous
This week in Bleach : Mayuri is too good for this shit.
No.89421
Anonymous
Replies:>>89432
Well, at least Oda handled that one better than with Tashigi.
No.89422
Anonymous
>>89419
Mayuri doesn't just get away with being ghost-mengele, he gets to treat his heroic victims like jokes where its often portrayed as light comedy skits.
Replies:>>89432
save file
image:140855419300.png(105kB , 813x454 , 17.png)
>Rebecca doesn't even try to fight her mother's killer

eugh. At least Robin is doing things? idk the action feels like a mess to look at right now.

>Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi deliver the final blow in Naruto

THIS BETTER BE THE FINAL BLOW BECAUSE IF THIS BOSS FIGHT HAS ONE MORE "NOT EVEN MY FINAL FORM" I'LL SCREAM

>Mayuri trolls and Kubo gets to reuse panels

okay. That last smile was pretty good.
No.89432
Anonymous
Replies:>>89433
>>89421
>>89430
Oda should just stop including chicks in his comic entirely, its like he's losing his talent as a creator when they are involved. Especially if they are supposed to be warriors.
No.89433
Anonymous
Replies:>>89439
That Rebecca thing is why I like FMA The women character's weren't frail little flowers and were capable of defending themselves.

>>89432
I don't agree with that. I just think he needs to remember how to write good female characters again.

Anyway we all know the Naruto thing isn't over and that call back was stupid.

Also Mayuri should not make it to the end. At all. He's clearly and evil asshole and I will never understand why the Seretei tolerate him.
No.89436
Anonymous
Replies:>>89437
And now we're auto saging. New thread when we get low enough?
No.89437
Anonymous
>>89436
Once it drops to page 2.
No.89438
Anonymous
Replies:>>89441
Wait, did Kakashi just destroy a portal to another dimension by sucking it up using a portal to another dimension?

That's almost hilariously absurd.
No.89439
Anonymous
>>89433
I say Rebecca isn't as bad as how Tashigi was handled because:

a) Tashigi at least chose to join the Navy and kick pirate ass while Rebecca never asked to become what is basically a showgirl with a sword just to survive,

b) it's an established part of Rebecca's character that's she not really cut out for her job, despite how good she is at it. And is it really that bad to not want to kill people?

c) Kairos absolutely deserves this fight to redeem himself as a father, unlike Zoro who picks on reasonably strong opponents because it amuses him.

Of course, it still looks bad because in shonen comics characters establish their worth by fighting. And of course Rebecca being unwilling to kill doesn't mean she can't at least defend herself for a few rounds before going down.
No.89440
Anonymous
Replies:>>89443
>>89439
Hah you think we'll see one female swordswoman in the universe who isn't completely worthless and only exists to show that woman shouldn't be swordmasters like Kuina originally stated, so far they've only proven the kid right every time by showcasing a lack of physical ability or mental discipline.
save file
image:140858788400.gif(35kB , 580x420 , arrowhead of total destruction.gif)
>>89438
?
No.89442
Anonymous
Replies:>>89444
>>89439
I agree with you. Rebecca is pretty much a pacifist that thought she could bring herself to try to kill someone over her rage but in the moment of truth she couldn't go full offensive.
No.89443
Anonymous
>>89440
I really don't see where you're getting all of this.
No.89444
Anonymous
Replies:>>89445
>>89442
Also, consider that Diamante forced the whole "killer gladiator" identity onto Rebecca. Evil Vince McMahon runs the Coliseum, books all the fights, and is the one who keeps Rebecca around because she draws the crowds. Actually using the oversized sword and the stupid chainmail bikini would, on some level, acknowledging that Diamante has any power over her.

And in One Piece, being a badass is only worth it if it comes from your personal ambition/childhood vow/heartfelt dream/freely-made choice. Rebecca still has time for a "I want to live" Robin moment.
No.89445
Anonymous
>>89444
>Rebecca still has time for a "I want to live" Robin moment.

For instance, when Kyros maybe doesn't just steamroll Diamante, and Rebecca needs to get her shit together and start double teaming the dude.
No.89448
Anonymous
Replies:>>89449
A woman will never get to have a fight in One Piece when a man could jump in and do it instead.

Its might not be naruto but its still the same genre of manga.
No.89449
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
Replies:>>89450
>>89448
That statement does a disservice to the shounen manga where ladies are allowed to be cool though. Like FMA.
No.89450
Anonymous
Replies:>>89451
>>89449
Did it help that FMA was written by a woman? And doesn't follow quite as many of the clichés of Shōnen as closely.
>>89450

Well, we could always mention Fairy Tail. While filled with fanservice, the women characters do get an acceptable level of development and moments to shine in combat alongside the men.

The handling of Rebecca and Tashigi are just particularly irksome because all the groundwork is there for badass lady fighters, but instead it is squandered. And to be honest, that's how I feel like a lot of the New World has been, squandered characterization, just because the cast has gotten so huge. It's a problem a lot of long-running shonens have.
No.89452
Anonymous
>>89451
Didn't Fairy Tail basically have those moments that were ripped directly from a hentai doujin in recent history. It was amusingly blatant creepy fanservice, and the only thing that comes to mind when people mention it... well that and that it "borrows alot" from one piece.

