/cog/ - Traditional & Video Gaming

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 135 posts, 18 files (18 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /cog/200301 Close window
Options
save file
image:146571108800.png(129kB , 1000x1248 , latest[1])
Schedule here:
http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/5/26/11787926/e3-2016-live-stream-schedule

Comedy filter here:
http://www.giantbomb.com/

Hopes here:
Last. Guardian. Date.
No.200306
T4 was here
For sweds.
http://www.svampriket.se/2016/06/svampriket-live-e3-2016/
No.200307
Anonymous
>Know a twitch streamer watching the coverage on stream.

>Followers are some of the worst Twitch meme shitposters.

Damn, and just when you thought E3 couldn't be any more repellent.
No.200309
Anonymous
WE ARE GAMERS
No.200310
Alpharius on the move
Q U A K E

DOOM was good, lets see if lighting can strike twice.
No.200311
Anonymous
>>200310
yeah that

that's not going to happen

https://twitter.com/thatsmytrunks/status/742206643216076800
No.200312
Anonymous
Replies:>>200313
>>200310
>TF2 (fuck Overwatch) style Classes.

Yea its shit and missing the point of Quake Arena.
No.200313
Anonymous
Replies:>>200314
>>200312
>ID oftware is planning to make another Quake game.
Sounds good.
>People at ID software also want to get in on this class based multiplayer action.
This could also be pretty good. I mean, the first versions of Team Fortress was a Quake mod to begin with, so why not go full circle with this for a bit?
>It's being made as the first Quake game in years right after making a revival of the Doom game that will stand as a point of comparison as to the nature of revivals.
Well this part's looking a big dicey.
No.200314
Anonymous
>>200313
Problem is ID isn't the developer. And by large people consider the MP part of New Doom to be horrible shit.
save file
image:146585220500.png(431kB , 1420x408 , monster.png)
Made this for you. Feel free to put in a monster.
No.200316
Anonymous
Berserk Musou is a go!
No.200319
Mister Twister
Replies:>>200333
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 will be remade for PS4. If that means a potential remake of Twinsanity, or Jak 5, I will fucking give them my money.
No.200320
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>200422
Sony “won” E3. Everyone else can pack it up and go home.

Seriously: Nintendo would have to display the NX on the E3 showfloor to “win” E3 this year.
No.200321
Anonymous
>Norman Reedus surrounded by dead whales
What the fuck was with that?
No.200322
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>200324
>>200321

Kojima no longer has Konami's leash around his neck. Now we get to find out whether he needed it all along.
No.200323
Anonymous
>Ghost Recon
Holy shit this looks like MGSV but with actual stuff in the world from mission to mission. Looking rad af.
>That backpedalling
I WONDER why they kept it from being Mexico. The bad guys are Mexican, its the CIA forces, the terrain is all literally south Juarez Chihuahua... Kinda feel like they uh... didn't want to emulate a certain someone's image of the place.

Wonder why.

Christ, its such an afterthought too. I get not wanting to shake the already really shaky relations between the two actual countries by not making it explicitly CIA FUCK YEAH KILL WETTIES but that's what it is ANYWAY?

Steep also looks very entertaining. You'd think it being a sports game there wouldn't be fuckin death left and right but hey there it was anyway.
No.200324
Anonymous
>>200322
Kojima with the limiter removed. Go on.

To further add questions what would come out of a collaboration between Swery, Suda and Kojima. And who would be mad enough to bankroll the madness.

Such and announcement would drive that E3 insane.
No.200326
Anonymous
Replies:>>200327
Some apparently being mad that the Watchdogs 2 protagonist is now a black guy. Though I call bullshit on that really. More them just trying to dodge that the Las game was horrible downgraded garbage. Will Ubisoft show actual game footage or just most of that pretentious bullshit trailer.
No.200327
Anonymous
Replies:>>200328
>>200326
Just Steam being Steam. Sad that so many people still think it's a viable thing to troll over, I mean you don't see the Internet shitposting Catholics to death with anti-Papist memes and the like in this day and age.
No.200328
Anonymous
>>200327
Kinda goes back to my thought on picking ones battles. Watchdogs 2 isn't anywhere near the best thing to fight over for anything. So far it just looks like a GTA, mashup with Getting Up that tagging social rebel game. Cept hacking instead of tagging.
No.200329
Anonymous
Replies:>>200330
>>200321
>Norman Reedus mpreg
Is this Kojima's secret fetish or something?
No.200330
Mister Twister
>>200329
I think Kojima just likes to shock people.

