/cog/ - Traditional & Video Gaming

plus4chan.org will be transferred this weekend (US Thanksgiving, about 11/29) to our host to centralize things. Nameservers will remain the same so it should not be noticed, but FYI

The archives have been restored! You can check them here.

Please use this thread to report any bugs.

radio
8MB jpg, 12MB png, 8MB gif, 16MB swf, 16MB webm, 8MB mp3, 16MB mp4
17 posts, 5 images (total attachments: 5)
The Sneaky Tiki
savepng509.616KB
AM3NnvnAstC3te4ofKGMdi-650-80.png
spoiler
RESIDENT EVIL....THREAD

So taking all bets, taking all bets on "Redfield," I wanna say it's revealed he was his brother the whole time but that seems too logical for Resident Evil.

Also, the game is really good. i mean, not 100+ dollars (if you include the season pass) good, but good.

You can really tell they felt stunned over 6 being such a fuster cluck.
replyreportdelete
The Sneaky Tiki
savejpg22.476KB
resident-evil-7-umbrella-corporation-helicopter-...
spoiler
Cuz I can't imagine Chris jumping in anything with this on the side or with anything that even thinks about calling themselves this for that matter.
replyreportdelete
Mr. StonezWb42fBPMM
Watched about the first half of the game on release night (the guy who played it was…not good at it). Good, good shit. The switch back to the horror aspects of the franchise after the slow lurch (and then swift fall) into action-adventure served this game well.

I just hope we get some insight into that ending sooner rather than later. How the bloody hell does Umbrella, in any form, still exist?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>201617
BUY THE DLC
replyreportdelete
The Sneaky Tiki
>201620
I GODDAMN KNOW CAPCOM, YA DID A GOOD THING, DON'T YELL AT ME
replyreportdelete
Mr. StonezWb42fBPMM
So, the first DLC for RE7 has already dropped, and it has a bit of gameplay that maybe should have been in the main game: a "minigame" where you have to escape, but you also have to avoid letting on that you are trying to escape.

//youtube.com/watch?v=F1IkD3Ff8o0youtube thumb

It is a great mix of tension and puzzle-solving.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>201632

would fit with the other bits of the game
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg154.955KB
Tentsu_case.jpg
spoiler
>201617
I dunno. Is this the same timeline? I mean we know a Raccoon City incident occurred but from what some have deduced this outbreak isn't Umbrella Corp in origin and seems to stem from a Rival company Tentsu as can be seen in the specimen containers. Be weird if this calls back to RE1 so much that Wesker is back to being a "good guy".

Guess that is something else that will be touched upon in the DLC.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg177.55KB
pebble_codex_01-jpg-rcm1920x0.jpg
>Credits of the game show the watch used was modeled on a Pebble.

>"Cool, wonder how close they are to getting a watch that does all the stuff in the game" (target tracking being the obvious exception I guess)

>Pebble closed its doors back in Dec '16

Damn, looked like they were really close as far as making a watch with the same heart rate functions.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
7 is much more creative than previous games yes, but they need to stop making this series.

It has to stop.
replyreportdelete
Mr. StonezWb42fBPMM
>201728

On one hand, I agree with you — companies have to learn when to let certain media properties "die" and stay dead. Some movies, games, etc. do not need sequels, remakes, or reboots. (And "Resident Evil 6" was about as good an ending to the franchise as it was going to get at that point.)

On the other hand, "Resident Evil 7" has proven itself good enough to justify its continuation of the "Resident Evil" franchise. If Capcom can take the franchise in a new (or at least good) direction after this game, why should the franchise end with this game — especially if the franchise is still a solid moneymaker for Capcom?
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>201732

Also its kinda a Sideboot(?) of the series or something. Raccoon City incident still occurred but everything else after that is kinda up in the air. As noted by the different Umbrella Logo and whatever the Bakers connection is back to Raccoon City as noted by the picture of
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
The mold is even more bullshit and magical than your usual zombie virus from this series, it goes a bit too far for me.

Also how is not everywhere already infected with the stuff considering what we've seen of it, and the environment it happened to be released and given a chance to grow in for so many years.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Project Resistance doesn't look good.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Why has there never been a proper Resident Evil rpg? Japan loves rpgs.
The entire franchise was originally inspired by a survival horror rpg for the NES.

Gaiden doesn't count.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
savejpg46.972KB
EJ-KeyBXUAA-BYQ.jpg
Wonder how good the Resi3 Remake is going to be
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>417759
Whos seen the 'leaked' covers? Nemesis looks retarded with a nose.
replyreportdelete

File selected.