I do agree with you on your second point,
people have been getting gypped in OP regarding the writing of their characters since the timeskip.
No.89455
Anonymous
>>89451
Fairy Tail has fighting women, but it treats its female cast way worse. Almost every single female character is defined by a love interest or being abused. It's pretty much the opposite of OP, which has usually strong characterization but doesn't let them be as strong as male counterparts.
No.89472
Anonymous
So how lame is Kaguya despite being a god even stronger than the Sage who created ninjas?
No.89488
Anonymous
No Jump this week?
No.89489
Anonymous
Replies:>>89490
>>89488
Nobody's said anything, so I'm guessing they're just getting the raws late.
No.89490
Anonymous
>>89488
>>89489
Japan is cracking down on leakers and scanners so you might be SOL until possibly Friday. Or you might have to break down and buy a online jump subscription.
No.89505
Anonymous
I've tracked down this week's One Piece and it is *fantastic*.
No.89506
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>89507
USOPP BEST CHARACTER
No.89507
The Littlest Remora
>>89506
Lu lu lala lu!
No.89510
Anonymous
Okay, guys, Naruto is over; villain defeated, world saved, all that jazz; that's a wrap, pack it up and go home. Let's try to keep the bullshit epilogues to under ten chapters, and we can maybe be done be chapter 700.

Jesus Fucking Christ, 700 chapters... what have I been doing with my life?
No.89512
Anonymous
Geez Kubo, another black guy with love-based domination powers?
Replies:>>89515
save file
image:140932785400.png(251kB , 880x1300 , Nisekoi136_05_RHS.png)
You'd think he'd run out of tired clichés at this point, but nope. Komi finds a way.
Replies:>>89527
save file
image:140934012500.gif(4.88MB , 568x320 , b0159452b72609068a2b3ab8ae97f1cc.gif)
>>89510
It's not over.

Hell they out right said that their making a movie for the epilogue.

Get read for some last minute bullshit because they aren't done by a long shot.
No.89515
Sharkman Jhones
>>89513

Which reminds me, is "Foreign Princess of Vaguely Defined Foreign Kingdom" a trope? Like, a specific one? Because I see it all the time, they always have a Vaguely Defined Foreign Kingdom in some way, shape, or form. And if it's a harem anime like this one or just straight up porn, she always has some custom that says she has to marry The Dumbfuck She Meets in Japan if they hold hands/ride in a car/find out he has the biggest dick in the country.
save file
image:140934652300.jpg(500kB , 783x1150 , image.jpg)
Fuck yes, God Usopp!
No.89517
Anonymous
Replies:>>89518
Why is Mayuri still not back in ghost jail? Why do they put up with his shit? Is it to late to put genie back in the bottle once Urahara let him out? I mean seriously.
No.89518
>>89517

1. He's one of like two guys who knows how to open a gate to Hueco Mundo which is something they need to do semi-regularly, and the other one is still technically banished.

2. Soul Society are only nominally the good guys of this story, let's be honest.
No.89519
The Sneaky Tiki
Replies:>>89520
I am so pumped for the villains entire plan to be "Let Aizen out for no reason."

Like I wanna watch Bleach just becoming the most incredibly awful thing ever.
No.89520
Anonymous
Replies:>>89522
>>89518
Well why not just un-banishe Urahara? They end up working with him anyway. It's almost like he never really left. And why doesn't Ichigo and co just clean up the SS if it's so dirty?

I mean I get that Mayuri's whole appeal is that he's supposed to be this horrible amoral mad scientist that always 3 steps ahead, but this is getting past the point of tolerable ridiculousness.

If Ichigo does become the new spirit god or something, he needs to do some restructuring.

>>89519
I think he's trying his very damnedest not to bring back Aizen and he's still going to break.
No.89522
Anonymous
>>89520
Its worse the way the actual writing seems to brush off his evil and treats it more as either amusing or just an anti-hero that should be rooted for.
Even looking aside the twisted experiment atrocities he did on Ishida's kin (Now the mad doc gets to playfully taunt him about and take part in comic scenes where he lords his superiority over the kid, the clown should have died in that fight where Ishida literally went one winged angel on him) He's a bloody teamkiller, he turned a bunch of shinigami from the squad into living bombs to attack two people who were seemingly far below his level just for kicks, blew them up right in the streets of the HQ. But again he just gets scenes where he playfully loses his temper and now mook shinigami beg him to calm down, all played again for comedy.
No.89523
Anonymous
Replies:>>89524
>>89518
Yup, its Spiritualist National-Socialists versus Japanese Ghost Fascists.

>>89510
>>Naruto is over
I'll believe that when I see it.
No.89524
>>89523

JEWISH Spiritualist Nazis, to boot.
No.89526
Anonymous
Remember that Japan has its fair share of Mengeles in its rich history of wars. I think it's something that somewhat permeates their pop culture. Wasn't there a chinese movie about this?
For example, we have Ceasar Clown in One Piece with the same concept, illegal and inmoral experiments in war times to test mass murder weapons and some for mere sadism and power play. The dark side of science indeed.

But yeah, what the fuck Kubo. Do you actually vouch for that shit?
No.89527
Anonymous
>>89514

An anime movie is only 90 minutes long. That's the equivalent of like four or five anime episodes. Given all the characters that are still alive (is that Sage going to revive Neji and everyone else with that silly Dragonball Jutsu? Probably) the epilogues could go on for ages and ages and ages. Like, making Return of The King look like a subliminal advertisement.
No.89537
Seviper
Replies:>>89542
Wait, Naruto ended? Like, legit ended for real?

I haven't even heard anything, did that few people actually care?
No.89542
Anonymous
Replies:>>89543
>>89537

No, no, they just killed the final villain (and I'm pretty sure it actually IS the final one this time), so the war is basically over. I can't imagine there will be another arc after this one, which just leaves the epilogues.
No.89543
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>89547
>>89542
I'm sure Kishi wants to ride the gravy train, so Sasuke will start some shit.

And/or final villain isn't actually dead.
No.89547
Anonymous
>>89543
Sasuke's more than likely gonna start shit.