Also, the baby was made of nanomachines.
No.200331
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/14/11937192/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-female-hero

This is the stupidest reasoning for not making a playable female character since “they’re soo hard to animate”.
No.200332
Anonymous
>>200331
If they don't want to make a female protagonist, then they don't have to. But none of these stupid excuses like these which show how unimaginative they are.
Replies:>>200337
save file
image:146594573800.jpg(2.28MB , 1247x1781 , Zelda Wii U.jpg)
>>200331
Other than that, Breath of the Wild looks very good. I'm liking the magitech direction they're taking with the Shiekah slate and the guardians.

>>200319
You could see the excitement utterly vanish when they mentioned it was just remasters and Skylanders. But if the promise of a new game from Vicarious Visions is there after the remasters sell, I'm okay with this.
No.200336
Anonymous
>>200331

Zelda starts out from the castle and Link starts out from the field. They don't really interact during their travels save for village locations.

Maybe if they put Zelda in short skirts or tight leather with cavernous cleavage then they'd think differently.
save file
image:146595035900.png(106kB , 262x365 , Lyn finds it funny.png)
>>200333
>that image
No.200341
Anonymous
Doom is up for Shareware Demo of the first level during the week of E3. Gonna get it to test my system specs.
save file
image:146596910500.png(465kB , 1152x976 , 1465950770023.png)
No.200343
Anonymous
>>200342
Bridge Crew I'd liked to see on the Vive. Since that unit seems to be a lot more ready for Prime Time than the Oculus Rift.
No.200344
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>200345
>>200342

In fairness to Nintendo, they never intended to have a huge presence at E3, considering they have their own major event later in the year. That the presentation included the new Pokémon was surprising, considering Nintendo had said it planned to center the presentation around the new Zelda.
No.200345
Anonymous
>>200344
>That the presentation included the new Pokémon was surprising
yeah it was a complete surprise when they announced that it would include that like 2 weeks before E3
No.200346
Anonymous
>>200331
They simply have no reason to make the protagonist female. Zelda has always been a classic fairytale of a knight rescuing a princess. So the protagonist is male. Why is this such an issue? When has any female gamer had a problem with this scenario, and how is that problem not pure whining?
No.200347
Anonymous
Detroit Becomes Human is David Cage's latest art house game experience isn't it.
No.200348
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>200346

When the current Link design only needs a set of noticeable tits to pass for female, what does it say about Nintendo that it can’t implement a gender choice for Link? If every version of Link is a different reincarnation of the Hero of Time, why can’t just one of those reincarnations be a woman? If there is literally no reason to make the protagonist male other than a “lore” that Nintendo created and can change at any time, why do we need a “reason” for a female Link?

But let’s say “a female Link in the starring role of a proper Zelda game” is an idea that Nintendo will avoid like the plague. If Link can star in a game like Majora’s Mask (which didn’t rely on saving Zelda and only showed her in a single flashback sequence) and Zelda can be a major supporting character with actual agency and even character depth (Tetra in Wind Waker), why can’t we have a game where Zelda is the main character and Link is either the supporting character or not present at all? For fuck’s sake, the franchise is called The Legend of Zelda—so why the hell can’t the title character ever go on an adventure worthy of being turned into a legend all its own?
save file
image:146598376000.png(1.56MB , 2000x1784 , Linkle_Crossbows_(Hyrule_Warriors).png)
>>200348
And its not as if they didn't introduce another sister just a little while back. One that uses weapons and stuff.
>>200348
I think for now they just want to stick with the established lore of the goddess had the hots for this guy so she arranged it that he'll always be reincarnated into her/Zelda's boyfriend.
No.200352
Anonymous
>>200346
>When has any female gamer had a problem with this scenario
Gee whiz I could refer you to--
>and how is that problem not pure whining?
...I'm gonna give that point some undeserved legitimacy and actually respond. Its criticism towards the series. Critique. Like one you'd see towards a movie's CG or a, for example, game's writing.
It's a legitimate point that really just seeks another angle with which to make the game fresh, much like critiquing Zelda's template-following has lead to this current iteration.

That said, I personally have no PROBLEM with how it is, especially the new edition. But if anyone asks me if its a thing I want, I won't lie - yeah I'd be into a female link.

