/cog/ - Traditional & Video Gaming

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 232 posts, 47 files (45 image(s), 2 video(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /cog/187266 Close window
Options
Replies:>>187339
save file
image:139969548400.jpg(319kB , 800x800 , 27438706.jpg)
Futari wa Fightan General!

Friday Night Fisticuffs - Jojo…youtube thumb
Times like this makes me want a PS3 or a vita version fro that game.
Replies:>>187338
save file
image:139975648700.gif(401kB , 428x625 , skullgirls-eliza-ingame-walk-forward.gif)
Salty! May 9 Eliza's normals &…youtube thumb

Eliza stuff. She's creepy as fuck. Also Fukka stuff.

God Skullgirls is great.
No.187338
TeethandHunger
Ok, I need some help.
I need Japanese names for attacks. Attacks made by a Japanese ghost house.
I need them by tomorrow night. Please.

>>187271
I saw the live stream of him drawing that. The jiggle was crazy that day.
No.187339
Anonymous
Replies:>>187344
>>187266
I'm pretty sure it's out on PS3, dude.
No.187342
Anonymous
Replies:>>187362
>>187338
I don't know the first thing to help you with. Japanese ghost house?
No.187343
Anonymous
Replies:>>187362
>>187338
Give me some attack concepts and I'll try to throw some semi-relevant moon gibberish at you.
>>187339
I don't have a PS3. :c
No.187362
TeethandHunger
>>187342
>>187343
Sorry guys, forget I asked. Never mind.
No.187363
Anonymous
POKKEN - The Pokemon Fighting …youtube thumb
So this might actually be a thing.
No.187407
Anonymous
Colossal Kaiju Combat Developm…youtube thumb

More development shown on the Colossal Kaiju Combat game.
No.187436
Anonymous
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/may/19/moons-people-arent-playing-umvc3-much-because-game-has-no-future-and-its-age-also-contributing-factor/
REAL TALK: The Slander Of Ulti…youtube thumb
No.187454
Anonymous
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/pdp-partners-nintendo-release-gamecube-controller-inspired-pad-wii-u-time-smash-bros/
No.187459
The Sneaky Tiki
Never mind, I figured it out.
No.187463
Anonymous
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/may/22/final-ultra-street-fighter-4-balance-change-list

The final change list is out!
Replies:>>187575
save file
image:140090577000.png(227kB , 500x500 , main.png)
WE LIKE IKE
WE LIKE IKE
WE LIKE IKE
No.187491
Anonymous
Replies:>>187493
Wanna see the engering tasks Colossal Kaiju Combat has? Sure you do!

https://trello.com/b/nchV79e8/engineering-tasks-for-ckc

Want to see an E-mail where multiple "disses" are used against Simon? Prepare yourself for the dissed-master yo.
http://kaijucombat.com/community/index.php?threads/a-peek-inside-simons-inbox.13304/

Also only two monsters left to reveal on the wiki.

http://kaijucombat.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ckc_monster_list

Since most of the monsters are out, do you guys like any of these desines at all?
No.187493
The Littlest Remora
>>187491
I like most of them beyond the initial roster, honestly.

Still, I feel CKC is a bit overly ambitious as a full franchise crowd-funded by amateurs, but I will reserve judgement until they actually release something. There are good ideas here, but big dreams and concept work do not a good game make.
No.187575
Anonymous
Replies:>>187578
>>187480
I fight for my friends.
save file
image:140160125600.png(452kB , 830x488 , Ike evolution.png)
>>187575
Fighting for your friends is good exercise for your biceps.
No.187582
Anonymous
Replies:>>187584
Mortal Kombat X:
Who's Next? -- Official Mortal…youtube thumb

Now even cutscenes can be clunky and awkward!
No.187584
Jumpman
>>187582
>not watching the superior version

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=8DhubZRnWw4&video_start=11&audio=5xxQs34UMx4&audio_start=0
No.187587
The Sneaky Tiki
I think a trailer showing off Shinnok and Quan Chi's scheme would have been a way better idea.
No.187591
Anonymous
Replies:>>187592
They're pushing Scorpion way too hard.
No.187592
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>187594
>>187591
Well poor bastard has been the unofficial mascot since, forever.
No.187594
Anonymous
>>187592
Yeah, but they didn't have to job Sub-Zero that brutally.
No.187597
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
True but G1 (Guess you'd call them that) Sub Zero has been Scorpions punching bag for a while now too.
No.187602
Anonymous
It just feels like they're trying too hard with him.
No.187603
Anonymous
>NRS being tryhard
ya don't say
No.187620
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>187621
Ultra SF4 Decapre Themeyoutube thumb

Damn, Capcom gave Decapre a pretty good theme.
No.187621
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>187620
Reminds me a lot of the crusader games
No.187647
T4 was Here
Replies:>>187650
Ahahahaha, oh WOW!
Hugo Breaks Street Fighter: BOSS RAGE Outtakeyoutube thumb
So how long before nerf?
No.187650
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
>>187647

I was watching the stream when that happened, it was the most incredible thing I've ever seen.
No.187667
Anonymous
Blown the FUCK out. Guess Hugo isn't as shit as everyone was saying after all.
Replies:>>187718
save file
image:140227020300.jpg(125kB , 688x387 , dedede face.jpg)
Matt Vs Max: Super Smash Bros.…youtube thumb

>Grabs are worthless in Brawl
No.187718
Anonymous
Replies:>>187722
>>187717
>Insert derogatory comment about Brawl not being a fighting game here
No.187722
Anonymous
>>187718
Brawl isn't even really a videogame, when you think about it.
No.187730
Anonymous
Replies:>>187731
TJ Combo is back and a good guy now.

Also Cinder teaser.

Killer Instinct: Season 2 - TJ…youtube thumb
No.187731
Anonymous
Replies:>>187733
>>187730
Is Iron Galaxy in charge of designs? Cause while Combo doesn't look terrible he doesn't look great either.
No.187733
T4 was Here
>>187731
Eh, atlest you cant confuse him for Balrog/Boxer or Jax.
Can get better when we see his customs.
No.187761
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
No.187762
Anonymous
Replies:>>187773
>>187760
How much more retarded will the story get I wonder?

It looked like it was going to be passable in the game where they basically "rebooted" the series, trim away at all the cancerous growths in the plot that had accumulated after so many games (which seems like a valid plan) but then in about the final quarter of the game it took a dive into total MK retardation.

Fatalities are kind of boring me now after all these years, also the the X-ray attacks. It might be the original gimmick the series had going for it but the massive gore for the sake of gore and brutality of being explicitly stabbed through the eyeballs and being unaffected the rest of the match just hold little appeal anymore
No.187763
The Sneaky Tiki
>>187760
FUCKING SO ON BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARD!!!

>We killed off so many characters what do we do?
>Bring out the MK4 Roaster?
>Sure, let's have a look at them now!
>.....
>MKX ALL NEW CHARACTERS!!!!