Also Madara isn't dead.
save file
image:140962721000.jpg(138kB , 1349x767 , handcock.jpg)
one piece movie 3d2y outta fucking nowhere
No.89550
Anonymous
not movie, tv special
No.89559
Anonymous
Oh look what's gone on hiatus again.
Shocking.
Replies:>>89562
save file
image:140985049900.png(614kB , 1553x1150 , Spoiler image)
I've waited all year for this page

feels great

Also Bellamy and Luffy bros. He's more than a useless thug, I knew it... I knew it... 。゜(`Д´)゜。
No.89562
Anonymous
>>89561
Is that the fight over?

Red Hawk needs more credibility, it was way too flaccid in the fight against Hodi, despite being Luffy's new big move that is a tribute to his dead bro.
No.89563
Anonymous
>>89562

Probably not but with the way Doffy's spitting up blood I think it's safe to say that he's not loving it.
No.89564
Anonymous
Replies:>>89566
>>89562
It's obviously not over. Red Hawk's a great strong attack, but it's no finisher.
No.89565
Anonymous
Replies:>>89573
You know that old adage, "You can't take it with you [when you die]" ?

Well, apparently you can. Obito randomly took back his sharingan eye(s) from Kakashi when he died. THAT DOUCHE! I can't believe that happened. WHY??

Also, Madara's dead. Our list of villains is growing shorter. (Which reminds me, where the heck is Orochimaru? Still in the Infinite Tsukiyomi, in an illusion where he got Sasuke's body and is masturbating furiously to himself in a mirror? Thought so...)
No.89566
Anonymous
>>89564
Considering how fights work in OP red hawk might as well be a jab covered in Tabasco sauce.
Replies:>>89582
save file
image:140992338700.jpg(30kB , 206x274 , naruto in a nutshell.jpg)
Dat ruto is ending. Thought?
No.89573
Sharkman Jhones
Replies:>>89620
>>89565

I thought he just ran out of Chakra and it had to shut off?
No.89581
Slowpoke !4X8vLLNDE2
>"Yeah, sorry, I'm incapable of love, you can't really use it against me."
The way Byakuya keeps countering the dudes who use emotions as a weapon is hilarious to me.
>"Oh crap, my sword's in love. Whatever, I'll just beat him to death with my fists."
Third best character. After Kenpachi and Mayuri.
No.89582
Anonymous
>>89572
Don't you believe it.
save file
image:140998280700.jpg(1.60MB , 960x1632 , one piece vs. npcs.jpg)
Luffy is delightful.
No.89593
Deon
Bleach would make a good Musou.
Killing hundreds of generic hollow with your sword powers.
No.89620
Anonymous
Replies:>>89626
>>89573

He literally can't shut it off. Ever. That's why he keeps it covered with his headband when not in use, so it's not constantly sucking up his chakra.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Kishimoto just forgot that completely.
No.89626
Deon
>>89620
That was his old sharingan physically transplanted into his eye.
These are his new sharingans magically on loan from beyond the grave.
No.89629
Anonymous
Maybe now Kakashi's gotten rid of the Sharingan he can finally improve.
No.89630
Anonymous
Wait, hold up, everything up until now indicated that the sharingan was a permanent mutation of the eye tissues caused by contact with Uchiha chakra, but which did not actually need more Uchiha chakra to maintain itself. That's why you could transplant the eyes around and they would work. But now suddenly, Obito's chakra withdraws and Kakashi's eyes revert back to normal?

It's a pretty minor point, but ?????
No.89631
Anonymous
>>89630
He took the eye back too. That's what the chapter said, even if it didn't make any sense.
save file
image:141024835700.png(371kB , 324x760 , True_Shinju.png)
>everything that happened in Naruto was because of a MacGuffin fruit

That's just a shamefully derivative.
No.89640
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>89630
>expecting Kishi to follow his own rules
>or even having rules in the first place
save file
image:141034504300.png(371kB , 850x1400 , 10.png)
"Mingo is too strong."

-/a/
No.89647
Anonymous
Replies:>>89648
>>89646
Well it doesn't seem like the Red Hawk he just took to the gut slowed him down at all at the least?
No.89648
Anonymous
>>89646
>>89647
He was able to puppet Whitebeard's 3rd division commander. So if he wasn't hella fucking string I'd be kinda disappointed.
No.89649
Anonymous
>>89648
Oh my, what an appropiate typo.
No.89650
Anonymous
>>89648
Juzo seemed like a bit of a chump though, honestly all the whitebeard subordinates didn't feel as impressive as they should since we've seen the timeskip, including Ace.
save file
image:141034938300.png(344kB , 1802x1300 , 1410344205069.png)
ITS NOT OVER YET!
save file
image:141036276200.jpg(152kB , 863x752 , image.jpg)
>>89651

I CANT EVEN BE MAD I'M LAUGHING TOO HARD
No.89656
Anonymous
>>89651
Even Kakashi just looks tired of this shit.
No.89657
Autonymoose !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>89651
I FUCKIN' CALLED IT
Replies:>>89659
save file
image:141036916200.gif(541kB , 480x228 , Evil-Laugh-GIF.gif)
Did really think it would be over just like that?

Did you honestly believe that they would milk this for all it's worth?

I'm willing to bet that after "Naruto: The Last Movie" there will be another series.