Besides, they already said the story of Breath of the Wind involves its Link being one from a previous game, so yeah.
No.200353
Anonymous
>>200348
>When the current Link design only needs a set of noticeable tits to pass for female, what does it say about Nintendo that it can’t implement a gender choice for Link?

I don't think you understand bishounen.

>If every version of Link is a different reincarnation of the Hero of Time, why can’t just one of those reincarnations be a woman?

Because the established lore wouldn't let that make sense. If subsequent heroes are meant to be reincarnations, it makes far more sense for them to be in the spitting image of the original hero. IE a male. And as I've already said, Zelda is a series emulating a classic fairytale set in medieval times where women being heroes is generally frowned upon unless they are pirates or Gerudo. Zelda obviously can't be a prince, unless they change the name to something stupid like Zeldan. And if that's the case, there's nothing wrong with Link not being able to be female.

>why can’t we have a game where Zelda is the main character and Link is either the supporting character or not present at all?

That's not the issue here. The argument is that Link should be female, not that Zelda should be playable. That's changing the subject entirely.
No.200354
rasputin_zero !!e9Z+3lbULwW
>>200353
>If subsequent heroes are meant to be reincarnations, it makes far more sense for them to be in the spitting image of the original hero. IE a male.
Except the Links in all the games aren't spitting images of each other. Some are blond, some are brown-haired, some are stubby-nosed, some are pointy-nosed, some are short, some are tall, even their trademark costumes are different (radically so in the newest iteration). They're similar, to be sure, but in Hindu and Buddhist mythology reincarnations aren't limited to one species, let alone sex.

They're already throwing out the rulebook for so many Zelda tropes in this latest game, why stick doggedly to the one facet that a: would be piss-easy to turn into a variable, b: has no functional consequence on the game itself, and c: generate a tremendous amount of goodwill at a stroke by being flexible about it?
No.200355
Anonymous
>>200353
>That's not the issue here. The argument is that Link should be female, not that Zelda should be playable. That's changing the subject entirely.
No, no it isn't. Try actually reading the article instead of talking entirely out your ass for once.
No.200357
Anonymous
>>200353
All of your points are sort of irrelevant considering this story is fictional and entirely up to the people making it. If they just said "we feel like link works better as a man, " that'd be fine, but these "in- universe" explanations are retarded.
No.200358
Anonymous
I'm in the camp that would be cool with a female link and even I'm sitting here thinking this all sounds like whining just because they didn't do it this time.
No.200359
Anonymous
>>200357
That's how I feel. I don't really care for girl Link either way but it's digging himself deeper and making himself look like an idiot when he could've said nothing at all.
No.200360
Anonymous
Replies:>>200362
>>200358
>I'm in the camp that would be cool with a female link
Sure you are
No.200362
Anonymous
>>200360
Don't start this, please.
No.200363
Anonymous
Replies:>>200365
>>200358
>whining
still with that, huh?
No.200364
Anonymous
Replies:>>200390
>>200354
>c: generate a tremendous amount of goodwill at a stroke by being flexible about it?

This is the part I'm confused about. I don't see how Zelda will somehow become a shining beacon for feminists everywhere by having a female Link. I don't see why it's necessary for this particular series to do so anyway. I've heard the argument that it would be fresh and new, but no it wouldn't. When people talk about Zelda being stale, they're not talking about the main character's gender.

I feel like the same people bitching about no female Link are the same people bitching about Final Fantasy 15 having an all-male playable cast.

>>200357
>If they just said "we feel like link works better as a man, " that'd be fine

No it wouldn't. You'd question that too.
No.200365
Anonymous
Replies:>>200367
>>200363
I love how this website thinks that anybody who agrees with someone else is just a troll and the same guy.
No.200366
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>200353

>I don't think you understand bishounen.

I do. The point still stands: it would be easy, from a design standpoint, to make Link look like a girl without changing the overall aesthetic of Link’s design. Linkle proves it’s possible.

>the established lore wouldn't let that make sense

Please keep in mind that Nintendo wrote that lore. It could change that lore at any time. What would it really affect if the Hero of Time was a woman, even just once?

>Zelda is a series emulating a classic fairytale set in medieval times where women being heroes is generally frowned upon unless they are pirates or Gerudo.

Again: Nintendo writes the lore, Nintendo can change that sexist bullshit in a flat minute.

>Zelda obviously can't be a prince, unless they change the name to something stupid like Zeldan. And if that's the case, there's nothing wrong with Link not being able to be female.

