/a/ - Avatar

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 4 posts, 1 files (1 image(s))

save file
image:142319289900.png(216kB , 250x384 , STK666536.png)
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/1042?stockItemID=STK666536
>Toph and Ty Lee comic for FCBD

Sweet!
No.119215
Anonymous
Replies:>>119216
Hopefully it will be better than the Suki comic, which had poor art and the plot basically was "don't be ashamed if you're a girl".
No.119216
Sharkman Jhones
Replies:>>119217
>>119215

I didn't mind the art as much, but if I had to guess as to the reason behind it's message, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it was done as a simple story for younger kids. That's what I've always seen Free Comic Book Day as, something for younger kids as much as it is for adults...

Granted, DC mega-dropped the ball on that front, releasing one of the single most depressing and violent goddamn things ever with a bleak future of various superheroes getting mutilated and killed left and right...

But yeah, it felt like they used a simpler message for younger kids in that one Suki story.

Stinks a bit, I really like Suki, she's pretty much my favorite minor character from A:tLA and I'd really like an official story focused on her and stuff she's doing, but eh.
No.119217
Anonymous
>>119216
>Granted, DC mega-dropped the ball on that front, releasing one of the single most depressing and violent goddamn things ever with a bleak future of various superheroes getting mutilated and killed left and right...
I guarantee the higher ups seriously thought thats what kids were into.