Because Naruto is forever.
No.89659
Anonymous
>>89658
After all these years DBZ is starting it up again, and thats not even counting GT. Wouldn't be surprised. There's people who still think Naruto is great...
No.89660
Anonymous
I like how Kurotsuchi, profiled as the least "benevolent", cooperative and kind-spirited of all the captains, routinely gets shit done and beats the snot out of the villains without breaking a sweat or making any heroic posturing. This actually makes him quite likeable.
No.89661
Anonymous
>>89660
Without getting into a long winded thing, I disagree.
No.89662
Anonymous
>>89660
>>profiled as the least "benevolent", cooperative and kind-spirited of all the captains
>>likeable.
Someones EDGY is showing.
Thats just him getting to show off and escape his bad karma yet again. The series seems to protect him after the Goetei 13 took centre stage and that time glasses boy beat his ass might as well never have happened.

If you like this guy after all he's done, just because h
No.89665
Anonymous
Replies:>>89671
In non Naruto news. Mayuri is still broken and reprehensible and it turns out that Doflamingo is big evil baby.
No.89666
Anonymous
Replies:>>89667
big evil baby as in depressing backstory thats meant to explain the reason he's such an asshole or what
No.89667
Anonymous
Replies:>>89675
>>89666
>big evil baby as in depressing backstory thats meant to explain the reason he's such an asshole or what

His whole story is that he was a spoiled rich asshole World Nobel and his dad tried to do the right thing and get away from this life style. He's so batshit that he blames his mom's death on being poor when it was something unrelated. That's why he's a big evil baby.
save file
image:141039729900.jpg(768kB , 500x3000 , 1410348331886.jpg)
Because we're so interested in Naruto right now~~
No.89671
Anonymous
Replies:>>89673
>>89665
I love it, and it fits in pretty well with what we know of him. All the self-glory and vanity of a Celestial Noble, with all the ruthlessness and competence of a street urchin. Doflamingo really is an adult who's built up an empire that was originally going to just be handed to him. He thinks he deserves the world, but he won't wait for it to be handed to him.
No.89673
Anonymous
Replies:>>89675
>>89671
My nigga!! So many people in the fandom are crying the death of Dofla as a good villain (like if we ever had a compelling and heart wrenching backstory for assholes like Crocodile, Lucci, Enel, and so on) but I really like it.
It really puts in perspective his speech in Marineford and Oda's drawing of kid Mingo.
It also shows just how warped the mentality of a Tenryuubito gets even while a child, the plan of the nobles from Luffy's country to burn all poor people comes to mind. All the elderly and little kids knew about it and had no issue with it.

He was promised a royal and legitimate empire and instead he has to build a criminal one from scratch.
save file
image:141040453900.png(312kB , 1017x849 , Doflamingo_as_Child.png)
>>89667
Well the Nobles wear those space suits that protect them from germs and the like. It's very likely that his mother did succumb to some illness if her health wasn't strong enough. Honestly, it's a wonder that Doffy is as tough as he is despite coming from such wimpy stock as the Tenryuubito.

I mean, lest we forget, sickness is one of the top three killers in the One Piece universe, right next to poison and heavy violence. Barely anyone seems to drown in this ocean world, eh?

>>89673
I like that it makes it look like he became a parody of his entire world. Became a criminal, the scourge of both the rich and the poor, so he could oppress both classes; a brigand that lives like a king; a dark-hearted fiend that dresses colorfully; a pirate who didn't sail to attain freedom, but to take it away from others; a buccaneer who actively worked to become one of the WG's Warlords so he could poison it from within. Perfectly encapsulated in this picture of him as a child, where despite losing everything and having to build a new fortune from the ground up, he decides to mock his deplorable circumstance by smiling and acting like he owns the damn place.

His bitterness also shows how reprehensible, warped, and self-absorbed he is.
save file
image:141040498300.jpg(276kB , 1001x670 , Spoiler image)
>>89675
> I mean, lest we forget, sickness is one of the top three killers in the One Piece universe, right next to poison and heavy violence. Barely anyone seems to drown in this ocean world, eh?

Anon I think you forgot the most deadly killer of them all in One Piece
No.89677
Anonymous
>>89675
WOAH that's a big ass scan.
Got any more?
No.89678
Anonymous
Replies:>>89683
>>89675
>Barely anyone seems to drown in this ocean world, eh?
Heh, I get what you are saying but it's likely that in the four blues and the first half of grand line people drown and df users are killed by drowning all the time. It's just that we only get to see the strongest people and they sure as fuck aren't gonna die by drowining.

Don't forget that he killed both his father and his brother in attempt to regain his birthright. He is pretty damn warped, you can clearly see all the cruelty, lack of compassion towards other and sadism that are tipical in Celestial Dragons in everything Dofla does. Of course his only course of action was gonna be a violent one.

It also goes pretty well with his ability and Sugar's. He loves to manipulate, torture and force people to his will like puppets, like the ants he sees them as, like toys that are to be thrown to the garbage as soon as they break.
No.89679
Anonymous
In regards to the current chapter of Naruto... What completely expected turn of events!
No.89680
Anonymous
Reminder that an editor came with the idea of giving Naruto a rival.
And that Ksihimoto, after creating Sasuke thought he had made the epitome of rival characters, the perfect one.
I think he simply made a checklist of stuff he felt a protagonist's rival would have and ticked them all off.
No.89681
Deon
Though it was a given Sasuke was going to be a boss from the moment they started fighting together and it was clear while Naruto wanted to save the tailed beasts Sasuke wanted to kill the tailed beasts.
No.89682
Anonymous
As much as it is pretty expected that Sasuke was going to be tossed the villain ball as soon as everyone else was out of the way, I'm still disappointed. I was hoping he'd reform even JUST A LITTLE FUCKING BIT, but he's still the same spoiled, angsty brat that Itachi taunted for being too weak. Nothing has changed at all.

Sadly, I can't think of any way Naruto would be okay after being forced to kill Sasuke (as it clearly isn't going to end any other way) which means he's probably going to die, too. Sakura will become Hokage, lol.