Why can’t both Link and Zelda be wom—oooooooooooooooooh, right. The gay thing.

>The argument is that Link should be female, not that Zelda should be playable. That's changing the subject entirely.

No, the argument is about why the Legend of Zelda game can’t have a playable female protagonist. If Nintendo won’t see fit to give us a female Link, why can’t we then have a Zelda game where she’s the one going on an adventure and doing grand things and such?

>>200354

>They're already throwing out the rulebook for so many Zelda tropes in this latest game, why stick doggedly to the one facet that a: would be piss-easy to turn into a variable, b: has no functional consequence on the game itself, and c: generate a tremendous amount of goodwill at a stroke by being flexible about it?

See, that’s what I’m talking about.

>>200358

>this all sounds like whining just because they didn't do it this time

That’s because this time, Nintendo would’ve known that people were asking for a female Link (both from generalized fan requests and from the fact that Linkle was put into Hyrule Warriors almost completely due to fan response). Designing a game around a character that could be either a man or a woman wouldn’t be a trivial challenge, but it also wouldn’t be some grand task that would delay the new game for three years or whatever. Nintendo could’ve earned itself goodwill and flipped the script on yet another Zelda trope (or three) by offering the choice to play as a female Link. But it didn’t, and that was okay…until Eiji Aonuma offered up the dumbest fucking explanations as to why we won’t have that choice (and why we might never see a Zelda game with Zelda as the main playable protagonist). If Nintendo would’ve put Aonuma on a leash or coached him on giving a less stupid-sounding answer, there probably wouldn’t be an uproar over this issue—but it didn’t, so now we’re here.

And just so I’m clear: A Zelda game with a female Link should be designed from the ground up with Link’s gender in mind. But since none of the games really emphasize the necessity of Link’s gender (beyond the “lore” that Nintendo could change if it really wants to), having a Zelda game that at least allows for a choice in Link’s gender—even if flipping that switch has no meaningful effect on the gameplay and the story—would be a nice gesture.
No.200367
Anonymous
>>200365
THERE'S LITERALLY LIKE 5 PEOPLE ACROSS THE WHOLE SITE.
IT'S MORE LIKELY THAN YOU THINK.
No.200368
Anonymous
Nintendo made Metroid. I think they can be pardoned for having a few semi-sexist tropes.
No.200369
Anonymous
Replies:>>200370
>>200368
They also made Other M.
No.200370
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>200369

Technically, they only published Other M.

…now, as for E3: HOLY SHIT RE7 IN VR. That’s a whole fuckload of nope.avi right there.
No.200371
Anonymous
Replies:>>200374
>>200368
Its not really a credit system, anon.
Besides, i think the reason why I'm not really surprised they're sexist in the first place is just due to the fact that they're a japanese company with conservative gender politics.
Its expected, honestly.
Though I do think a co-op game where Link and Linkle adventure together and you can play as either or would be fun.
No.200373
Anonymous
Just fucking make my god damn Zelda mage adventure I am so tired of swords and also swords.
No.200374
Anonymous
>>200371
>Besides, i think the reason why I'm not really surprised they're sexist in the first place is just due to the fact that they're a japanese company with conservative gender politics.

You and I both know how blatantly racist that is.
No.200375
Anonymous
>>200374
Not that anon but
>they're a japanese company with conservative gender politics.
>conservative gender politics
It's no more or less racist than saying parts of Saudi Arabia treat women badly.
No.200376
Anonymous
Replies:>>200377
>>200374
>You and I both know how blatantly racist that is.
Not only is that not racism, even if it were it's funny how the only time your kind cares about racism is when it lets you be sexist, and vice versa.
No.200377
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>200378
>>200376

>your kind

What do you mean, “your kind”?
No.200378
Anonymous
>>200377
Shitty internet nerds who can't deal with ladies, lgbt, and non-whites.
No.200379
Anonymous
Sure would be nice if the gender politics were to be taken to the containment thread on /baw/. Granted, this type of crap is the only thing that shows the site is still alive.
No.200380
Anonymous
Replies:>>200383
>>200379
Case in point, shitty internet nerd who can't deal with etc. Any mention thereof is automatically "politics."
No.200381
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>200379

It’s here to stay until the overlords say otherwise. Don’t like it? Door’s to your left.
No.200383
Anonymous
>>200380
I hope you both realize that the only newcomers to your site are the ones that see how liberal and douchey your little community is.