I knew they'd have to, MK4 stays buried for everything not Shinnok related.
No.187773
Anonymous
>>187762
I'm much the same way; although I never liked MKs controls or combo system. It just feels clunky and stiff and from the recent gameplay reveal last night it doesn't look like that's changed.
They've added in the interactive environment gimmick Injustice had that almost nobody likes though so there's that.
Replies:>>187775
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-super-smash-bros-for-3ds-delayed
I knew it wouldn't work when I heard that the 3DS and Wii versions had different release dates.
No.187775
Anonymous
>>187774
Pretty disappointed. Was hoping to have a reason to use my 3DS again this summer. Oh well.

Oh and Miis are finally playable:
http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/10/miis-playable-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds/

You can even pick your special moves which is pretty cool, but I'm willing to bet the options will be very limited and it'll only be a matter of time until someone finds some god-tier combination provided the character isn't gimped. Also I highly doubt it'll be tourney legal.
No.187811
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>187808
Fighting game or something else. Fella at the end looking like a PC with the hair, scouter, weight cape and Trunks gear.
No.187871
Anonymous
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jun/11/capcom-looking-developing-street-fighter-5-ps4-and-xbox-one-focusing-helping-beginners-considering-pay-advantage-models/

Why would you even MENTION something like this?
No.187873
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>188005
>>187871

Does Capcom want everyone to think it hates its own customer base?
No.188004
Anonymous
Replies:>>188016
Want some Brawl mods to tide you over?

Brawl Minus fot stupid shit:
http://www.brawlminus.net/download/

Project M for the super cereal:
http://projectmgame.com/en/download

Download smash stack from here http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack
Follow the instructions
Then with this you'll have Homebrew channel installed, now you need to install a channel to load games.
First search Wad manager on google and save it on your SD.
After that follow this video Wii Totorial Install NeoGamma R9 Beta 56youtube thumb [Embed] [Embed] to install NeoGamma, that's the channel you'll use to load brawl minus.
After you installed all of this, copy your files of brawl minus to the SD and then open NeoGamma and in the options menu activate Yes in the ocarina codes and then load the game with it, and that's it.

Now some E3 Sm4sh footage:

E3 2014 - CT Chibo (Greninja) …youtube thumb
E3 2014 - Doom (Bowser) vs Kei…youtube thumb
E3 2014 - Keitaro (Marth) vs D…youtube thumb
E3 2014 - Doom (Bowser) vs CT …youtube thumb
E3 2014 - Keitaro (Villager) v…youtube thumb
E3 2014 - Doom (Bowser) vs Nin…youtube thumb
E3 2014 - Keitaro (Wii Fit Tra…youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=Pf_PvxIokwQyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=oqEsO9rtIWUyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=wBphKbeMXwsyoutube thumb

Don't forget to check your local Best Buy to see if there's a Sm4sh event there today!
No.188005
Anonymous
>>187871
>>187873
Ono came out and said that they weren't doing it.
No.188007
Anonymous
Replies:>>188010
Is Smash Bros. In Trouble!?! (…youtube thumb

>Complaining about lack of polish in a demo
No.188010
Anonymous
Replies:>>188012
>>188007
Him being a gigantic whiney faggot aside he does make some good points. Japanese/ Nintendo devs (for the most part) tend to be extremely headstrong and unwilling to really listen to people. That said, Apparently at the best Buy events and E3, people have been taking notes, so maybe Nintendo's finally starting to get it.

Also; the game is 4 months away from launching. That's barely enough time to do anything of substance before submitting the final build.
No.188012
Shirou !lORCIa01Kk
>>188010

?

I don't get him being Whiny. He sounded perfectly composed in his criticism of the game.

And I mean really "It's not well balanced it's going to be like Brawl" isn't something we should be mindbogglingly blown about. It's not like he's saying the game's got horrible game-crashing bugs or has lied about its roster or anything.

It's Smash! and it sounds like he's saying it has the problems associated with Smash. Nintendo aren't some infallible gods who're going to constantly correct their mistakes.

They fucked up a bit with Brawl in terms of competitive play and they're not succeeding with U either. Accept that and move on. Or just don't buy smash if you're THAT invested in it being super good at competitive play.
No.188016
Anonymous
>>188004

Super Smash Bros for 3DS Rainb…youtube thumb
CT Chibo and Keitaro Take on t…youtube thumb
Super Smash Bros for 3DS Prism…youtube thumb
Smash 4 - VGBC | GimR (LIttle …youtube thumb
Smash 4 - Coney (Villager) Vs.…youtube thumb
Smash 4 - ZM (Mario) Vs. VGBC …youtube thumb
Smash 4 - EE (Fox) Vs. VGBC | …youtube thumb
Smash 4 - VGBC | Tantalus (Meg…youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=faBCVxldMFAyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=a-R36MFM2U4youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=LxOU9RuoVP8youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=cojr4A-1NNsyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=5T39rYutXmkyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=2doHqnACae0youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=ayIxABVawG8youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=vdCu99kLFSsyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=TL265E3Tdxwyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=3FRasxEXX1Yyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=QEE4EMJKiEcyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=xWD6ob1CsJ4youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=wWKmvyYgJ90youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=pj-wOdhEy1kyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=TmfPtW1kDOsyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=pDF-wxxIDbQyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=uJI_au2gWGgyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=uMkF8JKAa50youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=_HvcxYDuSZMyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=cgm2s1NP5Ioyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=5LOHxlZCaW0youtube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=w4PaB2LUb6wyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=yub3lqMGaMcyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=9V0sfGUNeGQyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=1Ofy7RJNvYoyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=mrDgRxVV1_gyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=Z0R_p2RCxCcyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=MSPH98pTARQyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=3i3VqY6-0jkyoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=-ckQpLAsX3syoutube thumb
//youtube.com/watch?v=M8hyo9fUG5cyoutube thumb

>New Fox voice
>Sounds like a stereotypical nerd or IT guy with the start of a head cold
>Fox even more gimped than he was in Brawl with very little KO potential
Why does Sakurai hate my favorite series so much?
No.188067
Anonymous
>>188029

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/1vdar4/a_78_stage_build_for_project_m_302_back_and/

Project M Modding Tutorial: Ch…youtube thumb
No.188069
Anonymous
Replies:>>188070
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jun/16/capcom-shareholders-vote-end-takeover-defense-company-now-susceptible-possible-purchase/

Come on Nintendo or Disney; eat hem up before EA does!
No.188070
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>188069
Come on Nintendo, bring the Blue Bomber under the banner fully.
No.188073
Nøpe
Man, if Nintendo acquired Capcom...I can hardly imagine it to be honest.
A big 3rd party suddenly forced to one side. Classic properties getting new life. Much less nickel and dime DLC. The chaotic response from the gamer community.
It would be incredible.
No.188074
Anonymous
Replies:>>188079
>Nintendo acquiring Capcom and therefore Street Fighter

I wonder how the FGC would react.

