/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 8 posts, 1 files (1 image(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /co/241108 Close window
Options
save file
image:145171453300.png(933kB , 307x1460 , youarehereforever.png)
So /+co/mrades, what's the formula of your cartoon/comic?
No.241124
Anonymous
Go with a two to four person core and then spin from there.
No.241329
Anonymous
>have nothing
>work to improve situation
>drink
>lose everything
>rinse and repeat
No.241330
Anonymous
Have hit blocks but I've got to keep on moving. Else the other paths are nowhere near as good for my mental state.
No.241332
Anonymous
Replies:>>241337
Oh, so that's what I havne't been doing: After making a plot outline and vague character ideas, I never actually layed out any kind formula with it more specific than a general act structure. Or maybe I'm just being lazy and not writing enough.
No.241337
Eating
Replies:>>241341
>>241332
Wait, I'm not recommending using a formula. I meant this thread to poke fun at the repetitive nature of most cartoons/comics we enjoy. I didn't mean comics you made yourself (however, that would be fine too).
No.241338
Anonymous
Funny how thing go with that sometimes. Finding out now that my writing is better now after I've written out the story before I work it into a script
No.241341
Anonymous
>>241337
Oh, well that is a very different topic. Well in that case, the general pattern in a show I watch is:
1. Character engadges in cuts but midly unsettling or immature interest.
2. This leads too or is interrupted by an equally strange threat of mundane to catostrophic consequences.
3. In either case, the threat is handled violently while characters use is as a vehichle to discuss mundane things.
4. The threat is handled in spectacular confrontation and the main characters of the episode celebrate victory.