Maybe if you stopped treating yourselves as a hugbox, you'd get more people coming here. Who have differing opinions than you that are, like it or not, perfectly legitimate and not black and white like you think.
No.200384
Anonymous
>>200383
That's nice.
No.200385
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>200383

You can have differing opinions without resorting to insulting people who don’t agree with you.
No.200386
Anonymous
Replies:>>200388
>>200385
Weren't you constantly calling people you disagreed with crazy hobos in order to say their opinions hold no value? Have you managed to learn from your mistakes, or are you a hypocrite?
Replies:>>200388
save file
image:146603970300.jpg(13kB , 321x306 , 1382155240834.jpg)
>>200385
I didn't insult anybody before people like you started throwing insults first.
No.200388
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>200386
Yes.

>>200387
What do you mean, “people like you”?
No.200389
Anonymous
>>200383
>perfectly legitimate
No, bigotry is not in fact legitimate but nice try.
No.200390
Anonymous
Replies:>>200391
>>200364
>No it wouldn't. You'd question that too.
>
Thanks for telling me how I think, random Internet Goblin who doesn't know me.
No.200391
Anonymous
Replies:>>200393
>>200390
>Thanks for telling me how I think, random Internet Goblin who doesn't know me.
we are only able to judge you by the posts you make

guess what those indicate
No.200392
Anonymous
Jesus christ. Poorly disguised /pol/ kun(s) who complaints about people being whiny and easily offended, but at the same time can't stop crying about those whiny SJWs the Liberal Boogeyman and their sinister political agendas, versus actually oversensitive person/people seeing racism in everything and is convinced people less offended than them are Nerds(tm) or suffer some sort of moral deficit. This kinda matchup never ends well. Shut up.
No.200393
Anonymous
>>200391
It was a forty five word post that said very little other than that I find it exhausting when nerds try to argue that we're supposed to respect "the rules" of fictitious universes when we react to things created by real-life people.

Have you considered the possibility that you just see boogeymen where you want to see them, and rant against them because you have unresolved anger issues and no constructive outlet for that anger?
No.200394
Anonymous
Replies:>>200398
>>200393
Not them and I generally agree with you against the other guy who's acting like a bitch baby but immediately jumping to the bigot and samefag labels, and stuff like
>>If they just said "we feel like link works better as a man, " that'd be fine
>No it wouldn't. You'd question that too.
Doesn't really help your case eithr. You're taking too hard of a stance here.
save file
image:146604337000.jpg(151kB , 1473x1835 , CS_SW_BB_PCKFRNT_FRONT_ART_001B_1434429451.jpg)
Guys. VIDEO GAMES!
No.200396
Anonymous
>>200395
Still think Puppet Dragon is going to die hard.
No.200397
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>200406
>>200395

I’m amazed this is actually coming out.
No.200398
Anonymous
>>200394
I didn't call him a bigot or a samefag. I said he's lashing out mindlessly about "liberals" and choosing to see points that aren't being made for the purposes of getting himself angrier. That's a personal problem he needs to deal with.
save file
image:146604464900.jpg(31kB , 500x336 , norman reetears.jpg)
Fucking hell I still can't get over how ridiculous all of this is.
No.200400
Anonymous
Replies:>>200402
>>200399
Yes, I know, how dare people talk about the culture of video games in a video game thread, right?
No.200401
Anonymous
>>200393
oh um, wait sorry

I got the conversation flow mixed up and thought you were /pol/kun

It's been a long day.
No.200402
Anonymous
>>200400
What? I was referring to... whatever the fuck was supposed to be happening in that mindfuck of a trailer for Death Stranding.
No.200403
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>200407
>>200402