I don't know how much money Nintendo has stashed away in their vaults, but I imagine purchasing enough stock to own Capcom would cost a fortune. If Capcom were to just close their doors, would the individual IPs be auctioned off, like what happened with THQ?
No.188077
Anonymous
SHIN!DANTE AND BAYO TEAM UPS
No.188079
Anonymous
>>188074
>I wonder how the FGC would react.
Bitchtears and nerd rage if the comments are anything to go by. Honestly I hope none of the "big three" buy them because console exclusives are retarded and Capcom at least has the decency to release most of their fighters for PC.
Buying Capcom would probably be a huge boon for Nintendo; but it would fuck over just about everyone else.
No.188082
Jumpman
This Capcom talk reminds me when everyone was so damn sure Nintendo would buy Atlus, and the suggestion of Sega-Sammy was laughed at. Nintendo didn't even want to pay for the rest of Rare, I doubt they'll buy Capcom on a whim.

Somewhat related: Back in 2005, there were talks of Konami and Capcom merging.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a31Bxym5Bqtc
No.188083
Anonymous
Replies:>>188084
Why would Nintendo ever buy Atlus? As far as I know the two of them haven't had as close a working relationship (if they even have one) as they have had with Capcom in the past.

No one is going to buy Capcom. Not right now. Maybe when they finish bankrupting themselves a few companies will scoop up their IPs with maybe Nintendo grabbing Megaman, but that's as far as it'll go.
No.188084
Jumpman
>>188083
Speculation back then was driven by "look at all these 3DS games Atlus is making." Same goes for Persona 5 being a 3DS exclusive.
No.188086
Jumpman
Replies:>>188093
CAPCOM IS FOR SALE! Games Coul…youtube thumb

The thought of Amazon buying Capcom never crossed my mind. I think that may be too much for Amazon, but I never thought they would buy a game developer like Double Helix just to support Amazon Fire TV. The unannounced PS4 game by Ono signaling the Street Fighter series being exclusive to Sony is jumping the gun, but the thought of Sony and Nintendo sharing Capcom properties isn't so bad. Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil goes to PlayStation, while Mega Man goes to Nintendo. Heck, the possibility of Microsoft buying the Dead Rising series is strong too.

I don't know how I would feel if Disney bought Capcom. So tired of Disney buying everything, but it would give us more Capcom vs. Marvel games and Disney cartoon games like DuckTales. It would also give them them more boy-driven franchise they desperately crave. However, I don't know how much Disney values the video game market. They seem content with only pushing the Disney Infinity line.
No.188093
DudeWithMoney !SFwR6DnH/Y
Replies:>>188098
>>188086

My understanding is that Amazon and Microsoft couldn't buy Capcom outright, because Japanese laws forbid the sale of Japanese companies to foreign ones.
No.188098
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>188093
so Sony or Nintendo as Front Runners in this. Still say Nintendo has the edge,
save file
image:140307071000.jpg(47kB , 960x544 , ps-all-stars.jpg)
So, I bought PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale off of PSN for $5. The PS3 version was on sale, but it's a cross-buy title, so I played it on my Vita. After playing for a bit, I can see why this game never took off. On all technical levels, it's adequate. Graphics are good; characters controls well. . . and so on. But in regards to passion, the game is soulless. It honestly does feel like a cheap imitation of Super Smash Bros. However, where Super Smash Bros. succeeds in being a celebration of Nintendo and the classic age of video games, All Stars fails to explore any depth found in Sony's gaming library.

There were some cute moments, like the opening with all the PS characters fighting each other, or the Little Sister's interactions with Sackboy in the story campaign I played, but these moments are few. For the most part, the representation of the franchises owned or made famous by Sony are hollow. And speaking of the game's fighting roster, I don't know who decided to fill it up with third-party characters that had little to do with PlayStation. Big Daddy, DmC's Donte, and MGR's Raided have no place in this game. Okay, I understand Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are had to acquire, but surely there must have been better alternatives than those. In fact, there were.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/01/ps-all-stars-battle-royale-twitter-campaign-calls-for-abes-odysee-legend-of-dragoon-dlc/

Actually, to go back to All Stars' structure, the game never captures the frantic atmosphere of Smash Bros. It tries with hectic stages, randomly dropped items, and four-player fights, but executes them poorly. Two player battle came off more intense than four-player mode, which made me wish All Stars tried to be more like a regular fighter, than aping Smash Bros. I don't even know how the life meter works. I died and killed others, but I have no idea what triggered it.

You could blame the poor sales of All Stars on Sony overestimating the popularity of their characters--and there may be some truth to that--but I think for a company that's been involved with gaming since 1994, there's a rich history to explore. It's just a pity All Stars makes no attempt to do just that.

I decided to post this here and not the PS General because I wanted more of a opinion on All Stars' fighting structure. Sackboy's third special attacks seems too powerful. Any major differences with the game since Sony Santa Monica took over?
No.188126
Anonymous
Replies:>>188200
>>188122
>I don't even know how the life meter works. I died and killed others, but I have no idea what triggered it.

The biggest reason the game fails to capture the chaos of Smash Bros. is the same thing that sets it apart from Smash Bros.: The way KOs are scored. Players damage each other to score AP orbs to build meter. Building enough meter allows the player to one of three levels of super moves, which are the only way to score KOS. In SuperBot's attempt to set the game apart from Smash Bros., it ends up worse. If your super attack misses, all that buildup of meter was for nothing. I think the game would have been better off aping Power Stone instead of Smash Bros.

As for Abe and Dart not appearing on the roster, development on them was canned specifically due to poor sales of previous DLC. I don't recall anyone clamoring or even wanting for Isaac Clarke and Zeus to join the roster.
save file
image:140325498100.jpg(192kB , 800x450 , 1403245151279.jpg)
>>188122
>>188126
As yes All-Stars, the game that touts "It's got combos!", but the combos don't really even do anything. Also the characters blend into the backgrounds which Nintendo somehow manages to avoid for most Smash characters and stages.

>Pic of the day. Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling.

I must admit this has me pretty hyped.
No.188241
Anonymous
Replies:>>188277
>>188200
>Also the characters blend into the backgrounds which Nintendo somehow manages to avoid for most Smash characters and stages.
Might it have something to do with the designs of the characters themselves?
No.188277
Anonymous
>>188241
>>188200

I think most Smash stages have a background that is primarily a certain color, though that color may change on some stages (battlefield going from day to night, for example). From what I remember in All Stars a lot of the stages were cluttered when it came to colors and foreground/background detail, though I could be wrong since it's been a long time. Coloring a stage like Smash does helps characters 'pop' against the backdrop. In addition, most Smash stages are easy on the eyes, which makes following characters a lot easier.

And by easy on the eyes I don't just mean that they're pretty. Halberd was a stage from Brawl that wasn't nice to look at imo because everything being some muddy shade of red puts a bit of strain on the eyes. In contrast there are lots of stages that are different shades of blue, which are easy to look at. I have the feeling All Stars doesn't really take this into consideration, but like I said it's been a while, so someone more well versed in the game can weigh in on if that's true or not.
No.188416
Anonymous
>>188029
Needs more Daisy:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204656
more pics
http://imgur.com/a/LtYnR
No.188517
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>188516
YUSH!!!!!
Replies:>>188550
save file
image:140410235500.png(1.38MB , 1440x810 , Screen Shot 2014-06-12 at 12.24.14 AM.png)
Ok, so we know that characters are getting two variations of each of their special move, allowing you to pick from 12 different attacks in special mode and that you can "equip" items to change attributes such as speed and damage of your moves in special modes.

