/a/ - Avatar

Please consider donating! Thanks!

Thread stats: 12 posts, 4 files (4 image(s))

save file
image:140677717400.png(256kB , 201x586 , I hope Nick dies from aids.png)
I just came to the realization that Nickelodeon has a bunch of moras working for them.

Why does it have to be a this or that situation?

>Only on Television
>Book Three Continues Right Here on Nick.com/Korra

They really must not want the series to grow if they're going to alienate their audiences by choosing a preferred medium.
No.117650
Anonymous
You know, i hope the website can handle all the traffic.
No.117656
Anonymous
After the reception book 2 had and the way Season 3's ratings are circling the drain, I expect they do not, in fact, want the series to grow. At this point they're likely showing the eps at all simply because they're already made.
No.117657
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>117658
>>117656
They hamstrung this thing for most the season in regards to the internet only recently getting the episodes online.
No.117658
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
>>117657
Also the quality is terrible

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-209-full-episode.html

Its up already if anyone wishes to watch it and give it a boost.
save file
image:140693886300.jpg(155kB , 800x1005 , lich-king.jpg)
http://observationdeck.io9.com/the-sad-saga-of-korra-or-how-a-network-screws-over-its-1614451326/+charliejane

Lich King nailed it. The io9 article reads more like a Nick wiki, than an analysis on what happened to Korra.

Jeff Harris also brought up an interesting point, suggesting the Marvel movies have created unrealistic expectations for action cartoons aimed at kids to meet.

https://twitter.com/nemalki/with_replies
No.117661
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>117668
>>117660
I think they do but they are aired in such a way that I can't be bothered to tune in and buy everything from digital. I can't be bothered to find the just half hour to tune in to that station that I don't watch say 85% of the rest of my viewing time Since I don't care for anything else but Korra on that station outside of Turtles. I think that is what a good number of people run into, its why I lose interest in many a channel, too few shows for me to care. When just about Six hours of programming a day is Spongebob and the other 2 and a half(?) is other random mindless bullshit, I enjoy the show but I cant stand the network.
Replies:>>117679
save file
image:140697080100.png(67kB , 552x320 , 1406969557163.png)
>>117661

>2014
>Network having to manually do this, when one feels like it.
Replies:>>117681
save file
image:140703769600.png(27kB , 608x304 , relic.png)
>>117660
lol Looks like Tim Collins wins again!

>>117668
Nick really is a terrible company. Someone needs to pull the trigger.

>>117656
I blame autists like /co/ for the decline of ratings as I do Nick's terrible marketing department.
No.117681
Bunker !OFOzVPOG0g
Replies:>>117682
>>117679
Combo of those that hated Korra because it violated their headcanon of post ATLA events, those that hated Korra because she was brown and/or a woman. Those that just hate action shows in general or because it wasn't the action show they wanted from Nick. Those that hated it because it ruined their headcanon for what they thought Amon would be. Cripes the amount of toxic bile especially just he plain hate for Korra herself. Like she was some personal affront to..something. Dunno how much of that leaked out to other places, but it just wasn't a nice place to talk about Korra.

But overall Nick needs to be slapped in the face for being so shit with their lack of a block for these shows. Did someone actually cut a insane deal that they had to air all those shows by themselves in a sea shows that don't fit!!! One episode of power rangers sandwiched between FOP and Spongebob, what madness is this? Nicktoons has a more coherent schedule, least they fucking air ATLA and its bookend by similar shows. I just don't understand.

Hell I'd gladly watch Nicktoons over Nickelodeon oh wait its not in any basic cable package (last I checked and that has been a few years since I gave a damn)
No.117682
A New Spiritual Age
>>117681
>Combo of those that hated Korra because it violated their headcanon of post ATLA events
Except it really didn't. Like I said, autists.
>those that hated Korra because she was brown and/or a woman
Definitely autists.
>Those that just hate action shows in general or because it wasn't the action show they wanted from Nick.
Retarded.
>Those that hated it because it ruined their headcanon for what they thought Amon would be.
Autists.
>Cripes the amount of toxic bile especially just he plain hate for Korra herself. Like she was some personal affront to..something.
Not sure what you meant to say here, but sounds like autists.

As someone who knows a doctor, I can confirm this. ;)
No.117683
Anonymous
Just so much hate. And now with Nick clearly being neglectful of their shows and just in it if the show can keep it together long enough to make a profit for them but otherwise uncaring and won't lift a finger to help. It's frustrating that Korra may make it to the final curtain but the franchise is dead since Nick just couldn't be asked to help in any capacity to make it successful. Unless Platinum brings a miracle boon, least we'll get games then.