Kojima finally got to go full crazy, that’s what was happening.
No.200405
Anonymous
>>200402
Ah, I thought you were referring to the conversation going on when you posted it. My bad.
save file
image:146605515500.jpg(517kB , 2100x1052 , 558263988_NkyXZ-2100x20000.jpg)
>>200397
Been a while, hasn't it?
No.200407
Anonymous
Replies:>>200408
>>200399
>>200403
I don't know much about either title, but I heard someone interpreting it this way: the trailer touched on a bunch of things that were known to be elements of The Silent Hills before it was canned, and existed primarily not to introduce the story of this game as much as it did just to say "I'm still making the Silent Hills, we just have to call it something different."
No.200408
Anonymous
>>200407
Makes sense, though the trailer seems to lack that "this is a horror game" feel. Waiting to see if GDT's name shows up for it eventually.
No.200409
Anonymous
Replies:>>200410
The last giant bomb segment may have actually been a bigger shitshow than JV tweeting out Lang's number
No.200410
Anonymous
Replies:>>200411
No.200411
Anonymous
>>200410
It's the last segment of the day 2 live show, with Patrick, Mary, Danny, etc. Check the archive when it's up (also check basically every segment, with the sole exception of Phil Spencer tonight all of this year's segments have been great).
No.200415
Anonymous
https://twitter.com/HIDEO__KOJIMA_/status/699672354675421185
Jesus Kojima isn't holding back anymore.
No.200417
Mister Twister
Replies:>>200432
>>200415
Also, this heeds to be known:
//youtube.com/watch?v=xbr_vyayk2Eyoutube thumb
No.200418
Anonymous
>>200415
>https://twitter.com/HIDEO__KOJIMA_/status/699672354675421185
>"[PARODY ACCOUNT NOT IN ANY WAY AFFILIATED WITH HIDEO KOJIMA OR KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS] "
Replies:>>200423
save file
image:146611372300.png(93kB , 244x250 , rf the face of disappoint.png)
>>200418
Replies:>>200423
save file
image:146611449300.jpg(106kB , 635x843 , original.jpg)
>>200320
>Sony “won” E3. Everyone else can pack it up and go home.

pffffftttttttt looks like Stone was a little early on his call there. It is nice to see that at the end of the day, the orchestras, bullshot trailers, and cryptic movies for games that /don't even have an engine yet/, a humble presentation of excellent and fun gameplay from a reputable franchise can still shine through.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/e3_2016_brandwatch_data_shows_the_legend_of_zelda_dominating_social_media_during_e3
No.200423
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>200422

Link's latest adventure might be the game of E3, but Sony still had the best presentation and some of the bigger surprises (Last Guardian’s release date, Resident Evil 7, the new Spider-Man game) of E3.

This was never Nintendo’s E3 to “win”, considering their presentation wasn’t the typical E3 presser and it only featured two games. Besides, the real magic for Nintendo comes later this year, when it does its own big event and drops info on the NX and such.

>>200421

This is why we always double-check to see if it’s the official account, MT. Verify that shit.
No.200424
Anonymous
>>200418
And yet... https://www.instagram.com/p/BGnrvZIMcOS/?taken-by=bigbaldhead
No.200425
Anonymous
//youtube.com/watch?v=tagfsS-joIYyoutube thumb

Previously Recorded going over E3.
No.200426
TeethandHunger
Replies:>>200427
Dead Rising 4 is the only game I'm interested in knowing more about.
No.200427
Anonymous
>>200426
Too them two games and having him be an extra and support to understand people wanted the original crazy zombie fucker back.
No.200428
Anonymous
AUSTIN NO
No.200429
Anonymous
Replies:>>200430
ok so what was the giant bomb shit show
No.200430
Anonymous
>>200429
Well the JV/Lang/Bites segment was a great trainwreck as always but then the party fucking died with the announcement that Austin is departing.

It's not over some family thing like Pat thankfully, but he's embargoed on whatever it is for now.
No.200431
Anonymous
Replies:>>200434
>>200430
Already? That seems sudden. But I guess working for Giant Bomb takes a strong stomach. The 4chan part of that fanbase is pretty fucking vile. Especially to someone like Austin.
No.200432
Anonymous
>>200417
Also that new Resident Evil looked a fucking lot like PT in the demo.
No.200433
Anonymous
So Windows 10 playing XBONE games? Likely just a side effect due to them running on the same OS now. Think it'll harm XBONE sales when for about the same cost they can outfit a PC with better gear?
No.200434
Anonymous
>>200431
>Already? That seems sudden.
He has some project he's joining like I said. I doubt it's just internet jackasses.
No.200435
Anonymous
MysterySolved.jpg