We also know that Paulina or whatever that Kid Icarus character is spelled like will be getting 12 unique moves to pick from, as will each of the Mii Fighter styles...

However someone was scanning the treehouse events and it looks like not only do you have to unlock these special move variations seemingly at random, but that things might be getting rather interesting for what moves we'll see where. Lets take a quick look:
save file
image:140410240900.png(116kB , 453x467 , yoshi_downspecial-unlock.png)
Yoshi's new special isn't anything super fancy. This one probably just has a hit or two of armor or does a little more damage.
save file
image:140410275700.png(192kB , 851x550 , fox_upspecial-unlock.png)
Here's where it starts to get interesting.

I know things are still in Gama or whatever it is just before you launch the game so things can change, but take a look at this.

It was inevitable that Fox would get a charged version of his blaster, however make a note that this move takes the place of his Up B special "Fire Fox". Rather than replacing his Neutral B with the Charged Blaster, he replaces his directional recovery move allowing him to utilize two ranged attacks by sacrificing his recovery. This sort of stuff can and WILL drastically change how characters play and function in this mode. It's less "Oh I want Mario to have faster fireballs" and far more in depth with critical decisions having to be made.
With any luck, he'll be able to store this shot like Samus or Lucario.
save file
image:140410302300.png(141kB , 469x465 , kirby_downspecial-unlock.png)
Lastly we have Kirby. Like Fox Kirby can replace one of his other moves for a variation on a move assigned to a different input, effectively allowing him to have two of the same style of attack.

This confirms that this type of situation isn't unique to Fox and that we can expect to see things like this on multiple characters. How many, there's no way of knowing.

Lastly, take a look at the wording. "Hammer Bash". Kirby's Side B is his mallet, however a move with a name like this being assigned to Down B makes me thing we might actually see some custom animations with this custom moves; however that is simply baseless speculation.

And that's all for now!
No.188550
Anonymous
>>188546
>>188547
>>188548
>>188549
A Nintendo rep apparently confirmed that the moves where mislabeled when asked about it. So so much for that.
>>188641
I like the brighter look, DBZ games had been going down a weird dark and plasticy style lately.
No.188661
Anonymous
Mortal Kombat X featuring THE PREDATOR?!youtube thumb

The Predator in a Mortal Kombat game: Good idea or bad idea?
No.188662
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>188661

I could dig it.
No.188663
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>188661
>Cassie Cage

Lemmie guess who's daughter she is. Could be some interesting move alterations from that.
Friday Night Fisticuffs Superf…youtube thumb
Let's enjoy a Friday Night Fisticuffs full of lack of knowledge on superheoric comic books.
No.188666
Anonymous
Replies:>>188671
>>188665
And arguing about it with them is pointless.
No.188668
Anonymous
>>188665
Now I want to post this on /co/ to see how they would react, but I know nothing good will come from it.

Should I do it anyway?
No.188669
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>188668
DOOO EEEEET
Replies:>>188672
>>188666
Yup.
But I can understand them, they aren't into superheoric shenanigans.

>>188668
I can imagine all those conflicted feels, since /co/ kinda like them.
Although, they're kinda aware of their lack of knowledge on comics.
Replies:>>188674
>>188671
But then again, it's summer on all of 4chan.
No.188674
Anonymous
>>188672
That and I don't know how the Mods will react.
save file
image:140483493100.jpg(659kB , 1952x2548 , 1HiwbDF.jpg)
So I've been playing around with Eliza on the beta since she got updated, and I think I've finally found another main.

Playing her just feels right for some reason.

I've mained Parasoul since the game came out and never quite got into any other character up until now.
No.188718
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>188719
Nintendo decided to sponsor EVO this year.

Last year, they tried to shut down the Smash Bros. Melee EVO tourney altogether.

Hell of a turnaround.
No.188719
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
Replies:>>188725
>>188718
Hopefully they've realized that burning their own fans and trying to hold an iron grip is not going to help them improve sales. They also recently did a third reversal (they were indifferent about sharing before they were against it) about youtube videos, now setting up an affiliate program with those who create content using their IP: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/27/5754560/nintendo-youtube-affiliate-program
save file
image:140486460300.jpg(96kB , 1366x768 , image12.jpg)
>>188719
It definitely seems that way. This entire year so far feels that they have been trying to reconnect with their fans and general public from the Smash Bros Invitational to outsourcing videos from Stoopid Monkey and Mega64 and now this EVO sponsorship. Which hey, good for them. It may be a bit of clean up from things they've done in the past, but it shouldn't be entirely dismissed as just that.
No.188726
Anonymous
I hope this represents an overall paradigm shift from Nintendo wisening up for real as opposed to them just taking the trial-and-error approach and reversing because of the backlash.
No.188731
Anonymous
>>188726
Are they really getting backlash from this?
No.188732
Anonymous
>>188726
You're hoping that they stop experimenting and adapting?
I don't support that at all.
No.188733
T4 was here
Gals Fighters (Queen of Fighters)youtube thumb
When I saw this post I though they we going to play the Other Queen of Fighters game.
You know the one.
No.188736
Anonymous
No I'm hoping that it represents a true change in perspective, and that they're actually learning from their mistakes and will make the right call from the getgo elsewhere, rather than only reversing the things they knew people got mad at them for, and continuing to make the same kind of boneheaded decisions in other areas until someone explicitly calls them on their shit, rinse, and repeat.
save file
image:140501444200.png(14kB , 400x384 , teethandhunger.PNG)
http://kaijucombat.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ckc_monster_list:nightstone_manor

Ok, I helped make this. I know you guys just would have loved playing a giant robot TeethandHunger, but sadly it couldn't be done. So when you play this game play as Nightstone Manor and pretend it's me.
Well, buy the game when it comes out with character in it.

....Oh sure, Matt and Pat get their Mecha-Zubaz in, but refuse the Spiral tooth monster.
I'M NOT BITTER! You know what...no. I, TeethandHunger live inside this creature, so you're playing as me piloting this. It's cannon, I said so. Yup......fuckn' mecha-baz.
Replies:>>188755
save file
image:140502218500.jpg(169kB , 864x486 , FREEDOM MARIO.jpg)
FOR FREEDOM
No.188754
Anonymous
Replies:>>188766
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/10/skullgirls-encore-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-in-2014/
No.188755
Anonymous
Replies:>>188756
save file
image:140503371800.jpg(126kB , 640x924 , 1047001766-00.jpg)
>>188755
I'll admit that it took me a moment to remember where I'd seen him wearing those duds before.

Nice Callback.
No.188772
Anonymous
Evo's live baby

http://multitwitch.tv/srkevo1/srkevo2/capcomfighters/jyosua/madcatz
No.188780
TeethandHunger
Replies:>>188781
No.188781
Anonymous
Replies:>>188785
>>188780
>No but get though. Just get good.

Maybe we need to change this mentality?
No.188785
Shirou !lORCIa01Kk
>>188781

The issue of "Git Gud" is a fascinating one to me.

Cause it's gotten to a point where the question becomes: when is a game badly designed and when is a game just testing you?

