/a/ - Avatar

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 37 posts, 2 files (2 image(s))

No.118465
KORRA BOOK 4: EPISODE 6 DISCUSSION THREAD - BATTLE OF ZAOFUAnonymous
Replies:>>118473
save file
image:141533459400.png(195kB , 796x448 , NinjaNinjaRap.png)
The situation at Zaofu is in danger of going pear-shaped between Suyin and Kuvira's factions. With Korra's arrival, Kuvira gave the Avatar a 24 hour grace period to talk Su into a accepting diplomatic solution (aka, fucking surrender). When Korra arrived in the city, she was too late, as Su took her twin sons on an night time assassination mission!

After Bolin, Varrick, and Zhu Li's attempted defections, Kuvira sent Bolin off to the prison camps and forced Varrick to continue his spirit vines research under lock and key while Zhu Li pledged her undying allegiance to Kuvira. What's the play here? And what fate awaits Bolin at Kuvira's Super Happy Re-eduction Camp?

Check it out at 12 Noon EST Friday 11/7 on Nick.com (free with ads), the Nick mobile App (free with ads). Amazon Video around 3AM EST. Also Available on Google Play, Xbox Video, and iTunes! $1.99 per episode, $2.99 for HD, Season passes go for $21.99 SD and $29.99 HD.
No.118466
Anonymous
I expected more from the fight, though it was nice to see Korra shine again (even if it was short-lived) but otherwise, this episode was pretty predictable if you've put together the pieces from the book 4 trailer. Suyin was being dumb and reckless. Given her situation, now I wonder if Bryke are actually going to through with it and kill her. Her execution will make for great dramatic moments. It would be shocking and give Korra even more of a motive to kill Kuvira in return. And now everyone assumes Kuvira's going after Wu, but she's actually going to take Mako.
No.118467
Daniel FUCKING Murphy, Hitting Machine
>>118466

Where the fuck are you seeing this? It's not out yet.

Bumping your post beneath the fold just in case.
No.118468
Bamp1
No.118469
Bamp number two
No.118470
Anonymous
Just a heads up because of daylights saving the episode is going up on Amazon/Itunes about an hour later than usual.
No.118471
Anonymous
Replies:>>118472
I literally groaned out loud when Korra hallucinated and ended up losing the fight. It's not her fault at all but this is starting to get very, very frustrating. I guess Kuvira's attitude didn't help things either.
No.118472
Anonymous
>>118471
Also don't except anything good from /co/ for this episode, expect nothing but another week filled with screaming about how Korra "jobbed".
No.118473
Anonymous
>>118465
Shit ep. Too much Meelo, too much Varrick.
No.118474
Anonymous
>>118466
Trailer shows otherwise.
No.118475
Anonymous
Thought that it was an okay episode, showed Korra's recovery wasn't just handwaved away in just a "few" episodes. Meelo was pretty tiresome, but Varrick was actually both entertaining and important to the plot, so his getting a larger share I didn't particularly mind.

Su's reaction was understandable, considering she knows exactly what kind of person Kuvira's morphed into since she left the city, though openly attacking her was kind of reckless.

Find it kind of hilarious that Bataar Jr. seems to have sided with Kuvira due to feeling he was overshadowed by his parents... only to get engaged to a woman who willingly wants to overshadow EVERYONE.

Also, Kuvira telling Korra to keep out of Earth Empire affairs would have worked better if she wasn't, you know, the Avatar. Her jurisdiction is pretty much international and spans both the spirit and regular worlds.
No.118476
Anonymous
Replies:>>118479
So, /co/ bitched for weeks about Korra's recovery being rushed, and now they'll probably keep whining anyway. Personally, I'm happy that evil spirit korra si back, I really thought they were gonna forget it, but I agree the situation is getting a little frustrating. I think she needs to face Zaheer again.
I also loved that little painting moment

Bataar is such a little, beta shit.
No.118477
Anonymous
Replies:>>118480
Also, I think keeping team avatar separated for so long is hurting the show a bit. I know they're not ad essential to each other as the gaang, but season 3 finally managed to show them as a grioup of people working well together and caring for each other (especially in The Stakeout).
No.118478
Anonymous
Is it just me, or is the bit when Varrick said "covering all of my bases" the first time this show slipped up and used a metaphor that shouldn't exist in that world?
No.118479
Anonymous
>>118476
>So, /co/ bitched for weeks about Korra's recovery being rushed,
Dude, /co/ can eat a big fat sack of dicks.
No.118480
Anonymous
>>118477
I agree. I think season 4's villain is fantastic, but as far as plot goes, it's making the same mistake as season 2: separating the characters, several flimsily-intertwined plotlines, and a lot more dialogue than action. It doesn't help that dialogue isn't exactly the strong point of the series (I detest it when characters talk about people interfering in their "business" all the time). But at this point onward, the viewers are flying blind and all the pieces have been set. I have a feeling Bryke saved all the meatier stuff for the latter half of the season.
No.118481
Anonymous
Also can we guess that since Kuvira is now out of spirit vines she's going to try to get more from Republic City? That's the only place that seems to have them.
No.118482
Anonymous
Ooooh good ep, good ep.