(Just when I was getting happy for more Tsundere Kurama, he gets stuck in a ball of rock. Damnit!)
No.89683
Anonymous
>>89678
I'm still curious as to why he murdered his brother though. They seemed to be partners in crime for a good long while. Also, I wonder how his bro fought, if he did at all.
No.89684
Anonymous
Remember how Dofla said Law was gonna be the third corazon? It could be that his dad was the first and his bro the second.
No.89686
Deon
At any rate, we all know the True Hokage should be Robot Naruto
//youtube.com/watch?v=augl2tG0kiYyoutube thumb
No.89687
Anonymous
Replies:>>89688
How about that fujitora, eh?
No.89688
Anonymous
Replies:>>89694
>>89687
A complicated guy. Seems like he has high ideals, but doesn't believe the world actually holds them to be true. He actually feels somewhat tragic.
No.89690
Anonymous
Also this is the second admiral that helps/simpathizes with the Straw Hats in some way.
No.89694
Anonymous
>>89688
He's blind, apparently through a severe injury. It'd be hard for him not to appear tragic even without having to play by-the-book cop for one of the biggest crooks in the world.
No.89698
Anonymous
Replies:>>89703
>Robot Naruto

I know I've probably mentioned this a hundred times by now, but the Naruto fillers are SO FREAKING AWESOME!
save file
image:141050462800.png(1,015kB , 1276x719 , NarutoxGaara.png)
I'm dying of laughter, here. It's just too much. I think they hired the Springtime of Youth animators for these episodes.
Replies:>>89707
>>89698
Robot Naruto is videogame exclusive though.
No.89704
Anonymous
I just noticed, Doflamingo is a Celestial Dragon with one of the biggest Disposition of a King/Emperor's haki.
And ironically, world nobles are the people you would never expect to have such haki.
Replies:>>89709
save file
image:141064761000.jpg(1.49MB , 1568x1145 , OP New Age Chapter_693.jpg)
Sorry if it's already known. But who is the person above Hawkins?
save file
image:141067987100.jpg(464kB , 1916x1080 , image.jpg)
>>89703
No, that is an actual episode where the bad guys try to kidnap Naruto by building a robot version of him.
No.89709
The Littlest Remora
Replies:>>89716
>>89705
Assuming that's Big Mom on the right, I'm gonna guess that's Kaido on the left considering symmetry and the smile and shit.
No.89716
Anonymous
>>89709
That's not a smile though, more like yelling with the mouth wide open.

Still, it's probably Kaido.
No.89740
Anonymous
Replies:>>89741
//youtube.com/watch?v=pIkgYcMOYcUyoutube thumb
What the hell? Also, them jiggle physics.
No.89741
Anonymous
>>89740
No Jango? No Fullbody? What the hell is this shit?!
save file
image:141105870600.jpg(1.24MB , 892x1300 , 02.jpg)
>>88525

Starbiter was a fun one-shot.
No.89743
Anonymous
>>89742
It's not Shonen Jump, though.
No.89744
Anonymous
>>89742
It was okay. Extremely typical, but okay.
Replies:>>89753
save file
image:141121072500.jpg(65kB , 474x600 , tumblr_inline_nc6eoxFivL1qkpgz6.jpg)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-19/new-battle-angel-alita-gunnm-manga-to-launch-in-october/.78937
save file
image:141122423300.png(721kB , 614x2000 , 1411161038010.png)
Replies:>>89755
save file
image:141125300800.gif(750kB , 480x360 , lkWFHkU.gif)
>>89749
God... Godammit.

It better have a more focused plot than Last Order.
No.89755
The Sneaky Tiki
>>89753
That seems to be the express purpose of it's plot focusing on Alita's past and it's ties to martian origin against the backdrop of ongoing war.
No.89761
Deon
Replies:>>89772
//youtube.com/watch?v=nNYh7g-4_-Qyoutube thumb
It's basically Dragon Ball Online recycled into a different game.
No.89772
Anonymous
>>89761
Well its a proper fighting game where you can make created characters who DON'T have to be saiyans, so I guess it did one thing right.
Finally get the option to make a human fighter as well as Namekians, Majins and Changelings? Perhaps more? It takes one of the best concepts of DBO and goes further.

The fact its not retreading the series plot straight yet again is a bonus, playing terminator with the timestream could be fun.

Apparently its coming to Steam?
Replies:>>89791
save file
image:141165896400.png(96kB , 378x247 , 1411638333161.png)
Sakura is such an incredibly worthless individual
save file
image:141171005900.jpg(40kB , 500x350 , phantom the edgehog.jpg)
>>89785
Indeed. There's no redemption for him now. And what's worse, Kishimoto is probably gonna pull out yet another secret super-duper final boss.
And also, all that fucking EDGE.
No.89792
Anonymous
Madara's body is still laying about.

Just thought I'd mention that.
No.89793
Anonymous
>>89791
The finale is Naruto and Sasuke hugging it out. How he does it I have no idea, but Sasuke's position here is shaky at best so fucking anything could work.
No.89799
Anonymous
>>89791
Sasuke shows up alive in the "finale movie" with a new design

He's totally getting redeemed at least somewhat
No.89807
Anonymous
I'm going to be pretty disappointed if both Naruto and Sasuke somehow come out of this alive. It just doesn't make any sense, but considering that everything goes in this manga, Sasuke will probably have a sudden change of heart at the last second because Naruto spouted some more inspirational bullshit.