There are plenty of old school games that're hard. Hell they're fucking hard! Hard as fossilized dung. But we don't just appreciate them for that difficulty, in fact in some instances the difficulty is totally arbitrarily high. Nobody says "git gud" when you play Battle Toads even though in terms of fairness it's about on the same league as say Dark Souls.

And in Wonderful 101 there are missions that require you to perform random new mechanics and playstyles on the fly and getting them 100% perfect is a fucking nightmare because of this. But does that make that a bad game or those particular elements flawed? Well...

Basically the way I see it is this: if a game wants you to Git Gud it should make the process of Gittin' Gud as intuitive and quick as possible. Wonderful 101 I'd argue is WAY BETTER at letting you Git Gud than Bayonetta because you can't retry missions or fights in Bayonetta, you literally need to quit the game then hit continue to do so and it sucks. Gittin' Gud is already meant to be a trial and error process and learning enemy patterns so making the process of learning and being exposed to those patterns more tedious and time consuming is an awful stance to take because you're already making things difficult, making things TEDIOUS on top of that is just going to shoot you in the foot.

Basically here's what I think: It's not the fact that old games were HARD that people hate, but that they started you back at the start of the level and told you "do it all over again". That feeling that you basically lost all of your lives and are kicked back to the start screen with no level select is much MUCH worse than simply having enemies with aggressive or difficult patterns.
Replies:>>188798
save file
image:140521069200.gif(1.41MB , 300x223 , dk.gif)
http://www.destructoid.com/i-m-going-to-miss-tripping-in-super-smash-bros-4-277959.phtml
Replies:>>188792
save file
image:140521175700.jpg(287kB , 500x500 , beststreamer.jpg)
>Skullgirls top 16 set to stream at 4PM eastern
>Tekken first to fucking 13 exhibition match still going
>Delayed
>Delay continues because first to fucking 13 and Tekken is slow as shit
>"We don't know if we'll even be able to run top 4"
>L0 sponsored the Madkatz stream for airtime that they are now being denied
>"Ok, the top four will air at (7PM eastern)"
>Half hour plus of dead air before an Ed Boon interview where he just regurgitates everything he said at E3 because the interviewers are retarded
>Skullgirls stream starts 15 minutes early, ensuring anyone who reworked their schedule is screwed
>"We're totally sorry skullgirls fans, it was out of our hands and business and contracts and we'll do something special."
>Top 4 is the best thing at EVO yet
>"Ok we're sorry guys..."
>The something special was handing out a few Madcatz brand hats and shirts to the people already attending EVO
>We fucked you so here is our brand. You will wear it and advertise for us. People who planned their day around being home for Skullgirls and L0 who paid money for air time get fucked.
No.188791
Anonymous
Holy Fuck I just realized that EVO was happening right this second. What the fuck is wrong with me?
No.188792
Anonymous
>>188789
Skullgirls is suffering. I thought you knew that.
No.188798
Anonymous
>>188788
>deterministic mechanics in a game that involves physical skill is formulaic and therefore boring and bad!!
>random losses are good because MUH REALISM
>random losses are "interesting" because rolling dice is more exciting than a contest of reflexes
>insisting on bullshit houserules is "sportsmanship" and not being able to enforce them in online play is bad!!
>FIGHTING GAMES WITHOUT RANDOM MECHANICS ARE EQUIVALENT TO BOARD GAMES
>ENTIRELY SKILL-BASED GAMES ARE BORING

Fuck this idiot and everyone who agrees with his ignorant opinion. According to him, people who enjoy skill-based games are boring "control-freaks". According to him, only random mechanics can lead to fun. That attitude is toxic and narrow-minded and shitheads like him are one of the reasons competitive players attack casuals.
No.188804
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Dat BlazBlue grand finals at EVO.

Goddamn, what a match.
No.188809
Anonymous
Who's Balrog and why is he leaving the Smash community?
save file
video:140530624100.webm(694kB , 1280x720 , beached_marn.webm)
save file
video:140530627800.webm(774kB , 559x306 , wong_roll_cancel.webm)
save file
image:140530637400.jpg(70kB , 755x516 , 1376164269072.jpg)
>Intro video in to USFIV Top 8 to get everyone hype.
>Plays fucking Indestructible.

Are fucking kidding? Are you taking the piss? I mean Jesus Fucking Christ.
Replies:>>188822
save file
image:140531893600.jpg(61kB , 800x450 , Rayman.jpg)
WHAT
No.188822
Anonymous
>>188821
Eh it's probably because Rayman Legends was originally WiiU-only and this is to make up for UbiSoft not honoring the deal.
No.188827
Anonymous
Replies:>>188828
Well the leak got blown up and shot down with todays reveal. I won't spoil it; but it's pretty damn cool in my opinion.
No.188829
Anonymous
Beats Chrom/Lucina. Why'd they have to use the mediocre David Vincent voice though?
No.188830
Anonymous
I guess that explains why Marth's design is so wildly different and with the yellow trim.
Replies:>>188847
save file
image:140536151000.png(60kB , 500x215 , tumblr_n8pha0PfNh1s1sn5lo1_500.png)
No.188833
Anonymous
So is Chrom actually in the game or is he going to be DS only or what?
No.188834
Anonymous
>>188833
Robin's Final Smash is to Dual Strike with Chrom.
No.188835
Anonymous
>>188833
He's part of Robin's Final Smash. There are no system-exclusive characters, only system-exclusive stages.
No.188836
Anonymous
>>188833
Read the website
Pay attention to the video

The only ambiguous reveal is if Lucina is a new character or if she's just a high profile alt skin for Marth.
No.188846
Anonymous
>>188839
that was the least hype character reveal and exhibition I'd ever seen. It's like Boon realized he promised a reveal at EVO, but totally forgot and locked n intern in a room for a few hours before his flight and this is what was produced.

"Lightning traps" was barely shown and the orbs where already shown as part of another moveset. Not to mention Raiden spends most of the video getting his shit pushed in.
Good to see Cap. Falcon again, thought I'm still waiting for a Mr. Game & Watch confirmation.
Even if he appeared on the Pac-Man trailers, I don't take that as a confirmation.

>>188839
Cool!

>>188831
Hah!
No.188848
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
They picked the wrong design for Girl Robin and I'd rather have, say, Lyn, than a character that is at once a second Awakening character and a second Marth but oh well. Or swap her for Mic or Hector if you don't want another FE character with a sword.
No.188851
Anonymous
Replies:>>188862
>>188848
>Micaiah
Fuck no there's like nothing good about her. Plus anything she could've done so can Robin.
No.188852
Anonymous
Replies:>>188859
>>188848
At least there's justification for Lucina being a Marth clone.
No.188859
Anonymous
Replies:>>188889
>>188852
Justification doesn't mean clones should be welcome additions.
The way things look from the few seconds of gameplay she had, she'll be more of a Marth clone than Roy.

