/a/ - Avatar

The archives have been restored! You can check them here.

Please use this thread to report any bugs.

Mods & Janitors: If you've forgotten your login details but would like to continue helping, please e-mail me: [email protected]

radio
8MB jpg, 12MB png, 8MB gif, 16MB swf, 16MB webm, 16MB mp4
4 posts, 1 image (total attachments: 1)
savepng216.297KB
STK666536.png
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/1042?stockItemID=STK666536
>Toph and Ty Lee comic for FCBD

Sweet!
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
Hopefully it will be better than the Suki comic, which had poor art and the plot basically was "don't be ashamed if you're a girl".
replyreportdelete
Sharkman Jhones
>119215

I didn't mind the art as much, but if I had to guess as to the reason behind it's message, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it was done as a simple story for younger kids. That's what I've always seen Free Comic Book Day as, something for younger kids as much as it is for adults...

Granted, DC mega-dropped the ball on that front, releasing one of the single most depressing and violent goddamn things ever with a bleak future of various superheroes getting mutilated and killed left and right...

But yeah, it felt like they used a simpler message for younger kids in that one Suki story.

Stinks a bit, I really like Suki, she's pretty much my favorite minor character from A:tLA and I'd really like an official story focused on her and stuff she's doing, but eh.
replyreportdelete
Anonymous
>119216
>Granted, DC mega-dropped the ball on that front, releasing one of the single most depressing and violent goddamn things ever with a bleak future of various superheroes getting mutilated and killed left and right...
I guarantee the higher ups seriously thought thats what kids were into.
replyreportdelete

File selected.