Also, nothing has made me sadder than Sasuke only giving Sakura a genjutsu of being stabbed to death instead of just, you know, DOING IT! First of all, she's totally fucking useless anyway. Also, it feels like a cop-out put there just to give him a chance at redemption, as if all the shit he's done hasn't already put that out of reach for anyone with a capability for rational thought. As if he didn't already try to murder all the kages; as if, when he failed because he was too weak he didn't hatch a plan to murder them in their sleep. Anyway, as pre-time-skip Itachi would have said, Sasuke's still too damn soft. He doesn't have enough hatred. Actually, scratch that, he doesn't have ANY hatred. It's all been transformed into pubescent angst and 2edgy4me grimdark nonsense.

Ugh. Hopefully this final fight will only be like... 50 chapters max. Three panels of punching and then five chapters of flashbacks. Rinse and repeat.
No.89808
The Sneaky Tiki
If Naruto lobotomized Sasuke I AM DOWN for that ending.
save file
image:141219684400.png(184kB , 868x1300 , 09.png)
Tenten goes mad with power in the latest Springtime of Youth.
No.89830
Anonymous
Latest chapter summary:

Sasuke will be the Hokage that the Village deserves, but not the one it wants. A silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
No.89831
Anonymous
The Naruto world would have been a better place if very person with a sharingan had been killed off generations ago
No.89832
Anonymous
>>89830
Cue music: "CRAWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIN, MY PEOPLE ARE STILL SUPERDEAD"
save file
image:141226843300.png(450kB , 792x1150 , 15.png)
This chapter was pretty fucked up and I love it.

I never quite got all the Law hate, he's been one of the more enjoyable character's Oda's introduced in my opinion.
No.89836
Anonymous
Replies:>>89839
>>89834
Ho the most dangerous place to be in OP is a flashback.

It takes shit like the war setting up a timeskip for even 2 fighters to die in the whole present but if someone's flashing back kids can be snuffed by the schoolload in one recollection.
No.89837
Anonymous
>>89834
Doflamingo's crew feels different from any of the villains we've got before in the simple matter of camaraderie. They really feel like a family who happens to be terrible criminals. I love 'em.
No.89839
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>89836
Has any character in OP had a defining flashback that didn't involve someone (or many someones) getting murdered?
No.89840
Anonymous
>>89839

Nobody got murdered in Usopp's flashback.

His mother died of natural causes.
No.89841
Sharkman Jhones
>>89839

Dr. Hiluluk technically committed suicide.
No.89843
Anonymous
Replies:>>89844
>>89839
Nobody dies in Sanji's backstory.
No.89844
Anonymous
Replies:>>89846
>>89843
A dude cutting off and eating his own leg raw makes up for it

Thats some hardcore shit.
No.89845
Anonymous
What happened to Senor Pink's sense of style is what I'd like to know
No.89846
Anonymous
>>89844
Oh it's totally hardcore, but nobody gets murdered. Luffy and Sanji are the only Strawhats who don't have death as a big part of their backstory, and Luffy only gets by because Sabo eventually came back.
No.89847
Anonymous
>>89845
It improved.
No.89849
Anonymous
>>89845
Mid-life crisis.
save file
image:141234717900.png(41kB , 218x171 , dewwinger.png)
Dat babby Derringer.

That's one motherfuckin' hardcore baby.
No.89851
Anonymous
Replies:>>89853
Where's Sugar?
No.89853
Anonymous
Replies:>>89854
>>89851
She didn't join until after Law left, I thought. He doesn't know her.
No.89854
Anonymous
>>89853
Makes sense.
No.89855
Anonymous
Replies:>>89877
Better question: where are Monet and Vergo?
No.89856
Anonymous
>>89830
>Cue music:

youtube.com/ watch?v=2kFtGAowc1s&feature=player_detailpage#t=106
No.89876
Anonymous
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-06/naruto-manga-to-end-in-5-weeks/.79600
>The official website for Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump announced on Monday that Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto manga will end in this year's 50th issue of Shonen Jump on November 10.
Finally, we will have closure. I really only watch this because I spent so long following it that feels wrong to abandon it without seeing the conclusion.
No.89877
Anonymous
>>89855
Vergo's in the Marines doing his job, and Monet's just infiltrating somewhere else I suppose.
No.89883
Anonymous
>Naruto ending in five more chapters.

Okay, seriously, HOW IN THE FUCK?!

Is this final climactic battle between Naruto and Sasuke just not going to happen?
save file
image:141265797400.jpg(340kB , 793x1150 , image.jpg)
I really liked this chapter. While it didn’t make them sympathetic by any means, it really helped humanize Doflamingo’s crew who were, up until this point, just a collection of some of the most ridiculous characters in the franchise. It helped humanize them as they expressed awareness of aspects of the world that existed outside of their criminal activities and personal quirks, some of them showcasing a hardened melancholy at what happened to the White City. While it goes without saying, showing how some of them looked radically different when they were younger also helped stress that they didn’t just jump out of the ether to antagonize the heroes, but had pasts and life-changing moments of their own; Special mention must be made to Baby 5. Despite technically just being an audience surrogate to get exposition out of her seniors, when you put this iteration of her next to her adult self, you get the sense that there’s a little more going on upstairs emotionally and mentally than explosions and self-destructive charity.

I must also call attention to this scene of Doflamingo relaxing in his chambers. You can interpret it a number of ways; he might’ve read up on Flevance for a dark laugh, got curious on where Law came from before giving up halfway through to take a snooze, or he might’ve just been randomly leafing through it. However, the most interesting thing about it is that it shows Doflamingo in a state of true rest. For all his slouching, he’s a rather kinetic character in almost every respect, always snarling, laughing, grimacing. Even when he’s standing still, his loud appearance exudes energy. Here though? Legs extended instead of in a waddling arch, twitchy fingers laced together, and the rest of him simply reposed. With his ever-furious shades and obnoxious feather coat off of him, he becomes just a guy that took a nap with a book on his face. That’s a pretty subtle way to humanize and make relatable a man with such a bombastic (not to mention villainous) presence and character. Good show, Oda.
Replies:>>89890
save file
image:141268272300.jpg(256kB , 640x1136 , image.jpg)
What's going on here? Was that a deliberate artistic choice or did they just forget to ink?
No.89890
Anonymous
Replies:>>89894
>>89887

I genuinely have no idea. Maybe the wrong files got sent somewhere along the line and nobody at Viz questioned it because they're kind of dumb?