It's not even a Ken and Ryu situation like with those two. It's like Marth is there and Lucinia is Marth after a balance update or something.
Replies:>>188869
save file
image:140543248900.png(706kB , 506x1229 , tKfUi3c.png)
Lucina is a Roy clone?
save file
image:140543290400.jpg(105kB , 853x480 , al_140119_1950.jpg)
The subtlety is what the Brawl modders were missing.
They tried to make the mark really obvious which makes her face look really weird.
No.188862
Rodyle !Cljnc/gZnM
Replies:>>188863
>>188851
Well Robin is a mix of magic and melee so it was just a suggestion for a different style protag. But then I've never hated Mic as much as most did. Still would rather have Lyn though obviously, cause she'll always be the coolest one.

Or they could have used one of the twins and done a Jojo's ASB thing where they come in on their horses. But that would require someone to care about the twins.
>>188862
Though you've got to admit, a fighter who's weapons expire after being used enough time is the most fire emblem thing.
save file
image:140543839000.png(12kB , 259x288 , 1388598092881.png)
Honestly, the more people are going to get mad over Lucy and MU, the more I'll welcome their inclusion.

I'm more concerned over if good ol' Cap will get hit with the nerf stick again; especially after how well he stole the spotlight from the newcomers.
No.188867
Anonymous
Am I the only one who doesn't care how Lucina's face looks? Robin and all the other Fire Emblem characters look great, but Lucina's eyes seem a little too angry. She ought to resemble the Kozaki art a little more.
No.188868
Anonymous
>>188867
It sounds like you're the only one who does care how her face looks. I think she looks more determined than angry.
No.188869
Anonymous
>>188860
Fuck, that's disappointing as hell. They could've at least tried to make her moveset a little different by incorporating spear attacks since she can use those as a Great lord. That said MU is still rad as hell though.
No.188873
Anonymous
Replies:>>188878
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/15/full-smash-bros-character-roster-3ds-stages-will-be-reportedly-revealed-in-next-months-corocoro/
Huh. Probably nothing particularly mindblowing though.
No.188874
Anonymous
>>188867
She looks OK up close. If anything her problem is the lack of emotion more than anything else.
save file
image:140550415100.jpg(38kB , 620x349 , Flock_off_feather-face--article_image.jpg)
>>188873
Flock off feather face.
Replies:>>188882
save file
image:140552187000.png(256kB , 617x990 , robofortune_official.png)
At Evo Lab Zero revealed the official finalized look for Robo-Fortune.

Aside from the feet connector joints I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. There's a ton of cool stuff they can do with her they didn't get to explore with Fortune. Keep in mind that while the budget to make her is limited and she's coming last, she's not going to be just a reskin of Fortune and will have some unique moves; most likely similar to Fukua (but to the Nth degree) as to how she'll be handled.
save file
image:140552197800.jpg(42kB , 317x739 , robo_fortune_gundam.jpg)
>>188881
And here is an alternate palette which I'm guessing is any given main character Gundam. Seems a bit wonky though.

Also I guess she has pants and looks slightly different in-game as opposed to her artwork? I have no idea.
No.188885
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>188886
>>188882

Yeah, they said they're going to give her palettes that reference robots and such, so the first one revealed being a Gundam makes sense.
No.188886
Anonymous
Replies:>>188890
>>188885
Well of course she'll have mostly robot reference palettes. The problem I see though is that a lot of classic anime robots use red, blue, and white and they already gave Robocop to Big Band.
save file
image:140555383700.jpg(236kB , 768x1024 , 17_smashbros01.jpg)
>>188859
Confirmed:

>Let's start with Lucina (first image). She has the exact same set of special moves that Marth does, but like the game's director Masahiro Sakurai explained, the main difference between Lucina and Marth is that the former's moves will do the same damage regardless of which part of her blade hits, whereas Marth's attacks will only do maximum damage if the tip of his blade brushes the opponent.

>One very important detail that both the character reveal trailer and Sakurai left out, however, is that you can actually start a match as Lucina with her mask on. In fact, Lucina has a taunt that lets her put on or remove the mask, in a similar fashion to Guile's "sunglasses" taunt in Ultra Street Fighter 4.
No.188890
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>188892
>>188886

Hmmm.

...Megas XLR?
No.188891
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Anyone have the color patterns they'd need for that? a good Character model.
No.188892
Anonymous
>>188890
Anime robots.
Since the color team tends to ignore western properties in favor of animu whenever possible.

Megas though you'd need the flam pattern to really nail it which they just can't do.
No.188893
Anonymous
Is the Super Smash Bros. Roste…youtube thumb

Is the concept of hidden characters outdated because it "screws with the tournament scene" as this guy puts it? I think the endeavor to unlock them adds to a game's longevity.
No.188894
Anonymous
>>188893
Since there ARE people that play fighting games alone, they of course need more things to do besides fight the computer over and over. So yeah, it does add to the longevity. Especially for Smash Bros, because only tools play that shit competitively.
No.188896
Anonymous
>>188893
I still don't get why the fuck developers don't put n cheat codes to unlock all the characters, stages, and costumes or whatever if they're doing unlockables like they used to.
No.188898
Nøpe
Replies:>>188899
>>188889
So...a clone.
I thought they wanted to avoid that this time.
Replies:>>188900
save file
image:140557862400.png(128kB , 400x400 , main.png)
>>188898
What gave you that idea.
No.188900
Anonymous
>>188899
Toon Link at least has the benefit of functioning a little differently with his quicker floater movement and less powerful attacks.

Lucina they just straight up admitted to being a 98% copy paste job, the only discernible difference is that "tipping" is gone from her smash attacks plus she's like two inches shorter.
If the team had spent a few extra hours on her to do something like have her fully charged Dolphin Slash stun or give her an extra rep on her sword dance, or make her counter send enemies up, she could have actually played differently than a brainless Marth.

The kicker is that I bet you all dollars to doughnuts that she has the exact same custom moves as Marth too so she's not even good "friends only" fodder.
No.188902
Anonymous
>>188889
>She has the exact same set of special moves that Marth does, but like the game's director Masahiro Sakurai explained, the main difference between Lucina and Marth is that the former's moves will do the same damage regardless of which part of her blade hits, whereas Marth's attacks will only do maximum damage if the tip of his blade brushes the opponent.

So when they say the special moves are the same do they mean just the B attacks or are the regular A-based attacks the same too? If that's the case then shit it's even worse than Roy.
No.188903
Anonymous
>>188902
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/17/sakurai-explains-why-chrom-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros-says-he-lacks-any-unique-characteristics/
Pretty much. Lucina is literally Marth for casuals, which makes them excluding Chrom even more puzzling. By that logic he could've been perfectly viable as Ike, but with tipping. It's not like he doesn't have Aether too.
No.188904
Anonymous
>>188902
If you watch the reveal trailer, the little screen time she has, you can see that her normals are also the same. She appears to be, as of now, exactly the same character as Marth but without tipping.

Roy played vastly different than Marth in melee. Roy was slower, fell faster, did more damage, and his N.B charged for longer and a fully charged one damaged him. It was a Ken/ Ryu situation.

Lucina and Marth however is a Ryu AE and Ryu AE: 2012 level of difference.
Replies:>>188910
save file
image:140562266900.jpg(326kB , 816x1374 , Robos.jpg)
MEANWHILE ON CLONES DONE RIGHT...