Loved the juxtaposition between the fight and the calm(er) music.
I remember back in season one people being all like "man, I'd love to enjoy the fight but there's just horns blaring all over it" and... guess this is the result!
No.118483
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>118484
I do wonder if part of the thing will be that Korra can no longer totally throw down without those visions triggering and shutting down
No.118484
Anonymous
Replies:>>118485
>>118483
It'll definitely be an interesting development for her character!
Going from Always Ready To Fight mode to no longer being able to do so at the drop of a hat, it makes more a fascinating bit, don't you think?
No.118485
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>118484
Read a few books where that has happened, its an interesting change in pace for the character to still move forward but under different circumstances.
No.118486
Anonymous
Replies:>>118487
Hm, it occurs to me that it really would be in Kuvira's best interests to kill Korra at the first opportunity at this point, as chances are the new Avatar (who would be of Earth Kingdom descent) would likely be one of her citizens... and with an entire continent at her disposal now, I doubt she'd let the Order of the White Lotus get into a position to raise the new one in a neutral setting.
No.118487
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>118486
That would be an interesting addition.

"You are here trying to kill Wu!"

"No, were trying to kill YOU!"
No.118488
Anonymous
We're 6 episodes in and I've found the series to be somewhat confusing with no real idea where it's meant to be going. Korra had arc about being ill, shes was cured, then started having the same problems again so we're going to have to have another healing arc. It just feels like Bryke is dragging this out because they don't have enough plot for a full series.
No.118489
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>118488
Whole book is likely going to be in part Korra healing and finding a new path in being the Avatar.
No.118490
Anonymous
>>118488
PTSD doesn't really disappear completely after one "life changing" field trip.
No.118491
Snes !v68zTeBMI.
>>118488
There's a difference between having no idea where you're going and taking a while to get there.
No.118492
Sharkman Jhones
Replies:>>118494
>>118488

You know, given that Jinora expressed confusion on seeing Korra suddenly relapse...I get the feeling that...perhaps...something else is going on? That we're supposed to be wondering "hey, what happened, the poison was gone, why's she acting that way?" Like, intentionally? This is only the halfway point, and a fully okay Korra killing Kuvira would be the definition of anti-climactic.
No.118493
Anonymous
>expected throughout the entire scene with Varrick on the train that it'd be some gag like the spirit vine core blowing confetti or winding up for a huge explosion and then fizzling out

>he actually was going to kill himself
No.118494
Anonymous
Replies:>>118495
>>118492
I think people were hoping Korra would win and kick Kuvira out and in a sort of out of character for her rage she'd turn her army on Republic City. Which would have been okay but I think Korra would have had to deliver a particularly embarrassing beating for Kuvira to do something like that.
No.118495
Anonymous
Replies:>>118496
>>118494
There is a bit of that, but from what I've read it mostly seems to be that they thought that the pre-avatar state phase of the fight was too one sided, that Korra should have, while remaining on the defensive, at least gotten a few good shots in. And honestly I can see being annoyed by that, but when you compound the fact that she hasn't properly fought or even practiced bending in three years with the fact that deep down she probably still doesn't really want to fight Kuvira, I think it made sense.
No.118496
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>118495
Yea she was being goaded into it by others. I think after she meets Wu and hears the plans of the United Government she'll be even more conflicted about who's in the right with this one.
No.118497
Anonymous
So spirit vines are basically a metaphor for nuclear energy?
No.118499
Anonymous
Replies:>>118506
Why did Varrick want Baatar Jr. off the train? Wouldn't it have been more useful to try to take him and all the other soldiers down with him?
save file
image:141553960600.jpg(15kB , 348x232 , showimage.jpg)
>tfw you can't see the episodes in HD because Nickelodeon doesn't want to show them in your shitty country.

Seriously though, is there any place where I can see them in good quality?
No.118505
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
http://hola.org/ can unblock or at least used to could since they've seen to have tightened their asinine "must have cable to watch online" bullshit. other is watchcartoonsonline which has them up.
No.118506
Anonymous
>>118499

Didn't want to kill the (relatively) innocent rail drivers and whatnot too?