Better question:

1. Why does the anime have absolutely no budget
2. Why did it change Chika's name completely randomly?
save file
image:141272405900.jpg(106kB , 1024x697 , BzHAjo6CMAIYs6z.jpg)
https://twitter.com/50_offf/status/518407151627165696
No.89894
Deon
>>89890
Oh, I didn't realize the anime was already a thing.
save file
image:141276018300.jpg(64kB , 563x750 , 9hzP3Mn.jpg)
Ha-ha! Time for spoilers!

Doflamingo's mother didn't die of illness, but exhaustion from running from angry mobs who had grudges against the World Nobles and wanted to take them out on the vulnerable and mostly innocent Donquixotes
Doflamingo's father tried to bargain for his sons to be turned back into World Nobles, but was rejected
Doflamingo boozes himself up to deal with these terrible memories
Corazon doesn't squeal on Law, though Doflamingo notices the wound
Corazon can talk
Law is a D
Doflamingo HATES Ds and Corazon warns Law not to ever let him find out
Replies:>>89899
save file
image:141276287900.jpg(220kB , 640x1136 , image.jpg)
I didn't think Seraph was all that interesting, to be honest.
How do you even do an anime for a monthly publication?
save file
image:141278074500.gif(455kB , 900x1188 , td140822.gif)
The dueling backstories are reminding me of this.
No.89899
Anonymous
>>89896
>WIT Studios
Hoo boy.
No.89900
These developments in One Piece are super interesting for me. This is, unless I'm forgetting someone, the first time a major villain has gotten a sympathetic flashback. Where other villains have gotten backstory at all (Buggy, Kuro) , it's just emphasized that they were craven and greedy all along. Arlong got sympathy but not until like fifteen years after his arc was over.

I also definitely didn't see Law being a D coming, nor that Doffy would have some kind of special relationship with the D.s. I really can't wait to see where this goes next.
save file
image:141282418900.png(375kB , 850x1400 , 1412768016062.png)
>>89900
There's also the fact that someone shot an arrow through Doffy's goddman chest when he was still just a child. And in addition to all the supervillain-tier stuff he does, he also has a very human reaction to being reminded of the horror he experienced: Drinking. Bit of PTSD there and it still bothers him enough that he fabricated a less brutal version of his past to tell to others in the present day.
No.89905
Anonymous
>>Naruto's New Era Opening Project is a special project to celebrate 15 years of the Naruto series.
>>The first installment of this project is the movie titled Naruto 7: The Last.
No.89909
The Littlest Remora
>>89900
The message of One-Piece villains seems to be that monsters are made, not born.

Eneru living an isolated life with unchallenged godlike power, believing himself divine and treating the lives of others as toys; Crocodile's manipulation and backstabbing being rooted in a paranoia so severe that he believes no individual can trust another; Spandam growing up the spoiled brat of a dirtbag Vice-Admiral who placed position and authority above all else; Moria's despair at losing his crew driving him to create a twisted, disposable army whose loss would never again pain him; Arlong living a violent life of racial conflict before seeing his mentor die at the hands of those who had imprisoned his people; Jones being born into a toxic culture of hatred and bigotry... their lives and upbringing set them on the path to what they are.

Or something.
No.89910
Anonymous
Replies:>>89913
Holy Shit. His name isn't even Law! http://youtu.be/1n9nMKZSN2c
No.89912
Anonymous
Replies:>>89916
>Naruto

You know, I don't think I've ever in all seriousness felt this way about a manga chapter, but... absolutely nothing happened. I don't mean nothing important happened; I don't mean only stupid things happened; I don't mean nothing I liked happened.

Naruto and Sasuke traded some blows. There were flashbacks to stuff we've already seen flashbacks to. They started the chapter staring each other down, they ended the chapter staring each other down in the exact same state. You could skip that chapter and miss nothing because LITERALLY nothing happened!

You'd think that considering each chapter is now 20% of the remaining manga, SOMETHING WOULD FUCKING HAPPEN, but no...
No.89913
Anonymous
>>89910
>Last name is Loo
>Which means Toilet in some languages

The hits just keep coming for this guy.

I still find it funny.
No.89916
Anonymous
Replies:>>89925
>>89912
>>Implying Naruto is ending
The movie is just setting up for the new series where they have to fight alien space ninjas which were the the ones rabbit goddess was wanting an army to fight, all of them far stronger than any foe encountered before! NARUTO GT!
Replies:>>89920
save file
image:141296077900.jpg(233kB , 468x854 , 1412955005323.jpg)
No.89920
Anonymous
Replies:>>89921
>>89919
It's an oterku?
No.89921
Anonymous
>>89920
Otters 11 has proven prophetic.
No.89925
Anonymous
>>89916

Eh... I can get into that, I guess.
Replies:>>89932
save file
image:141300893600.png(979kB , 1280x720 , Water_7_Infobox.png)
So, Law. Trafalgar D Water Law.

Water is a SECRET NAME.

Water 7 is a city built on top of ruins, with connections to the creation of the the Great Weapon, Pluton. It is also a city with a number in its name.

The Great Weapons are objects of great mystery, connected to the Void Century and Poneglyphs. So is the initial D.