Dat Dorthy palette
No.188910
Anonymous
Replies:>>188912
>>188907
>Metal Sonic, Aigis, Char, the Major
>Marina, KOS-MOS, Doraemon, Dorothy
>Getter Robo, ???, Gundam
How accurate is this?
Replies:>>188914
save file
image:140562487400.png(286kB , 1154x592 , RoboFortune color Map Comparison.png)
>>188882
Nope:
"As said in the panel, they made several versions of Robo to check how much it would cost to animate her.
G is the desired design while C and E are quicker and thus cheaper variants. After they tested out altering some of Fortune's sprites LZ decided it actually didn't cost that much more to go with the more complex G, so that'll be design they're running with."

Little disappointed they didn't do something with the pouches though.

Additional information is that she'll have a Detonation Mode like Robo-Kai:
>Mike Z: "Detonation mode is the thing that Robo-Kai has where he pushes his little plunger and gets a countdown above his head for 10 seconds, during which he's sped up and automatically generates meter. At the end of that ten seconds he explodes, doing crazy damage to his opponent and decent damage to himself, losing all of his remaining meter afterwards. And I love it, and it's incredibly fun, AND-"

Also worthy of note is that she was not included in the DLC pack IndieGogo backers got with their Skullgirls keys.
She may end up being free, or she may end up being paid DLC if L0 runs out of money since she was only ever a road bump in the campaign and their series of unfortunate events most likely drained a lot of funds. (this is all speculation)

Anime Expo Panel:
Anime Expo 2014-Skullgirls Encore Panelyoutube thumb
No.188912
T4 was here
Replies:>>188915
>>188910
I think the pink one MAY be from Phantasy Star Online...
Not sure...
No.188914
Anonymous
>>188911
Robo-Fortune concepts:
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/robo-fortune-why-do-i-feel-pain-creator-edition.283/page-8#post-142908

Beowulf concepts:
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/beowulf-thread-retiring-from-retirement.198/page-10#post-142867
save file
image:140562938900.jpg(140kB , 1280x1024 , RAcaseal1280x1024.jpg)
>>188912
This is the one I mean.
save file
image:140574370500.png(1,018kB , 1440x900 , Screen Shot 2014-07-18 at 8.13.05 PM.png)
Eliza got the DIO color after all

Tournament mode now has a PS Home button lockout mid match.

Double Snaps now have a Hype Anime Action Time Music thing

Killing with a super now has an effect like killing someone with a super in Jojo HFTF

Linux guy is now PS4 guy (Linux still happening, but PS4 first since people are getting paid for it)

Beowulf reportedly has had his animations started on

EVO Eliza Top 8 Exhibition:
http://t.co/Dt7CtVmUam

EVO Top 16 footage:
https://t.co/5AfjPAbZ0o
No.188937
Anonymous
>Hey lets give a character a really unique gimmick
>Ok
>Oh hey she plays like most of the other cast members because her gimmick is only useful as a combo extender
>How did that happen?
>Well we let our art team completely dictate how the character evolved and they clearly had no idea for how to differentiate her from the rest of the cast as to how she would fight and handle and what makes her tick they just drew cool things
>Well why didn't they consult Mike or someone as to how they envisioned them fighting and how to integrate the gimmick into a key part of their gameplay like Fortunes head or Napalm Shot?
>Because that would make sense and also I'm sure the budget had something to do with it
>Well at least her normals and moves are cool
>Ya, but most of them are pretty worthless
No.188940
Anonymous
>>188937
Who are you quoting?
No.188943
Anonymous
Replies:>>188944
>>188937
Care to let us know what you're going on about?
No.188944
Anonymous
Replies:>>188945
>>188943
How badly Eliza's been handled.
No.188945
Anonymous
>>188944
I don't think they mishandled her at all to be honest.
No.188946
Anonymous
Replies:>>188948
Most of her normals are useless, her gimmick amounts to nothing but a situational combo extender, and her gameplan, at least from what I've played of her and have seen feels pretty bland and l almost want to say kind of close to Filias.

She could have been so much more, but right now she's just sort of there. What should have happened is that Eliza just uses the parasute for a few attacks, but it's never out on its own (because it is beyond shitty) or they should have dropped some of Elizas specials and gave them to the parasite along with slowing Elizas movement down a bit and increasing the parasite. This could have forced players to switch between the two and make tough calls when in combos. Right now there is little to no reason to burn meter with your parasite unless you're using the Blockbuster.
No.188948
Anonymous
Replies:>>188949
>>188946
She's not finished yet and I don't think everything is set in stone. I'm willing to wait and see how things turn out.
No.188949
Anonymous
>>188948
The only thing she's missing is sound and a a little balancing. Mike said as much at EVO as well as last night.
save file
image:140596265300.jpg(26kB , 527x423 , BtFL-l9CYAAd-0B.jpg)
He doesn't look a day over thirty.
No.188962
Jumpman
Street Fighter 2: Ryu vs Fei Long (fight)youtube thumb

Bryan Cranston best Fei Long.
save file
image:140600271800.jpg(2MB , 1135x3300 , veterans over the years.jpg)
No.188968
Anonymous
>>188963
Man despite being over 10 years old Melee still manages to look pretty great.
No.188975
Anonymous
Replies:>>188977
>>188963
I'm a little sad they dropped the realistic look for Mario.
No.188977
Autonywork !x4vv0ZYuAo
>>188975
Yeah, I thought the denim was a nice touch. (Same thing happened to Luigi) I guess they wanted to "simplify" the characters? Or maybe those are the 3DS models?
save file
image:140608347600.png(527kB , 1440x899 , Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 6.43.49 PM.png)
LabZero is streaming and beefcake is on the menu.
No.188988
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>188995
>>188985

WRASSLIN’ IS COMIN’ TO MAH SKULLGIRLS
save file
image:140617756800.jpg(57kB , 357x352 , 1372278436904.jpg)
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/lab-zero-games-finally-receiving-cut-of-skullgirls-sales.4353/

It would seem as though the gypsies thirst has been slated...
Replies:>>189002
>>188988
>>188985
Finally, a new grappler is coming. I hope.
No.189002
Anonymous
>>188995
Yep, if we're lucky we might actually get a real grappler in Skullgirls. Here's hoping he has chain grapples or at the very least a grab rekka.
Meanwhile, on Friday Night Fisticuffs...
//youtube.com/watch?v=zAAWE67hYeYyoutube thumb
Spooky.
No.189073
Anonymous
http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/27/capcom-releases-official-screenshots-of-ultra-street-fighter-ivs-summer-vacation-outfits/

Some are decent. Some are dumb.

Either way it looks like they're done with SFIV for a while.
Replies:>>189076
save file
image:140657355600.jpg(171kB , 640x360 , cammy.jpg)
>>189073
I really like Cammy's. It's cute.
No.189075
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>189073

Only good ones: Dan, Sakura, Cammy, Adon, Juri, El Fuerte, Dictator, Blanka, Elena, and Poison.

