/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 11 posts, 2 files (1 image(s), 1 video(s))

Toggle poster info Replying to /co/227354 Close window
Options
save file
image:139987037800.png(1.34MB , 1711x635 , tmnt poster4.png)
TMNT Thread

4 seasons, baby.

As well as a film that people have mixed feelings about.

At least this set of posters is kind of neat.
No.227357
Anonymous
This is one of those movies my friends are hyped about, and I urge them not to see it because it's going to suck ass, and when it finally does suck ass and they wasted $60 going to see it, I'm going to be like "What did I fucking tell you?"
No.228755
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>228756
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES -…youtube thumb

Eh, Overall it feels right.
No.228756
Anonymous
>>228755
Not as offensively bad as Transformers. Still bad, but not quite so grotesque.
No.228817
Jumpman
//youtube.com/watch?v=Oi-_-SFcqWEyoutube thumb

Perhaps the best trailer put out so far, as it stops trying to be serious and just have fun. Mickey making a Wu Tang reference fits, but I was surprised Donnie got away with saying "badass" in a Nickelodeon film. Granted, Rango pushed the limits as a Nick movie, but haven't heard any adult language in an TMNT film since the original release.
No.228818
Jumpman
//youtube.com/watch?v=15gd2y3ftxgyoutube thumb

> Jeremy Howard (Donatello): I remember, after the first trailer had just dropped , the FX guys at ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) were so glum at some of the online reaction to the Turtle faces. People don’t realise the time and energy that go into how a film looks or how a character is animated. These guys at ILM are bigger Turtle fans than most people will ever be, and they’ve tried more versions of the final look than anyone will ever know… They’ve tried the big noses and they don’t work, they just look ridiculous when they try and talk- it looks like a cartoon! It worked in 1990, but it just doesn’t today, not when it’s got to look real. And it’s funny how the public reaction to the Turtles’ new appearance mirrors exactly what the characters deal with in the film. They’re mutants who aren’t accepted by the world for how they look- you really have to love the irony!
No.228823
Mr. Stone !zWb42fBPMM
>>228818

>they just look ridiculous when they try and talk- it looks like a cartoon! It worked in 1990, but it just doesn’t today, not when it’s got to look real

[headdesk ×100]
No.228828
Anonymous
>>228818
>People don’t realize the time and energy that go into-
No. Stop that.
If the end result is bad, it doesn't matter. A lot of time and energy goes into most of what you see these days. That's not an excuse to just like something.
And that crap about having to look real when we get this uncanny junk.
No.245757
Anonymous
https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-reboot-2d-1202000951/

So new series coming out next year. 2D Animation with Samurai Jack Character Designer working on it along with the current shows Supervising Producer.

Really would have liked the shorts done by Jhonen Vasquez to be a show.

//youtube.com/watch?v=JQNZcBTOgt8youtube thumb