Is "Water" Law related to Water 7?
No.89932
Anonymous
Replies:>>89936
>>89927
Water Law is Waterloo, I know that much.
No.89936
The Littlest Remora
>>89932
Law is named after Trafalgar and Waterloo, the two most noteworthy battles of the Napoleonic Wars. Outside of that, we can only speculate.
No.89968
Anonymous
Replies:>>89969
Would you swim in the oceans of the New World for an hour if someone offered to pay you 1,000,000 Beli to do so?
No.89969
Anonymous
Replies:>>89970
>>89968
That really depends on which parts, doesn't it? Some of it are boiling and stuff.
No.89970
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>89969
Aren't the other parts swarming with Sea Kings, though?
No.89971
Anonymous
Replies:>>89973
>>89970
Sea Kings are so big they could easily eat me alongside my ship whenever they wanted to. If they don't come to the surface when I sail around on their turf, they won't come up when I go skinny dipping for a bit there.
No.89972
Anonymous
>>89970
Some parts, but it's not like the Calm Belt. The Grand Line and the New World have little to no consistency in terms of their currents and weather and contents: that's what makes them so dangerous, but it also means that some places are perfectly fine (especially around the inhabited islands.)
No.89973
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>89975
>>89971
>If they don't come to the surface when I sail around on their turf
I was just reading some OP wiki: apparently the Marines coat the bottom of their ships with Sea Stone, rendering the ships partially invisible to Sea Kings. My take-away was that swimming in the ocean next to such a vessel would make you the target and not the vessel, assuming a Sea King was in the area. Though once they saw you they would probably notice the boat, as well.

'Course, that doesn't help boats that aren't coated (I don't think the Thousand Sunny is.)
No.89975
Anonymous
>>89973
Only the Marines and Marines affiliates like the Warlords have any access to seastone. Normal boats don't get any coating, which is why only the World Government official ships have the ability to cross the Calm Belt.
No.89979
Anonymous
This week's One Piece chapter: things get Departed.
No.89984
Anonymous
One Piece has moles and tears abound. Naruto's fight is still dumb. And Bleach killed a whole bunch of fodder except the one that mattered.
No.89985
Anonymous
Also we're saging.
save file
image:141347967600.jpg(65kB , 500x476 , tumblr_inline_ndjkphczye1ro10g0.jpg)
Truly an audacious fool worthy of the name Donquixote:

//youtube.com/watch?v=aKC9N3oM728youtube thumb

Courage and Pride make for a Dangerous Combo
save file
image:141349527100.jpg(123kB , 807x400 , 18m51fnyvv8rxjpg.jpg)
Sasuke from Naruto: "My plan is to be the squid from Watchmen."

Jesus Christ wow.
No.89991
Anonymous
Replies:>>89992
>>89990
And this is happening right after Madara already fulfilled that position. It's completely unnecessary.
No.89992
It begins.
>>89990
>>89991
No Guys. You see he plans to be the squid from Watchmen for all of eternity constantly reviving himself over and over again.

That's a much better plan.
save file
image:141354189100.jpg(164kB , 640x1136 , image.jpg)
That sounds like the pencil sketch chapter wasn't a strange mixup, just a case of not enough time to finish.
No.89998
Anonymous
Speaking of Naruto I'm surprised Naruto/Sakura shipping has so many fanboys on /a/
No.90015
Anonymous
Prepare yourselves to witness the TRUE MASTERMIND of the naruto universe!

http://imgur.com/a/gc6Cc#P4ZD6kW

crusader kings ftw
No.90031
Anonymous
Replies:>>90033
Naruto: oh no! sasuke's about to deliver the final blow. how will naruto get out of this one?

Bleach: Of course Death-Dealer ends up dying anyway.

One Piece: Yeah Corazon's fucked.
No.90033
Anonymous
>>90031
Corazon's so damned unlucky. That sequence made his Calm Calm Fruit look really great though, he's an awesome spy. It's just too bad the fates are against him.
No.90036
I don't think I've ever seen a chapter as utterly pointless as this Bleach chapter. Absolutely nothing would be even slightly different if Death-Dealing Dan had just died at the end of last chapter.
No.90038
Anonymous
Okay, I actually REALLY LIKED that Naruto chapter. No giant chakra mecha, no heaven-and-earth-shaking techniques, no magical hax bullshit, no-last second new even-more-hax techniques. Just two guys using a minimal number of jutsu and mostly BEATING THE EVER LOVING FUCK out of each other to the point of total physical exhaustion and beyond.

That's how a fight should be.
No.90060
Anonymous
http://4thletter.net/2014/10/tite-kubos-bleach-601-violence-comix/
save file
image:141459941400.jpg(85kB , 752x347 , 1174688774758.jpg)
Well shoot, they started rerunning Death Note in the English weekly jump and now I've started watching it again.
Well played, Viz.
No.90066
Anonymous
That last page of Naruto is the most offensive by far.
No.90067
Anonymous
Time for a new thread.
No.90071
Anonymous
Replies:>>90072
Did... did Naruto and Sasuke seriously blow each other's hands off with their final techniques and somehow manage to form a heart with the resulting blood flow, and then be sure they were going to both bleed to death yet lose consciousness and then inexplicably survive anyway?

Just... just... what the fuck, man. What the fuck. This wouldn't be all that bad if it wasn't just so ridiculous and facepalm worthy.
No.90072
Anonymous
>>90071
...what?
save file
image:141480497100.jpg(195kB , 685x500 , 1414802766773.jpg)
How did Nisekoi land on Shonen Jump? The series sticks out like a sore thumb among the others.
No.90286
Anonymous
Gintama 319

JEEESUUUUUS.

My heart ;_;