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/vice-austin-walker-giant-bomb-1201797909/
No.200437
Mister Twister
Replies:>>200438
>>200433
I always wondered why did Microsoft bother entering the console market, when they already dominated the PeeSea world with Windblows. Seems like a pointless extra effort for little reward.
No.200438
Anonymous
>>200437
If you look at any thread where a PC exclusive (or upgraded from console) game is mentioned you'll see console users complaining about spending $1000+ every year to keep a PC up to date. Microsoft was likely counting on those people to spend large chunks of money that they won't have to share with anyone. Which would net you the greater profit: cost of the console and games and online subscription, or just the games?
No.200439
Anonymous
>>200438
Ah capitalizing on the idiots that either upgrade each year because they are speed freaks and tech nuts or don't know they don't have to. Its like I read articles of people that have 700 series Nvidia cards or old Sandy Bridge Intel Processors and they don't feel the need to upgrade since most games out there even maxed can be handled by that level of Tech.
No.200441
Mister Twister
>>200438
I actually completely forgot how overpriced the best gaming PCs are.
No.200442
Anonymous
Replies:>>200443
>>200433
MS is kinda conceding the fight with Sony on this one. Which is a lucky fuckin break for Sony since the PS4 is like the only thing they make that actually sells.
No.200443
Anonymous
>>200442
Well its the only thing that doesn't take their proprietary bullshit connectors and nonsense and make things utterly impossible to use easily.
No.200444
Anonymous
Speaking of PC gaming, is the talk show format really working for the PC Gamer Show? I appreciate the commitment to information above marketing hype, but it makes for a dull "conference." I thought it was less boring than last year's show, at least.
No.200445
Anonymous
Replies:>>200446
>>200430
Giant Bomb is finally Full Mayo.
No.200446
Anonymous
>>200445
Sometimes, I still think I can hear Alexis' voice.

He say, "take Drew and the forklift, then never turn back."
No.200451
Anonymous
Replies:>>200452
Are the Zaibatsu going to upload the recordings of the streams anywhere, for those of us who weren't able to watch it live?
No.200452
T4 was here
>>200451
Twitch has an arcive but Matt said something about putting them on youtube next week.
TA Link: https://www.twitch.tv/superbestfriendsplay/profile
No.200460
Anonymous
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/mass-effect-andromeda-round-all-details-about-game-e3-2016-683339

Okay overall sounds like a neat idea. Sounds like the Freelancer game in which they had Arks for all their nations and they settled a new Galaxy.

Now all the races settle in this new Andromeda maybe as an idea to backup all their races encase a Reaper got left behind or something. Or if its Really like Freelancer than the Ark project took shape and was commissioned before the end of Mass Effect 3.

So nobody knows if they actually won that great war so many MILLIONS of years ago.

As Far as anyone knows they are the last of their species from the Milky Way galaxy.

It really sounds like these new devs listened and fixed the problems.

I'll wait and see but all that info gives me a bit of hope that Mass Effect could be great again.
save file
image:146659831800.png(484kB , 1920x1080 , 1466564102333.png)
Dead Rising 4 pics
save file
image:146659834600.png(571kB , 1920x1080 , 1466564038413.png)
Replies:>>200492
save file
image:146659838800.png(1.49MB , 1920x1080 , 1466574970922.png)
Replies:>>200489
save file
image:146660479700.jpg(170kB , 1920x1080 , 1466575047504.jpg)
No.200489
Anonymous
Replies:>>200495
>>200488
...Minimechs are a thing in it? Or is the Zero suit there a bonus unlockable like the working Buster Gun was in the first Dead Rising.
I'm having trouble telling exactly how big it is, seems like its FO4 power-armor size.
No.200492
DC General: Justice stands alone.
>>200486
Franks sidekick there that possibly Annie/Katey
Replies:>>200523
save file
image:146663684900.png(1.66MB , 1344x756 , Spoiler image)
>>200489
This might help. I had to resize it because +4 said it TOO AWESOMELY BIG!

>>200489
Depends on the time frame this takes place in.
No.200523
Anonymous
Replies:>>200539
>>200495
Looks to be after 3 with Frank in his early 50s. And I could see this adding her since they both have a stake in figuring out the origins of this outbreak now occurring twice in the same place. Maybe even leading to a more permanent cure.

Which sets up Frank going hero and giving it to her while he wades into the Horde for the last hurrah.
No.200528
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>200529
http://whitecollargamer.kinja.com/sony-set-a-new-standard-for-e3-press-conferences-1782496207

Regardless of whether you think Nintendo or Sony “won” E3, it’s hard to argue against the notion that Sony had the best presser in terms of presentation.
No.200529
Anonymous
>>200528
Well yes they setup more like an SDCC presentation and less like a Expo presentation.
No.200539
TeethandHunger
>>200523
I really have no hope for Frank's story at all. It's going to be some bullshit ending, I just know it.