The rest are all garbage.
Replies:>>189081
save file
image:140658145900.jpg(98kB , 640x360 , makoto vcdlc.jpg)
>>189074
My fav is Makoto's, its fucken boss.
No.189081
Anonymous
Replies:>>189082
>>189076
Granted she looks awesome, but I can't figure out what outfit she's wearing. Is this a carpenter's outfit? Did she get a summer job as a janitor? What?
Replies:>>189084
save file
image:140659837200.jpg(87kB , 640x360 , 28_usf4summercostumes41.jpg)
>>189081
Looks like something out of Jet Set Radio to me. Anarchist skater/free-running kinda thing.

I really like Vega's oufit. Simple yet stylish, and the added glove on his non-clawed hand looks awesome. Really wondering what the other colors will be.
No.189084
Anonymous
>>189082
That doesn't sound like a good fit for Makoto, but it's awesome.

Also the Vega costume looks cool too. Like if he didn't have the mask and claw he'd look like he was going yachting or something.
No.189108
Anonymous
Replies:>>189111
2 questions.

1. Even though Street Fighter IV is "done" for the foreseeable future, would you like to have 6 more characters to bump up to roster to a nice round 50?

2. Would anyone terribly mind if I made a big long dumb post about the new costumes?
No.189111
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>189108

1.) No. Let Ultra SFIV be the end. SFV should go in the direction SFIII did: give us a whole bunch of new characters and bring back a handful of SFII/III/IV characters.

2.) I say go right ahead.
No.189112
Anonymous
Alright. I didn't hate all of them but some of them were a bit awful. I would have liked to see the Udon sketches of these to see what they were going for.

Abel:Kinda looks like a JoJo character. I like it.
Adon:He's got that Persian nightclub guy thing going for him. They should have did something with the hair though.
Akuma:I don't think Akuma would wear Bermuda shorts and a tank top but the rope fists work.
Balrog:It works but he needs better colors. Also could have donr without the flowers.
Blanka:Kinda boring but not offensive. It works.
C.Viper:No idea what the fuck they were going for here. Best I could guess is a gliding suit or something. Either way the colors clash too much. Hair's fine though.
Cammy:Perfect
Chun Li:I don't think Chun Li is a cluber girl. It's neat but doesn't really suit her.
Cody:Construction worker/Community Service Cody is fine. Pants legs need to be the same length though.
Dan:Golf Dan is best Dan
Decapre:This was not very thought out and seems really lame. They should have ditched the high tech stuff or at the very least did something better with the shoes.
Dhalsim:It's the turban. They should get rid of the turban. Maybe longer sleeves.
DeeJay:This is an embarrassment. His first two were fine. This is horrible.
Dudley:Yuppie Dudley is fine. I have no issue with it.
E.Honda:They kinda just gave up with him didn't they?
Elena:It looks more like a neglige than a sundress or maybe it's something to wear over her bikini. Loos the arm and leg guards and take two layers off the necklace and it 's fine.
El Fuerte:It's fairly in offensive. Pretty basic. It works.
Evil Ryu:Maybe it's just a bad angle but the shoulder things aren't working.
Fei Long:I guess the excuse is he's making a movie or something. Either way it's fine. The suit is still better.
Gen:I like the hat but he needs a shirt.
Gouken:King of the fucking Sea. Doesn't make a lick of sense. Fucking hilarious.
Guile: Nice D.Dark reference.
Guy:The hoodie is fine. The knee-braces aren't. Should have just wore pants or shorts.
Hakan:Surfing Hakan? That's fine I guess.
Hugo:Pretty cool casual look. The gloves are a bit much though.
Ibuki:To be fair that's a terrible shot of her. That being said it still doesn't excuse what they put on her head. It's too distracting.
Juri:This is a neat concept. I don't like the head band though.
Ken:Probably would have been better with longer pants. It's fine overall.
M.Bison:I don't know what they were going for with this one. Yakuza boss or something? It's not terrible.
Makoto:Kick ass. I have no idea why she's wearing it though.
Oni:Kinda lazy but get's the job done. Probably could have lost the shoulder pad.
Poison:Classy.
Rolento:More like Brolento. I like it.
Rose:You know I would buy her wearing some sort of fancy swimsuit but it's the shoes that ruin it. She hasn't had a great run of costumes.
Rufus:They wanted scuba Rufus they got scuba Rufus. I can't complain.
Ryu:He looks like Ken dressed him. It works but the sunglasses are a bit much.
Sagat:The hat should be solid color. Otherwise it's pretty cool. Reminds me of C.Jack.
Sakura:Nice if a bit boring. Don't think she had a terrible one yet.
Seth:I don't hate it. Just wasn't expecting it.
T.Hawk:3 for 3 in garbage costumes. The could have salvaged it if they had gave him long pants and got rid of the face paint.
Vega:Nice. If he didn't have the mask and claws he'd look normal.
Yang:Not terrible. Probably could have lost the gloves.
Yun:The jacket and pants did not have the be the same color or at the very least nor that shade or orange. Let's hope he has better color choices.
Zangief:He looks like the hazmat guys from Monsters Inc. I love it.
No.189113
Anonymous
Summer Balrog looks like Pierce Washington. Not sure if want.
No.189114
T4 was here
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/dfqnov/digimon-all-star-rumble-debut-trailer
This better have my mon Tentomon playable!

Also I guess fighters are cheaper to translate then RPGs.
Aw well.
No.189120
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Ten years ago today, The Beast became unleashed.

//youtube.com/watch?v=np_5BHmaSI4youtube thumb
No.189121
Anonymous
Replies:>>189127
//youtube.com/watch?v=0UtSjHcpKggyoutube thumb

Killer Instinct is going retail!
No.189127
T4 was here
>>189121
>not having the classic cosumes
Really?
It better not cost more then the digital copy of the same thing.
save file
image:140703606000.jpg(26kB , 456x284 , 496007281_c733b843c8.jpg)
IT'S HERE!

THE GAME YOU ALWAYS WANTED!

THE REASON MARVEL TOOK AWAY THE GAME RIGHTS FROM CAPCOM!

WHEN'S MARVEL?!?

RIGHT

NOW

MARVEL: CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS!

//youtube.com/watch?v=GIdSQhy_HWUyoutube thumb

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK ME!
No.189129
Anonymous
Guys I think we're auto saging.
No.189130
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>189128

Looks like PS1-era crap.
No.189131
Anonymous
Replies:>>189133
>>189128
Well if Injustice, Killer Instinct, and Smash can get screen time at tornys this can too.
No.189133
Anonymous
Replies:>>189134
>>189131
>>189128
You DO realize it's a mobile game right?
No.189134
Anonymous
>>189133
Exactly. They stopped Capcom from producing any Marvel fighting games, classic or otherwise, to make a shitty tablet game.
No.189136
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
Replies:>>189148
>>189134

They can't even sell the old games any more, either.
No.189148
Anonymous
>>189134
>They stopped Capcom from producing any Marvel fighting games
After Marvel 3; I'm not seeing the problem here.

>>189136
Pretty sure Origins is still on sale on PS3 and 360. Could be wrong. I do remember they pulled MvC2 as well as MvC3's DLC... which was then banned due to its now limited access which torpedoed my Rocket/Shuma/Jill team